Can we fix WvW reward tracks to be ONE chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I have been playing a crazy amount of WvW lately, attempting to get as many claim tickets and levels as possible, and I have to say one of the most annoying things is all the freaking reward chests that will not stack and force me to do inventory processing seemingly all the time. Ignoring the chests within chests issue, why does EVERY reward chest have to be different so they won’t stack?

I would really like some kind of option somewhere to avoid having to click the things jiggling on the side as well, just let them accumulate in my inventory automatically (and stack PLEASE)

Maybe even sell some kind of device in the gem store which will automate all of that for you. I would gladly pay to not have to do all that clicking when I am trying to play WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

It is likely the chests are from loot tables of various maps, dungeons, etc. The way they implemented the rewards feels like a shortcut a dev used to not write a bunch of new code to access those loot tables.

I am with you on the usability portion but I there are so many other things that are more important to improve/fix. If it is easy to address, I am sure they would have done it by now. I agree it is annoying.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Rick the Boss.4562

Rick the Boss.4562

Maybe even sell some kind of device in the gem store which will automate all of that for you. I would gladly pay to not have to do all that clicking when I am trying to play WvW.

It’s just a thought, but as far as I know you’re not busy all the time. You have moments where you’re stacked ramming/cata’ing, whatever. At those times it’s not hard to click some chests right? Might be me though, but I don’t see the problem.

Ricky | Vabbi – [FEAR] Officer
Fak Everything And Run

in WvW

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

It’s not like there isn’t spare time, it’s when your inventory fills in the middle of combat and you can’t get your drops. Rather than have than happen I try and proactively manage it, but there is just to much to manage so it becomes tedious.

That and the reward chests just trigger WAY to often. One BIG chest when I complete the track would be so much better.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

What dont you like these chests in chests in chests in chests with a bag inside that gives another chest that gives some greens ?

in WvW

Posted by: Fantom.8971

Fantom.8971

What dont you like these chests in chests in chests in chests with a bag inside that gives another chest that gives some greens ?

I couldn’t help to read this reply almost over and over again, thanks for laugh. =)

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

I have never even noticed this problem. Probably not a problem to begin with.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

ye got the same problem every day, full inventory because of 20 brown chests which dont stack at all, even though I do the same reward track all over again. Then you end up with 4 times the greens you had clogging up your inventory before. Yes nice mats and all, now WvW is really rewarding and paying back the money you waste for food/utilities. But you also end up with 20 green sigils/runes… gnah.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

the green sigils and runes are the bane of most in my guild. nearly every raid night some one is complaining about them….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Vicious.3042

Vicious.3042

It’s interesting that OP is mentioning it. I felt the same for awhile now, so many boxes with different names to click on, and they basically give the same stuff. The current GW2 can also be called BoxesWars2 and it makes perfect sense. This screenshot is fresh, I took it few hours ago; so you can have million spaces in your inventory, but contant clicking means a new mouse every..OH! I get it, ArenaNet also sells computer mice. xD

Attachments:

(edited by Vicious.3042)

in WvW

Posted by: Bouffle.5719

Bouffle.5719

At the very least, make the Siege Blueprint Cases stackable. The Superior Siege Blueprint Cases already are, so I don’t see any reason why the walmart siege ones aren’t… unless tricks and traps have something to do with it? Still, this should be an easy fix that saves a lot of space.

in WvW

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

They don’t seem to want to save space. Every new release of content comes with more things to clutter your inventory. They like to sell you more and more inventory space, I just wish they would sell something to keep your inventory uncluttered. Why can’t chests just come with materials or wallet currency in them? Why must everything be salvaged and/or sold? Don’t even get me started on the stupid tomes of knowledge.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

You are suffering from LPS (Lazy Player Syndrome).

All you need is copper matic, one silver matic, and the ecto gambling device (which is effectively a merchant to sell to.

Click open chests, salvage everything in two clicks, sell runes to merchant. Job done. Takes less than ten seconds on a full inventory.

Of course if you’re on a spam 1 server collecting loot like there is no tomorrow then you need to remember to repeat the above more than once an evening.

What is likely to happen now is that Anet will take the OP’s post as saying that there is too much loot in wvw now and they will cut everything by 90%, ruining 99.9% of people’s loot just to cure the Op’s LPS.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Oooh a chest! Wait a min, another chest oooo a bag, another bag oooo a blue.. ANet’s loot style. Clicketyclick and get nothing but RSI.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Click open chests,

There is no Consume All option for chests, or bags within those chests. You have to double click on every item to open.

I have give or take 5,000 boxes in my inventory. So there are 10,000+ unrewarding clicks looming in my near future. How is that for a good, modern UI design?

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

You are suffering from LPS (Lazy Player Syndrome).

All you need is copper matic, one silver matic, and the ecto gambling device (which is effectively a merchant to sell to.

Click open chests, salvage everything in two clicks, sell runes to merchant. Job done. Takes less than ten seconds on a full inventory.

Of course if you’re on a spam 1 server collecting loot like there is no tomorrow then you need to remember to repeat the above more than once an evening.

What is likely to happen now is that Anet will take the OP’s post as saying that there is too much loot in wvw now and they will cut everything by 90%, ruining 99.9% of people’s loot just to cure the Op’s LPS.

No, that’s not likely. I have a silver fed tool, but I don’t use it anymore because it costs more than a mystic salvage kit. They even messed up bulk salvage with the preview popup. Yet another click. I am asking for a quality of life improvement not complaining about the loot, just it’s packaging. All that’s needed is one tool that’s smart enough to process 95% of all the drops so my ‘fun’ time isn’t wasted opening and processing containers. Let the exotic and ascended rewards pile up. Sending the rare’s to the TP for me would be fantastic, but I would be happy for everything green and below being handled automatically (or just avoided altogether with ‘purer’ loot that’s just raw materials).

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Click open chests,

There is no Consume All option for chests, or bags within those chests. You have to double click on every item to open.

I have give or take 5,000 boxes in my inventory. So there are 10,000+ unrewarding clicks looming in my near future. How is that for a good, modern UI design?

If you let 5000 boxes pile up in your inventory then the problem is YOU. My inventory is nice and clean becaue I’m not trying to brag about how many boxes I have. So, my advice to you is, clean up your inventory regularly during WvW and don’t let the boxes pile up.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

Inventory Wars 2.

My bags have a KDR of 4.7 vs me.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Idk I kind of like it,

Feels like a mini game clicking around my inventory.

Maybe instead of making them one box they could color code them and add tones for when you click on them to make songs.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Click open chests,

You have DLPS. As you must be some sort of dumb to let that many boxes build up in the first place, then come on here and moan about it.

I guess the entitled generation wants even boxes opened for them as it’s too much effort and someone else should pay for it..

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I’d love a single box jiggling in the corner that had everything unboxed inside of it. How much stuff it would have would depend on what you did (and for how long) before you opened it.

A double click to open the box, and then an “ok” click on the one screen that shows you everything you got from it.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Hold on the jiggle, that is to distracting, but a rewards queue/stash would be nice so that you could hold off on processing until you are done with WvW. Something to do while waiting for participation to cool down.

in WvW

Korgov.7645

Click open chests,

If you let 5000 boxes pile up in your inventory then the problem is YOU. My inventory is nice and clean becaue I’m not trying to brag about how many boxes I have. So, my advice to you is, clean up your inventory regularly during WvW and don’t let the boxes pile up.

So when I get rewarded (hurray!) I would CLICK on the box flashing on the right hand side of the screen. Then I would be rewarded (hurray!) with a huge popup window smack in the middle of the screen blocking my view and interrupting my play. I would have to CLICK on the popup window to have the box added to my inventory. Then I would go open my inventory by CLICK on the inventory symbol. To locate the box I would CLICK and drag the scrollbar. Once the reward box is in view I would CLICK-CLICK on it to open it to be rewarded by (hurray!) a blue armor piece and another bag…

All those clicks for every single reward box? Your advise is not helpful.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Korgov.7645

Click open chests,

You have DLPS. As you must be some sort of dumb to let that many boxes build up in the first place, then come on here and moan about it.

I guess the entitled generation wants even boxes opened for them as it’s too much effort and someone else should pay for it..

I would go further than just having the boxes already opened for me.

I would rather have an option not to receive any meaningless items. Only stat-selectable ascended pieces with max infusion slots, superior siege blueprints, effect-selectable top level consumables… If those only drop once per week, so be it.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Lady Po Wang Dabang.1394

Lady Po Wang Dabang.1394

I don’t even bother opening the new skirmish reward chests to much clicking for nothing much.

in WvW

Heibi.4251

Click open chests,

So when I get rewarded (hurray!) I would CLICK on the box flashing on the right hand side of the screen. Then I would be rewarded (hurray!) with a huge popup window smack in the middle of the screen blocking my view and interrupting my play. I would have to CLICK on the popup window to have the box added to my inventory. Then I would go open my inventory by CLICK on the inventory symbol. To locate the box I would CLICK and drag the scrollbar. Once the reward box is in view I would CLICK-CLICK on it to open it to be rewarded by (hurray!) a blue armor piece and another bag…

You click after combat has ended. That much should be obvious. And when there is a lull in the action, like running along to a target or at spawn(or in a keep or tower) you can clean out the trash in your inventory. At the end of your WvW for the day you open all the boxes that are stored in your inventory. I’m amazed that I actually have to type out the simplest procedure ever known to gamers.

in WvW

Korgov.7645

Click open chests,

You click after combat has ended. That much should be obvious. And when there is a lull in the action, like running along to a target or at spawn(or in a keep or tower) you can clean out the trash in your inventory. At the end of your WvW for the day you open all the boxes that are stored in your inventory. I’m amazed that I actually have to type out the simplest procedure ever known to gamers.

You do realize you have clicked on those chests 10,000+ times already – more if you are above average active player. That is a lot of time taken away from actually playing WvW.

I don’t want to go: “everyone stop the warfare I am sorting my inventory”.

As for the routines, I do spend 10 minutes every time I log in only to clear the inventory. Not because I enjoy it. But because if I don’t I will get encumbered and I can no longer play the game mode I do enjoy. How is that for good game design?

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Heibi.4251

Click open chests,

You do realize you have clicked on those chests 10,000+ times already – more if you are above average active player. That is a lot of time taken away from actually playing WvW.

I don’t want to go: “everyone stop the warfare I am sorting my inventory”.

As for the routines, I do spend 10 minutes every time I log in only to clear the inventory. Not because I enjoy it. But because if I don’t I will get encumbered and I can no longer play the game mode I do enjoy. How is that for good game design?

Sigh. There is always time in between combat and taking things. There is always time before you leave WvW. Spend the time before you log out or when there is a lull in the action. Takes less than 2 minutes to salvage and right-click deposit all(as long as you aren’t full). Maybe take 5 minutes total if you have a merchant. Geez, are you so hyper that you can’t take 5 minutes to clear bags? We do it all the time in WvW. I can clean bags while moving from destination to destination. I can clear bags with ease. I don’t see the problem here. You seem to be creating your own problem by refusing to think for yourself.

in WvW

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

It’s not that we can’t do it while running from here to there, it’s that we are SICK OF IT. It’s a tedious repetitive chore that can and should be made easier. IF the gem store offered some device to reduce all that clicking I bet most of the naysayers here would buy it.

The worst offender is the 50 different kinds of chests they throw at us because there are to many to leave unopened until the end of your run. If they could simply make a device that stacked chests and got rid of the in your face popup to stop the stupid jiggling chests that would make things much better.

in WvW

Heibi.4251

It’s not that we can’t do it while running from here to there, it’s that we are SICK OF IT. It’s a tedious repetitive chore that can and should be made easier. IF the gem store offered some device to reduce all that clicking I bet most of the naysayers here would buy it.

The worst offender is the 50 different kinds of chests they throw at us because there are to many to leave unopened until the end of your run. If they could simply make a device that stacked chests and got rid of the in your face popup to stop the stupid jiggling chests that would make things much better.

I love getting rewards. Each chest in a reward track is different because it drops different types of loot from different areas of the game. The system needs to be that way so it drops the correct loot for the reward track. The So I guess for those who are tired of having to open rewards ANeT should add the option of “I want no rewards” to solve this laziness. If they add that you no longer have to complain about your inventory being full.

in WvW

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

I have been playing a crazy amount of WvW lately, attempting to get as many claim tickets and levels as possible, and I have to say one of the most annoying things is all the freaking reward chests that will not stack and force me to do inventory processing seemingly all the time. Ignoring the chests within chests issue, why does EVERY reward chest have to be different so they won’t stack?

I would really like some kind of option somewhere to avoid having to click the things jiggling on the side as well, just let them accumulate in my inventory automatically (and stack PLEASE)

Good quality of life updates. I agree

in WvW

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I love getting rewards. Each chest in a reward track is different because it drops different types of loot from different areas of the game. The system needs to be that way so it drops the correct loot for the reward track. The So I guess for those who are tired of having to open rewards ANeT should add the option of “I want no rewards” to solve this laziness. If they add that you no longer have to complain about your inventory being full.

I am just asking to DEFER my rewards and/or to simplify them for easier stacking. We don’t need dozens of differently named chests that give you blues and greens with the occasional gold in them. I proposed an idea in another thread about making reward tracks a currency that would accumulate in your wallet that you could spend at a rewards vendor.

Getting a chest when you level or finish a pip tier/level is not a problem, it’s the fifty rewards chests in between that’s the problem.

in WvW

Vicious.3042

click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…
Can you imagine how many billion clicks occur in gw2 every day just from opening chests, bags and boxes? If there’s a Guinness World Record for most clicking in one day I’m sure gw2 will take the 1st place, no contest.

(edited by Vicious.3042)

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

It’s a part of the free to play business model. Flood you with loot, sell inventory spaces.
I agree it’s annoying but people HATE monthly subscriptions

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

It’s a part of the free to play business model. Flood you with loot, sell inventory spaces.
I agree it’s annoying but people HATE monthly subscriptions

A lot of people take this for granted. Pretty much every other MMO is either subscription based or Pay to Win in some regard. GW2 is not, yet people will still complain that “they paid for it” and “x should be changed” – even though they’ve gotten more playtime out of this game than ANY OTHER GAME for $60USD.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Just imagine how annoyed you would be if we didn’t have the “Salvage All” function.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

We’re talking about thousands of clicks and clutter. It’s at the very least, unsightly and at worse a hinderance, since if you switch maps, some chests get forced in your inventory.

It is a problem even on my toons with over 100 free spaces (not inventory slots, free inventory slots)

I think at the very least we need a way to quickly deal with tomes of knowledge and minor sigils.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

It’s at the very least, unsightly and at worse a hinderance,

And working as intended

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

There are worse offenders out there. Stop crying over a few clicks. Sure I’d I leave my inventory alone all night it will be annoying to deal with but what others said open as you go. About the only thing I agree with in this thread is make paper siege chests stack. Otherwise switch your reward track if the loot annoys you. If I keep in the same reward track for a night, which I tend to do to unlock pve skins, the boxes do stack. So worst case leave the track boxes alone and just work on salvaging miscellaneous drops. I tend to open my boxes 2 or 3 times a night but there is plenty of downtime in a wvw raid to do it otherwise. Every time you stop at an objective, or people have a bio break, merchant break, etc open your inventory and quit whining.

you can bind your mouse wheel to double click, just make sure you don’t have control pressed as you do it or you will have angry people in chat.

in WvW

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

GW2 isn’t really known for its UI ease of use. But you gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in WvW

Korgov.7645

GW2 isn’t really known for its UI ease of use. But you gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come.

Why can’t it be that whenever I start the game it is the good times?

It seems a minor improvement in the UI would go a long way. For example have a developer set AllowMultiSelect=True property in the inventory list component.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Dediggefedde.4961

Dediggefedde.4961

I thought bags in chests for potions in chests in bags in chests were bad…
I though reward-track chest a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,… were bad…

But now I have 100 Skirmish Chest.
double-click to open, selecting an item, confirm, really confirm, getting a chest (tactics) that contain items I need to double-click. But! Don’t click too fast on them or your chat will be spammed…

in WvW

Heibi.4251

I thought bags in chests for potions in chests in bags in chests were bad…
I though reward-track chest a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,… were bad…

But now I have 100 Skirmish Chest.
double-click to open, selecting an item, confirm, really confirm, getting a chest (tactics) that contain items I need to double-click. But! Don’t click too fast on them or your chat will be spammed…

Yet another person who lets chests build up and then complains it’s going to take a long time to open them all. Hint: Open after you’re done with WvW for the day or at anytime there’s break in the action – Bag cleaning, merchant selling, bathroom breaks by the group, etc. There are tons of opportunities open these chests and not let them pile up. There is one thing I wish would change about the new skirmish chest – allow double-click on what you pick instead of double-click, pick and “yes”.

in WvW

Vicious.3042

oh boy, so many chests within a box, so many boxes within a bag. The more I click the less inventory space I have. Work as intended?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

I just cant imagine how people play without Salvage-o-matic. It is smoking red after I start playing WvW.

During 10 minutes you could start fight against zerg and get meanwhile: 1 skirmish chest (with chests inside), 5 -10 rank chests, and one or two reward track milestone chests. And as a bonus several daily chests up to 2-3. So 15 chests per 10 min is quite rewarding gameplay… oh wait it is all greens and food for salvager.

And I really do not like following kitten… pls Anet care about your customers, if we all would have tunnel syndrome, nobody would play and buy your stuff
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpal_tunnel_syndrome

(edited by Yakez.7561)

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Salvage-o-matic doesn’t address the concern, which is excessive clicking.

That said, I haven’t purchased the salvage-o-matic because it will never pay itself off (cost-wise), and the convenience of not having to purchase equivalent salvage kits is pretty minor, imo.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)