Condi Thief Plague

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

well. thought there was gonna be another condi thief qq thread soon, but not till July. You crybabies are ahead of schedule.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

I have personally tried condi the last month and its kitten easy conpared to power reaper wich i prefer. There are no ways to avoid damage or have high burst that LANDS ON ENEMYS , no stability in amy way efective no evades blocks imunitys to cc. Power reaper is a free lootbag in most fights as to the new condi reapa puts up a fight and actually does very very well. Give a power trait that provides evades on skills resistance etc and maybe we wont get 1stun dead or 1imobilize dead.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I have personally tried condi the last month and its kitten easy conpared to power reaper wich i prefer. There are no ways to avoid damage or have high burst that LANDS ON ENEMYS , no stability in amy way efective no evades blocks imunitys to cc. Power reaper is a free lootbag in most fights as to the new condi reapa puts up a fight and actually does very very well. Give a power trait that provides evades on skills resistance etc and maybe we wont get 1stun dead or 1imobilize dead.

That’s how power creep happens. When you buff one thing to keep up with another thing that is overpowered. Unless everything is brought in line which would be one massive balance.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Maxing Condi duration on some classes is also very easy to achieve. Traits can grant up to 33% of a specific condi, Runes up to 45%, food 20%. Then you can augment with sigils and trailblazers as needed.

So not really hard to boost the effectiveness of 1-2 conditions by 100% essentially and still plenty of toughness and vitality left over.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Maxing Condi duration on some classes is also very easy to achieve. Traits can grant up to 33% of a specific condi, Runes up to 45%, food 20%. Then you can augment with sigils and trailblazers as needed.

So not really hard to boost the effectiveness of 1-2 conditions by 100% essentially and still plenty of toughness and vitality left over.

You can also trait more cleanses and take foods and runes and traits that lower durations as well, rather easily. The Combo of Runes of Melandru and Sweet bean Bun is 45 percent lower duration, all conditions. There are then traits that can lower durations of specific conditions.

Then there the Boon called resistance which negates all conditions applied as long as it runs. It not all that hard to apply though am I sure some will insist it a highly skilled manuever used as a response to those skilless Condition applications.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Telling someone to tank up to dedicate them to condi cleanse and reducing condi duration is not a great advice for roaming. Maybe for duelling/ scrimming but not for roaming. Roaming builds should ideally be more versatile in fighting many different types of builds (power/condi/hybrid) you may come across while roaming.

You think all that dedication on putting condi cleanse and minus condi duration at the expense of all other things gonna do anything if you happen to come across a power build while free roaming?

People who says otherwise don’t actually roam.

The main problem with condi is it’s too easy to reapply the condi & and the sheer quantity you get from a burst. Unless you are running a build dedicated to cleansing condi, it’s ridiculously difficult to fight against any decent condi player.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

People still haven’t realized what Condi Mallyx Rev does … the real condi plague has yet to come.

I’d take 50% condi mallyx revs over 50% necro reapers in a zerg anyday.

EDIT: On D/D condi daredevil, it’s the same as D/P power Dash except more annoying sustain. The only thing going for it is it has massive synergy with Spider Venom in small group but so few know to swap out for it.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Speak out against the no skill no effort low intelligence meta and the pro meta users are going to troll you.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Conditions aren’t a problem. The true problem is how broken is stealth in this game (which happens in most of MMOs: invisibility is alway a pest, and most of developers aren’t unable to balance it in action games).

Thief is the clas with wider access to stealth, so in good hands the only two outcomes of a 1 vs 1 againts a thief are either 1) defeat or 2) the Thief reset the fight using his mobility or steatlh and then comes again with his stats/cooldowns restored.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

^ at least they can be interuptd and it’s not always they can use 9 inative to get 3 seconds of stealth. How ever I have been scrapper and the odd occasion druid and their stealth is much more forgiving, sneak gyro is a mobile shadow refuge and the stealth from druid in a combination of the trait exiting avatar, leap combo through smoke scale and hunters shot rivals that of a thief in combat because they can’t be interuptd, well the leap can and they also don’t require resorces neither unlike 9 inative. Oh and reseting? Lol yeah druids can do that just as easy btw, so can mesmer.

Power thief is only good at ganking and running away, the very good thievs can duel vs all class but that is still an up words fight.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

^ at least they can be interuptd and it’s not always they can use 9 inative to get 3 seconds of stealth. How ever I have been scrapper and the odd occasion druid and their stealth is much more forgiving, sneak gyro is a mobile shadow refuge and the stealth from druid in a combination of the trait exiting avatar, leap combo through smoke scale and hunters shot rivals that of a thief in combat because they can’t be interuptd, well the leap can and they also don’t require resorces neither unlike 9 inative. Oh and reseting? Lol yeah druids can do that just as easy btw, so can mesmer.

Power thief is only good at ganking and running away, the very good thievs can duel vs all class but that is still an up words fight.

What I wouldn’t give to be immortal like you where time is not a resource but something that is endless.

The amount of stealth in the game is stupid now, it was bad enough with the pledge trait on mesmers and thieves post trait rework and it’s only getting worse. When will ANet finally do something about the mechanic and admit it’s far too strong in its current form.

As for permanent evade condi thieves or stealth camping burst condi thieves I generally just leave them, I cba fighting it where I need to burst in a fraction of a second and evade an instant cast teleport all the time. You can find one on SFR if you ever fight, he likes to seige people after ganking with a power thief, he’s terrible but gl killing him without stealth disruptor and another thief.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Iyomi.5374

Iyomi.5374

I think what makes condi strong is that its less demanding, stat-wise. Just stack up on condi dmg, you can skip expertise altogether cuz condis wont last their full duration anyway.

Still, not having expertise doesnt really hinder a condi spec’s dps, at least not as much as not having either precision or ferocity to a power spec. Like say, a power spec with soldiers gear vs a condi spec with dire gear of the same class competing for dps, the condi is likely to win.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

What I wouldn’t give to be immortal like you where time is not a resource but something that is endless.

The amount of stealth in the game is stupid now, it was bad enough with the pledge trait on mesmers and thieves post trait rework and it’s only getting worse. When will ANet finally do something about the mechanic and admit it’s far too strong in its current form.

As for permanent evade condi thieves or stealth camping burst condi thieves I generally just leave them, I cba fighting it where I need to burst in a fraction of a second and evade an instant cast teleport all the time. You can find one on SFR if you ever fight, he likes to seige people after ganking with a power thief, he’s terrible but gl killing him without stealth disruptor and another thief.

I dunno, I find mesmers… chrones to be far more imortal then a thief (at least meta d/p), you have a lot of rotational defensive skills, some of which are used offensive too, and I am not just talking about thief vs mesmer mu here.

Anyway back on topic, the game has gone to far with everything now, not just condi application but everything, even wvw guilds all run dura rune just to spit out boons when they get struck. I dread to see how this next expansion pack will effect the game when it comes out.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

apharma.3741

I dunno, I find mesmers… chrones to be far more imortal then a thief (at least meta d/p), you have a lot of rotational defensive skills, some of which are used offensive too, and I am not just talking about thief vs mesmer mu here.

Anyway back on topic, the game has gone to far with everything now, not just condi application but everything, even wvw guilds all run dura rune just to spit out boons when they get struck. I dread to see how this next expansion pack will effect the game when it comes out.

Well I wasn’t really meaning mesmers skills, just that where thief uses resource of initiative (a form of time but with more wiggle room) other classes have the resource of time. When you use a skill it requires time to be waited until you can use that specific skill again.

I think rangers have too much stealth vs it’s cool downs atm but that is more of a balancing issue with smokescale smoke field and the number of blast/leaps finishers they have when coupled with CA which adds another blast+traited stealth.

Initial reveals I was told about over a year ago said that ANet was really looking into the elite spec balance issue with a big toning down of many things. How true that will be I dunno but the guy that told me was right about Balthazar and the progression of LS and many of the reveals we’ve seen since then have only confirmed what he said.

The new expac will be worth looking at if everything progressed as indicated.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Leolas.6273

Leolas.6273

Those Condi thieves really sucks. The whole WvWvW is full with condis now and anet really think this should be fun? How pathetic. I will now really leave this game because it is really unfun to play. I can spend my freetime for more better games than this kitten.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Lahmia.2193

Those Condi thieves really sucks. The whole WvWvW is full with condis now and anet really think this should be fun? How pathetic. I will now really leave this game because it is really unfun to play. I can spend my freetime for more better games than this kitten.

Cool story. Send us all your materials and gold.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I wonder how far people can beat a dead meme.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Lahmia.2193

As long as I have strength in my arm and QQ’ers, who threaten to leave because of something minor, I shall beat it hard.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

apharma.3741

As long as I have strength in my arm and QQ’ers, who threaten to leave because of something minor, I shall beat it hard.

Oh what a choice of words XD

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

Nice innuendo there

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

^this….I totally love this and will stand erect in support of it 100%

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

You guys are super edgy man.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Im a pretty balls to the wall type of person

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

To be fair, why post that you are leaving as if that is supposed to change something. Its usually an empty threat anyway – as it was with this guy. I added him in game after I saw this post yesterday and lo&behold, he was online.

If you’re gonna leave the game, why announce it unless you’re just an attention ho.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Condi should stay, WvW Shouldnt be designed around roamers or thievs needs, who are the minority.

As a group, you have tons of condition cleaners and rarely go beyond 10 seconds unless you are away from the commander.

The zerg fights in the power-meta era were tedious.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

People always complain about meta when their specific way they want to play isn’t part of it. If a player rolls with something that isn’t meta, they should expect to be at a disadvantage against players running meta.

Its not like Condi thief is so OP nothing can beat it. I have a pretty strong Condi Thief build and several competitive meta builds are an uphill fight… looking at you DH.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Stay in groups and be aware of your teammate’s mobility compared to your own. Condi thief is pretty ineffective vs a large enough group as the cleanses (and resistance if they’re large enough) overlap too much. Most of my kills are got when I kite out and the faster members of the group chase me, meaning I can spike them down before their friends can catch up.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

Conditions aren’t a problem. The true problem is how broken is stealth in this game (which happens in most of MMOs: invisibility is alway a pest, and most of developers aren’t unable to balance it in action games).

Thief is the clas with wider access to stealth, so in good hands the only two outcomes of a 1 vs 1 againts a thief are either 1) defeat or 2) the Thief reset the fight using his mobility or steatlh and then comes again with his stats/cooldowns restored.

Its funny out of all the things in the game that I enjoy the least its stealth. Ive never liked being able to disengage from a fight. It should be used for brief periods of disorientation, 1-2 seconds, and then re-engagement. I feel like many unfun fights would be improved by lowering or removing stealth. As someone else pointed out I was surprised by how much stealth I saw coming from rangers and druids too. I wasn’t expecting that!

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: eXruina.4956

eXruina.4956

Dire does NOT have the same damage output as zerker.

It CAN.. unless you don’t plan on using Conditions to deal damage.. lol.

Dire only has one stat that can increase damage. Vitality and toughness is for sustain.

Thats the point, Power builds have to invest in the holy trinity to deal damage competitively, Power, Precision, Ferocity.

While Condition builds only need Condition Damage and dump other stats for insane tanking ability.. 3k armor 20k++ HP while dealing damage high enough to compete with full glass Power builds.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Thats the point, Power builds have to invest in the holy trinity to deal damage competitively, Power, Precision, Ferocity.

While Condition builds only need Condition Damage and dump other stats for insane tanking ability.. 3k armor 20k++ HP while dealing damage high enough to compete with full glass Power builds.

While this is generally true, there are numerous power builds that don’t suffer much by spiking DPS. Blow Up DH, Stun Lock Warrior, Power Mes, Staff Thief, D/P Thief and several others are formidable power builds.

Outside of Condi Thief, Necro, Chrono and a handful of other builds, condi is fairly meh. Breaking that down a bit, Necro revolves around one OP trait. Thief does most of their application from Steal and Condi Chrono bunker… well that last build is a bit nuts. All of these builds have fairly serious weak points in that they don’t perform well outside of their role (roaming, zerg, etc).

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

babazhook.6805

Dire only has one stat that can increase damage. Vitality and toughness is for sustain.

Power builds do not HAVE to invest all of those points via gear into precision, ferocity and Power. They have that CHOICE meaning they are more flexible.

Having more choices is not a bad thing. I posted a warrior build up avove that has over 26k in health and over 3 k in armor. The ferocity when the stacks get on is 210 percent damage. The precision runs at close to a 90 percent crit rate. It pumps out plenty of damage as it also runs with a near constant 15 might stacks. It also has oodles of resistance (10 seconds out of 16 just on using healing signet let alone Berserker stance)

Crit and ferocity do little for a Condition build outside a few classes and therefore are not used. The proper way to look at this is a Condition build can only really increase damage output via one stat whereas a power build can increase it via 3.

On two of my POWER thieves , I sacrificed precision in one and used Sigil of Intell and DrD runes to make up for that. On another I took a small hit to power and make up for that via might stacking. On this latter I actually did very well for the longest time using Sentinel runes and the reason I pulled out of those was not because he could nto do enough damage but because I found with the dodges and stealth and evades he had available all that extra toughness was not needed.

There all manner of ways to make up for lacjing precision , power or ferocity via traitlines and balancing weapon sigils and the like that allow you to take more vitality and toughness, far more then available to a condition build. As example my Staff p/p thief has coupled might stacking with high quickness uptime which serves power builds far more then Condition builds.

One of the reasons I favor power builds and WHY it is I have close to 30 toons with multiples of the same class is because they are much more flexible as to how they can be built when compared to condition simply because they have more ATTRIBUTES they can choose from that help in their builds. It means I can shape a given build to have a wider variety of strengths and weaknesses something that does not exist to the same extent in Condition builds.

Less choices does not equate to being OP.

Finally NO. Condition builds can not pump out as much damage as power builds UNLESS the person at the other end refuses to cleanse. Using DPS meters off fighting golems to make this point is about the silliest thing I have seen on these boards as those Golems do not cleanse.

Players can and do. There a whole pile of players that just want to trait their old power builds with sigil air, sigil fire. Scholars armor and take every damage increasing trait they can because they want the single biggest damage spike they can muster. I have no problem with them doing that. It their choice , but to then come to the boards and whine because they do not have enough cleanses to deal with condition builds because of choices they made is rather inane.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

Honestly single combat in wvw is broken and highly unbalanced due to a number of things.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: eXruina.4956

eXruina.4956

@babazhook: The stats and performance you mentioned are greatly exaggerated, so far all of your posts have been long winded but devoid of actual fact on the matter. It actually looks like you’re just arguing for the sake of arguing that you’re right and everyone else is wrong. xD

@Straegen.: I know there are counterplays to certain builds.. but skill only gets you so far and the advantages of full Dire and Trailblazer’s is quite undeniable.

Anyway I doubt anything said here will bring about change from Anet.

On topic my advice to the OP is just roll with it as mentioned by someone above. I know it gets old on the roam sometimes and honestly its not just the condi thieves either.. =p But hey.. its part of the game, any game for that matter. So chin up and when a Zerg rolls over their sorry ass kick em while they’re down. (“(>____<)”)

New expansion coming up, new mechanics and styles of play.. something to look forward to. **

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Power builds do not HAVE to invest all of those points via gear into precision, ferocity and Power. They have that CHOICE meaning they are more flexible.

Having more choices is not a bad thing. I posted a warrior build up avove that has over 26k in health and over 3 k in armor. The ferocity when the stacks get on is 210 percent damage. The precision runs at close to a 90 percent crit rate. It pumps out plenty of damage as it also runs with a near constant 15 might stacks. It also has oodles of resistance (10 seconds out of 16 just on using healing signet let alone Berserker stance)

Crit and ferocity do little for a Condition build outside a few classes and therefore are not used. The proper way to look at this is a Condition build can only really increase damage output via one stat whereas a power build can increase it via 3.

On two of my POWER thieves , I sacrificed precision in one and used Sigil of Intell and DrD runes to make up for that. On another I took a small hit to power and make up for that via might stacking. On this latter I actually did very well for the longest time using Sentinel runes and the reason I pulled out of those was not because he could nto do enough damage but because I found with the dodges and stealth and evades he had available all that extra toughness was not needed.

There all manner of ways to make up for lacjing precision , power or ferocity via traitlines and balancing weapon sigils and the like that allow you to take more vitality and toughness, far more then available to a condition build. As example my Staff p/p thief has coupled might stacking with high quickness uptime which serves power builds far more then Condition builds.

One of the reasons I favor power builds and WHY it is I have close to 30 toons with multiples of the same class is because they are much more flexible as to how they can be built when compared to condition simply because they have more ATTRIBUTES they can choose from that help in their builds. It means I can shape a given build to have a wider variety of strengths and weaknesses something that does not exist to the same extent in Condition builds.

Less choices does not equate to being OP.

Finally NO. Condition builds can not pump out as much damage as power builds UNLESS the person at the other end refuses to cleanse. Using DPS meters off fighting golems to make this point is about the silliest thing I have seen on these boards as those Golems do not cleanse.

Players can and do. There a whole pile of players that just want to trait their old power builds with sigil air, sigil fire. Scholars armor and take every damage increasing trait they can because they want the single biggest damage spike they can muster. I have no problem with them doing that. It their choice , but to then come to the boards and whine because they do not have enough cleanses to deal with condition builds because of choices they made is rather inane.

Sorry for the off topic but I gave that warrior build a run, with tweaks for personal taste, and was impressed. Thanks for sharing.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

babazhook.6805

@babazhook: The stats and performance you mentioned are greatly exaggerated, so far all of your posts have been long winded but devoid of actual fact on the matter. It actually looks like you’re just arguing for the sake of arguing that you’re right and everyone else is wrong. xD

@Straegen.: I know there are counterplays to certain builds.. but skill only gets you so far and the advantages of full Dire and Trailblazer’s is quite undeniable.

Anyway I doubt anything said here will bring about change from Anet.

On topic my advice to the OP is just roll with it as mentioned by someone above. I know it gets old on the roam sometimes and honestly its not just the condi thieves either.. =p But hey.. its part of the game, any game for that matter. So chin up and when a Zerg rolls over their sorry ass kick em while they’re down. (“(>____<)”)

New expansion coming up, new mechanics and styles of play.. something to look forward to. **

I gave the link to the build I am speaking of and the numbers are legitimate. To claim they an exaggeration means one of two things.

1>you did not look at the link so speak out of ignorance and do not know what you are talking about.

2>you looked at the build but do not understand how it works so you do not know what you are talking about.

As to the length of my posts, I did not grow up in a twitter and tweet world where people communicate ideas in soundbites. I can understand it might be hard for some to make sense of sentences that run past 120 characters , but that not my problem.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Meetshield.1756

Meetshield.1756

“Well of Power”

They even named it Well of Power for you so you wouldn’t accidentally forget about it when typing this pile of Trash.

Glass Cannon Zerkers taste sooo good. They act like they working so hard, but they are really only pressing the same combo over and over. Probably have a macro for it by now. Its not hard work. How can it be when you nubs don’t even use your utilities.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

“Well of Power”

They even named it Well of Power for you so you wouldn’t accidentally forget about it when typing this pile of Trash.

Glass Cannon Zerkers taste sooo good. They act like they working so hard, but they are really only pressing the same combo over and over. Probably have a macro for it by now. Its not hard work. How can it be when you nubs don’t even use your utilities.

This is very accurate, many do not realize how braindead playing a full zerker class can be sometimes. Some don’t even uses combos or utilities. For example, a zerker reaper just going into shroud or lich elite and spamming #1 auto attack. Yet everyone wants to cry about condition dmg class setups that most times have to put in multiple dps applications to bring down a target.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

People always complain about meta when their specific way they want to play isn’t part of it. If a player rolls with something that isn’t meta, they should expect to be at a disadvantage against players running meta.

Its not like Condi thief is so OP nothing can beat it. I have a pretty strong Condi Thief build and several competitive meta builds are an uphill fight… looking at you DH.

I never use meta so I guess im part of the minority here. I find my builds suit me and I still don’t have much issue getting my kills. In fact, compared to a guildie of mine that dies use meta DD (both of us are DD), I actually do better than him.

Some people will always complain about anything and everything, its human nature or they need to poop really bad :p

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

condition damage is over the top and requires less personal skill to succeed at

I’ve literally had my cleanses on CD to get downed by a thief from 90% health from just a steal & dodge.

Anet needs to nerf condition damage in this game

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

I’m not really worried about condi as much atm – I got hit by a 11,152 phase smash and 10,913 dragon’s tooth on my necro lol. That’s more than what some thieves hit me with usually.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Condition damage is harder to balance with all the cleanse floating around.

Nerf cleanse, nerf condition output and then we can talk about “condi op.”

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Pelto.9364

Pelto.9364

Condi is no problem. The problem is that the game is Build Wars 2. Condi builds are top builds, but some power builds are top too: power thief ganks easily because it is excellent build, not because backstab combo requires skill to play. When I started playing power thief, my jaw dropped because it was so easy to make big damage at first days.

I have no interest in checking top tuned builds, so, I’m rarely winner in wvw.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

why blame em? i left many times cus of something minor or just cus of boredom..
i just return months later and most of kitten has changed like nowadays i returned and all people are into condi’s and here im with my power thief/power reaper not giving a kitten about meta just blasting my way thru, and yes i hate condi cus its kitten easy to play.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

reddie.5861

Condition damage is harder to balance with all the cleanse floating around.

Nerf cleanse, nerf condition output and then we can talk about “condi op.”

just make condi dmg only work in X range.

let say thief bleed being applied only with melee range
thus melee range was 80 no? (i forgot but w/e) so in order to make bleed work and tick u do like 3x that range = ticks work if more then 240 range away bleed ticks do not work.

with necro’s who have marks at 1200 range u can be max 3600 range away in order for condi’s to have zero effect on person.
cus for me problem with condi’s is every1 is applying em like idiots and then run off like a kitten waiting for you to bleed out, and saying go cleanse em well not all classes have cleanse constantly off cd while reapplying condi’s is 90% of the time a matter of using auto attack.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I’m not really worried about condi as much atm – I got hit by a 11,152 phase smash and 10,913 dragon’s tooth on my necro lol. That’s more than what some thieves hit me with usually.

Yes because dragons tooth is so hard to evade. Probably one of worst skills in whole game.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Lahmia.2193

i just return months later and most of kitten has changed like nowadays i returned and all people are into condi’s and here im with my power thief/power reaper not giving a kitten about meta just blasting my way thru, and yes i hate condi cus its kitten easy to play.

Don’t pretend that power reaper is any harder to play than condi. In fact that’s one of the reasons I started out by playing power necro (pre HoT and then again post HoT) in wvw because it was so kitten easy to play and so good at tagging/damaging. At least condi necro had some harder aspects to pull off, like getting a good epidemic off (before they nerfed it into the ground). People that didn’t play it think otherwise I know, but the amount of times you’d get a successful epidemic off was surprisingly low.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

Yes because dragons tooth is so hard to evade. Probably one of worst skills in whole game.

Ofc it is, if you’re stunned/imbo or knocked down. Some People need to stop assuming that other people don’t try to dodge anything

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

reddie.5861

Don’t pretend that power reaper is any harder to play than condi. In fact that’s one of the reasons I started out by playing power necro (pre HoT and then again post HoT) in wvw because it was so kitten easy to play and so good at tagging/damaging. At least condi necro had some harder aspects to pull off, like getting a good epidemic off (before they nerfed it into the ground). People that didn’t play it think otherwise I know, but the amount of times you’d get a successful epidemic off was surprisingly low.

not saying power is easy or harder to play, its just the way i like to play.
but i can imagine some classes cant handle this meta we have now especially on thief i struggle sometimes with all condi’s flying around and then u have people saying go cleanse like thief has tons of short cd cleanses laying around. meanwhile like i mentioned before re applying condi’s is kitten easy.

tho i also understand that condi is somewhat equal to power
condi ticks overtime “slowly”
power just comes in like a bang.

only difference is when u go power ur more or less stuck with power fero and erm forgot stat name for crit rate
while condi u just need condi dmg and u can smash some tanky stats for the rest.

if u would have had condi gear that added
condi time (expertise no?)
condi dmg (we have)
condi crit chance to crit on ticks

then u wash out the other stats such a vitality / toughness, if u nerf just condi dmg a bit in order to force people bit into other stats.
so u gonna get same as before every1 running around as glass cannon except now its either power or condi or mixed people who do medi core dmg but can sustain a bit also

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

apharma.3741

Ofc it is, if you’re stunned/imbo or knocked down. Some People need to stop assuming that other people don’t try to dodge anything

“Kitten son, you just got outplayed” is what comes to mind when this is the reason given. It’s not like ele has auto proc CC or immob with the CC being on relatively long cool downs. I guess if you attack into shocking aura from tempest defence but even then the DT takes takes so long we’ll be in living story 4 before it drops.

Phoenix is the one we should be talking about.

Condi Thief Plague

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Yes let’s nerf ele scepter and let thief spam 8k hits and hide in stealth.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch