Can we stop hating on the dev team?

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Everyone constantly whines about the dev team. They post things on the forums and all they receive is kittening afterwards. Oh, you are removing the quaggans? Shouldn’t have been pve in the first place. Come on people. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. This is especially true when we don’t even know what they are going to be doing in a bunch of their changes. You can be mad at them not caring about wvw or w/e, but when the devs do talk to us at least try to be courteous. The devs talk in the spvp forums a lot more than over here. Guess how most of the replies to the devs sounds over there, oh yeah, NICE.

So can we stop our collective kittening at least when devs respond? Make your case for them not caring, or kitten about something(maybe have a little less rng in our matchups please?) but for god’s sake be respectful people.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Well said.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

The bitterness that some aspects of WvWvW breed does make its way to the boards and most of the complaints I’ve seen are pretty legit. I see people cracking jokes and being bit sarcastic, others are genuinely asking questions and voicing concerns. But unless those posts were deleted, I’m not seeing where this rampant disrespect is happening after the dev post in the “Anet doesn’t care about WvWvW” thread.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

We’ve got thick skins, but I certainly appreciate constructive feedback. It’s also much more likely to receive a response both in the forums and in the game. So, as always, make good suggestions in a positive way and you’ll see changes. Cheers!

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

So, as always, make good suggestions in a positive way and you’ll see changes.

People have been making VERY good suggestions for nearly an entire year now, and the number of changes in WvW can be counted on one hand.

People are fed up with WvW being neglected, and this is the reason people are critical of the Devs. It has nothing to do with “hating” as the OP childishly puts it.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

People have been making VERY good suggestions for nearly an entire year now, and the number of changes in WvW can be counted on one hand.

People are fed up with WvW being neglected, and this is the reason people are critical of the Devs. It has nothing to do with “hating” as the OP childishly puts it.

+1

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Ynot.8397

You are the reason the wvw forums have less posts than the other forums. People like you who judge others so harshly. “Childishly?” Who are you to judge how others choose to speak? I would kindly ask you to leave the forums and never come back.

Most of what the forums put out in terms of criticism comes across as mindless hate. You need to take some time off the game if this is what the forums bring out in you.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

You are the reason the wvw forums have less posts than the other forums. People like you who judge others so harshly. “Childishly?” Who are you to judge how others choose to speak? I would kindly ask you to leave the forums and never come back.

Most of what the forums put out in terms of criticism comes across as mindless hate. You need to take some time off the game if this is what the forums bring out in you.

Your entire post is nothing but a personal attack because I disagreed with your opinion, and you say that I bring down the forum? /facepalm

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

You both bring down the forums, are childish, and you and your entire servers suck! Grow up, sheesh guys. You are the reason the devs don’t listen to us. Soooo embarrassing!

(Because I know there is someone who wont get it; Obvious hypocritical sarcasm is obvious.)

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in WvW

Ynot.8397

Your entire post is nothing but a personal attack because I disagreed with your opinion, and you say that I bring down the forum? /facepalm

No, I have no problem with you disagreeing with my opinion. I have a problem with how you choose to voice it. Calling my wording childish was pointless so I decided to point out why you need to take a break from contact with other human beings until you can learn to play nicely.

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I’d love to see Developers asking WvW players what we actually want to see.
I’d love to see more communication between the devs and players.

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

We’ve got thick skins, but I certainly appreciate constructive feedback. It’s also much more likely to receive a response both in the forums and in the game. So, as always, make good suggestions in a positive way and you’ll see changes. Cheers!

Commander tag overhaul? I messaged you about this and it is constructive.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Different-Color-Commander-Tags-Private-Tags/first#post2395588

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I’d love to see Developers asking WvW players what we actually want to see.
I’d love to see more communication between the devs and players.

Yeah, and then they get 10000000000 different (and contradictory) things “we” want to see, and have to decide which “we” they should cater to.

They are already watching the forums and that gives them a rather good look about what some people want.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Urrid.4593

Also give us the ability to kick people who are offline from world v world. We have been asking for this for a year.

Same with commander tag stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

The rest of the game’s map changes:

4 Halloween zones
Southsun cove
4 Christmas zones
3 New dungeon instances
A large Jumping puzzle in an existing zone
3 New sPvP maps
Dragon ball
Some additions I probably missed
The Queen’s Pavilion/gauntlet
Countless changes to Lion’s Arch
Bazaar of the Four Winds
Sanctum Sprint
*edit – and of course fractals. How could I forget that grindy piece of fail?

WvW:

No additions or changes because it takes time (2 weeks from GW2’s 1 year anniversary if you’re counting)

Either the WvW devs are hopelessly incompetent or ANet doesn’t provide the same level of support that it does for other game modes. When mini games get more development than one of GW2’s main game types, something is wrong and ANet need to be called on it.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

(edited by Caffynated.5713)

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

We are all mad because we have had a guy log off in our party and we can’t kick him grrr

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I don’t think the WvW devs are sitting in some corner and watch the skies while ignoring user-suggestions. I think it’s rather a problem of manpower and how much one can do while still working on other important features which take time.

also consider that a lot of good suggestions may have downsides too…

That said I would like to see more changes in WvW too. I don’t see how being angry will help though.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

4 Halloween zones
Southsun cove
4 Christmas zones
3 New dungeon instances
3 New sPvP maps
Dragon ball

WvW:

No additions or changes because it takes time (2 weeks from GW2’s 1 year anniversary if you’re counting)

Either the WvW devs are hopelessly incompetent or ANet doesn’t provide the same level of support that it does for other game modes. When mini games get more development than one of GW2’s main game types, something is wrong and ANet need to be called on it.

At least be fair when you are making lists like that.
You are ignoring quite a few things added in WvW.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

I would really like to have a more peaceful atmosphere.
But with nothing WvW related happening at all for the first 5 months after the release (except removing orbs), and this really unpolished stuff in the game people dont really want Supply-Mastery or another +stat buff.

People want what they have asked for for 10 months now:
- better commander system (or guild commanders)
- fix to the party system
- deminishing returns for giant zergs
Maybe finally fixing all the weapon tooltips in the game. Because they are wrong, are missing details and show some weird dmg number that doesnt indicate anything at all.

But Anets WvW team has to play the catchup game. Bringing out content for PvE every 2 weeks while progressing so slowly in WvW doesnt help either for the atmosphere.

It simply feels like nobody did comment anything of the code while writing it pre-release and now different people have to service it.

~ Gandara

in WvW

Ynot.8397

4 Halloween zones
Southsun cove
4 Christmas zones
3 New dungeon instances
3 New sPvP maps
Dragon ball

WvW:

They absolutely need to be called on almost everything! I just don’t think we need to call them out the way we do. Every single time a dev posts they are called out in about a thousand different ways. If you want something from someone you need to speak to them in a way your mother would approve. Calling them half of the awful things people do isn’t helping.

Call them out, but don’t bash everything they do. ANet has done some things very right and them offering to change things shouldn’t be bashed until we at least know what it is.

in WvW

Marcus Greythorne.6843

they removed culling in WvW long before PvE

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Shoosh he’ll be a brilliant politician someday. They also like to talk about who started the topic instead of the actual topic.

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

The dev teams earn the hate they get. So much potential is being completely wasted because the pvp team has no idea what it is doing.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Caffynated.5713

Please point them out.

map changes

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable

in WvW

Slomo.1029

Please point them out.

map changes

A lot of bugs and stronger Arrow Carts.

Traps.

~ Gandara

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Please point them out.

Breakout events?
Fixing of Orbs?

And why only map changes?
Why are those the only ones that matter?
PvE have 26 (?) maps, WvW have 2 (or 4 if you count all borderlands as own maps). So it is quite unfair to compare the actual map implementations (but then again, if you look at % the WvW maps have actually gotten more than the PvE maps, where the majority of the changes have been made to a select few maps).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Urrid.4593

Reading comprehension is a precious commodity.

in WvW

Posted by: LiveSpartan.8206

LiveSpartan.8206

-WvW culling fixed
-WvW ranks added
-WvW only ablities added
-WvW traps added
-WvW ascended items added
-WvW breakout events added
-Champion loot also extends to WvW
-WvW NA/EU reset times separated
-New mastery skills constantly being added
-WvW UI overhauled
-Random matchups
-WvW and Obsidian Sanctum separated
-WvW rewards chests
-WvW Leaderboard

A new map is coming as Devon teased about a while ago plus changes to the current maps and the orb mechanic coming back so saying WvW is neglected is completely false and that they are not doing anything is wrong.

(edited by LiveSpartan.8206)

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Whether or not you feel wxp, ranks, rewards, and abilities to be a useful/enjoyable addition, they do in fact represent a dev team interested in improving our experience.

When you come right down to it, not everybody in PvE enjoys their new content either. In fact, you’ll hear a great deal of moaning and QQ over some pretty ridiculous things. It’s difficult to craft content that everyone will enjoy and nigh on impossible when you must consider game performance, balance, and the reaction of an extremely passionate group of players.

There are of course gripes, glitches, and balance issues that have persisted for far too long, but don’t accuse them of being idle or disinterested.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Marcus Greythorne.6843

it would be interesting to know the number of people working in each of the teams (WvW team, an average living story team, the other team which works on content for future updates).

in WvW

Caffynated.5713

You people can’t be serious.

Bug fixes, NPCs, grind and PvE hand-me-downs are what you’re happy with? Most of the things you guys are listing are largely viewed as negative and a step away from what WvW players want.

Stronger ACs? Advantages for grinding your face off (on every character because sharing WXP wouldn’t be face meltingly grindy enough)? Unbalanced matchups?

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

-WvW culling fixed
-WvW ranks added
-WvW only ablities added
-WvW traps added
-WvW UI overhauled
-Random matchups
-WvW rewards chests
-WvW Leaderboard
gear for badges

Here’s an edited version showing things that we actually care about in wvw. I even added one to the bottom that we also don’t care about. Look at the only things that actually changed wvw….

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Here’s an edited version showing things that we actually care about in wvw. I even added one to the bottom that we also don’t care about. Look at the only things that actually changed wvw….

Oh, so just because “we” don’t care about them they were not added?
I am quite sure “we” don’t like several of those things added in PvE either, and yet people always count those anyway.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

-WvW only ablities added (1)
-WvW traps added
-New mastery skills constantly being added (1 this is a repeat)
-WvW UI overhauled
-Random matchups

I fixed your list Milky.

EU certainly cares that they have reset at their own hours of the day, not in the middle of the night. And we all care about not having to face the same drool week after week. And we all care that the RP JPers aren’t clogging EBG. And my catapults care that they deal 45% more damage.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

First of all, you did quite well in putting good captivating words in your statements.

Now

Where are your “Actions”?

So many, Too many brilliant minded players/individuals had carefuly put well Positive suggestions concerning Thief class in need of changes concerning their OP status in wvw and Spvp, yet no actions are taken.

Why don’t you answer this question,

Why than many of those Brilliant minded individuals/players threads/posts concerning those issue were Infracted and Deleted?

What “Changes” have we the remaining classes have seen from you and your team?

Absolutely Nothing..

I’m sure any “Newbies” players will “fall” for your well captivated statements but we the communit will not be taken as Fools.

It is not Personal Devon and I totally Respect you

It is obvious you are the Greater Representative of Arena net but, we are Tired of hearing the same speeches over and over again..

Next time..

Less Captivated Speech, make the Changes

And I know you can do that,

Yet

Why won’t you?

Clost to Guild Wars 2 Anniversity

Yet

No “Changes” toward Theif Overpowerdness..

Whatsoever

(It’s Obvious by now, you and your team fully Embraced and Promote Class Imbalance Mechanic)

-Way too obvious..

Thief Class..

Everyone knows this, even Honest Thief players… sees how Broken their class are.

Until than

I as a Ranger and other classes will continue be Tyrannized and be Trolled by The Over-DominatingTheif class)

(By the way, I Don’t Hate Devs, I Hate their thier Choice of Actions, especially here in Guild wars 2, where they Intentionally Promoted and Armed “to the teeth” a Highly No-Risk Class to Over-Dominate and Tyrannize Wvw, Spvp players (other classes).

And what i find Alarming is how Arena net give Unjust reasons to Justify thier cause by Intentionally Nerfing/Crippling other classes who “For Once in thier Lifetime, able to stand-up to the Bully-Thief”

Now I wonder, does Arena net Promotes and Rewards Class Bullying?

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

After seeing the thread about orbs and stat buffs.

I’m losing faith.

Stat buffs?

REALLY?

Meega Kweesta

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

-WvW culling fixed
-WvW ranks added
-WvW only ablities added
-WvW traps added
-WvW UI overhauled
-Random matchups
-WvW rewards chests
-WvW Leaderboard

A new map is coming as Devon teased about a while ago plus changes to the current maps and the orb mechanic coming back so saying WvW is neglected is completely false and that they are not doing anything is wrong.

You could at least censor your list to things that matter.

- Culling was a huge improvement, grats on getting one right ANET.
- WXP ranks, abilities are a joke, the laziest implementation of a progression system that encourages massive zergs doing PvDoor, which in turn contributes to the skill lag issue.
- Traps – does it really count as a positive when you almost never see them and not many people care about them?
- Ascended items only added MONTHS after most people have theirs already and really just providing a slight laurel discount is really not a good effort on their part. Still missing stat combinations on things like backpacks.
- Breakout event is another lazy bit of implementation that is abused far more often then it is used for what it was designed.
- Champ loot a nice change, my guess it was by accident and just happened because of the code they added for all champs.
- didn’t care about the time separated, like to point out that the original response to restart time issues was that it couldn’t be separated, but in the end yes great for the EU crowd.
- new masteries being added… lol… when I see a mastery useful to those of us that do not like using siege I will care
- new UI is nice, but not something I cared about nor do I think it is relatively important to a persons enjoyment of WvW
- Random matchups has been a failure and a lazy bit of implementation, imo
- who cares that the jump puzzle was separated, it wasnt nearly a big an issue as the blathering fools thought it was in the first place.
- Explain why WXP rank chests have horrible loot, while I can run around doing PvE events for guaranteed golds far more per day and easier then I can get WXP ranks, yet all I get from WXP rank chests are blues and golds.
- Did you seriously just list leaders boards as a positive? Yet another fine example of doing the very bare minimum you can do and still be able to call it something. DAoC had leader boards, this game has a list of servers in order of their ranking, like we couldnt see that already

The reason ANET gets hated on is because a portion of the player base has no respect for their efforts. To me it is yet another giant pile of potential flushed down the drain by a developer team that really does not care about WvW.

Coming here every week or two and flash responding to threads, saying nothing and contributing nothing, just annoys me because I think it is fake and just done to appease fools.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Urrid.4593

Stat buffs. Anet is IN TOUCH with what wvw needs (like a hammer to the head).

in WvW

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I as a Ranger and other classes will continue be Tyrannized and be Trolled by The Over-DominatingTheif class)

a learn to play issue, maybe this might help you becoming better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgB1anusH7E

in WvW

Slomo.1029

June 11

World vs. World

World Ability Points have been refunded to all players who earned them. Changes were made to Arrow Cart Mastery, allowing players to reallocate their points. This is a one-time reset.
Arrow Cart Mastery skills have had their range reduced to be better in balance with other siege weapons.
The WvW Ranks and Abilities tab now displays how many bonus rank-up chests a character has remaining.
Superior Siege and Omega Golem blueprints now have different icons from regular siege blueprints.

June 25

World vs. World

Mortar Mastery has been added to the Ranks and Abilities tab.
Increases blast radius on all skills.
Increases fire field duration.
Reduces recharge on all mortar skills.
Increases damage on all mortar skills.
New Skill: Mortar Barrage
Launches a barrage of rounds that pushes back foes where they land.

July 9

World vs. World

Siege blueprints are no longer account-bound and can now be mailed to other players and traded on the Trading Post. Players who already have any siege blueprints and want the tradable version can either obtain another or use the one they have and then use the “2” skill to pack it up again.
The Outmanned buff has been renamed to Outnumbered.
Build Master: Decreases the amount of time it takes to build siege engines. Build Master has been added to the Ranks and Abilities tab.
Repair Master: Decreases the amount of time it takes to repair walls or gates. Repair Master has been added to the Ranks and Abilities tab.

July 23

World vs. World

Catapult Mastery has been added to the Ranks and Abilities tab.
Increases damage done to walls.
Gravel Shot now does bleed on hit.
Increases radius on all skills.
Increases damage on all catapult skills.
New skill: Siege Bubble
Creates a shield that destroys all projectiles around a catapult.

August 6

World vs. World

Supply Mastery has been added to the Ranks and Abilities tab.
Picking up supply is now instant.
Gains swiftness when the entire supply is spent.
Gains courier speed and increases movement speed by 50% after picking up supply.
Gains a chance to recover some supply after it’s spent.
Deployed siege sites gain 3 seconds of invulnerability.

There, two months of “work”. 3/4 of the content was adding stuff via a fresh, newly created framework (=people know how it works, no need to spend time to figure the framework out). Since devs almost never admit failure on their part people expect a lot more than this.

I’d argue that the game polishing stuff (wallet, AoE loot etc.) made WvW players more happy than this.

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

a learn to play issue, maybe this might help you becoming better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgB1anusH7E

I Appreciate the video.. Ranger did played good

Yet the Problems with Thief remains..

-Attacking while in Stealth, Resetting the Fight

Even the Ranger stated in the video how to , “Swing and Hope”

I reserve my Hope in Fighting someone whom I can see, as a Normal Person.

Seriously

What other Mmorg in Mmorg History beside Guild Wars 2, comes out with this Theatric Lunatic Class-(Theif) style of gameplay?

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: yesfourme.8906

yesfourme.8906

Only hardcore players spend time to register here, and post something you and the developers may have deem hateful.

When hardcore players start to complain, Arenet should take a serious time to look why. These players have played a lot, and “advice”/complain on Arenet what to do to keep the game fun. Failure to do may lead to a lost of revenue as they may quit out of frustrating. If they quit, their friends may quit. And nobody wants to play/buy a game when a lot of people keep complaining on the forum about lack of the fun factor.

(edited by yesfourme.8906)

in WvW

Posted by: problematic.9623

problematic.9623

A WvW claim:
More than 50% of the NA bracket hardcore multi-game organizations/guilds are no longer active in the WvW scene. Anyone ready to challenge that claim? Information needed: A compiled list of multi-game guilds that entered GW2 at launch. Q: How many of these multi-game guilds operate under reduced activity? Q: How much of each organizations membership is inactive? I claim that 50% of these groups are no longer active in the NA bracket of WvW. I want to test that claim. I need data. I will not do such a project by myself [this could be a project for Anet].
Opinion:
They have been replaced by less serious players

Is anyone interested in compiling a list of the “big” names that moved on? Do we want to talk about membership/activity level of the ones that remain? Lets see some data.

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate

(edited by problematic.9623)

in WvW

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

TIL thick skinned means responding to favorable posts “like be nice, guys” and not challenging negative, but constructive, ones.

Fun fact for the WvW community and Developers:
More than 50% of the NA bracket hardcore multi-game organizations/guilds are no longer active in the WvW scene.
Opinion:

Is anyone interested in compiling a list of the “big” names that moved on? Do we want to talk about membership/activity level of the ones that remain? Lets see some data.

Well, WvW doesn’t have the depth to be taken seriously, so the demographic matches with the design. And as long as metrics prove that players are still playing I doubt any meaningful changes will take place. If changes do occur it won’t exactly affect the level of engagement or depth. Case in point, progression update that ANet made such a big deal about a few months back did little but add slow power creep to a stale game mode. There was also culling but that was looooong overdue.

It’s not so bad though as there are plenty of promising games on the horizon. I’ve readied my bags ages ago.

(edited by TwoBit.5903)

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Dev team?

After the “WvW Patch” where Habib turned things over to Devon it seems pretty clear that dev resources focused on WvW were diverted to other things. Hello four Living Story teams.

I like Devon, he’s pretty open with us, and his post a month or two back showed that he understands some of the core problems that are wrong with WvW.

But I think he is stuck in a dank corner at A-Net totally alone, with a lopsided desk propped up on a phonebook, with a solitary flickering lightbulb to light his workspace.

Every morning he walks into his cubicle past the dozens of happily humming Living Story designers and flips on his computer. Desperate to provide even one line in the patch notes related to WvW he opens notepad and starts doodling, “Building upgrade mastery” upgrades cost 5% less, “Dolyak Slayer mastery” take 10% less damage from dolyaks…

I don’t blame Devon, he’s been given a thankless job with apparently zero resources.

I just wish A-Net would wake up, and realize what every other MMO has realized at some point. WvW/PvP populations are small compared to PVE, but they are vocal and important. When you lose that population, the PVErs start to look around and think to themselves, “Why do I need cool skins, when there are no 70 man zergs to run around with and show off?”

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

problematic.9623

TIL thick skinned means responding to favorable posts “like be nice, guys” and not challenging negative, but constructive, ones.

A WvW claim:
More than 50% of the NA bracket hardcore multi-game organizations/guilds are no longer active in the WvW scene. Anyone ready to challenge that claim? Information needed: A compiled list of multi-game guilds that entered GW2 at launch. Q: How many of these multi-game guilds operate under reduced activity? Q: How much of each organizations membership is inactive? I claim that 50% of these groups are no longer active in the NA bracket of WvW. I want to test that claim. I need data. I will not do such a project by myself [this could be a project for Anet].

Opinion:

Well, WvW doesn’t have the depth to be taken seriously, so the demographic matches with the design. And as long as metrics prove that players are still playing I doubt any meaningful changes will take place. If changes do occur it won’t exactly affect the level of engagement or depth. Case in point, progression update that ANet made such a big deal about a few months back did little but add slow power creep to a stale game mode. There was also culling but that was looooong overdue.

It’s not so bad though as there are plenty of promising games on the horizon. I’ve readied my bags ages ago.

That is an interesting response. It would be helpful to know who you played with, what server, how long ago you left? “WvW doesn’t have the depth to be taken seriously,” OK, I can work with that. Would you agree that players were expecting depth? Would you agree we wanted depth? Would you agree that players offered ideas how to increase depth in WvW?

“And as long as metrics prove that players are still playing I doubt any meaningful changes will take place. " I share this concern. The point of my post was this concern. I find it misleading to say population is stable or improving in WvW. The players that have replaced those who left are not the same. I estimate that many older “1st gen” gamers quit and were replaced by younger gamers. There is a generational difference in expectations between them. Does anyone appreciate that fact?

Phun – Guardian

(edited by problematic.9623)

in WvW

Vena.8436

Fun fact for the WvW community and Developers:
More than 50% of the NA bracket hardcore multi-game organizations/guilds are no longer active in the WvW scene.

I’m actually interested in how you even went about corroborating such a “fact”.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

problematic.9623

I agree with you Vena. I am also interested. I will edit the post to communicate the topic better.

Phun – Guardian

in WvW

Vena.8436

I agree with you Vena. I am also interested. I will edit the post to communicate the topic better.

Its not so much that I haven’t seen it occur, in either direction, but more that I’m interested in where you got >50% from.

It’s probably safer to say that “hardcore” players have come and gone, some returning others not, but I don’t know how you’d ever gauge such a statement with numbers or percentages, nevermind how you’d actually weigh such numbers with who left for what reason. I know as many people who left for RL as I know who left out of boredom or dissatisfaction.

This cirque has been run before, on the eve of NW releasing…

… I don’t think anyone plays that game anymore. So let’s count our chickens after they hatch when it comes to “great things on the horizon”.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

WvW players have been keeping the game alive and yet get poor rewards for this. Arenanet has only recently started to notice how popular WvW is and that it is popular despite all these negatives.

Unfortunately, the failing parts of the game are going into production overdrive and the part that works, WvW is being starved of attention.

I enjoy living events like everyone else, but they aren’t the main part of my game. I haven’t been in a dungeon for months and I don’t do that Spvp thing. There are many like me, who put in hours each day organising their server offense and defence. Whole guilds and communities are dedicated to this aspect of the game, a thankless aspect that sees them forced to avoid alts and into poverty.

It’s no surprise that people are feeling unhappy and are needing to vent. I am sure that if they remained silent, the dev team would ignore them, thinking all was well.

Much as a great deal of the constructive feedback has apparently been ignored…..getting angry is the only thing the community has left.