Closed squad option

Closed squad option

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

In PvE raids, you can CHOOSE who can come with you and exclude anyone who you do not want to join you. It is instanced with the squad, so pugs can’t just come in to your instance and cause your group to wipe. In WvW, pugs can come to your tag rather they’re in the squad or not because they can see your tag. So PvE has a choice of which elites to let in to their squad for raids, but we do not in WvW. Understand better?

Hate to be the bringer of bad news after 5 years (better late than never I suppose) but you dont have a choice who runs next to you whether you are in a closed tagless guild squad or not. You cant control players build or gear and you cant control how elite they are. Because they didnt join to play with you. They joined to play WvW.

But yes, now I understand better. You dont really want the server based WvW we’re all playing, you want something you can control.

Closed squad option

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

In PvE raids, you can CHOOSE who can come with you and exclude anyone who you do not want to join you. It is instanced with the squad, so pugs can’t just come in to your instance and cause your group to wipe. In WvW, pugs can come to your tag rather they’re in the squad or not because they can see your tag. So PvE has a choice of which elites to let in to their squad for raids, but we do not in WvW. Understand better?

Hate to be the bringer of bad news after 5 years (better late than never I suppose) but you dont have a choice who runs next to you whether you are in a closed tagless guild squad or not. You cant control players build or gear and you cant control how elite they are. Because they didnt join to play with you. They joined to play WvW.

But yes, now I understand better. You dont really want the server based WvW we’re all playing, you want something you can control.

I’ve been running with just my group tagless without pugs for a long long time. Once we knew how pugs were, we’d just troll people who try to follow us, hop maps, waypoint randomly or lead them into a fight we know we can walk through but they would die and keep moving lol. Trust me, I’ve mastered the art of shaking pugs, but I can’t shake them if I have a tag visible on the map. It is easy to do when running tagless.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

(edited by XTR.9604)

Closed squad option

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

If you want to just run with your guild there are three options available for you.

1. Run a tagless squad and have your leader targeted. My friends and I have done this before when we have tags to be training to become commanders it works well. You can still see the target in fights.

2. Choose a tag color that is not being used on the map explain in map chat that you are a closed guild group. Most people will respect this and wont try to intrude or at least that is how it is on my server.

3. Make a squad and close it so no one joins unless you invite them.

Theese are your options anet will not change their stance on this because there is already enough tocxcity runnning around the wvw maps.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

Closed squad option

in WvW

XTR.9604

If you want to just run with your guild there are three options available for you.

1. Run a tagless squad and have your leader targeted. My friends and I have done this before when we have tags to be training to become commanders it works well. You can still see the target in fights.

2. Choose a tag color that is not being used on the map explain in map chat that you are a closed guild group. Most people will respect this and wont try to intrude or at least that is how it is on my server.

3. Make a squad and close it so no one joins unless you invite them.

Theese are your options anet will not change their stance on this because there is already enough tocxcity runnning around the wvw maps.

Clearly you didn’t read anything that has been said in this post lol.

1. Been doing this for 4+ years already, but if we want to call a target on an enemy, it makes it real easy to lose the driver. Already discussed this if you had read anything more than the first post.

2. No one cares what you say you want and people will follow your tag if it is the only one on that particular map rather you want them to or not. So we run tagless anyway as usual and aren’t given access to the features of the commander tag we paid for.

3. Closing the squad doesn’t do anything at all besides make it to where people can’t join the squad. They can still see and follow your tag, your tag is still visible on the map, and the problem is still there.

I’m holding out hope that ANET changes their stance on this since we’ve presented them with a good bit of information on why this is a good idea and how the other game modes have the ability to exclude others just fine while being able to have all of the commander functionality. I know it is a lot to read through, but you might learn something.

Closed squad option

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

There are all kinds of reasons for “Private” or “Guild Only” tags besides the GVG aspect of WvW.

A few of them are:

Private tags would curb the ability of free account “spies” to tag watch by just sitting in spawn and watching where the tags go. We all know it happens.

Private tags would allow guilds the ability to do their guild missions without taking the attention from the actual tags on the map. This is a benefit to both WvW and PvE as PvE you can attract people to your events who think you’re leading a map event and flock to your tag thereby scaling your guild events over your ability to handle them (especially true for guild challenges).

Private tags would allow, as XTR has said, the ability of fight guilds to actually fight without the worry of players who don’t contribute to the fight from flocking to their tag while allowing them the full utilization of the squad UI abilities.

These are just some of the ways “Guild Only” tags could be a benefit to the game. I too hope Anets rethinks their decision to not allow this option.

Closed squad option

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

just create a squad and have the commander leave. simple. this is a non issue.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Closed squad option

in WvW

XTR.9604

Clearly you still don’t understand the problem since this has also been discussed in this thread. If the commander leaves the party, all lieutenants are demoted and all markers are cleared. So no, not a non issue. Still very much an issue. Not sure what the point of coming in to a thread and replying without reading any of the information posted is.

Closed squad option

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

Its been acknowledged by arenanet already and they do not agree with you, accept it and move on. Whining about it more just makes you look pitiful, instead go find a some zerg stragglers and enjoy your ‘skilled’ fights without gettin an extra commander pip (or enjoy your extra pugs). As much as i would love the private squads, i see arenanet’s point in not wanting them.

Closed squad option

in WvW

XTR.9604

Been playing paladins. Hopefully anet will start caring about this game some day.

Closed squad option

in WvW

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

Anet just doesn’t understand. They are a closed minded when it comes to WvW development. Hell… It only took them 4 to 5 years to give us WvW rewards. <face palm>

Don’t Get me wrong. I love the game mode. It just saddens me to see a mode with so much potential being taken care of like mowing the lawn once a year.

I believe the problem lies with to many artist developers and only a few tactical developers. And those tactical developers work on class balance.

Closed squad option

in WvW

XTR.9604

Anet just doesn’t understand. They are a closed minded when it comes to WvW development. Hell… It only took them 4 to 5 years to give us WvW rewards. <face palm>

Don’t Get me wrong. I love the game mode. It just saddens me to see a mode with so much potential being taken care of like mowing the lawn once a year.

I believe the problem lies with to many artist developers and only a few tactical developers. And those tactical developers work on class balance.

Exactly as I’ve felt. I still enjoy the game, but the lack of useful updates that we’ve been asking for now for years is just disheartening.

Closed squad option

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Why is it so hard for people to read?

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Closed squad option

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

There still are some issue about that

1. You can’t use feature like Marker
2. No Lt.
3. No reference point (like, “Regroup on tag. Oh no tag. Regroup on me” “Who the f is me?”)

But well, seem like devs and many people don’t care about that. So gotta live with it.

Somehow they can invent a way to flood people from PvE into WvW and make hardcore WvW Player stuck in queue and lag. They even improved that annoying LFG window. But they can’t do something that really is some use to WvW players

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

Closed squad option

in WvW

Posted by: Marko.2906

Marko.2906

pls, bring back the times where we followed our raid leader with the ctrl + t red mark in guild raids. those were happy days.

Closed squad option

in WvW

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Honestly, I am not even in the position where this affects me much. Usually either solo roaming or in a public squad. But It is still rather easy to understand where people are coming from and why they are so frustrated.
The current WvW is pretty much like a version PvE without any features apart from Open World events. There is basically no way or no area for you to hide from the downsides of the open world. You can not stop anyone from running to your tag and you need to tag up to use any of UI features.

All of the UI features should be avaible to all squads, even groups. Players should also be allowed to turn their tag private if they wish to do so.
A nice solution would be to increase the rewards for tagging even further. Those who do their best to provide newer players, more casual players and the community as a whole with fun activities should be rewarded accordingly.
Private tags would be excluded from this. Experienced squads are able to earn great amounts of loot without the need for that bonus.

It would be nothing more than a start. But a start nonetheless. You should never give up hope to see features like an actual GvG area. Nobody thought we’d ever see raids in this game either. Look at what happened.

Closed squad option

in WvW

XTR.9604

pls, bring back the times where we followed our raid leader with the ctrl + t red mark in guild raids. those were happy days.

Those of us who run tagless still do this and have been doing this since the beginning of the game.. That is exactly what we’re tired of and why this thread exists.