Darkhaven vs. Northern Shiverpeaks vs. Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

I hope you guys embrace the tactic instead of alienating the guilds in the picture.

Indeed. Unfortunately 90% of the important skills for a stack are absent from that picture. Can’t fault them for monkey-see monkey-do though!

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Javy.1697

Javy.1697

Eh, don’t think it’s fair to paint the whole server with the whiner brush. Their biggest issue apparently was 2-3 randoms wasting their supply, rather than the portal bombing. Both are funny to cite as a unique complaint, don’t get me wrong. But there certainly seemed to be a few folks who were interested in learning the TOTES ELITE STAX tactic from the get-go and never labeled it an exploit but rather considered it for what it was.

iii(3 or 4 is?) in particular seemed keen to pick up new tricks and deserves credit for putting a bounty on counter-stack tactics. People should perhaps listen to him to figure out why and when you’d stack, however, since from what I hear the DH attempts at reappropriating the technique are falling flat…

(edited by Javy.1697)

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

There’s 5-10 maguuma players in EB right now. I was standing off to the side of krait and watched 100 NSP players run past me. lmao Clearly they don’t care about %s in that place.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Radiodread.8469

Radiodread.8469

NSP, I think, has developed the mentality of just stacking on a map because when we don’t we tend to get rolled by a full server force without any hopes of fighting it off. This game is no longer competitive, so we are making it at least fun on the maps we are on.

Radiodread, Guardian [Os] NSP
AKA: Darkshines, Schroedingers Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

well before everyone goes on to paint DH with one massive brush, we have many new users that transferred over – I’ve never heard of any exploits on DH before this match.

So don’t confuse the core DH members with the bandwagon jumpers. Everyone I have rolled with on the field fights hard and loves honest good clean brutal fun.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Sals.9534

Sals.9534

well before everyone goes on to paint DH with one massive brush, we have many new users that transferred over – I’ve never heard of any exploits on DH before this match.

So don’t confuse the core DH members with the bandwagon jumpers. Everyone I have rolled with on the field fights hard and loves honest good clean brutal fun.

So true.

But I’m sure a devils advocate will so up soon to argue for the sake of arguing.

Colegate / Selos Song Kaineng-DE Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

You might be sad to hear people from Maguuma spotted Darkhaven using the exact same tactics that were previously being complained about. Your honorable and elite police task force has been corrupted to the dark side.

Of course, I have no screenshots, so I could be making all of this up.

I actually have proof of Darkhaven stacking! Darkhaven-san, you dishonor your ancestors with your “exploits” and shirtless commanders! Not pictured: two failed portalbombing attempts on our catapults.

Something I find odd about this picture. A stack of 20+ DH against 5 Maguuman. kitten have we gotten to be so powerful that it requires them to stack against 5?

Attachments:

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

katniss.6735

You know, the hallowe’en event is even more incentive to transfer. I’m sure loads of people have done that. And that losing servers in WvW are completely ignoring the actual WvW maps. WvW is one of the best, if not the best, places to farm candy.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Lasaonar.9132

Lasaonar.9132

Eh, don’t think it’s fair to paint the whole server with the whiner brush.

Oh if only Maguuma were given the same courtesy. But no, we just get alliances formed against us.

~Maguuma Warrior Princess, Hedda-chan~
[MLG] Professional ~gamer grrrl~ <3
[DARP] Guild

in WvW

Radiodread.8469

I don’t understand all the drama. Why do people care enough to have drama in a game thats not even competitive. I’m just happy last night we were able to hold our portion of one map for a couple hours. I want my corner of a map to be competitive and fun, thats all I ask for in this match.

in WvW

katniss.6735

Why do people care enough to have drama

When you’re the underdog, roleplay is all that’s left.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

leafy lass – bill murray 2012

theres also a new bug that let certain classes glitch through gate doors with certain skills. i witnessed some guys do this in one of our keeps yesterday after the halloween patch yet. pretty stupid.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

DH daytime commander make me wanna quit wvw[i know not all of them are bad]…hack he isnt even commanding…he just running around cluelessly with his blue marker on and placing sieges at bad spot…it was frustrating…yet people follow him to death x_x

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Everyone starts somewhere, maybe you should give him some advice. If he doesn’t listen, go to another map.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Radiodread.8469

A rookie shouldn’t be a “commander.” I consider myself pretty knowledgable about seige placement and overall tactics (on BLs, I hardly ever play EB) and I would be hesitant to put on the blue diamond. If you’re going to put on the commander symbol, you need to be more than a focal point for the zerg. If you mislead the masses, you do much more harm than good.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

What should and shouldn’t happen has no correlation with what actually happens. Many people buy the book for the status, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re unwilling to learn. We have a few commanders on Maguuma that are similar, but they still take direction from more seasoned commanders with no problem. Sometimes a zerg beacon is very helpful regardless of who’s holding it.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

i have to say, I’m really happy with the cooperation I’ve been seeing in Darkhaven wvw lately – there have been times no commanders at all have been on – and everyone is simply starting work together helping each others objectives. A team of 5 goes to cap a supply camp, they spot a zerg of 20 – they announce it in chat, all other similar teams group up in support then run off together. Very cool to be a part of and watch happen! The commander symbol to “me” is a symbol of a strong offensive underway, simply because at a glance …the blue icon is the quick answer to the question “Where’s the zerg at ?”

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Windmoor.9834

Windmoor.9834

Yes the commander icon server a purpose, but there are many times that they should just turn it off.

There are some commanders on NSP that know when they gather up the zerg, I will dirrect them to objectives that are productive. Other commanders hear me telling them where to go and decide to go the other direction and constantly wipe our zerg, demoralizing those following.

I have no commander icon, and have no interest in getting one. I do however keep my eyes on the map and enemy troop movements while i’m sitting on a treb. I have built up a rep on NSP with many vets here, its the newer folks just can’t accept directions.

My other MAJOR beef with commander icons is; When your not in WvW or on your way to WvW or any major PvE event….TURN OFF YOUR ICON!!! When people think about jumping into WvW they tend to be in LA where 2-7 icon are sitting in front of the forge or at the TP. They open the scores sheet, see us behind, gaining very little points per tick. Finally they say wth and go into a map only to find 1 or none, commanders leading the charge.

NSP asks itself why all these people have been leaving, this might be part of the problem. I’m not saying that all commanders need to be in WvW all the time. I understand sometimes you want to just go have some fun elsewhere, and thats cool. But just showing off you can spend 100g for the sake of showing off, makes you just as bad as the commander that leads the zerg to thier deaths endlessly.

Don’t fear the unknown, CONQUER IT!!!

in WvW

Radiodread.8469

Yes a zerg beacon can be useful, but there is so much more potential to the commander position. Merely having the zerg in a condensed area doesn’t accomplish much.

The commander icon commands the attention of the lazy and the new. People gravitate towards it and watch what the commander does. If a commander is surveying the feild, assessing the situation and directing seige placement in a tactically sound manner, not only will you win the battle, you will be educating the masses by example. The performance increase will continue after you log out, not just when you put a blue dot on the map.

A commander that gets all pissy with his crew in map chat is a detriment to the team. Morale is one of the biggest factors in long term success and that can and should come from the top down. If the high and mighty blue dots are putting eachother and their respective followers down, it only fragments the community. Positive reinforcement and educating by example should be the primary roles of the commanders.

in WvW

Posted by: Camo.7581

Camo.7581

Mag +335
Derphaven +210
NSP +150

Boy, those Maguuma guys sure are being taught a valuable lesson about superior tactically exploits.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I am not trying to defend commanders that actively try to suck. I’m just saying give new commanders a chance and good advice. Or don’t, you’re not on my server, so I don’t care.

in WvW

Posted by: lukaszk.3142

lukaszk.3142

i have to hand it to darkhaven, the field is complete madness, epic battles left right and center!! Strangely enough, based on war tactics, we have a variety of players that do things that completely defy logic. I was on just before ankittenep hearing the benny hill song while I watch how the fights go on and the grub gets conquered and a 1 hp wall manages to keep out a zerg of 40! we are just one big chaotic blast of omg, what just happened ?

we all actually work quite well together in a really strange way, no one goes unresed!!

Cookie?

in WvW

Ricky.4706

lol.. :p got milk ?

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Any more DH superior tactics video? This thread is drying out pretty quickly.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: FatFuzzy.2659

FatFuzzy.2659

Wow, did I pick the wrong server to transfer too…..Oya, more mesmers please use your ‘mirror self’ spell to exploit inside of keeps, thank you…stay classy DH mesmers!!!

LvL 80 Thief “Axxeman”
Sorrow’s Furnace
Planet Earth

in WvW

Radiodread.8469

Axxeman, didn’t I see you in EB on NSP yesterday or was that just someone with a similar name?

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Wow, did I pick the wrong server to transfer too…..Oya, more mesmers please use your ‘mirror self’ spell to exploit inside of keeps, thank you…stay classy DH mesmers!!!

You should join Maguuma, because even when the other team exploits into our west keep we kill them at lord room by paying attention to the map.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: lukaszk.3142

lukaszk.3142

lol.. :p got milk ?

Only vanilla. Is that good?

in WvW

Posted by: FatFuzzy.2659

FatFuzzy.2659

met alotta nice people on NSP tho….more than on sorrow’s furnace

LvL 80 Thief “Axxeman”
Sorrow’s Furnace
Planet Earth

in WvW

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

Can’t wait to see how many false responses I’ll get for this post.

Attachments:

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

Not a bad score.
Thought MAG would have more points due to how agressive they are in WvW.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

There’s a 8-10 hour window where we have zero presence at all. Nothing new. We lose every match but murder quite efficiently when we’re online.

Honestly, I’d have it no other way.

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

I was quite impressed by Maguuma’s showing today. Notice my buffs.

Attachments:

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Mag could show the outmanned buff in NSP borderlands all day, everyday. Including when we’re at our peak. You weren’t outmanned in your own borderlands when your garrison was drained from 1700 to 0 then taken from you, I can promise you that.

(edited by Rhyis.7058)

in WvW

Arius.7031

Rhyis, why so defensive? I was congratulating you guys on how much of a showing you’d had. Numbers are an important part of WvW, and until today Maguuma was falling short in that area (that or we’re falling short). You guys have got to get out of this mentality of thinking you need to prove how much better you are than everyone else. Really, it’s quite immature to be honest.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: jaegerx.1693

jaegerx.1693

I love fight club!

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

I like your game sir. Throw out passive aggressive ribbing and play it off as praise. Mag’s had the same turn out every day, including today. The exact same amount of people were in mumble, so what you’re “congratulating” us on isn’t even factual.

You were outmanned in Maguuma borderlands at that time because it had already been entirely in our control for 3 hours straight and players didn’t want to be farmed so they went to another borderlands that wasn’t doing as poorly (at this specific time, DH had a presence in EB/NSP/DH borderlands). Happens on every server, including Mag, until a coordinated effort is made to take something back. Once people notice the initial tower is taken, they’ll switch into the borderlands to help. Mystery solved.

(edited by Rhyis.7058)

in WvW

Arius.7031

Okay then Rhyis, instead of congratulating Maguuma, I’ll simply say that Darkhaven needs to get its act together and have a stronger showing (and Maguuma does too). I wasn’t trying to start an argument. I recognize that numbers are important to warfare, I’ve said that in every single time I’ve ever posted on the subject (look at my post history, I frequently tell people not to whine when outnumbered, it’s part of the game). If we’re outnumbered it’s our fault and we need to improve, it’s not something that reflects poorly on Maguuma.

I have no issue with Mag outnumbering us in one zone, I brought that up to show that Mag is not done fighting yet (I refer you to my thread about EB vs NSP vs Dh, I posted a similar picture about EB when they took the lead in potentials, which was surprising). I try to compliment my opponents when they take the lead so as to try to boost their morale and make them participate in WvW so we can all have a more enjoyable match. I also do it just to try to make people feel better when they’re losing, don’t really know why.

But fine, whatever, attack me and try to start a stupid argument that shouldn’t exist in the first place. Lesson learned Rhyis, I won’t compliment you guys again. But I suggest you change your attitude, it really is quite immature and it reflects poorly on your personal character.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Radiodread.8469

I can’t even read most of these posts. The petty kittening and whining and moaning is just so old. Don’t get your ego so wrapped up in a game that has almost nothing to do with your individual contributions.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

How can two completely insult-free posts be construed as immature and reflect poorly on my personal character? That is an insult. The direct kind. Of which I haven’t taken part of in at all.

(edited by Rhyis.7058)

in WvW

Arius.7031

“Throw out passive aggressive ribbing and play it off as praise.”

This implies dishonesty, which would be an insult. And it wasn’t the insulting that’s immature, it’s the defensiveness. It’s the fact that I congratulated you guys on showing up in good numbers (which may have been incorrect) and then you feel the need to boast about taking our Garrison. You somehow took my post to be an attack on Maguuma, so you proceed to start a useless argument about it. This exact type of behavior is what got the last thread locked down. People couldn’t accept losing so they start attacking anyone from that server. I can’t count how many posts I saw saying Darkhaven sucks, Maguuma rocks, Maguum’s cheating and things along those lines.

That’s where the immaturity primarily comes from. This adversarial (not in a healthy way) attitude of “I need to brag about us winning to prove we don’t need numbers to win” or whatever reason you did it for. I never even tried to imply you need numbers to win, this entire matchup I’ve been perfectly honest about the fact that Maguuma outplays Darkhaven man for man, that’s a fact.

Edit: It’s the attitude of “because he made a comment that sounds like it could be passive-aggressive, I need to remind him of how amazing my server is”. That’s the stuff we need to get away from. It’s not helpful, it only starts arguments, and it’s immature.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

If you can’t take a healthy discussion about the ups and downs of the play by play of what happened inside WvW on our server, then what are you even doing inside this thread?

I have no issues apologizing for the passive aggressive comment if that’s not what it was meant to be. But if bringing up a successful capture against a heavy fortified keep is suddenly argumentative and childish, then you are in for a world of pain on these forums my friend. That’s all one can talk about in this sub section. Seriously. It wasn’t a hate post. It wasn’t a post about cheaters, night capping, exploits, or what have you. It was a post about the taking of a capture point in a zone created for the taking and defending of capture points. It doesn’t get any more kumbaya than that. This forum is specifically created for talking about the taking and losing of capture points. If you can’t handle it, that really isn’t my issue.

(edited by Rhyis.7058)

in WvW

Arius.7031

Our discussion was not at any point about the ups and downs of the play by play. Our discussion was about me congratulating your server, and you bragging about how you beat us outnumbered. How is that healthy, and how is that a discussion?

I’m not truly offended by your comment, it’s the internet. I’m simply tired of the endless arguments and such. I want a friendly atmosphere, but threads keep getting closed because of silly arguments. I did react too harshly and for that I apologize, I simply don’t see the point of your response to me unless it was to try to show that Maguuma can win outnumbered.

And this sub-section is created for talking about them in a friendly way. Our discussion was like:

Arius: You guys have really good numbers today (you take this to mean I was saying Maguuma is only winning because of numbers).
Rhyis: We rolled you guys while we were outnumbered in your BL, so we don’t need to outnumber you.

You see what the issue is here? If you had been like “Oh it was a good battle, I was proud that we were able to beat Dh in your garrison today” something like that I’d be patting you on the back and saying you should have pride in the fact that you beat us while outnumbered. But, your point (no offense intended) was not made in the spirit of healthy competition.

I’m just trying to say we need to get away from that, it’s pointless and it will eventually get this thread locked.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Cufflink.3985

Cufflink.3985

To all the NSP players at the hill east of Anza, trying to set up that treb w/ arrowcarts?

Thanks for the fun! Still can’t believe I killed that treb in the middle of your group, let alone stomp those handful I did! (you guys did kill me several times in my quest to take it down, to be fair though :P)

Best WvW week yet, imho!

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

What can I tell you. You need thicker skin if something as trivial as how you personally perceived the tone of a message over the internet impedes your ability to have a conversation.

Threads get locked because sides insult one another by calling others cheaters and the like. Threads do not get locked because somebody brought up a garrison capture. I know this because it’s not against the code of conduct.

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Our discussion was not at any point about the ups and downs of the play by play. Our discussion was about me congratulating your server, and you bragging about how you beat us outnumbered. How is that healthy, and how is that a discussion?

I’m not truly offended by your comment, it’s the internet. I’m simply tired of the endless arguments and such. I want a friendly atmosphere, but threads keep getting closed because of silly arguments. I did react too harshly and for that I apologize, I simply don’t see the point of your response to me unless it was to try to show that Maguuma can win outnumbered.

And this sub-section is created for talking about them in a friendly way. Our discussion was like:

Arius: You guys have really good numbers today (you take this to mean I was saying Maguuma is only winning because of numbers).
Rhyis: We rolled you guys while we were outnumbered in your BL, so we don’t need to outnumber you.

You see what the issue is here? If you had been like “Oh it was a good battle, I was proud that we were able to beat Dh in your garrison today” something like that I’d be patting you on the back and saying you should have pride in the fact that you beat us while outnumbered. But, your point (no offense intended) was not made in the spirit of healthy competition.

I’m just trying to say we need to get away from that, it’s pointless and it will eventually get this thread locked.

Yes, entirely way to much chest-puffing going on. From all sides. Except for NSP, they’ve mostly stayed out of it.

This particular thread has already been heavily modded once last night. If we keep going at the pace we have been we’ll get a second thread locked by friday.

in WvW

Arius.7031

I said your attitude was the problem Rhyis, not any specific words you said. And I have a plenty thick skin, as already stated, your words do not affect me personally. I’m saying that your attitude will spark more arguments and will eventually lead to the closing of this thread. But go ahead, make more irrelevant points like “you need a thicker skin”. Ad hominem + Straw Man = impressive accomplishment, congratulations!

Also, please read my posts in the future before responding to them, thank you.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

this is how it should have gone

Arius: aww cool…im impress to see more people on Maguuma today
Rhyis: not really…still the same number of people playing
Arius: ah i see…then it must be Darkhaven that didnt show up as much…nice to see your fighting spirits and not give up
Rhyis: we will never give up…we will fight til the very end

happy ending XD

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Never give up. Never surrender.

/Tim Allen

in WvW

Arius.7031

By Grabthar’s hammer… I wish that’s how the conversation had went Ayane!

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]