Can we get Account Based WXP Ranks?

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

That is honestly the one change I want right now..

I bloody hate zerging on my Ranger most of the time, But honestly that is the absolute best way to get Ranks, which is something I want on my Ranger.

I think we’re the only class in the game that basically has our Mechanic kitten us when zerging, So if I could actually play an Alt during this every now and again I’d just love that.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Gonna keep bumping these threads.

Make wxp account bound.

Either that or remove the stat buff trait lines.

Meega Kweesta

in WvW

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

remove the stat buff trait lines.

We have a winner.

Maid Of The Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

I cant agree with this enough. I have 12 characters. I realize that is a kitten ton, but right now i feel like anything i do in WvW while not on my main is a waste of time. I dont plan on taking all of my toons into WvW, just 3 or 4. But the way wxp is currently limits me to one, maybe 2. Please anet. I’ve bought 7 kitten ing character slots. I want to have at least something to be able to progress them. Its bad enough with me getting ascended trinkets on my toons. Itll just be worse when ascended armor/weapons come.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

Remove siege damage trait lines.

in WvW

kingcragus.6810

We have a winner.

in WvW

Posted by: jusxshadow.1493

jusxshadow.1493

Yes please. We earned our wxp just as much as we earned our karma.

Believe G

in WvW

Posted by: yesfourme.8906

yesfourme.8906

I am against that.
I am for reducing the WXP requirement to level up (by a lot) or being able to buy the level up with gem.

in WvW

Rawr.5930

I am against that.
I am for reducing the WXP requirement to level up (by a lot) or being able to buy the level up with gem.

I’d like to think you were being sarcastic, but im not too sure.

Wxp p2w?

Teso rvr cant come soon enough.

Meega Kweesta

in WvW

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

It would defeat the purpose of making you grind more :/

in WvW

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

I would love for this to happen.

I was surprised that not everybody was outraged when they implemented wxp.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I would love for this to happen.

I was surprised that not everybody was outraged when they implemented wxp.

i think everyone was, about this specifically

but anet does nothing

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

i guess someone has to be contrary.

your profession has nothing to do with how much youve played wvw, or with any of the mastery lines.

there isnt really a reason someone who plays wvw constantly should also be discouraged from playing alts, but thats what soulbound wxp does.

in WvW

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Account bound WXP yes, remove siege damage yes. Did you see how many arrow carts are used?

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I would really like to have WXP account based.

I don’t plan to bring any other profession into WvW because that means I have to start over on them and it took me long enough to get to general. I’ll never see anything completed if I brought in another profession.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: Bowulf.9726

Bowulf.9726

Bump! Same reason I don’t play other characters in WvW. I would love to have a solo and a zerg group character to play, and not have to split my Wxp!

As to the using gems to buy Wxp, I just wanna… No.

As for profession skills, I play one character in WvW, but have 5 level 80 toons. I have to say, I have learned a LOT through observation of others, both for my WvW character and the others. The mechanics of group play are not really profession specific, imho, and can be learned without having to know everything about the profession before you start WvW with them.

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Having Guard Stacks on a freshly made level 2 toon should not happen.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I find that having wxp be soulbound has actually pushed me to play WvW with my alts more and has helped to further individualize them.

I want my characters to be specialized in certain things and I want them to each have their own accomplishment.

I’ve noticed that in the majority of all these complaints about this or that account-wide limitation being “bad for alts”… it’s never about alts being special and unique, it’s about players using them as generic build templates they want to swap between or using them to get around farming limits.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

i guess someone has to be contrary.

your profession has nothing to do with how much youve played wvw, or with any of the mastery lines.

On the contrary it has EVERYTHING to do with how you are able to handle your profession and skills in wvw. If you are a level 50 warrior it is totally different from being a level 5 necro. Some classes are way easier to get wxp from.

I understand that people want things easy but wxp should be a toon xp measurement not an account wide. If you want an account wide then give the bonus that you can spend to account wide but a level 3/80 necro should not get a level 50 title simply because an alt played more wvw

are you saying the only thing you care about is that unplayed alts dont receive the main’s “champion” or “squire” or whatever title? but that you dont care if they share wap? thats something i could support. whatever.

in WvW

Bowulf.9726

Sure, so let’s limit it to level 80’s only. Would that not fix that issue? Then you have to at least work at a class and know the class in PVE before you get the bonuses.

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

make it scale with level.. floor(5/8 of a point of vit per level)
ez pz

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Sure, so let’s limit it to level 80’s only. Would that not fix that issue? Then you have to at least work at a class and know the class in PVE before you get the bonuses.

What if I got level 80 by crafting? Being lvl 80 doesn’t mean you know your class, build or what that class is good/bad at in WvW.

To me, character bound is a good idea. My warrior has sacrificed his life many times over to uphold the pride of my guild, why should my thief be rewarded for his bravery in the line of battle?

(whoa I went full RP there… I need help)

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Bowulf.9726

What if I got level 80 by crafting? Being lvl 80 doesn’t mean you know your class, build or what that class is good/bad at in WvW.

To me, character bound is a good idea. My warrior has sacrificed his life many times over to uphold the pride of my guild, why should my thief be rewarded for his bravery in the line of battle?

LOL! Yeah you got a little crazy there! no I totally agree with this, and that is the hard line to balance. But there IS something to be said about your WvW experience as a player that you should be rewarded for, not just your warrior. Yes?

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

But there IS something to be said about your WvW experience as a player that you should be rewarded for, not just your warrior. Yes?

your experience as a player is rewarded by… making you a better player.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Rawr.5930

WXP should have been about comestic rewards, but instead we have this gradual, insidious and very unbalanced power creep.

Take the most recent introduction for example, the final trait for supply mastery basically ensures that an organized group traited for it WILL get countersiege up, REGARDLESS of the skill, alertness and pre built siege of the defenders.

It’s borderline unbelievable how far we have strayed from the original stated ideals of no power creep.

Meega Kweesta

in WvW

Bowulf.9726

Well there are always two sides to a coin. I see the benefits and reasons for both. If you are running with a guild and they need an ele when you play a thief, you have no incentive to play the role other and you get screwed on your thief if you do. But… If you play the thief and then play the ele, you shouldn’t get the benefits after not playing it.

So what about something even odder… How about you get to choose which character your Wxp goes to? Then you can play the ele to help the guild but not get screwed on your main.

in WvW

Posted by: yesfourme.8906

yesfourme.8906

I am against that.
being able to buy the level up with gem.

Probably the worst idea I have ever seen on the forums. You do not want someone with zero experience in a profession have a high level title or rank

As several other posters said, it should be character related. However, (like I wrote before) the requirement to max up is too high and take too long. I am for making it simpler and a lot quicker. I am also ok for being able to purchase the wvw skill points with either gem (as I know Arenet would love this idea) or karma.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

agree very much

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I understand that people want things easy but wxp should be a toon xp measurement not an account wide. If you want an account wide then give the bonus that you can spend to account wide but a level 3/80 necro should not get a level 50 title simply because an alt played more wvw

Its not about wanting things easy, when advanced wxp trait lines offer stat bonuses those who want to play on alts are clearly disadvantaged.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

I love all my characters. The way Wxp was implemented didnt exactly welcome alt play, but I like playing them enough to not care about wxp. Sure account bound Wxp would be nice (all 8 of my characters are above Wxp rank 30) I don’t think I am going to cry if they don’t.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

They don’t listen to their customers, instead of the obvious thing to do they will give us this:

“World vs. World XP / Point Adjustments: Earning World Experience will be easier for players playing normally in WvW as the WXP rate will be increased across the board. World Ability Points also will be adjusted so that a player’s total points will equal his or her current rank. New characters will start with one Ability Point, and all existing characters will receive one more.”

Really …

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I am all for account wide WXP share for the simple reason that soulbound WXP discourage you from playing alts.

Because it’s not your warrior or thief playing. It’s you. I saw upleveld players with the Legend title. Why do they have it? Because they run in a Zerg pressing 1 and 1 and 1 and 1. Many (not all) player I know with a high WvW rank are zerglings and know kitten about their profession. On the other hand, one who plays multiple cahracters in WvW (I am leveling currently my 4th character for WvW) has a wider understanding of them and knows how to face other professions, for he knows it’s weaknesses and streanghts. I am mostly playing as a roamer WvW and leveling WvW ranks on my different alts is a pain, so I have given up on WvW ranks all together. Now that I don’t even know, what current WvW rank my toons have and I am not investing any points, I feel free now to play as I enjoy the game.

Up until now I heard no reasons that made any sense to me for why WXP should be soulbound. Shure, they are smth you can make your character unique, but if it takes me ages, to achieve that uniqueness, then I might as well do without it.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Corfel.8047

Corfel.8047

On the other hand, one who plays multiple cahracters in WvW (I am leveling currently my 4th character for WvW) has a wider understanding of them and knows how to face other professions, for he knows it’s weaknesses and streanghts. I am mostly playing as a roamer WvW and leveling WvW ranks on my different alts is a pain, so I have given up on WvW ranks all together. .

This is pretty much how I feel about it

To a degree

There should be some form of reward for staying true to 1 character however by playing and learning others you lose out on that higher rank…

Tough one to keep everyone happy

~ JQ Server ~ Corfel/Corful/Coreline ~ Team Savvy~

in WvW

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

WXP is character progression after level 80. if you want WXP account bound, why not ask for levels to be account bound too?

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

On the other hand, one who plays multiple cahracters in WvW (I am leveling currently my 4th character for WvW) has a wider understanding of them and knows how to face other professions, for he knows it’s weaknesses and streanghts. I am mostly playing as a roamer WvW and leveling WvW ranks on my different alts is a pain, so I have given up on WvW ranks all together. .

This is pretty much how I feel about it

To a degree

There should be some form of reward for staying true to 1 character however by playing and learning others you lose out on that higher rank…

Tough one to keep everyone happy

But, take that logic into s/tPvP. You can get to a very high rank with one toon, then start playing a new alt and it still have all the benefits of the high rank (more skins, different finishers….). Soulbound wxp is just one more example of how this game hates alts (like the recent change to the jubilee tickets…).

WXP is character progression after level 80. if you want WXP account bound, why not ask for levels to be account bound too?

Then shouldn’t titles be character bound? Shouldn’t PvP ranks be character bound? Shouldn’t dungeon tokens be character bound? This game is full of stuff that you can “achieve or progress” on one character, and transfer that work to another character. You can level an alt character to 80 very very quickly (hell you can craft it to 80 in a 1-2 hours), try leveling to wvw rank past 20 in that same amount of time…

(edited by Topher.1684)

in WvW

Posted by: Virindiira.1025

Virindiira.1025

there will be never an account wide wvw system. you earn the rank with your char. you will never see an twink with all the cool stuff you can have in wvw and thats good!

in WvW

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

I’d like to see WXP and WvW traits being account wide, but rank remaining character bound.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Gold account wallet
Karma account wallet
Badges of Honor account wallet
Dungeon Tokens account wallet
Laurels account wallet

Experience Points character based
Skill Points character based
Trait Points character based

WxP is not a currency, it is a progression system…a progression system designed so !#&%ing poorly it removes the incentives for playing an alt. WxP is akin to the Glory system in it’s mode specific structure, yet is treated as an extension of the Experience system that’s rewarded all throughout PvE content. The state of the system, if applied to sPvP, essentially states you can rank all the way up to Dragon rank on one character unlock every imaginable skin in sPvP, and enjoy any and all benefits of reaching that level…but the moment you log onto your alt you start at glory level 1, no skins, no rank, no nothing, start over, do it again.

WxP is a great idea implemented without prior testing, community feedback, or base logic in looking at the existing designs within the game. Making it account bound is admission of failure to meet any of their goals with the system, and ultimately be moving backwards with the design goal instead of forward. They said they want to make it so each character has a unique experience, and experiments with different builds? So far no good. Just encourages the player to have one experience and one build: their main character.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: Corfel.8047

Corfel.8047

Just encourages the player to have one experience and one build: their main character.

Ye and even that won’t necesserily be a “good” or “fun” build – it’ll be purely AoE DPS in order for tagging zergs for the XP leech

~ JQ Server ~ Corfel/Corful/Coreline ~ Team Savvy~

in WvW

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

I agree with the OP, and so should you.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in WvW

TyPin.9860

Maybe the idea behind WXP was it to be cahracter progression. But if your not 24/7 Zerging it feels like character stagnation. The whole progressing of WvW ranks and their abilities is not thought through well enough for me to accept it as character progression.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

We have a winner.

Am I the only one who noticed this?

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in WvW

kingcragus.6810

Its not about wanting things easy, when advanced wxp trait lines offer stat bonuses those who want to play on alts are clearly disadvantaged.

I read this a lot ^, about how a stat bonus offers a big advantage. You do realise that this cost’s 115 points and requires guard kills for stacks. When we consider siege mastery lines these cost 75? and give about 25% dmg increase and in some cases a 4th ability for the siege. Do people not realise that this give people an advantage as well?

Stat boosts are for roamers

Siege is for zerglings

Get over it.

in WvW

Posted by: Yodaman.3274

Yodaman.3274

Gold account wallet
Karma account wallet
Badges of Honor account wallet
Dungeon Tokens account wallet
Laurels account wallet

Experience Points character based
Skill Points character based
Trait Points character based

WxP is not a currency, it is a progression system…a progression system designed so !#&%ing poorly it removes the incentives for playing an alt. WxP is akin to the Glory system in it’s mode specific structure, yet is treated as an extension of the Experience system that’s rewarded all throughout PvE content. The state of the system, if applied to sPvP, essentially states you can rank all the way up to Dragon rank on one character unlock every imaginable skin in sPvP, and enjoy any and all benefits of reaching that level…but the moment you log onto your alt you start at glory level 1, no skins, no rank, no nothing, start over, do it again.

WxP is a great idea implemented without prior testing, community feedback, or base logic in looking at the existing designs within the game. Making it account bound is admission of failure to meet any of their goals with the system, and ultimately be moving backwards with the design goal instead of forward. They said they want to make it so each character has a unique experience, and experiments with different builds? So far no good. Just encourages the player to have one experience and one build: their main character.

Sums up the issue very well.

FA [BOSS]/ Ragarok Lvl 80 Ele/ Invisabelle Lvl 80 Mes/ Oni Sa Lvl 80 Thief/Hammon Lvl 80 Guardian

in WvW

kingcragus.6810

^ and this 100%

Was going to post this myself but lets go more EXTREME

Cuz I’m lazy…

Account bound levels
All items (armour/trinkets) account bound
Whilst we are at it 1 of profession auto rolled to save me the effort
All characters with world completion
Every drop should be a precursor

And whilst Anet is at it they might as well send some one to my house to play the game for me.

Cuz yeah…this is essentially what people are asking for.

in WvW

TyPin.9860

Ur sarcastic analogy is flawed in so many ways:

• I can transfer many items I get with one character to another.
  • World completion title can be selected with any character, no matter if lvl2 or lvl 80.
  • Leveling characters until 80 is achievable with multiple characters relativly easily. Compared to that leveling WXP is simply painfull if u run several characters in WvW.

While I admire your unconstructive and utterly misplaced sarcasm, it serves no purpose in a discussion.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe

in WvW

kingcragus.6810

^ But you get the point right?

in WvW

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

^ But you get the point right?

Not really. What you posted is not what anyone has asked for in this thread. Making wxp account bound instead of character bound is 100% reasonable if only for the fact that the other side of pvp already has account based lvs.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

I would honestly remove all of the statistical benefits of WxP traits and replace them with cosmetic ones. Might as well keep the footing as even as possible, and if they’re really keen on specialization, they should choose a method that doesn’t involve people who play more getting more buffs.

Tier 1 Casual

in WvW

Posted by: Daethonfoot.3516

Daethonfoot.3516

No!
Wxp ranks should be character specific

why, because you only have one character? How selfish of you, considering lots of people have 4-8 characters.