Coalescence of Ruin and WvW/GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Mesmer Portal uncapped at launch, later capped to allow 20 players to travel through.

Also dont forget the temporal curtain stacking nerf. Mesmers had the audacity to get perma swiftness!

in WvW

Posted by: Toad.8043

Toad.8043

I am wondering if Anet designed Coalescence of Ruin specifically in response to the mega-blobs that run around T1 and T2 wvw servers.

Sometimes those fights come down to numbers, and the more people there are the more often that is the case due to server lag and weaponskill delay. Just look at CoR’s properties:

1. 100% ineffective depending on terrain elevation changes.
2. Weak damage at close range.
3. Can be avoided by strafing at max range; ie if you can see the revenant starting the attack you can avoid it completely without using anything that has a cooldown.

As some have written already, a coordinated group of revenants can have a disproportionate impact against a zerg using CoR. Really gotta wonder if that’s exactly the purpose of CoR.

in WvW

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

^The problem arises when that blob also consists of about 75% or more revenants. At that point being within 1200 range is death. And they do have a projectile block for stuff over 1200.

Its sad to see the absolute majority of many groups consisting of the same profession, build, weapons and hugging glint like a teddy bear. Worst part is when you do manage to split them up, corner a rev in melee and only kill him due to him forgetting he got stubreaks, evades, blocks, teleports etc in his other weapon/stance set.

I don’t think they created the hammer rev to shake up wvw. I think they took a look and pondered “now what role shall the revenant fill in this mode”. Then they figured that hammer train had been popular and now pirate ship was all the rage. “so how do we combine the two? Also what does G,W,E and N really do?”. It almost feels a bit like every skill reflect that.

(edited by miriforst.1290)

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I accidentally went near a Revenant. Won’t be making that mistake again!

Attachments:

Gandara

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

But you are a Mesmer, how did he even see you?

Tbh, I find this whole argument somewhat amusing. Dont get me wrong, I think its horribly OP and unbalanced, but this is what many “hardcore” WvWers have wanted all along. Zerg crushing skills. The eqvivalent of no AoE caps. 10 people walking in and pummeling 30 to submission with unforgiving AoE damage. Most of us knew that would mean 30 people can pummel 10 into submission even faster, but nope people wanted this and raved about how great it would be and how much “skill” it would suddenly introduce to WvW.

Well. Did it?

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

The sad part is, the Revenant wasn’t even after me. That’s the last time I go flower picking in WvW!

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

We’re kind of screwed when Anet admits balance patch won’t come until after the PvP league ends January 25, 2016. Isn’t that lovely to know the world revolves around their esports dream.

Honestly WvW players aren’t the only ones getting shafted, PvP players are equally angry at their lack of balance. Most MMO’s with PvP gameplay don’t take 3 months in between balance tweaks. For GW2 players however, we have to stomach whatever’s broken, overpowered, underpowered, etc.. for 3 months at a time.

Oh yeah and CoR isn’t even an issue in PvP so I don’t hold high hopes Anet will adjust it at all for WvW. Condi revs rule PvP at the moment, two game modes require different balance tweaks. In WvW it’s dumb to see rev hammer 2 go through keep doors. With such low cooldown they can spam it, and at 1200 range, it’s just something that needs to be adjusted. Higher cooldown will do the trick.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The sad part is, the Revenant wasn’t even after me. That’s the last time I go flower picking in WvW!

13k is nothing, look in my screenshot I got hit for 17k… like almost 2k more than my full hp. It’s the damage modifier that is broken more than the skill.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Tbh, I find this whole argument somewhat amusing. Dont get me wrong, I think its horribly OP and unbalanced, but this is what many “hardcore” WvWers have wanted all along. Zerg crushing skills. The eqvivalent of no AoE caps. 10 people walking in and pummeling 30 to submission with unforgiving AoE damage. Most of us knew that would mean 30 people can pummel 10 into submission even faster, but nope people wanted this and raved about how great it would be and how much “skill” it would suddenly introduce to WvW.

Well. Did it?

No. Most of us wanted the stability nerf to be reversed, or have stability buffed, allowing a well organised group to run through a disorganised blob and actually have coordination matter, rather than just stacking numbers and throwing CC and CoRs out.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

I fully support this, so does everyone in my guild and this is among the most agreed on balance issue in WvW since launch.

There is much information in the reddit post and original post. I’d like to remind about the number values.
Coalescence of Ruin has modifiers 1.25/1.75/2.25 (I think last one should be 2.18 but wiki says different) that you can land every ~3s no matter what else you are doing

These numbers are ridicolous! While keeping in mind that Revenant has survival tools compareable to a cantrip staff elementalist while having significantly higher passive survival with higher base hp and armor. This skill is extremely simple to use and can be used without targets. And there is no decision making or opportunity costs in using Facets vs doing damage. All this while being the key boon provider and ranged!

Changes
Hammer #2 flat out has to get a damage nerf of modifiers -> 1.25/1.5/1.75 and 50% one shot trait adressed

and then one of the 2 options:
Cooldown increased to 3-4s
or
Energy Cost increased to 10-15

Energy Cost increase would be a more interesting option so there could be some decision making in Herald gameplay, Facets or more #2s. This is a general problem on Herald at the moment, you can just instantly pop 3 Facets up and not affect your gameplay. You can combine both changes.

Remember that Herald is still amazing boon class, Rite dwarf, other weapons… You could make Hammer #2 heal enemies and Revenant would still be part of core compositions! But current Hammer Herald out damages everyone in the raid with eyes closed and a single skill.

-Sab

[TA]

in WvW

Posted by: Naithe.4271

Naithe.4271

Oh HECK no this post is not going to get buried. PLEASE address.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well before you just smashed 1111 now you smash 2222.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I wonder what this button does…

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I wonder what this button does…

Nooooo don’t press it. 17k insta kill button.

in WvW

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

CoR is super fun to use. Its always to see big numbers and know that you and your revenant pair are responsible for the dead of so many. I have been running reve in wvw events for a month now and it has been a great time for me.

Still I am forced to agree that skill + 50% damage trait is OP and I would like to see them nerfed. Reves would still be good with our boons and hammer ranged skills. Skill 1 hits like necro DS 1 and can be used to focus dudes. Skill 3 is not weak either and I have gotten 10 k hits to eles with it. Skill 5 is kinda slow but still nice CC.

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

CoR anets anti zerging mechanic?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Alhadin.4032

Alhadin.4032

Up.Up.Up.Up.Up.

in WvW

Posted by: Naithe.4271

Naithe.4271

CoR anets anti zerging mechanic?

Yep, that’s why you see more and more cheese builds between Rev’s, DH’s and Condi builds (more PvP). If you make it overpowered, people will abuse it. Which results in what the OP said: Who has the most Rev’s wins.

That isn’t balance folks.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

This game need more skills like CoR. CoR could use some boost. For example if 20 enemies are close each other CoR would do 40% more dmg. Anet could boost every skills this way until blobbing stops.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Xeno.4610

Xeno.4610

I wonder how it was possible to destroy all about organizeed wvw fights with only one totally broken skill of one class. Nobody at Anet ever considered how a 10k dmg hit every 2 seconds at 1200 range will spoil wvw? Our skimishes are now all the same – the team with more revenants win. Just stand and spam 2, you win, thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

If only CoR was a water field.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Please put Pirate Outfits and Parrots in the Gemstore…
With Coalescence of Ruin in this state, we need some attire to go with the ridiculous meta.

Consider this a bump post and a +1 to the fact that this weapon skill’s coefficients NEED to be toned down.
I actually died earlier in 1 single hit because a Revenant hit his #2 for fun, I was stealthed… 16728 hit, not to mention the times it hits you twice for some stupid reason.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

in WvW

Posted by: damnwidget.9301

damnwidget.9301

13k is nothing, look in my screenshot I got hit for 17k… like almost 2k more than my full hp. It’s the damage modifier that is broken more than the skill.

I did crit with a 5k CnD followed by a 16k backstack to an elementalist yesterday, there was nothing that he could do about it as I did open on him at more than 2k of range from his position he wasn’t even aware of my presence, he could not dodge it or see it coming.

Let’s nerf thief because someone got bursted?

I slaughtered several perma-hammer-I-have-no-idea-how-to-play-this-class-not-even-weapon-swap heralds too with a squishy small thief.

I main a herald since HoT I agree that CoR needs some type of tuning down, I will even say that the whole hammer needs a complete rework, but those arguments about getting burst with low CD are just non sense as many other classes can do that as well.

[SoW] Sông Of War – Baruch Bay

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

We have complained about thieves for years compared to the new kid, the revenant.

So yes.

Let’s.

in WvW

Posted by: damnwidget.9301

damnwidget.9301

We have complained about thieves for years compared to the new kid, the revenant.

So yes.

Let’s.

Said the condi scrapper xDD

[SoW] Sông Of War – Baruch Bay

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

So yes.

Let’s.

Said the condi scrapper xDD

I adapt to the battlefield and the only class that has whispered me and complained about being a condi noob because he got owned was incidently a revenant.

*technically my scrapper is half celestial

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

The cd is a bit short for the level of damage but really the 50% extra dmg is the real culprit IMO. It’s a highly telegraphed skill that is very easy to dodge.

downed state is bad for PVP

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Isn’t it clear that they made revenant and it’s elite spec as strong as possible so people would actually be compelled to use it, and possibly to stimulate more people to buy HoT?

No they’re not going to nerf it unless they think people might get so frustrated they leave the game, but maybe they don’t care about that even at this point… looking at the forums.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Isn’t it clear that they made revenant and it’s elite spec as strong as possible so people would actually be compelled to use it, and possibly to stimulate more people to buy HoT?

No they’re not going to nerf it unless they think people might get so frustrated they leave the game, but maybe they don’t care about that even at this point… looking at the forums.

Yep… and add to the fact that it’s major complaint is from WvW (a game mode that Anet rarely balances for) means that it’s unlikely we’ll see the nerf bat swinging at it any time soon. Perhaps at the most an adjustment to cool down or to it’s damage related traits (LOL 50% dmg bonus is indeed broken).

in WvW

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Yes, the balance of HoT screams P2W. What core traits and subsequent builds hold a candle to the new Specializations? Surprised this hasn’t been mentioned more often.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

It bears repeating and has been mentioned before. COR not only does way too much damage at range with too low a cooldown. But it goes through doors which makes setting up siege defenses pointless. You can not repair doors you can not try and hold people off from behind the door. The Rev group just spams one COR after the other.

A new class should never be introduced if the game has to go through these balance issues and then have to wait months on a “balance fix”.