Can we please have range indicators?

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Q:

Like an option to display the exact distance to a target?

We have players running around and skill ranges are all over the place… and it’s frustrating to waste skills because we incorrectly calculated the distance to a target. Would be nice on portals and such too…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Like an option to display the exact distance to a target?

We have players running around and skill ranges are all over the place… and it’s frustrating to waste skills because we incorrectly calculated the distance to a target. Would be nice on portals and such too…

Although not what you asked for, when your skill is out of range a red bar appears underneath it.

(At least one of the DPS mods also shows the exact range to the target).

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

A range indicator for portal is all that’s needed to be honest. Hell they could even make it so, when you place the portal and run past its max range, the current red bar indicator pops up to show you’ve gone too far (if they haven’t already – I never play mesmer).

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

The taco overlay offers a range indicator that uses the mumble API to achieve this legitimately. However i found It only useful to see what the actual range circles look like, then turned off the clunky overlay. People who mainly play range may find it useful when playing your first melee builds

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

Is that anything like “Lock Ground Target at Maximum Skill Range” in options? I probably misunderstood.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Is that anything like “Lock Ground Target at Maximum Skill Range” in options? I probably misunderstood.

It would a number over the target that shows the distance to the target.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

That works for ground targeting spells, doesn’t for target stuff, which you have to rely on having a target to see if they are in range or not. Some games have an actual targeting indicator on the ground in front of you at all times, which would be useful. Would just be nice to have better indicators for range on your target.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The Action Camera targeting reticle changes when in or out of range. I find it useful for skills such as Steal.

I also am a huge fan of ‘Fast-Cast Ground Targeting’ and ‘Lock Ground Target at Maximum Skill Range’.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Slightly off topic, but I would like to see targeting circles on arrow carts. I can never tell how far they reach and where my arrows are coming down unless they are enemies there to show damage numbers.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

BGDM overlay does just that. Shows distance compared to targeted item, and for structures and NPC’s, even shows a more accurate HP % as well as numerical value of HP remaining. (Also party DPS/boon/DoT meters)

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights