in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

bugged forum again

Condi from Stealth is Damage...

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

It’s nearly as bad as the mesmer who portals away at the start of a stomp and comes back at the end of it, so you can’t interrupt him/her.

Portal stomp is used after they down you at least. The perma-stealth never revealed thief kills you without any possible counter or way to deal with them at all. It’s an “I win and you can’t do anything” button. And lol at cleanse. They will re-apply conditions faster than you can remove them, unless you are an Ele maybe. And they will still be in stealth all the time. It’s pathetic design.

That’s a huge understatement, again the majority of there conditions are on relying that you stand in their Aoe fields and tied to hefty CDs 20 sec for steal and 25 secs plus on traps.

You know that the thieves just STAND on you and drop traps,kite in stealth and then if trap isnt on CD they just put it again, until youre dead. 3 stacks confusion with steal which doesnt reveal them, and you heal once and youre dead by confusion. GG.

in WvW

Aury.1367

i think it would be ok if applying conditions to an enemy reveals you

but if you then want to stealth again and the enemy has just 1 stack of bleeding that does 1 more tick while you are in stealthed and you would get revealed from that?
that would be nonsense

This would break the skill caltrops and uncatchable. Thief drops caltrops . Thief then Stealths . Enemy runs into caltrops field to reveal thief. If I am fighting a stealth thief and see those little red circles from uncatchable, I am running into them. I will take the bleed in return for a reveal.

In essence you eliminate traps caltrops and uncatchable from stealth thief builds as they become akin to the old last refuge and get thieves killed.

If I was a thief wanting to use stealth I would never select those skills .

Except that you are actively choosing to engage by placing down caltrops/traps. Uncatchable(trait) needs a rework period.

You should be forced to chose the relative safety of stealth, or the attack of opportunity provide from leaving stealth, not both at the same time as that leaves 0 room for counter-play outside of nuke at my feet and cleanse.

As hinted at earlier the problem is how stealth is implemented in the game. It’s silly and far too long lasting in most cases.

Same can be said about all the invulns being thrown around while still being able to damage players.

Nobody can be perma invulnrerable like a thief or mesmer can be perma stealthed. You comparission is silly.

And perma stealth acquired by the thief has nothing to do with caltrops or or uncatchable. The solution is a poor one and ill thought out for a class so relaint on stealth to survive.

Ah, so a thief in perma stealth killing me with traps and condi through steal who doesnt reveal ONE TIME isnt a problem? The stomp in stealth, I havent even seen the thief ONE TIME. Has it nothing to do with it? Seriously?

It’s nearly as bad as the mesmer who portals away at the start of a stomp and comes back at the end of it, so you can’t interrupt him/her.

I said stomp in stealth, not portal. Also this is the thing which is most unimportant since YOU ARE DOWN ALREADY. I just mentioned it since i dont even know which server that person is from since i NEVER see them. its perma stealth. I only see it in combat log.

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Portal stomp is used after they down you at least. The perma-stealth never revealed thief kills you without any possible counter or way to deal with them at all. It’s an “I win and you can’t do anything” button. And lol at cleanse. They will re-apply conditions faster than you can remove them, unless you are an Ele maybe. And they will still be in stealth all the time. It’s pathetic design.

That’s a huge understatement, again the majority of there conditions are on relying that you stand in their Aoe fields and tied to hefty CDs 20 sec for steal and 25 secs plus on traps.

You know that the thieves just STAND on you and drop traps,kite in stealth and then if trap isnt on CD they just put it again, until youre dead. 3 stacks confusion with steal which doesnt reveal them, and you heal once and youre dead by confusion. GG.

It’s not like you can’t cleanse and walk away, the amount of condis the thief can put on you is negligible unless you afk in the Caltrops/ trap Aoe red circle, and spam skills without cleansing…. I think I saw a video of someone doing just that and that’s how I view everyone that complains about this spec.

(edited by BlaqueFyre.5678)

in WvW

Posted by: Neftex.7594

Neftex.7594

It’s not like you can’t cleanse and walk away, the amount of condis the thief can put on you is negligible unless you afk in the Caltrops/ trap Aoe red circle, and spam skills without cleansing…. I think I saw a video of someone doing just that and that’s how I view everyone that complains about this spec.

what exactly do you think would save that mesmer with that build and more importantly what is he able to do to that thief?

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

what exactly do you think would save that mesmer with that build and more importantly what is he able to do to that thief?

That Mesmer could have gotten away but chose to spam abilities without cleansing on the Dolyak for one that’s the only reason he died, he could have easily disengaged. The trapper troll thief build can’t kill any competent player it will only kill bads, he could have cleansed and healed then aoed found the BP circles an force thief into revealed but again I see everyone complaining of this troll build to act just like the Mesmer in the video spamming abilities without cleansing or attempting to disengage till they are already dead….

in WvW

Neftex.7594

That Mesmer could have gotten away but chose to spam abilities without cleansing on the Dolyak for one that’s the only reason he died, he could have easily disengaged. The trapper troll thief build can’t kill any competent player it will only kill bads, he could have cleansed and healed then aoed found the BP circles an force thief into revealed but again I see everyone complaining of this troll build to act just like the Mesmer in the video spamming abilities without cleansing or attempting to disengage till they are already dead….

that mesmer runs cleanse on shatter and heal, he used those, after that theres nothing for him to do so who cares what he does next, his cleanses are longer cooldown than thiefs traps, its futile

his damaging skills mostly require target as well, he cant hurt the thief

so far the only people i checked (who also say that people cant die to this) are all from NA and all of them provide vague statements how easy it is to outrun or outcleanse… i doubt any of you met any good trapper thief

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Using Blink first to leave the caltrops.
Condition removal works on a last in-first out principle.
Trying to cleanse conditions while constantly new ones are applied is a bad idea.
The Mesmer basically killed himself due to his skill spamming while having confusion stacks.
Using Decoy was also a pretty bad idea. He wasn’t stunned and stealth is useless in that situation. The only effect was more damage to himself.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in WvW

Neftex.7594

Using Blink first to leave the caltrops.
Condition removal works on a last in-first out principle.
Trying to cleanse conditions while constantly new ones are applied is a bad idea.
The Mesmer basically killed himself due to his skill spamming while having confusion stacks.
Using Decoy was also a pretty bad idea. He wasn’t stunned and stealth is useless in that situation. The only effect was more damage to himself.

point is even if he does everything right, theres no threat to the thief and the thief can reapply the condis faster than mesmer can cleanse again

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

that mesmer runs cleanse on shatter and heal, he used those, after that theres nothing for him to do so who cares what he does next, his cleanses are longer cooldown than thiefs traps, its futile

so far the only people i checked (who also say that people cant die to this) are all from NA and all of them provide vague statements how easy it is to outrun or outcleanse… i doubt any of you met any good trapper thief

Cleanse on shatter isn’t the best especially after waiting so long to start cleansing, he stood in the caltrops proc’ing multiple instances of bleeds and cripple which was stopping the cleansing of the confusion, he never responded to the condis till the Dolyak is dead which are the main reasons he died you can’t balance around bad gameplay. His cleanses aren’t all longer than the Thiefs trap CDs of 24 sec.

he could have easily stopped attacking the Dolyak blinked away from the trap/caltrops and cleansed he did neither it is his fault he died, he responded way too slowly but you don’t seem to understand that so I will just lump you in the same category as the Mesmer.

in WvW

Neftex.7594

Cleanse on shatter isn’t the best especially after waiting so long to start cleansing, he stood in the caltrops proc’ing multiple instances of bleeds and cripple which was stopping the cleansing of the confusion, he never responded to the condis till the Dolyak is dead which are the main reasons he died you can’t balance around bad gameplay. His cleanses aren’t all longer than the Thiefs trap CDs of 24 sec.

he could have easily stopped attacking the Dolyak blinked away from the trap/caltrops and cleansed he did neither it is his fault he died, he responded way too slowly but you don’t seem to understand that so I will just lump you in the same category as the Mesmer.

thief has 2 needle traps on 24 sec cooldown, steal on 26 seconds, what are you gonna do when he uses just 1 needle trap and steal? burn your cooldowns anyway because youd have 10% hp after the one trap anyway? then tank another, youre done…

i really wish i could face you with his build, im not even that good

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

The damage from 1 needle trap and steal won’t cause you to be at 10% health apparently you don’t even know how much damage those condies actually do, now if you spam skills while having confusion you deserve it..

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Yep all depends on what class and build you’re running and the situation. If you can stun break, dodge and then manage the condis they blew a lot of their traps and you basically take no damage. Do it a couple of times and they’ll find an easier target. They pretty much need to wait for all CDs if they blow their burst and you escape.

If you have stun break on CD or get caught in the traps by an extra immob and don’t have resistance, op heals or cleanse it could be gg.

in WvW

Neftex.7594

The damage from 1 needle trap and steal won’t cause you to be at 10% health apparently you don’t even know how much damage those condies actually do, now if you spam skills while having confusion you deserve it..

and thats why i say you have no idea

1 needle trap can deal 13k damage (can be more with condi dur builds) BEFORE damage modifiers (Vulnerabilty, Lead Attacks) so you have to cleanse even just 1 trap

+ steal, + another trap, good luck

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

1 needle trap can deal 13k damage (can be more with condi dur builds) BEFORE damage modifiers (Vulnerabilty, Lead Attacks) so you have to cleanse even just 1 trap

It won’t do 13k damage before you can react and cleanse is why you don’t understand it won’t do that in 1 tick. If that is the case my core thief build should die instantly when I encounter these thieves in WvW. Post a video of these builds doing 13k before you can cleanse the 2-3 condies on the player from 1 needle trap steal combo

in WvW

Neftex.7594

It won’t do 13k damage before you can react and cleanse is why you don’t understand it won’t do that in 1 tick. If that is the case my core thief build should die instantly when I encounter these thieves in WvW. Post a video of these builds doing 13k before you can cleanse the 2-3 condies on the player from 1 needle trap steal combo

youre the one who doesnt understand – just 1 trap does that, another one is waiting after you cleanse

oh youre thief main, why am i not surprised you defend this kitten

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

youre the one who doesnt understand – just 1 trap does that, another one is waiting after you cleanse

Again Needle Trap won’t do 13 k before you can cleanse it or react in any other way, but again you sound like you have no concept of how condis work in this game.

in WvW

Neftex.7594

Again Needle Trap won’t do 13 k before you can cleanse it or react in any other way, but again you sound like you have no concept of how condis work in this game.

are you kittened ? do you need someone to explain your class to you? cleanse the first 13k+ trap, ok, but youll get another 13k+ trap from trait/utility whatever the thief has available after the first one

in WvW

Aury.1367

Actually only those 2 skills can kill you. You cleanse mostly the cripple away and some other useless stuff, prolly left with confusion, poison and bleeding.

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

are you kittened ? do you need someone to explain your class to you? cleanse the first 13k+ trap, ok, but youll get another 13k+ trap from trait/utility whatever the thief has available after the first one

Again you would have to not be doing anything to take 13k+ from one Needle trap, let’s use a Mesmer as the example, get hit with needle trap f4 blink and heal/cleanse, but hey what do I know, and again I play a core DP Maurauders/Zerker build with DA/SA/Tri and never have issues with the ghost trapper thief. This theoretical 13k+ damage would kill me in one go but have yet to be insta downed.

To reach 13k+ would take you sitting there doing absolutely nothing for 2-3 seconds letting it tick on you

(edited by BlaqueFyre.5678)

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Just ran into one of these in EB, was a WaCo thief from gunners hold running around with about 3-4 other thieves, DH, guard and a few others ganking everyone from stealth then stealth up and run away till the next immob condition bomb with thieves ganking.

I dunno what is worse though, the build or the gank groups of players you run into that will always run from a fair fight, yes, meaning you Drgr.

in WvW

Neftex.7594

Again you would have to not be doing anything to take 13k+ from one Needle trap, let’s use a Mesmer as the example, get hit with needle trap f4 blink and heal/cleanse, but hey what do I know, and again I play a core DP Maurauders/Zerker build with DA/SA/Tri and never have issues with the ghost trapper thief. This theoretical 13k+ damage would kill me in one go but have yet to be insta downed.

To reach 13k+ would take you sitting there doing absolutely nothing for 2-3 seconds letting it tick on you

you still dont get it do you?
on most classes if you dont cleanse the first trap youre gonna die, so you have to cleanse it
now youre out of cleanses and thief uses second trap – you cant cleanse it you have cooldowns, it ticks and ticks all the while you didnt even touch the invisible thief the whole fight
get it now?

seriously if you have EU account ill be glad to come fight you, all youll be doing is running or dying, sometimes both

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

you still dont get it do you?
on most classes if you dont cleanse the first trap youre gonna die, so you have to cleanse it
now youre out of cleanses and thief uses second trap – you cant cleanse it you have cooldowns, it ticks and ticks all the while you didnt even touch the invisible thief the whole fight
get it now?

seriously if you have EU account ill be glad to come fight you, all youll be doing is running or dying, sometimes both

Seriously every class has multiple forms of condie cleanse some more than others, you should have more than one condie cleanse either through traits or skills, I play a core thief build which has the least amount of condie cleanses in game and can survive and in some cases kill or most cases disengage or run the ghost thief off, and if your case is condies as a whole do too much damage we agree there are classes that can condie burst people faster than a thief can with more condies than can be cleansed and deal more damage overall, and no I do not have a EU acct since my ping would be kittenedly high and not be worth any form of pvp.

in WvW

Neftex.7594

yea, another vague “cleanse” post and claim of beating trapper thieves, now on a regular power dp thief? lol im not buying

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

yea, another vague “cleanse” post and claim of beating trapper thieves, now on a regular power dp thief? lol im not buying

It’s harder now with the ICD on BS but still doable I just can’t fish for BS in stealth when i force reveals.

in WvW

babazhook.6805

Well you are not playing a thief then.

Seriously these things can do little against a thief traited properly for cleanse. That you are not buying it is immaterial

It very hard to immobilize a thief so those caltrops will do nothing. Needle trap does not have a cripple nor does the steal for confusion so where are all those cover conditions coming from?

A single withdraw will remove crippled immobilized and chilled in addition to torment. If you trait trickster another condition comes off . If you trait UC immobilize chilled and cripple come off up front.

Please tell me where the cover conditions come from to prevent that next thief cleanse? Keeping cover conditions an a thief is difficult meaning when they do their regular cleanse as in shadowstep it likely to take off damage conditions

Added to that the thief has lots of mobility and ports, things which your ghost thief sacrifices for his build. Chasing down a thief to get one of those needle traps on him is not that easy.

I have never died to one of these on my thief and can not imagine how a thief can die to one unless they afk.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Actually only those 2 skills can kill you. You cleanse mostly the cripple away and some other useless stuff, prolly left with confusion, poison and bleeding.

Yeah this. Lots of classes are stuck using multiple skills to peel 1 or 2 condis at a time. You can’t really wait either as it will just get buried with covering condis…happens a lot anyway.

in WvW

Neftex.7594

Well you are not playing a thief than.

Seriously these things can do little against a thief traited properly for cleanse. That you are not buying it is immaterial

It very hard to immobilize a thief so those caltrops will do nothing. Needle trap does not have a cripple nor does the steal for confusion so where are all those cover conditions coming from?

A single withdraw will remove crippled immobilized and chilled in addition to torment. If you trait trickster another condition comes off . If you trait UC immobilize chilled and cripple come off up front.

Please tell me where the cover conditions come from to prevent that next thief cleanse? Keeping cover conditions an a thief is difficult meaning when they do their regular cleanse as in shadowstep it likely to take off damage conditions

Added to that the thief has lots of mobility and ports, things which your shots thief sacrifices for his build. Chasing down a thief to get one of those needle traps on him is not that easy.

I have never died to one of these on my thief and can not imagine how a thief can die to one unless they afk.

if you read carefully i said i dont believe he can beat the trapper thief, and sure maybe you havent died to trapper thief but what were you able to do against it? run? nice…

thief isnt the only class in the game and majority of classes wont be viable traited and slotted with that much condi cleanse, just to survive trapper thief

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

He doesn’t understand how to fight it, so he will state that what I do on my thief is a lie, the reason I play a core thief build is because of the condie meta running Trickster, Shadow Rejuvenation, and Hidden Thief with Withdraw, Shadowstep, Blonding powder and Signet of Agility to provide Condi cleanses, while being able to sit in stealth and interrupt the Trapper thief Stealth stacking with little recourse of any damage from sitting in the HS, and then fish for the BS and Basi venom burst.

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

Added to that the thief has lots of mobility and ports, things which your shots thief sacrifices for his build. Chasing down a thief to get one of those needle traps on him is not that easy.

if you read carefully i said i dont believe he can beat the trapper thief, and sure maybe you havent died to trapper thief but what were you able to do against it? run? nice…

thief isnt the only class in the game and majority of classes wont be viable traited and slotted with that much condi cleanse, just to survive trapper thief

It’s not just to beat Trapper thief it’s to beat any of the cheese Condi builds out there, Condie Mesmer, Reaper, Warrior, the occasional Burn Guard. And again other classes have more powerful condie cleanses than the core thief does, it comes down to player skill on taking the proper skills/traits for the job.

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

A good fix for this is that all traps deal a minimum direct damage.
That way – the source of damage (i.e. Thief/Mes/DH,Ranger) will get revealed.

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

Mesmers don’t have traps… And Anet removed the minimum damage that thief traps don’t reveal the thief specifically mentioned in June 26th patch notes……

in WvW

babazhook.6805

I kill the trapper thieves or THEY run.

One build that kills them dead and forces them to run is a DrD DB condition build using dagger dagger. You do not have to see the target to do a dblossom. If said ghost thief uses a steal to me or is dodging with uncatchable or or is using his black powder to stack his stealth, I know exactly where he is. Impaling lotus will tag him. The bleeds off DB will tag him. I load up my venoms and am putting way more conditions on him then he is putting on me and it all he can do to keep stacking his stealth to try and have the SE cleanse him.

If they stick around trying to swap conditions they lose. So generally they run off or I find them downed after their stealth runs out.

Staff on a thief is also very good against them It has a great cleave arc and an Immob break. The vault is AOE and will hit hard. Again if they try and stay close to you and get those conditions on you the thief can keep them off.

What of these other classes? I Stack up traps on my DH and there one dead thief. My Condition ranger has fire fields plus traps that can be stacked. Ghost theif will not get close to me. My warrior has close to one hundred percent uptime on his resistance if he wishes. He can’t be scratched by those conditions and does not even need a cleanse and if said thief wants to stick around and eat cleave or AOE he welcome to it.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

i think it would be ok if applying conditions to an enemy reveals you

but if you then want to stealth again and the enemy has just 1 stack of bleeding that does 1 more tick while you are in stealthed and you would get revealed from that?
that would be nonsense

This would break the skill caltrops and uncatchable. Thief drops caltrops . Thief then Stealths . Enemy runs into caltrops field to reveal thief. If I am fighting a stealth thief and see those little red circles from uncatchable, I am running into them. I will take the bleed in return for a reveal.

In essence you eliminate traps caltrops and uncatchable from stealth thief builds as they become akin to the old last refuge and get thieves killed.

If I was a thief wanting to use stealth I would never select those skills .

Except that you are actively choosing to engage by placing down caltrops/traps. Uncatchable(trait) needs a rework period.

You should be forced to chose the relative safety of stealth, or the attack of opportunity provide from leaving stealth, not both at the same time as that leaves 0 room for counter-play outside of nuke at my feet and cleanse.

As hinted at earlier the problem is how stealth is implemented in the game. It’s silly and far too long lasting in most cases.

Same can be said about all the invulns being thrown around while still being able to damage players.

Nobody can be perma invulnrerable like a thief or mesmer can be perma stealthed. You comparission is silly.

And perma stealth acquired by the thief has nothing to do with caltrops or or uncatchable. The solution is a poor one and ill thought out for a class so relaint on stealth to survive.

Ah, so a thief in perma stealth killing me with traps and condi through steal who doesnt reveal ONE TIME isnt a problem? The stomp in stealth, I havent even seen the thief ONE TIME. Has it nothing to do with it? Seriously?

I said stomp in stealth, not portal. Also this is the thing which is most unimportant since YOU ARE DOWN ALREADY. I just mentioned it since i dont even know which server that person is from since i NEVER see them. its perma stealth. I only see it in combat log.

I don’t get it.. Are you angry they stomp in stealth or are you angry you have no chance to interrupt the stomp?

Ele has mist form stomps (been since cantrip nerf since that was used a lot tho)
Engie has Elixer S, Elixer S on toolbelt I think, sneak gyro
Mes has stealth and Invuln from F4, the port stomp trick and staff 2 > blink.
Rev has passive stab spam
Guardian has focus 5 skill and f3
Thief has steal, shadowstep and initiative signet. (prob more)
Necro has spectral walk and flesh wurm (worm tucked away, spectral walk > flesh wurm port > spectral walk port back)
Ranger has stealth stomps too

I guess warrior just has to rely on stability and stances.

That’s a list of stomps that I know of that give you no chance unless you were an Ele or thief… Even then though a thief can still get stomped by well aimed blinks, steals and judges intervention and so can an Ele if the stomp and mist form animation was synced.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Neftex.7594

One build that kills them dead and forces them to run is a DrD DB condition build using dagger dagger. You do not have to see the target to do a dblossom. If said ghost thief uses a steal to me or is dodging with uncatchable or or is using his black powder to stack his stealth, I know exactly where he is. Impaling lotus will tag him. The bleeds off DB will tag him. I load up my venoms and am putting way more conditions on him then he is putting on me and it all he can do to keep stacking his stealth to try and have the SE cleanse him.

If they stick around trying to swap conditions they lose. So generally they run off or I find them downed after their stealth runs out.

Staff on a thief is also very good against them It has a great cleave arc and an Immob break. The vault is AOE and will hit hard. Again if they try and stay close to you and get those conditions on you the thief can keep them off.

What of these other classes? I Stack up traps on my DH and there one dead thief. My Condition ranger has fire fields plus traps that can be stacked. Ghost theif will not get close to me. My warrior has close to one hundred percent uptime on his resistance if he wishes. He can’t be scratched by those conditions and does not even need a cleanse and if said thief wants to stick around and eat cleave or AOE he welcome to it.

ah so youre saying that when you get confusion from his steal, youre gonna start spamming death blossom and venoms, i see…

dh traps, well dodge through and port out? easy enough for me

warrior resistance, i wonder what happens when it gets stolen, because i do just that

so yea, you mentioned 3 classes, one of those is thief again (build i never met i think), the others i beat anyway and they cant do kitten to me – again

everyone defending this kitten has one thing in common – they are all NA players

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Like i stated before in other topics; No class should be able to damage while remaining stealthed. Effective or not – it shouldnt be a thing at all.

People who defend this must like to play cheese builds.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

That’s exactly what they did with Shortbow and for similar reasons.

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Like i stated before in other topics; No class should be able to damage while remaining stealthed. Effective or not – it shouldnt be a thing at all.

Or know how stealth actually works. If YOU step into a field that just adds a condition, it’s not going to reveal them, because YOU stepped into a red field you should have known never to step in. The trap thing, no thief worth their salt even runs traps, they’re useless when you could have moves that either increase your survivability or help you kill faster. Traps do neither.

Which effectively killed group support on thief in WvW. SB was the group support weapon. If we can’t stay safe and keep the poison on, then we’re no use to the zerg.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Neftex.7594

Or know how stealth actually works. If YOU step into a field that just adds a condition, it’s not going to reveal them, because YOU stepped into a red field you should have known never to step in. The trap thing, no thief worth their salt even runs traps, they’re useless when you could have moves that either increase your survivability or help you kill faster. Traps do neither.

ah, clueless guy with his 2 cents
another one from NA and also a thief, coincidence? dont think so

have you played trapper thief? have you faced good trapper thief? did you know the traps are invisible and the thief is also invisible the whole fight?
no, dont answer. i know you didnt know those things, now go back to lore section of the forum

in WvW

Offair.2563

Which effectively killed group support on thief in WvW. SB was the group support weapon. If we can’t stay safe and keep the poison on, then we’re no use to the zerg.

I know how it all works and i know it isnt the best build. But like i said no class/build should be able to do damage and REMAIN stealthed. Do people read this or just blindly defend this kittenty build……

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

babazhook.6805

ah so youre saying that when you get confusion from his steal, youre gonna start spamming death blossom and venoms, i see…

warrior resistance, i wonder what happens when it gets stolen, because i do just that

so yea, you mentioned 3 classes, one of those is thief again (build i never met i think), the others i beat anyway and they cant do kitten to me – again

everyone defending this kitten has one thing in common – they are all NA players

You really do not know what you are talking about.

One . My DB thief is traited for PR, GI and withdraw and trickster. Your Confusion every 25 seconds will be cleaned faster then you can apply them. I can keep confusion off me fighting a mesmer in the open with the build. You apply LESS conditions with less frequency then most any Condition based build and want to pretend that the same people that fight THOSE builds can not remove conditions you apply?

GI removes confusion when I attack and has a 1 second cooldown. That is less then your steal. PR also removes it every 16 seconds .

2 your claiming you will steal resistance is another crock. Bountiful theft does not prioritize resistance. My warrior has stability up near full time along with fury and swiftness and might. How do you get to the resistance? Ahead of resistance he can also have protection, regen, retal, and quickness. Good luck getting to resistance. What kind of warriors do you play against that only have resistance running?

As to the rest of your comment it called “moving the goalposts”. You claimed first that no class can do anything about a ghost thief and I gave 4 examples. You now pretend you were talking about the others. I do not play the others as much yet have never died to a Ghost thief on one of those.

Apparently your players on the EU that you continue to pretend is meaningful are not able to do this. Anyone can kill a non skilled player with any build.

in WvW

Neftex.7594

One . My DB thief is traited for PR, GI and withdraw and trickster. Your Confusion every 25 seconds will be cleaned faster then you can apply them. I can keep confusion off me fighting a mesmer in the open with the build. You apply LESS conditions with less frequency then most any Condition based build and want to pretend that the same people that fight THOSE builds can not remove conditions you apply?

GI removes confusion when I attack and has a 1 second cooldown. That is less then your steal. PR also removes it every 16 seconds .

2 your claiming you will steal resistance is another crock. Bountiful theft does not prioritize resistance. My warrior has stability up near full time along with fury and swiftness and might. How do you get to the resistance? Ahead of resistance he can also have protection, regen, retal, and quickness. Good luck getting to resistance. What kind of warriors do you play against that only have resistance running?

As to the rest of your comment it called “moving the goalposts”. You claimed first that no class can do anything about a ghost thief and I gave 4 examples. You now pretend you were talking about the others. I do not play the others as much yet have never died to a Ghost thief on one of those. I will leave it to persons more familiar with those classes that know how to play.

Apparently your players on the EU that you continue to pretend is meaningful are not able to do this.

i didnt read it all but you just made a fool of yourself

PR kicks in when youre “struck”, you also need certain health threshold and cooldown for it to be triggered – so nonfactor?

GI – you need to hit, you need hp above threshold and 1s interval; steal alone applies 2 condis that share these rules, you also trade the chance of hitting me for skill activated confusion dmg

you still have poison on you, you used some skills so you took dmg from confusion, so i guess you use withdraw to heal and get rid of poison via trait?

nice, i only used steal and forced you to do all this kitten, didnt even trap

(edited by Neftex.7594)

in WvW

babazhook.6805

As to the rest of your comment it called “moving the goalposts”. You claimed first that no class can do anything about a ghost thief and I gave 4 examples. You now pretend you were talking about the others. I do not play the others as much yet have never died to a Ghost thief on one of those. I will leave it to persons more familiar with those classes that know how to play.

Apparently your players on the EU that you continue to pretend is meaningful are not able to do this.

i didnt read it all but you just made a fool of yourself

No the fool is the player that thinks this build can kill anyone who half ways knows what they are doing. Oh and I did make an eror it not PR that my other condition removla for confusion It comes off with withdraw. (tirckster traited). Again when you steal you have NO COVER conditions on me. I can either start the DB chain as soon as your confusion lands, or withdraw and it gone. If you do manage to get a bleed on me, or use Blathazar runes/Torment runes PR kicks in.

As to that warrior. Not only is that resistance buried under other boons, it on a 16 second cooldown with 12 second duration. It also coupled with zerkers stance. This before he even uses a cleanse. I fight against these guys on my own condition thief and you just cant steal resistance at will.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Bois, why don’t you go to a godkitten guild hall and show us your skills as ghost thief or ghost thief killer… No matter how much words you toss at each other, one side will never admit defeat.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

ah, clueless guy with his 2 cents
another one from NA and also a thief, coincidence? dont think so

have you played trapper thief? have you faced good trapper thief? did you know the traps are invisible and the thief is also invisible the whole fight?
no, dont answer. i know you didnt know those things, now go back to lore section of the forum

Fought one trap thief on my thief, and laughed at him. Got hit with multiple conditions, I Shadowstep’d and used Blinding Powder. I saw Shadow Refuge, I threw down a poison field on his spot, throwing me out of stealth. I put down Caltrops on my spot and waited a few seconds, just to get a few more conditions on me. I used Steal and entered stealth, then switched to my D/P set and it ended up turning into an unseeable fight. I threw down Caltrops once they were off cooldown again and I’m not sure if he ran into them or not.

I exited stealth once, I got traps hitting me and then were subsequently negated by the removing conditions in stealth trait when I re-entered it. My build is mostly for scouting, so it’s specced for survival. His conditions didn’t do that much damage due to that probably. I’ve seen far worse from power thieves.

I know how it all works and i know it isnt the best build. But like i said no class/build should be able to do damage and REMAIN stealthed. Do people read this or just blindly defend this kittenty build……

But again, traps suck…the only thieves using them know they can troll and kill bad players.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Offair.2563

You are still completely missing my point RyuDragnier. Ahwell comprehensive reading doesn;t exist on forums…

in WvW

Posted by: A Volcano.2510

A Volcano.2510

Mesmers do it, thieves do it, even Ranger pets do it…

I can’t be the only one who read this and thought:

Birds do it, bees do it
Even educated fleas do it

Not the original, but most hilarious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pvMCu_YeYU

(edited by A Volcano.2510)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

There is no Functional difference between having 4 seconds of invulnerability up as you step on my trap over being in stealth for 4 seconds as you step on my trap.

If a player could only go stealth about 10s out every minute in a fight, pretty much nobody would be complaining. If a player was limited to 10s out of very minute stealthed and doing damage, few would complain.

Absolutely nobody on here has justified why someone should be able to damage and remain hidden most of a fight. It is beyond stupid for a competitive mechanic.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

babazhook.6805

There is no Functional difference between having 4 seconds of invulnerability up as you step on my trap over being in stealth for 4 seconds as you step on my trap.

If a player could only go stealth about 10s out every minute in a fight, pretty much nobody would be complaining. If a player was limited to 10s out of very minute stealthed and doing damage, few would complain.

Absolutely nobody on here has justified why someone should be able to damage and remain hidden most of a fight. It is beyond stupid for a competitive mechanic.

And I have stated that stealth be lowered across the board across all classes and that the D/P stealth stack mechanism be addressed. I concur there too much stealth. I do not agree with your solution.

Outisde thief the stealth mechanics main advantage to other classes should be that short loss of target. That enough reason for them to take it.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

And I have stated that stealth be lowered across the board across all classes and that the D/P stealth stack mechanism be addressed. I concur there too much stealth. I do not agree with your solution.

Outisde thief the stealth mechanics main advantage to other classes should be that short loss of target. That enough reason for them to take it.

The D/P situation while annoying isn’t really problematic. They could just as easily run as they could burn most of their init to go stealth for a few seconds. This could be easily resolved by limiting stealth stacking.

Any time a player applies substantial damage while stealthed, that player should proc a reveal. It has worked this way across countless games and clearly ANets implementation of stealth is probably the most egregious of any AAA MMO.

I don’t even understand why this is a real discussion… it is an almost comical game mechanic to kill another player without being consistently seen. Even worse only one class has an effective counter.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”