Crystal Desert vs Darkhaven vs Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: capriken.1320

capriken.1320

Maybe we should all form an alliance to unite three servers into one. So we will get decent 24/7 coverage.

in WvW

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

Problem is, outside of RE and HVN, I cannot think of one large and dedicated WvW guild from Darkhaven.

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in WvW

Posted by: Spetrix.3859

Spetrix.3859

Whichever guild from CD that set up the East Keep defense on Yak’s borderland with the orb yesterday

Superior arrow carts galore, triple catas on both inner and outer gates, double defensive trebs assaulting courtyard and multiple superior ballistas holding down the bridge.

We want that guild. Well played fellas

-A YB Commander

Spetrix l 80 Sylvari Thief l Yak’s Bend
Grawls Gone Wild (GGW)

(edited by Spetrix.3859)

in WvW

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

DH here. I had a lot of fun catching pumpkins from the CD “spawn campers” on EB tonight! Dont know if you were actually playing along, but still, was just a ton of fun (really!).

And the up arrow thief who kept trying to kill me was just precious :P

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in WvW

Posted by: Ambrosiaa.6054

Ambrosiaa.6054

Whichever guild from CD that set up the East Keep defense on Yak’s borderland with the orb yesterday

Superior arrow carts galore, triple catas on both inner and outer gates, double defensive trebs assaulting courtyard and multiple superior ballistas holding down the bridge.

-A YB Commander

That would be my guild, EDMW. Too bad we are based in Singapore and it was 12pm and only like 5 of us were on when you did that, 8 golem rush was it?

in WvW

Posted by: Jan.4830

Jan.4830

-A YB Commander

That would be my guild, EDMW. Too bad we are based in Singapore and it was 12pm and only like 5 of us were on when you did that, 8 golem rush was it?

As a fellow singaporean who was in the first siege as Spetrix, (died horribly along with most of our seige to those amazing defensive trebs), i cant say how glad i was to have been in one of the 9 golems that took the door down. Big shout out to guilds OF, Badgers and Grawls for pulling it off, as well as the smaller guilds that were with us.

I salute the 5 defenders in the keep for getting there fast and doing the best they could to defend.

There were however at least another 35 CD players on the map who were tied up trying to take the lower right tower and supply camp, or who got distracted trying to retake the north supply camp.

We made a HUGE effort to hide the golems and our army on foot.

Exited Garison via water gate, then used chain mesmer portal Golems all the way to Askalion hills.

I believe the keep defenders had no idea about them incoming until golems were ported right on the outer door.

Took about 6 mins start to finish to get both doors down. It was very close because about 25 defenders had finally come back to the keep and were behind us on the bridge to the Lord’s room when we capped the keep.

Believe me the only reason we dropped so many golems, made use of mesmer chain mesmer ports/Distraction tower capping was because of those first few seiges where we got massacred.

It was absolute LAST thing we think of to do in order to take the keep and the orb back. That keep held out for almost 12 hours. Really amazing defences, great fight, but the speed and organization done by the our yak commanders Patricide and Rheas and allied guilds won it in the end.

(Hopefully it’s not all capped again by the time i write this of course.)

Yaks Bend Alliance
Melisande-Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Marktman.5741

Marktman.5741

Anyone have an update on current scores?

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

-A YB Commander

Ya, that was insane. Was a LONG siege – was up at 8am… Off an on throughout the day, logged at about 10pm and we STILL did not get that keep.

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Drede.4701

Drede.4701

Hey my fellow Darkhavenians, at least this match isn’t quite as brutal as the two teirs above us… CD and Yak’s are both just better. That simple.
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

The many different ways I can spell Regnilond xD
Guardians of the Creed [HATE]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Drede, Crystal Desert is better than us. I’ll withhold judgment on whether Yak’s Bend is better than us or not. Having 2nd place doesn’t mean you’re better than 3rd place necessarily. I’ve seen 3rd place and 2nd place be matched up with each other after getting stomped, and 3rd place schooled 2nd place. I’m eager to get a match with the Yak’s that doesn’t have a 3rd server dominating us both. That would be a fun fight no doubt, seeing as both servers are quite notorious for having coverage at all times (night cappers we’re called).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Bahatsu.4521

Bahatsu.4521

@Drede Ironic considering your cannon fodder guild VIP jumped train to Darkhaven. Guess you all should go ahead and start the mass transfer to CD now.

LoL

-Bahatsu [PVP] NS
WvW Officer of PvP Inc.
“There is no shame in finishing second… When it was to me” -Bahatsu

in WvW

Drede.4701

Yea, really looking forward to the Mad King going away too. Actually saw some people looking for groups for his stupid dungeon in our BL. Seriously? go to LA with the other thousands of people looking to party…

Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Drede.4701

Oh and just for the record I joined them after they transferred. Been on DH myself since I work 3rd shift and heard they were “night cappers” honestly I started with Devona lol

Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: patricide.1062

patricide.1062

Would just like to point out that the [VIPx] guild mentioned above has been doing very… exploity things lately. For example, porting multiple times during a fight to exploit the render glitch, standing in invulnerable areas in the back of camps, things like that. I know that DH isn’t dishonorable server or anything, but that guild sure seems to be.

Support Guardian – D/D Ele
[Rawr] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Edan.1285

Edan.1285

Looks like CD started whipping everyone either last night or early this morning, but this is what I woke up to today.

Attachments:

in WvW

Drede.4701

So as you may also notice in my sig, I’m not even lvl 80 yet. Personally, I enjoy reading the banter on forums almost as much as I enjoy actually playing the game. Not to be confused with trolling or flaming, just banter. Ok, so that being said, I obviously can’t speak for my guild, I’m just one of many people in it. I do know that the mess on last weeks WWW match with like 5 topics that got locked started with the honerable DH getting mad at Maguuma for using these tactics. Guuma basically said they were tactics used in higher tiers and if DH wanted to keep moving up, they should adapt. Clearly some of DH, as well as some of VIP, listened to this. Me, I’m just a ranger tryin not to embarass himself too much out there. Honestly, even when I take my thief out I don’t use dagger off-hand much less exploit the whole invisible thing. There’s my two cents before my posting leads to bashing on VIP which they may or may not deserve. Time to go play.

Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Ambrosiaa.6054

Props to YB and DH for not giving up a single bit. We have MANY more Asians than you and that’s why we are able to ‘nightcap’ so effectively. But it seems that both of you guys come back every single day during peak hours to claim back what was yours.

I doubt CD is much more ‘skilled’ than you guys are. I’m pretty sure our servers are all pretty even actually. We just have much better coverage than you guys.

in WvW

Posted by: Kazak.8459

Kazak.8459

Drede, I guess the finger pointing should go towards Anet on the culling. Since they do nothing to the exploiters (and it’s so hard to prove).

I was there with Pat last night and it was quite pathetic by VIPx to exploit the culling like that. One thing is when a zerg runs into a zerg and culling starts, but to abuse it like that… just lame and un-sportsmanship like. If that’s what you guys want to do to get to the top tier…. good luck to you and the cheater tier.

Thanks for confirming what we were all upset about last night. By the way, there was only 7-9 of us and drove your happy teleporting party of 20ish? away. At least of what we could see….

in WvW

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

Props to YB and DH for not giving up a single bit. We have MANY more Asians than you and that’s why we are able to ‘nightcap’ so effectively. But it seems that both of you guys come back every single day during peak hours to claim back what was yours.

I doubt CD is much more ‘skilled’ than you guys are. I’m pretty sure our servers are all pretty even actually. We just have much better coverage than you guys.

That’s really what it comes down to in the long run, isn’t it? Such is the way of 24 hour battles

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

in WvW

Drede.4701

umm I was at work last night. I didn’t confirm anything, I’m simply guessing based on the opinions presented here… heck to be perfectly honest i think DH is a good fit in the 4/5 tier area. As Ambrosiaa pointed out these servers are actually fairly even.

Yak’s Bend

(edited by Drede.4701)

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

@Ambrosiaa. – I appreciate and respect the tone of your posts. Much respect. – you show the spirit we at DH enjoy – we have no enemies – its a game and we make friends with people who enjoy a good night or day of pvp together. – While it may be fun winning, the real fun is on the battle field having epic fights with people who enjoy gaming together.- we all win when everyone has good clean fun!! Cheers!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Question. Why was DH trying to hit Yak’s so hard when CD was so far in the lead?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: Jest.9276

Jest.9276

It’s a common tactic when one server leads consistently that server 2 and 3 fight it out for second place due to the nature of the Ranking system.

in WvW

Posted by: TheFreshBrew.1958

TheFreshBrew.1958

Answer: For the same reason Yak’s was hitting DH so hard when CD was so far in the Lead.

in WvW

patricide.1062

Stonemist Castle at full upgrades speed capped courtesy of the Yak’s Bend Alliance. Took us seriously <7 minutes.

[Rawr] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

Stonemist Castle at full upgrades speed capped courtesy of the Yak’s Bend Alliance. Took us seriously <7 minutes.

when i first walked in and saw you guys had taken stone mist and nothing else i thought it was a crazy idea.

when i saw it work out and how Yaks owned 50% of EB within a few minutes i realized it was a crazy awesome idea.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

patricide.1062

Unfortunately, DH decided that now would be a good time to ninja our garrison and our orb. We had to go back and handle them, and now CD owns all of EB again

[Rawr] – HoD

in WvW

patricide.1062

when i first walked in and saw you guys had taken stone mist and nothing else i thought it was a crazy idea.

when i saw it work out and how Yaks owned 50% of EB within a few minutes i realized it was a crazy awesome idea.

Thanks! It almost worked out :P

[Rawr] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

I feel like Maguuma is constantly watching us like a vulture. So what if we drop a tier. We beat you by nearly twice as many points and we can do it again.

And then there’s Ehmry Bay. Why are they always there?

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

If DH did not lack players, coordination and true lvl 80’s we’d show all of you.

Since we do not we are showing you how to farm easy xp and karma points.

Over the weekend been seeing groups of 5-10 people trying to take on CD who have 15+ with all sorts of seige weapons.
Oh well, guess them DH players got mass coin to waste on repairs.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

both servers have their weakspots ( obviously we do too )- and maybe if halloween wasn’t such a distraction for many on our server – we could have hit those weak spots harder O.o We enjoy learning new tactics and strategies, but some of them require a good amount of manpower to pull off. We have several very talented tactician / strategists commanders on our server, and we enjoy learning from both them and our opposition. but strategies can go so far when you have a massive zerg overwhelm you lol

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Raffie.7865

Well on DH the Eternal Battleground map CD has the respawn camped. So most people just hang out by the portals. I saw about 15 people today just talking and dancing around. No real interst to do anything due to the heavy campers out there.
Its going to be a boaring GW2 week for sure.

in WvW

Posted by: Denim Samurai.2379

Denim Samurai.2379

kind of takes the fun out of it when all your hard work goes to waste when CD just caps literally everything. Go to bed at 2am with 2 orbs and half the point income wake up at 6am and the whole map is green. All 3 orbs ninjaed during the night.

and btw: why was CD using trebs to bust our towers from SM so DH could take them? Kicking the last place realm to boost your competion makes no sense.

in WvW

Ambrosiaa.6054

That’s really what it comes down to in the long run, isn’t it? Such is the way of 24 hour battles

Yes, yes it is. That’s why i don’t really appreciate it when Yak’s players come in here saying, ‘Oh, we’re better than you when numbers are equal’. It’s just not true because you can’t measure how many players are on at any point of the day.

The only thing that sets apart servers which we can say for sure, is coverage and the score. There is no point being the most skilled server but the one with the worst coverage.

Imagine if Kaineng was the most skilled server. No one would even take them seriously if they came out and said ‘we deserve to be in tier 2 because we always win during prime time’.

TLDR; There is no point complaining that you superior, and the only reason you are losing is because you are being ‘nightcapped’. There isn’t much way to measure that. Instead, try to fill up those places where you lack coverage.

in WvW

Posted by: Galantis.3267

Galantis.3267

CD does their capping when there’s barely anyone to defend. Huge group going around that just PVD’s mostly.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

easy way to settle this so no one feels left out ….. DH declares a temporary alliance with yaks bend until CD is in 3rd place. -wicked laugh-

in WvW

Raffie.7865

If a server has lots of people playing WvW with 24hr coverage is pretty much a win or very close.
The low pop time is what kills a server.

in WvW

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

Really enjoying this week so far (Yak here). After dominating last week so hard that it was no fun, and getting dominated so hard the week before last, it’s great to have control swinging back and forth over the week (even though CD are deservedly on top).

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

Ya – I have to Admit – NA Prime time is hot for PVP. We fill a map with YAKs and CD (no idea where DH is… ) and just pvp. Who cares if we are losing – They are a tier 3/2 server, the fact that we can hold our own means we are doing well. NA prime is coming to an end.. we are +200-250 in score all evening.

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: capriken.1320

capriken.1320

Asian CD reporting for duty in approximately 8 hours.

in WvW

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

The long and the short… Everyone is getting sick of WvW two months after release. The concept is good. Execution is terrible.

I know everyone says if you have a better idea, let’s hear it! I don’t. I’m not on ANet payroll. And it doesn’t look like anything will change in the short term.

For the next few months all you’ll get are threads on the forums about 3 servers and a bunch of poor sportsmanship and trash talk.

2 servers will stop participating as soon as the work week begins.

All 3 servers will be bored out of their minds the rest of the week and argue with each other instead of pointing the finger at ANet for designing such a weak WvW system.

Make WvW worth doing. Make it so it is more player vs player oriented instead of ground targeted AOE zerg vs ground targeted AOE zerg. The zerg that wins is the zerg that brings more focused AOE. That is terrible design. You lose that sense of battling a person and all you see is a red, blue or green blob.

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

in WvW

patricide.1062

The long and the short… Everyone is getting sick of WvW two months after release. The concept is good. Execution is terrible.

I know everyone says if you have a better idea, let’s hear it! I don’t. I’m not on ANet payroll. And it doesn’t look like anything will change in the short term.

For the next few months all you’ll get are threads on the forums about 3 servers and a bunch of poor sportsmanship and trash talk.

2 servers will stop participating as soon as the work week begins.

All 3 servers will be bored out of their minds the rest of the week and argue with each other instead of pointing the finger at ANet for designing such a weak WvW system.

Make WvW worth doing. Make it so it is more player vs player oriented instead of ground targeted AOE zerg vs ground targeted AOE zerg. The zerg that wins is the zerg that brings more focused AOE. That is terrible design. You lose that sense of battling a person and all you see is a red, blue or green blob.

Well, maybe you don’t enjoy it, but there are tons of us (especially the old DAoC and WAR crowd) that really, really like it. If you are just zerging mindlessly into each other, there’s no wonder you’re not doing so hot.

[Rawr] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Spetrix.3859

Spetrix.3859

^ A lot of us on Yak’s love WvW. No one likes a disheartening blowout but when the opponent is good, the fight is good. If you’re looking for some 1 v 1 action, sPvP is designed for that. WvW is all about organized teamwork and strategic tactical warfare.

We have been playing as a team and pushing objective by objective. Yak’s is jumping in rankings because we are getting more organized by the day and we’re actively developing our commanders and pugs.

Our matchup last night (weekday) was also very very intense. I think WvW is very worth doing. I enjoy it, I enjoy the people I meet through it and I think a lot of people on the CD/DH/YB thread would say the same.

Furthermore, I’m curious as to why you decided to post this kind of comment in our server battle thread. It has absolutely nothing to do with the current match up and I’m requesting the mod to delete it as it just doesn’t belong here.

Spetrix l 80 Sylvari Thief l Yak’s Bend
Grawls Gone Wild (GGW)

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

Defending greenbriar from both of your zergs while ours took all of EB was a ton of fun. I’m not just posting to brag about a diversion though, I wanted to add some emphasis to the coordination ultimately wins out post from that theif a ways back.

Just having people scouting where the enemy is and what they’re doing for purposes other than finding siege to counter siege helps tremendously in open field combat but it’s combining the strengths of professions that really makes that work. Had we been able to shut down your hero elementalist on our trebuchets I think yak’s would have been in too much trouble from having open walls on their keep to actually put the sustained zerging on our door like that, but even after that we dropped so many enemy trebuchets before our siege was actually whittled down enough to stop blanketing the whole area in cows.

Just imagine if there had actually been supply in the place!

-

On orb hacking- while a lot of players were just utilizing game glitches to get past walls there are 3rd party programs out there that allow for some extremely unnatural sorts of movement. While I’m not sure how much of it is program and how much is very secretive exploit knowledge we did discover last round that there aren’t so many people doing this as you might think: it seems that a few folks had been recognized by their guild tag, doing it on a lot of servers. Do definitely try to get screenshots of them doing it, and their tag in the report menu if you have time.

…probably don’t post it in these WvW threads though. Bug reports will be a lot more streamlined for ANet and we don’t need to waste posts accusing people of hacking. I do seem to recall a server mass yelling at somebody when they heard who exactly was doing it- though I don’t know what ANet thinks of policing like that…

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: freess.6820

freess.6820

score update………..

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: The Blind Man.3642

The Blind Man.3642

Much respect goes out to DH and CD for that epic fight at GB. Luckily our treb had just enough range to take out CD’s treb guarding the door otherwise we would have never made it in there. That was a nice battle and what WvW is all about! I honestly didn’t know who was going to take that tower until we somehow managed to at the last second.

Nice job to all three servers. Was fun

Yak’s Bend Commander

in WvW

Ambrosiaa.6054

How is DH managing to muster up such an amazing push

in WvW

Drede.4701

Believe it or not, DH has a decent night/early morning crew. Problem is we haven’t been showing up much this week. Here’s hoping this is a sign that once the Halloween festivities are over, DH can ignore the score and scrape up some much needed dignity to end the week.

Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Osskil.1029

Osskil.1029

Keep it close Yak’s and DH!

Lord Osskilian – Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall – [Choo]

in WvW

Posted by: ImmortalZodd.6871

ImmortalZodd.6871

its been a fun week. CD you guys deserve the win, mostly because of the coverage. Its just very depressing to win everything back at night Eastern time and wake up to a full green YB map every single weekday, o well nothing we can really do about the coverage except wait for next week and hope the prime times match more closely to NA time for closer weekday battles.

this halloween stuff is probably not helping everyone get more people on the battlefield for closer battles either.