Darkhaven Vs. Ehmry Bay Vs. Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Ralathar,

We had that happen with Yak’s Bend, so we understand what it’s like.

But I agree, there needs to be more of an incentive to attack the stronger server.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Yeah, if there’s anything to complain about, it’s free server transfers going on for this long.
I would like to see 2 week matches start at some point though. It’s undeniable that weekends are a pretty defining time, and it would be nice to see another one halfway through the match.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Worban.1574

Worban.1574

Actually, Ralathar, I disagree with you there. I think the toughest spot to be in is the #2 server. #1 server almost couldn’t care less about a distant 3rd follower. So they hit #2 harder to keep or widen the lead. 3rd place server is going to work hard not to finish last so their obvious goal and target is to take #2 server down a notch.

You are literally stuck in the middle with both the other servers wanting a piece of you.

Plus, #2 server is burdened with both objectives: try to overtake 1st, while maintaining their hold of 2nd place. And if I were in second place, I would be MORE concerned about taking first place than anything else.

(edited by Worban.1574)

in WvW

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

I’m just thrilled that the hacking this week has been a few rumored flying mesmers.

in WvW

Posted by: Quench.7091

Quench.7091

Last match us Northern Shiverpeakers fought, the teams didn’t even reach a 10k point difference between each other from what I remember. A10k difference can be a crazy amount if the enemy is making just as much as you during large parts of the day.

Your right, if every battle was exactly the same as your last one then you would be correct, 10k would be huge. My whole point anyway was the fact that people were giving up too soon b/c who knows what the week days have to bring. 10k may not be all that much with DH’s week day schedule, but hey if you wanna QQ now, server transfers are still free I hear.

Other servers have come back from much more than 10k points to take the lead again.

The point I’m trying to make is that Darkhaven owns the night alone. In order to compete with that we will need to maintain as much during the day as they do during the night to keep up with how much Darkhaven is earning. Right now we are keeping around 50% during the day, but that isn’t enough to shorten the difference between our scores before the night comes.

I’ll play WvW regardless of the scoreboard. The score doesn’t motivate me to play or not to play WvW. The only thing that I feel the score influences that impacts me directly is what teams we fight next match. It is a little depressing that we might not be able to try to keep up with the score of Darkhaven as things are currently going, but I’ll still fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Worban.1574

Worban.1574

Glad to hear that Quench! I like that fighting spirit and wish more players on all servers shared it with you. Thanks to all of NSP who are keeping this a challenge for DH.

This is far from a blowout and still very uncertain without a full weekday to test the working hour populations against each other. We’ll see the results of that in about 28 hours.

Btw, I still fear a mighty NSP comeback, so I’m crossing my fingers that things continue to go this well for DH, while still having much more fun than a complete blowout.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

again, Darkhaven was just short manned, right now we are attacking with a vengeance. E-bay seems to be taking a beating from NSP yet going after DH…so there is a bit of wild arm swinging instead of planned strategy. Especially since DH is also now going after e-bay as well. at one point, I jumped into the NSP borderlands ..and there were literally only 5-6 people there vs 30+ NSP, and we still capped.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

So NSP and DH are having battles back and forth today in DH Borderlands. We finally managed to take Garrison back and moved on the Bay, got pushed back to godslore and retreated to Woodhaven where NSP starting seiging. We rallied and pushed them back to the Bay and once again we got pushed back.

About 20 or so mins of back and forth NSP broke threw the outer garrison wall and met a firm resistance at the north inner gate… BUT what we didn’t know is that NSP snuck in to the SW inner gate and was in the Keep Lords chamber while we was pushing who we THOUGHT were all the invaders till my chat blew up with “There in the Keep lords room!!” and “Those sneaky lil Ba…” lol we managed to keep the garrison and are now pushing on AB again for our orb.

I know DH owns the night but during the day has been a blast! Keep it up guys me love it long time.

and for those that are wondering here is an update and a map of DH BL atm.

Attachments:

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in WvW

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Ebay has lost alot of players due to plenty of mis-matches, so yeah like others have mentioned ~ the server transfers hurt WvW alot. So does mixing PvE and PvP together, so many players just want to get the world completion so they transfer off servers to the winning ones for what amounts to an easy star.

Its also no secret GW2 has lot of players in the past month, Xfire shows a very clear decline, and since not everyone uses xfire, a significant amount do so the numbers are pretty shocking ~

Xfire players Sep 13th was at 70k and at Oct 10th was down to 24k – that is a huge difference! Xfire Beta Guild Wars 2 Source

I still firmly believe each servers actual population is being mis-reported – each time I check, almost all servers are constantly High // Full ~ Ebay is no way a high population server, unless…you want to count bot armies running around, Ebay seems to have more bots than regular players now. The question begs, server merges in the near future?

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

(edited by TsukasaHiiragi.9730)

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Every MMO bar EvE Online and a handful of others have launched with a peak of activity and then declines after the first month, this is nothing new. It is usually caused by gamer burnout, where players will put ridiculous hours into a game for five or six weeks before finding themselves bored or disillusioned. The server high/full status pertains to PvE as well so some servers may find WvW less populated (especially when they start losing) but their server remains full or highly populated. I think GW2 is solid enough that they will continue to flourish for many years despite certain power groups jumping onto the next big thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamaz.9837

Jamaz.9837

Ehmry Bay had nothing this morning at 10AM EST, but our outmanned team eventually took Garrison which gave our dedicated PvPers incentive to join. After 3 hours of hard work, we retook our home borderland only to face a 60 NSP blitz team that was capturing every zone. We had half the numbers to NSP but managed to survive an Alpha Siege Golem push to our garrison, and eventually starved them out of our home.

Thanks again to all the Ehmry players who were there despite the score and not giving up on our server. Keep proving to them we’re not weak.

Ehmry Bay – The Shadowmoon

in WvW

Posted by: Flic.6938

Flic.6938

The good thing about EBay is after the last 3 weeks and all the fairweather transfers, the small wvw pop we have is a pretty loyal one. we do get outnumbered at night, and need some more peops at off peak times but alot of servers need that.
I just dont worry about the score now and try hold what we have.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

honestly, respects to all servers in this match – despite the inbalance of players – i’ve been having a ton of fun in wvw since I transferred back from HOD – we may not be top tier …but what does that have to do with having fun ? lots on talented players in that fight!! – ps – @ebay – ya’ll need to work together with DH to counter NS’s overpopulated servers. Then we can duke it out after! You don’t need us pouncing on you before then!! -snicker-

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

It’ll be hard to beat Darkhaven because of their night capping.

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in WvW

Ricky.4706

i have to disagree, because during the day DH is greatly outnumbered. To say nightcapping is our advantage is to say when the numbers are balanced we are hard to beat. Not going to argue that point though.

in WvW

Posted by: Ceaseless Barlow.4291

Ceaseless Barlow.4291

This weekend has made me realize that I was wrong about GW2. I am going to agree with Ramuth.6543 on this one. Being a vet of DAoC and wasting so much time on WAR (with big expectations) I will gladly say that GW2 has proved me wrong, and produced an excellent (rvr) WvWvW mechanic. The community in GW2 is a LOT different, due to the B2P based game, but it is easy to ignore the children who you do not want to listen to.

Looking forward to an entire week of swings!

Last week was absolutely brutal in WvW due to our gigantic lead from the start. It seemed like feast or famine, but this match is showing some serious potential.

[oo] Ceaseless

Bar Low | Leader of Ceaseless [oo] | Darkhaven | www.ceaselessguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: raichu.4902

raichu.4902

NSP only need a good night capping guild of 30-40 mens

Drilgenn
Guild : armata

in WvW

Troop.1369

i have to disagree, because during the day DH is greatly outnumbered. To say nightcapping is our advantage is to say when the numbers are balanced we are hard to beat. Not going to argue that point though.

NSP need an active night capping guild. Even with 300+ per tick in NSP for most of the day, it’s hard to catch with 400+ per tick in DH during the whole night.

It’s 10:40pm now and it has already started. 300+ per tick for Darkhaven.

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Arius,

True, your server doesn’t put up a fight in the day time. But the other two servers have to fight each other. It is in no way the same.

Wanted to address this again. We actually put up a strong fight during prime time, and we put up a decent fight at any time after noon. In fact, see the screenshot below to see how much of a fight we can put up in the day time (not bragging, just don’t want anyone to think we can only night cap).

Attachments:

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: nysta.6713

nysta.6713

It’ll be hard to beat Darkhaven because of their night capping.

nsp australian here – and that’s not technically correct. we get good numbers. but we do tend to ignore the borderlands. while dh seemed to have a large zerg on, it didn’t feel too overwhelming. sometimes our decision to keep attacking before fortifying was like cutting our own ankles to try to run faster. so we’d lose a lot of keeps when dh responded to any of our zergs which died against the wall.

there was also an attack where our full force got split due to miscommunication. this allowed dh to overwhelm us.

that whole “nightcapping” is a too-used excuse, i think, for some bad decisions or lack of concentration. the night before, for example, was epic, and we spread across the map. was quite nice.

but, like i said, we’ve been ignoring our borderlands too much this week.

i don’t know why a lot of people think their servers are “empty” as soon as they log off. populations ebb and flow according to timezones. you might be surprised.

in WvW

Troop.1369

That’s good to know. I’m fairly new on NSP and made the assumption from looking at points early mornings (-5 est timezone) and how it went for us during the day.

in WvW

Posted by: Ceaseless Barlow.4291

Ceaseless Barlow.4291

Our “early morning / day crew” is light on numbers – But, that should be changing soon!

Bar Low | Leader of Ceaseless [oo] | Darkhaven | www.ceaselessguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Zappa.9064

Zappa.9064

Jesus wept – it’s 9:19 Pacific Time which means the American servers should at least have a decent number of Central and West Coast players in the swing of things. But the map’s practically blue. Hats off to DH – they aren’t just romping us at 4 in the morning. Im really hoping we can continue to mount a counteroffensive, but this might be a good week to sit it out, play some Xcom or Borderlands 2, and wait for the Halloween release.

in WvW

Posted by: Flic.6938

Flic.6938

Thats how hard we been hit with transfers on EB, we all on one map at 12.45am est and have the undermanned buff

in WvW

Posted by: Siphon.4592

Siphon.4592

I just wish we (EB) would just hurry up and finish falling to whatever rank we’re actually able to be competitive at. Getting beat up week after week is getting old.

in WvW

Posted by: lemyxienn.2057

lemyxienn.2057

Score update. I can’t help but feel discouraged being from EBay. :/

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

Well it doesn’t help that today in EB that NSP would never leave us alone. We were trying to do our best to take some ground from blue and slow the amount of points that they would get in the night yet NSP WOULD NOT LEAVE US ALONE. 12 hours straight. Seriously. It’s like they are happy with second and just want to make sure we can’t come back.

They got their just reward for it. Ebayer’s got tired of it and pushed back hard and Dark hit them at the same time we did. Which shocked me because we are normally in that position. They lost alot of ground, towers, upgrades, and StoneMist. So NSP and Ebay both got hosed in EB and Dark won the day AND the night.

Really Northern Shiverpeaks, you need to get your stuff together. I know Ehmry Bay is easy points for you but if you have any hope of stealing #1 from Darkhaven you gotta play a bit smarter than that. Because Ehmry Bay might be smaller and disorganized but we can still fight and Darkhaven alone is a hard enough match for you without relentlessly provoking us.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

Oh and I understand why Northern Shiver Peaks goes after our stuff. Less population, lesser upgrades because the towers are traded more, less people to pay for the upgrades, etc. So I really feel like they should disincentive beating up on the small realm for points. You should be aiming for #1, not a comfy second.

Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Disincentivize-attacking-the-weak-realm-to-farm-points/first#post435497

Because I’m tired of this picture. We can barely fight one realm much less both regularly hitting us at the same time because we are easy pickings, ironically making a self fullfilling prophecy.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Oh and I understand why Northern Shiver Peaks goes after our stuff. Less population, lesser upgrades because the towers are traded more, less people to pay for the upgrades, etc. So I really feel like they should disincentive beating up on the small realm for points. You should be aiming for #1, not a comfy second.

Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Disincentivize-attacking-the-weak-realm-to-farm-points/first#post435497

Because I’m tired of this picture. We can barely fight one realm much less both regularly hitting us at the same time because we are easy pickings, ironically making a self fullfilling prophecy.

Well first of all, you are right we did go after soft easy targets, before whatever that is on your land became green it was blue, not red. If we had the means(population) at that time we would’ve gone after DH territory (which me and a small group did actually try). So you aren’t fighting both servers at the same time in that picture, you are only fighting one, blue was the one fighting both. Don’t give yourself too much credit.

[DONE]

in WvW

Posted by: iii.3905

iii.3905

dark haven has got a great oceanic presence now… im loving it.

keep up the good work guys, but do not let winning get in your heads!

DRAW SWORDS MEN!

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-HNN

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Jasott.7914

Jasott.7914

Oceanics, come to Emhry Bay. You know you want to, we have cookies… and the legendary mace, Moot Its a disco ball on a stick.

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

:/. I hate to say this but I’m pretty sure I just saw a Darkhaven thief teleport hack. As if a thief needs it with the number of teleports they have already. Tried to use his Infiltraitor’s Arrow to escape at low hp, but I dodge rolled into range. He then inexplicably teleported sans any animation a couple times in quick succession, stealthed, then returned to kill me.

I’ve seen plenty of thieves and played a thief. It wasn’t shadow shot as he wielded dual daggers and did it away from me (no bunnies either), it wasn’t infiltraitor’s arrow, shadow step, or steal either. No animation, no dark clouds. Looked just like the videos I’ve seen of teleport hacking.

Pretty sad really considering they outnumbered us, were using siege against us (in front of our spawn no less), were heavily abusing thief group invis, and it was just open field late night fighting. Ended my night on a bad note to see such poor sportsmanship capped off by cheating.

NOTE: I’m not saying anything about any server and best I know everyone has played cleanly in everything that counts, though not always wisely.

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

Well first of all, you are right we did go after soft easy targets, before whatever that is on your land became green it was blue, not red. If we had the means(population) at that time we would’ve gone after DH territory (which me and a small group did actually try). So you aren’t fighting both servers at the same time in that picture, you are only fighting one, blue was the one fighting both. Don’t give yourself too much credit.

Hard for me to agree with you since Northern Shiverpeaks hitting Anz and Darkaven hitting Ogres at the same time was a running theme for the night. Also, yall were fielding 40-50 people vs us. We managed to roll Darkhaven a few times included a horribly outnumbered defense of Pang with a single ballsita. That to get back the ogres that they had taken while we were still fighting yall on the other side of the map.

I realize I don’t see all of the battlefield so I look and think very carefully before I state what is happening. Perhaps you could do the same, considering that your forces never drifted further east than Stonemist for most of the day. As such you’d have no clue WHAT we were facing.

So that’s Ehmry Bay actively attacking 2 sides, Darkhaven actively attacking 2 sides, and Northern Shiverpeaks focusing on attacking Ehmry Bay because “you didn’t have the means (population)” to take on the same Darkhaven we managed to roll a few times with far less people.

Some massive props to all the Ehmry Bay people involved in the Darkhaven rolls today. You guys were awesome. If we could only have the rest of the server be that good we could compete even with our low pop.

(edited by Ralathar.7236)

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

So night capping now is having nearly 100% of the map before 11:30pm on a weekend?

in WvW

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

@Arius, that is my point exactly. During the day you put up a normal, sometimes even great fight. So we’re contending with each other for points. Night time comes and its a big joke. I hope you all enjoy pveing the map. If Anet doesn’t fix this, it is just going to end up as a big pve for the one server everybody jumped to.

Day time, server a vs server b vs server c. Points are generally evenly distributed. Night time, Server a vs nobody because they’re all asleep. Nice fun, “evenly valued” play time. You don’t need to be a genius to see how Anet is full of it when they say they value everybodies time equally.

in WvW

Posted by: Lurko.7185

Lurko.7185

We started in NSP’s borderlands at 7PM EDT yesterday. When I entered we only had Bluebriar. When I logged off at 12AM EDT we owned the map. Yay night crew? NSP put up a great fight. Cragtop made me want to pull my hair out with that kitten Treb we couldn’t AE down and some great Balista placement from NSP. The Garrison wall was down for 90% of the time we were trying to push into Cragtop. Luckily we were able to split their defenders a bit when we started hitting SH from the south, but Cragtop was a hard fought battle for us.

On a side note. Thieves are able to get into DB somehow. We had several instances of multiple thieves inside trying to destroy the orb after we had owned it (DB) for several hours. Luckily our scouts got them and we were able to send more over to defend it.

Keep up the fight Darkhaven!

-Commander Wootuz

Wootuz
Guild Leader of Pak’Cafan [Darkhaven]
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

Meh Owning the entire map makes things very boring for everyone…. lol

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Lurko.7185

@Coolmoos we fought hard for the map. It wasn’t wrapped up in a bow for us to just take. And we took it during Primetime East coast time.

Wootuz
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Posted by: Noldat.7018

Noldat.7018

I enjoyed fighting in NSP BL last night. When i logged on we had nothing, my guild and others manged to push Bluebriar and hold it for several hours while we got it reinforced. Ebay put up a very good fight pushing constantly.

It was a lot of fun.

Noldat Rassom <Echo>
Darkhaven

in WvW

Zappa.9064

Question for the DH crew – I’m not that familiar with your server. Are you one of the newer ones making your way up? If so congrats – I think you’re well on your way to moving up a tier or two. GG

It’s pretty much a fight now for NSP to stay in second place and stop our downward slide again.

in WvW

Coolmoos.8546

Just keep in mind… Fighting for second place you will also have to fight First.. You will never win if 3rd place just attacks 2nd place :P

in WvW

Lurko.7185

@Zappa Darkhaven is an original server. We have our ups and downs, however we are getting more and more support and organized in WvW as the weeks progress.

Wootuz
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

@Arius, that is my point exactly. During the day you put up a normal, sometimes even great fight. So we’re contending with each other for points. Night time comes and its a big joke. I hope you all enjoy pveing the map. If Anet doesn’t fix this, it is just going to end up as a big pve for the one server everybody jumped to.

Day time, server a vs server b vs server c. Points are generally evenly distributed. Night time, Server a vs nobody because they’re all asleep. Nice fun, “evenly valued” play time. You don’t need to be a genius to see how Anet is full of it when they say they value everybodies time equally.

We had the map owned before 11 pm though. How is that night capping? Stop making excuses.

Once we took the Overlook fort Ebay just gave up and left and that let us focus all our attention on taking the rest of the map from green in short order. And they (NSP) had just as many defending as we did attacking.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in WvW

Posted by: Afkjosh.3912

Afkjosh.3912

This match was won during the first 48 hours.

Currently Playing ~ Lich Lord Joshua – (Necro)
WvW Rank ~ 2,4xx / WvW Kills ~ 1xx,xxx / PvP Rank ~ 7x
EBAY ~ [Void] → FA/SoS ~ [HOPE] → FA ~ [CM] → FA/DB ~ [TheD] → ?

in WvW

Zappa.9064

Just keep in mind… Fighting for second place you will also have to fight First.. You will never win if 3rd place just attacks 2nd place :P

I agree but let’s face it – and I’m saying this as a realist not a poor loser – first place is locked up. DH has a 40K lead on NSP as of this morning, and it’s nearly lunch time in America. The map is still entirely blue. If there was a daytime cavalry coming for the American servers to “daycap”, they’d be here by now.

I’m really starting to fear a bunch of our people jumped ship after the devestating last hour third place finish in last week’s round. We all poured our heart and souls into that one and still got kicked down a tier.

in WvW

Coolmoos.8546

Trust me.. last weeks battle we fought hard the ENTIRE week.. our scores by friday were all within 1k of each other.. And guess what.. Our rating went UP but we went down a Tier….

So I know how you guys feel. We on NSP have been abandoned once. Now we are struggling to keep a night presence.

All will hopefully work itself out.

in WvW

Posted by: iii.3905

iii.3905

Guild Os,

You guys fought bravely last night and since reset, I feel like you guys are one of the main force and the backbone of NSP. Keep up the great fights, don’t give up, show us everything you got! We are a young server trying to grow and we need to learn all our opponent’s tactics before we can move up a bracket.

For dark havenians, I repeat, DO NOT feel like we have won, remind yourself the lessons learned from Sanctum, nothing is over until the Fat lady sings!!!

FIGHT ON!!!

-Half Naked Norn

in WvW

Posted by: griffdog.3927

griffdog.3927

NSP / EB,

Don’t give up fellas. We (DH) are always strong on the weekends. (from the very first week) We can be had during the week and you can chip away at our lead. Don’t let the score discourage you from trying! As has already been said – this thing is far from over.

Lochost Vandalhart – Warrior
Hurc Hammerborn – Guardian
Legion of Legionnaires [LoL] – Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Radiodread.8469

Radiodread.8469

Obviously there will be random players that will do what they will do, but yesterday during the day time the VAST majority of pvp guilds and players were on green/blue/EB. We made a specific effort to take as much blue off the map as possible. In fact, EB owned the Entirety of their borderlands for a good portion of time. NSP started losing ground in DH BL when red forces showed up in number to cut off supplies and reinforcements to the underseige AB. So… its a 2 way street. We both need to concentrate on blue if we want to perform well this week.

Radiodread, Guardian [Os] NSP
AKA: Darkshines, Schroedingers Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Jasott.7914

Jasott.7914

I fail to see how this is a balanced WvW match. At night Northern Shiverpeaks has everything, or most everything, and at night Darkhaven has everything… while we Emhry Bay only gets… 3-5 camps, 1-2 towers…. and a keep or two if were lucky..