Bloodlust [merged]

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

That was their theory:

" The ruins are set up to encourage a small dedicated group of players to be able to defend their holdings and prevent other worlds from gaining the bonus."

That is what is reality:

Getting rolled by 50+ in the ruins and ofc they already have the +150 Buff.

Result: Mission failed.

This. It is amazing how this got into the game. Just another example among the MANY we have that Anet does not care what the players want and that they have no idea what they are doing when it comes to Balance and WvW.

Anet did a pretty darn good job in GW1 with balance, so it baffles me beyond belief what they’ve been doing to this game. Then again, their overall attitude towards players has always been the same old “we don’t care and we’re going to do what we want regardless”.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

The original tier system was the best. This random matchup thing should have been reverted after having tried it out and it resulted to WVW becoming less competitive and players leaving the game.

It’s good to try new things, and stick with it if it works, and throw it out if it doesn’t.

The same principle should apply with this bloodlust thing. Give it a few days, a week or so. If it’s really really game breaking that players no longer wish to transfer but leave the game, then the devs need to fix this, and do something about it. Because we players pay for this game, and we can easily choose to leave it if it no longer serves it’s purpose.

So, don’t jump the gun guys. Give it a few days, weeks, and see what happens.

I myself am looking forward to destiny, two souls, and other games out there.

Science teaches us to test stuff, experiment and gather data. There are no authorities in science because they can always be challenged by the scientific method. Which is the rational way of doing things. Meaning, no jumping to conclusions.

We can make our hypothesis, which is – blood lust sucks. Our null, which is – blood lust doesn’t affect wvw. And then get some footage where one party has bloodlust and another one has none, and see if it’s really game breaking. We repeat this again and again, and see more videos showing if it’s a good or bad idea.

So, the devs will see what’s happening rather than our words in the forum. Do it smart.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

looking at these maps" http://mos.millenium.org/na

I don’t see what you guys are QQ about, looks like the smaller servers have the “buff” currently.

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

I never said we were losing because of the orb buff. We were losing before, and now we’re losing to people who have more stats than us for no reason other than they have more people spread out on each map to take the buffs.

THIS^^^
This simply rewards servers with more numbers an advantage based on numbers instead of skill. If you can’t see that then you’re blind and lack insight.

Dragonbrand since day 1

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: shauncoates.6874

shauncoates.6874

This is an excellent update to WvW. Had lots of fun running through the ruins earlier.

Also, the people claiming that this gives an unfair advantage to servers with more WvW players, should look at their server’s income (points) evolution over on:

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups

I do not see any drastic changes to my server’s ability to earn points since this update released. Given that I am playing on Eredon Terrace and how we have been dominated by Isle of Janthir, any flaw in the new feature would be very apparent in our matchup. Fact is, we are doing just as good as we were before the update.

ArenaNet has already made it abundantly clear that they primarily look at data when making decisions. Despite what many of you are claiming, I do not think that the data is going to back you up.

Adjust your strategies and march on. Unless you are Isle of Janthir, in which case, take the rest of the week off!

Arkeey ~ Engineer

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Orb Buff’s

Tower/Keep Buff’s

Gaurd Stacks

LOL – Warriors sitting w/ 40k+ Hps…

You’re Clueless Anet.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Devon, is that you?

I wouldnt be shocked, they need some positive publicity. They aint get that much of it so could make fake accounts to make it seem enough people love it so they arent forced to admit they were clueless in the design, had no idea what they were doing and have to fix it.

You make me giggle. Been a long time member of these forums. Been playing since the open beta’s. And on top of that: I’m not even American.

But thank you for showing the world how paranoid you are when someone doesn’t agree with your point of view.

Maybe there’s some truth in what he says. So what does “being American” have to do with anything? Want some conspiracy theory stuff? Well explain to me why a perma banned account of my son’s is still in my guild and logs on and off several times. What’s the point of keeping a perma banned account on the system? Maybe Anet employees/devs use them for themselves or give them to friends. You’d be surprised at some of the “behind the scenes” activity.

Dragonbrand since day 1

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Yippikayay.4073

Yippikayay.4073

And that “bug” isn’t a bug at all. Its just the server kittenrainbowing itself over recalculating the stats over every single player that owns said buff when it reaplies, creating a “3 way server fight on SM” kind of lag for that time. Strikes me as odd why they couldn’t see this coming with the lag issues, they surely tested it….ohwait, they tested it with about 7 people that have no actual idea how wvw work…at all. Devon, or whoever’s pulling your strings, I’ll say my two cents on this and I’m POSITIVE I’m not in the “minority”… You’ve got, say, a month or so to announce AND launch a gvg arena and/or rework the bloodlust buff to only be applied when you own ALL 5 POINTS for say….10 minutes, would work for the server lag since it would rarely happen (and you have no solution for this since the servers are, well, crappy), you’d still keep your ciclejerk spvp in wvw, people would still try and fight in there (gj on the zone creation itself).
I will be kitten ED if I’ll buy spvp being forced upon me like this, I will quit the game and advertise about it as negatively as I can before that happens, and along with me the vast majority of the hardcore players that you actually want to play spvp instead of casualvworld.
Call it a rant, call it minority, call it whatever you want. Swallow your pride and listen to the players who actually give a ******* over this game. Sort it out, or your game dies a awful death.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Zerging is exactly the wrong way to be capping ruins, and I would be less concerned about how stupid you think bloodlust is and rather how stupid the opposing server is for attempting to do this.

Only complaint from me: the “buff changing” effect on bloodlust is quite annoying/distracting. Maybe just make it switch between 4 different colors (for 0, 50, 100 and 150) without any of the usual buff transition effects.

I am looking forward to see how this mechanic matures and what balance changes come – I saw a lot more people from AG roaming around; giving the enemy a good spanking because they were stupidly attempting to zerg the ruins. Good job ANet, this is progress (sadly you have ruined the game for GvG’ers).

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

(edited by zamalek.2154)

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

you may think zerging is the wrong way to do it, but if a server has the numbers they will brute force it all the way. Just because some pencil —-- desk jockey that doesn’t play the game didn’t plan on it being done that way doesn’t mean it won’t be done that way.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

The new locations and their capture mechanism are a good idea.
The problem is the wrong reward.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Silver.9084

Silver.9084

Zerging is exactly the wrong way to be capping ruins, and I would be less concerned about how stupid you think bloodlust is and rather how stupid the opposing server is for attempting to do this.

Only complaint from me: the “buff changing” effect on bloodlust is quite annoying/distracting. Maybe just make it switch between 4 different colors (for 0, 50, 100 and 150) without any of the usual buff transition effects.

I am looking forward to see how this mechanic matures and what balance changes come – I saw a lot more people from AG roaming around; giving the enemy a good spanking because they were stupidly attempting to zerg the ruins. Good job ANet, this is progress (sadly you have ruined the game for GvG’ers).

Nightcap servers just cap everything and upgrade it to waypoint. Then just run around with zerg capping all ruins, and waypoint when needed. GG

Also, almost nobody cares about PPT, so they just zerg in ruins to find fights.

Tux – [VoTF] Vengeance of The Fallen

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

Balance play by -removing- these insanely OP buffs to stats, including guard stacks in my opinion.

One of the very last attractive thing about the lower tiers is the roaming scene. Now all of the roaming servers will be handicapped versus the zerg servers and unable to compete in small scale battles or large scale battles due to these player buffs.

After one day of playing against CD with their three orb buffs, the very competent roamers of CD became pretty obviously overpowered compared to the NSP roamers with 0 orb bonuses.

Attachments:

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

Its useless if the zerging server has the population advantage over your server.

Minion

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

That means NOTHING if the zerg server has the numbers they can EASILY have several zergs eaisly taking towers and others just running around the 5 points. I saw a 15-20 team JUST running around the 5 points while several other zergs just mowed the rest of the towers with ease.

This sort of update yet again promotes moving server. The big population in WvW servers can EASILY hold all 3 of the buffs and hole pretty much everything else so this is yet ANOTHER boost to them while punishing the lower populated servers who get the PATHETIC Out numbered “buff” i dare call it that because it simply isnt one – it has NO effect on a fight, NO benefit either WooHoo Magic find a stat that is beyond broken and beyond useless it should NEVER have gotten into the game to start with. More XP? yeah nice that will help you are getting zerged to death….

Anet has NO idea what it is doing when it comes to WvW, they have shown they do not care what the players want, do not care what would benefit the game nor do they understand the meaning of Balance and until that is fixed this game will continue to go down hill until Anet put the final nail in the coffin…

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

Anet did a pretty darn good job in GW1 with balance, so it baffles me beyond belief what they’ve been doing to this game.

Between the release of GW1 and GW2, some big names from Anet left the company.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Kimhyuna.1035

#freehabib2013
#sayno2orbageddon

This combined with the seasons will cause an endless amount of tears to fall. I wonder if Anet realise how much the wvw population is deteriorating and how some major cornerstone guilds for servers are still playing only because there is no comparable mode in modern day games.

But no, please be excited for more e-Sports.

Minion

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

#freehabib2013
#sayno2orbageddon

This combined with the seasons will cause an endless amount of tears to fall. I wonder if Anet realise how much the wvw population is deteriorating and how some major cornerstone guilds for servers are still playing only because there is no comparable mode in modern day games.

Lets see what happens when TES:O comes out with its own WvW mode and see what happens to GW2 then, i would rather pay monthly for a GOOD WvW mode then the mess we currently have, If Anet doesnt fix this soon it will be to late and GW2 will die and they only have themselves to blame EVERYTHING bad that has happened has been because Anet…

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

Ground hog day. Really frustrating to have devs that flat out dont get pvp.

btw: ESO will blow, only hope is Camelot Unchained, but we shall see.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Kimhyuna.1035

#freehabib2013
#sayno2orbageddon

Lets see what happens when TES:O comes out with its own WvW mode and see what happens to GW2 then, i would rather pay monthly for a GOOD WvW mode then the mess we currently have, If Anet doesnt fix this soon it will be to late and GW2 will die and they only have themselves to blame EVERYTHING bad that has happened has been because Anet…

GW2 wont die, because PvE is carrying it quite effectively and I dont think many can deny how dynamic updates have been for PvE with the 2 week patch cycle etc.

But WvW WILL BE AS DEAD AS SPVP IS NOW. Thats what anet dont understand. Many people sPvP for their dailies only, for them achieve points. Seasons will enforce this idea to lower tier servers without the population or coverage. Those unfortunates will come in to do their dailies and then its off to PvE.

Server stacking while leaving many others thin is the first part. The second part is a mass exodus when something new and shiny comes along.

Minion

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

some servers can fight back even with the bloodlust buff. how’s it going over yours?

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Changing the stacking stat buffs was already requested for removal, but you know Anet knows best.
+150 power/vitality/crit/healing power/etc cannot possibly be unbalancing if everybody on your server has it.
All you need is the most coverage, and you can faceroll the other servers.
Perhaps Anet might consider having a public test server.

Oh boy, facerolling was never this easy. You think you dodged that big group with those juicy 150 stat buffs and you are pretty sure you are all alone, getting ready to cap the sif out of that circle to remove the buff? Good. Because you ain’t going to do it. There’s dude manning the cannon that will insta kill you if you even dare to try, and then the mother blob will come and devour your soul.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Kimhyuna.1035

some servers can fight back even with the bloodlust buff. how’s it going over yours?

You are showing us TC ticking lower despite the buff? There are many factors as to how that is not an accurate perception of the situation like, for example TC lost a keep in the seconds before your screenshot, but maybe about to cap another in a different BL. It is not an accurate representation of the situation.

Minion

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Having cap a point in order to have stomps count for points is also dumb and anti-competitive.

It penalizes roamers and duelists on underpopulated servers. I wouldn’t be surprised if it does cause them to transfer to higher tiers, along with the competitive guilds.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

You are showing us TC ticking lower despite the buff? There are many factors as to how that is not an accurate perception of the situation like, for example TC lost a keep in the seconds before your screenshot, but maybe about to cap another in a different BL. It is not an accurate representation of the situation.

TC is already back at +300, they probably just got something ninjad while they were zerging all the orbs (they currently have all 3 orbs).

And now they’re at 315 with SM and all 3 orbs. Lolol.

(edited by Blix.8021)

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Kimhyuna.1035

Having cap a point in order to have stomps count for points is also dumb and anti-competitive.

It penalizes roamers and duelists on underpopulated servers. I wouldn’t be surprised if it does cause them to transfer to higher tiers, along with the competitive guilds.

If the amount of guilds JQ, SFR, SoR, BG are getting are any indication, the exodus from lower servers are well underway. It will most likely ramp up to astronomical activity a week from the next patch.

TC is already back at +300, they probably just got something ninjad while they were zerging all the orbs (they currently have all 3 orbs).

Yep, balance people, balance.

Minion

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Desree Mcdez.7056

Desree Mcdez.7056

I haven’t read all responses yet but most of the initial replies have a good point in that it unbalances the scene more. Seeing as the community has been requesting for changes in the past months, and this new map was what Anet has come up with…. putting capture points, they’d require something for people to actually care about capturing them. If it were something superficial or not really impacting the whole scene, people would just stick with the zerg and farm wxp, which in essence, makes this a failure.

I’m pretty sure that the reason behind the stat buff is to give importance to the objectives and the reason behind the closeness of the points is to divide the zerg (a zerg of 30 will be more effective splitting into 3 or 5 to capture the other points). With that, there’s nothing stopping a server with less coverage to muster up enough people to at least capture 1 point and continue round the other points.

This then partially serves as the solution to decrease zerging in borderlands since a lot of people will be preoccupied with capturing points. Thus, the server with less coverage will have the choice of contesting these buff capture points or capturing a tower or keep knowing that the numbers of the zerg of the server with more coverage is less than what it should’ve been. This choice is also available to the commander of the more populated server.

Let’s try to see what it does first before citing criticisms. I’m sure Anet would’ve seen what we are reacting to now, as it’s pretty obvious…. They have some underlying thing they wanted us to see here, we just (maybe) haven’t found it yet (it’s only less than a couple of hours since the patch anyway).

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: tuxedo.8406

tuxedo.8406

Devon Carver doesn’t care about what people in the forum say, as they’re an extreme minority in his opinion, so therefore, a way to see people reacting doesn’t exist, so he does whatever he wants.

Only way to see that a patch has a “negative effect” is that he sees numbers of players dropping..

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

Bloodlust gives the server which has more people during off peak (or whenever) another additional huge advantage which extends on all maps to boot.

You can strategize all you want, simple fact of the matter is, if the other server has 50 people on the map and you’ve 10, you’re not going to hold the buff for that map nor are you going to be able to remove theirs, except maybe for very short periods of time.

The balance problem in this game has never been at peak hours or during the periods when the forces are similar. The problem has always been the huge amount of points the server with more off peak presence can rack up whenever the opponents are not around to fight. Bloodlust exacerbates the problem; now if you’re on the losing side not only you’re forced to leave one or more maps deserted due to lack of people, but on the maps where you can still afford a presence you’ll be forced to fight at a huge disadvantage.

And please don’t even mention stuff like “but you can have a 5 man group on your empty map trying to take back the buff”. Yes you can; the other guys can have them too, and in fact they can have more people, more easily, since hey… they’ve more people to start with in the first place. And it doesn’t take any huge amount of “strategizing” to manage the new stuff; it’s just a bunch of additional points to keep scouted. Also, losing the buff for a few minutes isn’t going to faze the winning server; the zone-hopping night blob can easily focus on saving the T3 keep under attack, then jump on the other map and recap the closest 3 points to get the buff back. In the end it’s not the minute-to-minute ownership which is going to make a difference, but whoever can have it up for more time in the long run.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Kimhyuna.1035

Let’s try to see what it does first before citing criticisms. I’m sure Anet would’ve seen what we are reacting to now, as it’s pretty obvious…. They have some underlying thing they wanted us to see here, we just (maybe) haven’t found it yet (it’s only less than a couple of hours since the patch anyway).

That if you want organized combat with no stat-creep you should come play the dead sPvP content? Or if you want to be in a situation where no one server will rarely hold all 3 buff points, transfer up to a server with the population and coverage (all for a measly 1800 gems)? Or while we dont have anything against zergs and gvg (:lol), we just like to encourage 5 man sPvP-esque like content.

Minion

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: vanzan.1250

vanzan.1250

If you really want to keep the buff just make it apply to the lowest placed server. Yep its a catchup tool.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I love the map! Its awesome

I think they could have put in the map based on “Good Faith” but there is no way to know. Right now alot of people are playing the new area and roaming in it. Have to see what happens after the “New Smell” wears off.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Purr Kitten.8731

Purr Kitten.8731

Oh hey, top server, just before the launch of leagues: even though you have more people we want to offer you an advantage in combat, said Anet, I guess.

I am so thrilled with this new content. We lost two keeps today- but wait! We held on to three capture points!!!!! Yay! But only for a minute, guess we will have to try and try again.

Oh and still enjoying the amahzing lag this is creating too! I really enjoy the delay in getting into the tower entrances that have a zerg of 40 people in front of it. That is my favourite.

SBI

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

The balance problem in this game has never been at peak hours or during the periods when the forces are similar. The problem has always been the huge amount of points the server with more off peak presence can rack up whenever the opponents are not around to fight. Bloodlust exacerbates the problem; now if you’re on the losing side not only you’re forced to leave one or more maps deserted due to lack of people, but on the maps where you can still afford a presence you’ll be forced to fight at a huge disadvantage.

Yes it makes being outmanned worst. In term of ppt the Night capping servers will have few people to gain points off of with the bloodlust buff. They will still be able to get their normal 400-500ppt but they will not get the extra 40-50 stomp points (global wvw kills every 15min)you can get during primetime with bloodlust. The points per stomp are suppose to make it so primetime hours will gain more war score. The servers with no SEA guilds will still suffer from lack of people but will be able to gain ground during their NA primetimes.

We get to see how big of a difference point per stomp will make during the rest of the week. Bloodlust is already decreasing the size of zergs on maps. It is making servers choose between defending a keep or keeping the buff.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: NastyPiggy.2046

NastyPiggy.2046

Going good, we went from +35 up to +55.

Only 10 servers in double digit potential points right now.

(edited by NastyPiggy.2046)

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

ok i wanna say ty for anet to get rid of the useless lake and the new content looks very pretty.but the way it is working is not really fitting for wvw. it s more like a larger spvp map. also the stats will give the dominating servers the godmode status and the thing about stomping is just ridiculous.
now u can take your 60 man zerg, go cap the middle and farm everyone while getting a ton of points and even if they wipe one part of your massive groups u wont get points for stomping, because th massive zerg has 3 blodlust and u got none. and then they have way better stats than u…….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

Orb Buff’s

Tower/Keep Buff’s

Gaurd Stacks

LOL – Warriors sitting w/ 40k+ Hps…

You’re Clueless Anet.

wow a warrior with 40K+ hp? please post, I would love to see this

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: nyaonyao.8402

nyaonyao.8402

Devon Carver doesn’t care about what people in the forum say, as they’re an extreme minority in his opinion, so therefore, a way to see people reacting doesn’t exist, so he does whatever he wants.

Only way to see that a patch has a “negative effect” is that he sees numbers of players dropping..

Players will keep coming in WvW because it’s part of the map completion! How will ANet determine if the decline in WvW participation (if there is any) is due to a certain mechanic or not?

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Devitz.2136

Devitz.2136

Map design is AWESOME
Bloodlust buff is TERRIBLE

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Playing on on home BL is great fun (and there is a sense of newness) thanks to added terrain and capture points.

Dominant server (Tarnished Coast) has not been dominating our bloodlust buff.

20 Fort Aspenwood defending Bauer’s Estate when far less than us approached to play for it didn’t upset me, and the 20 FA were not a “zerg”.

As of this post, TC, FA, and DB each own a bloodlust buff. (While writing, FA took TC’s buff on TC BL).

We have defeated TC in equal # v # fights while they had 2 bloodlust and we had 1. They’ve done the same to us, I suspect.

I honestly hope to see many improvements like this one to WvW over the years. It will improve the game directly (making it better) and indirectly (causing attrition of many of the people who posted on the forum today)!

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

It’s a waste of manpower, but actually not the easy to take advantage of. Because while the counter to this would be to go hit some valuable structures of the zerg, taking Tower and Keeps still takes significantly long enough that the zerg can easily abandon their ruins diversions and go wipe any counter attacking force, and then simply resume zerging over the ruins.

People also draw the wrong conclusion that the vastly better coverage and population servers are always the bigger zerg servers. Not necessarily, as having vastly more people means you also have vastly more to expend into small groups to patrol the ruins. The undermanned side is likely to be outmanned in the ruins to an equal degree that they are in the larger fights.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Virtute.8251

It’s a waste of manpower, but actually not the easy to take advantage of. Because while the counter to this would be to go hit some valuable structures of the zerg, taking Tower and Keeps still takes significantly long enough that the zerg can easily abandon their ruins diversions and go wipe any counter attacking force, and then simply resume zerging over the ruins.

We got tunnel-vision earlier while having too many people in the ruins, and lost our Bay to a few TC and an Omega Golem… we were on the west side of the ruins, and got to in-between the outer and inner walls as it flipped, so we got an eye-full of the very few people who did it.

That’s right. Small-group captures of keeps, in Tier 2. It happens in Tier 1. It’s been happening all along.

GW2 Forum Warriors: Complain about “zergs” moar, pls.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

We got tunnel-vision earlier while having too many people in the ruins, and lost our Bay to a few TC and an Omega Golem… we were on the west side of the ruins, and got to in-between the outer and inner walls as it flipped, so we got an eye-full of the very few people who did it.

That’s right. Small-group captures of keeps, in Tier 2. It happens in Tier 1. It’s been happening all along.

You admitted it was your own fault, simply dumb play. If you let your zerg remain camping the ruins while objectives are taken, then duh, they will fall.

But under actual attentive command, the new buffs and the ruins are more favorable to the existing stronger or winning team in the matchup, and make things even easier for them.

Especially in lower tiers where many servers can’t man decent sizes forces across more than 1 or 2 maps. They have little hope but to be down 2 buffs the majority of the time.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

I’m not sure why they didn’t just give the buffs to the npcs and not players. It makes upgrading the camps/towers actually useful. Which makes defending and upgrading points not so pointless.

but since it is the way it is, new buff is BS and only a person with an IQ of 1 would think otherwise. glaringly obvious this should not have ever gone live

That’s an insightful and completely legitimate option for this. I totally agree. However, we have Devon over there saying that all of us posting in the forums are a minority so he’s not paying any attention to what we’re saying.

Dragonbrand since day 1

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Virtute.8251

You admitted it was your own fault, simply dumb play. If you let your zerg remain camping the ruins while objectives are taken, then duh, they will fall.

But under actual attentive command, the new buffs and the ruins are more favorable to the existing stronger or winning team in the matchup, and make things even easier for them.

Especially in lower tiers where many servers can’t man decent sizes forces across more than 1 or 2 maps. They have little hope but to be down 2 buffs the majority of the time.

Professor Forum: Under ideal imagined circumstances, my theory holds true! Under real circumstances that can be fairly guaranteed to happen to everyone, my theory is not fact. In defense of my theory, it does not respect facts!

Thank you for your thoughts.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

If Anet really wanted this orb mechanic to encourage small group play, they would have put the capture points far apart from each other (e.g. skritt camp, centaur camp, quaggan island). Instead they’re practically all next to one another — very suspiciously like sPvP.

It’s almost like they just remodeled one of the Spvp areas and dropped it in there. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what they did.

Dragonbrand since day 1

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

They should just get rid of all the WvW maps and turn us loose in the PVE areas with “PK” flags/tags. A toggle mode to turn on/off “Player Kill” mode. Instead of “Scarlet’s Minions are attacking Sparkfly Fen” we should get server wide messages that say “Fort Aspenwood invaders are attacking XXXXX”. When I first heard of WvW and Anet’s boasting of 100 vs 100 large scale battles, THAT is what I envisioned. Not shoving us off in what is basically an “Instanced map” called WvW.

Dragonbrand since day 1

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Professor Forum: Under ideal imagined circumstances, my theory holds true! Under real circumstances that can be fairly guaranteed to happen to everyone, my theory is not fact. In defense of my theory, it does not respect facts!

There’s a difference between “optimal circumstances” and “waiting a few days for the pubs to stop marvelling at the SHINY NEW THING”.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

While your amazing single incident sample size is appreciated, this really isn’t that hard of an issue.

If they want a mechanic to help underdogs, we don’t have to pretzel our way into arguing how this has done it, simply give Bloodlust for Outmanned, and it is guaranteed to work that way, for the underdog, 100% of the time.

While what you say may happen occasionally, and is of course possible, the opposite will be the status the majority of the time. With the winning server in the matchup holding a Bloodlust advantage more than not. In big mismatches, almost uniformly holding that advantage, only to further discourage participation or closing the gap.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

There’s a difference between “optimal circumstances” and “waiting a few days for the pubs to stop marvelling at the SHINY NEW THING”.

Of course, everyone just wants to try out the new stuff right now.

But once they realize the individual rewards aren’t much, and that they just need someone in their zerg to go secure the areas for everyone to get the buff, the big zergs will get bored of trying to maneuver around those areas, and they will send more wise size forces, with always enough reserve to bring more when needed to secure them.