Can i play in lower tier wvw?

in WvW

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

I’m bad and I’m getting crapped on by all these ascended geared beta players with 20 different buffs on them and i want to play against bad players like me until im good enough for the server im on. How can i do that?

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Edge of the Mists

in WvW

King Noob IV.3560

Edge of the Mists

People roam there?

in WvW

Deli.1302

It’s the only place you’re gonna find bad players unless you transfer to a low tier server.

in WvW

King Noob IV.3560

It’s the only place you’re gonna find bad players unless you transfer to a low tier server.

Aight guess ill go for Edge of mists. Dont want to have to pay twice for transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

So you assume people on low tier are generally bad, because they play on a low tier?

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

So you assume people on low tier are generally bad, because they play on a low tier?

To be fair, they are on average less good lol. Dh spent years in t6/7 before we ascended as far as t3, we’ve fought t5 servers really recently, and the skill levels seem to be much higher in the higher tiers. In fact, the servers made fun of for being bad tend to be better than bronze servers to be honest. I don’t mean to be offensive, but imo the skill level is definitely lower the lower you go. That’s rationally explained too, by the fact that the higher you go the more people there are, more people = more fights, more fights = more practice to get gudder. It’s funny, because I know many pug zergs in higher tiers that can easily wipe even numbered guild groups from lower tier (Tryden zerg from Dh, Bannok zerg from SBI, Nacho zerg from Mag etc etc…).

It’s not always the case that the higher ranked the better, but it’s a general rule of thumb that has definitely held true as I’ve witnessed Dh rise from t7/6 to t3/4/5. I’d say T3 > T4 > T5 >>>> T6 ? T7 ? T8. T5 servers (specifically EBay) don’t seem that far behind, while specific T6 servers (from what I’ve seen) seem absolutely horrendous (I won’t say which servers in specific). Don’t mean to sound condescending, this is just my honest observation.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Offair.2563

More people = more fights yes, but that does not mean they are generally better just because they can field more people at any given time. For example last couple of months i had some new players getting in our roam guild transfering from Fissure of Woe/Vabbi. And i can tell you, they are way better roamers then you can think off.

So it is still an assumption people on lower tier are generally bad vs higher tiers.

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I have that opinion that the lower tier, the lower average skill. I don’t assume, it’s what I’ve seen when playing on both EU/NA server in gold/silver and bronze.

There are more fights in higher tiers and also people tend to transfer higher up the longer they play wvw. A seasoned veteran tends to be better than a rank 20 player.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Arius.7031

More people = more fights yes, but that does not mean they are generally better just because they can field more people at any given time. For example last couple of months i had some new players getting in our roam guild transfering from Fissure of Woe/Vabbi. And i can tell you, they are way better roamers then you can think off.

So it is still an assumption people on lower tier are generally bad vs higher tiers.

I’d say it’s incorrect that they’re generally bad, but that they’re generally less good? I think that’s a fair statement to make. I don’t make this statement out of ignorance, I’ve fought lower tier servers, I was a part of one, now I’m a part of a mid tier server. When Dh got to higher tiers, we were totally unprepared and regularly got rekt in every even number engagement.

I can’t speak for EU, but in NA I believe the higher you go generally the better, with obvious exceptions. More roamers = generally more fights, do you not agree? And do you not agree, that a person with more fights is generally gonna be better than a person with less (just generally)? I think the argument is pretty sound for lower tiers being generally worse than higher ones (that and my experience of it for me, but that’s anecdotal).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Deli.1302

Most players in low tier servers are casual and do not play in an environment that requires a great amount of skill so there is no incentive or necessity to improve. This is a well known fact.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

What a bunch of bull kitten. I’ve fought on every tier, the higher tiers have more organized zergs, basically more people running the right builds and gear. But the average skill level of their roamers is pathetic. Solo roamers are almost non existent.

The roam game is much stronger in bronze because there is a lot more roaming action. When I was in the upper tiers people would WP or put on their nike’s as soon as they saw me and call in a ten man group before engaging a solo roamer. When I’d call them out on it they would say crap like roaming isn’t about fighting and that I was ”scouted”.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Redg.9807

Redg.9807

OP is talking about roaming, and more likely about solo roaming… not ZvZ.
As someone that transferred a few tiers down I can tell you that the lvl player is the same as long as we are talking about roaming.
You are just less likely to get your fights interrupted by a zerg and it’s easier to troll them.

“Another testament to my greatness !”
Enid Asuran Trollz [Join] The Asuran Fanclub

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

Most players in low tier servers are casual and do not play in an environment that requires a great amount of skill so there is no incentive or necessity to improve. This is a well known fact.

And I have totally different experience on this.

I moved from bottom silver to gold and the playstyle in gold feels a lot more passive and casual. It’s mostly about blobbing and zerging.

It’s not that rare to see people go all kitten kitten when there is no commanders around. People ask wheres commander, can someone tag up etc., feels like nobody knows what to do unless there is a tag in the map. I suppose zerglings need their Hive mind.

Roaming is harder. Not because of the skill, but because of the amount of players. It’s really hard to find good roaming experiences and soloroaming is nearly impossible and when you move as a party you have to whack so much random people to meet that one semi good fight and half way you get interrupted by a wave of random players making it a 4v20.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in WvW

Offair.2563

If it is a well known fact, why do some people have another opinion on it then you have? Can you show some evidence on this well known fact? If not, it is still your assumption. And like Jimhunter said, fighting higher tiers increase the chance of nike classes and people with wp mastery 5/5. Good and bad players are everywhere no matter which tier you will hit so stop saying people on low tier are generally bad.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Edge of the Mists

People roam there?

People who can’t win in real WvW roam there, just like guilds who raid there.

The majority of players in EOTM are one or a few of the following: upleveled, new to the profession and still practicing, new to the game as a whole or new to the game mode. Most players in Edge are at least upleveled and new to Gw2. In other words, there are few that will put up a worthy fight unless they’re well seasoned in the MMO genre and can quickly grasp the mechanics, which isn’t as rare as you might think. Still, most players in Edge are horrible regardless of whether they’re 80 or not. People who roam there are usually looking for easy bags to boost their ego, same with guilds.

That’s not to say every roamer you cross in Edge will be crappy but the majority of them are pretty mediocre. I’m no hell myself and I’ve roamed in Edge before for the heck of it and I can definitely confirm most people there are pretty meh. So you may cross some good players here and there that wipe the floor with you but most of them should be around your skill floor.

Don’t bother fighting any [EotM] or [HK] members though, all of them run unless they have a zerg behind them.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Dipdoo.4861

Dipdoo.4861

Higher tier servers have better coverage, numbers, and organization. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that their players are outright better than those on lower tier servers.
Just putting that out there for both the OP and those going back and forth.

Big Cat Dipdoo ~ Warrior, Caeda Ripstep ~ Revenant, Braum Has Arrived ~ Guardian [SQD]
“It’s time to Rim Ram their Jim Jams.”

in WvW

Posted by: rhejeckt.5791

rhejeckt.5791

I was in Silver for many moons until the 4 T2 debacle which pretty much destroyed a server that I called home. I started a new account in Bronze. I am not a pve fan so wvw is why I play GW2. I believe that I have become a better player due to this transfer. I am not afraid to roam even though I am a glass canon in my profession. There are very solid guilds. I am actually enjoying WVW again. GVG guilds are great but they raid for a few hours here & there then go wherever and do whatever GVG guilds do. I tried another Silver server and it was deju-vu for me. Spent a week there b4 I transferred again. Bronze may not have 24/7 coverage, but the match-ups are more even. We might get stomped on some off hours, but usually come back during our “On” hours. I imagine that it is all a matter of preference deciding what server to play. But, to state that lower servers are not as good is a misconception. They might not have the people of higher tiers, but they also don’t have the ques. So, to each his own.

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

To be fair, they are on average less good lol. Dh spent years in t6/7 before we ascended as far as t3, we’ve fought t5 servers really recently, and the skill levels seem to be much higher in the higher tiers. In fact, the servers made fun of for being bad tend to be better than bronze servers to be honest. I don’t mean to be offensive, but imo the skill level is definitely lower the lower you go. That’s rationally explained too, by the fact that the higher you go the more people there are, more people = more fights, more fights = more practice to get gudder. It’s funny, because I know many pug zergs in higher tiers that can easily wipe even numbered guild groups from lower tier (Tryden zerg from Dh, Bannok zerg from SBI, Nacho zerg from Mag etc etc…).

It’s not always the case that the higher ranked the better, but it’s a general rule of thumb that has definitely held true as I’ve witnessed Dh rise from t7/6 to t3/4/5. I’d say T3 > T4 > T5 >>>> T6 ? T7 ? T8. T5 servers (specifically EBay) don’t seem that far behind, while specific T6 servers (from what I’ve seen) seem absolutely horrendous (I won’t say which servers in specific). Don’t mean to sound condescending, this is just my honest observation.

I dare you to find a lower-tier guild group with numbers even to the SBI, Mag, or Dh zergs. You’d have to stick a guild group in there with 60-80 people. Where are you finding a guild like that? [WAL] from CD maybe? Because that is the only one I can think of.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Arius.7031

I dare you to find a lower-tier guild group with numbers even to the SBI, Mag, or Dh zergs. You’d have to stick a guild group in there with 60-80 people. Where are you finding a guild like that? [WAL] from CD maybe? Because that is the only one I can think of.

[GSCH] from SoR runs [WAL] numbers give or take a few. EBay’s 2 main guildg roups both field more numbers than any single Dh guild except RIOT (Woe fields 20+ and CoT fields more). Bard/OMEN from SoR field numbers comparable to RIOT.

The problem for lower tier servers (the ones I’ve encountered anyway) isn’t that their guild groups aren’t large enough, it’s that there’s not enough of them. SoR is basically Bard/OMEN/GSCH and that’s it, period (not literally, but that’s the majority of their wvw pop).

I’ve attached a pic of one of gsch’s raids that I saw, not their highest numbers, but still large enough to make my point I think. They’re popping orange swords on razer solo, and there’s way more than just 25 there lolz.

Attachments:

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I have been on several servers in various tiers. What I’ve witnessed: higher tiers have more organized zergs, with a mix of good and bad roamers/havoc… That is to be expected with a high population. Roamers in lower tiers are mostly good because they have to be; they’re often alone or in a small group. Lower tiers tend to have more knowledgeable/veteran players, and the regulars all know each other and can work together easily.

When a new player asks what server to choose for wvw, they are usually pointed to the top 6 servers, so it makes sense for higher tiers to have more newbies, aka less skilled players. Players who stick to the lower tiers usually have been around a while and have decided that’s the wvw experience they prefer.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I’d say it’s incorrect that they’re generally bad, but that they’re generally less good? I think that’s a fair statement to make. I don’t make this statement out of ignorance, I’ve fought lower tier servers, I was a part of one, now I’m a part of a mid tier server. When Dh got to higher tiers, we were totally unprepared and regularly got rekt in every even number engagement.

I can’t speak for EU, but in NA I believe the higher you go generally the better, with obvious exceptions. More roamers = generally more fights, do you not agree? And do you not agree, that a person with more fights is generally gonna be better than a person with less (just generally)? I think the argument is pretty sound for lower tiers being generally worse than higher ones (that and my experience of it for me, but that’s anecdotal).

oh dear, dont you start falling into the “rating = skilled roamers” trap now… roaming isnt any more or less skilled in high tiers, just the chance that someone (or enough someones to kill you no matter what) actually responds is close to 100%. in low tiers its more like 10%, until you take every camp and start hitting a tower.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

in WvW

Arius.7031

oh dear, dont you start falling into the “rating = skilled roamers” trap now… roaming isnt any more or less skilled in high tiers, just the chance that someone (or enough someones to kill you no matter what) actually responds is close to 100%. in low tiers its more like 10%, until you take every camp and start hitting a tower.

Lol it’s just my opinion. The most skilled roaming servers in the game that I’ve fought are NSP, IoJ, and Mag. IoJ I consider a silver server since that’s where they’ve spent the majority of their recent time. Old school FC was a really good roaming server, but that time has long passed (many left, only a few like yourself/nia apparently still remain). Tell me, what are some REALLY (and I mean that word, like Yarr from FC or BS from ET in olden days) good roaming guilds from lower tiers can you think of? Is Ohai still around? They may count, but I can think of very few. Take it server by server, what amazing roaming guild is on SoR? What about GoM?

It’s just my opinion, but roaming against GoM/SoR has been… a less than thrilling experience. They just don’t have many good roamers atm.

I’d also say it’s not based purely on rating. It’s a case by case basis. And t1 has terrible roaming. t2 is better, but mostly reliant on builds as opposed to skill. t3/4 seem to hit that sweet spot, enough people to give roamers a lottttt of action, not too many zergs/guilds running around so that everyone has to start traiting for mobility/stealth for escapes. More battles where people stand their ground.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Lol it’s just my opinion. The most skilled roaming servers in the game that I’ve fought are NSP, IoJ, and Mag. IoJ I consider a silver server since that’s where they’ve spent the majority of their recent time. Old school FC was a really good roaming server, but that time has long passed (many left, only a few like yourself/nia apparently still remain). Tell me, what are some REALLY (and I mean that word, like Yarr from FC or BS from ET in olden days) good roaming guilds from lower tiers can you think of? Is Ohai still around? They may count, but I can think of very few. Take it server by server, what amazing roaming guild is on SoR? What about GoM?

It’s just my opinion, but roaming against GoM/SoR has been… a less than thrilling experience. They just don’t have many good roamers atm.

I’d also say it’s not based purely on rating. It’s a case by case basis. And t1 has terrible roaming. t2 is better, but mostly reliant on builds as opposed to skill. t3/4 seem to hit that sweet spot, enough people to give roamers a lottttt of action, not too many zergs/guilds running around so that everyone has to start traiting for mobility/stealth for escapes. More battles where people stand their ground.

i left fc a long time ago, but ill prolly be going back when hot comes along to avoid 24/7 queues

i dont really know whos still around down there any more, its been a year. i still know some people on fc, but a lot of my old buddies/enemies have scattered around… dh, fa, t1, mag, maybe still dr, are some of the places that immediately come to mind. after years, everyone gets tired of the same old kitten and wants to see the same new kitten cuz its squeaky clean kitten that has no drama or the offer of different noobs to kill.

its less that “all the good people are leaving low tiers” and more that “all the people are leaving the low tiers”, because every server has a few stalwarts like yourself and my old fc friends/guild who will just never transfer.

edit: actually i just remembered — ohai are still around, i see them in pvp occasionally, but idk what server theyre on nowadays

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

in WvW

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

Low tier does not mean bad players. It means less people / guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

It sounds like an opinion, rather.

in WvW

Posted by: Gaberen.4325

Gaberen.4325

My experience is the higher tier you go, the more cheese/******/**** and gank groups are there.

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

The tiers have nothing to do with player skill. If anything, higher tier players are going to be worse players than the ones in the lower tiers, considering theres mostly blobs running around up there.

So if you move down servers for this reason, you’re going to have a worse time when you get steamrolled even harder by the smaller groups.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

My experience is the higher tier you go, the more cheese/******/**** and gank groups are there.

My experience as well.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Higher tier doesn’t mean better players it simply means more players. Wvw is won by number not skill

in WvW

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

The higher Tier servers have a much higher concentration of less-than-skilled players than lower tier servers. However, OP, you shouldn’t pay to transfer unless you don’t like the current numbers game on your tier. Playing against more highly skilled players will help you train yourself that much faster. Its like saying you arent smart enough to watch an educational program so you will just go watch reality TV instead. You will learn more and better yourself much faster from playing against people that have skill. Just don’t take it personally. Learn from each loss/ encounter.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

in WvW

Arius.7031

The tiers have nothing to do with player skill. If anything, higher tier players are going to be worse players than the ones in the lower tiers, considering theres mostly blobs running around up there.

So if you move down servers for this reason, you’re going to have a worse time when you get steamrolled even harder by the smaller groups.

By the same token that there’s more blobs, there’s also a lot more roaming groups… Facing NSP and Mag, you literally will find solo roamers/roaming groups if you even try to leave your eb keep. They’re everywhere.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Screenager.7804

Screenager.7804

[GSCH] from SoR runs [WAL] numbers give or take a few. EBay’s 2 main guildg roups both field more numbers than any single Dh guild except RIOT (Woe fields 20+ and CoT fields more). Bard/OMEN from SoR field numbers comparable to RIOT.

The problem for lower tier servers (the ones I’ve encountered anyway) isn’t that their guild groups aren’t large enough, it’s that there’s not enough of them. SoR is basically Bard/OMEN/GSCH and that’s it, period (not literally, but that’s the majority of their wvw pop).

I’ve attached a pic of one of gsch’s raids that I saw, not their highest numbers, but still large enough to make my point I think. They’re popping orange swords on razer solo, and there’s way more than just 25 there lolz.

this is not entirely different to the time I’ve spent down on low tier wvw recently. The whole server system seems in the short term appears to perpetuate the issue. Low tier players are not intrinsically bad BUT the overall mnumbers are low, fights loot and activity are harder to come by, parts of the game mode are almost mute and the overall experience is sub optimal.
Players come into low tier, get some experience and wander off to high tiers where they are overpopulated to get guaranteed fights and loot resulting in massive overpopulation and development effort being sacked towards the experience of the majority of the population and the issues they face in the upper and mid tiers that are over stacked.
WHile I don’t blame anybody for where we are it Is where we are and the only force that is stronger than the lure of loot and a decent fight is the community (read guild) that people are tied to.

All my own opinion based on my experience so feel free to disregard as aimless waffle

Screenager
Executed [ExE] – Piken Square
characterselect.net

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

higher tiers just means more ppl to fight. Now for the OP it also depends on the build. If condi roamers are beating you up, you’re just gonna have to load up on condi cleanses or just walk away from them cause well condi…

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

i think its hard for a high tier server evaluate a lower tier server and vice versa, for to reasons:

Big server will blob karma train.
Small server dont have coverage nor numbers to beat 20-30 man camp flippers while other large group flip tower.

Other reason is smaller servers have gap time zones where isnt even 1 players playing and siege does not get refreshed, im stating this due experiance when NSP fough some t2 servers , the sad comments i heard " omg your server is awfull cant even flipp a tower" , while we re like 5-8 players vs a queued BL.

What i intend to say is that is not right to say top tiers are bad becouse they only know how to blob, nor its good to say low tiers lack experience becouse high tier player are more ranker, if i go to eotm staff tag with my guard for sure ill get ranked.

while every one stacked on same tiers and theres no seamless numbers across the board theres no way to tell, only call it by servers with large and lower coverage.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

More people =/= more skill.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-