Concerns about WvW future

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I don’t understand why people think it will kill wvw.

ESO won’t kill WvW, WvW is doing a nice job of killing itself.

Unfortunately the Developers of GW2 care too much about PVE and making $$ than they do about the PVP side of the game “Epic World Battles” was one of the BIG selling points of this game yet they are NOT very EPIC at all.

The skill lag is EPIC.
The bugs are EPIC.
The imbalance is EPIC
The Hacking and Exploits are EPIC.

/Thread

Its more on the lines the players are killing wvw. Games that are RvRvR live off of players competitive ways. If the players do not have pride in there world or there realm then there is no point in RvRvR in the first places.

Pride is well and good but I kinda feel like it’s the wrong word to use. I’m not ever going to come in here banging a drum over the fact that Gate of Madness is #19 out of 24 servers this week (nevermind that we’ve in the past lost to each of the servers that happen to rank below us).

I think WvW is good because it gives context. It gives something to fight for that actually means something. And I don’t mean means something in the sense of reward chests or achievement points or loot bags. I mean like actually means something.

That something is community. We’re all real people who are worthwhile. We all have troubles, jobs, and things. We don’t have anything in common that we all bought the same game and want to relax with it. If you can build somethin on the server that gives everyone the safe place where they can relax, be free of whatever prejudice or trouble they got goin on elsewhere, and just let them enjoy connectin with others by workin toward a common goal then that’s good and that’ll give you somethin in WvW to love no matter your rank or coverage. So you show up, be kind, work together, and try hard to kill people and get killed by people doin the same.

Only thing gonna kill this are empty servers.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Sarsbear.3469

Sarsbear.3469

AND ESO gives you free sieges to put down that MAKES you pve in rvrvr because thoughts who do not pve in rvrvr are weaker then though who do. ESO going to go down the same rode with its RvRvR in time as GW2 the thing about ESO they will just throw more pve at the players and make it less about pvp.

This is the second thread that you’ve alleged this and your statements are not accurate.

Do tell are there supplies in eso? Do you get means of buying sieges from pve? Is there pve in eos RvRvR? What did i lie about?

Added note every time we talk about eso the more like these will be closed so if you want to put up ideal its best not to talk about eso this is a gw2 forum not eso.

I don’t know what version of ESO you played, but I’ll explain siege to everyone. There is a currency called allaince points that are basically like badges of honor. You get points by completing quests in the pvp zone or killing players. Killing players rewards huge amounts more points than any PvE/quest in the zone. You are correct that siege takes no supply, just the blueprint.

However, there is no anti-personel siege. Trebs, catapults and rams are for breaking into keeps, burning oil is to defend against rams, and ballastae are for taking out other siege equipment. All of them can hit and do dmg to players, but it would all be a game of luck because by the time the bolt/rock fires the person will have likely moved. No piece of siege will offer much benefit in open field fights.

Most importantly, all siege can be killing by a single person. Run/stealth up to the siege, press F and channel for around 3 seconds, and it bursts into flames and is destroyed seconds later.

Basically siege is good for breaking into/defending keeps, and nothing else.

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Hello, I’m Sarsbear from such guilds as PAXA, SPCA, and tM, and I’m leaving this game for ESO. ESO offers balanced stealth (everyone has it and any dmg removes it), real healing (I no longer have to try to line up the end of my dodge roll to where someone is going to be in a very small radius), class balance (because “class” is more flavor than definition, and your action bar is fully customizable), no AoE limit + far fewer AoE abilities, crucial small-man pvp (flipping a camp will disable porting to that keep), no combat speed reduction (so zergs can’t catch up), and a better grouping system. Also an enormous map that you can easily get lost in. And PvE quests in the PvP zone that will funnel smaller groups of players together.

Yes, the animations/look aren’t as fluid as GW2. The targeting system is crap compared to GW2 as well (currently, haven’t browsed many add-ons that could fix this). Luckily what I care about is quality PvP, where fighting people depends on what I do, not how many others I bring.

^ Pretty much agree with all of this. Some of it I comment on in the movie below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc65gvg1LmM

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

AND ESO gives you free sieges to put down that MAKES you pve in rvrvr because thoughts who do not pve in rvrvr are weaker then though who do. ESO going to go down the same rode with its RvRvR in time as GW2 the thing about ESO they will just throw more pve at the players and make it less about pvp.

This is the second thread that you’ve alleged this and your statements are not accurate.

Do tell are there supplies in eso? Do you get means of buying sieges from pve? Is there pve in eos RvRvR? What did i lie about?

Added note every time we talk about eso the more like these will be closed so if you want to put up ideal its best not to talk about eso this is a gw2 forum not eso.

I don’t know what version of ESO you played, but I’ll explain siege to everyone. There is a currency called allaince points that are basically like badges of honor. You get points by completing quests in the pvp zone or killing players. Killing players rewards huge amounts more points than any PvE/quest in the zone. You are correct that siege takes no supply, just the blueprint.

However, there is no anti-personel siege. Trebs, catapults and rams are for breaking into keeps, burning oil is to defend against rams, and ballastae are for taking out other siege equipment. All of them can hit and do dmg to players, but it would all be a game of luck because by the time the bolt/rock fires the person will have likely moved. No piece of siege will offer much benefit in open field fights.

Most importantly, all siege can be killing by a single person. Run/stealth up to the siege, press F and channel for around 3 seconds, and it bursts into flames and is destroyed seconds later.

Basically siege is good for breaking into/defending keeps, and nothing else.

Just rename this thread because eso has about hijacked and it will not be here much longer but i guess i need to point out the flaws in your argument.

I was talking about putting sieges down there is no cost putting it down there is a cost to buy it from npc this cost comes from partly the pve in eso rvrvr yes you can get it from killing players etc.. but your going to get points faster and uncontested by running the pve of rvrvr.

So open field fights ppl do use sieges of all types and that some type of sieges are made for dealing with larges numbers of ppl mainly ballista and condition dmg trebs. On-top of that there is nothing to say they will not add in more types of sieges such as things like AC i am saying this because each sieges has only one thing it can do so its not a strict of the imagination that they will add in ways to deal with zergs as ppl ask for them. That and the lack of skill used to use the sieges as in no charges up its a pure point and click shot makes them easy to use in a pinch that you will find in the open fields. Oil is an anty-person wepon and can be used to keep points in buildings (i think its a bug to put oil out in the open so i am not sure if you can say they are used in ture open field).

Even if they are able to just hit F to kill it dose not changes the fact that you need to kill them in the first places. You can make the same argument about wvw sieges as in they have low hp so its not that much of a pain to kill an AC but you still need to kill it. In some ways by letting ppl stealth kill sieges is going to put way too much effect on the stealth class when it comes to defing or open field and i can see that getting fixed much like say was done with traps in GW2.

Another thing i did not seem to get it at first by now i see it you buy means of repair thought the same way as sieges so a person with more points can fix better then though with out both walls/door and sieges it self. It may come down to what side is best able to farm the eso rvrvr points that will win (though i thing coverages is going to be a major factor like in all rvrvr games).

Stop acting like ESO rvrvr is going to be free from the problems that plagues other rvrvr games there is nothing in eso that fixes things we see in gw2 wvw the only thing eso rvrvr will have going for it is that its simply new and ppl will not have every thing worked out in the first few months but after that you will see the same problems but worst that you see in GW2.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Just rename this thread because eso has about hijacked

Mainly because you’re provoking it with inaccurate statements.

I was talking about putting sieges down there is no cost putting it down there is a cost to buy it from npc this cost comes from partly the pve in eso rvrvr yes you can get it from killing players etc.. but your going to get points faster and uncontested by running the pve of rvrvr.

Prove it.

And its a PvP zone everything in it is contested.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Jski.6180

Just rename this thread because eso has about hijacked

Mainly because you’re provoking it with inaccurate statements.

Prove it.

And its a PvP zone everything in it is contested.

First i did not start an ESO rant when we are talking about gw2 wvw future i just told ppl the problems with what they are saying and its very showing if saying what in the game is being “provoking.”

True every thing is some what contested but players are less likely to pvp when they are off the side doing pve. Its an Ecological ideal where pray will avoid predator when getting food even if the food is less energy rich. The ecologically of fear in effect.
So if a person is solo they do not want to run into a zerg there chose is to def something and hope some one comes to them for them to farm or you try open field to kill / gank a few ppl from the main zerg or smaller zergs or you pve for the points. The safest and most sure when solo or lower man then the zerg is to pve.

Now BACK on GW2 please or at least if you do want to say something wrong about what i am saying at least add in something about GW2 we do need to talk to some point about what going on in the game or your simply on the wrong forums waiting everyone time.

I think coverages is the only thing that GW2 needs to fix to make WvW much stronger then it is but i am not sure how you fix that. Combining worlds is only a temporarily fix they could do something like EoTM shorter match set up with more of a gen red vs blue vs green but that would destroy the identity of worlds and kill a lot of rivalry with groups. They could add in more npc that man siege / def tools but that can waist tools that other players want to save. Maybe time locks so a 2 score system but i can see that getting way too complex. Any ideals i cant think of a good fix.

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Why i not play wvw in gw2 anymore.

The Balancing is only towards tPvP.
GW2 has skill lag even in a 50vs50vs50 fight
the AOE culture in the WvW rewards only blobbing
Roaming is no fun, in ESO i can roam a large map without meet the Zerg but many 1vs1 and 1vs2 or 2vs2.
No Downstate.
The promises they break about there will be no new gear, i only waited for a game i can switch to after i was so disappointed how they implemented the new gear. I never want to craft something!

Maybe i come back maybe not, GW2 is still a good game, but not for me at the moment.

This.
About the lag, I remember EVE. People were screaming about lag when 300 people were in a system. CCP gave us better servers. People were complaining about lag when 1000 people were in a system. And so on. Biggest battle i participated were about 1800 people in a system. Guess what people said
Maybe its us the players who have to change.

Greezzz

That wasn’t lag, that was the fabric of space-time telling you guys to go easy on the Avatar blobs because it’s starting to pull something holding all that.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

Hello, I’m Sarsbear from such guilds as PAXA, SPCA, and tM, and I’m leaving this game for ESO. ESO offers balanced stealth (everyone has it and any dmg removes it), real healing (I no longer have to try to line up the end of my dodge roll to where someone is going to be in a very small radius), class balance (because “class” is more flavor than definition, and your action bar is fully customizable), no AoE limit + far fewer AoE abilities, crucial small-man pvp (flipping a camp will disable porting to that keep), no combat speed reduction (so zergs can’t catch up), and a better grouping system. Also an enormous map that you can easily get lost in. And PvE quests in the PvP zone that will funnel smaller groups of players together.

Yes, the animations/look aren’t as fluid as GW2. The targeting system is crap compared to GW2 as well (currently, haven’t browsed many add-ons that could fix this). Luckily what I care about is quality PvP, where fighting people depends on what I do, not how many others I bring.

^ Pretty much agree with all of this. Some of it I comment on in the movie below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc65gvg1LmM

Good video. I hope ANet will “steal” some ideas from ESO RvR…

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Well now that the EOTM commentary thread has close I’m not sure what to think about the future of this game. If you read between the lines of the last post by Devon he pretty much say that they are afraid to do drastic changes to WvW. From my perspective WvW needs drastic changes to keep me interested.

Yesterday on Reset night SBI was literally spawn camped by a zerg of 60. We’ve been in the same unfair matchup for over a month. Nobody care anymore, “boring” is the term that came up the most often.

I wished this game could be set back on track with all the amazing contributions of players on this forum and some new content form the great artists at Anet, but right now I do not foresee this happening before the end of summer.

I’ve got plenty from this game for my money, or maybe not that much considering the sum of money I wasted on Gem store (not recently)…

Anyway I’ve simplified the decision for myself: unless Anet announces a GvG mode I’m going to the new big thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Monsteratic.5487

Monsteratic.5487

Its more on the lines the players are killing wvw. Games that are RvRvR live off of players competitive ways. If the players do not have pride in there world or there realm then there is no point in RvRvR in the first places.

Agreed. There is no server identity anymore. Most (not all) wvw guilds are responsible for causing the rift between player and server identity. There are not many guilds that have actually stayed on their server from day one without transferring. Most guilds are just looking for fights rather than ppt, which is really hurting some servers as well as the community. WvW is for fighting against other servers to see who can win by PPT, not kills. I really wish Anet would make a guild arena where guilds could match up with other guilds from other servers to fight (kinda like LFG); I bet you it will reduce the amount of massive server transfers (and transfers overall) we have seen lately.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Agreed. There is no server identity anymore. Most (not all) wvw guilds are responsible for causing the rift between player and server identity. There are not many guilds that have actually stayed on their server from day one without transferring. Most guilds are just looking for fights rather than ppt, which is really hurting some servers as well as the community. WvW is for fighting against other servers to see who can win by PPT, not kills. I really wish Anet would make a guild arena where guilds could match up with other guilds from other servers to fight (kinda like LFG); I bet you it will reduce the amount of massive server transfers (and transfers overall) we have seen lately.

It should never have been about servers in the first place. It should have been about guilds. Everything in this game should be about guilds.

There could be 3 main alliances and a guild could only represent one of these 3 alliances. Let’s scrap the server system.

in WvW

Deathmond.7328

It should never have been about servers in the first place. It should have been about guilds. Everything in this game should be about guilds.

There could be 3 main alliances and a guild could only represent one of these 3 alliances. Let’s scrap the server system.

There are such type of suggestion in last CDI but seems Anet doesn`t want to go for “one big server” and “red vs blue vs green” that works well at EOTM and may be in ESO. I think this would be good dessision for “dead” servers and adress question about “pride” from server to guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

The balance problems in wvw, particularly class balance problems, have been dismissed for too long. I spoke to two anet employees, and the attitude of many at anet is that players don’t understand the game. when you start to blame the customer, things are bad.

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

There are such type of suggestion in last CDI but seems Anet doesn`t want to go for “one big server” and “red vs blue vs green” that works well at EOTM and may be in ESO. I think this would be good dessision for “dead” servers and adress question about “pride” from server to guild.

It works in ESO because each faction is distinct and you do the story associated with the faction so you should identify with it more. EOTM is only a colour, how do you identify with that.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

I’ll break it down for you:

“ESO gives you free siege.” False. In ESO, siege is purchased with alliance points. You earn more alliance points through killing other players and fighting over objectives defended by other players than through doing pve.

“[ESO] MAKES you do pve in rvr.” False. It is possible to earn all of your alliance points by killing other players and not doing any pve at all.

“because thoughts [sic] who do not pve in rvrvr are weaker then though [sic] who do.” This sentence doesn’t even make sense. Reading your other replies you seem to think that using siege somehow makes a player stronger in PvP. While siege is required to take a keep because player attacks won’t damage keep doors (unlike GW2), players without siege can still influence the outcome of a keep fight by killing enemy reinforcements without using any siege at all.

“ESO going to go down the same rode [sic] with its RvRvR in time as GW2 the thing about ESO they will just throw more pve at the players and make it less about pvp.” You have no way of knowing the direction ESO’s PvP will go. The only people who do are ESO’s developers. Currently, however, ESO’s PvP favors killing other players much more than in GW2.

Reading your replies to other people, it seems that the basis for your complaint is that supplies aren’t needed to build siege in ESO. My response to that is, “so what” and argue that taking supply camps in GW2 is more PvE than PvP. Outside of a very few instances, most supply camps are taken without any defense at all, so they are just more PvE content in a PvP zone.

In fact, it’s a stronger argument to say that in GW2 you’re required to PvE (take supply camps) to build siege to take a keep, but then in GW2 it’s entirely possible to take keeps without using any siege at all because players can destroy doors with their attacks.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in WvW

Substance E.4852

It works in ESO because each faction is distinct and you do the story associated with the faction so you should identify with it more. EOTM is only a colour, how do you identify with that.

True, but each color has a themed zone with specific npc factions guarding it. Obviously such a system would need massive expansion to feel complete but it’s possible. We have 3 different world organizations we can join in the personal story could also be used to make each color feel alive and different.

in WvW

Monsteratic.5487

I disagree, although guilds do play a role in the game, it should not evolve around them. There are people that don’t want to be in a guild and you can’t force them to be in one. One person I saw on this thread stated that Anet does not want to make any significant changes to WvW, in fear that they may unintentionally ruin it. I agree, the only thing they can do is to test features they want to add into the game before rolling them out and hope that the community accepts them. I like the server system and I still think there should be server transfers. The thing is that the community (in particular the WvWvW guilds) needs to accept that they are responsible for ruining the experience in WvWvW. By abandoning servers, it basically forces new players and other players alike to buy gems to transfer to another server to get the WvWvW experience. I think this is truly unfortunate, but some things you can’t really regulate, you can only inform people so they know before hand.

in WvW

Substance E.4852

I disagree, although guilds do play a role in the game, it should not evolve around them. There are people that don’t want to be in a guild and you can’t force them to be in one. One person I saw on this thread stated that Anet does not want to make any significant changes to WvW, in fear that they may unintentionally ruin it. I agree, the only thing they can do is to test features they want to add into the game before rolling them out and hope that the community accepts them. I like the server system and I still think there should be server transfers. The thing is that the community (in particular the WvWvW guilds) needs to accept that they are responsible for ruining the experience in WvWvW. By abandoning servers, it basically forces new players and other players alike to buy gems to transfer to another server to get the WvWvW experience. I think this is truly unfortunate, but some things you can’t really regulate, you can only inform people so they know before hand.

You can’t blame people for taking advantage of a bad system.

Coverage = victory in WvW. You either have it or you don’t.

They created a bad system and it’s not our fault that people choose to use it as well as we can. It’s not fun to lose to a group 3 times your size or to log in every day and find all the work you put in last night to be undone because your server has no coverage during certain periods when the opponents have good coverage. Eventually people won’t stand for it anymore and will move to tiers where they don’t have to deal with population blackouts or lopsided match-ups.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

They created a bad system and it’s not our fault that people choose to use it as well as we can. It’s not fun to lose to a group 3 times your size or to log in every day and find all the work you put in last night to be undone because your server has no coverage during certain periods when the opponents have good coverage.

This much I agree with.

Eventually people won’t stand for it anymore and will move to tiers where they don’t have to deal with population blackouts or lopsided match-ups.

I disagree with this. The vast majority of people will remain loyal to their servers. The big guilds will server-hop and leave when <insert_current_server_name> goes anywhere near gold league.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Monsteratic.5487

They created a bad system and it’s not our fault that people choose to use it as well as we can. It’s not fun to lose to a group 3 times your size or to log in every day and find all the work you put in last night to be undone because your server has no coverage during certain periods when the opponents have good coverage. Eventually people won’t stand for it anymore and will move to tiers where they don’t have to deal with population blackouts or lopsided match-ups.

No you can, If people know it is a bad system, they have no right to abuse it.

in WvW

Substance E.4852

You must be new to online, multiplayer gaming.

I guess it’s the players’ fault that the Hammer Train is so powerful because we blob it, not because anet decided to stick spammable CC on a dps and tank class.

in WvW

Substance E.4852

I disagree with this. The vast majority of people will remain loyal to their servers. The big guilds will server-hop and leave when <insert_current_server_name> goes anywhere near gold league.

I just mean that this is the reason that we deal with massive guild migrations. It starts with the fair-weather guilds leaving but then more and more start to leave when getting curb-stomped becomes a nightly affair. Soon there’s no one left who has an organized group and eventually even the pug commanders stop logging in because no one enjoys herding cats who don’t use TS.

in WvW

Monsteratic.5487

You must be new to online, multiplayer gaming.

I guess it’s the players’ fault that the Hammer Train is so powerful because we blob it, not because anet decided to stick spammable CC on a dps and tank class.

I am not new to online multiplayer gaming. There is nothing wrong with the hammer train first of all. There is an easy counter to hammer trains: avoiding them by dodging or dpsing at a distance. Every class has it’s strength and weaknesses. I don’t want to sound condescending, but I take it that you have not played in T1 long enough to realize this. Back to the point I made in my previous post, this is something that Arena Net can’t fix overnight. In all honesty, they can’t really fix this issue. The community has to fix it, you can’t call on big brother to solve all your problems like people want them to. If the community doesn’t fix it, then we will have to live with it I guess.

in WvW

Jski.6180

@Poxheart.2845

Would you kindly stop putting world in my month that i did not say.

I even talked about “AP” system to buy sieges in ESO i am talking about deploying it. There is no cost and that spells out right doom for rvrvr if you do not like sieges.
On this line if pve give you these points and these tend to be less active to the pvp side (less likely to run into a zerg) ppl are more likely to get these points from the pve part of ESO rvrvr.
IF sieges is free to DEPLOY then there is NO reason for a person to not have any sieges on them therefor for the player to be at there best they need to have sieges on them of some type (this is both the weapons and means of fixing weapons and wall/doors).
What supplies dose is give ppl a means to counter build ups of sieges also know as sieges creeping a map. What supplies dose is it stop you who may have more or less players to have places down sieges as you go along to the point of pushing the other team to and endless sieges wall. What this dose to towers is make at one point in time the ppl out the out side will run out of supplies due to losing there sieges before they can kill a wall to go away there by giving a win for the defer or make the tower run out of sieges giving the attkers the ability to down the wall more then likely making them win.
At the same time with a supple system you can add in means of killing players supple giving ppl an instinctive not to clump up as much due to aoe effect of supple remove. Sieges is not a hard counter to sieges there is no paper rock scissors system for siege all siege takes down from all other sieges and often the attk tend to be very much one way in that one siege can hit all others but often that sieges cant be hit by others. The true counter to sieges is not giving the other side time to put there up and the main way you do this is to slow down supple lines LIKE IN REAL WAR.
The taking of camps and tower etc.. in GW2 is not full pve its a mix of pve and pvp it mostly pvp if the side dose not chose to defend it that is up to them but they can and often if the other side chose not to def it because they feel there time is used best in another way using these tower camps etc.. as means of time gaps much like you would use a wall or door. Any way if you want to call THAT pure pve in GW2 then how is that not calling what ESO tower etc.. not pve?
I think you do not like what happening in wvw or you do not like wvw in GW2 so its out right blinding you to the other games flawed rvrvr. Now that you waited my time saying the same thing about the 5th time odds are i am going to need to say it agen because ppl like to keep making up things that i am saying. This is about GW2 and GW2 problems not how something else dose not have the problems this is no gen forum about all games this is about GW2. Please keep it to this.
I have put a bit more though into coverages problems one suggestion i see is to lock off times but that seems wrong to off time players what about having 2 scores one from 1/2 of the day and the other for the other 1/2 of the day to brake down a win during one time vs over all points. I am not sure what else can be done to fix coverages problems.

in WvW

Posted by: Bao Lin Nda.1042

Bao Lin Nda.1042

Just my 2c:
- wvw became boring. They put in new things like wxp, but what players need are new maps, new content, new challenges.
- Server transfers should be totally free and should not punish guilds/players (can’t transfer guild banks & upgrades etc.). Esp. smaller guilds tend to stick to their servers due to this and will rather leave the game than transfer and regain the upgrades.
- Coverage and night capping need to be fixed somehow or dismiss PPT.

And for PvE:
Chance is a nice mathematical concept but a very bad concept for a game like that. Players with >3k hours never seen a precursor or even a white or black color vs players with their 3rd legendary after some weeks. Best way to frustrate players, gg Anet. And stuff like that should never have been tradable at all anyway. Worst decision ever.

in WvW

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Anet has left the WvW
Anet thinks the future of GW2 is in PVE

Selected PvE. They abandoned dungeons as well.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in WvW

Jski.6180

Just my 2c:
- wvw became boring. They put in new things like wxp, but what players need are new maps, new content, new challenges.
- Server transfers should be totally free and should not punish guilds/players (can’t transfer guild banks & upgrades etc.). Esp. smaller guilds tend to stick to their servers due to this and will rather leave the game than transfer and regain the upgrades.
- Coverage and night capping need to be fixed somehow or dismiss PPT.

And for PvE:
Chance is a nice mathematical concept but a very bad concept for a game like that. Players with >3k hours never seen a precursor or even a white or black color vs players with their 3rd legendary after some weeks. Best way to frustrate players, gg Anet. And stuff like that should never have been tradable at all anyway. Worst decision ever.

The new map would be nice but we got one and ppl played it as if it was the greatest thing every but it only lasted for about a month and ppl went back to old wvw maps. I do not think “new maps, new content, new challenges” work what seemed to work was the adding of new wvw ranks that got ppl playing non stop but now that every one has the “best” effects caped they are getting bored. I think ppl want vertical progression in wvw at least more of it. I am starting to think that is the true key behind mmorpgs over all if there a lack of vertical progression then ppl get “bored” with the new content fast. Mind you vertical progression dose not just mean better gear it can also means you must do 1 2 3 before you can get to 4.

Even you seem to want vertical progression in the forum of a precursor on the pve side. Even that is something once you get becomes very pointless if there nothing else after. Maybe this game needs more things to work for but that means more grind more ppl thinking they “need” something etc.. i am not sure how that would work.

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Even more concerned as the mods have just removed the thread where people were posting the invisible and invincible ele!

Keep your heads in the ground anet, you’re doing a bang up job driving people away from your game!

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Epsilon Atreides.3816

Epsilon Atreides.3816

Even more concerned as the mods have just removed the thread where people were posting the invisible and invincible ele!

Keep your heads in the ground anet, you’re doing a bang up job driving people away from your game!

Did the thread get deleted, or did it get hacked and turned invisible too?

I’m scared, someone hold me.

(PS. Thanks for the infos and updates on that Anet. I feel informed as usual, and confident as a regularly paying customer that future TP purchases will see the profits invested in the mode I spend my primary game time in.)

adjusts blindfold

Epsilon
Mag/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Well hate to say I told ya so.. ANET prefers to sweep things that say too much about the state of the game under the woolly rug… invisible hacker thread, WvW population CDI etc, etc.. says a lot tbh, but hey we got WvW tournament to look forward to now… now where do we go to get that hack again, maybe if we all start using it – might level the playing fields a bit regardless of server populations

in WvW

Jski.6180

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs This is where you need to post about bugs and maybe haxs.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayze.9756

Jayze.9756

to be honest to me seem like they would rather bury there heads in the sand the do anything they couldn’t even respond to the thread at all

in WvW

Bloodstealer.5978

Tbh there are so many sites offering GW2 hacks now even a 5yr can google and download all they need.. like the undetected visual radar/ESP hack that’s out add that to FoV hacks and invisible stalker… no server stands a chance in WvW….. identify, position, invade.. game over!

in WvW

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

In my humble opinion two things are necessary for WvW to remain interesting over the long haul (and in comparison with prospective competitors). First, a faction-based system that ends the incentives for WvW communities to regularly cannibalize each other to gain advantage in coverage – while still allowing players to maintain existing communities to the extent that they wish. And second, more content for the format, primarily new maps.

EotM I think ultimately falls apart because of the random nature of the format. You can’t choose who you play with, which map you play on, or even which “alliance” you represent. You can’t deny players their freedom of choice without the sense of community collapsing, and that ultimately results in players rejecting the entire model. But I also think it’s worth noticing that, even with those rather substantial drawbacks, EotM remained interesting for some time after it was introduced – simply because it was a breath of fresh air. That tells you something about how badly the format needs renewal.

A.net haven’t put themselves in an easy position though. The format doesn’t easily allow for the removal of old maps or introduction of new ones, especially because of the thrice copied borderlands map. Remove one, and you have to remove them all. And that’s just one of several problems. A.net have some tough decisions to make about WvW. It’s the one format they haven’t been able to formulate a consistent vision for (unlike PvE with its living story, or sPvP with its aim toward e-sports). In fact I still don’t think they’ve made up their minds about what to actually do with it, or if they have they’re too conservative about it on account of WvW being tolerable as it is – which is true. But it could be a whole lot better.

in WvW

Posted by: Sandeskuala.6540

Sandeskuala.6540

Dont even bother to post stuff about hacks you will get your post deleted and you will receive a message with a warning….

i love the game the WvW its amazing… but i feel that they (anet) just dont care about wvw and pvp.

in WvW

Posted by: Epsilon Atreides.3816

Epsilon Atreides.3816

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs This is where you need to post about bugs and maybe haxs.

A thread was started there on the subject. It is no longer there. I believe I’ve worded that in a way consistent with the terms and conditions of the forum.

In other words, it would seem it’s unacceptable to discuss that, regardless of the subforum.

Epsilon
Mag/FA

in WvW

Bloodstealer.5978

Dont even bother to post stuff about hacks you will get your post deleted and you will receive a message with a warning….

i love the game the WvW its amazing… but i feel that they (anet) just dont care about wvw and pvp.

You think its just limited to those 2 areas of the game… take a look around all the rich resource nodes on every map and you will see those same players mysteriously appearing underneath the node, inside a wall etc etc.. its not just WvW that has the issues, its all through the game from starter map to endgame.. abut yes I agree with you – ANET simply don’t care.

in WvW

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

@Poxheart.2845

Would you kindly stop putting world in my month that i did not say.

Everything I quoted is something you wrote.

With regard to your observations about PvP in ESO, it’s abundantly clear that you have not actually participated in the activities that you write about and your statements are based on speculation. Would you kindly please stop doing so. Thank you.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in WvW

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Just an observation: Devon closed the EOTM CDI 3 days ago, in the last 3 days Chris has made 9 posts in his Fractals CDI, including one post to inform fractal players he’s up to date with the posts and thereby assuring them he has read them.

What assurances did we get from Devon? “Sorry I thought there wasnt much else to talk about, so I popped to the pub for 8 days, I think I deserve it for all the hard work I’ve done.” and this was after a 8 day hiatus from the CDI!

So officially the EOTM CDI closed 3 days ago, though really it closed 17 days ago, just 4 days after it started.
But I think the real question is, did it even start? Especially when comparing it to the Fractals CDI which began 21 days ago just like the EOTM, but has been actively seen posts by Chris up to just 4 hours ago! Fractals gets 21 days attention, WvW barely gets 4 days, and EOTM isnt even WVW!!!

I say we need answers, but we all know we wont get any!

Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!

in WvW

Deathmond.7328

The balance problems in wvw, particularly class balance problems, have been dismissed for too long. I spoke to two anet employees, and the attitude of many at anet is that players don’t understand the game. when you start to blame the customer, things are bad.

Gamers community understand better how to play any class and it synergy with talents and other classes…it is apriori for any game. If ANet employees think in another way is their fatal flaw.

in WvW

Deathmond.7328

I identify myself only with my guild in WvW. If I play in another time I play with commander at the map. Problem that you are describing only about pugs but pugs don`t need indentify because that pugs…

in WvW

Posted by: Jaysin X.6740

Jaysin X.6740

I even talked about “AP” system to buy sieges in ESO i am talking about deploying it. There is no cost and that spells out right doom for rvrvr if you do not like sieges.

There is a cost. The siege health decays as you have it out.

in WvW

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Oh and let’s not forget that we wont see any WvW updates for another at least another 10 weeks all in order to “keep the matches fair” during this season.

in WvW

Deathmond.7328

Just an observation: Devon closed the EOTM CDI 3 days ago, in the last 3 days Chris has made 9 posts in his Fractals CDI, including one post to inform fractal players he’s up to date with the posts and thereby assuring them he has read them.

What assurances did we get from Devon? “Sorry I thought there wasnt much else to talk about, so I popped to the pub for 8 days, I think I deserve it for all the hard work I’ve done.” and this was after a 8 day hiatus from the CDI!

So officially the EOTM CDI closed 3 days ago, though really it closed 17 days ago, just 4 days after it started.
But I think the real question is, did it even start? Especially when comparing it to the Fractals CDI which began 21 days ago just like the EOTM, but has been actively seen posts by Chris up to just 4 hours ago! Fractals gets 21 days attention, WvW barely gets 4 days, and EOTM isnt even WVW!!!

I say we need answers, but we all know we wont get any!

It is about what we are talking here. Anet pay too much attention about PvE all the year. But there are many customers who wants WvW new content…not freaking EOTM map for PvE farm and grind – we want WvW content!

in WvW

Deathmond.7328

I came to this game w/a gaming community of around forty players, and was the last one playing after around six months into the game.

For many of us we were not GW1 players, and speaking for myself knew nothing of GW lore, or even had much of an interest in PvE.

A general lack of attention from Anet as they focused on the easy money maker, Living Story, that is directly tied to the gem store and the interests of those PvE players.

Living story is not to bad. The most problem seems that most of Anet employee works only on Living stroy only on PvE.