Condi food nerf

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Both the +condi and – condi have been cut in half.

RIP my lemongrass, but beyond that, thoughts?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

For real?!

Awesome! Now things are normalizing much, much better to allow for balanced conditions in WvW.

Oh wait, new armor stat combination has +condition duration. This makes things objectively worse.

Nice job screwing up something else, ANet.

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

For real?!

Awesome! Now things are normalizing much, much better to allow for balanced conditions in WvW.

Oh wait, new armor stat combination has +condition duration. This makes things objectively worse.

It seems their intention is not to nerf condi duration: they know a lot of people want to play builds with condi duration so they lock it behind the paywall of HoT in order to drive sales.

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

For real?!

It seems their intention is not to nerf condi duration: they know a lot of people want to play builds with condi duration so they lock it behind the paywall of HoT in order to drive sales.

You might be on to something. I mean it does slightly help in that full condi must at least sacrifice some of the defenses it used to have.

But scumbag marketing/design is definitely apparent with this expansion due to the hero point/mastery grind for even making some of the new stuff attainable.

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

For real?!

You might be on to something. I mean it does slightly help in that full condi must at least sacrifice some of the defenses it used to have.

But scumbag marketing/design is definitely apparent with this expansion due to the hero point/mastery grind for even making some of the new stuff attainable.

The stat loss is mediocre. It won’t matter that much. There is not a lot of difference between 1400 condition damage and 1200 in practice, for instance. And they can still have a lot of armor and health, while having far more condition duration than the opponent will have of -duration now for sure.

I’ll agree that the food was a bit of an issue, both the + and the -, however a 50% nerf is too much, forces people that want to run a condition build that essentially required the food before, to now also get and run the stats with it, which will make it overpowered compared to power, instead of generally about even ( in a general sense it was even, of course some rune/build combos were ridiculous to overpowered but that isn’t the argument here)

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

When I saw the change I felt free! Finally I am able to use some other food!

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Ye, saffron bread.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

Imo condition duration is always worse than condition damage in wvw simply due to the huge amounts of condi cleanse in zergs, so the new stats won’t really make a lot of difference.

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Long overdue nerf.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

Ye, saffron bread.

Exactly, much, much cheaper and the -20% DMG while being disabled is pretty nice aswell. I guess the price is gonna rise a lot.

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

Is there any new food that has come out with the HoT content that could be used?

Native Maguuman

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Here’s a list from Dry Top .. not what you wanted, but lots of new ones:

http://dulfy.net/2014/07/04/gw2-new-chef-recipes-in-dry-top/

I have seen food recipes from the frog vendors, but don’t know what they entail yet.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Imo condition duration is always worse than condition damage in wvw simply due to the huge amounts of condi cleanse in zergs, so the new stats won’t really make a lot of difference.

This is how I always saw it too. There is so much cleansing or should be in large fights, that condi duration is pretty useless in large scale fights.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Food needed to nerf because, new armor and weapons stats have condi duration boosts.

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

This is excellent news. I noticed it when the patch was out. And I am still using the condition duration foods. Even at -/+ 20% they are better than most other consumables.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Food needed to nerf because, new armor and weapons stats have condi duration boosts.

Tell me, do these new weapons and gear have stats to negate them. If not then they just got a buff to condi duration.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Here’s another question. The food just below Lemongrass was @ 36%. Did they nerf that one or miss it.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Condi food nerf

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

It was nerfed, now it’s 18

HOWEVER

SWEET BEAN BUNS were not nerfed! :S

Also, I need more info on the trailblazer stats and co.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Both the +condi and – condi have been cut in half.

RIP my lemongrass, but beyond that, thoughts?

You mean RIP for needing lemongrass to counter the +40% condi duration. Now the runes are a much stronger chose if you want to counter condi.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Condi food nerf

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

I meant my lemongrass dropped in value. Should have sold them. =p

Condi food nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I meant my lemongrass dropped in value. Should have sold them. =p

O lol all food should be dropping in price due to the new nods in wvw and the “higher pop” due to free accounts.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA