Can't anyone respect a duel?

in WvW

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

I’ve had soo many good duels in WvW be ruined by some other guy, either from my team or my enemies, or a small group.

If you see two people in the middle of a battle, think for a second before you rush in and try to get the last couple hits. Maybe they are having fun, maybe they don’t want to be disturbed.

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

No.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Grit.9061

Grit.9061

Or maybe they’ll cuss you out for standing there and watching them die.

Just saying. ;P

[LION] Lion’s Arch Irregulars – Dragonbrand
lionsarch.org

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Sir, you are a scoundrel and a ruffian! Our duel shall occur tomorrow at sunset and each of us shall be given a pistol!

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

(edited by Chiolas.1326)

in WvW

Posted by: Uberlicious.3956

Uberlicious.3956

i would cuss someone out if they ran by me while i was 1v1ing , if i want to duel i’ll do it in an empty Spvp room

in WvW

Posted by: neomccoy.2657

neomccoy.2657

Duel at south of victors lodge.

Everything Purple [EP] – Tarnished Coast
Stone Walled – Guardian; Plaguefest – Necro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjs6MOa8ukw

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server

in WvW

Posted by: Kinglette.4906

Kinglette.4906

WvW does not sound like 1v1???

80 Guardian, 80 Warrior, 80 Thief
[AVTR] FA

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I probably would, with that said though, it is WvW don’t expect it and be happy when it happens.

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

The fact people have different opinions and they are all valid. One might ill respect the 1v1 and move on or watch. Another would say pfft this is wvw screw 1v1 i want a free kill. Others might say i didnt know i saw a fellow team mate in trouble and intervened.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Honnor.6295

Honnor.6295

I believe this is about the best response to 1V1, Jumping puzzle, Zerg complaining that I have ever seen on the forums.

It made me laugh, AND.. is so logical that it makes it silly to even bring the above complaints up.

Anyway 27+ Rep to you Raincrow* You would be welcome to fight with me and mine any time.

PS< you should make that your forum Tag, its just to funny.
lol

Guild leader: scÖrn
Alliance founder/Yaksbend.com
“Winter is Coming”

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

If you feel you must 1vs1 go to a far corner or non traffic area, pleantly of spots in WvW maps that rarely see’s players and in the EB jumping puzzle there is also less traveled areas. But really if your holding up a spot in WvW for a 1vs1 then shame on you.

It would be a bit different if it were like DAoC where there is actually titles and whatnot for 1vs1 … but theres not so just expect the worst and hope for the best.

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

I believe this is about the best response to 1V1, Jumping puzzle, Zerg complaining that I have ever seen on the forums.

It made me laugh, AND.. is so logical that it makes it silly to even bring the above complaints up.

Anyway 27+ Rep to you Raincrow* You would be welcome to fight with me and mine any time.

PS< you should make that your forum Tag, its just to funny.
lol

Haha thanks for the kind words!
Forum tag… hmmm, sounds like a good idea!!

in WvW

Posted by: Tenshi.3598

Tenshi.3598

If you people don’t want to be disturbed, think for a second. Maybe you should go somewhere where you will not be disturbed. Maybe your friendly PvP is better suited, not in WvW, but in PvP.

This Glade has thorns…and here they are!

in WvW

Posted by: nightmunch.4923

nightmunch.4923

Also I wouldn’t jump to the conclusion of respect or not. Some people just keep with the idea of if it’s red it’s dead.
Another side would also be that maybe they chased a Doly killing party near by and thought you were part of it.
….. or maybe you server mates came ‘round the corner just to see you and the other guy plugging away and not knowing the situation run with the idea that it’s better to ask forgiveness then permission at times and figure they are helping a comrade…..
Or you just missed a big zerg battle around the corner and they are cleaning up with a bit of blood lust ……
…………..or …. or………

in WvW

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

Nah there’s something much worse,people who respect the 1v1 untill you down the other guy and they all swoop in to stomp you…….always makes me sad

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

I go to WvW to kill bad guys.

Whether you are currently fighting him in a “duel” or not is immaterial. I’m going to kill him if I can. I don’t go to WvW to listen to someone’s list of arbitrary rules on who I can and can’t attack under what circumstances. “Red is dead.”

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

I see enemy? I kill enemy.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

You’re right, there’s a war going on, when you fight someone 2 vs 1 or 1 vs 1 you usually don’t have the “time” to go some place separate.
It’s all you cowards-who-seek-safety-in-numbers’ excuses saying things like go to a separate place, go to sPvP.

You go out there only thinking about yourself not the others, even when you say don’t attack him when someone like you interferes, he will still keep attacking. You have no respect for another person’s enjoyment.

If you want to contribute to the “war” you speak of, there are usually better places to be and you can normally just ignore 2 people fighting in the open field. Usually there are towers, keeps or camps that need defending/taking. If you want to help out, you should first ask if he needs help, especially in a 1vs1 situation which are very rare to come by. Learn some respect for others.

/rant

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Geeo.2154

Geeo.2154

Never going to happen not being able to see enemys names, no one knows who to respect and who to gank

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

“Go to sPvP” really is the best advice though.

If you’re really having a duel and refuse to do it outside wvw, go hang out in a far corner of a borderland map where other people are simply not likely to walk by.

If you’re like, outside a tower or on a road, someone who walks by is going to jump in and think they’re helping. You cannot blame someone for doing what they’re supposed to do given the game mechanics.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Lifeson.4352

Lifeson.4352

And risk getting abusive messages cause you didn’t help some poor sod? No thanks. :P

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Under no circumstances would I NOT interfere with a 1v1 fight. Either my guy needs help, or he’s wasting every one’s time in WvW. Either way, we need to kill the opponent so we can both move on to take the tower.

in WvW

Posted by: Chimaira.8534

Chimaira.8534

You have to respect ones choice to WvWvW instead of thinking you can Duel in a WvWvW zone. Go check out Spvp if you want a chance to Duel.

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

With thieves and mesmers, there is no “only us two” on the field. Sorry mate. I have been ganked too many times; red is dead, a good motto.
With Habib’s comments about culling, we will soon see if thieves have the leet skills to play in WvW.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I let them watch. Even if my teammate want’s me to help, unless it’s higher than a 1v1, I respect it. Get some skill and then you wouldn’t need help

If he downs you though, I’m going to save you and kick his kitten since I’m not entirely kitteny. This is my opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

maybe there could be some sort of tag? or indication? sure, you can say just run off elsewhere obsolete for your duel. at the same time, many times when two lone roamers run into each other, a “duel” can happen. that being said, if your buddies or their buddies come along, and your “duel” is “ruined”, just be sure that fate will bring you two together again. /bow while they run away or if they got defeatd by a zerg from your team. if you got downed, they just pray that they remember what you look like and that they know you’ll be going after them again.

if i ever see 1v1 battles, and my ally is with the upper hand, i most likely won’t interfere, but if they’re need help, i jump in without hesitation. not goign to let ally die right in front of my eyes. it’s WvW mentality in a sense, where you’re going to want to help any non-red.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Eastevil.1534

Eastevil.1534

I think the two quotes that sum this up are “if its red its dead” and “go play sPvP”.

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

It’s all you cowards-who-seek-safety-in-numbers’

I always lol when I see people who think fear is involved in video gaming choices.

in WvW

Posted by: Folie.7980

Folie.7980

So basically, you want people to not kill people in a situation where there is rewards for killing people?
Lol okay good luck with your WvW expectations of 2013

#magswag
bad player/10

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

Under no circumstances would I NOT interfere with a 1v1 fight. Either my guy needs help, or he’s wasting every one’s time in WvW. Either way, we need to kill the opponent so we can both move on to take the tower.

This ^
Well said.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Have a duel in a secluded place. (Or go to sPvP and have a duel there.)

Otherwise most go by the saying:

If it’s red it has to be dead. (Or something like that)

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Zerg = PvE/NPC Slayers.
Duels = PvP/Skilled Players.
WvW = Open World PvP.

So while the zerg slays the NPC’s, us duellers will continue to PvP.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in WvW

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

Duels are fun…. mix it up from the usual war. Met ‘enemies’ and had some awesome duels or even just chatting(nothing W3 specific) / chilling for a few mins to have a break before parting and continuing our endless struggle to obliterate each others server

I don’t actively seek duels since that’s what sPvP, but if I’m just roaming around looking for somewhere to help or doing the minor stuff (camps, yaks, quaggans etc) and come across someone who does the unofficial duel request (standoff, /wave, /bow, inch closer to make sure we want to fight… then unleash!), 100% going to duel! If more people come in, oh well that’s war. I stay away from enemy 1v1’s though cos I got better stuff to do. If it’s a teammate, I’ll hang around to support them.

Don’t duel that much these days since things are a lot more intense and nonstop now. Team glory > individual glory at the end of the day, though being the sacrificial bait is a good enough reason to drag a few enemies into a duel to waste their time if it means teammates have an easier time at a supply camp!

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

To be honest no one knows what is a duel and what isn’t.. don’t blame people for jumping in.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

What a silly OP. When will people quit complaining that they can’t turn a WvW map into something it was never intended to be?

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

I purposely ruin any 1v1 I see and hope both people get kitten off. Either contribute to WvW or GTFO cause 1v1 doesn’t accomplish squat.

AR

in WvW

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Why cant people respect that there is a war going on?

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Your WAR is ruining my 1v1s. I demand that you stop NOW.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Jupitus.4352

Jupitus.4352

What a stupid thread in the WvW forum!

[MM]Jessopia – Soft and Very Squishy – Part of Gunnars Hold Community
www.gunnars-hold.eu

in WvW

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

Any red name is kill on sight in my case unless I am notified . Which means I see something like " he is mine" in whichever chat.

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Currently we got a 20k+ pointlead that will most likely stay until reset. This is a situation where i go roaming looking for a duel and would like to be undisturbed. If the match is close, however, it would be better to help your server. Who knows, you might get a 1on1 every once in a while ^^

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

I kill everything that moves. If you want to 1v1 with your friend, find an empty spot where nobody passes by.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

I only get annoyed if someone from my own team joins in

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

I’ve had plenty of great duels on EU.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

I don’t go to WvW to listen to someone’s list of arbitrary rules on who I can and can’t attack under what circumstances. “Red is dead.”

Quoted for awesome.

Quit your kittening about wvw happening in a wvw zone.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

its server vs server not guild vs guild or randomjoe vs randompaul

YOU waste a spot in que for ppl actual wanna play the game how it is designd for

i would always kill the opponent when i see a duel somewhere not for the kill an enemy but to kitten the id….t from my server wasting a spot

have a nice day

in WvW

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

I respect duels if i clearly see it’s a duel, unless i see the enemy is a thief, then i just attack them no questions asked.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

This old chestnut. This came up again and again in DAoC and WAR.

Short version: no.

Long version: Hell no.

Subtitles for the hard of thinking: NO.

Zen buddhist answer: Yes and no. Without the yes.

James Bond answer: Doctor No.

Beastie Boys answer: No sleep til… NO

Kim Kardashian answer: No. Oooh that much money. Ok yes. But I want the media rights. I can’t? Ok NO.

Morse code answer: DASH DOT DASH DASH DASH

FuManchu answer: No. Also, you just drank poisoned tea Mr. Smith. fiendish laughter

Peter Jackson answer: Part 1: “N”, Christmas 2013 Part 2: “O” and Christmas 2014 Part 3: “!”

Apple answer: We’ve copyrighted duelling, so NO.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

(edited by Roo Stercogburn.9671)

in WvW

Posted by: sephire.7296

sephire.7296

This old chestnut. This came up again and again in DAoC and WAR.

Short version: no.

Long version: Hell no.

Subtitles for the hard of thinking: NO.

Zen buddhist answer: Yes and no. Without the yes.

James Bond answer: Doctor No.

Beastie Boys answer: No sleep til… NO

Kim Kardashian answer: No. Oooh that much money. Ok yes. But I want the media rights. I can’t? Ok NO.

Morse code answer: DASH DOT DASH DASH DASH
kittenManchu answer: No. Also, you just drank poisoned tea Mr. Smith. fiendish laughter

Peter Jackson answer: Part 1: “N”, Christmas 2013 Part 2: “O” and Christmas 2014 Part 3: “!”

Apple answer: We’ve copyrighted duelling, so NO.

LOL, wonderful.

I like having duels in WvW, but if someone steps in as dismayed as I might be, it’s fair game. WvW is a warzone, every target is a viable target.

Sephire Blackrose
- A crummy Mesmer on Piken Square