Cannnot Immob/Cripple/Chill Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: MIrra.3604

MIrra.3604

Q:

Is this really working as intended? The new trait gives warriors 98% reduce duration on immob/cripple/chill etc when they combine it with Lemongrass+Melandru Runes. This is a 10 POINT TRAIT yet it is over the top when fighting warrior with this setup.

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Always thought of the warrior as the slow guy who deals tons of damage + reliably tanky. I guess that sorta fits the guardian more but just my thoughts.

in WvW

Posted by: Moleless.1462

Moleless.1462

I must say, as a Gaurdian, this is the first time I’ve felt considerably jealous of the warrior.

@Doom, warriors are actually surprisingly mobile, even before this patch.

Admiral Beau
TC Commander
we need to pretect are big keep

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Yeah, actually one of the most mobile classes I’ve seen. I just don’t think they should be that mobile. Just my opinion though :P

in WvW

Moleless.1462

Yeah, actually one of the most mobile classes I’ve seen. I just don’t think they should be that mobile. Just my opinion though :P

Well look at it this way. Most of their mobility comes from GS. The GS is a clsoe range melee weapon, so if they’re using GS for mobility, it’s mainly to run away. If a warrior is actually in combat and wants to be dealing heavy damage, they have to be in the thick of it. If they’re using GS skills as an escape, well that’s just potential damage they aren’t dealing.

Admiral Beau
TC Commander

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Traits are fine, melandu runes + food is OP as kitten. Ideally you should be able to effectively counter it with +condition duration on your end but that doesn’t pan out well enough since the majority of conditions are only 1-5s.

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Gain some lose some, the runes aren’t that good compared to others. You lose again with the food.

It can be done but comes at a price. I wont be running it because I don’t find it worth it. The trait is really nice thou and should stay the way it is.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I have to ask, why is this bugging you? Warriors are already ridiculously easy to kill in wvw, even with that setup on them. Give them just a little bit of tankiness before you crush them in battle.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Moleless.1462

I have to ask, why is this bugging you? Warriors are already ridiculously easy to kill in wvw, even with that setup on them. Give them just a little bit of tankiness before you crush them in battle.

Pretty true. I’d say warriors are atm the most killable class in WvW. No harm giving them a bit of extra escape

Admiral Beau
TC Commander

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

So much this. Warriors have no sustain.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

This is quite hilarious. Warrior is super fun to play now. 3.8k armor, 3.1k attack, 70% crit chance, 26k HP, invulnerable to CC… gg. Warrior is God Mode now XD.

in WvW

pot.6805

This is quite hilarious. Warrior is super fun to play now. 3.8k armor, 3.1k attack, 70% crit chance, 26k HP, invulnerable to CC… gg. Warrior is God Mode now XD.

Then you realize you have no sustain and none of that matters. Do people still think armor and HP matter in this game? If it did Guardians and Eles wouldn’t be the top dogs.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

This..

I absolutely just take a dump on pretty much every Warrior I come across 1v1 on my Thief/Ranger/Necro.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I hate to tell you this, but most classes will still just crap on you unless you somehow jump them while they’re not looking at 100b them to death (even then most will stun break and break their foot off in your kitten /p>

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

They were always like that -.-
And as a guardian i never could chase a warrior -.-

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I’ve only played mes since release. Can someone define “sustain” for me as it’s being used with regards to warriors?

in WvW

Posted by: thievery.2701

thievery.2701

I don’t run this setup but I find it funny that people think warrior is the most killable class. I wont go too much into my build but I have mostly pvt gear and I run sword/shield & greatsword. I don’t die unless I decide I’m going to go down with the ship so to speak. Even then, I’m one of, if not the last man standing in a losing fight, not counting those who ran away of course :P The most killable class is the one with the worse person playing it.

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

A mostly melee damage dealing class should not have mobility ?Mkaaay

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

(edited by graverr.6473)

in WvW

pot.6805

I’ve only played mes since release. Can someone define “sustain” for me as it’s being used with regards to warriors?

In regards to warriors, it usually is referring to warriors lack of sustained healing.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: TallDan.6350

TallDan.6350

I’m sure there must be some good warrior builds/players out there it’s just there are lots of zerker glass warriors, that are easy to kill, makes the class look weak.

Lady suzi ~ Human Guardian {} Gizmo Gregory ~ Asura Engineer
Firezof Arrows ~ Sylvari Ranger {} Hudeeni ~ Norn Mesmer
Ruins of Surmia [KoA]

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I don’t run this setup but I find it funny that people think warrior is the most killable class. I wont go too much into my build but I have mostly pvt gear and I run sword/shield & greatsword. I don’t die unless I decide I’m going to go down with the ship so to speak. Even then, I’m one of, if not the last man standing in a losing fight, not counting those who ran away of course :P The most killable class is the one with the worse person playing it.

I generally run bunker shout heals, but at the end of the day your just prolonging your death. Sure it’s nice to be the last one standing in a zerg, but then your alone and and most any class can 1v1 you.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

“Sustain” is not an adjective, guys, you’re thinking of sustainability.

So stop saying that.

in WvW

pot.6805

“Sustain” is not an adjective, guys, you’re thinking of sustainability.

So stop saying that.

Come on guy, we know that. Its shorthand basically. Stop trying to correct grammar as if that really matters to the discussion.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Sustain is the ability to stay in battle.
Warriors got:
-Evades(duh)
-Blocks(on certain weapon sets which limit offensive strength)
-Endure Pain
-Adrenal Healing
-Healing spells

now let’s match these up.
Evades: Standard, no need to say anything, every class got that.
Blocks can be ruled out, Endure pain is on a horrible cooldown

Leaves the regeneration, which is meh’ish and heals, which are horribly low and on rather long cooldowns. Warriors sit on a huge hp pool, but their natural healing is almost non existant in comparison, while their only way of taking some hits is on a 90 second cooldown.

If a warrior enters a battle, he will constantly lose more life than he can recover and take more hits than he can manage. He will simply bleed out due to being unable to keep his hitpoints above “0” for long.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

(edited by naphack.9346)

in WvW

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Mastering the warrior in a duel situation takes more skill than other classes but it can be done. Warrior has a limited time frame he can work with due to the lack of sustained healing that some other classes have, but it can make up for it with an initial high armor/HP pool along with high damage and capacity for crowd control.

A cc warri at best can keep an enemy crowd controlled 100% of the time.

Warriors have some decent match-ups in duels. A properly played warrior shouldn’t lose to any thief other than a condi pistol (lack of reliable cond removal) or dagger/pistol thief (due to blind spam).

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Systain is the ability to stay in battle.

That would be ‘survivability’.

I always thought ‘sustain’ referred to the ability to apply constant pressure to the opposition through damage.

as in, ‘sustain’ damage being the opposite of ‘burst’ damage

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

nah, survivability doesn’t necessary mean the ability to stay in battle, it’s the ability to “not die”.
The difference is, a survivable class doesn’t necessarily need to be able to stay in battle, it’s enough to be able to stay alive under pressure, whether it’s by escaping or fighting back.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

(edited by naphack.9346)

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I presume this is all tested and we’re not just assuming it works this way? You would expect percentage things to be multiplicative. Granted that is still an enormous reduction in effectiveness, but it’s still not 2%.

But yea, you’d think something like this would be capped at 33%. That way a class could use the trait instead of food to open up other options. Kind of like how movement skills are capped at 33% but classes like Ele’s still sometimes choose to run signet for 25% as opposed to buffing for 33%.

in WvW

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

I presume this is all tested and we’re not just assuming it works this way? You would expect percentage things to be multiplicative. Granted that is still an enormous reduction in effectiveness, but it’s still not 2%. FYI – Wiki states the condition reduction cap is 95%.

But yea, you’d think something like this would be capped at 33%. That way a class could use the trait instead of food to open up other options. Kind of like how movement skills are capped at 33% but classes like Ele’s still sometimes choose to run signet for 25% as opposed to buffing for 33%.

Tested it and the results indicate that the values are added. So, 33% Trait + 40% Food + 25% Melandru = 98% reduction. It was easy to test at 73% reduction and 65% reduction. With the 98% reduction, it was very hard to test this since you barely notice the 2%.

With that being said, this will make some traits, utilities, skill, etc 95% less effective against said warrior. I understand that there are counterbuilds but to render someone’s abilities complete useless 95% of the time is OP. There is something wrong with this and it needs to be addressed.

(edited by Sifu.6527)

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Sustain is the ability to stay in battle.
Warriors got:
-Evades(duh)
-Blocks(on certain weapon sets which limit offensive strength)
-Endure Pain
-Adrenal Healing
-Healing spells

now let’s match these up.
Evades: Standard, no need to say anything, every class got that.
Blocks can be ruled out, Endure pain is on a horrible cooldown

Leaves the regeneration, which is meh’ish and heals, which are horribly low and on rather long cooldowns. Warriors sit on a huge hp pool, but their natural healing is almost non existant in comparison, while their only way of taking some hits is on a 90 second cooldown.

If a warrior enters a battle, he will constantly lose more life than he can recover and take more hits than he can manage. He will simply bleed out due to being unable to keep his hitpoints above “0” for long.

I don’t play a warrior, I have never created one.
Stating this to show my ignorance, it sounds like what warriors could use is some kind of decent life leach attached to their ranged weapon attacks.

Get low on health, use that mobility to get a little distance and open up with rifle (or bow, do they use those?) which should have either a trait or a skill to leach life with their shots. Add a Sigil of Life or Sigil of Blood to their ranged weapon and it SEEMS like that would be of some help to their survivability.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

OT: The trait only gives 33% reduction, which is fine for a 10pt trait. Runes are a huge part of a build so it’s normal it has a bigger impact. But the biggest reduction comes from the food, so if anything is too much, it’s the food :p

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

in WvW

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

What is this non-sense about “sustain”? Warriors don’t need sustain, that’s what Guardians are for (protection and heals.) With 26k HP and a 9k heal there is no need for sustain. Anything you hit will die within 10 seconds if you’re running with a decent train. If you need to heal, then run away and reset. After all you can just WALK away from a fight without being CC’d

When Endure Pain procs, get out and reset/re-rally with train. If you have a good commander and train, there’s no way to die on a warrior now.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

I think this is something warriors needed. Don’t forget it’s huge stat/gear investment to get condition immunity.

I would much rather stick with soldier runes and shouts to make my condition removal AoE.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

Also, you guys failed to notice that Ele’s had that trait all along.. they just didn’t need it because they have effective cleanses.

Skullclamp

in WvW

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Pretty true. I’d say warriors are atm the most killable class in WvW. No harm giving them a bit of extra escape

This makes me feel even better about running full melee and surviving for 7-8 hours at a time.

Personally I don’t even find Dogged March necessary between Melandru, Lemongrass, and my warhorn conversion. If only it reduced stun duration by a small amount also…

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

This. And I’m pretty sure we’re using the same build.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert