Bleedeye - implications for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

WvW fans might want to have a look at this bit of news about condition damage. Maybe it only affects downing the Lord of SMC, but it might have much broader ramifications.

Be informed.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

There is no official mention of it being applied in PvP or WvW. But here’s a reddit thread with some screenshots of it at work in PvE. An exclamation point is used if a condition has 100 stacks or more.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3062j3/bleed_stacks_over_25_in_beta/

A screen showing more than 100 stacks of bleed:
http://i.imgur.com/YTadzao.jpg

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Can you imagine how OP Mesmers will be when all condition caps are released? 100+ stacks of Confusion will wreck melee trains. I sense Melandru Runes are gonna be spiking in value in the days to come.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I can confirm 100 stacks of bleeding in the stress test.

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Can you imagine how OP Mesmers will be when all condition caps are released? 100+ stacks of Confusion will wreck melee trains. I sense Melandru Runes are gonna be spiking in value in the days to come.

I’d like to know this Mesmer build that will stack that much confusion on multiple targets for more than 3-4 seconds.

in WvW

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I believe that build is called “half a zerg of us” .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Half a zerg of anything would be strong.

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I for one don’t see an issue.

Sure a 90 or 100 stack of bleeds sounds intimidating damage wise but it’s no different than if the same people it took to build those stacks did direct power based damage to you instead.

All this does is make condi specs not completely forgettable or for solo play anymore.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

RIP roaming…

Condi is already too kittening strong in WvW

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

they would be absolutely insane to make this possible in wvw/pvp, I cant see this ever being changed for wvw/pvp

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Lol why do people seem to think a Condi roamed can stack 100bleeds alone…. I mean even if he can stack well over 25 bleeds you are as good as dead if you allow him to stack 25 bleeds alone.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Lol why do people seem to think a Condi roamed can stack 100bleeds alone…. I mean even if he can stack well over 25 bleeds you are as good as dead if you allow him to stack 25 bleeds alone.

It’s not going to happen but it’s no different than power players blasting you, too much you die don’t forget zergs have no problem cleansing.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

this wont be an issue in pvp or wvw. we have small health pools compared to the big world bosses and champs that this will affect the most. the thing is, when you have that many condis on you… youre outnumbered or out of position. if you ever see a 20+ stack of bleeds on yourself in wvw, you are 99% already dead (not 100% cuz.. like… cannon fire from a power build is easy to cleanse). same for torment. confusion is at least survivable if you dont act more than about once.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

If you have ever been hit with 25 stacks of anything you should prob just uninstall, this change will make zero difference to wvw or pvp.

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Well, it sorta does make a difference if it’s allowed to be applied to structure lords/champs. They will melt even faster than they already do. As I’ve said many times, the SMC lord is not the most powerful NPC in WvW; it’s Siegerazer. An NPC that only requires 5 people to activate in 60 seconds takes that same amount of opposing players about 5-10 minutes to kill.

in WvW

Posted by: nihasa.5067

nihasa.5067

Players should not be afraid of this change.

At the moment – 25 stacks @ 1500 condi power for 10 seconds is 29k damage over time for bleeds, 22k DOT for stationary torment, 44k DOT for moving torment and 4.4k confusion damage per skill.

You would be long dead before going over 25 stacks.

Nihasa The Engineer [WvW] Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Players should not be afraid of this change.

At the moment – 25 stacks @ 1500 condi power for 10 seconds is 29k damage over time for bleeds, 22k DOT for stationary torment, 44k DOT for moving torment and 4.4k confusion damage per skill.

You would be long dead before going over 25 stacks.

Thats not exactly reassuring you know. A zerg of 50 peeps would smack 100 stacks on smaller groups in a second. They could run full dire and instakill everything. If you thought the pirate ship meta was bad, wait until you see them start using grapeshot instead of cannonballs, lol.

I am guessing that this only apply to PvE event bosses however, otherwise regular PvE mobs would melt even faster than they do now.

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

awww man more condi buffs. Guess now i can now say i have an X stack of bleed on me once.

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Damage conditions wouldn’t change at all for players. You are pretty much dead when hit with 25 bleeds, anyway.

Vulnerability on the other hand could be a bigger problem. A single shatter/lockdown mesmer can easily get 25 stacks with a well timed F3 shatter.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

If you have ever been hit with 25 stacks of anything you should prob just uninstall, this change will make zero difference to wvw or pvp.

I agree, it wont even matter. For roamers it would be very unlikely to get over 25 stacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I could picture bad things happening if a group get too close while people are fighting the grub a few epidemics and with lag like it been you blink you are dead.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

The only thing the grub has ever been good for is making it attack blue keep…

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

What are ppl worried about? A 100 bleeds stack would most likely be cleansed the same way as a 3 bleeds stack (and condition transfers would be so much more awesome with transferring 100 bleeds^^). In Zerg fights the issues isn’t the max stack of conditions, it is that conditions can be cleansed every millisecond or so (maybe a bit less frequent^^). In roaming, it is hardly possible to stack 25 stacks of any condition in a 1v1 fight. So if they change it for PvP/WvW too, it will hardly have any effect.

Revenant might have an interesting impact. If she can buff herself with resistance and possibly counter whole condition dmg roaming groups by copying her conditions on foes. I myself love condition dmg play (although I mostly still roam with power, because it is just so much more efficient imho). I still would be excited about such possibilities.

P.S.: At the ones claiming conditions to be too strong in any setting: l2p.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Can we at least get a reliable source of lemongrass so we can get an affordable way to reduce the duration of these infinite conditions?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

What makes you guys think it will change in WvW? Sems to me that conditions aren’t in a bad spot there now. I would think most of these condi changes are based around PvE

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

That’s the thing, I don’t think it will. First response to the OP was along those lines, and nobody has reported a change in beta WvW nor a dev stated that it would. I highly, highly doubt that they would make a change as drastic as lifting the limit on condi stacks in competitive game modes without saying something about it first.

Then again, this is Anet and I’ve been wrong before, so what do I know?

in WvW

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Only thing I’m worried about is whether this adds additional lag to big fights.

The impact is pretty minimal otherwise.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

The only thing I can think of is that, programmatically, previous to this change, stacks had a hard limit of 25 to iterate through (a recursive loop with a known end on a 1 second sleep — although they’ve now altered the sleep to a float which fixed condition durations that were not pure integers. I imagine this was a pain in the kitten for them, since it meant adding a float value to each condition’s data structure that is subtracted from upon each iteration of the main() loop — thus making all conditions infinitely recursive unless the enemy has none of that type of condition on it. Ouch). With the limit lifted, it looks like this: Servers can no longer rely on n=25, it’s now 0n, unless there is a hard limit beyond 100 that it caps at that we simply don’t know yet. I imagine there is, because iterating through multiple enemies at once, multiple conditions at once, with an unknown limit is just plain bad practice.

There will be a performance impact, since even in PvE you are still connected to a server. Any time you have to increase the number of iterations of a loop, you are going to see a hit.

edit: ok, yeah, I spent far too long thinking about that.

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Odds are it has more to do with the stress in the stress test… ppl are just jumping on any thing and making up crazy ideals with them.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Yeah, it’s highly likely that the stress test is there to gauge how much this is going to affect server performance. What the hard cap should be set to, etc. I honestly don’t think WvW is in much danger.

in WvW

Zetsumei.4975

Seriously?…. Seriously. People in this thread think that in a group to group engagement it is possible to get over 25 stacks on a number of people in the fight.

I’ll say it again, if you’re group is SOMEHOW, SOMEHOW bad enough to allow yourselves to get stacked with 25 bleeds you are dead anyway.

About people who don’t play necromancer worried about epidemic, the biggest issue with epidemicing a large amount of condis is that if you try to hold out for as many condis to stack as possible before epidemicing, the target dies before you can epidemic because he doesn’t have enough health to stay up.

Ruins of Surmia

(edited by Zetsumei.4975)

in WvW

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

If a Zerg lands a full 25 stack of confusion and/or bleeding on you, you’re just as dead as if they applied a 50 stack…

I’m not convinced that this makes a difference. Especially since a 60 stack can be removed with a single cleanse just as easily as a stack of 25.

The danger comes from application outpacing cleansing, which has almost no relation to full stack caps.

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

I wonder if Epidemic will be changed.

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

More than 25 stacks rip game.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

There is enough AOE cleansing in a group to make this a non-issue in WvW. It’s only in very small scale fights where conds even have a chance to really stick. Small scale fights = fewer poeple even able to apply conds and thus harder to go above 25 stacks of anything. WvW has always been a power meta. Not a big deal. The sky isn’t falling.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

I don’t see condis becoming stronger than direct dmg or op in zergs. There are -40% food, -25% runes, aoe condi clear, -condi duration traits, etc…

Most heavy condi skills are single target anyway, unless people start bring a lot of epidemic necros. And even that requires a higher skill cap than the direct dmg meta.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

For WvW, the game-changer would be if they changed might stacking to be uncapped as well.

(Plz don’t do that.)

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

For WvW, the game-changer would be if they changed might stacking to be uncapped as well.

(Plz don’t do that.)

How much extra damage would one do if he had 100 stacks of Might on a Hammer Guardian? And as an aside, how much extra damage would 100 Guard stacks do? If any math whiz players are here, I’d love to hear the numbers.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

coglin.1867

(Plz don’t do that.)

They have only mentioned any work on the condition cap for the purposes of condition damage, and only for PvE from what I gathered. There has been no mention of a need, desire, or intention, to adjust boons beyond what they have already done to stability.

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

youre outnumbered or out of position.

That’s the way I see it, otherwise your team should know how to manage it.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Wouldn’t it make sense to assume this cap only applies to where Conditions are the weakest, and that is against NPC’s?

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Bleed was the only condition that popped up to 100. Vulnerability and the other stacking conditions were left at 25. Duration stacking conditions weren’t affected and given how they work any cap change wouldn’t affect them anyway.

(edited by Azrael.4960)

in WvW

Jski.6180

The condition duration changes was way bigger then a cap changes. If any thing higher caps are only going to be seen in PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Bleed was the only condition that popped up to 100. Vulnerability and the other stacking conditions were left at 25. Duration stacking conditions weren’t affected and given how they work any cap change wouldn’t affect them anyway.

Confusion also had the cap increased.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

If you get more than 25 stacks of confusion on you… you did something seriously wrong… just sayin’…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

coglin.1867

If you get more than 25 stacks of confusion on you… you did something seriously wrong… just sayin’…

Who is the “you” referred to here?

This was in PvE so I am not even sure what that is supposed to mean. It seems perfectly reasonable to me that players can stack over 25 stacks of confusion on PvE mobs.

in WvW

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

While trying to take SMC

- INC ENEMY BLOB 50+!
- ALL NECROS EPIDEMIC LORD IN 3,2,1!
- GG! BLOB INSTANTLY WIPED@@@1

in WvW

Zetsumei.4975

While trying to take SMC

- INC ENEMY BLOB 50+!

That already would work with 25 bleeds. No-one does it because of condi reduction and how its very easy to remove the condis.

What im saying is that if you think the bleeds wont be removed then go ahead and do it now, 25 bleeds is enough to kill someone.

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

coglin.1867

While trying to take SMC

- INC ENEMY BLOB 50+!

That would only make sense if you had any evidence of higher stacks in WvW. I guess some folks feel over reaction and unreasonable hyperbole more of a sport then others do.

in WvW

Jski.6180

While trying to take SMC

- INC ENEMY BLOB 50+!

Then 1 sec later the servers are set on fire becuse of all the data streaming lol. Though that is a funny ideal i would love to see it one day as a bug hehe.

There is no way that they could let crazy high stack work in wvw with out simply killing the servers the lag would be imposable to deal with.