Communication

Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Gaile has bumped this thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Communicating-with-you/page/34

Now yes we have seen a slight increase of red posts.

But how many of them are things we want to hear?
How many of us believe anything will come out of them?

As far as I know, from previous CDIs, all we got were coloured tags, when we wanted that and more for commanders!
And it took over a year just to get coloured tags!

Do you believe the mods/devs really want to communicate and listen to us?

I dont.

I mean thanks to the mods who have posted a few posts on here this week, but truly most of us do not see anything happening to help fix, sorry save, WvW any time Soon™

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

(edited by Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054)

Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

Don’t waste your time, Anet devs never knew what the word ( Communication ) means.
Lets help em.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communication

Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Reigne Irkalla.4768

Reigne Irkalla.4768

More communication would be great – there are a handful of commanders who don’t ping spots on the map.

That said, scouts/roamers need to update in map chat as well. Oh, you just saw a huge zerg steamrolling down to your commander? LET THEM KNOW!

To quote Mulan: “A single grain of rice can tip the scale.”

Also, it’s worth noting that many servers have a TS dedicated to WvW. I don’t have any sympathy for those who complain about lack of communication when the Commander is on TS. Downloading a teensy tiny free program and listening can be the difference between victory and defeat.

Reigne – Idyn – Ereskigal (IRKALLA) Rex – Giddim – Gilgamesh (NERGAL)
The Eternal Mist [THEM] We are currently recruiting!
Must love dungeons and have a sense of humor – pm me for more info :D

Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

That said, scouts/roamers need to update in map chat as well. Oh, you just saw a huge zerg steamrolling down to your commander? LET THEM KNOW!

You assume players will scout.

Not all servers do. There is no incentive, no reward for scouting or defending.
And one of the problems with WvW, or rather THE main problem with WvW, is that the devs have absolutely NO PLANS at all to do anything for WvW, at all! This is straight from Devon’s mouth from those interviews he did a month or so ago.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

Communication

in WvW

Posted by: roxybudgy.8205

roxybudgy.8205

When I used to be a GM for a F2P MMORPG, part of my role was to collect suggestions/feedback from players and pass it on to the community manager, whom then passes it further up the chain. Although it is a much ‘smaller’ game than Guild Wars, suggestions often took months to be considered, then many months more to be implemented. The problem seems to be the chain of command, too many people have to review/approve any changes before anything happens. If we were lucky, we would get some sort of feedback trickling back down the chain, but most of the time we heard nothing back.

The mods/devs on the lower rungs of the ladder probably do care, but I’m guessing their hands are tied on some things.