Crystal Desert WvW players could use more!

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

We’ve been travelling a lot through from tier 4 all the way to tier 2, Looks like we are caught in a spider web at the moment at the top of Tier 3, because we can’t cover 24 hours with full power. We could use more oceanic and Asian players, because we are not even +300 on potentials at that time, but other times we are +500. If we had some more guilds come with players at Asia or around times we lack of people, we could push ahead into tier 2 and finally get away from servers we are farly stronger than.
We don’t often have queue’s, maybe in EB in NA prime time, but not anywhere else unless all our large guilds are hitting a borderland.
If you are wondering about a guild to join, apply for one of our top guilds in all timezones: TG, KH, RISE, GoF, NAGA, PA, AWE, Orb.
Feel free to join us, there is always room!

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Henrik.7560)

in WvW

Posted by: Ren.6351

Ren.6351

Though I think what you said is true (the part where we need more Oceanic players), I just find it a bit funny that you want to recruit more Oceanic/Asians then the labelled guilds are all NA side!!

Blackgate – Guardian – Leaxanna
Leader of Presence [Awe] – Awevival? :D

in WvW

Ren.6351

Our Oceanic side isn’t as strong as people think it is!!

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

CD is one of the unofficial SEA servers…your oceanic presence is easily top 5. Good luck though.

in WvW

Ren.6351

Ah well.. I hope everyone’s server is still alive after the transfers. Locking down the players will totally screw over some servers (in either huge queues or just not enough players)

in WvW

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

A better list for oceanic guilds in CD should be [Kome] and [EDMW] if you like large groups. [Awe] [NAGA] [SEC] if you like tighter groups.

All of them are openly recruiting. I’m pretty sure all of them are from SEA, so it’s easy to talk to people if you’re from the same area. The time slots that we are most empty in is late night SEA or NA mornings, but there’s no queue other than NA prime.

Overall we are a diverse group, as the unofficial server for quite a few things. If you have any questions or want in-game contacts, feel free to comment below or PM me.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

(edited by Heinel.6548)

in WvW

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

So… CD has enough people in the oceanic timeperiod to do this:

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/38383/gw110.jpg

But they need more oceanic players?

Hmmm…

Edit: Well I suppose you didnt take the IoJ borderland entirely, so sure. Why not. More players needed.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

You can’t be serious. As someone who has played WvW on FA, this is the last server that needs people.

Actually we are the seventh to last server that needs people.

in WvW

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

CD needs MOAR zerglings!

Fort Aspenwood needs to construct additional pylons.

kekekeke 0w0

in WvW

Heinel.6548

Just planning ahead. There are threats from both higher and lower tiers emerging. The end of the free transfer period represents a final shuffle before things are (relatively) settled down. I’m sure there are many people who for one reason or another is unsatisfied with their current server, or the state of WvW in general.

These are all problems that can be fixed. In CD we have people who play for fun. We have people who play to win. We have GvG types. We have solo elites. No matter your playstyle there’s a place for you in CD. Make WvW work for you, consider switching now.

This is starting to read like an infomercial ~_~
I know every server is trying to take advantage of this last opportunity, but a server is just a server, a name in a list. I suggest you speak with our leaders and find one that works for you. PM me for a list of names you can contact in game.

I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

(edited by Heinel.6548)

in WvW

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

SoS is recruiting as well. So why can’t Crystal Desert?

SoS is also getting flack for it :P

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in WvW

Posted by: killerlitter.4528

killerlitter.4528

I’m just surprised [EsF] isn’t mentioned here but meh =p

Someelf [EsF] – Crystal Desert
Einsof Gaming

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

CD needs MOAR zerglings!

Fort Aspenwood needs to construct additional pylons.

kekekeke 0w0

IoJ is running out of minerals to build supply depots :x

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Desterion.6407

Desterion.6407

Can’t cover 24 hours with full power my kitten You guys outzerg both IoJ and FA at all times of the day. I guess no skilled players who can’t win without outnumbering their enemy at least 2:1 should join CD because they’d certainly enjoy it there. I’ve not seen CD actually win an even numbered fight over the weeks we’ve been fighting them.

in WvW

Henrik.7560

We don’t outnumber you all times, you guys just gave up this week. Our oceanic pressence is not stronger than IoJ’s or FA’s, and we don’t number you then. Yes we do own like +400 at NA but we are like +200 at oceanic time, and never seen a queue there.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

Can’t cover 24 hours with full power my kitten You guys outzerg both IoJ and FA at all times of the day. I guess no skilled players who can’t win without outnumbering their enemy at least 2:1 should join CD because they’d certainly enjoy it there. I’ve not seen CD actually win an even numbered fight over the weeks we’ve been fighting them.

We have a Maguuman wannabe right there folks.

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

No, he’s quite right, I’m not in FA or IoJ but if any server ever gets PPT 460+ is because they outnumber the enemy by 2:1
Skills doesn’t become a factor when you are outnumbered by that much.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/38383/gw110.jpg

Hmmm…

Edit: Well I suppose you didnt take the IoJ borderland entirely, so sure. Why not. More players needed.

Woah. Stop right there. At this point in time IOJ and FA has given up. Do not blame CD for our competitive nature. That pic just shows how the other 2 servers laid down there weapons and went and played fractals.

Edit: And this recruitment is for our advancement up. We plan to make as much headway into tier 2 as possible. We know TC used to roll us and is losing in tier 2 so when we make that move we would like to be ready. When GoF moved to CD we made that decision mostly on the community. The commanders and players all work together and are always sharing information. Knowing when things get bad, we can always give a shout and the rest of CD will be there. Love you all. Lastly, can’t wait to see WE on DB here soon. Great guild, Great commanders. Will be a blast to finally go against ya’ll but will miss being right next to ya’ll.

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

(edited by Volcanus.2756)

in WvW

Posted by: Ohai.8346

Ohai.8346

good luck Crystal Desert, i have a feeling we will see you guys in t1 soon if you manage to get another big NA guild in

[FoE] Fist of the Empire
www.FistoftheEmpire.org
10x Tier 1 Champions

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

along with the invitation to all players from other servers to join CD, i would also like to make a call-to-arm to all citizens of Crystal Desert.

if you haven’t been or not actively doing WvW, i think it is time to do so. we have improved in terms of coverage in the last couple of months, but receiving reinforcement from outside alone will not be enough.

if you haven’t been doing it at all, try to spend a couple of hours a day, and see how fun it is. if you’re not sure what to do, follow our commanders, and they’ll teach you how to crush our enemy.

let us rise together and fight side by side against any server thrown at us by the glicko rating system.

for Crystal Desert !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

Hmmm…

Woah. Stop right there. At this point in time IOJ and FA has given up. Do not blame CD for our competitive nature. That pic just shows how the other 2 servers laid down there weapons and went and played fractals.

Edit: And this recruitment is for our advancement up. We plan to make as much headway into tier 2 as possible. We know TC used to roll us and is losing in tier 2 so when we make that move we would like to be ready. When GoF moved to CD we made that decision mostly on the community. The commanders and players all work together and are always sharing information. Knowing when things get bad, we can always give a shout and the rest of CD will be there. Love you all. Lastly, can’t wait to see WE on DB here soon. Great guild, Great commanders. Will be a blast to finally go against ya’ll but will miss being right next to ya’ll.

Patently false – FA has not given up. That’s OK though. You just keep recruiting and keeping an eye out for DB. FA is looking towards reset tomorrow afternoon.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Diehard.1432

No, he’s quite right, I’m not in FA or IoJ but if any server ever gets PPT 460+ is because they outnumber the enemy by 2:1

We only managed to get PPT 400+ since last night, as IoJ and FA has given up. We didnt get any new transfer 2 days ago and we never managed to conquer the whole FA and EB BL during asian primetime before.

PS: I am talking about GMT+8

[VaL]

in WvW

Heinel.6548

Isn’t it interesting though? I think most people didn’t realize what it’s actually like playing on CD.

Up until recently (the last couple of weeks), CD’s “oceanic presence” is largely a one-man show. We have one player taking on the job meant for a whole army, claiming objectives after objectives, be it an enemy trebuchet or stone mist castle, the only help he gets is a few people who run supplies for his siege weapons, and maybe do some fighting on the side when they get opposition. And yet, in the eyes of our enemies, it was a “never ending zerg of players,” “overwhelming odds,” and whatever else.

Overwhelming odds it indeed was. When we had MVPs who essentially fields the equivalent of a zerg with 1/10 the numbers, and the enemies are relying on word-of-mouth descriptions and the often misleading minimap indicators. The reputation spreads, and over time, we see our enemies cripple themselves on smoke and mirrors, some to the point of no return.

Though I must say, some of this is just luck. IoJ was in decline even before the fight had begun. They were more self-congratulatory than normal when they arrived, that was a clear warning sign. Crushing what’s left of their will was not difficult. In fact I didn’t believe anyone bothered to do that, they just imploded by themselves.

So where does CD stand? We don’t know. We know we’re behind TC, I guess? But we have since improved, and we don’t know if that still holds true. Through the new years CD has seen a lot of change. Some old faces have decided not to stay with us, some new faces have since then taken charge and drove the server forward, but we don’t know what direction we’re heading. So this is where everyone else can come in. Help us shape CD into a highly competitive server that’s rich in talents.

- CCP Abraxis

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

I transferred from FA to CD and it’s been a blast. I got my map completion done and as soon as the seven days are up I’ll transfer back to FA.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in WvW

Diehard.1432

good luck Crystal Desert, i have a feeling we will see you guys in t1 soon if you manage to get another big NA guild in

We are still far away from T1, mate XD.

[VaL]

in WvW

Waffler.1257

I love how I’ve never seen a recruitment thread for CD before, and now that there finally is one it’s full of people giving us flak. I’ve seen multiple recruitment threads for almost every other server out there over the past few months, including FA when they were ranked higher than us, as well as many others from tier 1/2. Don’t remember seeing any CD players trolling your threads, just sayin.

in WvW

Diehard.1432

^Cant say it better.

[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

I was there when we flipped FA’s map to all green, and then proceeded to flip IoJ’s keep. I was surprised by (really) low turnouts from both servers, unlike past 3 weeks at same timing where we had long bitter fights at bridges & choke points.

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Diehard.1432

CD is one of the unofficial SEA servers…your oceanic presence is easily top 5. Good luck though.

SEA is not oceanic. SEA still share the same timezone as East Asia (GMT+8), whereas the Oceanic is about GMT+12, and during that time most of us are asleep.

[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: Infiera.9271

Infiera.9271

Seems like now CD needs more NA players than Oceanic.

in WvW

Henrik.7560

I love how I’ve never seen a recruitment thread for CD before, and now that there finally is one it’s full of people giving us flak. I’ve seen multiple recruitment threads for almost every other server out there over the past few months, including FA when they were ranked higher than us, as well as many others from tier 1/2. Don’t remember seeing any CD players trolling your threads, just sayin.

Yep. very true.

FA/IoJ flamers, we don’t flame you, so don’t flame us just because we are “winning”.
It is quite clear earlier today CD had a disaster, but that was because everyone is taking a break. Yes, I’m online in oceanic time and not that many people are on, so we could use more at that time. There’s plenty of all different timezone guilds for you to join, we would like to hit as hard in oceanic as we do in NA.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Awesome server. Very casual friendly!

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Henrik.7560

Yeah, we are a lot more organised too than most other servers i’ve noticed.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

You guys should come back to CD. It would be nice seeing Fang again.

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

CD has the JP mesmers. Tru fax.

Why run and jump for 6 minutes when you can do it only for 2?

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyrlis.8072

Tyrlis.8072

My guild transferred to CD two months ago and have been happy ever since. Come join us!

Tyrlis – South of Heaven [SoH] WvW Commander – CD
Proud Member of the First Crystalian Council

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Hasn’t CD posted two recruitment threads within the last week? Cripes!

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Humpink.2306

Humpink.2306

As someone who has actually laid the foundation for a forum community I can tell you that you should really decide which online presence is your community, because it sure looks like there’s http://crystal-desert.com as well.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

dont see how united this is when there are two community forums

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Necro.6432

Necro.6432

CD is the place to go , its where you just running to save your tower/keep , and find 20+ thieves jumping on you , its the right home for the Thieves , calling you out thieves , thats right!

Daeronz | TDS Leader | WvW Commander

in WvW

Waffler.1257

CD’s community is extremely strong! Come to CD if you:

- Are able to man a siege cannon for 3-5 hours in an empty zone
- Are a 1200 spammer ranger
- Are a tunnel vision D/D ele that closes his eyes, hits his rotation keys, and prays for the best
- Totally utilize the mesmer class by only using Spatial Surge and iZerker
- Love CnD and stealing into a mesmer shatter bomb
- Name your zerg guild after an omnipotent being and totally melt while fielding vs. a 5-men

Well, as least it took them a little bit longer to post on this thread than it did in the first one.

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

As an Ex-CD player I was sad to leave it, only doing so because my guild decided to.

I can say without a doubt that any guilds wanting to prove there metal will have no greater support than what I know to be on CD.

CD has a great community that puts in 100% each week.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: Docherty.8372

Docherty.8372

We should change our marketing strategy – “CD – generating astonishing amounts of bum-soreness amongst it’s enemies”.

That’s what’s up – save your cheap-shots for the battlefield, kittens.

in WvW

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Communal experience? Like at a nudist beach? Or at a baptist tent revival? OH I know, its like mandatory community service, right? Why can’t I think of ‘communal experience’ in a positive way? Oh well, I promise there won’t be any nudists doing mandatory community service at a baptist tent revival on this server! The title is misleading!

in WvW

Waffler.1257

We should change our marketing strategy – “CD – generating astonishing amounts of bum-soreness amongst it’s enemies”.

That’s what’s up – save your cheap-shots for the battlefield, kittens.

Haha, yeah it’s pretty amazing that every single thread that mentions CD is trashed by other servers. Also, we didn’t get one single vote in that most admired server thread a few weeks back, although there was a few people saying any server except CD. Maybe a lot of people were owned by their doppleganger in GW1 so CD brings up bad memories.

in WvW

Posted by: ArtPulse.8630

ArtPulse.8630

I am thankful every day that I chose Crystal Desert to transfer to. I’ve found home and the WvW community I was looking for.

Esthetics – Tarnished Coast
[Cult] Counterculture

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowfist.2708

Shadowfist.2708

Crystal Desert really does have one of the absolute best communities. It makes the entire gaming experience better, including wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Zander.4763

Zander.4763

I’m really glad I joined this server. In the 2 months I’ve been, it’s well organized, democratic and they execute well. Well done commanders. We need more WvW’ers!

in WvW

Posted by: Vasaiya.2318

Vasaiya.2318

I transferred to CD from Fort Aspenwood a little more than a month ago, and it’s absolutely spectacular the kind of community this server has in comparison to FA. This is a far more stable server for WvW than any other I’ve been on and I have not regretted transferring one bit.

Imperium of LaZy Nation [LaZy] – Blackgate
All classes and races level 80 – Except Charr/Engineer. Can’t play them for crap.

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Blasphemy Vasaiya!

How could that be? The forums say it’s completely the opposite.

In any case, sig updated, Darth Vader status activated.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.