Can we talk wvw activity and numbers

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

After this weeks server openings I’m pretty sure there is either no algorithm that controls player numbers on the realms or it’s a terrible faulty one.

Here is the actual list of tier 1 and tier 2

Tier 1:
Tarnished Coast — Full
Blackgate — Very High
Maguuma — Very High

Tier 2:
Jade Quarry — Full
Fort Aspenwood — Very High
Sea of Sorrows — Very High

I don’t understand how this works. Everyone playing in those tiers knows about the transfers off servers and to servers and how stacked the single servers are. There is no reason TC or JQ are full while Mag or BG aren’t.

So, what kind of population gets counted here that leads to this results?

- players on the server?
- accounts on the server?
- people logging into wvw in 24h?
- people spending more then 10 minutes in wvw?

The only way this opening in the last weeks make sense is:

- people logging into wvw in 24 hours without checking how much time they spend there or what they are doing.

So if 100 people log into wvw over a day to get a ruin for their daily that would be more population then 25 people running a group in a borderland for 3 hours.

How about you show us what you track, Anet?
Your game mode is kittened up beyond recognition and wasn’t it for some kittens transfering around every few weeks it would be dead already. So how about you check your metrics and bring some changes into wvw?

- fix your server linking and opening

some things that should be changed:

- fix your class balancing
- lower the siege cap
- give people a reason to log into wvw like you did for pvp with free gold and ascended armor
- give people reasons to defend their stuff
- make backcapping harder (indig change maybe?)
- give more points per kill and switch back to 2-1-1

I’m pretty much done with the game in it’s current state. It’s not even wvw getting old, it’s the ignorance of developers throwing new stuff at pve on a regular basis and giving a kitten about the game mode most people came here for.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

you seem to make some good points, I’m not into the game that much anymore so I’m not up to speed but I got the gist. one thing that seems weird though is your request to lower the siege cap. you want more siege? why lol?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

gebrechen.5643

No, the opposite.

in WvW

Stand The Wall.6987

oh lol. idk why I thought it was backwards. anyways.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

It really does seem like something odd is going on with their calculations.

It might just be a case of some servers having a greater number of players logging in for much shorter periods of time, but enough time over the minimum needed to count their participation in wvw like maybe BG. Or some servers having less number of individual players but they play for much more extended periods of time like maybe Mag (they do seem to have more hardcore wvw players these days).

It’s known that TC and JQ have lost guilds, JQ more recently and yet they are still over the population threshold to keep them closed.

Their minimum participation timer check could be anywhere from 5mins to an hour, who knows but them, maybe it’s something they need to recheck, the data also seemed to be collected over a period of a week before servers would change their status (think an anet dev mentioned something about this before).

Their system always seemed to react slowly to population loss and open a server up (if it does indeed drop below the threshold), but reacts quicker on closing servers up, like the times they only open for a day which suggest manual closure.

Maybe BG dropped below the threshold last week and then Anet closed them quickly because of complaints, but they really hadn’t gone above the threshold and the calculations over the past week determined that and reopened it again.

We also have to keep in mind some servers have tried to game the system with players, guilds or popular commanders taking breaks and dropping participation numbers. Which is why the system should not react instantly to fluctuations which it seems players want.

Any number of things could be happen with the system at the moment, they do need to maybe take another look and fine tune the system, and also maybe drop the population threshold again (without telling us this time).

As for the other stuff… good luck with that.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Oh I think its working just fine, its only that it see numbers not players.

There is a pretty big difference between a 50 man guild with 5 active commanders leaving and 50 random pugs that AFK more time in spawn waiting for EB pop than playing.

Yet to the system, its 50 people leaving period.

in WvW

Posted by: Paarthurnax.8931

Paarthurnax.8931

It’s not fine.

Im on Tarnished Coast (5th) currently full while the 1th and 2nd servers are with transfers open while our wvw population is small compared to them.

It got to a point where we’re playing in peak hours, we had a 20 man squad against a truckload of people on maguuma and blackgate on the Eternal Battlegrounds, each time we got wiped, people left the squad until our commander said kitten it and we all went to EoTM instead.

In peak hours we

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

It’s not fine.

Im on Tarnished Coast (5th) currently full while the 1th and 2nd servers are with transfers open while our wvw population is small compared to them.

It got to a point where we’re playing in peak hours, we had a 20 man squad against a truckload of people on maguuma and blackgate on the Eternal Battlegrounds, each time we got wiped, people left the squad until our commander said kitten it and we all went to EoTM instead.

In peak hours we

TC is intentionally tanking this week to avoid getting locked in tier 1. This has been a wasted week of nonstop ktrains. I always enjoy fighting TC and I hate how this is playing out but I also understand why people don’t want to be in this tier. As for me, my interest in wvw couldn’t be lower when its just ktraining. Ironically there’s more fights in EoTM sometimes.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

It’s not fine.

In peak hours we

TC is intentionally tanking this week to avoid getting locked in tier 1. This has been a wasted week of nonstop ktrains. I always enjoy fighting TC and I hate how this is playing out but I also understand why people don’t want to be in this tier. As for me, my interest in wvw couldn’t be lower when its just ktraining. Ironically there’s more fights in EoTM sometimes.

If TC is intentionally tanking this week, then let me know how people on TC communicated this to their players. I’m on TC and haven’t seen or heard of anyone telling people not to play. The forums are barely even used anymore. The only thing I see when I log in to WvW is Zog running in EB wiping repeatedly. No commanders on any other maps and this is in NA timezone. There aren’t many commanders left to follow anymore, most of the good commanders have left the server.

I couldn’t believe we were put in T1 this week. Doing so shows a total lack of attention and caring from Anet. We didn’t even win the week in T2 and they put us in T1? TC is a ghost town lately.

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

each time we got wiped, people left the squad until our commander said kitten it and we all went to EoTM instead.

^This is your problem, it’s not that you lack the players, it’s that they log off when they don’t have the numbers to steam roll.
JQ is even worse about it, when Cloud Fly tags down 90% of their players leave WvW.

Mag on the other hand almost never has a tag running all through euro, but there are still a kitten ton of people playing, and those people respond to calls in team/map chat.

Your servers are listed as full because they are full, they don’t need to be opened just because you have a lot of fairweather players.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

You don’t have to announce an intentional tank to have it happen. Some of those guild tags haven’t left the server. They just chose to take the week off.

in WvW

gebrechen.5643

^This is your problem, it’s not that you lack the players, it’s that they log off when they don’t have the numbers to steam roll.
JQ is even worse about it, when Cloud Fly tags down 90% of their players leave WvW.

Mag on the other hand almost never has a tag running all through euro, but there are still a kitten ton of people playing, and those people respond to calls in team/map chat.

Your servers are listed as full because they are full, they don’t need to be opened just because you have a lot of fairweather players.

And this is pretty much bullkitten, but hey, who am I to disagree, right?

JQ has lost a lot of players in the recent months. So in two timezones there isn’t even a population greater 10-15 players – not even talking about a lack of commanders here.

Ok, but let’s consider the option “JQ is still full” – how are BG and Mag not?
Right, it makes still no sense.

in WvW

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

I wouldn’t be too hopeful for any dev or ANET response here lol. They’ve stealth deleted the other threads that were made expressing people’s frustration with WvW and population lel. So don’t expect this thread to be up more than another 2 days.

Devs don’t like being told their cr*p sucks lul. They’ve stealth deleted like 3 threads already within the last week.

But to get more on subject. Transfer to Mag. We got Gud playerz. It’s basically Mag Vs. The World since everyone h8’s us.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in WvW

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

It’s not fine.

In peak hours we

TC can’t fight tier 1 atm. It is clear as day. We could barely keep up with tier 2 (just making second place the one week and coming in dead last the second). We don’t have the numbers or the enthusiasm. We’ve lost a lot of guilds over the last month and a half. Some of us gave up when we saw tier 1, just because of how poor the attitudes are of the other servers, some of us gave up mid way through the match up because it isnt fun to get bag farmed at spawns, some of us despite being frustrated are actually still trying.

I can tell you there are a few guilds that say were throwing, still that does not rep the entire TC community, Zog’s been running some pretty substantial hours, [Wolf] has been running some aggressive hours as well and we have had a lot recruitment going on.

Last night was pretty gloom, as we spent 5 hours being spawn camped on every bl by mag and bg with 0-6 ppt. We couldn’t even muster up enough people to take back ebg keep during prime time. It was almost enough to write another ticket to support.

I don’t understand how were closed when can’t even muster 30 people into eb during prime, yet, its fine for mag and bg to open with double onimblobs ktraining everywhere. Sure you may have had fun and have your own perception but I don’t share it.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in WvW

Eval.2371

I wouldn’t be too hopeful for any dev or ANET response here lol. They’ve stealth deleted the other threads that were made expressing people’s frustration with WvW and population lel. So don’t expect this thread to be up more than another 2 days.

Devs don’t like being told their cr*p sucks lul. They’ve stealth deleted like 3 threads already within the last week.

But to get more on subject. Transfer to Mag. We got Gud playerz. It’s basically Mag Vs. The World since everyone h8’s us.

Do the community a favor. Flood support. It’s the only way policy will change. If they get enough feedback eventually it will pile up and they will have to do something about it.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

JQ has lost a lot of players in the recent months. So in two timezones there isn’t even a population greater 10-15 players – not even talking about a lack of commanders here.

I tried to get on during reset a couple weeks ago and JQ had 50+ man queues for every map, I waited about an hour trying to get in, with the queue barely moving before I hopped over to my Mag account and I immediately got onto a bl.

Any time I logged onto JQ during the day I’d see 10 people sitting at spawn and 20 more sitting in the keep. These players didn’t roam, didn’t respond to call outs, they didn’t do a kittening thing until someone tagged up and then they’d all blob up on him. The second the person tagged down they’d leave or go back to sitting around. Whenever Cloudfly showed up you’d see 50 more people pop out of whatever PvE zone they were kittening around in to come follow him and you’d have queued maps in the middle of the day.

Even with losing a few guilds I’m not surprised JQ is still showing as full, the server has the players to spare. Just because they leave as soon as things get tough doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be counted.

On the flipside, when I play on Mag during the day I’ll see the same 20-30 people every day. They are usually running tagless in small groups, poking at kitten trying to find some entertainment. When something does come up and gets called out in chat these groups all converge because they are starved for action.

I have no reason to lie about what I’ve observed, I have no loyalty to either of these servers, I’ll likely move my Mag account after the next links because T1 is stale as kitten. JQ has a kitten load more pugs than Mag, even with Mag’s recent bandwagon

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

^ exactly what he said. U have ppl on playing but they just afk there at spawn doing nothing and run to eotm to ktrain but they are already counted as active player since they showed up for certain amount of time in WvW.

(edited by Limodriver.4106)

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Last night during “late NA” hours (~7-9 PST), there were times when TC owned nothing – not a single objective. I imagine that is pretty demoralizing and leads to people just not playing. This isn’t fun for anyone. I don’t know what the solution is, but the Full numbers must be off somehow.

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Do the community a favor. Flood support. It’s the only way policy will change. If they get enough feedback eventually it will pile up and they will have to do something about it.

Doubt it.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

get JQ linked with TC, lets t1 it

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

but coming into the subject the main core argument here it is the following

if you have a bottle filled with water to the top…then its full…but if you slip some water out it or drink from it…then its not full right? that is the logic…guess what? for anet is the opposite, the bottle is still full of water that they think it cant hold anymore so they put a cover on it

capiche? so yes their system is utterly garbage or they just do it in purpose, besides anet doesnt play in tc/jq and even other servers even when they say they do and the worst thing it would be if they take wvw activity those who just log in 10 mins for dailies…

I took an arrow to the knee

(edited by JemL.3501)

in WvW

Stand The Wall.6987

snipples

eye herd u guise r gonna git epi nurphed

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

It’s not fine.

In peak hours we

TC can’t fight tier 1 atm. It is clear as day. We could barely keep up with tier 2 (just making second place the one week and coming in dead last the second). We don’t have the numbers or the enthusiasm. We’ve lost a lot of guilds over the last month and a half. Some of us gave up when we saw tier 1, just because of how poor the attitudes are of the other servers, some of us gave up mid way through the match up because it isnt fun to get bag farmed at spawns, some of us despite being frustrated are actually still trying.

I can tell you there are a few guilds that say were throwing, still that does not rep the entire TC community, Zog’s been running some pretty substantial hours, [Wolf] has been running some aggressive hours as well and we have had a lot recruitment going on.

Last night was pretty gloom, as we spent 5 hours being spawn camped on every bl by mag and bg with 0-6 ppt. We couldn’t even muster up enough people to take back ebg keep during prime time. It was almost enough to write another ticket to support.

I don’t understand how were closed when can’t even muster 30 people into eb during prime, yet, its fine for mag and bg to open with double onimblobs ktraining everywhere. Sure you may have had fun and have your own perception but I don’t share it.

I can tell you there are many of us on BG that are not interested in this kind of garbage, and are very unhappy about it. I hope in the future we get back to having some good fights because I always liked having TC and JQ in a matchup.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Crazy.6029

Crazy.6029

What a lot of players and probably Anet doesn’t realize is the number of people zoning in just to farm the nodes in towers and keeps and camps. I see this all the time. Players zone in head to keep, then start making there way around the map purely for the material nodes. Then they just bounce maps and rinse and repeat. I’ve noticed it for a while now, but since there has been some strange openings and closings of servers it all makes sense.
I see it when I’m roaming and refreshing siege or building siege. They are players I don’t recognize and don’t have known guild tags they don’t fight they just go straight for nodes. I do believe JQ and TC have large Pve populations so,…it makes sense.

in WvW

gebrechen.5643

What a lot of players and probably Anet doesn’t realize is the number of people zoning in just to farm the nodes in towers and keeps and camps.

This is pretty much the point. Same as login in and doing a daily quest in the ruins or killing a sentry.

And we still don’t know if Anet is smart enough to not count them as wvw population – to be honest I think they just count accounts that log into wvw regardless what they do there or how long they are in there.

We had a similar problem in 2014 when home borderland was queued on many servers because people used the crafting stations, farmed centaurs or afk’d in the jumping puzzle. It took them forever to “fix” this issues.

Sorry, Anet, I won’t transfer. I don’t invest any more money before you put developers on the many issues your wvw has.

And obviously you forgot that wvw is the only thing were your game is better than the other games on the market – you’d be stupid to ignore that.

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

each time we got wiped, people left the squad until our commander said kitten it and we all went to EoTM instead.

Sorry you are way off the mark here. TC doesn’t have numbers to compete in T1 at the moment or even at NA in T2.

You say yourself that in EU Mag has a kitten ton of players playing even when there is no tag but that’s not true on TC. There is no kitten ton of players maybe 10-15 at best if there isn’t a pin or sometimes even if there is! This is numbers across all bls….

BG friends saying, TC people saying, likely people on other servers saying…how on earth is Mag still open? Mag blobs are real and even Mag guilds complain that they can’t run private without a kitten ton of people following…it’s killing T1 and the poor unfortunate T2 server who rolls T1, end of story.

Anet needs to revamp the algorithm that determines wvw server size but I guess they collect easy money as band wagoners head to Mag while ushering wvw to its speedy death.

Mag needs to seriously destack if it really wants people to fight otherwise why would you fight that bloated kitten?

Totally agree with OP’s points.

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

Sorry you are way off the mark here. TC doesn’t have numbers to compete in T1 at the moment or even at NA in T2.

You say yourself that in EU Mag has a kitten ton of players playing even when there is no tag but that’s not true on TC. There is no kitten ton of players maybe 10-15 at best if there isn’t a pin or sometimes even if there is! This is numbers across all bls….

BG friends saying, TC people saying, likely people on other servers saying…how on earth is Mag still open? Mag blobs are real and even Mag guilds complain that they can’t run private without a kitten ton of people following…it’s killing T1 and the poor unfortunate T2 server who rolls T1, end of story.

Anet needs to revamp the algorithm that determines wvw server size but I guess they collect easy money as band wagoners head to Mag while ushering wvw to its speedy death.

Mag needs to seriously destack if it really wants people to fight otherwise why would you fight that bloated kitten?

the servers in T2 are more stacked than mag. Mag just has better all around coverage. T1 in general is pretty ded at the moment all around. Mag has always had a strong EU and NA since the T3 days.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

It’s not fine.

In peak hours we

If TC is intentionally tanking this week, then let me know how people on TC communicated this to their players. I’m on TC and haven’t seen or heard of anyone telling people not to play. The forums are barely even used anymore. The only thing I see when I log in to WvW is Zog running in EB wiping repeatedly. No commanders on any other maps and this is in NA timezone. There aren’t many commanders left to follow anymore, most of the good commanders have left the server.

I couldn’t believe we were put in T1 this week. Doing so shows a total lack of attention and caring from Anet. We didn’t even win the week in T2 and they put us in T1? TC is a ghost town lately.

This is exactly it. Zog is literally the only commander running on TC regularly during NA peak hours. I’ve seen about 3 other guilds with commanders that seem to run only 1-2x per week. I’ve noticed numbers have severely dropped this week as compared to T2 so there certainly is a lot less interest.

I also noticed quite a few times in map chat people mentioning they were booking off to EoTM. If this is the case, then why doesn’t Anet just go all in and just remove the server separation completely and turn it into Blue vs Red vs Green much like EotM is. If people are continually leaving to go to EoTM because the fights are better due to even numbers, then that is a possible sign that maybe WvW in general is better off matched up the same way. This would completely eliminate the mismatches. Then just create overflow maps when maps become full that also count towards score.

Keep in mind, some people called for some sort of server linking, some people screamed no way, never will happen, but it did. People also screamed to add some sort of reward system for the longest time in WvW. Again many people stepped forward and said “oh we do this for the fights” “don’t do this, it’ll draw casuals in” “it’ll never happen” but again, it did.

At some point in time the population is going to drop off to the point it only makes sense to do it. I know some people will come forward and say “it’ll never happen” “don’t do it” etc.. etc.., but at this point, this might be the only solution, especially if there is some issue with their population calculation. As it seems now to me, we are at that point.

in WvW

Stand The Wall.6987

snipples

its funny, I always thought of eotm as the overflow map. guess not eh.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Yeah I’m going to go ahead and call bs on that. I don’t have a TC account so I can’t talk about it to the same extent as Mag and JQ but just in this thread alone I’ve seen multiple people from TC saying that their zergs are going to eotm after they wiped, certain guilds are taking the week off to purposefully tank out of T1, and people already gave up at the beginning of the week when they saw they were in T1.

If anet opened up a full server every time a handful of guilds took a week off the system would be stupid easy to manipulate.

LGN

in WvW

Stand The Wall.6987

If anet opened up a full server every time a handful of guilds took a week off the system would be stupid easy to manipulate.

I think that’s the issue. people are saying that other servers can do this so why cant tc. personally idk but it sounds possible. maybe theyre moving alts?
why do tc ppl even want to be in t1 anyways? ive been on tc for a while now and would rather not watch our bad pugs get run over any more. tc doesn’t have the meleetrain to compete most of the time, at least this was the case when I played.

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

It’s wierd, in T2 TC can put up multiple map queues, but in tier 1 TC struggles to put up a single map q…. how do you accurately measure population when theres such a large difference in activity between tiers?

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

It’s a mental thing, Panda. It’s like being in the gym locker room. When you’re the big dawg, you strut around with confidence. But when a bigger guy walks in, you suddenly cover yourself with a towel and hide in the changing stall until he leaves.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Which is why Anet and the system cannot instantly react to the change in activity, because a lot of times it would be false information. Since matches last a week, and players will take off the entire week to avoid bad matches, or just go play in eotm (which isn’t counted for activity but they’re still on the server to play wvw in the future), the data has to be collected over a period of weeks or months for proper comparison.

The only thing that could speed up the process of checking activity, is if the system actually does spot checks to see how many accounts actually transferred in and out during the week as well. If JQ had 2000 player activity last week, and lost 4 guilds of maybe 200 players, maybe that puts them under the threshold right away, then maybe they can open right away instead of waiting another week to check previous activity.

We may want a more complicated screening process for player activity (like taking out the daily farmers), but the reality is these days it really only affects a few servers because they were/are in t1, it’s not a problem for 20+ servers.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Which is why Anet and the system cannot instantly react to the change in activity, because a lot of times it would be false information. Since matches last a week, and players will take off the entire week to avoid bad matches, or just go play in eotm (which isn’t counted for activity but they’re still on the server to play wvw in the future), the data has to be collected over a period of weeks or months for proper comparison.

The only thing that could speed up the process of checking activity, is if the system actually does spot checks to see how many accounts actually transferred in and out during the week as well. If JQ had 2000 player activity last week, and lost 4 guilds of maybe 200 players, maybe that puts them under the threshold right away, then maybe they can open right away instead of waiting another week to check previous activity.

We may want a more complicated screening process for player activity (like taking out the daily farmers), but the reality is these days it really only affects a few servers because they were/are in t1, it’s not a problem for 20+ servers.

^ Thank you. I swear it’s like people think the server needs to open up the second they see the outnumbered buff. The fairweather’s haven’t left the server, they are just waiting for an easier match.

LGN

in WvW

Shazmataz.1423

Yeah I’m going to go ahead and call bs on that. I don’t have a TC account so I can’t talk about it to the same extent as Mag and JQ but just in this thread alone I’ve seen multiple people from TC saying that their zergs are going to eotm after they wiped, certain guilds are taking the week off to purposefully tank out of T1, and people already gave up at the beginning of the week when they saw they were in T1.

Haha there’s no telling some people…. I’m on TC so what would I know right?? Zerg of 20 TC being wiped by 40+ then logging probably true…that kitten is no fun. Guilds tanking? Our tag is out of town this week or we would be raiding. TC wasn’t tanking in T2 and doesn’t have the numbers to compete cept our ppk kept us afloat…but keep your story going cos it will mean that you have no one to fight.

Fact! T1 is no fun with a truck ton of mag pouring down on 20 people and BG painting our bl with their colour….if TC had numbers to compete we would but we can’t field the numbers-it’s that simple. And not going to get any cos TC locked.

Yesterday 3 friends from Mag complaining once more that their guilds cant get fights cos they are too fat with pugs following….guess that’s bs too right??

Mag needs the slim down for even population fights or are you happy steam rolling a zerg of 20?

in WvW

Shazmataz.1423

It’s wierd, in T2 TC can put up multiple map queues, but in tier 1 TC struggles to put up a single map q…. how do you accurately measure population when theres such a large difference in activity between tiers?

Erm….how have you seen multiple map queues on TC in the past couple of months?? I guess 2 maps queued on reset could be stretched as multiple….not through the week though.

Anet needs to devise a better way of keeping tabs on who is playing wvw or time duration played in wvw to get a more accurate picture of population. Monitoring guilds for participation should be included. Eotm participation must be able to be monitored…though any wvw player worth their salt won’t go there. But Anet either doesn’t have the resources or can’t be bothered.

There also seems to be a preoccupation here with fair weathering, guilds running in Eotm or desire for easy match ups to describe decreasing wvw population. Get real wvw game mode is just about dead.

(edited by Shazmataz.1423)

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Instead of giving it more population maybe it should just get a link with a bigger server like hod, nsp or et… Yes we get map que midweek prime NA on hod. If t3 and t4 servers can get map que then a server like TC just needs to form a wvw community by promotion not direct their wvw population to EotM.

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Haha there’s no telling some people…. I’m on TC so what would I know right?? Zerg of 20 TC being wiped by 40+ then logging probably true…that kitten is no fun. Guilds tanking? Our tag is out of town this week or we would be raiding. TC wasn’t tanking in T2 and doesn’t have the numbers to compete cept our ppk kept us afloat…but keep your story going cos it will mean that you have no one to fight.

Fact! T1 is no fun with a truck ton of mag pouring down on 20 people and BG painting our bl with their colour….if TC had numbers to compete we would but we can’t field the numbers-it’s that simple. And not going to get any cos TC locked.

Yesterday 3 friends from Mag complaining once more that their guilds cant get fights cos they are too fat with pugs following….guess that’s bs too right??

Mag needs the slim down for even population fights or are you happy steam rolling a zerg of 20?

Mag has and always will be dependent upon numbers to win. The combat system now allows that style to be amplified. Simple.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Mag has and always will be dependent upon numbers to win. The combat system now allows that style to be amplified. Simple.

Afaik magumma has relied on kdr to carry it’s points or whatever it is other people care about.

in WvW

Shazmataz.1423

Instead of giving it more population maybe it should just get a link with a bigger server like hod, nsp or et… Yes we get map que midweek prime NA on hod. If t3 and t4 servers can get map que then a server like TC just needs to form a wvw community by promotion not direct their wvw population to EotM.

….

in WvW

Eval.2371

From my own experience, its not tier1 specifically. It’s mag and the way the play for me.
They run inside the moment they are in any kind of danger and not outnumbering you 2:1. Or sit on motar or cannon for 35 minutes firing the entire time while people actually try to have fights. On top of that they run some pretty uninteresting and cheesy setups.

It boils down to me personally that I don’t care for their non sense. I play to have fun, and what they are doing isnt in the spirit of interesting game play it is winning at all costs. I know a lot of people on TC that feel the same way. It’s what drives a lot of people away.

You can tell people to get good, or grow thick skin or w/e the fact of the matter if people aren’t having fun, they wont play. That’s what this match up this week is. It’s not fun. It has very little to do with winning; the last two weeks in tier 2 were pretty clear on that. We didn’t win either week, but we had lots of interesting fights and opponents, not cheesy garbage and overwhelmingly out numbered fights.

Afaik magumma has relied on kdr to carry it’s points or whatever it is other people care about.

KDR is one thing. Avoiding all fights where you do not outnumber the opponent is another thing. I can count two separate occasions over this week where someone from mag didn’t run, call for help and actually fought fights. From my experience, mag don’t want fights. They want easy bags and ppk. People get tired of playing with that so they’ve gone elsewhere.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout

(edited by Eval.2371)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It really does seem like something odd is going on with their calculations.

It might just be a case of some servers having a greater number of players logging in for much shorter periods of time, but enough time over the minimum needed to count their participation in wvw like maybe BG.

This is clearly the case, its the only explanation.

Why anet can’t see the issues with this and why they don’t work out another way of working out a population cap I have no idea. They probably don’t have the resources to actually work on entirely new code like that.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

gebrechen.5643

Sad part about this is that Anet has abandoned wvw as a game mode. So nothing will happen besides stupid changes to desert borderland – the map no one really wants and that fixes non of the issues the game has.
But at least some pve dudes can go to desert borderland for the ruins daily now.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

When players stop migrating and start being loyal to a single server, things could well improve and balance out, but that’s not likely to happen until the players get sick and tired of the roller coaster of the population inequities (and worse link inequities) it’s not us, it’s a game mode where there is no reward for loyalty, none at all.

I thought as the years progressed that the Tournaments would build server pride and loyalty, but with the institution of the megaserver (worst idea ever) and the follow on lack of counting only WvW players and then the discontinuing of the Tournaments, WvW became more of a popularity contest where most players follow one or two tags and couldn’t care less about the rest of the players or the server as a whole.

We aren’t allowed to care about our servers any longer.

The linkings have destroyed any privacy of tactics we once had, as our methods and practices are spread by past links while more and more players, like me, extremely heavy on the WvW, play less and less and more PvE where the rewards are better and the map isn’t as trolly or empty _______ insert the hole in your timezone – all but the largest servers or unbalanced 5v1 or 6v1 server matches have huge holes in EU timeszones, if one is NA.

So, we have a cascade of actions that have brought us to the lowest morale point for WvW on any server.

Even JQ isn’t happy and players still want to move there… but can’t.

The linking isn’t working to anyone’s advantage except the Prime Time blobs who still sit in queues.

Tournaments were important.

Loyalty isn’t rewarded.

Mentoring and supporting follow-on commanders is a lost art in much of gaming, this one is no exception. Some games did this well, this one needs improvement to get players to trust one another and be cooperative, not destructive.

This is my hobby. It keeps me busy at night when not much outside restaurants and 24 hour pharmacies are open but in WvW there are few players on some maps on some servers and the players who have, for the last five years, been the lifeblood of WvW, the core when others are asleep or at work, are tired of the lack of care for WvW.

Give us some hope that linking can end – that loyalty can be rewarded in a way that builds teams and trust in a gaming mode that should be the shining example of cooperative play.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

in WvW

gebrechen.5643

Players are the main reason for the rollercoaster. it isn’t Anet – even with their stupid changes they are not the only ones to blame.
It’s the stupid thinking that transfering to another server changes the fights or something. Then they play there for some weeks and get bored again or get farmed and transfer elsewhere. With every transfer you lose some players that are sick of transfering and stop playing.

I never get it why this is so much of an issue on NA.

in WvW

atheria.2837

In regards to the algorithm – Anet still to this day has not made it clear who they are counting and when for WvW population.

Standing AFK for hours is done by many – they move for a few seconds, then are counted for naught but the server isn’t getting the benefit of their help – and it’s getting old.

Maps are misreporting the colors of keeps, towers and camps, and Anet won’t fix the issue – and running to a camp that is yours when it’s GREEN but is reporting to the map as RED is not fun nor productive.

Anet needs to start caring about WvW again.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

atheria.2837

Players are the main reason for the rollercoaster. it isn’t Anet – even with their stupid changes they are not the only ones to blame.
It’s the stupid thinking that transfering to another server changes the fights or something. Then they play there for some weeks and get bored again or get farmed and transfer elsewhere. With every transfer you lose some players that are sick of transfering and stop playing.

I never get it why this is so much of an issue on NA.

I haven’t transferred in over two years – closer to three, so my comment is stronger than ever – server loyalty isn’t important so people think that the grass is greener on the next server, when it never will be.

I am loyal to my server, but most don’t invest in nor get to know the players who are behind that animated toon.

Loyalty rewards are needed in WvW to save WvW. That and unlinking all and letting slow servers be slow and big servers be big.

Not everyone wants a huge blobby WvW experience, yet even on the smallest of servers if you are linked with two other servers, you will never have the server experience you chose in the first place.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

is it possible that new players making new toons f2p – counts in wvw pop or server pop?

what if they just keep making new accounts and don’t play it. does it count too?

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

you seem to make some good points, I’m not into the game that much anymore so I’m not up to speed but I got the gist. one thing that seems weird though is your request to lower the siege cap. you want more siege? why lol?

Yea, I am not much into the game myself. Decided to get a gf and more of a life. Hey if I am gonna get screwed anyway, may as well get the pay off!!