Commander's Compendium for Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: Venereus.9473

Venereus.9473

This again?
- No in game accomplishment equals a good Commander.
- A Commander icon is designed to be a group’s tool.
- The resource more suited to be raised by a group effort is coin.

in WvW

Posted by: Tukmolytes.3467

Tukmolytes.3467

I would be happy to get the gold I used to buy the commander tag as there’s already a lot of commanders around.

I bought my commander tag before because whenever I log in there’s no commander in WvW on my server.

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Isle of Janthir [2012-2017] → Fort Aspenwood [2017-Present]
Power Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Rager.8543

Lord Rager.8543

I would be happy to get the gold I used to buy the commander tag as there’s already a lot of commanders around.

I bought my commander tag before because whenever I log in there’s no commander in WvW on my server.

Thats why i got my tag for. i play NA mornings and there was never a commander around. Since the update, we have about 4-8 commanders on and i tend not to command because they have their tags up.

So now my tag is used morely in PvE and trolling

Commander The Tallest Rager
Darkhaven Asuran Guardian
S O T D Warband [SotD]

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

People here say that the commander badge costs 100g and everyone can get it, but if you replace gold with badges the same thing will happen… Plus, badges have nothing to do with actual wvw-knowledge since you usually get them when you kill people.

The good commanders are usually chosen by the guilds they are in. This is where the gold comes in handy, you can simply just send the soon-to-be commander the money and he buys it.

Maybe commanders should be part of guild upgrades or something.

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Well at least if you make it badges it would be a proof that you actually played WvW. The people who buy commander can be newbs that didn’t ever do wvw.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

badges are easy to earn through JP with alts, it was sadly the most efficient way, people used to call them badges of jumping. I like the idea of working it into wxp.

I still think every guild should have access to a green pin, that’s only visible to that guild

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Just let the commander choose the colour of his tag for greater coordination
“Follow Red commander” or
“Follow Blue commander” or
“Follow Yellow commander”…

… could be an easy way to split the zerg.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

I’d be OK with the 100g purchase price as long as you had to earn 50 WvW achievement points first (not WXP, that’s just a terrible grind that made everybody forget how to defend).

(edited by Grav.3568)

in WvW

Posted by: Hebril Amolebin.9817

Hebril Amolebin.9817

You guys are jsut talking stupid things. Having a comander icon no matter how you got it with gold,or badges ect is nothing. In wvw people follow the people who lead. I can give you example If I go on map and put my icon on 90% of the map will come on my icon and at least half and more of them on Ts channel. They do it because I lead for months they know me,they know I am good at what I do and they have fun with me.I can lead guild raids without icon no problem. There is potions to make me visible there is the ts3 mumble ventrilo, ect voice comms.
What we need is better tools for commanders as someone said above squads ability to draw to whole squad ping location such things. Because being on Eu server we use different languages and some guys dont understand english well.
Yes basic commands are easy but when I go for more complex tactic it is a little pain to pull it. I suppose in all german,french servers they dont have this problem but on the multi-language servers this existing problem not a big one but still a problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

Maybe a server wide voting system?

in WvW

Posted by: Ettesiun.9127

Ettesiun.9127

Other suggestion : keep the commander for 100g (or increase it with global inflation )but create a second level of commander : this level would be given through vote for the session.
So you have to prove each time you are a good commander to be upvoted as Superior commander. You can also add a limitation on number of High Commander active at one time.

in WvW

Posted by: Sceinna.3561

Sceinna.3561

I never liked obtaining commander by dropping 100G for it because it doesn’t prove your leading abilities, it doesn’t prove you are a good and active WvW player.. but if this changes to badges or whatever, I’d love a 100G refund because I can easily drop 1000 badges.. obtaining 100G however is a bit harder.

Asside of that, the best solution would be Guild influence meaning you are leading or have a leading role within a WvW guild (solo roamers don’t really have a place as a commander imo)

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Most of the ideas here are horrible. 100g is fine as it is.
1. If you refund everyones 100g there would be inflation. Commander probably took well over 1 million gold out of the game. Also it will stay a good gold sink.
2. Every class has about the same effort needed to get 100g. 10k badges takes a lot of different times depending on build and class. Same with WXP.
3. Voting is a horrible idea. Would make it harder for new commanders to get started and is open to griefing and discrimination.
4. Influence is a bad idea because not every commander is in a WvW guild or in a guild at all. My PVE guild would kill me if I waste influence on commander, even thought I am one of the guild leaders.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Maybe keep the 100g book, but add a 50g book that has requirements such as Take 25 towers, 15 keeps, SM 5 times, etc.?

Just throwing out ideas.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Only change it if there is a PvE equivalent offered. We honestly need more guild management abilities that the commander title helps alleviate somewhat.

One small issue with badges vs gold for blue dorito is that badges can’t be transferred between different accounts.

At launch, I’m sure all guilds pooled their gold to help their WvW leader buy their tag. New guilds probably would like to continue to be able to do so.

I’m not saying to remove the 100g option, just to also add a 10k badges option. Like others pointed out, at least 10k badges means you’ve spent some time in WvW, unlike 100g.

Why use badges or gold? Now that we have WXP, why not just make it once a player gets rank 100 they get a badge that can be viewed on the map. Different badge and color depending on your rank. Players could squad join or ignore it completely if they wanted through a toggle in options.

WXP or WvW achievements would be great to include, but neither currently reward items that you could spend to get the compendium, so that solution would require a whole new system. I really like the idea of changing the color of the commander icon with every 50 WXP ranks though.

Badges – too easy to get them and Commander is not a person tagging most of mobs, when a commander fights,he is doing something wrong or there were much bigger zerg of enemies

Is a commander who doesn’t fight really a commander? On my server (Sorrow’s Furnace) all of our best commanders lead the front line.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

While I think there is a good argument for this, we haven’t discussed it enough yet for me to say if we would or would not want to go this route. We are looking at the commander system generally, because we think it can be improved upon, and as part of that discussion we’ll almost certainly look into how you become a commander.

Thanks for the timely reply Devon. On a related note, will we be able to store Badges of Honor in the collectible section of the bank any time soon? I believe a system was in the works to be able to store badges or dungeon tokens in collectible storage, but they weren’t included in the major collectible storage update because the system to store more than 250 of one item in there wasn’t ready. It would make storing 10k badges a lot more feasible.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson