Cloaking waters in SMC needs to go

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I’m not sure why cloaking waters was added, but MASS INVIS to an entire zerg is extremely destructive to the enemy.

Imagine an entire enemy zerg standing right on top of your zerg and bombing you to shreds before you can react.

I’m from TC and we control SMC with cloaking waters for large periods. We get almost zero fights because enemy zergs do not even want to fight us when our entire zerg is cloaked.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

well yes culling was removed for a reason.. i think the dev that developed this kitten is either new to anet or very forgetful. heeellooo anet, culling was removed because of invisible zergs…..that fountain is making invisible zergs……..

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Yup, that, chilling fog, hardend siege, airship defense, banners, etc.
Who would have thought giving such strong advantages to the servers with the highest population/best coverage would be a bad idea?

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’m not sure why cloaking waters was added, but MASS INVIS to an entire zerg is extremely destructive to the enemy.

Imagine an entire enemy zerg standing right on top of your zerg and bombing you to shreds before you can react.

I’m from TC and we control SMC with cloaking waters for large periods. We get almost zero fights because enemy zergs do not even want to fight us when our entire zerg is cloaked.

Couple things wrong with the above:

1. The minute you go into combat, you drop the invis.

2. Organized guilds/servers have been doing this (with. coordinated discipline and multiple golems) since waaaay before this was implemented. Ask Kodash.

3. Watch for the random pug that invariably doesn’t cloak, but runs gleefully beside the blob.

4. Mini pets.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Sorry, but there’s no-one who can sit there and defend Cloaking Waters, even mildly, with a straight face. It’s an absolutely absurd mechanic to add to the game and is usually only available to be abused by the strongest server on the map to continue crushing the opposing groups. If it were a mechanic available at the spawn of servers who were outnumbered, maybe just maybe it would be justifiable to allow them to break out or launch stealth assaults on their objectives to try and get them back. As it stands though, it’s anti-WvW.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

in WvW

Puck.9612

Sorry, but there’s no-one who can sit there and defend Cloaking Waters, even mildly, with a straight face. It’s an absolutely absurd mechanic to add to the game and is usually only available to be abused by the strongest server on the map to continue crushing the opposing groups. If it were a mechanic available at the spawn of servers who were outnumbered, maybe just maybe it would be justifiable to allow them to break out or launch stealth assaults on their objectives to try and get them back. As it stands though, it’s anti-WvW.

Yeah, it would definitely need the outnumbered buff to work though. I don’t want to see it working like siegerazor who the larger group can activate multiple times for laughs.

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

Agreed. It’s the snowball effect for the stronger side, just like tactivators. Needs to go.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

in WvW

Posted by: casantis.3106

casantis.3106

Or just work when you are outnumbered like someone said.

Por la Razón o la Fuerza [CL]

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

All the banners/ships/etc gotta go.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Think i read in some post it took a senior engineer about a year to get rid of culling. Now they had this marvelous idea to add it back.

Anet’s logic; do NOT to attempt to understand. Unless you want to lose sanity.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’m sure they’ll shave a couple seconds off of it again for the next quarterly update. Problem solved, right?

in WvW

Puck.9612

I’m hoping they introduce a tactivator that causes your enemies to take falling damage running down stairs

in WvW

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

ok it wouldnt mind it if they add it tto outnumber but im generally say its got to go

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Make a trait for certain classes that exposes players who are invis via the water when they get within a X distance. Between 900 and 1200 would give people some time to react while not entirely negating the cloaking mechanic. Something with an upkeep cost that is running constantly if traited.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I agree. Cloaking waters should be removed. Invisible zergs don’t make a fun game play.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Puck.9612

They should also introduce a feature that makes people get stuck when building siege and they have to /dance to be able to move again

in WvW

Jayne.9251

They should also introduce a feature that makes people get stuck when building siege and they have to /dance to be able to move again

Honestly, outside of death from above mesmers, that was the best bug ever.

in WvW

Puck.9612

I don’t know, having a warrior traited for fall damage and running down the stairs through a bunch of enemies was always pretty funny.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I don’t know, having a warrior traited for fall damage and running down the stairs through a bunch of enemies was always pretty funny.

Or what about warriors on ACs immobilizing entire zergs?

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I won’t lie I found it funny that when fighting TC the last couple nights they wouldn’t fight other zergs unless they had cloaking waters, and only stayed near SMC.

in WvW

Puck.9612

Or what about warriors on ACs immobilizing entire zergs?

Yes! They could add that one to siege mastery lol.

in WvW

Posted by: OneEightHundred.5689

OneEightHundred.5689

If Cloaking Waters should exist at all, it should be a tactic, not an improvement, period.

(edited by OneEightHundred.5689)

in WvW

Posted by: The Isz.2346

The Isz.2346

I thought cloaking waters was a great idea.

Alliance For A Grub Free Ebg [Grub] – Blackgate
Sept 17th 2013 the day WvW died.
Gaming @ 5670×1080

in WvW

Posted by: Keviin Snow.5760

Keviin Snow.5760

cloaking in wvw all together need to go lol

in WvW

selan.8354

ahahaha omg good old time.ive been stuck on siege soo many times.but the mesmer death rain was the best!maybe anet should bring that bug back for next April fools.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

selan.8354

omg i remeber that one.it was glorious!

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

It needs to go. Culling and it just gives such a huge advantage.

in WvW

Posted by: Argos Helios.4965

Argos Helios.4965

It’s a stupid mechanic that has no counter and helps the strongest server in EB tremendously.

Saying ‘you de-stealth as soon as you attack’ shows complete ignorance of fights in upper tiers. Try having 60 people destealth on you by hitting you and see how well you fight back after that.
I spent 4 hours commanding Dragonbrand against TC using this tactic in OCX prime yesterday, with 30+ in squad and with the outnumbered buff. Nothing we could do to stop them getting the jump on us and it eventually resulted in us going elsewhere to fight doors.

ONCE AGAIN lets say it again – Tactivators should only be interact-able for servers with the outnumbered buff active.

(edited by Argos Helios.4965)

in WvW

Posted by: Towelie.9504

Towelie.9504

Agree, this and airship and even chilling fog need to go. This mechanic is far far too OP for WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

Agreed…

Anet please remove Cloaking waters, Airship Defense and Chilling Fog. All of which are nice ideas but do not work in a mass pvp environment.

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

It’s pretty dumb tbh. My biggest issue with it is the potential for it to make forces too scared to leave their keeps.

I’d love to see cloaking waters turned into something less game-breaking like giving a 1-minute buff to endurance regeneration.

Chilling fog I would change to Marking fog giving anyone hit with it the “marked” debuff that sentries give.

Airship defense should either be dialed back in damage or only damage the attackers’ siege.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Anet still needs to learn players want new things besides heavy gimmick gameplay… oh wait game dont support anything else besides heavy win gimmicks o.O!

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Totally agree…..remove it asap.

in WvW

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

The autist that thought this up should be fired from Arenanet if he isnt already. Put some sort of limiting factor on this or remove it,,, now, not in the next update.

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

TC is abusing this big time and it’s literally aids in ebg with their 80 man map q blobs. REMOVE IT NOW!

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I don’t know why SM has such strong defensive and offensive buffs. If you hold SM you are likely already the dominant server on the map – why create mechanics that make you even more dominant?

Cloaking Waters could be a really cool mechanic for people who are being spawn camped or who are trying to attack SM, but giving the holders of SM a considerable tactical advantage just lets them snowball more.

in WvW

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I like the banners/ships but I do agree that the waters are a bit much with the blobs.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Agree, this and airship and even chilling fog need to go. This mechanic is far far too OP for WvW.

Definitely the case. None of them are even balanced. They have zero counter-play except one could argue that you could put stealth traps on cloaking waters…even though the team could just go inside the inner gate and go to the other side and use it there. Its simply PvE style content doing the work for WvW players.

I do want to add that I like Anet is adding things like this to add flavor to WvW but I don’t think they are going about it the right way. Not only is balance a concern but the costs and time are too.

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: mygirlparadise.7583

mygirlparadise.7583

From what I understand is that the cloaking waters were nerfed to some degree. So this is their solution to “fixing” it. Between the cloaking waters and and air strike it certainly makes you work harder to claim but hey, who isn’t up for a challenge.
It took us over an hour to claim SM today and sadly it was taken from us the second the RI on the Lord was down. Lol

Xhexania Sivad – [TK] Tactical Killers
Devonas Rest
Ranger, Ele, Mesmer, and Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Mitsubishi Eclipsed.6732

Mitsubishi Eclipsed.6732

Next level tacits… Stealth traps.

R O A R|Weezy|Drïzzy|Drama Llama|Mitsubishi Eclipsed|Swaglock Miststone
Member of Flock Of Smeagols [FoS]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Sus.3610

Sus.3610

Yeah, I really hate fighting people I can’t see :P Luckily you guys pop out of it as soon s you attack. We used it a few times on you all last night when you cheesed up our SM Swiss style.

Barricka
Leader of [GIT] Git Off My Lawn
Devona’s Rest

in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

honestly the free bags are good while the enemy zerg is still willing to hang around for our mass invis zerg to jump on them…but it quickly degenerates into no bags because the enemy zerg leaves.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Anet loves stealth. They’re not going to remove it.

They also love giving advantages to the strongest server when it should be the opposite.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

If you see 10 people gleefully running towards your blob of 25, it’s a clue.

Anyone in the blob drops a mesmer veil and half the blob gets revealed, lol.

Heck, we used to play this way daily in the culling era. It’s not unbeatable.

Uphill, both ways.

/nod

in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

If you see 10 people gleefully running towards your blob of 25, it’s a clue.

Anyone in the blob drops a mesmer veil and half the blob gets revealed, lol.

Heck, we used to play this way daily in the culling era. It’s not unbeatable.

Uphill, both ways.

/nod

While I understand where you are coming from, most large zergs in ebg are pug zergs made up of random people. they are not as organized as a guild group.

Guild groups generally can survive a burst from stealth. Pug groups don’t.

And we usually mass invis at the same time so we don’t often get any stragglers who run around not invis when we engage the enemy.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Some of my best Wvw memories are pre-culling days and suddenly my screen has me eating dirt for no apparent reason, only to see the dust of the hooves of War Machine treading over my corpse on their way to flip Speldan.

My point being, if you’re alert enough, you have better odds than the culling days of countering.

Mind you, your graphics ceasing up were kind of an early warning system then.

YOU CAN DO IT!

in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

Planet earth is blue, and there’s nothing I can do.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I miss Bowie

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

The thing is this game is ment to be high skritable gimmicks based as much we players dotn like it, i hardly see Anet improving this game w/o a super gimmick mechanic.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

This week, SEA time, JQ controlled SMC for many hours and are abusing the cloaking waters and airships and chilling mists.

TC got a taste of what it is like to get destroyed.