Crystal Desert vs Darkhaven vs Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

Gawwww i hate pulling a double on reset days…. !!! >:O makes me so angreh.

Anyways. Good luck and have fun to all!

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in WvW

Posted by: MrPicklez.6473

MrPicklez.6473

PPT/orb update?

in WvW

Posted by: Ayaka.9578

Ayaka.9578

score update?
/15 char

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

CD: 3252
DH:3039
YB:2815

Its been a good fight so far.
And bunzy – Quit being bitter… YB should not have been in that tier…

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Topology.8931

Topology.8931

Here’s an update, assuming I can figure out how to post a picture here.

Attachments:

Yak’s Bend – Toposword 80 Warrior [TPR]

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

I gotta call it a night, this was a very entertaining friday though.

It was an extremely tough night but Yaks finally pulled in the lead about 1/2-3/4 through US friday night prime time. Only just barely though, and it looks like things can change any minute.

cheers all
lots of good pvp was had this day!

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

New scores:

YB – 9837 (280)
CD – 9834 (230)
DH – 9427 (185)

Close game.

in WvW

Posted by: Mara.5372

Mara.5372

I’m jealous.. You guys look like you’re having a great match up so far.

Leader Mara [EPIC]| Sanctum of Rall Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Anatax.3905

Anatax.3905

Oh boy this week is going to be hella fun. Rethisis guild from Darkhaven stole the orb on Yak’s server and placed it in the bay about 6 pm. Then Darkhaven pulled off the impossible defending Ascencion Bay from the North by the Yakk’s Bend and by the South Crystal Desert. It was so bad that Yakk’s got into our inner keep, killed our guild claimer, broke our Orb stand and then for about twenty more minutes we held the orb and fought off Yak’s from claiming our keep. Meanwhile Crystal Desert took our Fort, then our supply camp, then tore down our South Keep Door and waded in to kill us as well. Darkhaven fought them all off for about 40 minutes killing hundreds upon hundreds of encroaching enemies. The Orb changed hands 4 times before the battle was over. Finally we pushed them out the door, took our camp, and took back our fort. We tried to swim Golems into Garisson that didn’t work. We tried taking Dawns Fort and were repelled again. Yak’s leadership built three trebuchets, with two counter ballistae up by Garrison and proceeded to spend hours bombing Ascension Bay while they took the rest of the map because CD left the borderlands. Nine hours later we still held AB and the Yak’s orb. But now it’s bed time. Really excellent battles tonight, had fun all around. This is going to be an intense and fun week of PVP. And one of the Yak’s dropped an Abyss Dye!

CmdrThrennAirborne,Eraticks,Lsion,Anataxis
Guild member of Rethisis, proud server soldier of Darkhaven.

in WvW

Posted by: Nanorin.9285

Nanorin.9285

Hopefully we can get good fight over the week, not one sided.You can’t judge the match up for weekend cause most folks are home.

Comes Monday and everything can turn around. I’m from Yaks Bend and we haven’t had the good fight for 2 solid weeks, since SoR screwed us over (Free server transfers) and kicked us from our bracket. Yesterday was great and I sincerely hope it stays that way.

Anyways good luck to us all and lets have fun.

Latest Scores:

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Prime.8792

Prime.8792

“SoR screwed us over (Free server transfers) and kicked us from our bracket.”

LOL, love how Yaks gave up and conveniently use transfers as an excuse. Less QQ, more pew pew pls.

in WvW

Actium.8765

Ok people lets not get this thread deleted 3 times like our last thread with maguuma and NSP.. I want constructive critisism (sorry if misspelled). If you want to flame someone do so in private message please.

:D

in WvW

Posted by: Oheson.2319

Oheson.2319

This match is over for the week.

in WvW

Posted by: Croimos.8302

Croimos.8302

Match is over gg. Have fun with your Yaks/DH transfers.

in WvW

Actium.8765

The kitten it’s over. I will never give up. >:O

in WvW

Posted by: Slartibartfast.2170

Slartibartfast.2170

lol the week just started, how is it over already? Sure I just logged in an hour ago and Crystal Desert controlled most of the map with Darkhaven controlling maybe 20%, but I just woke up? There is a whole day ahead of us.

And let the bandwagoners jump, we don’t want them on Darkhaven.

Cheers to hopefully a good matchup this week. And if not, beers for the tears of those who will be crying.

[Abys] Spoonerism – 80 engineer – Darkhaven
I am not the youtube spoonerism, nor did I know about him prior to selecting this name.
Google spoonerism, it is a real word.

in WvW

Posted by: Nut.4713

Nut.4713

Great fights friday night. Looks like the PvDoor is strong with CD unfortunately.

Hopefully it won’t spoil the match up.

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Oheson.2319

Oheson.2319

We see this pattern week after week. The first night is a good fight and then the server with the most PvDoor players takes it over night. When we wake up the next day one server controls the entire map because of it.

The other servers can not take back anything because the PvDoor server will all go in mass that that one location.

Last week on Yak’s we won the PvDoor battle and I did not play. Now this week CD won the PvDoor battle so I will not play. I am starting to think that WvWvW simply will not work in this game. I will probably give it up entirely.

in WvW

Subtle.4596

lol@night crew from CD good job guys
Now we get to take it all back :P

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

I love how everyone just complains about PvDoor. Yak’s Bend and Darkhaven are notorious for night capping. It’s funny that PvDoor is coming out even from people notorious for night capping.

P.S. Intense fights at night time, it’s not PvD.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Nut.4713

Yak’s has never had much of a night crew, it’s a misconception that we do. When other servers complain about us night capping, it’s just US players staying up late on a Friday night. We’ve never had a strong presence in the morning hours.

Anyway, CD can have the map at night, at least we know we win in a fair fight.

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Anatax.3905

Anatax.3905

Have fun today guys, i’ll be back on primetime after i finish my work. I’m a relentless beast and will work for hours to bring Yak’s and CD down. See you on the Battlefields, Exelsior!

CmdrThrennAirborne,Eraticks,Lsion,Anataxis
Guild member of Rethisis, proud server soldier of Darkhaven.

in WvW

Posted by: Ambrosiaa.6054

Ambrosiaa.6054

Yak’s has never had much of a night crew, it’s a misconception that we do. When other servers complain about us night capping, it’s just US players staying up late on a Friday night. We’ve never had a strong presence in the morning hours.

Yak’s win in a ‘fair’ fight? You must be joking. There is no fair fight here. CD does not even belong in the same tier as Yak’s.

in WvW

Posted by: PoiSonPeZ.4286

PoiSonPeZ.4286

Looks like CD is heavy on night cappers. They own almost all of EB and they are starting to run away with the score.

What we all thought was going to be a close race is turning into a blow-out.

in WvW

Posted by: Ambrosiaa.6054

Ambrosiaa.6054

Looks like CD is heavy on night cappers. They own almost all of EB and they are starting to run away with the score.

What we all thought was going to be a close race is turning into a blow-out.

CD has always been a Tier 2/3 server, i don’t see how you can be surprised at this outcome. The only reason we got knocked down to tier 4 is because of the sudden risings of SoS, BG and SoR, while HoD and ET do not belong where they are currently at.

CD has a more spreadout population, such that even during NA prime time’s, the queues weren’t that long. But CD has asians to back that up.

in WvW

Posted by: Deathcarlyle.6075

Deathcarlyle.6075

Im still waiting on Yaks to take it back since its claimed we only have the map due to night.

in WvW

Nut.4713

Yak’s win in a ‘fair’ fight? You must be joking. There is no fair fight here. CD does not even belong in the same tier as Yak’s.

Not sure I understand you. We beat CD last night when numbers were even. We’re rapidly taking back the map now.

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Subtle.4596

Im still waiting on Yaks to take it back since its claimed we only have the map due to night.

Score was +15 when I woke up.. now its +215… so ya… will be fun fights all afternoon/evening – then you can PVD after we go to bed

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Khanswrath.1032

Khanswrath.1032

1st thing I see when I login to wvw is crystal desert hacks…..laaaaaaaaaaame. Thieves can’t immolate as far as I can see, but this special one can!! Ha, later. Last time I play against cheating servers. That’s right, I said cheating.

Ever stop to think that player was using a Superior Sigil of Fire on his weapon?
http://www.gw2db.com/items/27872-superior-sigil-of-fire
Granted I don’t use the sigil and can’t precisely say whether the blast registers as immolate on damage logs but there’s a strong chance his weapon sigil choices could have produced that affect.
Could have always been using armor runes to produce the fire damage as well
http://www.gw2db.com/items/49562-superior-rune-of-flame-legion

Granted I wasn’t there but to come to the forums and call hacks you gotta have some backing

Khanswrath-80 Thief [ODN]
“Do not argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. "

in WvW

Posted by: ravendd.4209

ravendd.4209

@ “Deathcarlyle.6075”:

I played from the opening bell until about 4am central last night. I don’t know if you had that luxury so to recap, the score was tight, within 1K of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for the entirety of that duration.

Is it claimed there’s a different reason or are you just chest thumping?

in WvW

Posted by: miragezero.2738

miragezero.2738

Yak’s hasn’t had much of a nightcapping force; if we got some west coasters that burn the midnight oil then I’m happy- we need it!

in WvW

Deathcarlyle.6075

Considering CD lost Synergy Alliance im honestly surprised we have that much map, And Yes just Chest bumping, I know we gained the Majority of the map at night, Just firing the other servers i would rather it stay within 1k all week

in WvW

Posted by: Drede.4701

Drede.4701

Darkhaven is an up-and-coming server who has finally met another night capping server. Yes the score doesn’t look pretty at the moment, but this is what happens when you get a tier 5 server moving into the big time at the same time a tier 2/3 server falls down for a week. Gotta give CD props, they’re good. Just don’t expect Darkhaven to quit.

The many different ways I can spell Regnilond xD
Guardians of the Creed [HATE]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Flashlegend.2941

Flashlegend.2941

Anyone have the current score?

Ascosia – Thief
Isles of Janthir
[Hel]Helioz

in WvW

ravendd.4209

Crystal Desert 33,711/340 *
Yak’s Bend 18,842/265
Darkhaven 16,943/90

in WvW

Posted by: Everlast.4789

Everlast.4789

Crystal Desert has come decided to win this apparently. But i wouldnt say the game is won, till this weeks matchup is over. Yak’s bend is a community of player that has gathered together and created ties among their best WvW guilds in order to strenghten and better coordinate attacks.

This is week’s matchup is our test of fire and we are willing to prove that no matter how good the server is, we are willing to give you one long enduring heartbreaking match throughout the whole week. Im just replying to the poster who says we dont belong in this tier. In reply to his message "We do belong! We fought it! We earned it! Deal with it sir!

Goodluck to both CD and Darkhaven!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Nanorin.9285

Nanorin.9285

“SoR screwed us over (Free server transfers) and kicked us from our bracket.”

LOL, love how Yaks gave up and conveniently use transfers as an excuse. Less QQ, more pew pew pls.

Get your facts straight, if SoR didn’t have 400+ guild transfer to them they still be in kittenhole where they were. Running 150 people 24/7 won you that week. Guilds that was originally on Yak’s didn’t jump ship when we were outnumbered 3/1, and we still here. Whatever we took in evenings got swarmed with “Zerg” from all 3 other maps in a matter of minutes. Of cause you get frustrated when you outnumbered and stop playing .

in WvW

ravendd.4209

Nano, I believe it would be more accurate to blame arena net for the system currently in place – i.e badly chosen chess elo rating system designed to measure slow improvements over time with a system that allows for rapid changes in strength via unlimited free transfers. Moreover, it would also be more precise to blame the transfers from HoD/JQQ to SoR rather than the population there at the time that wasn’t asking for the hours long q’s they now have as a consequence.

Yak’s has excellent coordination for their population, and as has been mentioned previously, punches above their weight class – Friday night’s especially. In straight up prime time, Yak’s can compete with any server we’ve matched with. When the match is decided within 16 hours – the first 8 competitive, the next not – the why bother factor kicks in – and understandably so – for a great many people. What Prime.1337 would call "giving up and qq’ing’, many of the rest of us would call making a wise decision not to waste additional time.

Not me of course, and nor am I alone, some of us are just masochistic enough to keep playing against the increasing odds and repair bills. Expecting a realistic view from 1337’s however is a fool’s game. Trolls will troll.

in WvW

Posted by: PoiSonPeZ.4286

PoiSonPeZ.4286

It’s afternoon on the weekend and DH still hasn’t shown up. Can’t expect Yak’s to take on CD by themselves.

in WvW

Actium.8765

lol just had about 15 CD players run over my body, stop, sit, then dance. hahahah was pretty funny.

in WvW

Posted by: Endorin.3109

Endorin.3109

We just saw a Yak’s bend player moving the orb from our keep and transferring it to garrison in a few seconds time in Yak’s bend border.

Hackz haz evolvedz.

Vizard/Violét Darkheart .
Maestro of Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA].

in WvW

Posted by: ravikus.7268

ravikus.7268

Comes Monday and everything can turn around. I’m from Yaks Bend and we haven’t had the good fight for 2 solid weeks, since SoR screwed us over (Free server transfers) and kicked us from our bracket.

It’s been two weeks dude, learn to let go.

Sanctum of Rall

RR & USA | Vanican – Guardian | Grub Killa – Mesmer | Vaxri – Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Drede.4701

Drede.4701

Hate to sound like I’m making excuses, honestly the score doesn’t affect my mindset when I’m wvw anyways, but I wonder if all the Halloween stuff is keeping people away until the score is out of reach?

The many different ways I can spell Regnilond xD
Guardians of the Creed [HATE]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Deathcarlyle.6075

How would that effect just one server tho considering all servers have them

in WvW

Posted by: Endorin.3109

Endorin.3109

As one of the commander of CD what was present during the hacking of the orb in Yak’s borderland, I would like to give my utmost respect to the Yak’s commander that chose to strike the deal with commander Zeedan on giving us back the orb.

That’s one heck of a good sportsmanship, cheers.

Vizard/Violét Darkheart .
Maestro of Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA].

in WvW

ravendd.4209

Yak’s made the top 3 on reddit a few weeks back when this happened vs SoR/NSP – not the first time. Wish there was something to be done regarding the hackers though – it strikes me as highly odd this hasn’t been resolved yet.

in WvW

Posted by: altqq.8376

altqq.8376

first hacking of the orb, then teleporting supplies to repair walls, then glitching thru tower to ninja it, and finally hacking the orb again? you guys are just full of surprises.

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

Well that’s the trouble with handling hackers- if you ban them really fast then they know exactly what programs you can best detect and they can develop new programs that are ever more able to avoid detection at all. If you ban them in slow batches to deny them that knowledge then they wreak havoc with your PvP.

As it stands the hackers seem to be hopping around servers causing this mischief so they can laugh as we go at each other’s throats. Having good sport commanders that let opponents take back hacked orbs is the best option for now and hopefully ANet eventually wins the hack race putting a full block on these 3rd party programs.

-

CD is really bipolar about WvW. In some matchups our night crew caps everything and in others there’s only the sound of crickets as they all withdraw from WvW for the week, either from server transfers or for PvE material.

Overall it is a fairly low population of Oceanic players that are just enough to overpower dwindling NA late nighters, as best I can tell.

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Reido Kyuuten.4709

Reido Kyuuten.4709

Hey guys, NSP visitor here. I just wanted to get a score update from DH. How is the progress on avenging your SoR loss?

in WvW

Actium.8765

i’m having fun regardless of the score/outnumbered stuff. wether we loose or not I shall go down fighting! >:O bring it CD