Whens the next WvW tournament?

in WvW

Posted by: Fox Reeveheart.1890

Fox Reeveheart.1890

I played in the 2014 spring(?) tournament and got a nice mistforged hero’s mace out of it.

I’d like to grab another one of those weapons, but of course can only be gotten through wvw tournament tickets, so when is the next big tournament?

in WvW

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

I guess it could be tricky while server pairings are still in beta.

That said, I would love to have another Tourney soonish, while we still have proper Alpine BL on! WvW Tournaments were some of the most fun times I’ve had in GW2. First one and Spring 2014, that is. Autumn 2014 was too trivial.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

I assume after the wvw merge testing is over. They still have to fix the scoring issues as well. Either way do not expect any talk from A-net about wvw seasons until after they have fixed more of wvw issues.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

They have pretty much said there won’t be any further tournaments but there will be other ways of getting the tickets.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

They have pretty much said there won’t be any further tournaments but there will be other ways of getting the tickets.

I believe reward track was mentioned as the means.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

Yes, I’m not sure why they said the tournaments were damaging in the long term. I really can’t think of a reason for that. Anyone?

Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

Yes, I’m not sure why they said the tournaments were damaging in the long term. I really can’t think of a reason for that. Anyone?

Look at your server?

in WvW

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

I wasn’t aware of that. Sad news if true.

It gave an extra incentive for WvW! I was on a Bronze server during the last one, and it was lots of fun. Can’t speak for top tiers though.
The only thing that might be tricky now is server pride, which has been a bit wounded for some when mergers happened.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Yes, they said they would have no more WvW tournaments. I think that was a terribly bad call on their part though.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Jong.5937

Look at your server?

:D good dig, but I still don’t get it. At the risk of getting the thread locked(!) Yes, very bad week this week. Although, interestingly, until last night we were still winning by kills and kill ratios and that is still really tight (http://wvwintel.com/#2010).

But otherwise we have, anyway, been deliberately trying to avoid nightcapping and the top international server spot as it just leads to bandwagoning and poor fights. At one point last year it was just about impossible to get any fights in the borders because we were so dominant and, if we didn’t try really hard, almost all keeps but enemy garri’s were ours and T3.

However, even if you disregard all that, I don’t know what the tournaments have got to do with any of it.

Piken Square

(edited by Jong.5937)

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Look at your server?

:D good dig, but I still don’t get it. At the risk of getting the thread locked(!) Yes, very bad week this week. Although, interestingly, until last night we were still winning by kills and kill ratios and that is still really tight (http://wvwintel.com/#2010).

But otherwise we have, anyway, been deliberately trying to avoid nightcapping and the top international server spot as it just leads to bandwagoning and poor fights. At one point last year it was just about impossible to get any fights in the borders because we were so dominant and, if we didn’t try really hard, almost all keeps but enemy garri’s were ours and T3.

However, even if you disregard all that, I don’t know what the tournaments have got to do with any of it.

The short answer is server stacking. As soon as the tournaments were announced, people banded together to stack servers in each of the divisions to win the ‘better loots’.

SBI

(edited by Blockhead Magee.3092)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

There won’t be anymore tournaments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4ilemt/current_plans_for_wvw_scoring_overhaul/d309hco

Tyler B

It’ll likely take a number of months to complete all the scoring changes, though we plan to release incremental progress in the form of live betas. The timeline also depends on if the community maintains that scoring is a priority, and they don’t vote for us to shift focus to another feature, like World Linking or Reward Tracks.

No additional WvW Tournaments are currently planned. While they were good for the game in the short term, in the long term they’ve proved to be unhealthy. This means we’ll want to repurpose WvW Tournament Tickets, possibly just as a general match reward, so that players can continue to earn the unique WvW weapon skins.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Jong.5937

short answer is server stacking. As soon as the tournaments were announced, people banded together to stack servers in each of the divisions to win the ‘better loots’.

If tournaments were the issue, how come it’s still happening. It’s a problem but tournaments were not the cause and cancelling them is doubly not a solution, IMO.

Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

Next

Our primary motivation for avoiding running another tournament, is that at the end of every tournament we saw a permanent dip in the number of players playing WvW. Presumably this was due to players burning themselves out during the tournament.

However, we can still run a poll to see if the majority of the community wants another 4 week tournament, even if it might be bad for the long term WvW population numbers. Though even if ‘running another tournament’ won the poll, we’d probably hold off until we get the scoring updates in.

in WvW

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Our primary motivation for avoiding running another tournament, is that at the end of every tournament we saw a permanent dip in the number of players playing WvW. Presumably this was due to players burning themselves out during the tournament.

However, we can still run a poll to see if the majority of the community wants another 4 week tournament, even if it might be bad for the long term WvW population numbers. Though even if ‘running another tournament’ won the poll, we’d probably hold off until we get the scoring updates in.

If I was playing during a tournament then stopped after it was because the tournament was over not because of burnout. I am sure there are cases of burnout too, just adding another thing to consider.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

With this in mind, do you have other plans to implement the Mistforged skins and the Triumphant Hero’s armor? Gotta be plenty of people who bought Hero’s weapon skins and planned to upgrade them in the next season that will now never happen.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That sounds like a misleading data point. Here’s one way in which a “permanent” drop can happen where the cause would not be the tourney.

• Numbers for the game and wvw specifically have a downward trend.
  • People postpone dropping the game because they are interested in the tourney.

In other words, the numbers would have dropped anyways; the tourney delayed it rather than accelerated it.

You guys have access to a lot more data than we do, so I can’t test any other hypothesis. I don’t know, for example, if people return to WvW from other game modes (or to GW2 generally) for WvW tourneys.

I’m just saying, be careful before attributing causal connection, especially since it’s not as if we’ve had all that many WvW tourneys in the first place.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Previous

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

The Tier 1 Weapons will be made available in an upcoming Reward Track, much like the armor already is.

We haven’t fully decided how to distribute the T2 Weapons and Armor yet. Though, we are currently leaning towards players purchasing them with a currency that they’d earn as a match reward. We may also set rank requirements for the various pieces, so you’d need to be a relatively high rank(1-2k) to purchase a full set.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

That’s really interesting, thankyou. Good to hear that it’s on your minds.

I wonder if it’d be mechanically feasible to open a reward track every X ranks- you get to say, 500, you can complete Triumphant Hero’s armor once, it locks again. Get to 1000, it opens again until you do it once, then it closes again.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

A max rank of Silver Knight or Gold Major to get shiny armor and weapons. Hopefully you will introduce a wvw legendary back piece. Something that says, I killed tens of thousands of players.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

at the end of every tournament we saw a permanent dip in the number of players playing WvW. Presumably this was due to players burning themselves out during the tournament.

That’s really interesting.

I think from a lot of Teamspeak chat the duration of the tournament is what burnt people out.

Perhaps make tournaments frequent but with a lower duration.

Maybe once every 2 months launch a 1 week tournament (whoever wins the most of the next 50 skirmishes?). Winners would get a tournament reward box, second place would get a slightly worse reward box and third place gets a certificate of participation

Launch the tournaments at random times so servers that hibernate don’t have time to ask their mum for permission to stay up late.

Another idea is that you only announce that the mini tournament is active when you are 15 skirmishes into the tournament. So servers will never know when the tournament is active so hibernating servers will be punished for only fighting when a tournament is active.

(edited by dzeRnumbrd.6129)

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Shorter timescales are better. The modern MMO player doesn’t invest in just one game and their attention span is very small. There are much more quality options for entertainment in the world now. Recognize that and ANET will win again.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

So….anyone remember that HoD blob?

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

To be honest…I think players are burning themselves out during this World Linking Beta…imho.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

To be honest…I think players are burning themselves out during this World Linking Beta…imho.

OOOOhhh shots fired

in WvW

Diku.2546

OOOOhhh shots fired

I’d like to know what the number of players playing WvW on Weaker Servers are trending to be…

Stronger Servers need to lead by example to recruit the Weaker Server’s population, but without a guarantee they’ll move to them…so they have to constantly push for epic scaled fights to impress the Weaker servers.

Double whammy…

1) Weaker Server population want server identity…not having it…stop playing…or prefer a different pace of battle. Not Zerg based.

2) Stronger Servers have to up their game to do epic scaled fights while supporting Weaker Servers to win…Commanders must constantly run Zerg battles to hold strong wins.

There’s a more simple & elegant solution to this mess…imho

Player Driven…yet…Anet Controlled.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

OOOOhhh shots fired

I’d like to know what the number of players playing WvW on Weaker Servers are trending to be…

Stronger Servers need to lead by example to recruit the Weaker Server’s population, but without a guarantee they’ll move to them…so they have to constantly push for epic scaled fights to impress the Weaker servers.

Double whammy…

1) Weaker Server population want server identity…not having it…stop playing…or prefer a different pace of battle. Not Zerg based.

2) Stronger Servers have to up their game to do epic scaled fights while supporting Weaker Servers to win…Commanders must constantly run Zerg battles to hold strong wins.

There’s a more simple & elegant solution to this mess…imho

RKO outta nowhere!

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I can understand this position, tournaments were a double edged sword. It broke and destroyed servers, and but also boosted and solidified others. I was on SoR for all three tournaments and we had a massive player exodus after each one. The burnout was real, I personally got so burned out after the first season I barely stepped into wvw for months. Then there was also the constant friction between the hardcore wvw players and more casual players that were just going in to farm achievements, this turned off a lot of people who might have become more interested in wvw and more active in wvw. It also caused a lot of frustration for guilds because of the long queues that this caused resulting in a breakdown in coordination.

Perhaps there can be some middle ground here? Maybe a lighter version of a tournament. Something like rotating rewards for servers that win the matchup each week? And instead of a set of achievements to grind out a bunch of times, there could be a simple progress bar that advances everytime wxp is earned. This way everyone can be rewarded including scouts, roamers, small op teams etc.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

in WvW

Diku.2546

RKO outta nowhere!

Hahaha…yeah…I’m just passionate about wanting to seeing the WvW Game Mode THRIVE.

I’m sure others will argue against what I’m proposing & there’s many other solutions that’s been discussed.

The solution I’m encouraging…however…is Simple & Elegant…imho.

We could actually have WvW Tournaments if it’s implemented…once again…without the permanent dip to WvW population…imho.

Possible Full Solution – Google Search – Reboot Base Map Mechanic

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

RKO outta nowhere!

Hahaha…yeah…I’m just passionate about wanting to seeing the WvW Game Mode THRIVE.

I’m sure others will argue against what I’m proposing & there’s many other solutions that’s been discussed.

The solution I’m encouraging…is Simple & Elegant…imho.

We could actually have WvW Tournaments if it’s implemented…once again…without the permanent dip to WvW population…imho.

Spam that garbage as much as you want. I will always stand against it. Simple and elegant lol.

Tournaments will be useless as long as transfers are allowed and groups of players are allowed to stack. It doesn’t matter if it is servers, alliances or whatever you choose to call it there will be the low skilled egotistical try hards that will game the system to ruin it.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I can understand this position, tournaments were a double edged sword. It broke and destroyed servers, and but also boosted and solidified others. I was on SoR for all three tournaments and we had a massive player exodus after each one. The burnout was real, I personally got so burned out after the first season I barely stepped into wvw for months.

I was on SoR until it imploded out of T1 and season 1 basically led to the destruction of SoR as it was then. Hence why I’m personally salty about seasons. I loved my time on SoR, the best time I’ve had in the game.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

X T D.6458

I can understand this position, tournaments were a double edged sword. It broke and destroyed servers, and but also boosted and solidified others. I was on SoR for all three tournaments and we had a massive player exodus after each one. The burnout was real, I personally got so burned out after the first season I barely stepped into wvw for months.

I was on SoR until it imploded out of T1 and season 1 basically led to the destruction of SoR as it was then. Hence why I’m personally salty about seasons. I loved my time on SoR, the best time I’ve had in the game.

I stayed on SoR for 22 months, so I was there for that painful drop from tier 1 to t8. Season 2 was probably the worst because of the free transfers and the timing. It came right after many of the wvw guilds had left the server so we had no chance to rebuild and got stuck in imbalanced matchups we couldn’t win for all 9 weeks.

in WvW

Diku.2546

Tournaments will be useless as long as transfers are allowed and groups of players are allowed to stack. It doesn’t matter if it is servers, alliances or whatever you choose to call it there will be the low skilled egotistical try hards that will game the system to ruin it.

It’s Simple & Elegant imho…

We can agree to disagree I guess.

Actually have a FAQ on the above point you raised concerning stacking:

FAQ #5:

How do you propose to stop a single super stacked and strong Globe from buying up guilds & dominating all Globes?

Player Driven

Players can continue to Globe stack if they want. Powerful Guilds can continue to try to dominate the Top 3 Rank WvW positions

ANet would probably adjust the Weekly Globe limit that players can visit to 1 for the week to force the #1 Ranked NA & EU Globes to become the King of the Hill

If Weekly Globe limit is set to 1. Once a player attacks a Globe

That Specific Chosen Globe is the only Globe that the player will be able to attack for the whole week…until the next Weekly Globe Reset occurs

A very large Guild could hold hostage the Top 3 Ranked Globes, but the New Base Mechanic will at least allow all the Lower Ranked Globes to attack them

Current Base Map Mechanic does not even allow the Lowest Ranked World to attack the #1 Ranked WvW World

Lower Ranked Globes earn more points attacking Higher Ranked Globes

Higher Ranked Globes earn less points attacking Lower Ranked Globes

Home Globe Team will be shown the 3 Top Globes attacking in a random order to provide targeting

King of Hill Buff – Bottom 3 WvW Ranked Worlds get an automatic buff when attacking any Top WvW Ranked World’s Home Globes. Cross Global Theaters of War attacks also trigger Buff

If ANet has to enforce a Weekly Globe Limit of 1 Globe

Severely stacked Globes will be exposed to attack from All Globes, but their armies would be forced to divide itself in retaliation attacks along multiple Globe fronts

Bottom 3 Ranked Globes actually always get an Automatic Buff for attacking any Top 3 Globes

Top 3 Ranked Globes really don’t benefit from attacking the Bottom 3 Ranked Globes

Nothing will prevent all Globes from picking 1 Globe to attack, but given the mechanic that encourages players to visit 0-3 Globes…you can be pretty sure…somebody will decide to attack a different Globe to raise their Home Globe’s Rank over the other Globes

Globes Base design is to encourage Local & International Communities to form

Globe identity encourages a Strong Sense of Community & Hard Fought Rivalries imho

This is a long term solution that encourages Local & International WvW Communities to form & become established…then nurtured

Over time…Communities will be born, grow up, age, and die…the cycle of life

Both NA & EU #1 Ranked Globes would earn less for being the King of the Hill…because nobody is above them in Rank

Players from EU Globes can attack NA Globes by visiting them

Players from NA Globes can attack EU Globes by visiting them

The Globe based design allows players from all 24 NA Globes & 27 EU Globes to move fluidly across all Globes

Current Base Map Mechanic Does Not Allow players to fluidly fight across all World Servers

It’s more fun to be able to fight in any Globe of your choice for the week

Current Base Map Mechanic has you typically fighting the same Server in the same Tier for weeks…if not months…over and over again

The only restriction to being the 0-3 Globe Limit for players. This number that can be adjusted to 1 Globe if necessary by ANet to prevent un-fair matches & to keep players from gaming the system

Players can choose to fight in any NA & EU Globe

WvW is open 24/7….and now…players can find a Globe that is active…even if it’s Night Time for their Home Globe…because it’s definitely Day Time on an International Globe to that player

ANet Controlled

Easily Manage the WvW Universe by Increasing or Decreasing

1) Globe Visit Flag – Max Number of Globes ANY player can visit per week

2) Globe Full Flag – Max Number of players that can actively be on a Globe
………..Seat Allocation: Home = 45%, Enemy = 45%, ANet = 10%

3) Guild Full Flag – Max Number of players a Guild can have as members

4) World Full Flag – Max Number of players a Globe can have as representors

ANet can prevent un-fair matches & stop players from trying to game the system by adjusting these Core Base Map Flag Numbers

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Diku.2546

ANet…please sponsor an Annual SuperBowl style eSport for WvW.

Business convention style booking in Las Vegas with attendees from World Servers fighting for the honor of being Ranked #1 WvW World.

Participants pay their own way…

Players that attend the event are given Individually Coded Key Passes…that can later be turned in with ANet to collect a SuperBowl award…if their Globe becomes Rank #1.

Normally – Higher Ranked Globes earn less points attacking Lower Ranked Globes

During Gladiator SuperBowl Event – All Globes earn equal points

NA Gladiator SuperBowl – NA#1vsNA#2vsNA#3vsNA#4vsNA#5, etc…ANet to decide
EU Gladiator SuperBowl – EU#1vsEU#2vsEU#3vsEU#4vsEU#5, etc…ANet to decide

Change the Core Base Map Mechanic to make it happen…

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

X T D.6458

Hundreds of people from all different timezones…yea no lol. PvP is easy to promote and market you have small teams and dont have timezone issues.

in WvW

Diku.2546

Hundreds of people from all different timezones…yea no lol. PvP is easy to promote and market you have small teams and dont have timezone issues.

You’re misunderstanding…that’s all I can say.

Let’s agree to disagree then…

For you to comment on different Time Zones being an issue…

This tells me that you’ve misunderstood how Time Zone is being used in this new Core Base Map Mechanic.

NA & EU Events would be staged respectively to be closer to their real world time…using a Label mechanic that would help to form Long Term Communities.

Which is the lesser concern…ANet would reap a lot more profits with people paying their way in a Business Convention style event…imho.

Why host a Concert for 30 people attending.

When it’s better to host a Concert for 1000 people attending.

Plus…players can bring their spouse & family…that aren’t into WvW for a vacation.

Promoter will stand a better chance to earn profits.

Time Zone/Language Label & Off-Peak Capping

Globes are Labeled after a Time Zone. This Time Zone Mechanic is only a Label

Communities Form around this Label

Also, there is a Language mechanic to help properly Label a Community that forms for each Globe

New Players before choosing a Globe…are shown the Language preference distribution of its population…primary & secondary Languages of players for the Globe

Local & International Communities Form around Globes using these Labels

Off-peak capping issues addressed by players forming Enemy Alliances with International Globes to attack Invaders to your Local Globe

Time Zone & Label Mechanics Do Not prevent players from doing anything in WvW

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

X T D.6458

You’re misunderstanding…that’s all I can say.

Let’s agree to disagree then…

For you to comment on different Time Zones being an issue…

This tells me that you’ve misunderstood how Time Zone is being used in this new Core Base Map Mechanic.

Which is the lesser concern…ANet would reap a lot more profits with people paying their way in a Business Convention style event…imho.

Why host a Concert for 30 people.

When it’s better to host a Concert for 1000 people.

Promoter will stand a better chance to earn profits.

Time Zone/Language Label & Off-Peak Capping

Globes are Labeled after a Time Zone. This Time Zone Mechanic is only a Label

Communities Form around this Label

Also, there is a Language mechanic to help properly Label a Community that forms for each Globe

New Players before choosing a Globe…are shown the Language preference distribution of its population…primary & secondary Languages of players for the Globe

Local & International Communities Form around Globes using these Labels

Off-peak capping issues addressed by players forming Enemy Alliances with International Globes to attack Invaders to your Local Globe

Time Zone & Label Mechanics Do Not prevent players from doing anything in WvW

I think its you that doesnt understand, or at least hasnt thought it through.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

so we want tournaments while scoring hasn’t been addressed or linking either (hello bg-et) – no thanks….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Diku.2546

@X T D

I have thought it through. It’s you that misunderstand.

Enjoy your Concert with 30 people.

Let’s just agree to disagree. It will save space & time.

in WvW

Diku.2546

@Liston

ANet seriously needs to Change the Core Base Map Mechanic.

When they do…Tournaments will be possible…imho.

Core Base Map Mechanic impacts how scoring is done due to population imbalances.

in WvW

Posted by: ICECORE.2614

ICECORE.2614

I think that considering WvW has been really struggling for the last couple of months a tournament could bring back a few people have lost interest

in WvW

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

Just wow… people have been asking for more tournaments ever since the last one (which was in fall 2014, wasn’t it?) was over and I know lots of people who quit wvw/the game because we didn’t get them.
Every time we’ve been asking we got answers like “oh we just want to sort out this issue” and “now we want to sort out that issue but don’t worry, tournaments are coming” and now we get a lousy excuse like that?
WvW almost died (to be a little overdramatic) because people got bored and didn’t like the changes that came with HoT and you think a tournament would be what drives people away? NO! Numbers drop after each tournament because the tournament first RAISES them. It brings new players into WvW (which our communities are in desperate need of) and brings back old players. Of course afterwards players need a short break – it’s only natural. But people who’ve still been playing WvW without us getting tournaments for 1.5 years now (!!!) will stay on the long run. So will new people who joined only because of the tournament and happened to take a liking into WvW.

If you want to keep people in WvW after the hype for bringing back the old borders and world linking is over, give us tournaments.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

can we get a collection for the mistforged weapons and or triumphant armor? in the vein of the auric weapon collection, the order back pieces, the machined weapons, etc?

those kind of things rather motivate me to collect them all when the collection reward is interesting. like an ascended armor box or selectable stat back piece or something.

the HoT collections are actually quite well done, i would never know about half of them without doing the ones that are sort of pushed at us. complex and esoteric with a bunch of neat things as rewards. probably a good place to get ideas.

maybe offer a reward track unlock as a collection reward for triumphant armor. and make the reward track also require a wvw mastery that can only have points put in it once all other masteries are unlocked. then the reward track could offer the t2 armor in some way, or pieces of things to forge it.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Tyler,

The very bright future of WvW and tournaments are just a click away! Open and be amazed!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Suggestion-Living-WvW-updated/first

You’re welcome!

Sincerely,

Your humble idea servant, who only asks for a commemorative statue for all to gaze upon when they zone into WvW.

P.S., Another minor request… Please add a coins wishing well around my statue that goes directly to my account wallet. Thanks!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

I’m sensing a SAB like deja vu thing, “yeah, we plan on that sometime”….boom a week later it’s here. RAWR, to battle!

Speaking of statues Swagg, do you know how weird it is to stare at or dare to touch another servers statue? It almost feels naughty

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I’m sensing a SAB like deja vu thing, “yeah, we plan on that sometime”….boom a week later it’s here. RAWR, to battle!

Speaking of statues Swagg, do you know how weird it is to stare at or dare to touch another servers statue? It almost feels naughty

Yeah, it will be awesomely naughty!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

I suspect there are other reasons for that drop that are related to player psychology and not burn out.

in WvW

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Are you not seeing a dip in PvP participation when the seasons aren’t running?

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

The Tier 1 Weapons will be made available in an upcoming Reward Track, much like the armor already is.

We haven’t fully decided how to distribute the T2 Weapons and Armor yet. Though, we are currently leaning towards players purchasing them with a currency that they’d earn as a match reward. We may also set rank requirements for the various pieces, so you’d need to be a relatively high rank(1-2k) to purchase a full set.

I like that idea.

in WvW

Jong.5937

- 1st: new scoring beta
– 2nd: new scoring final based on feedback
- 3rd: A new tournament, with significant rewards for committed participants would be great

People need a reason if they are going to try to win at the moment. Scoring is so discredited and boring that most turn up just for the fights. If the new scoring can make fights count, so scouts, defenders and fighters can all be on the same team, all contributing to the same goal, then a new tournament would be amazing.

If a few get burnt out for a week or two afterwards (I know I will) so be it!

Piken Square