Bring back tournaments

Bring back tournaments

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

Why were tournaments stopped?

they were excellent in bringing the crowds back to wvw and making the best game mode in the game playable.

Bring back tournaments

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Whens-the-next-WvW-tournament/first

Really needs to be stickied because someone opens a new thread EVERY WEEK asking the same question.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

Bring back tournaments

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Our primary motivation for avoiding running another tournament, is that at the end of every tournament we saw a permanent dip in the number of players playing WvW. Presumably this was due to players burning themselves out during the tournament.

However, we can still run a poll to see if the majority of the community wants another 4 week tournament, even if it might be bad for the long term WvW population numbers. Though even if ‘running another tournament’ won the poll, we’d probably hold off until we get the scoring updates in.

AKA. Never another tournament. But seriously building incentive for creating the server community seriously should seriously be seriously the seriously top priority, before seriously have another tournament. Because seriously, it will seriously just get ruined by huge movements of people/guilds since servers don’t matter to anyone.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)

Bring back tournaments

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Whens-the-next-WvW-tournament/first

Really needs to be stickied because someone opens a new thread EVERY WEEK asking the same question.

That’s what I said last time and someone argued with me over it.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Bring back tournaments

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

the anet dude says that they saw a dip in numbers after tourney and hence they opted not to hold tourneys?!?!?

what!?!? obviously after the surge in numbers during the tournament, you are gonna get a dip after that. issn’t it normal? this is such a weird reason.

Bring back tournaments

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Kitten tournaments. 2 hours real competitive WvW every day would be enough for me. Too bad you can’t have competitive WvW without player statistics and some good reason actually try to win.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Bring back tournaments

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

the anet dude says that they saw a dip in numbers after tourney and hence they opted not to hold tourneys?!?!?

what!?!? obviously after the surge in numbers during the tournament, you are gonna get a dip after that. issn’t it normal? this is such a weird reason.

Tournaments were not healthy for the mode, and wvw… professions… population balance… condi systems… lot of other stuff… are still a mess, so the outcome of a tournamt won’t be healthy either. Instead, the devs are working on creating 2 hour “skirmishes” with rewards, and that will be much better for the players to digest while the devs slowly fix up wvw… professions… population balance… condi systems and lots of other stuff.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Bring back tournaments

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Many of my guildies and friends stopped playing and im pretty much sure they won’t come back for a tournament where the winners are decided before it even starts.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Bring back tournaments

in WvW

Posted by: vier.1327

vier.1327

Wht not?

We need something to still playingWvW.

Mejor músico de Bahia de Baruch.

Bring back tournaments

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Wht not?

We need something to still playingWvW.

Why not?… Professions are stale and need sersious attention. Professions are designed for raids in pve. Bad combat mechanics. Lag. Uneven populations. Bad rewards…

You think players want to come back to this complete mess, let alone for a nifty tournament?

Asking for tournaments is like asking to have the olympics hosted in rio again…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)