Darkhaven vs. Northern Shiverpeaks vs. Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Second favorite Darkhaven tactic!

Probably it’s the first one.

Ah, Darkhaven, you gave me so many laughs…

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I hate that I have to point this out but there are people who have no clue what they are doing on every server.

Just because you got a screen shot of some one doing that it doesn’t mean those kinds of players can only be found on darkhaven.

in WvW

Posted by: Javy.1697

Javy.1697

I don’t think they should mess with point generation or population caps to address night capping; night capping isn’t the problem. It’s the fact that we’re doing weekly match-ups with server populations still in flux. Once free transfers are out, things should settle naturally.

Servers that benefit from night caps shouldn’t take it so personally when people point out the influence good 24hr coverage has on their score. Likewise, servers without the coverage shouldn’t complain and blame people for simply playing the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

fellyn.5083:

I hate that I have to point this out but there are people who have no clue what they are doing on every server.

Just because you got a screen shot of some one doing that it doesn’t mean those kinds of players can only be found on darkhaven.

It’s true, might as well be just wrong blueprints, but it’s still hilarious.
I played against 80% NA servers and this is the first time I saw a golem behind gates during siege.
Best. WvW. Ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Asklepious.6014

Asklepious.6014

My 2 cents with night capping is… whose night is it? Because the only data centers that are not on the North American data centers are European servers. Therefore Australia and Asia are on the NA servers. To be honest those servers that struggle against non peak hour caps should start looking at recruiting guilds / players from other time zones. Everyone needs to keep in mind that “your” one time zone is not the only time zone that plays on that server. There are guilds all over that play during early day when most North Americans are at work or during the night when North Americans are sleeping. The best way to handle it is by finding that appropriate balance for your server which every major guild out there should strive to seek for helping this balance.

Donn Asklepious – Necromancer
Guild Leader: Get of Fenris [GoF] of Blackgate
http://www.getoffenris.com

(edited by Asklepious.6014)

in WvW

Posted by: Renegret.3564

Renegret.3564

Don’t be ridiculous. Clearly all of server X is stupid because a single person did a single stupid thing.

Also keep in mind that if one person does a glitch or hack on server X, then CLEARLY all of server X is full of hackers and glitchers. Hackers are mutually exclusive to X and don’t exist on my server, server Y, which is also clearly superior.

While we’re on the subject, if server X is winning, then they’re nothing but skilless, glitching nightcampers. If my server, Y, is winning, it’s because the other servers are bad and we have superior tactics.

My logic is infallible, don’t dare try and refute me.

in WvW

fellyn.5083

Don’t be ridiculous. Clearly all of server X is stupid because a single person did a single stupid thing.

Also keep in mind that if one person does a glitch or hack on server X, then CLEARLY all of server X is full of hackers and glitchers. Hackers are mutually exclusive to X and don’t exist on my server, server Y, which is also clearly superior.

While we’re on the subject, if server X is winning, then they’re nothing but skilless, glitching nightcampers. If my server, Y, is winning, it’s because the other servers are bad and we have superior tactics.

Consider me properly reprimanded.

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

You’re just a server X fanboy! Your server is full of noobs and you’re just trying to defend it. haha l2p noob.

Glad this thread is more civil than the last.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Ern.8724

Ern.8724

I logged on at 3:00 pm PST time and Darkhaven controlled half of the territory points. I still don’t get where all this criticism comes from. Yes we have a decent night time. We also have a superb daytime.

If we were only good at night, then the score would reflect that. It doesn’t. I keep seeing NSP people running to their deaths at bluebriar. Are we winning these “fights” because of our “night crew”? No, its because you keep running towards arrow carts!

When this happens and only when this happens, the server numbers will even out and time issues will slowly work themselves out. Matchups will be more even and ppl will
The score last week did reflect it. Darkhaven was absolutely rolled in the daytime, while you dominated everything at night time. NSP would hold nearly everything in the day (with some points being capped by Ehmry and DH day crews), while at night time, DH would control every single thing.

Since you won our last war, the people who flocked to us because we were winning have all left to your server. This includes an infamous, but large, guild named VIP. Although they weren’t good in organized WvW, they did however hold a large presence in WvW throughout the week simply for having such a large amount of players. This has hurt our day crew in that we lost a large amount of our player base to the server that had already beaten us last week. Everyone else has given up. Yesterday, at roughly 8 PM eastern (basically prime time), we had the undermanned buff.

I’m not saying we miss VIP. We’re glad they’re gone. Good luck with them.

tl;dr: your day crew was crap last week. Your night crew carried you to victory. Your server is now full after last week, which is the enormous problem that free server transfers cause.

This whole thread and its most recent arguments amount to exactly this:

ANET NEEDS TO STOP DAILY TRANSFERS.

24 hour transfers are foolish and unnecessary. At the very least, make them weekly only so that WvW match ups wont change so drastically. Why does anyone need to change servers once a day anyway?
Mag is upset (understandably) because ppl on their server have given up on them or simply left (these leaving players are the real problem). But if there is one thing I here over and over on DH is that “These Mag guys are really good”. Our pop is bigger. That’s not something that should be held against us.
NSP is upset because our night crew is better. They killed us last week during the day. While our day crew is getting stronger, we are far from superb as someone said earlier. Ok, your day is better. Your night crew was just as crap as our day. And like our night, your day carried your server so what? To be honest its those ppl that we should all be thanking that’s the hardest part of WvW and many ppl only play when its easy.
Should ppl start complaining abut “day capping”? Most ppl work 9-5 so should WvW get turned off because society works? No. NSP and DH are close match ups and most ppl on DH really like this match up for that reason. Enough with the complaining about things that are always going to need responding to.
The are two real issues:
1. The balance in WvW is off due to server transfers and Anet are the only ones that can fix that. If we keep blaming other servers for the issues (save for the real glitching and exploits) in WvW the responsibility is not being placed where it should be.

2. As Worban said earlier, the keys to winning are varied and mastering all of them is what matters. Be it addressing tactics and building a better playbook, calling out the exploiters on your server so that they don’t make you look bad or realizing that you need to address your day/nite pop weakness in WvW. Only when we take responsibility for our own short comings can they be corrected. Until then it’ll always be someone else s fault.

As I write this, DH is fighting a nice long battle with Mag for control of east keep in DHB. This battle wouldn’t be long if MAG and DH didn’t have similar numbers at 5:35 am est. If we weren’t here would they simply be night capping? Not according to their earlier poster. That wouldn’t be fair. From where I sit Its a great little battle.

in WvW

Posted by: Skapocalypse.5236

Skapocalypse.5236

XD fear Darkhaven’s superior tactics of hiding in bushes. Unicorn really wanted me to post this so here it is.

Yes we sat in that bush the entire time the door was being hit by only two rams. No one showed up and it worked somehow. Why we did it I’ll never know but this is what Darkhaven is all about having fun and being random.

Edit: Youtube finally replaced the audio. Remember the video is meant to be a joke so get some laughs and remember to enjoy yourself in the game.

Skapocalypse/SkaP

(edited by Skapocalypse.5236)

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

They must not have had the “always show enemy/ally names” option toggled.

in WvW

Posted by: Golem.7845

Golem.7845

@Ern: I just wanted to correct your assumption on having equal numbers. Just because most of our server is holed up in one keep and your zerg for that particular battle ground can’t take it, doesn’t mean we have equal numbers in wvw as a whole. Besides it’s a keep, you don’t need equal numbers to defend a keep.

@video: congrats fellas.

various mythrils [AKS] Maguuma
and it paints
http://chenthooran.com/

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Maguuma has already done that to both sides multiples times, as have many other servers. But it’s nice that you have something to be happy about. Why don’t we talk about your efforts against east keep this morning?

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

Posted by: Redvine.2631

Redvine.2631

Sorry to break from the DH character for a moment with all the schoolyard chest puffing and etc., but after taking out those sneaky water gate catapults just now I wanted to say I love fighting Maguuma. Thank you guys, you are some clever kittens.

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Spacedad.2841

Spacedad.2841

I’m glad you’re all enjoying yourselves – we are too. I just wish our servers all had the same timezone coverage and participation so we could fight more directly more often. I don’t care what Anet says – nightcapping is boring and unfun for everyone, and I don’t see how letting it go untouched makes the game ‘fun’ for the players on servers who don’t get to fight anyone but a door.

in WvW

Posted by: Aurainsoph.5426

Aurainsoph.5426

Worban (or anyone else) I will pay you $100 worth of gems if you go on lol reddit and convince them that having uneven team numbers is a good idea and fair in an online game.

I guess its a good thing WvW is a war simulation and not an online game.

You cannot expect every server to recruit guilds for off peak hours and prime time hours, there are not enough players currently playing for 20+ servers for this.

in WvW

Posted by: Toble.2968

Toble.2968

NSP has a community. Albeit new and still forming, our biggest problem is the free server transfers.

We lose by 1k points one week and lost pretty much half the server that friday night. We went from having a que and a competetive game to outmanned buffs and no night capping teams at all.

Although we will still have fun and work on competing, I’m sure none of you expect us, organized or not, to win with such low numbers recently.

Which is fine because after this server transfer palooza thing is over with, balance can be restores and we can float into our rightful tier. so far, this is how the server has gone based on population and the changing of large zerg guilds.

Release: Ascension owns the maps for a good 2 weeks, 6 hours ques.
3rd week: the 1000+ people in the Ascension alliance leave. No que times, lose horribly for a while.
4-6th weeks: Forming the hope allaince, start winning again and start having que times again 30mins-1hr que.
6th week: Lose by 1k points, MANY people leave for some reason, not sure why.
This week and last week: Lost by not so bad, but still no que times, outmanned buffs, and no night capping teams. VIP Leaves (I called it Hollywood ;P) So we have even less people.

Now is not really the time to start rebuilding. We are still gathering number sin the alliance, but with the free transfers, people have no true server loyalty. The only 3 larger guilds that have stuck with the NSP server being a rollercoaster ride of crazy fun have been Os, FINE and TBH. It says something about these guilds and our belief that this is all temporary until Arenanet can restore some stability by getting rid of the free transfers.

Stability will not happen until then. We simply can not build up a population if they level here in our wvw, and then leave the day we lose in a really fun and fair fight. I can pretty much assuredly say that NSP will be losing until the day Free transfers close and people are forced to quit hopping around servers at a whim.

I hope this happens soon because there are some great things going on in the Hope alliance right now!

Teal haired, Bifrost wearing, heal pooping, dot placing, noob.
| Epidemic
| Drenched

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

We have less players than both red and blue and are still holding second place. I’ve had the out-numbered buff on this whole match. lol

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Radiodread.8469

Radiodread.8469

Yeah, I have no problem playing against DH. Last week was fun and somewhat competitive. What I have a problem with is the fickle fairweather players who can’t take placing in 2nd and jump ship everytime their home server loses. This is not a nightcapping issue, its a population issue. The timezone difference merely serves as a catalyst for the issue.

Radiodread, Guardian [Os] NSP
AKA: Darkshines, Schroedingers Mesmer

(edited by Radiodread.8469)

in WvW

Posted by: MATT THE OWNER.7412

MATT THE OWNER.7412

I’m glad everyone is in a unanimous agreement that server transfers are what all of the problems stem from, and from reading some of the other WvW server threads, every problem that a server tends to have boils back to server population.

I don’t think the argument at this point is whether server population or skill is more important in WvW, they’re both equally important variables. I think the main problem is not anything we can solve sadly, since Anet thinks it’s a lovely idea to put off implementing the guesting system for a while longer. I hope after the Halloween event, they address this issue full throttle and solve it soon after, because if this goes on for much longer, WvW will die whether they realize it or not. WvW was one of the biggest selling points for GW2 PvP, I hope they wouldn’t just throw that away just because a small amount of PvE’ers would get upset.

I know Anet says their working really hard to get this issue resolved, but… they need to either work faster or harder than they already are to solve this. Otherwise, the fate of WvW is sealed.

Its A Conspiracy Theory™ – Northern Shiverpeaks – IGN: Matt The Owner

in WvW

fellyn.5083

I think a good solution would be to finally put paid transfers in the game. But give free transfers off the high pop high tier servers to lower tier lower pop servers.

It would cut down on entire guilds band wagoning to already high pop servers and encourage people to go the low pop ones.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

That’s obviously not what I was implying as you should be able to infer from my post history. I’m just trash talking in a hopefully non-insulting way. Heck, in the last thread I posted a screenshot of us building a flame ram against a wall, and it wasn’t even done as a joke! You have to admit that some people on your server doing silly things with golems at least three times in the past day is pretty funny. And by that I mean send me the gold instead because I’m poor.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

or make your character soulbound to the server you wvw with – npc’s, will not honor a character thats not soulbound in wvw, they won’t be able to build sieges, get karma, cash or xp for capping and can not use chat. “your character must be soulbound to do this”

once soulbound, if the player wants to change servers, he must delete his old characters, forget about the past and start new lives with new characters in a new server.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

fellyn.5083

That’s obviously not what I was implying as you should be able to infer from my post history. I’m just trash talking in a hopefully non-insulting way. Heck, in the last thread I posted a screenshot of us building a flame ram against a wall, and it wasn’t even done as a joke! You have to admit that some people on your server doing silly things with golems at least three times in the past day is pretty funny. And by that I mean send me the gold instead because I’m poor.

I suppose I could have lightened up a bit after the uh..serious…tone this thread and the previous one had.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

No big deal. I’m just trying to avoid that part of the thread because it seems rather circular to me.

in WvW

Posted by: Worban.1574

Worban.1574

Realizing I am a controversial figure on these forums, I understand that many from NSP may not like me very much. I am vocal and not always delicate in my tone.

However, I have a great deal of respect for NSP. I was in Mag’s East Hills Keep with about 20 of my DH brothers defending that point for a good six hours from your relentless assault. It was tremendous fun and eventually, you got it. We knew it was only a matter of time because you had our supplies cut off and we could only repair the walls and gates so many times before the inevitable happened.

Your persistence was very impressive and we kept saying in vent how determined you guys were in accomplishing your mission! So hats off for a very well-fought fight that seemed to last forever and NEVER got boring for a single minute!

I just want to say, for what it’s worth, I hope you get more guilds to join your server. You deserve it. You are indeed a fun and friendly group who fights a clean fight. It would be my honor to fight against you again some day. So please hang in there, try to get some good, loyal guilds that will become your friends and climb back up the ladder because you deserve it.

And yes, I want to chime in too and agree with everyone here that free transfers need to stop. I like the idea earlier of allowing free transfers from over-populated top-tier servers. If they drop down a few brackets to help those with lower pops, that should be allowed.

in WvW

Besetment.9187

What server time was that? We tried assaulting East Keep at around 4pm or 5pm PST but I made a fatal error and told my shoal of magfish to follow reticle into the Lord’s room and burst at the top of the stairs. Didn’t see the ballista which proved catastrophic and killed us all stone dead.

Wasn’t expecting one of the ballistas to be in front of the alter. Doh. But that inner keep is nasty. Orb + 10 players + the right configuration of arrow carts and ballistas = possible to hold that location indefinitely against gigantic 60 man Zergs.

Next time, if I can’t get a counter ballista up or if the Keep lord ballistas do not have line of sight from the bridge, I’m going to try something mental if I have enough players. Like a 10 man portal bomb where the mesmer runs with a 20 man stack under cover of Mass Invisibility with a 10/10 split at the top of the stairs. Drop the exit portal, bomb and hope we don’t all die horribly.

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

Just like others said the problem is server transfers. We at NSP lose 1 match and people transfer to a wining server. I find it really sad when people do this.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

in WvW

Posted by: Windmoor.9834

Windmoor.9834

Frankly, I’m getting fed up with all the whinning. Nightcapping is only an issue to those that can’t play at night. There 3 options to counter nightcapping:

1) Recruit a night crew
2) Stay up all night
3) Stronger day/evening crew

Any one of these options would halt nightcapping instantly. Any other suggestion to change WvW from Anet’s side is just whinning.

Pop vs. Pop; This is just funny to hear. Do people realize that the server pop has nothing to do with the WvW pop? A server, correct me if I’m wrong, has a pop limit of around 40,000. While the WvW pop limit is 166 per map. Are you trying to tell me there are not 664 people on a server? If there was 1 server that low Anet would have merged it for not being cost effective. Stop whinning on the forums and get in LA and whine in map chat.

The only ligitimate whine i hear is the free transfers. This was set up to balance servers and get people with thier friends at launch…..2 FRICKEN MONTHS AGO!! I’m sorry, Anet can give no excuse that could justify delaying this as long as they have. “Working on it”, just don’t cut it anymore. “Wiating for servers to balance”, ain’t cutting it anymore. Frankly its actually making it worse.

I started thinking they were holding out for the major Alliances to break up, but that happened over 2 weeks ago. I now believe they can’t get guesting system working correctly and are using transfers to compinsate. They said before launch that if you transfered you would not be allowed to WvW till the next match up; What happened to that idea?? If they can’t block your toon from WvW, then take transfer requests and only do the transfers on Friday at 7:30pm EST. Thats 30 min from rematch.

I’m sorry for the tangent I’m on, but its so tiring to keep hearing the same kitten over and over and over….again.

To NSP: Stop making excuses. We have lost, so what?! Like I said last week we needed a wake up call and we had a choice to get out of bed or continue sleeping and miss the show. Guess what? The show is half over, are YOU ready to get out of bed yet?

Don’t fear the unknown, CONQUER IT!!!

in WvW

Posted by: tealover.3491

tealover.3491

Just like others said the problem is server transfers. We at NSP lose 1 match and people transfer to a wining server. I find it really sad when people do this.

I find it super sad as well. With no true reward at the end of each week save for moving up in the ranks it really kills the whole idea of server pride.

We at Mag may not be winning but had tons of fun battles this weekend!

Dork Age of Canteloupe [DAoC]
The Pangolins Den [PANG]
~~~ Maguuma ~~~

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I find it super sad as well. With no true reward at the end of each week save for moving up in the ranks it really kills the whole idea of server pride.

We at Mag may not be winning but had tons of fun battles this weekend!

Meh, Maguuma hasn’t built up server pride around winning. I really think we’ve built up a good community that is proud of what they do despite losing almost every match. I think NSP could learn from that Of course, I could be totally wrong and we might suddenly lose everyone if we sink lower

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

What I find odd on Maguuma is that Friday night, all 3 borderlands were full and had queues. We ended up with all 3 orbs and dominated. Come Saturday we could only queue up one borderland at most. Where’d everyone go?

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: hobbes.6178

hobbes.6178

I think a good solution would be to finally put paid transfers in the game. But give free transfers off the high pop high tier servers to lower tier lower pop servers.

It would cut down on entire guilds band wagoning to already high pop servers and encourage people to go the low pop ones.

Sir, that is a great idea imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Sir, that is a great idea imo.

Bulk transfer of guilds from high pop to other servers is what’s causing the mismatch. The ranking system doesn’t account for this and ruins WvW fun. Server transfer should just stop so that the ranking system actually means something.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

The overall problem and aggression with all of this is, yet again, thanks to Sanctum of Rall. This is not Darkhaven’s tier. Maguuma and NSP are treating us like we’re right next to them, or even worse. We’re not. I’ve said this before but I guess it keeps falling on deaf ears.

During Rall vs SF vs DH, this is what the map used to always look like. Rall didn’t put up much of a fight at all.

And then the wvw week ended with Rall winning with 4 times the amount of points SF and DH had combined. A lot can be accomplished with a fly and ohko hack. At random times during the night properties would just change colors without notice.

This is why we plummeted all the way to the bottom. This was never supposed to happen. If things went properly, Maguuma and DH would have been facing each other the week after the first.

But no. We’re not the mighty server. We’re the server that’s ascending through the ranks through luck alone due to this imaginary and dominating night crew you guys keep bringing up. You want to know how many people took your keep in EB last night? 20. That is not a night crew.

Attachments:

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in WvW

Kita.7819

What I find odd on Maguuma is that Friday night, all 3 borderlands were full and had queues. We ended up with all 3 orbs and dominated. Come Saturday we could only queue up one borderland at most. Where’d everyone go?

Well in all honesty, and this applies to every server, people are much more active in WvW during the day of the reset than they are later in the week. No Siege is built, no zergs are formed, no fortifications are up, that stuff.

Kita – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: rias.6872

rias.6872

Something about Maguuma portal bombs and zerg stacking.

They pull it off really well when they were defending a tower and wiped Darkhaven’s zerg force. Bunch of GOON and few other guilds inside that stack. Around 30-40 came out of the stack after we wiped. Very organized. Very disciplined.

They then proceeded to easily bring down walls to AB keep in DH Map. Funny thing is, everything they do reach Lord’s area… the offensive force seems to be weak and they wiped. Same thing happened few hours ago too. They were already at Lord’s area. But they just stack at wall and siege us… even though they outnumbered us.

You guys should have just charged at us. So sometimes Maguuma pull off very nice and organized portal bombs and defense …. but at the same time your guilds do some questionable tactics or actions that made me go, Huh? Why they do that? They could’ve wiped us.

Xrande – Darkhaven Server
Circle of Kakis Guild
GMT +8 Asian Timezone – We are Recruiting! Weekly WvW and Dungeons!

in WvW

Kita.7819

They pull it off really well when they were defending a tower and wiped Darkhaven’s zerg force. Bunch of GOON and few other guilds inside that stack. Around 30-40 came out of the stack after we wiped. Very organized. Very disciplined.

They then proceeded to easily bring down walls to AB keep in DH Map. Funny thing is, everything they do reach Lord’s area… the offensive force seems to be weak and they wiped. Same thing happened few hours ago too. They were already at Lord’s area. But they just stack at wall and siege us… even though they outnumbered us.

You guys should have just charged at us. So sometimes Maguuma pull off very nice and organized portal bombs and defense …. but at the same time your guilds do some questionable tactics or actions that made me go, Huh? Why they do that? They could’ve wiped us.

I’d ask SomethingAwful that question, but I’m not really into paying 10 dollars for what is essentially an older version of Reddit.

Kita – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

The overall problem and aggression with all of this is, yet again, thanks to Sanctum of Rall. This is not Darkhaven’s tier. Maguuma and NSP are treating us like we’re right next to them, or even worse. We’re not. I’ve said this before but I guess it keeps falling on deaf ears.

During Rall vs SF vs DH, this is what the map used to always look like. Rall didn’t put up much of a fight at all.

And then the wvw week ended with Rall winning with 4 times the amount of points SF and DH had combined. A lot can be accomplished with a fly and ohko hack. At random times during the night properties would just change colors without notice.

This is why we plummeted all the way to the bottom. This was never supposed to happen. If things went properly, Maguuma and DH would have been facing each other the week after the first.

But no. We’re not the mighty server. We’re the server that’s ascending through the ranks through luck alone due to this imaginary and dominating night crew you guys keep bringing up. You want to know how many people took your keep in EB last night? 20. That is not a night crew.

Quoted for future reference when DH fails to break T3.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Javy.1697

Javy.1697

I’d ask SomethingAwful that question, but I’m not really into paying 10 dollars for what is essentially an older version of Reddit.

Minus the pedophilia, naturally.

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

We don’t know how many of you are there. We have rendering problems too.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Kita.7819

Quoted for future reference when DH fails to break T3.

I belittled my own server and you respond by belittling my own server, but done in a way to criticize me.

Okay.

Kita – Guardian

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Not like Darkhaven isn’t conservative in advancing into keeps. Last night you were taking west keep on some borderlands and we were all stacked by the altar waiting for you to come in after the trebs breached the inner wall. There must have been at least two times as many of you as there were of us, we made several attempts to try and take down the trebs but there were just way too many. Instead of rushing in you built a catapult on the inner wall and tried to hit us with it. Every commander has different tactics and hindsight is 20/20. That’s all there is to it.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

We took AB on the second attempt without issue. Sometimes stuff works, sometimes it doesn’t. No shame in failing imo. It’d rather fail with a organized strategy then mindlessly succeed through pure luck or numbers.

We were probably outnumbered when we failed to defend the lord room though. There was 15-20 of us at that specific time with no real siege set up. We could’ve defended it easily if we set up a proper defense but we didn’t so it fell.

(edited by Rhyis.7058)

in WvW

Posted by: Reido Kyuuten.4709

Reido Kyuuten.4709

1. SoR beat DH handily because of haxx
2. SoR gets an influx of WvW player base
3. NSP goes back and forth w/ SoR all week, leading the majority of the time (where 3-4 of the maps had queue times all week), and goes first to worst in the home stretch
4. NSP loses part of its dedicated WvW base (which holds 664 players at a time as someone earlier mentioned so any loss of dedicated WvW is a significant loss)
5. DH and NSP match up with DH getting the jump on a bummed out NSP
6. NSP makes a ~48hr run at DH’s lead, cutting it from 50-60k to 20k and then not doing anything for the last ~12hrs due to inevitability
7. NSP loses more of its dedicated WvW base (though nobody liked VIP anyway)
8. Mag, DH, and NSP match up and it is close for the first ~5-10hrs during which NSP somehow musters up enough manpower to have queues going in 2 of the 4 maps
9. NSP straddles outmanned buff in at least 3 maps from Saturday late morning-afternoon EST onward
10. DH forum poster uses ability to capture a keep with 20 people as a reflection of their skill and lack of their late night numbers rather than as a reflection of opponents’ late night numbers and ability to defend against small forces
11. DH forum posters continue to use NSP as a measuring stick while also saying NSP doesn’t measure up while also using 2 week old match vs SoR as a measuring stick for their server superiority

tl;dr: seems legit

in WvW

Posted by: russia.9057

russia.9057

XD fear Darkhaven’s superior tactics of hiding in bushes. Unicorn really wanted me to post this so here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9x6fcsXhHk

Yes we sat in that bush the entire time the door was being hit by only two rams. No one showed up and it worked somehow. Why we did it I’ll never know but this is what Darkhaven is all about having fun and being random.
Edit: Youtube finally replaced the audio. Remember the video is meant to be a joke so get some laughs and remember to enjoy yourself in the game.

Usually when people are sleeping they aren’t able to defend towers or keeps.

Realizing I am a controversial figure on these forums, I understand that many from NSP may not like me very much. I am vocal and not always delicate in my tone.

Nah it’s not like that. I’m certain most people have no clue who you are, so your reputation is fine.

Soviet
www.twitch.tv/sovietgw2

in WvW

Besetment.9187

You guys should have just charged at us.

Can’t comment on that particular battle you are referring to but when we roll into any big army its hard to tell how many of you there are because most of you will be invisible. So we tend to spread aoes looking for damage numbers to pop up and then relay the distance and direction in voice comms. We burst stack either to create confusion and/or to reduce damage taken against aoes that bypass 5 target limit. For example, we have to burst stack against alot of Keep Lord defence that employs ballistas and arrow carts (which honestly, is most of them).

But yes sometimes we make mistakes and bad judgement calls. Alot of us are still learning. Ehhh, I would say that you never really stop learning.

I still run off cliffs accidentally because I’ve been taught to spend a ridiculous amount of play time autorunning with the map up. At this point I’m paranoid about crossed swords. Just like anything you can lose perspective about whats real and what matters, (like not taking your whole team off a cliff with you), when theres so many things going on that you hesitate and make snap decisions or simply guess under the time pressure. I’m assured by those better than me that these are mistakes you have to make for yourself and you overcome them with experience.

Yesterday I got a 30 man team to follow me into inner east keep even though I neglected to check ballista placement. We all died. They must have thought I knew what I was doing or something…Sorry guys and girls.

(edited by Besetment.9187)

in WvW

Posted by: Reido Kyuuten.4709

Reido Kyuuten.4709

1. SoR beat DH handily because of haxx
2. SoR gets an influx of WvW player base
3. NSP goes back and forth w/ SoR all week, leading the majority of the time (where 3-4 of the maps had queue times all week), and goes first to worst in the home stretch
4. NSP loses part of its dedicated WvW base (which holds 664 players at a time as someone earlier mentioned so any loss of dedicated WvW is a significant loss)
5. DH and NSP match up with DH getting the jump on a bummed out NSP
6. NSP makes a ~48hr run at DH’s lead, cutting it from 50-60k to 20k and then not doing anything for the last ~12hrs due to inevitability
7. NSP loses more of its dedicated WvW base (though nobody liked VIP anyway)
8. Mag, DH, and NSP match up and it is close for the first ~5-10hrs during which NSP somehow musters up enough manpower to have queues going in 2 of the 4 maps
9. NSP straddles outmanned buff in at least 3 maps from Saturday late morning-afternoon EST onward
10. DH forum poster uses ability to capture a keep with 20 people as a reflection of their skill and lack of their late night numbers rather than as a reflection of opponents’ late night numbers and ability to defend against small forces
11. DH forum posters continue to use NSP as a measuring stick while also saying NSP doesn’t measure up while also using 2 week old match vs SoR as a measuring stick for their server superiority

tl;dr: seems legit

Wow you seem mad. Shame lengthy forum posts can’t change WvW scores.

I was just trying to follow the facts and thought processes lol. Looks like I came to the same endpoint as you. Good work bro (:

So, just between us, are we still allying against Maguuma because they are evil? I’d like to continue working with GW2’s honorable and elite police task force

tl;dr: man, I’m so glad server WvW scores reflect my intellect, ability, and contribution

(edited by Reido Kyuuten.4709)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Darkhaven is all about having fun and being random.

Don’t kid yourself, there’s actually strat and planning that go into that first night, and an alliance meeting of the guilds.

The fun comes after ;-) … for example … my friends and I wanted a break from the standard. So we felt like trebbing a wall, for the hell of it. No we had no intention of taking the keep, just wanted to treb a wall. So we set up shop 2 trebs, a ballista and an arrow cart (was in defensive locations for our scout) over at the supply camp, and began our fun. Surely enough a group of maguuma guys (pretty sure) came. there was only 5 or so, so we popped off and laid them down. Popped back on the trebs while our third member scouted for the inc’s.

Next wave was little more, and they got us. But … we had a blast. We could care less about the 60 silver can be made in what 30-45 mins? It was all for fun. And yeah we got the reinforced wall down to 60%. But the biggest takeaway – it was different and enjoyable.

Night 1 is different. It’s based on cross map strategies and quick movement, and to the guy who (way back in the thread) who said ooo DH you night cap, and suck during the day we beat you 10 versus us 3… <<- this happens to your server from ours as well, so my apologies for stooping so low as to publicize this, no one cares. Heard it before, don’t care about emotions. We’ll be fine. We have fun, we will win, we will lose… but we will execute on we we plan to do. Whether business or pleasure.

Tired of the forums /tone re: night capping

But … I enjoyed the first 24 hours friday night. That was alot of fun. Yes, even the trebbing of SM, finally … and forking out 1g54s for reinforced walls/doors … (pocket book what? we all have bank and spend on our pleasures without any expectations – so pocket book smiles when we lighten the load for a good cause)

See ya in tonight, whether 1,5, 10 who knows … but you can count on some more random fun if theirs fun to be had.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in WvW

Posted by: hobbes.6178

hobbes.6178

That video was awesome! I liked how it was 7 minutes long and you managed to take a tower with the door already at 10%. classic! nice work!