Blocking and World vs World

in WvW

Posted by: AggieTechGuy.4901

AggieTechGuy.4901

Hello,

For many months now, IoJ has suspected there is a spy that is live-streaming everything that happens within WvW. I won’t debate whether or not this is the case here, but there seems to be a semi-easy solution to this.

1. If I were to block someone, that person should not be able to see what I am saying in chat. The purpose of me blocking someone, in my mind, is to cut off complete communication with them.

2. If I were to block someone, I also don’t want them to see my commander’s tag on the map.

3. If I were to block someone, I would also not want them to be able to join my squad.

I understand that anyone can pay with gold or gems to transfer servers, and pity those that do. However, we should be able to block those who we suspect spy on our server. World vs World is very competitive, and enemies spying on our strategy is frustrating and fosters anger within GW2 WvW.

Please consider making these changes, or something similar that could solve the problem. Spying is an issue that should not be overlooked anymore.

- – EDIT – -

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t something like this be relatively easy to implement? Perhaps force an invisible status for the relationship between player A and player B, then tweak the commander icon so that invisible commanders can’t be seen or communicated with?

Commander Logain Redwood – Isle of Janthir
Guildmaster of [CORE] Company of the Red Elite

(edited by AggieTechGuy.4901)

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Was expecting a QQ of somekind. But I agree on your points with the blacklisting. Also if I have someone blocked, why am I allowed to still send them whispers?…

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

AggieTechGuy.4901

Was expecting a QQ of somekind. But I agree on your points with the blacklisting. Also if I have someone blocked, why am I allowed to still send them whispers?…

Hehe, trying to not purposely whine on the forums :-)

But yeah, the blocked / invisibility communication seems to have some odd quirks to it. Apparently I can communicate with someone in guild chat if they are blocked to.

It might be easiest to just make person A have the behavior of being invisible to person B if A is blocked. I don’t know. But this does seem like something that could be fixed relatively easily.

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Those are good suggestions if you want to think blocking as anti-spy tool.

You could add not showing green dot on map, inability to see/use siege you have placed, upgrading or taking supplies from your claimed keep and even not displaying your character model, but these could be abused.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

AggieTechGuy.4901

You could add not showing green dot on map, inability to see/use siege you have placed, upgrading or taking supplies from your claimed keep and even not displaying your character model, but these could be abused.

I smell a spy / troll >.> . Yes, obviously those are waaaaaaay overboard. The things I listed previously; I don’t really see how they could be abused much. Its just adding a bit of functionality to the feature that we already have to combat spying.

If you want to block someone, you don’t want to just block “part” of someone. You want to block the entire package.

How could the features I listed be abused in PvE? I don’t see how this wouldn’t blend well in PvE or sPvP.

in WvW

Posted by: Studman.7381

Studman.7381

I agree that something needs to be done and the proposed “fixes” do not seem like it would be difficult to implement them into the block system that is already in place. It would definitely help to combat spying, which is something that needs to happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Tommy.4962

Tommy.4962

But how would you know that that person is actually a spy? There will always be spies. Real spies won’t do or say much so how would you be able to spot them? I agree that it is unfair but it is what it is.

in WvW

AggieTechGuy.4901

But how would you know that that person is actually a spy? There will always be spies. Real spies won’t do or say much so how would you be able to spot them? I agree that it is unfair but it is what it is.

That’s the beauty of it. I’m not saying someone should be labelled “spy”. What I am saying is that each individual should be able to block someone, with the aforementioned features.

The argument isn’t whether or not X is a spy, the argument is what happens when you block someone.

And I’m 99% sure there is a guy live-streaming our WvW. No, I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t feel comfortable letting that person see everything that I do. I just believe I personally should be able to block anyone who I think even might be a spy. As a prominent commander in my world, it would put my mind slightly more at ease when speaking in Team or Map chat as well as even being tagged up.

in WvW

Posted by: Kattami.2084

Kattami.2084

This really is something that should be enabled. Spies in WvW can easily ruin a servers plans, and this just gives both commanders and players some security they can rely on, instead of having to be as secretive as possible in their own TEAM chat.

Seeki of [CORE]
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Visirale.6097

Visirale.6097

I agree that this is a big problem. It undermines the integrity of WvW. It’s something that should be an easy enough fix, and if left unchecked could damper the really novel and fun experience that is WvW. This guy literally sits in the spawn of whichever map has the most action going on. Even if we don’t use map or team chat, he can see the commander tag and where we are. Sometimes it’s just a little too strange how fast another server responds to our position, especially when he DOES go out of his way to occasionally mock us in team chat after a wipe.

Let WvW be about commanders and their tactics, not a spy meta-game.

in WvW

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

from the first paragraph i was about ready to tell you no one cares but your ideas actually good

+1

dont know why that not in the game already

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

That’s the beauty of it. I’m not saying someone should be labelled “spy”. What I am saying is that each individual should be able to block someone, with the aforementioned features.

The argument isn’t whether or not X is a spy, the argument is what happens when you block someone.

And I’m 99% sure there is a guy live-streaming our WvW. No, I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t feel comfortable letting that person see everything that I do. I just believe I personally should be able to block anyone who I think even might be a spy. As a prominent commander in my world, it would put my mind slightly more at ease when speaking in Team or Map chat as well as even being tagged up.

You are taking this game way too seriously… I’d feel flattered if someone would broadcast my WvW, and even more so if someone’d bother to watch it xD

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in WvW

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

[/quote]

i dont think you realize there is probably lots of people streaming wvw whether or not they are spy

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

(edited by Envy.1679)

in WvW

AggieTechGuy.4901

—BEGIN RANT—

I would be flattered too, if this guy wasn’t doing what he’s doing. He sits there almost 24/7 wherever there is the most action. He has something like 40 achievement points (just so you know this is all he does). He didn’t talk to anyone for months. Now occasionally he will make fun of our server for wiping against a zerg 2-3 times our numbers. The dude creeps me out and I don’t like him: I don’t want him to have the ability to know where I am or what I’m doing on this game.

Oh, and just to demonstrate how annoying this is. I’ve blocked this person, and while I was commanding, they joined my squad. Guess what? They can talk in my squad – to me personally. So now every time I make a squad, I have to drop and recreate squads to keep this guy out.

—END RANT—

This is getting off-topic. Yes, this guy who I think is spying and feeding info to other servers is what inspired me to write this thread. Regardless though, these are features that should be there anyway. I honestly can’t think of a downside to implementing these.

So ANet, please consider the suggestions above. Our world and myself getting mind-kitten d by this guy. How would you like it if some psycho was staring through your window 18 hours out of the day, and then commenting on how bad you are doing?

I know you guys are busy, and applaud you for working your best on this game (great game btw). But I would really appreciate an ANet response to this if possible :-\ .

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

If you suspect you’re being spied on use their spy against them. Have your commander tag but have everyone follow a second in command in you guild. They can use the poor man’s tag (everyone calls target on him) and they can attack an objective while you use your tag to lead the spy into thinking you’re attacking something else. If the spy is a pug in your group, then you drop tag, suddenly waypoint and move everyone off to a different location using the target tag.

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

YES! This needs to be implemented, I’m from the same server and this person has openly admitted he IS a spy. Every time he is on the other server magically knows every move I’m doing, waiting with siege and all their zerg at the spot I’m about to move. It’s very frustrating, and those suggestions mentioned above will fix this issue with no problem.

Believe me, we have tried everything so the spy gets confused or doesn’t know what we are up to. But it just doesn’t work, even more with a low tier server filled up with pugs, they already have trouble following tag imagine how they would do seeing 2 tags up and someone giving false orders on team/map chat. lol

So yes, if we could have these blocking features we could easily combat the spying problem or any other person botheringyou in any way.

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

AggieTechGuy.4901

If you suspect you’re being spied on use their spy against them. Have your commander tag but have everyone follow a second in command in you guild. They can use the poor man’s tag (everyone calls target on him) and they can attack an objective while you use your tag to lead the spy into thinking you’re attacking something else. If the spy is a pug in your group, then you drop tag, suddenly waypoint and move everyone off to a different location using the target tag.

Which is something we’ve done… But still, off-topic.

This is more about the features of blocking rather than how to effectively spy or misinform enemies that was inspired because of known spies in our world. Nobody will know all the spies we have, but being able to block the ones that are blatantly at it seems like it should have been included with the entire block function.

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Looking at this in a broakitten erspective, this should be implemented to combat against internet bullying and stalking as well. Just makes good sense.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Boreas The North.1892

Boreas The North.1892

After reading the replies I think that people might be misunderstanding what the problem is. The individual in question is most likely using another world’s TS or Vent to communicate back the positions of our commanders. Livestreaming wouldn’t be an issue at all because he just sits at our spawn and works on the world record for most consecutive healing skills used in a row. The issue is that with the introduction of “out of game” communication systems to the gaming world, it opens up a giant weakness in the fairness of player vs player matches. The blocking system in GW2 is lacking in the sense that people can still interact with you in certain ways, it would be nice to see these changes implemented across the whole game, not just w3.

in WvW

Posted by: angryredcrayon.1725

angryredcrayon.1725

I agree with Agie the whole issue can be resolved with a simple fix

in WvW

AggieTechGuy.4901

Thanks BlazeQ. It pretty much is stalking, haha. It seems wherever I go this guy is harassing me and my friends.

And Boreas makes a good point, this guy may not be live-streaming. He could be on another audio-chat server, on the phone with someone, or he could even just be trolling the hell out of us. When it comes down to it, it doesn’t matter.

Don’t get too caught up on this one guy, how, where, when, or even why he is doing what he is. Completely apart from this guy, I think most people agree that they should be able to completely block someone off.

in WvW

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

I totally agree, this needs to be added. Both for WvW and privacy.

This feature should already be in game, but I’m surprised it’s not. As far as spying is concerned, I think it’s ridiculous, why do people even need to spy? I would like this feature in ASAP, or for spying to be made a banable offence

noice

in WvW

Posted by: Seraphboi.6489

Seraphboi.6489

Bump, I agree with whatever he said

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

agree with OP
/15char

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: GavinGoodrich.1382

GavinGoodrich.1382

+1 to OP

15 asura

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: batusai.2043

batusai.2043

would like a block that actually blocks ppl i dont wanna talk to in game, or keep track of me in anyway possible, not sure why we didnt have that already..

yeap would be a nice added feature, me likes and me wants..

in WvW

Posted by: Senieth.9764

Senieth.9764

Come on Anet, how has this not been addressed yet. With WvW being as competitive as it is, the fact that some servers are immediately put at a disadvantage is ridiculous. Aside from WvW, what’s the point in having a blocking system, when it does basically nothing?!

(edited by Senieth.9764)

in WvW

Seraphboi.6489

2nd bump before I go to sleep

in WvW

Posted by: crunkpirate.6254

crunkpirate.6254

I agree, spying ruins WvW. Add some features in game, as well as the EULA so we can ban these cheaters.

in WvW

Posted by: Primefactor.7621

Primefactor.7621

Mind as well put in my 2 cents in

I always speak from my heart so here’s how I feel, yeah It’s very disturbing and upsetting to do well leading my server to glory as a commander until the moment that “one guy” comes on and all chaos breaks loose…I shall give thee a story.

“The enemies whom we’ve conquered time and time again seems to fight quite ferociously when “that one random guy” pops up . The enemy magically gain the foresight of a god predicting our movements, what siege we have, which towers/keeps have supply and which ones don’t, etc. The enemy decides to go on the offensive at that moment ravaging our home borderland, taking our keeps, knowing what move we will make next, oh the HORROR! Rumors of spies start to float around and mistrust begins to grow, alliances are broken, friendships are torn apart, the unity which our server might or might have had is ruined because of “that one random annoying guy who I think, maybe we all think is a spy or sumpten!” dun dun duuuun -Dramatization finished

But yeah, on a serious note I agree with Aggie, if all three of his suggestions could be implemented into the block system it would put the minds of every WvW player at EASE. Will this change destroy GuildWars2? I don’t see how =/. Will things change in game? Maybe the enemy uses scouts beforehand, maybe they have more war experience than our server… maybe it’s all crazy coincidence!!! BUT at least I will be able to sleep at night knowing that both my server and my enemies in this three-way war fought an honest fight… and also that creepy guy I blocked didn’t do anything to sabotage it.

WvW is a place of competition, a place of pride and glory, and I feel that cross-server spies dishonor this ideal…If I feel if someone is a spy or if I just find them to be a stalker or just… creepy I should have the right to block them..fully =)

Commander Cadimus Alteria-IoJ
Guild Leader:Reign of Cadimus [RoC]
Time to lead my merry band to victory, with peanut butter in hand!

in WvW

AggieTechGuy.4901

Mind as well put in my 2 cents in
But yeah, on a serious note I agree with Aggie, if all three of his suggestions could be implemented into the block system it would put the minds of every WvW player at EASE. Will this change destroy GuildWars2? I don’t see how =/. Will things change in game? Maybe the enemy uses scouts beforehand, maybe they have more war experience than our server… maybe it’s all crazy coincidence!!! BUT at least I will be able to sleep at night knowing that both my server and my enemies in this three-way war fought an honest fight… and also that creepy guy I blocked didn’t do anything to sabotage it.

^This

With these features in place, it will at the very least put more people’s minds to rest about spying. It would help foster a friendly environment, which as far as I can tell, is what GW2 has been pushing since day 1.

Please don’t disregard this ANet :\ . I think a large amount of GW2 players would like to see this implemented. You would definitely get my +1 if you could add this

in WvW

Posted by: Sassenach.1590

Sassenach.1590

I agree with Aggie and Primefactor. We NEED a block system that Aggie has proposed. This week has been horrible. Our commanders cannot write ANYTHING in map, team or squad chat or it gets reported to our enemy. The guy who we know is a spy…(that’s right i said we know he is, he has said he is a spy many times) he mocks us in team, map and squad chat. How is this fair? How do you fight against something like that. All he has to do is look at the commander tag moving on the map and know exactly where our zerg is. Please, please, please fix this anet. We have people and commanders that are just getting frustrated and not wanting to go to wvw anymore. PLEASE fix this.

in WvW

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Someone has got to be really very sad to spend months spying on another servers WvW…..

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Sassenach.1590

Yeah this guy sits there all day and all night spamming his healing skill and one other skill…..he usually never moves or if he does it to hide somewhere close to the spawn. Although today he made sure to be in our garrison when the enemy was attacking our garrison watergate with 10 alpha golems and 1 omega. He just stood there and told them where we placed seige and what we would say in team chat(which was next to nothing by this time). OH and here’s the best part… when they broke through outer gate he said in team chat and i quote, " think I’m gonna wp to the citadel this isn’t gonna be here much longer haha". >:( He verbally abuses our commanders and players and mocks us. OH and btw we didn’t lose our garrison or the 5 other times they attacked our garrison in the next 2 hours. Hell of a day in wvw today.

in WvW

AggieTechGuy.4901

A little off topic again but . . .

@Jayne

The person has been spamming heals at spawn waypoints for literally MONTHS . He has admitted to being a spy. He taunts us in Team Chat when we wipe. He feeds information to any other world we are fighting, not just a specific one. He trolls us. He joins my squad to personally say stuff to me, which I can’t get rid of if I want a squad going.

This isn’t a new person, he’s been on here for, once again, MONTHS, doing the exact same thing. If he is ever online, he is in the WvW map where the most action is. When he is there, enemy zergs appear places before we even get there. When nobody runs out of spawn and we do a breakout event, there are enemy zergs already camped inside.

I understand there are ways to get around spying and to work with it. But I think the features I mentioned on the original post would go a long way towards making this problem much easier to deal with. I’m not asking for perma-bans, not asking to do anything drastic. I’m just asking for the people that I block / ignore, to not be able to stalk me after I’ve done so. Is that unreasonable?

in WvW

AggieTechGuy.4901

Anyway, I don’t want this thread to be hijacked about a specific spy. Please try to stay on-topic. The topic are the features I listed above:

1. If I were to block someone, that person should not be able to see what I am saying in chat. The purpose of me blocking someone, in my mind, is to cut off complete communication with them.

2. If I were to block someone, I also don’t want them to see my commander’s tag on the map.

3. If I were to block someone, I would also not want them to be able to join my squad.

- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -

If you agree or disagree with these features, share your thoughts. If you just want to talk about spying being right, wrong, unavoidable, etc., please talk about that elsewhere. Like I said before, this thread is inspired because of a spy, not about a spy. We have identified a problem, and have come up with a viable, if not perfect, solution that I believe would be relatively easy to implement.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

In fact I’ll just delete it all. My point was that you don’t need stuff like this, it’s far more useful to use other methods.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: Deltaray.2763

Deltaray.2763

Don’t blame spies because you cant cap towers or keeps anymore. If you’re really a good commander, this won’t stop you from doing your job well.

In fact, having spies just means we’re more of a threat to the other servers and should even consider having them a challenge to commanders.

Mekanixx ~ Engineer
[GOOD] – FA

in WvW

AggieTechGuy.4901

We are still winning even with spies. I just think that in principle, the people I block should not be able to see my tag or hear what I’m saying. They should pretty much not be able to communicate with me at all.

This isn’t just about spies, its about everything, just inspired because of a spy. Really, does this sound too unreasonable? I’m not using spies as an excuse for losing, we are winning. I’m not saying we should go on a witch hunt. I just want to be able to keep people I block from being able to communicate with me.

Just forget about spies altogether for a moment. Imagine you had someone on your server that kept whispering you and trolling you. You block them. They then follow you around and start commenting on everything you are saying.

My gut tells me that they should not be able to see your chat, see your commander tag, or join your squad. It doesn’t matter where, when, or even why – you should have the right to block off people. Its as simple as that.

in WvW

Posted by: Deltaray.2763

Deltaray.2763

Yes, it is unreasonable. Thats because what you’re saying is also flawed.

You may hate the person you just blocked for personal reasons other than spying, but it doesn’t mean he can’t help around in WvW. Just imagine if he got blocked by all commanders, who is he gonna follow? Just because you blocked someone that trolled you in LA, does not mean he can’t help out in WvW.

Commander tags are made so that people have someone to follow and help out in WvW and PvE. Depriving them of that because you have personal grudges with them is unreasonable,

Mekanixx ~ Engineer
[GOOD] – FA

in WvW

Primefactor.7621

You may hate the person you just blocked for personal reasons other than spying, but it doesn’t mean he can’t help around in WvW. Just imagine if he got blocked by all commanders, who is he gonna follow? Just because you blocked someone that trolled you in LA, does not mean he can’t help out in WvW.

Commander tags are made so that people have someone to follow and help out in WvW and PvE. Depriving them of that because you have personal grudges with them is unreasonable,

He can follow the zerg, or fortify a keep, ask someone for help in order to have that commander unblock him. Spies effect the server as a whole… would you rather have one guy be miserable or the entire server =/. and what commander would want to block the entire server in WvW let’s be honest, a commander needs people to command after all lol. This guy is spamming insults to every person in this server so he obviously asking for it xD. Many honestly believe this system is something that can’t be abused and might lead to some actual honest and decent WvW. nothing flawed about Aggie’s suggestion

back to the topic -Like in every other MMO if you want to be unblocked, ask someone for a hand, tell that person “Hey can you message this person that i would like to talk with them” or in this case “the commander blocked me so I can’t see what he’s saying, or his tag, can you help me out?” This change is not that big of a deal when it comes to that individual and yourself however it is a problem if that individual is effecting those around you as well as yourself. Pretty sure this block mechanic won’t have a negative effect on people since it’s… well…. the BLOCK function.

(edited by Primefactor.7621)

in WvW

Primefactor.7621

Don’t blame spies because you cant cap towers or keeps anymore. If you’re really a good commander, this won’t stop you from doing your job well.

In fact, having spies just means we’re more of a threat to the other servers and should even consider having them a challenge to commanders.

Don’t wanna go off-topic but yeah I have to agree with you a bit there, at least when it comes down to EB, I locked down that corner like Alcatraz prison lol. The thing is spies are not something that were implemented as part of this game, or 3rd party communications…but it exists and people use them.

but back to topic… spies or not, if I block someone there should be NO type of communication between me and that person unless… it’s from a 3rd party (another player) . so in all I think a new adjustment to player blocking is in order and Aggie’s suggestions are reasonable. BLOCKING a player is what the function is for, to cut off all communications with that player, for Aggie, it’s not working, he’s still being harassed in squad chat. suggestions on how the block system should be changed is what we need to explore, and he’s got some solid points there.

in WvW

AggieTechGuy.4901

First off, if a person got blocked by every commander in WvW, that person seriously has a problem. Secondly, you don’t need a commander to WvW; the way it is now just follow everyone else and do what they do.

You are also missing another big point. By blocking someone I am not “depriving” them of anything. I’m not saying I’m the best commander out there by any means, but I do have skills that I use for my own and others enjoyment. Don’t imply that I owe my server something because I have more knowledge of a game, and got 100 gold.

Your argument is flawed; just because I have the means to do something does not mean I have to share it. And it especially means that I do not have to share it with those that are rude to me in or out of WvW.

Now, to return to the original topic, those you have blocked should not be able to hear your communication, nor should they be able to have a map with your icon on it. While it does play its part in WvW, that is not the whole of it.

Everyone, not just commanders, should be able to do this. No matter what the reason, you should have the ability to cut off all communication with that person, not just half of it.

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

I smell a spy / troll >.> . Yes, obviously those are waaaaaaay overboard. The things I listed previously; I don’t really see how they could be abused much. Its just adding a bit of functionality to the feature that we already have to combat spying.

If you want to block someone, you don’t want to just block “part” of someone. You want to block the entire package.

How could the features I listed be abused in PvE? I don’t see how this wouldn’t blend well in PvE or sPvP.

I was trying to emhasize that the changes you proposed are reasonable. They won’t prevent spies hindering your server but at least it they are better than the current blocking.

As for PvE and sPvP… I don’t really care for those game modes. It is a shame you must farm gold in PvE to be able buy the commander book. Are squads even used outside WvW? To make more coordinated attacks againsts NPCs who do not fight back?

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

AggieTechGuy.4901

I was trying to emhasize that the changes you proposed are reasonable. They won’t prevent spies hindering your server but at least it they are better than the current blocking.

As for PvE and sPvP… I don’t really care for those game modes. It is a shame you must farm gold in PvE to be able buy the commander book. Are squads even used outside WvW? To make more coordinated attacks againsts NPCs who do not fight back?

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I think they will at least make it a bit harder for spies at the very least. And I pop my commanders tag sometimes while doing meta events and such.

in WvW

Posted by: Boreas The North.1892

Boreas The North.1892

This kind of change will not entirely eliminate the use of spies. Short of a “kick from server” button, you’ll never be rid of someone who REEEEEEEEALLY wants to spy on you. It is perfectly possible that someone could follow the zerg around and communicate their movements back to whomever they report to. If someone is going to go to that kind of effort, well, hard to do anything about it. Guess the most you can do is make them work for it.

As for blocking individuals, a lot of people play this game, and there are going to be more than a few cases where two people never having any kind of contact with each other would be a boon to the community.

Making it harder to exploit certain programs and never having to deal with a bothersome individual again, these adjustments should be implemented ASAP.

in WvW

Seraphboi.6489

I keep coming back to this topic because it’s so reasonable and well spoken

in WvW

Sassenach.1590

I would very much like these ideas to be implemented. Take wvw out of the picture. If you have a major disagreement with someone and do not want to have anything to do with the person you block them…especially if they are harassing you. But just because you block them doesn’t mean they still cant hear you in map chat, they still mock/harass you that way. They can still see where you are if you have a tag on. I use my tag in pve just as much as wvw. it’s very useful for doing bounties, showing ppl where plinx is, where a jp location is, there are many uses for the commander tag. The major downside is everyone knows where you are….even if you don’t want them to. The ideas that Aggie proposed would eliminate that.

in WvW

Posted by: Studman.7381

Studman.7381

Bumping for content.

in WvW

AggieTechGuy.4901

Here is exactly another reason the original features need to be implemented.

Was talking about this very same thread in LA last night. One person in particular decides to start trolling me / generally being a kitten about it (personal attacks, etc.). So I block him.

Tonight, after struggling for hours to recapture our things within our borderlands, the person that I blocked shows up. He is a guild master of a small guild with a lot of unknown commanders in it. Exactly when we need to be the most organized, this guy and all of his guildies pop their commander tags.

So we went from 1 commander in 1 area to 10+ commanders all from his guild. They decide to throw down flame ram and catapult build sites EVERYWHERE. Our WvWers, confused enough as it is, start building all of the random stuff down in the general vicinity. So just about nothing got built, and us as a server got mind-kittened for 10 minutes.

If these block features were implemented, he would have a much harder time finding out where I am. If people blocked them because they are known trolls, they wouldn’t have to see 10 commander tags pop up. I even had their guild members join my squad and start calling out confusing orders just to troll everyone.

So please, please, please ANet, implement the features I originally posted. It just isn’t fair that those I block can still communicate me and see my icon on a map. Just a response would be nice

And by the way, the person arguing against these features while also being rude about it, Deltaray.2763 is one of this guy’s guildmates. They don’t care about these features or anything, they are just being kittens and trolling on this thread.