in WvW

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

No way I disagree completely OP. It is completely fair to reward people who have been playing longer (i.e. higher rank) an extra pip especially at those intervals.

It also has the side effect of giving another reason to want higher rank.

Also wvw =/= pvp, and the rank system for each is quite different i dont think it makes a good comparison to say x should be like y.

edit

If anything they probably need to take a look at the outnumbered bonus. As is I do not think it is working as they intended, having that bonus gives you more pips than if you were winning the previous skirmish even…

My suggestion would be to change the skirmish placement pips to 2,3,4 and then bring outnumbered down to 4 (or have the skirmish placement pips at 3,4,5 and leave outnumbered as is)

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

(edited by Goatjugsoup.8637)

in WvW

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

Give us pips while playing EoM too ^(°-°)^

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

This thread brings back memories of threads that popped up all over the place during the first 6 months after launch, which basically broke down to “This isn’t what I’m already familiar with, change it to be like my previous MMO” It’s something that happens to all MMOs, which is why most of them are pretty much carbon copies of each other with different artwork.

There’s a lot of very self absorbed people who play MMOs, and the MMOs themselves steer into that skid. Everything in the games are designed around fluffing up the players’ ego. “You’re the hero. You’re desired and loved by everyone. You’re capable of doing anything. You’re The Chosen One!” It’s a marketing strategy, but it does have a psychological impact. The sheer repetition of these baseless accolades result in people beginning to believe it. That the entire world revolves around them. Simply put, it’s subtle brainwashing. It’s the same concept as having a hoard of “Yes Men” around you constantly.

RP and PvP tends to be different. Everything is the result if your actual actions. If you’re trying to roleplay, say, a doctor, yet know nothing about even basic first aid, no one’s going to take you seriously. If you consistently lose every PvP match, your reputation won’t be that of unstoppable juggernaut. It’s a reality check.

WvW is large scale PvP, and like with both RP and PvP results are what matter, not hype. For the past 5 years, WvW players have been earning a reward. Until recently, that reward never came. Now that it has, and in my opinion it’s been delivered pretty well, those from the other end of the spectrum have shifted in to WvW to get a piece of the pie.

Now, I love the influx of new players. It’s something WvW’s been desperately needing for years, ever since previous sources of new players were cut off. I’ll run with you, I’ll teach you, I’ll lead you, even when you tunnel vision onto an NPC and leave the rest of your group high and dry. And yes, that’s happened numerous times in just the past week alone.

However, you had equal opportunity to earn the same reward, during the entire past 5 years. You chose to focus on other aspects, which provided far greater rewards and still do. I don’t begrudge you for your choice. It was your choice to make, and you made it.
Others chose to focus their time and energy into WvW. It certainly isn’t fair to begrudge others for their choice.

Let’s look at the facts here. Ascended gear is easier to get in PvE. Legendary gear is easier to get in PvE. PvE has more options to acquire ascended gear. So, as far as the actual stats are concerned, PvE still holds the dominant edge in acquisition. Furthermore, gold itself is much easier to come by in PvE. PvE has far few expenses than WvW. So PvE still holds the dominant edge financially as well.

So what does WvW actually get that PvE doesn’t? A single backpack skin. One lone appearance. It’s too much for some players that those who made different choices than them get one singular item that gives no functional advantage. All the while ignoring the numerous unique items they get. It certainly isn’t all PvE players who exhibit this behavior, but it’s glaringly apparent in this thread, and I’ve already explained why.

If you do the job, you get paid. If you do the job long enough, you get raises, you get bonuses, you get promotions. Certain people at entry level positions are demanding to be paid as much chairmen of the board. PvE is where they hype you up and tell you the world revolves around you. RP, PvP, and WvW is where you get the reality checks that let you know that it doesn’t.

Bottom line, if you want more pips, go earn them like everyone else did, don’t “whine to win” and expect much sympathy from those who were neglected while you were catered to. The ONLY changes that need to be made to the current system is to remove the incentive for afking in spawn to collect pips as participation ticks down. (Something that never happened before the sudden influx of players.) And perhaps additional pips for transferring to lower tier servers, to destack the overstacked servers in tier 1, until the 3 week loyalty bonus kicks in. To do anything else is a step backwards after a very good, and desperately needed, step forward, and will leave a bad taste in the mouths of those who have carried the game mode thus far.

in WvW

Posted by: Fade.5904

Fade.5904

A persons WVW server should not be used for pip acquisition. The rewarding of pips should be fair and equally rewarding to all participants regardless of whatever their War Score is ..whatever that means

+1 Your world has the least amount of War Score in the current Skirmish.
+2 Your world has the second most War Score in the current Skirmish.
+3 Your world has the most War Score in the current Skirmish.

This is extremely wrong and the most unfair component in the reward system in all of GW2. Extremely discriminating this is . Please make it an avg amount of pips given to all players regardless of what server you play on – or whether or not your server is winning or loosing the battle or remove this entirely. It is immoral and discriminates against people not playing on stacked servers. Whoever did this needs to give me an explanation. A very good one of why your choosing to discriminate people who aren’t winning the matchup.

Fixed in bold cause we’re all entitled to be winners even if we’re loosing, right?

(edited by Fade.5904)

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Ok.. I think I missed something in one of the updates: can anyone show me where it is required to get the new WvW gear in order to play the game?

I need to scroll back through the patch notes.

in WvW

Posted by: Nils.3478

Nils.3478

I too see a big problem in gaining pips. they should have switched something out, like, instead of more rank = more pips the rank should give you more chests per week. bronze with 2 chests and silver with 3 (more loot) etcpp.
the players should be equally treated, but the higher-ranks should get more loot.
you know what i mean?

German by nature
Guild: Orden der Obsidianflamme [OdO]
Server: Drakkar Lake [DE]

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

I too see a big problem in gaining pips. they should have switched something out, like, instead of more rank = more pips the rank should give you more chests per week. bronze with 2 chests and silver with 3 (more loot) etcpp.
the players should be equally treated, but the higher-ranks should get more loot.
you know what i mean?

More blues and greens? No thanks. Pips work.

in WvW

Posted by: Nils.3478

Nils.3478

you know what i mean?

More blues and greens? No thanks. Pips work.

i meant the skirmish-tickets. but it could also be buff-food or siegeweapons, etc. doenst need to be kitten-loot

German by nature
Guild: Orden der Obsidianflamme [OdO]
Server: Drakkar Lake [DE]

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

Sorry for what? We can discuss fractals, sure. I stepped into fractals when I had to make C&C. What I noticed is it’s instanced. Some fractals is as simple as killing 1 boss. Sure, with a game mode so compartmentalized, it’s easy to measure “skill”.

The problem with WvW is there’s so much more to it than taking towers. There’s roaming, escaping outnumbered, blobbing, taking camps, bleeding supply, havoc groups, commanding, etc. How would you measure this? How would you even go about ranking these aspects in the game mode? Unless you’re some awesome programmer with savant-like algorithm knowledge, you break it down to what we have right now which is WXP. Like it or not, the game mode doesn’t have a metric to determine individual skill. In place, they use the war score so you have to contribute collectively.

This is something you need to get over. It’s not Player vs Player(sPvP), it’s World vs World so of course individual skill means less. That’s where ranking comes in. In no way is it an indication of skill, but it is a fair system which awards experience. And that experienced is measured in ranking. Want higher ranking? Get more WXP. Are you better at that random Gold Recruit you just jumped and killed? Sure you may think so, but you might be a thief and he might be running zerg gear. You talk about cheesing rank as if that’s exclusive to WvW. All the game modes can be cheesed. I addressed this earlier but the higher tier vets are not taking tickets away from me. Sure, they’ll get their’s faster but I’ll get them too.

I am not implying I am better than a gold ranked, that would not even remotely be true.

There’s two different problems that need to stay separated:
All the pips are passive
Whether I work hard to get better or I just keep flipping camps every 5-10 minutes when you start losing your tier, it’s gonna change nothing. You have to “do your time”… that is cheap mechanics.
So why not active pips? Like there are achievements for number of towers flipped, supply caravan killed, successfull defense, repair right? Why not having repeatable achievements?

playtime = rewards
Please. Let’s not pretend high ranked don’t already have perks, they have all their masteries unlocked, and they have access to T3 armor.
Want even more? Okay. I don’t think that’s unfair. Did it have to make all non veteran players need 20, 30 more hours of their time every single week just because of their rank? Now that’s an issue.
To put things in perspective, getting to the last pvp chest takes less time than that, and you have 2 months to do it. Doing raids take you 3/4 hours a week. Let’s say up to 6 hours, and you need 10 weeks which is about 60 hours (being generous), the idea that because it’s wvw you have to commit more hours is fine, but it’s just disproportionate at that point.
wvw exclusive players want a slow, long time goal to work on ? Well let’s not forget that getting the legendary back, all t3 armors and t2 weapons will take nearly 2 years to complete, no matter what. You already have your long time goal.

None of that would actually matter too much if the base commitment wasn’t that huge. I doubt any veteran player actually play 40/50 hours a week, that would be unhealthy to do on a weekly basis. Yes they played for years and ranked up slowly, while others were playing other modes. It doesn’t change the fact that if they were to try these other modes, they would never be asked such a commitment. That is the core of the issue right here.
And at the same time, some of these players will jump at your throat if you dare to mention tomes of knowledge or wxp potions, even though gaining xp that way was a thing before. This certainly doesn’t feel like veterans or even Anet are welcoming new players.

What would be fair instead is skipping entirely this pip bonus non sense and instead giving higher tiers discounts, from like 5% to 33% on all badge/proof/tickets things. And divide pips needed by 7 or more. They still get a decent advantage, but nobody needs to melt their brain anymore to get to last chest (they still need to stay comited). If I’m low rank I now have two options: Rank up fast and enjoy a discount, or not care and pay more tickets. What’s the difference? Tickets are timegated, ranks are not. So I can rank up at my own speed without feeling like I’m losing tickets.

(edited by Deihnyx.6318)

in WvW

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Just throwing this in the mix.

PvP now awards in the top 3 tier end chests Box of Grandmaster Marks (17g/ea to craft)! None of that for the WvW ones though.

Kitten.

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

@Deihnyx
Um, correct me if I’m wrong but these are rewards exclusive to WvW. So, obviously they must dedicate more hours of play time per week in WvW if they want to get the new shiny armor. Also, not all veterans got instant access to all the armor types. Some require the player to be 2000 in rank. But the bottom line here is if the players that are now suddenly wanting to get the new shiny armor must put in the hours that the veterans put in to get where they are now. Just like with raids – put in the time, get good, be successful and get the shiny new armor. And for the back piece the players new to WvW will also need 300 gold to buy a commander tag if they haven’t done so already.
Let’s not forget the cost to get the new shiny armor either – lots of skirmish tickets(capped per week), gold and memories of battle(comes from reward tracks). No player had automatic access without the currency types needed.

My advice – instead of complaining about the pip system for hours and hours here, get into WvW and earn your ranks. Glory awaits.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Deihnyx.6318

@Deihnyx
Um, correct me if I’m wrong but these are rewards exclusive to WvW. So, obviously they must dedicate more hours of play time per week in WvW if they want to get the new shiny armor. Also, not all veterans got instant access to all the armor types. Some require the player to be 2000 in rank. But the bottom line here is if the players that are now suddenly wanting to get the new shiny armor must put in the hours that the veterans put in to get where they are now. Just like with raids – put in the time, get good, be successful and get the shiny new armor. And for the back piece the players new to WvW will also need 300 gold to buy a commander tag if they haven’t done so already.
Let’s not forget the cost to get the new shiny armor either – lots of skirmish tickets(capped per week), gold and memories of battle(comes from reward tracks). No player had automatic access without the currency types needed.

My advice – instead of complaining about the pip system for hours and hours here, get into WvW and earn your ranks. Glory awaits.

Yes those rewards are dedicated to WvW. Yes they have to play more WvW. No 40/50 hours is not reasonable to reach last chest.
2 hours a day would already be a big dedication, bigger than any other mode to “cap” anything. We’re talking 6-8 hours a day here, this is nowhere near reasonable.

Also, if you read carefully what I said, by no means did I say that locking up armors to a rank is bad, I don’t think it is, on the contrary. What is bad is the amount of time needed per week to retrieve tickets.
Let’s all agree it should take longer for casuals or new wvw players to get t3 armor or legendary. It makes perfect sense. But now let’s consider this:
Warbringer is 2800 tickets: 16 weeks of reaching diamond every week.
Let’s say a new player is gonna play 2 hours a day (already more than dedication needed for raids) so 14 hours. And let’s be generous, they finish silver chest. That’s 45 tickets a week for 14 hours of dedication.
That’s about 62 weeks, playing 14 hours a week. Would you still say they need to play more?
Cause that is basically what you guys are saying. You gotta play even more than that to get remotely close to something, and that I do not agree with. These numbers aren’t even close to raids.

It has to stay fun for everyone. We can make it work so it allows veterans to get more without discouraging new players.

I understand that veterans want to capitalize on all the months they’ve played but retroactively expecting players to be high rank in order to not have to spend a whole job on a mode is nowhere near fair. The discount system is way more fair. Nobody lose timegated loot if they commit to the mode every week, but vets still get more out of them while new players have to rank up if they want to make the most of them.

Also thanks for making my point :p I’m complaining while playing it. That’s the “Glory” of it, you get pips by just flipping camps because there’s no incentive to do otherwise, and it’s not prime time anyway. (And for the record i did play 16 hours this weekend since reset. I think that commitment enough?)

(edited by Deihnyx.6318)

in WvW

Posted by: Ninjablob.9321

Ninjablob.9321

I am fine with higher rewards for higher ranks, thats something to look forward to that motivates you to progress.
In PvE a lot of content is time/level-gated too, like additional traits, skills, dungeons.
Except – and thats a very big except – even if you take a leisurly stroll through the world, talk to every npc, 100% every map that you enter, you can get to max level and unlock all waypoints and dungeons in a couple months tops.
In WvW the best i could manage with stacked XP boosters was 4 ranks per hour, that means if i grind it for 4 hours every day i can “look forward to” reaching max rank in about 2 years
Thanks, but no thanks, the game might not even exist at that point or the game mode will be patched into oblivion and end up vastly different making all that grind go to waste.
Max rank 1000 is well attainable with some dedication, rank 10000 is absolutely kittened, even if you make XP tomes work in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

I feel like WvW Vets already know we are in for the long haul for the shinies and PVE players just don’t seem to understand the actual grind. Yeah it sucks for us Vets as much as it does for you folks coming in. The difference is we who have played this game mode for a long time are used to getting zero to no rewards so this system is fine, we will get it eventually.

Expecting to leap into a well established game mode and reap all the benefits in a “Reasonable Time Frame” is ludicrous to us and should be to you as well.

<3

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

if you make XP tomes work in wvw

if you make tomes of knowledge instantly grant you a rank, you instantly hit rank 10k, because leveling up gives you a tok :p

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

A persons WVW rank should not be used for pip acquisition. The rewarding of pips should be fair and equally rewarding to all participants.

+1 Bronze WvW Rank (150-619)
+2 Silver WvW Rank (620-1394)
+3 Gold WvW Rank (1395-2544)
+4 Platinum WvW Rank (2545-4094)
+5 Mithril WvW Rank (4095-6444)
+6 Diamond WvW Rank (6445-9999)
+7 Max WvW Rank (10000)

This is extremely wrong and the most unfair component in the reward system in all of GW2. If this is the case I should be recieving more pips in pvp based on my rank and more gold and rares in pve based on my AP. Extremely discriminating this is . Please make it an avg amount of pips given to all players all remove this entirely. It is immoral and discriminates against new players. Whoever did this needs to give me an explanation. A very good one of why your choosing to discriminate other players.

=====
This user makes a stronger argument ; Posted for visibility-

The main issue isn’t that higher ranks earn rewards faster. The issue is that, at the lower end, the total time to complete the reward track for an average player is too much even for extensive playtimes. Getting high rank should be a marginal increase in speed. In contrast right now higher rank is significantly involved in whether a player has to play 10, 20, or 40 hours in a week.

Looking at my pip gain in silver—between 33% and 50% of my total pips are due to my rank. If I was in gold I would be earning over 50% of my pips from my rank. I also play a fair bit on outnumbered maps because I solo and group roam more often than not to support my team. The largest pip gains are outnumbered (largest share of pips earned) followed by slightly less pips from rank.

The problem is multiplicative. I get 2 pips per tick at silver. In the time a bronze player earns 60, I earn 120. Gold earns 180. Platinum earns 240.

The reward track assumes players will earn “enough” pips at a certain playtime per day.

3 pips per tick is 40.27 hours
5 pips per tick is 24.16 hours
7 pips per tick is 16.9 hours
9 pips per tick is 13.42 hours

Roughly 10 hours of WvW per week to max out rewards seems reasonable. Maybe even up to 15. So in the 8-10 pips per tick range. Say you average 2 for skirmish position, 1 for loyalty, 2 for rank and 2 on average for being outnumbered sometimes. If even a middle ranked player can’t max out the rewards in a reasonable period of time there is a problem.

Not all players should max out the reward track each week. But low rank players need to see middle rank players maxing out rewards within a reasonable time as a incentive to rank up. It is hardly good motivation to tell a new player “if you just get 2000 ranks you can maybe max out the rewards in a week if you play 8 hours.”

I also think it is poor manners to tell other players how they need to suck it up when the higher ranked players can get full rewards merely playing 8 hours and everyone else has to play two to three times as long. There is a legitimate problem here.

But you do get more gold and rares in PVE for having more AP – it’s called account gold and magic find.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

None of these complaining pvers ever mentioned all the world buffs we vet wvw players accumulated forthem over the past years. Now we vet wvw players get something in return ( quicker rewards, not more) its boohoo unfair. Get over it and grind for it if you want something.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

I love WvW. I just feel discouraged because it takes 20-30 hours a week to hit cap, and I just can’t hit the cap weekly. I think just from a general life perspective it’s ludicrous to have that extreme of a time requirement.

It’s impossible to hit without playing this one game mode 4+ hours a day. This shouldn’t be the case, because it seriously impacts a person’s health, and isn’t good for people with jobs, and an active life.

An MMO is already a time commitment, why make it a literal second job?

in WvW

Posted by: Nana.9512

Nana.9512

I actually still think ANet has pretty well calculated the amount of playtime it takes to hit the pip cap. Yes, it takes long and it suckes for all WvW Vets, who get finaly rewarded, but only slowly and with much investment.
But just imagine everybody could hit the cap easily in a relative short time. The WvW would be crowded with players just for the grind and probably with no love for the game mode at all. Getting to the cap has to be a bit ludicrous to discourage this kind of behavior or WvW would turn into an ascended gear farm.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I just can’t hit the cap weekly.

Trajan anticipated your comment in his/her original post:

we who have played this game mode for a long time are used to getting zero to no rewards so this system is fine, we will get it eventually.

You don’t have to hit the cap weekly. You will still get it eventually.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Spare kitten ears of pipping kittens talking kitten pips, please.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

we who have played this game mode for a long time are used to getting zero to no rewards so this system is fine, we will get it eventually.

Correct. Kam, you are making two choices here.
-1. To get the tickets in the first place.
-2. To try to hit the cap.

The game doesn’t require either. Don’t do it as ‘a second job’. Do it because you want to, and the difference between now and 6 months ago, is that there IS a reward for the time you DO put in.

in WvW

Kam.4092

I actually still think ANet has pretty well calculated the amount of playtime it takes to hit the pip cap. Yes, it takes long and it suckes for all WvW Vets, who get finaly rewarded, but only slowly and with much investment.
But just imagine everybody could hit the cap easily in a relative short time. The WvW would be crowded with players just for the grind and probably with no love for the game mode at all. Getting to the cap has to be a bit ludicrous to discourage this kind of behavior or WvW would turn into an ascended gear farm.

Using the term “it sucks” shouldn’t be used when saying something about a game. We play for fun.

It discourages both sides.

in WvW

Kam.4092

The game doesn’t require either. Don’t do it as ‘a second job’. Do it because you want to, and the difference between now and 6 months ago, is that there IS a reward for the time you DO put in.

I love the game mode, and will still play it, but I can’t get past the 2nd or 3rd chest weekly. It feels like I’m wasting my time there if I can’t actually get anywhere. Only getting 20-45 tickets a week isn’t really much.

I’d only like weapon skins, and armor skins, but at the current rate, it’d be years for someone like me being unable to put the required time in for capping weekly.

Other game modes are way more rewarding, and I think WvW should be as rewarding for all types of players wanting to do it, for both veterans and newcomers.

An influx of players is good for any game mode. Sure some will leave, but many newcomers will no doubt get hooked and have a blast. I just think tickets should be rewarded more often for chest rewards, instead of all at the end.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

I love the game mode, and will still play it, but I can’t get past the 2nd or 3rd chest weekly. It feels like I’m wasting my time there if I can’t actually get anywhere. Only getting 20-45 tickets a week isn’t really much.

I’d only like weapon skins, and armor skins, but at the current rate, it’d be years for someone like me being unable to put the required time in for capping weekly.

Other game modes are way more rewarding, and I think WvW should be as rewarding for all types of players wanting to do it, for both veterans and newcomers.

An influx of players is good for any game mode. Sure some will leave, but many newcomers will no doubt get hooked and have a blast. I just think tickets should be rewarded more often for chest rewards, instead of all at the end.

Agreed that an influx is good.

Other game modes have Always been more rewarding.

I am on record in here as saying that intra tuer chest rewards would be OK instead of just at the end of bronze/silver/etc

But decreasing the overall time? Decreasing the PiP requirements, decreasing ticket closet? No to all of these.

Getting the skins fast isn’t the answer.

in WvW

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

That logic is a little faulty though. The game doesn’t require you to do any achievement or farm for any shiny. But that doesn’t mean those achievements can’t be reasonable. I think a lot of us enjoy the challenge of pursuing something, but there’s always a balance to that. Anet initially sold their game on the premise that it wasn’t grindy like other mmo s

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

How is getting a reward while playing a game mode you love grindy?

You don’t have to farm the same content over and over, waiting for RNG to bless you. You just… Play.

No, you aren’t going to have the shiny overnight. That’s OK. There’s more content and shiny in the game than most players will ever have time to complete. That’s what the word “massive” is supposed to mean.

Would I like to get to the weekly cap faster? Yes. But at the end of the day, compared to many other games, this is not a grind.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

That logic is a little faulty though. The game doesn’t require you to do any achievement or farm for any shiny. But that doesn’t mean those achievements can’t be reasonable. I think a lot of us enjoy the challenge of pursuing something, but there’s always a balance to that. Anet initially sold their game on the premise that it wasn’t grindy like other mmo s

This is Grindy by choice. Logically, the skins offer you no benefit. So, it doesn’t go against ANETs premise.

in WvW

Posted by: ZhouX.8742

ZhouX.8742

A persons WVW rank should not be used for pip acquisition. The rewarding of pips should be fair and equally rewarding to all participants.

+1 Bronze WvW Rank (150-619)
+2 Silver WvW Rank (620-1394)
+3 Gold WvW Rank (1395-2544)
+4 Platinum WvW Rank (2545-4094)
+5 Mithril WvW Rank (4095-6444)
+6 Diamond WvW Rank (6445-9999)
+7 Max WvW Rank (10000)

This is extremely wrong and the most unfair component in the reward system in all of GW2. If this is the case I should be recieving more pips in pvp based on my rank and more gold and rares in pve based on my AP. Extremely discriminating this is . Please make it an avg amount of pips given to all players all remove this entirely. It is immoral and discriminates against new players. Whoever did this needs to give me an explanation. A very good one of why your choosing to discriminate other players.

=====
This user makes a stronger argument ; Posted for visibility-

The main issue isn’t that higher ranks earn rewards faster. The issue is that, at the lower end, the total time to complete the reward track for an average player is too much even for extensive playtimes. Getting high rank should be a marginal increase in speed. In contrast right now higher rank is significantly involved in whether a player has to play 10, 20, or 40 hours in a week.

Looking at my pip gain in silver—between 33% and 50% of my total pips are due to my rank. If I was in gold I would be earning over 50% of my pips from my rank. I also play a fair bit on outnumbered maps because I solo and group roam more often than not to support my team. The largest pip gains are outnumbered (largest share of pips earned) followed by slightly less pips from rank.

The problem is multiplicative. I get 2 pips per tick at silver. In the time a bronze player earns 60, I earn 120. Gold earns 180. Platinum earns 240.

The reward track assumes players will earn “enough” pips at a certain playtime per day.

3 pips per tick is 40.27 hours
5 pips per tick is 24.16 hours
7 pips per tick is 16.9 hours
9 pips per tick is 13.42 hours

Roughly 10 hours of WvW per week to max out rewards seems reasonable. Maybe even up to 15. So in the 8-10 pips per tick range. Say you average 2 for skirmish position, 1 for loyalty, 2 for rank and 2 on average for being outnumbered sometimes. If even a middle ranked player can’t max out the rewards in a reasonable period of time there is a problem.

Not all players should max out the reward track each week. But low rank players need to see middle rank players maxing out rewards within a reasonable time as a incentive to rank up. It is hardly good motivation to tell a new player “if you just get 2000 ranks you can maybe max out the rewards in a week if you play 8 hours.”

I also think it is poor manners to tell other players how they need to suck it up when the higher ranked players can get full rewards merely playing 8 hours and everyone else has to play two to three times as long. There is a legitimate problem here.

But you do get more gold and rares in PVE for having more AP – it’s called account gold and magic find.

Yes and you can get ascended and precursors in rank up chests already as well as reward tracks which basically give you free obsidian shards and mystic clovers without ever having to step foot in PvE , also completing various “zones” by getting their skins without ever stepping foot in their zones as well as obtaining their currency (Bitterfrost, Doric)…

Yes , but the horrible scaled magic find and the 2% gold bonus is insane , gasp!

I agree with most people here you have to grind for what you want, so I’m sort of against being just handed over some ascended stuff , really because WvW’s playerbase is literally JUST ABOVE the AI of PvE mobs but comparing like this is just stupid because you’ve been getting many rewards simply for farming towers (karma farming also btw) over and over which is what WvW became just after the 1st 6 months of it’s existence when the competitive players deserted it after realizing it’s inconsistencies and horrid balancing and lack of rewards (since people here were referring to entitlement).

After that though, WvW has since become just a glorified Crown Pavilion farm where “PvPers” can talk about “PvErs” (when in reality most WvWers PvE also , most have 186 masteries and raid frequently and do their dailies and fractals so this is just such a silly topic to begin with) in a lower fashion when the reality is WvW’s playerbase , again , is literally just above the threshold of AI based PvE mobs.

Tanbin

(edited by ZhouX.8742)

in WvW

Heibi.4251

I think a nice idea to stop all of this bickering would be to have a chance for skirmish tickets to drop from players and lords of towers, keeps and Stonemist. 1-5 tickets, like badges of honor.

But to those complaining about reward tied to rank – simply capping camps will not rank you up very fast. You need to run with the commanders and learn what is really done in WvW. Learn about building siege, getting supplies, staying alive, builds for WvW, and how fun it can actually be to be in WvW. You’ll actually stop worrying about the pips while you play. And before you know it you’ll have played long enough to get the new shinies.

On a side note – many commanders want people in TS or Discord with them. They advertise it. You don’t need to talk(mute your microphone), just listen to the commander and you will know what is going on and won’t be left behind.(Don’t bring up not wanting to hear bad language and the like, that isn’t what I’m discussing. There’s a whole thread dedicated to that already). Join a guild that does WvW – they will gladly help you get outfitted and tell you the most effective builds.

(edited by Heibi.4251)

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Can’t we just support the people coming in, instead of belittling them and judging their intentions for coming into WvW?

I get confused with all the, “WvW is a dead game mode not as many people play it, and I am bored” topics on the forums, yet, when new people come in it’s, “Get out of our game mode, pleb!!!” Make up your mind, do you want a dead game mode or do you want some fresh loot bags? Either way, getting new people into WvW is a good thing, and you can’t help peoples opinions, seeing as how there are stark differences between rewards in PvE and rewards in WvW.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: ZhouX.8742

ZhouX.8742

I think a nice idea to stop all of this bickering would be to have a chance for skirmish tickets to drop from players and lords of towers, keeps and Stonemist. 1-5 tickets, like badges of honor.

But to those complaining about reward tied to rank – simply capping camps will not rank you up very fast. You need to run with the commanders and learn what is really done in WvW. Learn about building siege, getting supplies, staying alive, builds for WvW, and how fun it can actually be to be in WvW. You’ll actually stop worrying about the pips while you play. And before you know it you’ll have played long enough to get the new shinies.

On a side note – many commanders want people in TS or Discord with them. They advertise it. You don’t need to talk(mute your microphone), just listen to the commander and you will know what is going on and won’t be left behind.(Don’t bring up not wanting to hear bad language and the like, that isn’t what I’m discussing. There’s a whole thread dedicated to that already). Join a guild that does WvW – they will gladly help you get outfitted and tell you the most effective builds.

Yes, running to 2 objectives and hitting the interact button.. So tough!!! WvW so hard guys! Stop trying to make this deeper than what it actually is , WvW is easy as hell.

Tanbin

in WvW

Heibi.4251

Yes, running to 2 objectives and hitting the interact button.. So tough!!! WvW so hard guys! Stop trying to make this deeper than what it actually is , WvW is easy as hell.

Um, apparently you have never run into any player groups on the map that stop you from taking objectives. The only interact button is with siege – you apparently also have never really done much other than sit at spawn after getting some participation. I’m sure plenty of players would love to show you their finishers.

in WvW

Heibi.4251

Not only time you DO put in, but time you DID put in.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

WvW vets should get faster PiP rewards because for 4+ years rewards in WvW were non-existent. Keep telling me how unfair it is when I had to PvE for years (which I don’t particularly enjoy) to fund my WvW play.

PvE and to some extent PvP have been swimming in better rewards for years. WvW players finally get some love and some come in here QQ’ing about fairness. Typical.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Gaining these rewards is just a matter of time just like any other rewards in this game. That is, if you are actually enjoying the content you have to run for it.
People want to collect all of the rewards, even from parts of the game they don’t particullarly enjoy. And that is exactly why they complain constantly and about pretty much anything.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I’d like the ‘reset each week’ element removed so that it works more like a reward track – but that you can only complete once a week. Might mean you lose out on a few chests if you complete on day one, but at least you finally got through a whole run.

As many have said they play the game mode for the love of it, no vet should have any complaints about this change.

The fact that there is a 250% difference between a gold rank (who probably played as much if not more than the omniblob spam 1 stay in a blob bandwagonner) and top rank in the blobbiest server needs to be addressed at some point (but most likely won’t be).

I’m kinda sitting it out until the q’s die down as I don’t have endless hours to burn waiting in a q. When we start to see outmanned maps again, then I can consider playing as at least if I can stay on outmanned map I’ll earn almost as may pips as the onmiblob bandwagon (even if nowhere near as many shinies or wexp from blob fights).

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Deihnyx.6318

You guys are really ignoring the core of the issue, or are refusing to see it. It’s not hard for anyone to see that the core requirement is way higher than it should be, way higher than any other mode.

So yes, keep you ranked bonus, no problem at all, but they have to make the standard weekly requirement match what you would expect from a normal WvW player. And it’s not 40/50 hours.

Also please stop turning that into pve/pvp war. pve players never said you should not get loot. And not getting loot would have to be a discussion too. You get a decent amount of clovers, ascended loot and other stuff as well.
Also pve doesn’t necessarily mean “does not enjoy pvp” it merely means “pve mode as main mode” that doesn’t mean they never did wvw ever or aren’t enjoying it. It can also means they’ve played spvp and want to try something else, there are many reasons to be low ranked. NONE of them deserves bad-mouthing.

in WvW

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

You guys are really ignoring the core of the issue, or are refusing to see it. It’s not hard for anyone to see that the core requirement is way higher than it should be, way higher than any other mode.

So yes, keep you ranked bonus, no problem at all, but they have to make the standard weekly requirement match what you would expect from a normal WvW player. And it’s not 40/50 hours.

Also please stop turning that into pve/pvp war. pve players never said you should not get loot. And not getting loot would have to be a discussion too. You get a decent amount of clovers, ascended loot and other stuff as well.
Also pve doesn’t necessarily mean “does not enjoy pvp” it merely means “pve mode as main mode” that doesn’t mean they never did wvw ever or aren’t enjoying it. It can also means they’ve played spvp and want to try something else, there are many reasons to be low ranked. NONE of them deserves bad-mouthing.

Absolutely!
I enjoy all of gw2. I’m not a high WvW rank. I still enjoy it though, and would like to earn rewards in a reasonable time frame. The Tickets/week is what bothers me the most, closely followed by pips. Higher rankers, sure feel free to let them progress faster but 30-40hrs/week with my pip reward is a joke. That’s a full time job right there.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

in WvW

Posted by: revox.8273

revox.8273

this is amazing… how people want to have it all.
its NOT about pips, its about enjoying this kitten game mode. from my perspective there is only 1 reason, u just want to farm some skins asap and then leave.
im not a high wvw lvl, im only 330 and barely finished the silver chest last week but it doesnt matter, i started to wvw because i like the game mode and even transfered to another server just for this
i dont care how much time it will take me to get the backpiece, even tho i rly want it.

there is no discrimination here, this is the apreciation Anet has for the ppl that stayed in wvw at its darkest days. discrimination would be if u could get 7 pips for tick and have no weekly limit on how many tickets u can get.

in WvW

Deihnyx.6318

this is amazing… how people want to have it all.

I DO enjoy the mode, I played it for hours this week with commanders, had fun and all, in bronze so it’s not like if I had started yesterday either, that doesn’t change the fact that wvw tickets are timegated (unlike ascended shards in pvp) and as such requiring that much time a week is simply unreasonable.

Reminder if you want to “have it all”:
T3 skins + T2 weapon skins + legendary backpack = almost 2 years of farming tickets. That’s if you get to diamond every single week.
You’re gonna tell me it’s not reasonable to say that 40 hours a week is excessive?

in WvW

Posted by: revox.8273

revox.8273

this is wvw my friend, everything is a very very long term goal, even the titles. it has been like this from day 1

in WvW

Deihnyx.6318

Long term goals are great!
However they have to remain achievable.

The game is not exactly brand new, we can assume it will live another 3, 4 years maybe? More I hope. But anyway. If you play “at your speed” and put up 14 hours a week, 2 hours a day, which is already quite the dedication (and I hope wvw vets would stop calling that “pvers”) it would still be far than enough at the end of the journey.

And that is the issue here. It’s not that you need to catch up, it’s that the timegated stuff you’re gonna need in mass is mostly locked out till you catch up. And that is unfair. Any new player should be allowed to put up their time every week, and slowly catch up to the regular WvW players.

Again, just give discounts to high ranked, that is far more efficient and doesn’t put time pressure on everyone to complete their chest. A maximum of 10 to 20 hours a week (depending who wins) should be more than enough to be proof of “dedication”

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Just….. gonna put this out here. Originally, for the titles, someone would have to play 24/7 for around 8 years straight to get the yak slapper title. 56 years to get the title for attacking SM. Someone broke down the math a couple years back, which was pretty eye opening. They eventually changed the requirements. But… yeah. That’s… how long term WvW rewards roll.

By comparison, 14 weeks doesn’t seem too bad now, huh?

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

I agree that the based pips need to be adjusted to shorten the required play time for newer players. I do not agree that the veteran bonus should be any less ahead of new players than it is now.

IE, if base pips are tuned up to+5, bronze players should be getting +5 on top of the new base, etc for all ranks above.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Deihnyx.6318

Just….. gonna put this out here. Originally, for the titles, someone would have to play 24/7 for around 8 years straight to get the yak slapper title. 56 years to get the title for attacking SM. Someone broke down the math a couple years back, which was pretty eye opening. They eventually changed the requirements. But… yeah. That’s… how long term WvW rewards roll.

8 years wow… that reminds me of some gw1 pvp titles…
But yeah 16 weeks is only for the backpack
And again I don’t mind the two years, and I don’t mind high ranks getting things faster, I’m just an advocate of not having timegated stuff requiring crazy amount of hours per week, aka more than you would ask a regular WvW player.
All the love !

in WvW

Posted by: Klypto.1703

Klypto.1703

This is nothing more than elitists seeing there is something they do not have over other players wanting it taken from them. So I really hope that anet sticks to the current setup with ranks and pip acquisition. Especially since without the rewards these players complaining about it would never have had any interest in the game mode.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

This is nothing more than elitists seeing there is something they do not have over other players wanting it taken from them. So I really hope that anet sticks to the current setup with ranks and pip acquisition. Especially since without the rewards these players complaining about it would never have had any interest in the game mode.

I think we can separate out this conversation from the “elitists” trying to take something from other players such as the OP’s post and a more constructive discussion regarding the high weekly time requirement it takes with only base pips.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Out-manned pip hunting has made my weekend mornings so much more enjoyable. Normally my server has a hard time getting people to play wvw outside of NA prime, but now that we can get 5 extra pips when out-manned people will actually come out to run havoc in the borderlands. Don’t get me wrong, I still don’t get max tickets unless I grind them out, but at least I have people to play with now.

I get that people want to get the items quickly, but I for one can be patient and get the pieces when I finally have enough tickets. I was playing the game mode primarily before, i will continue to do so. It’s nice now knowing that there are good rewards waiting for me without having to rely on RNG.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Rewards are very much achievable. You just can’t have every reward within a short amount of time.