Darkhaven vs. Northern Shiverpeaks vs. Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

So, just between us, are we still allying against Maguuma because they are evil? I’d like to continue working with GW2’s honorable and elite police task force

You might be sad to hear people from Maguuma spotted Darkhaven using the exact same tactics that were previously being complained about. Your honorable and elite police task force has been corrupted to the dark side.

Of course, I have no screenshots, so I could be making all of this up.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Reido Kyuuten.4709

Reido Kyuuten.4709

So, just between us, are we still allying against Maguuma because they are evil? I’d like to continue working with GW2’s honorable and elite police task force

You might be sad to hear people from Maguuma spotted Darkhaven using the exact same tactics that were previously being complained about. Your honorable and elite police task force has been corrupted to the dark side.

Haha, I actually saw both sides glitch through gates within the first 16hrs of this round of WvW. Then an alliance was called for to punish the few on a server that was explicitly NOT being judged on their few players. That hilarity on top of seeing tears over culling from thieves from the FOX News of GW2 (DH forum posters—nothing gets into that bubble) were the highlights of this matchup.

tl;dr: Those who yell loudest and cite heresay first are the most righteous.

(edited by Reido Kyuuten.4709)

in WvW

Posted by: Arforyon.1746

Arforyon.1746

That was a really good battle on that tower, the one in the video. You guys did well, managed to take out all of the 2 people on the map.

[Maguuma]
Thoros Myr – Level 80 Guardian

in WvW

Reido Kyuuten.4709

That was a really good battle on that tower, the one in the video. You guys did well, managed to take out all of the 2 people on the map.

^rofl

Also, since it seems that alot of people here don’t know:

It doesn’t show up as crossed swords on the map when just the rams are attacking a gate.

So except for the small window when the NPC’s are being attacked and then when people actually start attacking the low health gate, nobody knows you’re there. And then when people find out, unless it is literally the only thing going on in the map, there is already a zerg nearby, or if it is near a WP, you’re gonna break through that gate anyway. It’s a fairly common tactic to use when you can get non-hivemind players together.

The fact that no one else pointed this out so far paired up with the fact that everyone talks here about how better skilled they/their servers are tactically and it doesn’t have to do with hourly WvW population totally makes sense lol.

tl;dr: nice

(edited by Reido Kyuuten.4709)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

The fact that no one else pointed this out so far paired up with the fact that everyone talks here about how better skilled they/their servers are tactically and it doesn’t have to do with hourly WvW population totally makes sense lol.

Eh, tl;dw video for me. Considering we took a garrison on day one with this exact tactic, I don’t think that omission really matters.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Can I ask a question to Maguuma and NSP … a serious one, don’t kid yourselves. We’re all about trying to understand our enemy better to improve

Is it more fun to you to go into a queue-less WvW map whenever you like, and run the giant exploration zone seeing nil friend in sight…

Or is it more fun to log in here and pick an instance to gather behind and say “huzzah – you are all based off of this”?

I mean small victories are small victories (and celebrate them like a champ- heck why not… it wouldn’t be fun without it) but when you’re counting pennies in your pocket for a ticket on the short bus … maybe there’s bigger issues.

Just saying… don’t knock the #‘s because they had #’s-not much but still more than 2 … and time apparently … really 10 mins and you couldn’t get another warm body or two to care? It’s unfortunate.

If you guys want some comp – its mostly there day1-3 … all the comp guilds tend to lighten off and just keep an eye out as the week progresses. We’ll still be in there-just not to the extent where you may consider it worthy of your people who are not showing up to fill the other slots. I’ve had plenty of good battles here and there, sporadically at best since Friday night… but will keep an eye out ;-)

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I may be really tired, but I seriously have no idea what you are asking.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

I know that post was written in english, but I have no idea what was just said.

in WvW

Reido Kyuuten.4709

Can I ask a question to Maguuma and NSP … a serious one, don’t kid yourselves. We’re all about trying to understand our enemy better to improve … is it more fun to you to go into a queue-less WvW map whenever you like and run the giant explorative zone seeing nil friend in sight, or more fun to log in here and pick an instance to gather behind and say “huzzah – you are all based off of this”? I mean small victories are small victories (and celebrate them like a champ- heck why not… it wouldn’t be fun without it) but when you’re counting pennies in your pocket for a ticket on the short bus … maybe there’s bigger issues.

Just saying… don’t knock the #‘s because they had #’s-not much but still more than 2 … and time apparently … really 10 mins and you couldn’t get another warm body or two to care? It’s unfortunate.

If you guys want some comp – its mostly there day1-3 … all the comp guilds tend to lighten off and just keep an eye out as the week progresses. We’ll still be in there-just not to the extent where you may consider it worthy of your people who are not showing up to fill the other slots. I’ve had plenty of good battles here and there, sporadically at best since Friday night… but will keep an eye out ;-)

I’m with saiyr and Rhyis, here lol. Can you tl;dr that for me, big shot?

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

I think he was making fun of my mom but I can’t tell.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Hexin.5603

I simply think it’s silly your knocking guys who took over a keep (no mama jokes, that’s just rude) against the 2 whole guys, but because they took so long on a 10% gate, that’s there fault? When it should have easily been defended but no one cared to care from your side? I mean… they still took it regardless, the silly part is the fact that no one would come up to defend it. Not the fact they took so long to get in, or had numbers (still after 7 or 10 minutes).

Let them feel proud, heck they might be a new guild to WvW celebrating their first victory – no ones knows. But don’t knock em for something your guys could have (or should have prevented). Not everything is planned always. I don’t see my big ugly norn in there, so no news reel high/low lights for me. But who knows it could have been our trebs earlier that contributed to some of the damage there.

If you were on back on Friday from reset, you’d know we have organized attacks and defenses, much like you

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I would be more inclined to let them feel proud if it was during prime time. I’m not going to knock them for figuring out the X trick, but I’m not remotely impressed.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

i’ll settle this! – it’s a game and we are having fun bashing each others brains out, if scores didn’t matter – maybe we should make a date to have epic battles with most attendees.

let’s not forget we are all fun loving people that really just want epic battles.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Mug.9403

Mug.9403

Second favorite Darkhaven tactic!

Probably it’s the first one.

Ah, Darkhaven, you gave me so many laughs…

And… those are the people you are losing to? :P

One thing I’ve noticed on all servers, once you start “losing”, your queues go away. It’s the fair weather WvWers that annoy me. DH is no different.

Edit: I should put “losing” in quotes.

in WvW

Hexin.5603

Hallowe’en EB WvW Thunderdome cage match? Knock down all the doors to SM and everyone battle in the courtyards ?

in WvW

Ninein.4782

Second favorite Darkhaven tactic!

Probably it’s the first one.

Ah, Darkhaven, you gave me so many laughs…

And… those are the people you are losing to? :P

One thing I’ve noticed on all servers, once you start “losing”, your queues go away. It’s the fair weather WvWers that annoy me. DH is no different.

Edit: I should put “losing” in quotes.

If they weren’t on your server, you’ll be laughing pretty hard. Come on Alpha Siege, right in front of the door with a bunch of defenders already on the wall.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Reido Kyuuten.4709

I simply think it’s silly your knocking guys who took over a keep (no mama jokes, that’s just rude) against the 2 whole guys, but because they took so long on a 10% gate, that’s there fault? When it should have easily been defended but no one cared to care from your side? I mean… they still took it regardless, the silly part is the fact that no one would come up to defend it. Not the fact they took so long to get in, or had numbers (still after 7 or 10 minutes).

Let them feel proud, heck they might be a new guild to WvW celebrating their first victory – no ones knows. But don’t knock em for something your guys could have (or should have prevented). Not everything is planned always. I don’t see my big ugly norn in there, so no news reel high/low lights for me. But who knows it could have been our trebs earlier that contributed to some of the damage there.

If you were on back on Friday from reset, you’d know we have organized attacks and defenses, much like you

Ok, so that’s what I thought you meant…and no I can’t do that right now cuz I’m busy getting famous on someone’s livestream in Henge of Denravi right now and two-wolfpacking a comeback in that slaughter of a WvW match.

in WvW

Posted by: Mandena.6109

Mandena.6109

The overall problem and aggression with all of this is, yet again, thanks to Sanctum of Rall. This is not Darkhaven’s tier. Maguuma and NSP are treating us like we’re right next to them, or even worse. We’re not. I’ve said this before but I guess it keeps falling on deaf ears.

During Rall vs SF vs DH, this is what the map used to always look like. Rall didn’t put up much of a fight at all.

And then the wvw week ended with Rall winning with 4 times the amount of points SF and DH had combined. A lot can be accomplished with a fly and ohko hack. At random times during the night properties would just change colors without notice.

This is why we plummeted all the way to the bottom. This was never supposed to happen. If things went properly, Maguuma and DH would have been facing each other the week after the first.

But no. We’re not the mighty server. We’re the server that’s ascending through the ranks through luck alone due to this imaginary and dominating night crew you guys keep bringing up. You want to know how many people took your keep in EB last night? 20. That is not a night crew.

1. SoR beat DH handily because of haxx
2. SoR gets an influx of WvW player base
3. NSP goes back and forth w/ SoR all week, leading the majority of the time (where 3-4 of the maps had queue times all week), and goes first to worst in the home stretch
4. NSP loses part of its dedicated WvW base (which holds 664 players at a time as someone earlier mentioned so any loss of dedicated WvW is a significant loss)
5. DH and NSP match up with DH getting the jump on a bummed out NSP
6. NSP makes a ~48hr run at DH’s lead, cutting it from 50-60k to 20k and then not doing anything for the last ~12hrs due to inevitability
7. NSP loses more of its dedicated WvW base (though nobody liked VIP anyway)
8. Mag, DH, and NSP match up and it is close for the first ~5-10hrs during which NSP somehow musters up enough manpower to have queues going in 2 of the 4 maps
9. NSP straddles outmanned buff in at least 3 maps from Saturday late morning-afternoon EST onward
10. DH forum poster uses ability to capture a keep with 20 people as a reflection of their skill and lack of their late night numbers rather than as a reflection of opponents’ late night numbers and ability to defend against small forces
11. DH forum posters continue to use NSP as a measuring stick while also saying NSP doesn’t measure up while also using 2 week old match vs SoR as a measuring stick for their server superiority

tl;dr: seems legit

Wow you seem mad. Shame lengthy forum posts can’t change WvW scores.

tl;dr My server is better than yours. We are superior so you must be mad about it.

Funny how a good portion of DH player posts in these threads tend to always have a stab somewhere in the paragraphs of text saying that they are winning so they are right. Most delusional posters I’ve seen so far on the official forums.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

Fine, Bring it on!! A Halloween Death Match!! whomever holds SM at an agreed time by all servers is the winner of the match – regardless of the score!!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

I would be more inclined to let them feel proud if it was during prime time. I’m not going to knock them for figuring out the X trick, but I’m not remotely impressed.

So we can feel good only if we’re beating other servers in their primetime?

What about servers that day cap us? Are they allowed to feel proud during that time?

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

in WvW

saiyr.3071

So we can feel good only if we’re beating other servers in their primetime?

What about servers that day cap us? Are they allowed to feel proud during that time?

Perhaps I miscommunicated. What I meant to say is, feel proud all you want, but don’t expect other people to be impressed. But to answer your other question, I think it is pretty silly to brag about any fight that is so lopsided. But don’t let me stop you from doing that, if you are so inclined.

in WvW

Hexin.5603

Ok, so that’s what I thought you meant…and no I can’t do that right now cuz I’m busy getting famous on someone’s livestream in Henge of Denravi right now and two-wolfpacking a comeback in that slaughter of a WvW match.

Which sounds much more enjoyable then knocking some ‘more than likely’ new players on forums. At least imo.

People who know our server, know our leading guilds, and while we still have a long way to go, we’re getting there. No, we’re no HoD or JQ … or any top tier. But we are working to get there ;-) and we’ll win some, and lose some but learn every week.

It’s things like the above knock that appear immature and desperate, myself included for getting sucked into it (it’s frustrating to admit). I could add I saw some new server members running into and dying in the fray of a keep takeover – same scenario – running up to an oil spill and laying by the door waiting for a res, only to have his friend dirt nap in 5 seconds(yes, our own server). But it could just be that some of those guys are at that point of the learning curve right now and can learn not to do it again.

Fine, Bring it on!! A Halloween Death Match!! whomever holds SM at an agreed time by all servers is the winner of the match – regardless of the score!!

See now that sounds like fun.

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

LOL @ pointless video

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Reido Kyuuten.4709

Which sounds much more enjoyable then knocking some ‘more than likely’ new players on forums. At least imo.

People who know our server, know our leading guilds, and while we still have a long way to go, we’re getting there. No, we’re no HoD or JQ … or any top tier. But we are working to get there ;-) and we’ll win some, and lose some but learn every week.

It’s things like the above knock that appear immature and desperate, myself included for getting sucked into it (it’s frustrating to admit). I could add I saw some new server members running into and dying in the fray of a keep takeover – same scenario – running up to an oil spill and laying by the door waiting for a res, only to have his friend dirt nap in 5 seconds(yes, our own server). But it could just be that some of those guys are at that point of the learning curve right now and can learn not to do it again.

See now that sounds like fun.

You heard it here first. Hexin just agreed that the DH forum posters are noobs lol. (:

in WvW

Hexin.5603

Hehehe … nice. Thanks for that. We’ll keep our eye out for learning opps, just keep in mind, we’re coming – maybe not too soon, but we’re coming if it takes 1 tier at a time.

/edit I knew I was walking into that when I wrote it. Everything has to be misconstrewed, but it’s fun regardless (you know what I’m talking about) while your WvW fraps’ing and hitting the forum

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in WvW

Ninein.4782

I remember that “Darkhaven’s superior tactics of hiding in bushes” fight. I was the guy on the mortar while all of you ran past me to the lord room. I just mortared you guys repeatedly because we were outnumbered. Only reason we lost that tower was that your main zerg (led by that shirtless norn warrior dude) showed up in time.

Ninein
-Maguuma

(edited by Ninein.4782)

in WvW

Posted by: hobbes.6178

hobbes.6178

^rofl

Also, since it seems that alot of people here don’t know:

It doesn’t show up as crossed swords on the map when just the rams are attacking a gate.

So except for the small window when the NPC’s are being attacked and then when people actually start attacking the low health gate, nobody knows you’re there. And then when people find out, unless it is literally the only thing going on in the map, there is already a zerg nearby, or if it is near a WP, you’re gonna break through that gate anyway. It’s a fairly common tactic to use when you can get non-hivemind players together.

tl;dr: nice

haha, you honestly think Maguuma doesn’t know about this tactic? Did you know you can make it so cross swords never show, even on guards? =)

You still got some learning to do bud.

(edited by hobbes.6178)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Thanks Dh for not being a craptard camping in puzzle, you iLL on the other hand, stop taking space up in WvW and go run bots for crying out loud if all you can do is camp people on the top of the well and so on.

Edit- also everyone, please report or just discourage anyone exploiting game, namely wall jump glitches, Im getting sick of overpowered shot-ing DH mestards off cliffs around garrison.

Attachments:

(edited by Lord Aargadon.4135)

in WvW

Posted by: Cufflink.3985

Cufflink.3985

Hmm regardless of petty inter-server tactics whining, I’ve had a ton of fun this week.

Earlier today when all servers were fairly low-pop’d I made quite a few badges just sitting on the outside of the NSP zerg attacking the northwest corner of SM and the DH zerg, and fighting whoever decided to come attack me. If you fought me and got the /salute, you were a tough opponent (I was the sword/dagger Maguuma thief standing just south of the bridge between Anza and SM)!

And before my server whines at me for not working as a team, it was rather disorganized at that time period with no clear objectives : /

in WvW

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

@ saiyr:

I suppose that’s fair. I haven’t bragged much at all. I just enjoy the show of this thread. It’s fun!

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Mandena.6109

Mandena.6109

Thanks Dh for not being a craptard camping in puzzle, you iLL on the other hand, stop taking space up in WvW and go run bots for crying out loud if all you can do is camp people on the top of the well and so on.

Actually a whole slew of DH were camping the beginning and end of the JP earlier with ballistas and arrow carts and all.

in WvW

Lord Aargadon.4135

At the time a DH and I had walked through for a bit trying to defend eachother from pesky campers, Im not saying Magumma is stupid or DH is kind, Im saying don’t be a kitten and ruin the fun for others, I get leaving a trap here or there, its a jumping puzzle after all, but loading the path with marks and camping in numbers for badges is pathetic.

Also! if you know people taking advantage of culling, discourage them, its stupid and in the long run with how much you hurt other peoples motivation to play, you’re actually making it harder for everyone to make profit.

Edit- The plague killing WvW= The players
The cure to save WvW= The players acting as a community

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Farming PvE players in a PvP specific zone sounds like my kind of fun. I fully endorse all players to continue doing such actions.

in WvW

Lord Aargadon.4135

Farming PvE players in a PvP specific zone sounds like my kind of fun. I fully endorse all players to continue doing such actions.

Yeah its definitely a PvP specific zone, you know with all those npc’s everywhere(sarcasm may be included)

Edit- Sorry ‘bout that I just contradicted myself, please let me apologize and give a word on the forums; don’t follow what I did, please keep this thread civil and act as a community, help other players, teach them tactics, and prepare them for future.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Until you can start killing players inside Queensdale, I would have to say the WvW zones are as PvP centric as ones going to find in this game. Killing the opposing faction inside those zones is exactly what you’re supposed to do, stop crying about it.

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I’ve noticed a trend as Darkhaven goes higher in the ranks and I hope it doesn’t continue. The higher we get in ranks the more hostile people get and the more forum pvp we see. Sadly I gave in and guilty of this too. The worst part of this is that people from darkhaven are just as – if not – more guilty of this than people from other servers.

So I’m asking everyone, specifically my fellows on DH, can we just all cut the mud slinging and keep it friendly and competitive? We don’t need a second thread locked.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in WvW

Lord Aargadon.4135

I’ve noticed a trend as Darkhaven goes higher in the ranks and I hope it doesn’t continue. The higher we get in ranks the more hostile people get and the more forum pvp we see. Sadly I gave in and guilty of this too. The worst part of this is that people from darkhaven are just as – if not – more guilty of this than people from other servers.

So I’m asking everyone, specifically my fellows on DH, can we just all cut the mud slinging and keep it friendly and competitive? We don’t need a second thread locked.

Thanks for saying that, forum pvp is a great way of putting it. By the way, could someone get on and post a score update before DH night caps everything?

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

+255 Mag
+240 NSP
+205 DH

9:30PM EST/6:30PM PST

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

So far Darkhaven and Maguuma both showing superior knowledge of tactics and the art of war.

Attachments:

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Score update not score rate update

130k/77k/65k.

This seems like a sillier question since the difference between end scores are so far apart they’re probably not going to be changing anytime soon… Also, why would you bring up night capping if you were talking about the end score?

(edited by Rhyis.7058)

in WvW

Posted by: Pangie.3217

Pangie.3217

Today I decided to wvw a bit on Darkhaven BL and when I first got in people were arguing in chat and we were so disorganized. We some how got it together enough to make some pushes south but Maguuma pushed us back. And you know what, I had a blast. Thanks for a good fight.

Btw, I got put into an over flow server while going to Lions Arch a few mins ago. I was so shocked. I haven’t been in an overflow for a long time.

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Probably because people are sitting around in LA waiting for the halloween event patch to be released.

in WvW

Posted by: jaegerx.1693

jaegerx.1693

I haven’t posted on these forums but I’ve now seen enough exploits from all 3 servers to weigh in on this.

1) Jumping down from tower/keep walls. This would break your legs. This is an exploit of game mechanics and you should not do this. Please exit keeps/towers via the portal.

2) Attacking defenseless dolyaks. These are harmless creatures. PETA would have a field day if they knew how you slaughtered these poor animals.

3) Running away when outnumbered, this is WvW. You must stand and fight even when it’s 1 vs 10. Running away is an exploit.

4) Abusing the 3d game world. Garrison trebbing keep walls is an abuse of the 3d world, just because you’re higher up you shouldn’t be able to shoot farther.

5) Building siege defenses where melee can’t attack them. This is an exploit. I demand all defenses be built where melee can attack them. No longer should you defend from inside a tower/keep but place your siege outside.

6) Talking to other servers via party/whispers is a violation of the EULA. Therefore we are all violating the EULA by using these forums.

7) Using portals to transport people. This is an abuse of a inbuilt game mechanic that Anet designed it for. Only the mesmer should be able to use his portal.

8) Dodging(need I say more?)

Please add more exploits as you find them. You people know who you are using this exploits and will be found by Anet and banned.

in WvW

Posted by: Skapocalypse.5236

Skapocalypse.5236

The video was supposed to be pointless. Are we all so wrapped up in going at each others servers that we can’t stop to laugh at the fact that 10+ people sat in a bush together for 10 minutes watching a door. Sorry if I didn’t record from the start. We all need to step back and stop hating on each other. We are stuck with each other for the next 5 days so lets try to enjoy each others company.

Odds are this topic will end up being locked as well.

Skapocalypse/SkaP

(edited by Skapocalypse.5236)

in WvW

Ninein.4782

I thought the video was about DH’s superior tactics. I think I need to relearn english as I’m not reading things correctly in this thread.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Ricky.4706

i have to hand it to darkhaven, the field is complete madness, epic battles left right and center!! Strangely enough, based on war tactics, we have a variety of players that do things that completely defy logic. I was on just before ankittenep hearing the benny hill song while I watch how the fights go on and the grub gets conquered and a 1 hp wall manages to keep out a zerg of 40! we are just one big chaotic blast of omg, what just happened ?

we all actually work quite well together in a really strange way, no one goes unresed!!

in WvW

Posted by: Camo.7581

Camo.7581

Maguuma has a commander in mumble whose smoke alarm goes off every minute, exploit or superior tactic?

in WvW

Posted by: Redvine.2631

Redvine.2631

Smoke alarm is a Darkhaven spy.

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Lasaonar.9132

Lasaonar.9132

I actually have proof of Darkhaven stacking! Darkhaven-san, you dishonor your ancestors with your “exploits” and shirtless commanders! Not pictured: two failed portalbombing attempts on our catapults.

Attachments:

~Maguuma Warrior Princess, Hedda-chan~
[MLG] Professional ~gamer grrrl~ <3
[DARP] Guild

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I hope you guys embrace the tactic instead of alienating the guilds in the picture.