Crystal Desert vs. Maguuma vs. Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Monztor.9207

Monztor.9207

I didn’t see one yet so I thought I’d start it.

I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that last match that had maguuma and darkhaven, it was a lot of fun and a close match. I look forward to another experience like that and welcome to the fray Crystal Desert!

Lets have a great match and see you guys on the battle field.

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

Crystal Desert is comming from a pretty awesome battle against Tarnished Coast and Yak’s Bend ourselves!

Looking forward to this week! Good luck everyone!

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

People are actually bothering with wvwvw with the new dungeon out?

I haven’t been able to play since about 3 so I’m curious what the field looks like.

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

I’ll get a match update as soon as I get in. Just got back from running drills int he pacific so i’m looking forward to a good matchup!

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in WvW

Actium.8765

here is that update

Attachments:

in WvW

Monztor.9207

People are actually bothering with wvwvw with the new dungeon out?

I’m actually torn between WvW vs FoM Dungeon atm. This weeks attendance might be a little rocky.

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

The score is a bit shocking. I’ve heard CD wasn’t as strong during NA primetime relative to other servers, but it still blows my mind to see Mag winning at this time when EBay was beating them easily last week after the reset. I still expect CD to win the match though. The more interesting question is if Mag beats DH. Their last match was a close one and I imagine things may have changed for the two servers since then. My prediction is CD > Mag > DH.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

Steamrolling a map is fun, but once its locked down it hard to find things to do till Friday since the other 2 servers will have a few PVPers come out at best.

My server (DH) main issue is that we do not have 24/7 PVP coverage. We got well defined high/low times.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

(edited by Raffie.7865)

in WvW

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

It’ll be nice having 3 active servers for once instead of us, a powerhouse and a server that forgot to join the party.

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in WvW

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

wooo…yeah…active by 4th tier standards. Go Us.

Ok that’s a sour view and I’m sorry, not trying to put everyone down, but I don’t know what else to think….still depressed by the huge disaster that was all those free transfers, and yet we still don’t have guesting for PvE either. /e mope

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

My guild isnt really going to focus on WvW this week due to the new instance. Ill still do WvW daily, but not the whole time im on.

I wouldnt be surprised if we loose this matchup either, we may need to drop a couple tiers to be competitive again after the server transfers. we’ll see.

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

GG perma stealthing Maguuma player at Godslore.

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

Darkhaven keep on fighting! We’re outmanned in EB and still we stood our ground.

Ded gaem

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Haven’t had a chance to get on yet. How zergy is CD?

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Haven’t had a chance to get on yet. How zergy is CD?

TC here coming off 3 matches against CD. CD tend to be relatively undermanned during NA prime time but overwhelming during Asian prime time, prepare for very weird point-swings.

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

My server (DH) main issue is that we do not have 24/7 PVP coverage. We got well defined high/low times.

Don’t think you’re alone. That’s the problem with just about every lower tier server that doesn’t focus on WvW, has large, active, dedicated guilds for WvW, or recruits for time coverage. From the looks of it, we’re all in for a bunch of day/nightcapping, which means a lot of boring PvD :\

I’m excited to see what CD is made of. Already know DH and their antics so not really looking forward to that. I hope it isn’t true that they lost VIP because that would mean less resistance in this match up.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

zastari.1730

I know DH lost ICoa, not sure about any others. Kinda sucks because I get the feeling DH is thinning out while Mag is gaining people.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Darkhaven lost ICoa, part of HVN, Brazilian Legion(I think, not 100% sure on that one), and a smattering of random fairweather players last week.

As far as I am aware, we have gained no significant guilds in that same period. So overall we as a server are definitely putting weaker numbers into WvW than we had two or three weeks ago.

There are two or three small to middling sized homegrown guilds on Darkhaven that I am keeping an eye on however, that seem to be putting more numbers into WvW, so the situation is not entirely bleak.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Ira.5172

Ira.5172

I’m excited to see where this match would end up!

Ira Souleater – Necromancer
Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: neomccoy.2657

neomccoy.2657

I hope it isn’t true that they lost VIP because that would mean less resistance in this match up.

VIP is iCOA and yes they move to Blackgate, it’s a really wvwvw focused guild also with 3-4 commanders.

With the new content this week, i won’t be surprise if we drop a tier again and lose more players lol.

Everything Purple [EP] – Tarnished Coast
Stone Walled – Guardian; Plaguefest – Necro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjs6MOa8ukw

in WvW

Posted by: TheFreshBrew.1958

TheFreshBrew.1958

yay, we’ve arrived to the Part of WVW where CD is spawncamping. It’s going to be another awesome week in wvw, maybe more people will transfer out for free

in WvW

zastari.1730

I dunno I’m enjoying it on Mag side so far. I thought FA was the braindead zerg server but CD sure takes it to a whole nother level. I’m pretty sure stomping 1v3’s over and over will keep me plenty entertained throughout this dumb matchup.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: rush.1492

rush.1492

So far CD has a lot of numbers in the morning and at night. It will be an interesting week for sure. Good luck to you all!

[ARK]Xelo Prime
Arkham – Maguuma

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Guys, PUSH. You outnumber the enemy more than threefold, push them back! This is war, this is no time to be skittish, FIGHT!

Also, seven Maguumians to take out one DD ele, that was hilarious.
“Um guys, we’re gonna need some help at SE camp.”
“What? Why?”
“There’s an ele here.”
“Okay, kill it with fire.”
“We tried that…”

Congrats to that ele, (I forget the server).

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

Posted by: fadswaffer.5140

fadswaffer.5140

Had a good fightlast night around 3 am EST. CD was picking up speed and mag was just trying to hold. I was with a team of 5 just camping at Durios and had fun when the braindead CD zerg ran by.

[PYRO] MAGUUMA
Necromancer | Warrior
NO TEARS ONLY DREAMS

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Crystal Desert, did you find a way to ban people for not having supply or something?

On the screenshot: Crystal Desert building 3 golems in the middle of the fight. Usually I only laugh at this, but they actually almost built 2 of them.

Attachments:

(edited by Halo.8976)

in WvW

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

The only thing funny about your screenshot is the +55.

=D

in WvW

Monztor.9207

Anyone have a score update?

in WvW

Posted by: Ayron.1850

Ayron.1850

Crystal Desert here – I just want to give props to the Dark Haven group from the All or nothing guild. Running around in a 4-5 man just kicking kitten Ya’ll are a tough group =P

(edited by Ayron.1850)

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Our numbers are bad with this pve event business. We lost Durios to 20 people because 10 of our players were on the Grub. /sigh

Their excuse was “Don’t worry, we’ll get it back.” It was fortified. Thanks AoD. You’re good at this game.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

day 2 and the flaming begins.

For real…. Why is it that no matter who CD is fighting we always get flamed? Even though we try to start things off respectfully? Win or lose we’re always the bad guys.

Judging by your primetime presence, I don’t think it would be out of line to call CD braindead. I’m not for name calling on the forum, but from what I’ve seen from CD, it’s pretty bad. You guys seem like every other lower tier server that has numbers but not much sense with what to do with them. I mean, CD attacked east keep with 30+ guys, couldn’t make it past 8 guys defending, so you built a golem, which was taken care of before it reached the inner. And that was the second attempt that morning. It kind of feels like you guys think throwing bodies at things fixes it. Unless you were just having fun, because I certainly didn’t take that seriously.

Either way, I always love to see invaders/defenders do /laugh, only to end up being kicked out of the keep in just a few minutes. CD seems to be pretty kitteny when they’re zerging around, that or their plan is to not upgrade anything since it’s only the weekend.

in WvW

ykyk.2740

If you are talking about NA primetime, CD has fairly weak presence during that period (weakest among the tier 3 servers). They have overwhelming numbers during Asian primetime (NA early morning) but only one guild that really shows some semblance of tactics (EsF), the rest just bring lots and lots of bodies. Their asian zerg has a very casual feel about how they do things.

in WvW

Actium.8765

So…when is Darkhaven, Maguuma, and Crystal Desert going to merge there WvW players together?

just askin… >;) lol

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Darkuuma Desert. It kinda works.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Maguuma seem pretty weak individually. Our NA presence is almost non existent but we still can hold our own during NA primetime.

I’ve noticed this, I am also one of them. I am not geared for 1v1 fights. I need to have at least one other person with me for the character I’m currently playing to be useful. I focus on CC and toughness so having someone who compliments me with their damage is pretty great. So if I come up against a glass cannon or anyone specced for damage and Im alone, I’m cooked. There’s also no way my main, a bubble guardian,should win a 1v1 fight (though, sadly, I’ve seen it happen). Some people may beat me and think “oh mag players are terrible” when they never seem to think about what that person may be geared for.

If you are talking about NA primetime, CD has fairly weak presence during that period (weakest among the tier 3 servers). They have overwhelming numbers during Asian primetime (NA early morning) but only one guild that really shows some semblance of tactics (EsF), the rest just bring lots and lots of bodies. Their asian zerg has a very casual feel about how they do things.

Yes, I was talkin’ CD primetime, NA morning. But that’s what I mean, there were no tatics, just throw bodies and a few golems. It’s not really flaming them if it’s just an opinion of how they work. I’ll look for EsF then, and see if we can get a good fight going with them.

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

I think the reason why our Asian zerg lacks tactics is because they never needed it. Aside from a few exceptions in the past during our time in tier 2, they are almost always up against no opposition. Kinda hard to develop tactics when brute force is all that is necessary.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Kinda hard to develop tactics when brute force is all that is necessary.

See you say that but then they failed at taking east keep three times in one morning against ten people. I would just figure someone would say “hey, we need to go about this a different way” when what you’re currently trying isn’t working.

in WvW

Posted by: RedOwl.7496

RedOwl.7496

Guess I never quite get why servers do the things they do in some of these matchups. If DH and Mag spent most of their time fighting CD, then it would be hard for CD to maintain their lead and finish number one. The more DH and Mag fight each other, the easier we make it for CD to win in the end.

I guess it seems easier to go take stuff in the 2nd or 3rd place teams BL to get ‘easy’ points and think you are winning. But would it not make more sense to constantly put pressure on the server leading in points, even if it is much harder because you are outnumbered or out played, than spend time fighting each other to ensure the number one team wins?

Why not have DH stay out of Mag BL and Mag stay out of DH borderlands unless the score is close? Both go to CD and sort of stay on their side of the map and MAKE CD divid their forces to try to defend on two fronts. This will also help keep them out of DH and Mag borderlands.

EB can be a free for all….but why not mostly avoid each other if in 2nd or 3rd place and focus on beating the team in 1st.

Guess it is the same reason no one listens in chat whether in game or on voice. “Ohhh a shiney! Kill it!” “Look a Red player!”…let’s have 12 people chase it across the map even though it accomplishes next to nothing towards winning the match. Dumb or no long term strategy.

Am I missing something?

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Because that kind of borders on an alliance? The way I see it, Maguuma fights whoever they want to fight. Once we get comfortable and have a hold on things, we attack the most reasonable target, which is usually whoever has the lead. While I was playing yesterday morning, on two occasions Maguuma set out to take grounds from CD and was pretty successful at it. So it’s not reasonable to say Mag is not hitting CD.

We most likely will not “leave DH alone” because WvW is not solely about first or second place. Maguuma also doesn’t seem to care about our place in the tier, we just want to play.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Has a single player from Mag even been inside DH borderlands? I imagine you’d be hard pressed to find 10 in there at any specific time past friday night. Sure as hell haven’t had anything organized going on over there.

CD borderlands though, we’ve been there.

DH has been to Mag borderlands. In fact they’re in there as we speak. I don’t mind too much though, even if they were trying to take west keep from us. DH is always fun to fight.

Anyway, the score is only 7k points from CD to Mag and 7k from Mag to DH at this moment. Hardly anything to get excited about. Can be made up in a few good hours.

(edited by Rhyis.7058)

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

Fun night in EB today. Major props to that one guild (sorry I don’t know your name) who held off the DH zerg at Pangloss for at least over an hour. During that time, we were able to take all of Mag’s towers and their keep unmolested by DH. Also, according to one of the guys defending Pangloss, DH apparently charged at them with a siege golem. Is there anyone from DH that was there that could confirm if it was true?

in WvW

Posted by: Nihilas.5374

Nihilas.5374

GG perma stealthing Maguuma player at Godslore.

Barely Holding Godslore for less then 8mins.. and its was not perma Stealth, it was running around lol, Was Fun

[WoT] – Maguuma
Thief -Ayranis, Guardian-SevenOfNines
“Even Pubbies Watch The Mini Map”

(edited by Nihilas.5374)

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Guess I never quite get why servers do the things they do in some of these matchups. If DH and Mag spent most of their time fighting CD, then it would be hard for CD to maintain their lead and finish number one. The more DH and Mag fight each other, the easier we make it for CD to win in the end.

You are missing alot. We are on Western Spawn at Crystal Desert Borderlands which is…horrible. If we leave Darkhaven alone, we have the worst keep on our side of the map. It can be safe trebbed from Garrison and the inner Keep can be safe trebbed from the outer Keep. We have access to the less defensible of the two North Towers. Since we dont have the numbers to field teams in all 3 borderlands at once, we usually ignore the Western Spawn if its a 3 way fight for strategic reasons.

Its never as simple as saying, Mag should never attack Darkhaven because the game really doesn’t work like that. We often attempt to hit multiple objectives at the same time, to test our opponent’s ability to split effectively. Sometimes this involves taking objectives on opposite sides of the map with some strategic importance to our opponent.

For example. picture a map where your team has Garrison, both North Towers West Keep and South West Tower. We may think about hitting North East Tower and South West Tower at the same time. North East Tower is a safe treb against Garrison and is easily defended. South West Tower is in treb distance from west keep. Its not safe but it can take 2 walls at once and commits a force to defending West Keep which must be large enough to reach (and overrun) the tower. Strategic alliances can in some ways prohibit certain strategies which give you a positional advantage, unless you work with your ally as well as you work with your own server. At which point everyone should really consider a server merge or something.

The other thing is that formal alliances are notoriously fragile and difficult to observe. This game doesn’t allow for servers to communicate with one another and makes it difficult to use diplomacy as a means of changing the balance of power in a WvW matchup.

in WvW

TheFreshBrew.1958

Come on CD, even with numbers you set a ballista in front of the spawn? I’m kinda hoping Anet puts us up against a server with some class this Friday evening.

in WvW

ykyk.2740

Come on CD, even with numbers you set a ballista in front of the spawn? I’m kinda hoping Anet puts us up against a server with some class this Friday evening.

Give them a break, I don’t think they’ve won in weeks. And there’s no need to generalize an entire server based on the actions of a few.

in WvW

TheFreshBrew.1958

Give them a break, I don’t think they’ve won in weeks. And there’s no need to generalize an entire server based on the actions of a few.

hah. A Few? I’ll bet its the vast majority of CD who’s in EB now. So, I’m not buying ‘the few’ thing. It’s been cheap tactics like this since reset. It’s how CD rolls, and I’m ok with that. I just find it classless.

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

At around 1am today there was a cheater on Dark Haven lingering around the CD spawn near their tower. He was a sylvari thief with the mushroom head. I don’t think he was part of a guild otherwise I would have noted it down.

He would teleport around so you couldn’t kill him. He would be near our spawn and I would call target on him to show my party who was cheating. When they would attack him, he would teleport from our spawn to the nearest tower. Then when he would regen, he would teleport up to us and attack, then teleport away around us to taunt us.

This of course wasn’t shadowstep. He would teleport across an entire field instantly (without stealth) and do it once every second so he was impossible to pin down.

We all reported him for botting since Arenanet failed to implement an option to report for cheating.

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

There were some fun moments up until the cheater from Dark Haven showed up and we switched borderlands.

in WvW

Actium.8765

There were some fun moments up until the cheater from Dark Haven showed up and we switched borderlands.

So 1 cheater made you switch borderlands? What did he do? lol

in WvW

TheFreshBrew.1958

that One cheater is probably why CD set up the two trebs so they could throw cows at DH spawn.