in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Post bug?

Change Protection Boon- 100% damage reduction

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

The other day I saw a chronomancer put up 10 seconds of Resistance, have 10 stack of burning 12 bleed and other conditions. He was able to finish the necromancer off before Resistance was even gone because the necromancer had no way of controlling the fight.

Not only were the damage conditions being ignored but the control conditions as well.

Couldn’t fear him. Resistance. Couldn’t chill him. Resistance. Couldn’t cripple him. Resistance. Get my point? There’s no counter to it other than wait it out. But that much harder to do when you can’t slow down your opponent.

Are you claiming chrono is a hard counter to condi reaper? Also, boon corruption?

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in WvW

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

No, enough with the buffs please! 100% protection is only going to encourage condi spam since you cannot inflict direct damage.

Power creep is just going to kill this game even further. Condis from elite specs are the problem. They need to be slashed.

(edited by JTGuevara.9018)

in WvW

Tricare.2946

I’m not claiming anything, I’m pointing out how there is no counter play to the Boon other than waiting it out.

Corruption isn’t a valid option, otherwise ever class would need access to it.

Like I said, look at stability, it use to be 100% immunity. It’s not anymore because there was no counter to it, other than wait it out.

in WvW

Choppy.4183

I’m not claiming anything, I’m pointing out how there is no counter play to the Boon other than waiting it out.

Corruption isn’t a valid option, otherwise ever class would need access to it.

Like I said, look at stability, it use to be 100% immunity. It’s not anymore because there was no counter to it, other than wait it out.

The specific example you gave was a condi necro fighting a chrono, and you claimed no counterplay. Necros have boon corruption… lots of it.

Based on your videos, I’ve seen that you run power reaper, condi reaper, and burn guard. Are you saying the amount of resistance out there is making it too hard for you to play these builds?

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Control-based conditions (blind, cripple etc.) should act like stun/daze and not be affected by expertise, and should not be blocked by resistance.
That said, resistance isn’t supposed to have as long of an uptime as protection. If resistance were as prominent as protection I do agree its effect should be a reduction of condition damage, not a negation. As it stands that is not the case, however.

If protection negated damage entirely I’d roll an ele and never look back.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Tricare.2946

The specific example you gave was a condi necro fighting a chrono, and you claimed no counterplay. Necros have boon corruption… lots of it.

Based on your videos, I’ve seen that you run power reaper, condi reaper, and burn guard. Are you saying the amount of resistance out there is making it too hard for you to play these builds?

I find power much more fun than condition. Burn Guardian is pretty fun though. But we’re talking about a boon.

Only 1 other Boon has given 100% immunity to something, that was stabiltiy. It was changed.

If Resistance only gave 100% damage reduction but still allowed control effects, there wouldn’t be an argument/discussion about the Boon. But it give 100% immunity to both.

If it was -33% damage and -33% condition duration I think that would be good. Or at least, just damage reduction and alllow controlling effects to still work.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

if protection would become as title says every other Invulnerability skills would be removed from game.

list of skills that aply Invulnerability, all that u have is to cast the skill before being target of a condi spike, or use it when ur being condi spiked to tr to avoid get many stacks, at least make a possible epi weaker or ask for imediate cleansings (this is good in theory but in the field it wont work well due power creep raw damage stacked with condis and loads of AOE and cleaves).
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invulnerability

the issue that some skills look to much is due the power creep Anet adopted from pve.
Some skills should do less % against player characters, as a condition met in the same skill instead of make copyes of several skills.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Choppy.4183

Only 1 other Boon has given 100% immunity to something, that was stabiltiy. It was changed.

If Resistance only gave 100% damage reduction but still allowed control effects, there wouldn’t be an argument/discussion about the Boon. But it give 100% immunity to both.

If it was -33% damage and -33% condition duration I think that would be good. Or at least, just damage reduction and alllow controlling effects to still work.

And that’s the thing, you’re focused on the wrong thing. Balance is about managing the outcomes, not the inputs. It doesn’t matter if resistance gives 100% and protection gives 33%, when the number of condi builds running around (and condi complaint threads out there) suggest condis are doing just fine regardless.

I run a power build with a tonne of resistance, plus some condi clear, which means I have more condi-specific defenses than power-specific defenses. Yet condi builds are still more of a threat to me than power builds, even power builds that have decent uptime of protection.

I’m not calling for the condis to be nerfed or anything (I could pile in more cleanses if I needed to), but it doesn’t seem like condis are in a bad spot right now despite where resistance is at.

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

gil. Just to add I am not suggestion protection be given 100 percent uptime in any way shape or form. I am just disagreeing with ythe point you made on power builds not being to benefit from conditions inherent in their weaponsets.

Then you missed the point entirely. The point I made was that power builds would need access to these higher level status effects if protection got boosted to 100% mitigation.

And, let’s be real, the cripple on bladetrail is not even close to the same league as status effects on a condi heavy build. It’s a slow moving skill with a 15s cd that’s easily cleansed.

Oh come on. The point of those conditions is not to have them last until your skill comes off cooldown again. They are to give you the opportunity to close the gap on an opponent that is running.

Again Chill can be cleansed and Chill will not last up until the next warrior weapon swap so why is it so many power builds in Meta put hyromancy on as a sigil?

You swap , Chill and hit with a burst in the window that the chill alows you. You do not chill the enemy expecting it to be there 9 seconds later.

in WvW

Choppy.4183

Oh come on. The point of those conditions is not to have them last until your skill comes off cooldown again. They are to give you the opportunity to close the gap on an opponent that is running.

Again Chill can be cleansed and Chill will not last up until the next warrior weapon swap so why is it so many power builds in Meta put hyromancy on as a sigil?

You swap , Chill and hit with a burst in the window that the chill alows you. You do not chill the enemy expecting it to be there 9 seconds later.

I know how it works (I use it too). I’m saying it’s not comparable to the loadout of status impairment your average condi build runs.

I mean, let’s look at your gs warrior. Bladetrail can be dodged by strafing left or right… it’s slow moving so you don’t even need to dodge. The purpose of hydromancy is to (1) do a tonne of damage because it crits, and (2) to buy a little edge to land your burst following weapon swap to your high damage weapon (provided you’re within 240).

Now imagine a situation where you’re running that build against a condi class who also has this new and improved protection. They’ve waited out your Berserker Stance by using this protection, and now you’re both looking at each other.

He loads you down with chill, blind, cripple, fear, bleed, poison, and (maybe) burn. You’ve got bladetail. Maybe you’d be able to hit him with your hydromancy sigil and burst, but how are you going to get within 240 of him to do it? And you’d best hope he didn’t put weakness on you too.

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I know how it works (I use it too). I’m saying it’s not comparable to the loadout of status impairment your average condi build runs.

I mean, let’s look at your gs warrior. Bladetrail can be dodged by strafing left or right… it’s slow moving so you don’t even need to dodge. The purpose of hydromancy is to (1) do a tonne of damage because it crits, and (2) to buy a little edge to land your burst following weapon swap to your high damage weapon (provided you’re within 240).

Now imagine a situation where you’re running that build against a condi class who also has this new and improved protection. They’ve waited out your Berserker Stance by using this protection, and now you’re both looking at each other.

He loads you down with chill, blind, cripple, fear, bleed, poison, and (maybe) burn. You’ve got bladetail. Maybe you’d be able to hit him with your hydromancy sigil and burst, but how are you going to get within 240 of him to do it? And you’d best hope he didn’t put weakness on you too.

The cripple off dancing dagger in a Condition build can be dodged too! This not unique to a power build. If I am a Condition build my chills can be dodged just as easily if I have some source.

All of that stuff that condition build throws your way can be dodged , most of it blocked. Just because his a condition build does not make it more difficult.

leave this talk about protection out of what you and I are debating. It has nothing to do with it . I stated clearly my issue with your post was the suggestion that those conditions mentioned are not available to a power build.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in WvW

Choppy.4183

The cripple off dancing dagger in a Condition build can be dodged too! This not unique to a power build. If I am a Condition build my chills can be dodged just as easily if I have some source.

All of that stuff that condition build throws your way can be dodged , most of it blocked. Just because his a condition build does not make it more difficult.

leave this talk about protection out of what you and I are debating. It has nothing to do with it . I stated clearly my issue with your post was the suggestion that those conditions mentioned are not available to a power build.

I can’t leave the talk of protection out of it because the proposal to increase protection to 100% was the reason for my comment about status effects. It’s not a separate point, it is the point.

You chose gs warrior as the example to discuss, and I just pointed out that the one status effect attached to it is a 15s cd skill that moves so slowly you don’t even need to use a dodge to avoid it.

So, while the condi user (in this hypothetical matchup) isn’t using a dodge to avoid your only weapon status effect, he’s dumping many more status effects (and damage) on you than you have dodges to use. And his status effects won’t be nearly as telegraphed as bladetrail….

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Right, but condi builds still viable despite resistance offering total immunity. This wouldn’t be true for power builds with a 100% protection buff.

I’m not saying they’re isn’t justification for different approaches to resistance, but it’s not a straight comparison with protection.

its the only boon that directly does kind of the same thing with resistance but then again aegis is a more similar boon.

Also you cant exploit protection while you can exploit resistance and we see it with the epi bombs

Again, the problem is epidemic, not resistance.

Also, his point is that you’re trying to compare an apple to an orange. It’s pointless.

Condi builds are very much viable even with resistance offering 100% immunity. Protection offering 100% damage reduction would make all power useless. (I’m simply re-iterating his point.)

Epidemic is absolutely NOT the problem. The problem lies almost entirely with resistance and the absurd amount of condis it allows you to stack on yourself, and the rest of it comes from how freely condis are handed out by every build now. Without resistance, you wouldn’t be able to stack this many condis up on someone before they died, so epidemic wouldn’t be able to transfer ~70+ total stacks of condis at once. The root of the problem is resistance and the proliferation of condis.

Resistance is just way too powerful to be a boon. If it has to stay in the game it needs to be turned into an effect. But ideally it should be removed completely.

So tell groups to run condi cleanse instead of resistance? Condi cleanse has actually been buffed generally across the board. I don’t see a problem here when your “better alternative” is already in the game.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Right, but condi builds still viable despite resistance offering total immunity. This wouldn’t be true for power builds with a 100% protection buff.

I’m not saying they’re isn’t justification for different approaches to resistance, but it’s not a straight comparison with protection.

its the only boon that directly does kind of the same thing with resistance but then again aegis is a more similar boon.

Also you cant exploit protection while you can exploit resistance and we see it with the epi bombs

Also, his point is that you’re trying to compare an apple to an orange. It’s pointless.

Condi builds are very much viable even with resistance offering 100% immunity. Protection offering 100% damage reduction would make all power useless. (I’m simply re-iterating his point.)

Epidemic is absolutely NOT the problem. The problem lies almost entirely with resistance and the absurd amount of condis it allows you to stack on yourself, and the rest of it comes from how freely condis are handed out by every build now. Without resistance, you wouldn’t be able to stack this many condis up on someone before they died, so epidemic wouldn’t be able to transfer ~70+ total stacks of condis at once. The root of the problem is resistance and the proliferation of condis.

Resistance is just way too powerful to be a boon. If it has to stay in the game it needs to be turned into an effect. But ideally it should be removed completely.

So tell groups to run condi cleanse instead of resistance? Condi cleanse has actually been buffed generally across the board. I don’t see a problem here when your “better alternative” is already in the game.

Ok I’ll humor you if you humor me. I will welcome %100 damage reduction to protection boon. If you allow my power builds to have the same CD, damage and burst in Soldiers gear as condi builds have with dire and trailblazer.

Now if you can agree to that. Then my friend you have your self a deal! So what do you say about that? If not, then please stop talking, because you are just making your self look silly. Asking for condi builds to be even more face roll then they are now.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

No, enough with the buffs please! 100% protection is only going to encourage condi spam since you cannot inflict direct damage.

Power creep is just going to kill this game even further. Condis from elite specs are the problem. They need to be slashed.

That’s the point of this thread. OP is trying to point out how ridiculous it is that Resistance is 100% immunity to both damage and control effects from condis, as well as blind, heal reduction from weakness, endurance regen reduction from weakness etc…. Its ridiculously overpowered. OP is trying to get people to admit that by getting them to admit how ridiculous it would be if protection offered the same results against power damage and hard CC. Resistance is just way too powerful to be a boon. Its handed out like candy, and you can double the duration of this clearly broken effect. It needs to be nerfed or flat out removed.

Resistance only seems balanced because condis have been buffed extensively, both in power and in application. But these buffs to condis didn’t come out until after resistance was in the game. Resistance is just not a healthy buff in the game. Never was, never will be in its current state.

Didn’t resistance get added after HoT and at the same time that condi stack limits were removed? What other major buffs got added after resistance?

So both slow and taunt were added with resistance. Plus HoT brought insane amounts of condi application with elite specs, way too much condi application. And since April 2016 patch, condi skills have been steadily buffed in the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

iirc you are also immune to the effects like soft cc etc no?

Yes, resistance does. But the proposal is that protection provides the same negation as resistance. If that occurs, then power damage needs some modification for the periods when someone wouldn’t be under the effect of this new and improved protection.

Otherwise, RIP power builds.

You said exactly what I was hoping for.

I made the comparison between Protection Boon (power defense) and Resistance Boon (condition defense)

You just said it would be bad for a boon to give 100% Protection because rip power builds…. so why do you think it’s ok for Resistance to give 100% Protection from conditions?

Because that already happened and condi builds are still everywhere hard carrying bads?

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

That’s the point of this thread. OP is trying to point out how ridiculous it is that Resistance is 100% immunity to both damage and control effects from condis, as well as blind, heal reduction from weakness, endurance regen reduction from weakness etc…. Its ridiculously overpowered. OP is trying to get people to admit that by getting them to admit how ridiculous it would be if protection offered the same results against power damage and hard CC. Resistance is just way too powerful to be a boon. Its handed out like candy, and you can double the duration of this clearly broken effect. It needs to be nerfed or flat out removed.

Resistance only seems balanced because condis have been buffed extensively, both in power and in application. But these buffs to condis didn’t come out until after resistance was in the game. Resistance is just not a healthy buff in the game. Never was, never will be in its current state.

Didn’t resistance get added after HoT and at the same time that condi stack limits were removed? What other major buffs got added after resistance?

So both slow and taunt were added with resistance. Plus HoT brought insane amounts of condi application with elite specs, way too much condi application. And since April 2016 patch, condi skills have been steadily buffed in the game.

I will welcome %100 damage reduction to protection boon. If you allow my power builds to have the same CD, damage and burst in Soldiers gear as condi builds have with dire and trailblazer.
Now if you can agree to that. Then my friend you have your self a deal! So what do you say about that? If not, then please stop talking, because you are just making your self look silly. Asking for condi builds to be even more face roll then they are now.

Sounds good?

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

OriOri.8724

If you have ever payed attention to my posts, you would notice that I want dire and trailblazer gear removed or nerfed. So your arguments are not only irrelevant, but also completely baseless.

Just because condi builds overperform is not a good excuse to keep such a broken boon like resistance in the game in its current state.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Can we just close this thread already? 100% damage reduction is just being facetious and is not constructive in any way.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

OriOri.8724

Its not facetious as long as Resistance remains at 100% damage reduction.

Why is it that people can understand why this is too powerful for protection, but still insist that its fine for Resistance to not only give 100% damage reduction from condis, but to also protect you from soft CC, the effects of blind/weakness and poison as well?

in WvW

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

I hate to say I told you so. But the devs seem to disagree with you, and agree with me. They just nerfed epidemic.

I am a teef
:)

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

In due time, Resistance will be given stacks just like Stability… and it will kitten off PvE player base far more than Stability changes ever did.

in WvW

OriOri.8724

I hate to say I told you so. But the devs seem to disagree with you, and agree with me. They just nerfed epidemic.

Implying that the devs can’t make mistakes. Which is absurd.

And FYI, they made it so that you can’t hit a target with resistance with epi, which implies that resistance is the root of the problem since its the only thing allowing players to reach that many stacks of conditions without dying. All they did was sidestep the issue, and you know it. Resistance remains the root of this problem, and removing it from the game would make epidemic almost perfectly balanced.

in WvW

The Game Slayer.7632

Implying that the devs can’t make mistakes. Which is absurd.

And FYI, they made it so that you can’t hit a target with resistance with epi, which implies that resistance is the root of the problem since its the only thing allowing players to reach that many stacks of conditions without dying. All they did was sidestep the issue, and you know it. Resistance remains the root of this problem, and removing it from the game would make epidemic almost perfectly balanced.

All I’m pointing out is that epidemic was the root of the problem, because resistance wasn’t touched. The solution the devs had was clever. You can disagree, that’s fine. It seems you’re in the minority though.

I am a teef

in WvW

OriOri.8724

Resistance is the root of the problem. You can pretend like it isn’t all you want, but that won’t make it true. And of couse resistance wasn’t touched. The Devs implemented this within a week, 2 weeks max. That’s not nearly enough time to address a Boon and rebalance the effects of changing its effects or even removing it entirely.

Once you consider their responses in the last AMA about balance, where they repeatedly told us they didn’t have time to do it, you must be insane to think they would have had time to actually address resistance since the last patch.

But go ahead and keep deceiving yourself into thinking epi was the problem. It was nothing more than a symptom of a clearly broken boon.

in WvW

The Game Slayer.7632

Resistance is the root of the problem. You can pretend like it isn’t all you want, but that won’t make it true. And of couse resistance wasn’t touched. The Devs implemented this within a week, 2 weeks max. That’s not nearly enough time to address a Boon and rebalance the effects of changing its effects or even removing it entirely.

Once you consider their responses in the last AMA about balance, where they repeatedly told us they didn’t have time to do it, you must be insane to think they would have had time to actually address resistance since the last patch.

But go ahead and keep deceiving yourself into thinking epi was the problem. It was nothing more than a symptom of a clearly broken boon.

Ok then, that’s fine. Get rid of resistance, but bring back old diamond skin and old automated response.

(see?..)

I am a teef

in WvW

OriOri.8724

Diamond skin doesn’t even use resistance. You’re grasping at straws here, and quite heavily.

in WvW

The Game Slayer.7632

Diamond skin doesn’t even use resistance. You’re grasping at straws here, and quite heavily.

No, not in it’s current iteration. I’m talking about old diamond skin where it made you immune to conditions.

I am a teef

in WvW

OriOri.8724

And it was changed precisely because that’s too kittening powerful. How can you not understand that basic concept?

in WvW

Tricare.2946

The only thing to make Resistance stronger now, is to make it so conditions can’t even be applied to you during the duration of the Boon.

in WvW

The Game Slayer.7632

Consider that it might’ve been changed because of the advent of resistance. The two aren’t exactly directly related, but the point is that the tools for dealing with condis have always been there. And you want to get rid of resistance, which is laughable.

I am a teef

in WvW

Tricare.2946

Anet Employee 1: “people are getting blown up from too many conditions! How is this happening!?”

Employee 2: “Well, with resistance boon up, people seem to not be clearing their conditions so they’re getting large amounts applied to them.”

Employee 1: “That doesn’t explain why people are getting blown up!”

Employee 2: “Well then a necromancer comes along and Epidemics them, spreading the conditions to everyone around them”

Employee 1: “…………. Make it so they can’t cast Epidemic on them if they have Resistance on, and don’t make a post about it, just hide it in the gem store update.”

in WvW

OriOri.8724

This is beyond ridiculous. Diamond Skin was not changed because of Resistance, otherwise Resistance would have been given to eles in some way shape or form, yet it wasn’t.

Resistance is extremely broken, always has been and always will be in its current state. Regardless, your insistance on defending such a broken boon is irrational, so I won’t be continuing this “discussion” any longer.

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

This is beyond ridiculous. Diamond Skin was not changed because of Resistance, otherwise Resistance would have been given to eles in some way shape or form, yet it wasn’t.

Resistance is extremely broken, always has been and always will be in its current state. Regardless, your insistance on defending such a broken boon is irrational, so I won’t be continuing this “discussion” any longer.

He won, you lost! Serious though, this is the I can’t explain myself cop out excuse.

His point is there will always be “the next” Resistance-like ability and it is unbalanced argument no matter how it is changed. Nerfing Resistance reverts the game back to condition-based spam meta which is arguably still where we are even with Resistance boon in the game in it’s current OP state.

What does that say about the proliferation of conditions? How does nerfing Resistance boon fix that?

in WvW

Posted by: Eddbopkins.2630

Eddbopkins.2630

theres so many ways to midigate physical damage. evades, invulns, blocks, probably more but this is just off the top of my head.
theres only one way to deal with condi damage and its cleansing, and most cleansing skills are on a 25 sec cd at least.
so there being a boon that mitigates condi damage for a short amount of time seems fair to me. the fact that people are complaining about waiting out a particular skill/boon seems like they dont know anything about tactics and strategy to play around that particular player/build.

in WvW

OriOri.8724

@Artaz – If you think no one has explained why resistance is broken then you haven’t been reading the same threads I have. Its obviously broken.

@Eddbopkins – You can also evade, block and blind the skills that apply condis. So this argument is always moot.

in WvW

Eddbopkins.2630

When u have 10 stack of confusion 8 stack of torment slow, bleed, and what ever condi already on you how is dodging going to mitigate the damage? How is a physical invuln like ele focus earth 5 supposed to be effective how? So evade block and blind does not mitigate the condis like how they mitigate physical damage

in WvW

Tricare.2946

When u have 10 stack of confusion 8 stack of torment slow, bleed, and what ever condi already on you how is dodging going to mitigate the damage? How is a physical invuln like ele focus earth 5 supposed to be effective how? So evade block and blind does not mitigate the condis like how they mitigate physical damage

You evade the attack that would stack 10 confusion on you. Same way you would evade a physical attack. Not a hard concept to follow.

in WvW

The Game Slayer.7632

It was given to everyone via boonsharing, mallyx revs, and durability runes. But, you’re missing the point here. There will always be ways to deal with conditions in this game.

You asking for complete removal of resistance is the equivalent of someone asking for complete removal of any skill that blocks power attacks. It’s laughable.

I am a teef

in WvW

Eddbopkins.2630

You evade the attack that would stack 10 confusion on you. Same way you would evade a physical attack. Not a hard concept to follow.

There are so many skills being thrown around in combat…To pick out the suttle nuance of that pacific skill/animation is a laughable matter to consider. Specially when most of necro utility condi menuveare is just a wave of the arm dodging such inconspicuous motion make your side of the argument sound like you have very little experience in a actual PvP or 2-10man combat

Also physical attacks don’t usually do 15k+ damage over time or instantly in the case of confusion since there’s no icd. It’s mostly in realm of 5-10k damage.

(edited by Eddbopkins.2630)

in WvW

OriOri.8724

See Tricare’s response. Why is it that people think blocking/evading a power attack is a simple concept, but when it comes to conditions they forget that you can almost always block/evade the application of them as well? Its the same concept, doesn’t matter if its a power attack or condition attack.

Yes, in WvW conditions are overperforming. That’s a problem with conditions, it doesn’t mean that resistance is in any way balanced.

in WvW

Tricare.2946

There are so many skills being thrown around in combat…To pick out the suttle nuance of that pacific skill/animation is a laughable matter to consider. Specially when most of necro utility condi menuveare is just a wave of the arm dodging such inconspicuous motion make your side of the argument sound like you have very little experience in a actual PvP or 1-10man combat

Been playing this game since 2012 and have been roaming and GvGing the whole time.

Once you know the professions, you know what to look out for and what to expect. You can say he same thing about power builds, there’s too much spam that you don’t see the 10k+ killshot coming.

You can block both power and condition equally.

in WvW

OriOri.8724

There are so many skills being thrown around in combat…To pick out the suttle nuance of that pacific skill/animation is a laughable matter to consider. Specially when most of necro utility condi menuveare is just a wave of the arm dodging such inconspicuous motion make your side of the argument sound like you have very little experience in a actual PvP or 2-10man combat

Also physical attacks don’t usually do 15k+ damage over time or instantly in the case of confusion since there’s no icd. It’s mostly in realm of 5-10k damage.

Using this argument, you can’t be expected to block/evade power attacks either. So either way, your argument above is moot. Either you can block/evade attacks (which does include both power attacks and attacks that apply conditions), or you can block/evade no attacks due to the chaos of a fight.

Either way, your mitigation skills versus conditions are still better than your mitigations versus power damage, and that is before we even talk about protection and resistance.

in WvW

Eddbopkins.2630

Using this argument, you can’t be expected to block/evade power attacks either. So either way, your argument above is moot. Either you can block/evade attacks (which does include both power attacks and attacks that apply conditions), or you can block/evade no attacks due to the chaos of a fight.

Either way, your mitigation skills versus conditions are still better than your mitigations versus power damage, and that is before we even talk about protection and resistance.

Your right you can’t expect to dodge/whatever power attack in that situation and that’s why there are invulnerable and physical damage mitigation skills. And that’s why they added resistance to the game and if you can’t see that then your not looking at the entire picture of combat

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Nerf resistance and give Revs more real cleanses!

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Tricare.2946

Your right you can’t expect to dodge/whatever power attack in that situation and that’s why there are invulnerable and physical damage mitigation skills. And that’s why they added resistance to the game and if you can’t see that then your not looking at the entire picture of combat

Link a invuln/physical mitigation skill that can’t also block a condition attack.

Protection is in the game to help mitigate physical damage by reducing the damage by 33%.

Resistance is in the game to help mitigate condition damage by reducing the damage by 100%………….. big difference there.

Those 2 Boons are not on equal or even close to the same level when it comes to damage reduction from the 2 different types of dps in the game.

in WvW

Eddbopkins.2630

Endure pain you can stack all the condis on some with this activeated…And the conus will absolutely tick his health
With physical damage you have armor to help mitigate it.
There’s nothing absolutely nothing (food don’t count) to mitigate a condi user who has 2k condition damage

(edited by Eddbopkins.2630)

in WvW

Tricare.2946

Endure pain you can stack all the condis on some with this activeated…And the conus will absolutely tick his health
With physical damage you have armor to help mitigate it.
There’s nothing absolutely nothing (food don’t count) to mitigate a condi user who has 2k condition damage

You’re right, 1 skill. The counter to that skill is conditions. It was designed that way because the warrior then also as a stance to be immune to conditions, but still take physical attack damage. So yeah.

Blocks, the counter to blocks is unblockable attacks. There’s a counter too every skill.

I agree that Resistance should be in the game. However, it should be -33% condition damage and -33% condition duration.

No boon should give 100% protection from something. Just like Stability gave 100% immunity to stuns for the duration of the boon was changed. It was too OP to have 15 seconds of Stability, which 1 guardian was able to give alone.

in WvW

Tricare.2946

Forum bug fix yay.