Build Master (New WvW ability).

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

Such a masterstroke of an addition, most definitely another gigantic step into making this part of the game into a total siegefest. Can’t wait to see even more speedbuilding of AC’s during open field fights.

To be fairly honest I’m kind of surprised they haven’t replaced all the current character skills and utilities yet, with something more suiting Devon’s vision, making WvW even more siege dependable.

~~Ayeres~~

(edited by Tellerion.8102)

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

*Sigh. So disappointed. I feel like PvP is such a fail and that ANET is purposely trying to mess up WvW so that more people try PvP.

in WvW

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Forget arrow carts.

2x Superior Ballista’s manned by players with Ballista mastery traits would probably vaporize entire zergs if placed right.

in WvW

Posted by: Lifewaster.5912

Lifewaster.5912

This is a very dangerous ability to take. I recommend avoiding it.

eg: you have 2-3 build sites beside you, all are freshly placed and self destruct in 2 mins.

You can currently build 2 supply worth into each in order to give them all a 10 min timer, before running to get more supply.

If you take the new ability you can longer do this ever again, untill they maybe offer another wxp reset.

(edited by Lifewaster.5912)

in WvW

Posted by: Estus.1726

Estus.1726

I wouldn’t be too hasty in calling this new skill worthless. I was surprised last night at how effective a few points in build mastery is.

A few of us in my guild had invested some points into this new mastery. Our guild likes to move fast when taking objectives. Now when our commander says “flash build this”, it’s up in a second.

I suspect that when people see the potential for this skill there will be a demand to tone it down.

And I agree that this encourages even more siege placement especially in open field fighting, something the game doesn’t need.

Just my 2 coppers worth…..

[RE] Isendale – Tarnished Coast
“Did you see that? Tell me you saw that!”

(edited by Estus.1726)

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

i want siege bunker upgrade 5% damage reduction is ridiculous make it a 10 point line with a “protect you and your friends from siege damage for 30 seconds” final skill.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

After so many changes I do not even know in which situation is or what is the real perfirmance of each mastery.
Any page where each mastery is properly described?

Best,

Haltair

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

This is World vs. World warfare in which, sorta like real life, siege warfare is common.

Siege is here to stay and I welcome it and all the abilities that come along with it.

LONG LIVE SIEGE!

Also, Lifewaster and Haltair both make excellent points.

in WvW

Daendur.2357

This is World vs. World warfare in which, sorta like real life, siege warfare is common.

Siege is here to stay and I welcome it and all the abilities that come along with it.

LONG LIVE SIEGE!

real life comparisons… soooo appropriate

in WvW

Posted by: Soronthar.7236

Soronthar.7236

LONG LIVE SIEGE!

real life comparisons… soooo appropriate

Regardless, given that the vast majority of points to capture are towers, keeps and castle, I would say that yes, WvW is all about sieges.

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

I see this at least in part as a quality-of-life improvement for those of us who spend a lot of time running supply from camps and building siege in keeps and towers. We are generally an over-worked and under compensated lot, so I’m happy about the new ability.

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

I completely agree with slingblade. What a way to over-dramatize things, if zergs want to build arrowcarts in the open it’s going to happen either way. If you’re 50 people that AC will be up in a split second, whether the players have build mastery or not.

Member of TUP on Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Give us arenas :<! That is what I say. So we can all let WvW die so it can sit next to PvP and have some proper fights.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

WvW is about many things, but one of the biggest of them is siege weapons. We will continue to make changes and additions to the game to make siege weapons more varied and more interesting while also changing other aspects of the game. But it will always be a game type that uses siege weapons and uses them a lot. It is part of what makes WvW unique and the strategy involved is important. And before you mention it, I have died to many, many arrow carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Renxian.6982

Renxian.6982

WvW is about many things, but one of the biggest of them is siege weapons. We will continue to make changes and additions to the game to make siege weapons more varied and more interesting while also changing other aspects of the game. But it will always be a game type that uses siege weapons and uses them a lot. It is part of what makes WvW unique and the strategy involved is important. And before you mention it, I have died to many, many arrow carts.

Normal Arrow carts aren’t too bad, but superiors are straight stupid right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

From my point of view you should gather all the information related to mastery. All the details should be obvious in order to make proper decissions.

Best,

Haltair, one of the Twelve Shadows

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

in WvW

Tellerion.8102

This thread was purely made out of frustration, it’s already become fairly obvious where you intend to take this part of the game.

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

This thread was purely made out of frustration, it’s already become fairly obvious where you intend to take this part of the game.

If it’s so obvious, then why do you still waste time here?

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Exactly. You don’t want siege (or as much siege) in your PvP? Go back to the actual tPvP or sPvP area and play that.

I would like to see a fix for all the questionable field of view antics I see WITH the siege, though.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Tellerion.8102

If it’s so obvious, then why do you still waste time here?

Obviously out of frustration, obviously.

Exactly. You don’t want siege (or as much siege) in your PvP? Go back to the actual tPvP or sPvP area and play that.

I’ve been leaning more towards the spvp scene lately, yes. But how exactly is that suppose to cover my needs for larger scale fights? (Before replying, keep in mind, I want to avoid the clusterkitten of siege usage that WvW is currently struggling with.)

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Posted by: Rez.2578

Rez.2578

Whats your /deaths at now after the many, many arrow carts? I think you were around 150 3 months ago.

Edit: 156 – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Passing-the-torch/first#post1729196

Rezz[Invi]

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Want PvP without siege, here you go:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp

Now stop the whinging, it’s getting old.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I’m not so sure how effective this skill is. In WvW when our commanders ask us to flash build rams or AC’s out in the field, they are built in about 1 second. How exactly is this build mastery going to help?

Even in small groups (6-8 people) assaulting a tower, it takes literally 5-7 seconds to finish them both. With maxed out build mastery how many seconds would this shave off? Perhaps built in 2-3s?

It really seems anti-climatic.

The only possible scenario I could see it being useful is if your roaming around in a small group and 1 player is designated in carrying around an AC ready to deploy. You encounter another group then insta build your AC ready for use. Aside from that, I personally don’t see the use in this ability.

in WvW

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Want PvP without siege, here you go:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp

Now stop the whinging, it’s getting old.

WvW is PvE with incidental player killing.

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

Outta curiosity, have you recently played in a high tiered match? Such as NA T1/2?

in WvW

Posted by: Fenrir.6183

Fenrir.6183

This is crap.
You now use your whole supply instead of deciding where to use it. So it might be faster (is it anyway ? haven’t tried, most likely won’t) but you’re forced to use all your supply on only 1 thing. No more keeping 2 or 4 supps for a ram after repairing something just a bit. No more just repairing the gate/wall so it comes back up and keeping the rest of your supply.
And as others have stated, most siege are up in a flash already anyway. Not sure what those ranks are going to achieve. Probably nothing since no one is going to take them.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

This is crap.
You now use your whole supply instead of deciding where to use it. So it might be faster (is it anyway ? haven’t tried, most likely won’t) but you’re forced to use all your supply on only 1 thing. No more keeping 2 or 4 supps for a ram after repairing something just a bit. No more just repairing the gate/wall so it comes back up and keeping the rest of your supply.
And as others have stated, most siege are up in a flash already anyway. Not sure what those ranks are going to achieve. Probably nothing since no one is going to take them.

Am I missing something? You are not forced to do anything, you don’t have to get the ability. What are you really complaining about here?

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

I maxed it right away. I like the design a lot. Large groups can already spike build siege just fine, but small groups need to more often, and this lets them.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in WvW

Fenrir.6183

This is crap.

Am I missing something? You are not forced to do anything, you don’t have to get the ability. What are you really complaining about here?

Im’ not complaining, i’m giving my opinion on the new abilities. I don’t really care, i won’t be putting any point in them but still, they’re pretty useless…

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I have died to many, many arrow carts.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Points will go into them, after everything else is maxed (if it’s maxed). That will take some time and Im not sure if I’ll be around then.

Some people may find it useful, whereas others wont. I’m one of the “wont’s” because even in a small group, I just cant justify wasting all those points to shave 3-4s off building siege.

in WvW

Posted by: jaimy.4108

jaimy.4108

Siege.. Siege… Siege…

Such a shame. You have such a wonderful dynamic fighting system, but you prefer to lay the focus on standing still behind a siege pressing 1.

Why should we even take the effort to communicate towards Anet since you are obviosly blobbing siege lovers who I feel only see this one side of wvw and prefer to stay blind to the rest.

VoTF

in WvW

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

When these were announced, I kinda hoped they’d improve the effect of each piece of supply used. Restoring more HP per tick.
I suppose that might cause problems with people getting mad at others without these skills for “wasting” supplies they take, but… I still think it would’ve been better than what we got.
I don’t think you can even use this to build/repair more effectively while under attack, because the enemy will just undo what you did. It won’t do much to help you build/repair faster, since the majority of time is spent running back and forth from the supplies. What good are these skills, really?

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

It’s a shame that you have such a limited, noncompetitive view of open world fighting. I don’t know if no one at Anet played DAoC, or if you were all just god awful at it, but you are missing out on so much potential because you are so focused on driving wvw into a mindless zerging siege fest.

If instead of intentionally pushing the skilled players out of wvw you had encouraged small group play, GW2 would have the best roaming pvp scene since DAoC, but instead it’s a joke.

But hey, on the upside, maybe if you continue to ruin wvw more and more with every patch, hopefully eventually you will be forced to actually put some resources into spvp.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Noroz.9527

Noroz.9527

It’s a shame that you have such a limited, noncompetitive view of open world fighting. I don’t know if no one at Anet played DAoC, or if you were all just god awful at it, but you are missing out on so much potential because you are so focused on driving wvw into a mindless zerging siege fest.

If instead of intentionally pushing the skilled players out of wvw you had encouraged small group play, GW2 would have the best roaming pvp scene since DAoC, but instead it’s a joke.

But hey, on the upside, maybe if you continue to ruin wvw more and more with every patch, hopefully eventually you will be forced to actually put some resources into spvp.

This isn’t DAoC, now is it?

Commander Noroz Vi Britannia
Northern Shiverpeaks
[AS] Artificial Strife

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

you are so focused on driving wvw into a mindless zerging siege fest.

Do you even realize that siege like arrow carts are an anti-zerg mechanic.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

+1

About the build/repair mastery, afterall it’s ok to pick one the first (1 pt) tier for both and go no further.

This way you still retain the ability to put supplies in different things (4 on first place, 4 on second, 2 spare ones) while DOUBLING the build/repair speed.

Btw, to clear up if somebody missed it, if you have only 2 supplies or the build/repair needs only 2 supplies to fill out you won’t waste 4 (or more depending on rank) of them – the “Uses 4 supplies at once” is a bit misleading.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Tellerion.8102

Anti-zerg mechanic frequently used by zergs themselves to counter the opposition.

If you think these changes favour smaller numbers, then you’re deluded. This was already stated by the majority on here when they first decided to buff AC’s completely out of the blue.

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Anti-zerg mechanic frequently used by zergs themselves to counter the opposition.

If you think these changes favour smaller numbers, then you’re deluded. This was already stated by the majority on here when they first decided to buff AC’s completely out of the blue.

Zergs can use siege too but you must not WvW much if you haven’t seen a couple guys in a tower with siege fend off a whole Zerg. More siege more quickly favors smaller numbers because zergs never have an issue speed building things, anyway. Now a small group can get up an AC or 2 without someone running in to hit it and prevent it from being fully built because now it needs more supply that a small group doesn’t have.

in WvW

Tellerion.8102

Zergs can use siege too but you must not WvW much if you haven’t seen a couple guys in a tower with siege fend off a whole Zerg. More siege more quickly favors smaller numbers because zergs never have an issue speed building things, anyway. Now a small group can get up an AC or 2 without someone running in to hit it and prevent it from being fully built because now it needs more supply that a small group doesn’t have.

I see your point, but from an attacking pov, it’s close to impossible to fight against well-placed siege inside a tower, unless you of course blob up even more, or find something totally unguarded.

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Roe.3679

That’s sort of the point of defending though, right? And there is always a counter because catas and Trebs have the range to always work around it. Really if the siege is an issue inside it’s because the attacking force is too stubborn to adapt to the situation.

Regardless a small organized group got a little better if they take build mastery and use it properly.

in WvW

Fenrir.6183

Btw, to clear up if somebody missed it, if you have only 2 supplies or the build/repair needs only 2 supplies to fill out you won’t waste 4 (or more depending on rank) of them – the “Uses 4 supplies at once” is a bit misleading.

But you can’t just use 2 supplies on your repair to keep the rest to build a siege or whatever else you might want to keep them for. It’s still a pain even though it’s supposed to help.

I see your point, but from an attacking pov, it’s close to impossible to fight against well-placed siege inside a tower, unless you of course blob up even more, or find something totally unguarded.

You’re being a bit extreme there…if you can’t hit the door, try the walls. And while they repair the damage you’ve done, build other sieges so that they can defend everywhere, they’re losing their supplies. You can kill the dolyaks and get the nearby camps to prevent them from having any more. Also if you outnumber them, they can’t risk trying to destroy your siege (catapults) or well maybe they will but they’ll die and it’ll be easier for you then.
This feels like a real war, cut the supply lines and make a real siege…way funnier than just being able to steamroll the towers / keeps or take them with 4 guys even when there are defenders (i’m looking at you warhammer online).

(edited by Fenrir.6183)

in WvW

Roe.3679

But you can’t just use 2 supplies on your repair to keep the rest to build a siege or whatever else you might want to keep them for. It’s still a pain even though it’s supposed to help.

Then put the points somewhere else, no one is forcing you to take this skill line.

in WvW

Fenrir.6183

So, because i won’t put points in it, i’m not allowed to discuss it ?

in WvW

Roe.3679

You’re complaining about how the skill effects you and is a detriment to what you want to do, so yeah, I do find it weird that you’re QQing about an option you don’t have to take. It’s not like there is a widespread negative effect that you’re discussing.

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

ACs are anti-zerg siege. Zergs are allowed to use anti-zerg siege too. (Just like aircraft can have anti-aircraft missiles.)

The important part is that you don’t need a zerg to use ACs. Three defenders with ACs can bring a 30 man siege to a halt.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Fenrir.6183

You’re complaining about how the skill effects you and is a detriment to what you want to do, so yeah, I do find it weird that you’re QQing about an option you don’t have to take. It’s not like there is a widespread negative effect that you’re discussing.

Discussing != QQing. I’m just discussing the utility of the ranks which i think is near zero.
Btw, it’s “affects” not “effects”.

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Sure, but tbh in 10 months or so of WvW i rarely (never?) had to built 2 supply only in something on purpose.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

I like that they continue to add and diversify the siege aspect of WvW. Of course there are parts I don’t like, parts I do like. It is part of what makes WvW unique, and not just large scale scenario PvP. It is also different from tier to tier which makes it a bit more challenging for the developers

in WvW

Daendur.2357

Siege weapons simply do too much damage to players. It’s stupid and there is no counter (1 useless trait line for a 5% reduction)
You give ppl the possibility to do more damage, and learn more siege skills, please give them also the possibility do avoid damage and counter those skills.
Siege bunker line is stupid atm.