Blob wars

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Large scale fights are a part of WvW. Guild Raids or Open Raids, coordinated on voice comms, all part of the experience. Karma trains are just mindless though, I get that PPT is part of the game, but when you just dodge fights, it should be about epic fights between equal numbers, even over objectives, not PvD.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

Large scale fights are a part of WvW. Guild Raids or Open Raids, coordinated on voice comms, all part of the experience. Karma trains are just mindless though.

+1

And what’s more sad is that people are willing to pay and then sit in a queue all day just to be part of the karma blob. Smdh

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Reason many love ALpine and leave a t1 paper tower when they get hitted by just one normal AC :| , or even fail and be holder by one player cause blob only want to pvd… and move in search for another tower if cant pvd it fast.

Most WvW players are just karma swarmers, cause swarm empty towers on WVW maps looks cooler than swarm empty shrines eotm.

GW2 WvW needs a bigger change besides stack players so the spam wars can hide the gamemode issues.

-.-"

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

World versus World (also known as WvW) is a Player versus Player game mode where players from three different servers, or worlds, battle in the Mists. It features open-world combat on five large maps with up to several hundreds of players per map. In World versus World, players can besiege objectives such as Keeps and Towers with siege weapons, and battle over resources, to win rewards for their world and World Experience for themselves.

MMO-A massively multiplayer online game (MMOG or MMO) is an online game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously in the same instance (or world).

2 things for you to chew on. Both of those is what WvWvW was designed and intended for. If a server chooses to run their map a certain way, so be it. If your server chooses to run a map a certain way, so be it.

Don’t try to change the game mode because other servers won’t play to your game style. GvG, Havoc, Roamers and Duelers all take their chances entering WvW encountering a blob.

It is what it is

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

(edited by Loosmaster.8263)

Blob wars

in WvW

Dhemize.8649

World versus World (also known as WvW) is a Player versus Player game mode where players from three different servers, or worlds, battle in the Mists. It features open-world combat on five large maps with up to several hundreds of players per map. In World versus World, players can besiege objectives such as Keeps and Towers with siege weapons, and battle over resources, to win rewards for their world and World Experience for themselves.

MMO-A massively multiplayer online game (MMOG or MMO) is an online game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously in the same instance (or world).

2 things for you to chew on. Both of those is what WvWvW was designed and intended for. If a server choses to run their map a certain way, so be it. If your server choses to run a map a certain way, so be it.

Don’t try to change the game mode because other servers won’t play to your game style. GvG, Havoc, Roamers and Duelers all take their chances entering WvW encountering a blob.

It is what it is

How very educational.

Btw it’s “chooses”.

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Depraved Ambience.7942

Depraved Ambience.7942

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe most people prefer group fights between 10 – 25 players give or take some. But the 40+ endless blob fest is starting to get old. It usually starts out with multiple tags on the map then enemy brings the blob then we combine into a giant blob then the next team. It’s the same thing every day. Is there a solution to this? Should there be a solution to this or is this really what the majority enjoys?

This really is what the majority enjoys, according to the poll results.

ANet, by implementing world linking and accpeting the blobling majority’s “Yes” vote, has taken away any chance of a player not getting on a 24/7 blobfest server. Players no longer have any choice of server style, so I’m sorry, but you’re stuck with this incredibly boring, lame, blobby mode now. Good luck in EotM 2.

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Fixed the grammar for you (Autocorrect). Sometimes people just have to be reminded.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Blob wars

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe most people prefer group fights between 10 – 25 players give or take some. But the 40+ endless blob fest is starting to get old. It usually starts out with multiple tags on the map then enemy brings the blob then we combine into a giant blob then the next team. It’s the same thing every day. Is there a solution to this? Should there be a solution to this or is this really what the majority enjoys?

This really is what the majority enjoys, according to the poll results.

ANet, by implementing world linking and accpeting the blobling majority’s “Yes” vote, has taken away any chance of a player not getting on a 24/7 blobfest server. Players no longer have any choice of server style, so I’m sorry, but you’re stuck with this incredibly boring, lame, blobby mode now. Good luck in EotM 2.

well if you got defenders on your BL most guild groups and swarmers will loose interest and go farm some empty tower on the other server.

This is the issue that needs to be fixed imo, players have more incentivation for fight empty towers than actuallu fight for something.

Game dont offer much besides swarm spam wars, it is not a population problem only.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Supernatural Dawn.3194

Supernatural Dawn.3194

That’s why I liked desert borderlands. You could split your force and make the blob chose what they wanted to defend. The map is big enough to allow for strategy. Alpine is so small it encourages blobing.

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

To me, there’re two main issues with the blob wars biais that WvW is taking now.

The “less effort, more rewards” is making things unfair, and at the same time, the blob makes things impossible to be effective for any other playstyle. Just as it’s been said :

Blobs suck the talent out of wvw. If you aren’t in one then your experience is limited to flipping camps. If you are in one your experience is limited to mashing 111 and trying to hit a guy before he melts under the other 50 guys. What an exciting game mode people have created.

In a nutshell : there’s nothing wrong with blobs, but it shouldn’t be the “only” effective option.

The second issue is what ANet wants and maybe you should have a look on what they exactly advertise : https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/competitive-play/

World vs. World (WvW) is PvP combat that involves hundred of players. Three huge teams —each representing a server, or world—battle for control over objectives on four massive maps in week-long matches.

Each map – one for each server and a huge “neutral” center map – is loaded with objectives that are worth points for the team that claims them. Players can band together to lay siege to castles, raid enemy supply caravans, clash with other players in truly massive battles, wreak havoc behind enemy lines, or build mighty weapons of war like trebuchets and siege golems.

It’s obvious : the main focus are “control objectives”, “siege”, “build mighty weapons”, next to “massive battles”. Yet, a lot of people claiming they’re “true WvW players” dismiss siege weapons, don’t care so much about controlling objectives and say sieges of objectives are boring etc.

It’s perfectly fine to like or not like something ; it’s perfectly fine to like blobs and “truly massive battles”. Yet, if you think those battles are the only thing that matters ; if you’re not into “claiming objectives”, “building siege weapons”, or just consider it’s “no real WvW” or “PvE gimmicks”, then you should consider switching to another game mode.

Because if ANet devs want WvW to be tactical gameplay then they truly won’t appreciate the noisiest players to twist their arms into doing something they don’t want, or don’t feel like it should be. The eventual outcome of this will certainly be devs letting down WvW to rot.

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Daggos Skelito.2910

Daggos Skelito.2910

After HOT, some core players have no choice but to find the largest groups running or die alot! Massive power creep probably helps this so called blobbing out a bit.

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

After HOT, some core players have no choice but to find the largest groups running or die alot! Massive power creep probably helps this so called blobbing out a bit.

Not just that but when stability was changed the first time a lot of people quit because it led to ranged stand offs where if anyone pushed they got CC and nuked.

Then HoT came out with all the rediculously powerful stuff like coalescence of ruin with cruel repercussions, DH traps and longbow 5, excessive condition damage, more CC making group fights even more of a stand off.

Roaming didn’t fair much better either between constant block guards, constant evade thieves, constant block/shatter spam condi mesmer, high sustain from revs, rangers and scrappers it made for a low risk, high reward builds.

Put simply, we lost a lot of guild groups, small groups and roamers with stab change and HoT and ANet will have to convince them to come back and play.

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Complaining or not, it is still a valid issue for many, not sure why you can’t see that.

Sure, but not on these maps.

Want a better solution? Click the link in my sig and read through it.

Dude, you need to stop. Seriously. By now anyone who was interested in reading through your ridiculous and heavily biased “improvement” to WvW they would have done so. Stop trying to derail this thread and put other people down because they don’t agree with you.

Blob wars

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

That’s why I liked desert borderlands. You could split your force and make the blob chose what they wanted to defend. The map is big enough to allow for strategy. Alpine is so small it encourages blobing.

But most of the players dont want that, they wan to blob flip stuff easilly and QQ when theres defenders with siege.. well defending…. even when castles have a few spots that are easy to stress up defense alot and breach it.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Your assumption is absolutely incorrect. If there’s something “old” it’s this complaint. This type of complaint is what drove the dev’s to create that horrid Desert map. Which, without the slightest doubt, irreversibly damaged our WvW population. So no, there should be no make shift solution to this non-issue.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Body block! I soo much want body block!
Or change ppt to point per event and add kittentons of pvp events to the map to divide players

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

The reason for the blobs is lack of leaders. Lots of leaders means lots of varying groups and teamwork. New players need to be taught and that takes time and leaders to do it. Though with the mergers the leaders have been cut in half or the mentality changed.

This is probably a most important point that is not discussed that often. Leaders and leadership.

And it is very true that a lack of leaders causes larger blobs. Because in order to split up, you’ve got to have someone to lead the split groups.

I was never a proponent of the “great man” theory of leadership or history. But honestly, as funny as it is to think, playing WvW has had me think twice about it. Some commanders just seem to have “it”. And these people are few and far between.

I’m sure we’ve all seen it – certain commanders have large followings. If one of these commanders comes on the map people flock to them. And the whole server gets energized. And when they log out, bam, everyone disappears. Even if there’s another commander to take over.

One great alternative to the blob is the front line back line formation. But even though we were a top third server back in the day our server struggled to be able to find leaders who could effectively run it.

Perhaps its not that there are not enough people for the number of servers we have. But that there are not enough leaders for the number of servers we have.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

@Johje Holan

We previously had a WvW Ecosystem where would-be-commanders could test the waters in the Bottom Tiers before moving upward…as they gained confidence & prowess.

(edited by Diku.2546)

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Body block! I soo much want body block!
Or change ppt to point per event and add kittentons of pvp events to the map to divide players

As I have said many times before: player collision and friendly fire.

It will be glorious.

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Just in case you haven’t noticed, WvW is all pointless and kinda always the same tape everyday. There is no real progression, there is nothing you lose and there is nothing you win.

The reason for the blobs is lack of leaders. Lots of leaders means lots of varying groups and teamwork. New players need to be taught and that takes time and leaders to do it. Though with the mergers the leaders have been cut in half or the mentality changed.

This is probably a most important point that is not discussed that often. Leaders and leadership.

For real? Last time I had separate group of 10 people ninja-capturing their towers somewhere away from blob fights, the comms would start kittening and cursing at us for not joining. Not to mention, most players tend to join bigger (known commanders) tags. “OH LUK SO MUCH RED POTENTIAL LEWT BEGS”.
I don’t think lack of leadership is a problem.

(edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607)

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

double post soz

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

welcome to Eotm in 4 other maps.
thanks anet.

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Depraved Ambience.7942

Depraved Ambience.7942

welcome to Eotm in 4 other maps.
thanks anet.

New and Improved! Now with queues!!

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

I just wish anet would focus on something to discourage blobing and encourage smaller even number groups…
I am honestly so sick of 70v70 fights… i dont even feel like playing in prime because blobs are just not fun.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Blob wars

in WvW

Dhemize.8649

The only real way to discourage blobbing is to remove AoE limit caps but to keep buffs at their current target limit.

Blob wars

in WvW

OriOri.8724

The only real way to discourage blobbing is to remove AoE limit caps but to keep buffs at their current target limit.

IDK I feel like if there were extra points awarded for capturing a structure with fewer people it would discourage the 50+ person blobs and at least bring the number down to 10-20 for the most part. That and also scaling a tower’s/keep’s/SM’s lord’s guards based on how many people are there like every single event in PvE. Just because you have 50 people attacking the lord doesn’t mean you should be allowed to steamroll him. Upgrade his guards to champions, add more guards around him etc…

Blob wars

in WvW

Dhemize.8649

IDK I feel like if there were extra points awarded for capturing a structure with fewer people it would discourage the 50+ person blobs and at least bring the number down to 10-20 for the most part. That and also scaling a tower’s/keep’s/SM’s lord’s guards based on how many people are there like every single event in PvE. Just because you have 50 people attacking the lord doesn’t mean you should be allowed to steamroll him. Upgrade his guards to champions, add more guards around him etc…

I think it already scales lord fights. And the extra points with fewer people idea would only mean they blob it down and then half stay out waiting to blob the next objective.

The mentality behind being in a blob is that your lack of ability is compensated with numbers. Why put in effort when you can spam 1’s and faceroll for easier loot? Take away having the AoE cap and 50 player meat shield crutch and they’ll shrivel away, letting wvw become a better and more interesting place.

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I just wish anet would focus on something to discourage blobing and encourage smaller even number groups…
I am honestly so sick of 70v70 fights… i dont even feel like playing in prime because blobs are just not fun.

You know, you have the option to not join that fight? Go to another map? Roam? Guild raid with your ideal number?

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I think it already scales lord fights. And the extra points with fewer people idea would only mean they blob it down and then half stay out waiting to blob the next objective.

The mentality behind being in a blob is that your lack of ability is compensated with numbers. Why put in effort when you can spam 1’s and faceroll for easier loot? Take away having the AoE cap and 50 player meat shield crutch and they’ll shrivel away, letting wvw become a better and more interesting place.

A lot of people have been asking for it since the start of the game. Something about technical limitations.. However, I would like to at least see a cap increase to at the least 10, maybe even 20 is possible.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Blob wars

in WvW

OriOri.8724

If it does scale it doesn’t scale particularly well. And no, ANet said previously that when they were considering having points be based off of server activity they would put in safeguards to prevent the leading server from having a bunch of people leave right before the tick so the other servers don’t get as much score. Its the same principle here. If a blob was used for any part of taking a structure (building/defending siege, killing lord etc) then that server would gain the base amount of points. The only way to score additional points would be to actually capture the structure with a smaller group, not use a blob and then have people peace out before the lord is killed.

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

You know, you have the option to not join that fight? Go to another map? Roam? Guild raid with your ideal number?

People do that. The issue is if the other servers do not, or not enough opponents do it. What is the point in splitting into a five to ten man group if the only other forces to fight are thirty plus groups? You are not fighting players realistically in any scenario.

That said, there are these smaller groups around. The fights are significantly less and your downtime is ridiculously much higher than if you join the blob.

If you have limited time online, it is only logical to follow the large group if you want a more active experience.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

We do that… at least we try.
We run a 20-25 man guild group generally. We often run tagless so we dont have pugs too.

EBG is not an option for us because anything we run into is a map-queue blob..
We go into an enemy bl run there, try to lure a guild group to come out and defend a keep but all we get is the just the same EBG map-queue popping out to defend it.

I feel like guild raids are pretty much dead… Yes, we do run into smaller guild groups about our size from time to time and those fights are the best……. but for the most part anything else we face nowadays is commander + 10-15 guildies + 50 pugs…

What I would like to see is something to encourage more people to run in smaller groups like we do… as of right now blobing up has no downsides

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

We do that… at least we try.
We run a 20-25 man guild group generally. We often run tagless so we dont have pugs too.

EBG is not an option for us because anything we run into is a map-queue blob..
We go into an enemy bl run there, try to lure a guild group to come out and defend a keep but all we get is the just the same EBG map-queue popping out to defend it.

I feel like guild raids are pretty much dead… Yes, we do run into smaller guild groups about our size from time to time and those fights are the best……. but for the most part anything else we face nowadays is commander + 10-15 guildies + 50 pugs…

What I would like to see is something to encourage more people to run in smaller groups like we do… as of right now blobing up has no downsides

It’s not that I don’t sympathise – I do. It’s just that I don’t see how that’s symptomatic of the game’s mechanics. Rather, I think it’s simply that the people who can lead zergs and fight guilds are dwindling in number, so you get a couple leaders in a server that can lead blobs and that’s about it. There’s nothing ANet can do to split numbers up when all that will do is make the game feel dead, since people would rather log off if there’s no one to follow around, rather than tag up and lead themselves.,

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Blob wars

in WvW

Posted by: Supernatural Dawn.3194

Supernatural Dawn.3194

Maybe they need a tag option that is only visible to those in squad. So people don’t have to run tagless.