Communication & Development

in WvW

Posted by: Arcan Soulstorm.4356

Arcan Soulstorm.4356

-snip-

Yes. That must be it. They’re all faked.

Not all, just the good reviews?

Meanwhile: http://en.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2bl5pq/july_24th_1700_cest_round_table_with_ramon_domke/

in WvW

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

I’m seriously doubting any new changes made for wvw because WvW simply does not generate Gems for Anet. In pve people tend to “buy” repair kits, revive orbs, salvage kits, etc, and in PvP anet is trying to generate E-sports hype. But there is simply no transaction involving wvw. Its mostly guild/server pride that is keeping it alive but as time progresses and new games come out people will eventually leave. At that point anet will simply leave it empty

Funny after paying for food/crystals/siege I break even in WvW so I buy gems every two weeks to have any gold for fun stuff.

To be honest I actually make gold in wvw (very little), but then for me if i did a dungeon tour for a day I wouldn’t have to get more gold for wvw in a month. WvW actually costs very little and that is why its being neglected. You don’t need top oil/food because of buffs/removals from many players around you. You don’t even need many golds to buy gears due to badge of honor currency. Hell from those champion bags one can even expect a precursor drop or even a named exotic which will be enough to supply a casual wvw player for about 2 weeks. Beside wvw is only serious in seasons and top tier servers so the population is very unstable and not much. Server transfers can be done with gold to gem exchange so anet can afford to ignore us continuously until wvw dies off.

You must not WvW much. I spend over 1g per hour just on the food and crystals and although they aren’t required for zerging you need then for roaming. Superior siege adds up as well. WvW is serious in the off season for people like me and it isn’t just the top tier servers. If I get a precursor or named exotic from a champ bag I’ll let you know. Cute

1g for an hour isn’t much compare to pve aspect of the game. In my case I usually spend over 100g just for the basic runes and sigils, which tempts me to buy gold. In general, people spend more gold (hence future gem) on pve contents rather than wvw. The only reason people would buy gems is mostly for pve contents which can be used in wvw, but not exclusively for wvw.

If we go by your logic, there is nothing exciting for WvW players to spend their gems on.

Sadly that is true in my case. WvW doesn’t consume as much gold as pve contents. Pve contents consist of ascended gears, legendaries, runes, sigils and many more. Unless you are playing a really different style of wvw (roaming), even then you do not need as much gear/sigil/runes as for pve. With new updates on living story and events like the Crown Pavilion Pve contents remain as gold sink whereas WvW has limited consumables and even limited updates.
While I do acknowledge that WvW is one of the most exciting parts of gw2, sadly it does not have bigger gold sink than pve.

Tour

in WvW

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

You dont need as much sigil/runes/gear? What kind of WvW are you playing? That stuff is even more important in WvW than PvE. I call bullkitten on the notion that PvE players invest more $ into gems, especially since PvE players make more gold and can simply convert.. WvW players want to look good too, only, they have to actually buy skins if the dont want to play PvE..

(edited by GreenAlien.5623)

in WvW

TheFamster.7806

You dont need as much sigil/runes/gear? What kind of WvW are you playing? That stuff is even more important in WvW than PvE. I call bullkitten on the notion that PvE players invest more $ into gems, especially since PvE players make more gold and can simply convert..

First of all I’m a casual wvw and pve but I have spent about 100g~150g on each of my characters for pure pve. The sigils on each characters cost about 20~30g (cheap) and I have to carry many foods/potions/consumable plus different gear sets for different classes (zerker, assassins, even soldier). The runes themselves cost easily over 4g whereas melandru soldier stat gears can be bought using karma for some pieces. Plus in wvw zerg settings an individual other than the commander does not stand out so that any mistake made can be covered with little or no consequence while in pve one misclick can wipe the entire team.
Also variation of sigils depend on each dungeon whereas in wvw it depends on purpose.
Also pvers use more revive orb/instant repair kit and other consumables.
Going deep/hardcore into wvw isn’t cheap, but its certainly less expensive compare to pve contents, and that is why anet doesn’t give a drowning kitten about wvw.

Tour

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

WvW players need more gear then any PvE player,for example,my main is Guard i have 5 ascended armors sets,most of em with different runes,10+ ascended weapons all with different sigils,3 back items again all of em ascended and countless number of accessories all ascended ofc.
Different build different gear,normal WvW raid or GvG.
How many PvE players invest so much just to farm Orr/Dungeons?

in WvW

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

WvW players need more gear then any PvE player,for example,my main is Guard i have 5 ascended armors sets,most of em with different runes,10+ ascended weapons all with different sigils,3 back items again all of em ascended and countless number of accessories all ascended ofc.
Different build different gear,normal WvW raid or GvG.
How many PvE players invest so much just to farm Orr/Dungeons?

Guys from dungeon subforums and they are as lone as us.

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

You dont need as much sigil/runes/gear? What kind of WvW are you playing? That stuff is even more important in WvW than PvE. I call bullkitten on the notion that PvE players invest more $ into gems, especially since PvE players make more gold and can simply convert..

First of all I’m a casual wvw and pve but I have spent about 100g~150g on each of my characters for pure pve. The sigils on each characters cost about 20~30g (cheap) and I have to carry many foods/potions/consumable plus different gear sets for different classes (zerker, assassins, even soldier). The runes themselves cost easily over 4g whereas melandru soldier stat gears can be bought using karma for some pieces. Plus in wvw zerg settings an individual other than the commander does not stand out so that any mistake made can be covered with little or no consequence while in pve one misclick can wipe the entire team.
Also variation of sigils depend on each dungeon whereas in wvw it depends on purpose.
Going deep/hardcore into wvw isn’t cheap, but its certainly less expensive compare to pve contents, and that is why anet doesn’t give a drowning kitten about wvw.

All I read here is real casual player who doesn’t know much about WvW. Just my food is over 1g an hour. Add into that siege/maintenance it easily hits 2.5g per hour. As for WvW gear I will use an extreme example. Dire/plex ascended armor – go ahead and do the math on that and tell me it’s cheap. That’s for one set of armor and I carry 3 depending on what I’m doing at the moment. 4 weapon sets – again for what role I’m playing in WvW. As for mistakes being covered by the zerg it’s generally frowned upon to be a rally bot. In order to cover all of these cost for me to play WvW and not have to choke down pve content I buy gems.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

TheFamster.7806

All I read here is real casual player who doesn’t know much about WvW. Just my food is over 1g an hour. Add into that siege/maintenance it easily hits 2.5g per hour. As for WvW gear I will use an extreme example. Dire/plex ascended armor – go ahead and do the math on that and tell me it’s cheap. That’s for one set of armor and I carry 3 depending on what I’m doing at the moment. 4 weapon sets – again for what role I’m playing in WvW. As for mistakes being covered by the zerg it’s generally frowned upon to be a rally bot. In order to cover all of these cost for me to play WvW and not have to choke down pve content I buy gems.

You might be in a strong wvw guild and commanding but think of the general population. How many people would actually throw down siege? You might be a special case but in pve circles it is a norm to carry just as much weapon/armor as you as well as do it on 3~10 other characters. And beside all anet does is cater for pvers anyway. Might as just enjoy and try to make wvw better

Tour

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

This conversation is weird. All my PvE friends tell me to use only zerker in PvE and I’ve rarely felt the need to waste food or wrench on it. My other armor sets are for various WvW roles.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

You might be in a strong wvw guild and commanding but think of the general population. How many people would actually throw down siege? You might be a special case but in pve circles it is a norm to carry just as much weapon/armor as you as well as do it on 3~10 other characters. And beside all anet does is cater for pvers anyway. Might as just enjoy and try to make wvw better

Ok here we go. My guild membership has never been over 10 people and although I do have a commander tag I usually run a ghetto tag so I don’t divide the take forces from another commander. It is normal on my server (NSP) to toss siege defensive and offensive. If it wasn’t for the time gated requirements I would probably spend even more money to kit out all of my toons in full ascended. Let me add that my guild is almost done with a second guild and getting ready to start a third so we can have tower/camp buffs the entire time we play which means gold for influence.

A WvW map takes a lot more than a pve map because it has to be balanced. Honestly how much content do you think they can throw at WvW without more unbalance or power creep. Anyways have a nice day I’m done with this before I get a bigger headache.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

This conversation is weird. All my PvE friends tell me to use only zerker in PvE and I’ve rarely felt the need to waste food or wrench on it. My other armor sets are for various WvW roles.

Exactly, everybody I know run only zerker in PvE and they dont care about food.
They dont care about finishers because they have nobody to stomp.
They dont buy unlimited gathering tools because they already have 1 set and dont need to change profesions every 2-3 hours because thir team lacks support/damage.
PvE players dont need to buy upgrades and siege.

All PvE players are buying are skins. While those can be expensive, in PvE you can get 100g in few hours if you are good, in days if you are bad. In WvW you can get 10g in days if you do EOTM karma train, and never step into borderland. Or in borderland if you dont care about wvw and just do karma farm.

in WvW

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

-snip-

Yes. That must be it. They’re all faked.

Not all, just the good reviews?

Meanwhile: http://en.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2bl5pq/july_24th_1700_cest_round_table_with_ramon_domke/

Yes, with the start of megaservers german players founded serverindependant communities. At first to organize big events like tequatl and other champions. Later they also organized other PvE events and grew fast. Many people supported these communities (designers, programmes, youtubers).
One of the biggest communities made contact to Ramon Domke from the german gw2-forums. From this contact originates the idea of oral player feedback, I think. They organize these round tables. Talk power is given to one ambassadors for each german server and ambassadors from some gw2-web services like guildnews and wartower. Those ambassadors collect information and opinions from their communities and bring it to the round table.
There are two topics on each session. First weak topics were the guild system and the impression of the first part of season two of the living story.
Yesterda it was WvW in general and part two of the living story.

Whether this brings any results is questionable. At least anet gets some filtered opinion from a large player base istead of flaming forum posts.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Exactly, everybody I know run only zerker in PvE and they dont care about food.
They dont care about finishers because they have nobody to stomp.
They dont buy unlimited gathering tools because they already have 1 set and dont need to change profesions every 2-3 hours because thir team lacks support/damage.
PvE players dont need to buy upgrades and siege.

All PvE players are buying are skins. While those can be expensive, in PvE you can get 100g in few hours if you are good, in days if you are bad. In WvW you can get 10g in days if you do EOTM karma train, and never step into borderland. Or in borderland if you dont care about wvw and just do karma farm.

I used to buy allot of gems in the past (since i ended my p2p game subscription due gw2 game release,) and i only do wvw, i bough skins have a few tormented weapons, and buy tons of expensive food because i hate the crafting system on this game i ended buying a few golems and guild siege also, i doubt im the only one and i believe wvw players spend more time on the TP gemstore than casual players.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

I’m seriously doubting any new changes made for wvw because WvW simply does not generate Gems for Anet. In pve people tend to “buy” repair kits, revive orbs, salvage kits, etc, and in PvP anet is trying to generate E-sports hype. But there is simply no transaction involving wvw. Its mostly guild/server pride that is keeping it alive but as time progresses and new games come out people will eventually leave. At that point anet will simply leave it empty

Funny after paying for food/crystals/siege I break even in WvW so I buy gems every two weeks to have any gold for fun stuff.

To be honest I actually make gold in wvw (very little), but then for me if i did a dungeon tour for a day I wouldn’t have to get more gold for wvw in a month. WvW actually costs very little and that is why its being neglected. You don’t need top oil/food because of buffs/removals from many players around you. You don’t even need many golds to buy gears due to badge of honor currency. Hell from those champion bags one can even expect a precursor drop or even a named exotic which will be enough to supply a casual wvw player for about 2 weeks. Beside wvw is only serious in seasons and top tier servers so the population is very unstable and not much. Server transfers can be done with gold to gem exchange so anet can afford to ignore us continuously until wvw dies off.

You must not WvW much. I spend over 1g per hour just on the food and crystals and although they aren’t required for zerging you need then for roaming. Superior siege adds up as well. WvW is serious in the off season for people like me and it isn’t just the top tier servers. If I get a precursor or named exotic from a champ bag I’ll let you know. Cute

1g for an hour isn’t much compare to pve aspect of the game. In my case I usually spend over 100g just for the basic runes and sigils, which tempts me to buy gold. In general, people spend more gold (hence future gem) on pve contents rather than wvw. The only reason people would buy gems is mostly for pve contents which can be used in wvw, but not exclusively for wvw.

If we go by your logic, there is nothing exciting for WvW players to spend their gems on.

Sadly that is true in my case. WvW doesn’t consume as much gold as pve contents. Pve contents consist of ascended gears, legendaries, runes, sigils and many more. Unless you are playing a really different style of wvw (roaming), even then you do not need as much gear/sigil/runes as for pve. With new updates on living story and events like the Crown Pavilion Pve contents remain as gold sink whereas WvW has limited consumables and even limited updates.
While I do acknowledge that WvW is one of the most exciting parts of gw2, sadly it does not have bigger gold sink than pve.

All of that would lead to conclusion that best thing for ANet (or whoever is making money from GW2) is to introduce some kind of P2Win gem merchandise. I have seen it in some other games and didn’t really like it. Well, I started to “not like” it when I realised I spend 200$+ monthly a F2P game. You know, just to be competitive. Still, I am sure someone in ANet should be smart enough to make some gem items viable for wvw (and not game breaking and P2Win) so we could gladly contribute to ANet income and get the power to demand some additions to current WvW (or at least Dev attention).

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

The ANet Glassdoor employee reviews are an interesting read. You may need to log in to see them all.

There have been a few new employee reviews in the past months and most of them talk about a disconnect between what the higher ups in the company want and what players want. In the end, it’s their game, but reading through the reviews is a bit discouraging as a player.

Anet’s masters NCSoft do not care about a little thing called Guild Wars 2.

Anet’s masters will never allow this game’s devs do what needs to be done to make this the greatest person v person game of all time.

It’s not all Anet’s fault, it’s NCSoft and whoever thought that the association would be a good thing in the first place.

I am a computer professional who has beta tested many MMOs over the years NCSoft has not been the most friendly of companies to try to get into a beta – it was easier to get into a Microsoft OS beta than it is to an NCSoft title.

I have seen many companies kill their own games because of bad management.

I have seen a game die from a single “change”.

I have seen gaming companies ignoring gamers – most do, NCSoft is notorious for not caring about its customers.

http://evilasahobby.com/2009/11/04/why-ncsoft-doesnt-sell-off-its-failures/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCSOFT

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I see 2 problems:

1: Total lack of commitment to WvW and GvG from Anet / Ncsoft
2: No other game released recently has fighting mechanics as interesting as Guild Wars 2 and is available for both Pc and Mac (ESO came very close, it is better than GW2 in many aspects, but zerg battles are often a mess)

So we’re stuck with a gamemode of which the development is stalled, until some other game comes and save the day.

in WvW

Posted by: Demus.4571

Demus.4571

@Xillllix
This is one thing that really saddens me about how WvW has turned out. Never have I played an MMO with a combat system as engaging, fun, and challenging as guild wars’. I really enjoy sPvP, but I’ve had the most fun playing WvW, mainly in guild groups open field and in GvGs. And yet, the only real development to affect the serious WvW scene was bloodlust, which just gave random servers a buff to imbalance fair fights.

I’m not even asking for a huge WvW overhaul, I realize that Anet is focused almost entirely on PvE, and while I personally can’t stand all the living story stuff, I respect that many players love it. But is it really that unreasonable to give us a bug fix, or change the requirements for WvW achievements, or make OS instanced like EotM every now and then? Or even just tell us if it’s something you refuse to do! Surely Anet can see all the rage their top secret development/ignore timelines and playerbase policy has brought about, so just give us the 5 minute scoop on what’s going on, what may and may not be implemented, etc every month or two. Saying you are working too hard for that is just bull kitten. Do it on your lunch break for gods sake.

[ASAP] Zerg ~~~ Starkar