Darkhaven vs. Northern Shiverpeaks vs. Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Tyjaka.6137

Tyjaka.6137

If Maguuma had a larger population for the times midnight to 8am PST, we would easily be in first place. The only time I see Maguuma with a smaller amount on the pie chart is at that time due to the lack of population able to play at that time.

Tjkingsly: 80 Guardian | Aco | Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

If Maguuma had a larger population for the times midnight to 8am PST, we would easily be in first place. The only time I see Maguuma with a smaller amount on the pie chart is at that time due to the lack of population able to play at that time.

Wouldn’t be so sure about that, Tyjaka. Darkhaven has not had many people WvWing recently, most of us have been far more focused on PvE. Winning without there being much competition for 4 straight weeks will tend to do that to a server. I’d wager if we had our full WvW population going against yours, your domination prior to midnight wouldn’t go unchallenged. We haven’t had a queue today that I can recall (except for maybe EB, haven’t checked), we’re not fielding anywhere near as much as we could.

But, Maguuma certainly does have a very strong day crew—despite it being not overpopulated.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Someone from Darkhaven really likes doing stuff like this.

Attachments:

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Arforyon.1746

Arforyon.1746

Also this nice ram against the wall, hmm so nice.

Attachments:

[Maguuma]
Thoros Myr – Level 80 Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Also this nice ram against the wall, hmm so nice.

Noooo, you beat me to it. I logged in just to screencap it. Well, mine has someone using it too.

Attachments:

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: jaegerx.1693

jaegerx.1693

darkhaven is exploiting the rams against wall technique.

in WvW

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

Not seen: Me screaming at the person that placed that ram

Either way, we took the keep. After GOON and PARG exploited culling of course. I did all the /laughs I could once they fell.

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in WvW

Posted by: Cufflink.3985

Cufflink.3985

I love it when people are accused of exploiting things beyond there control, especially when they have no idea whether or not the perceived exploit is even happening (how to tell that they can’t see you due to culling issues?).

It’s happening to all of us, be patient and it will be fixed. In the mean time, stop using it as an excuse.

in WvW

Arius.7031

An excuse for him winning? XD

I think he’s saying they’re doing things to try to cause the culling issues to worsen. Not just doing things that make it worse, actively trying to make it work. I have no idea if this is true or not.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Apparently anybody in a zerg is a cheater. Culling happens when there are more then 50 players on your screen. The only way to “exploit” this is by a team to continually have 40+ players roaming around together… Which everybody does. It’s called a zerg.

(edited by Rhyis.7058)

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

“Exploiting Culling” ahahahahahaha wow. Come up with a better excuse for having to outnumber us 2:1 to take anything.

I’m honestly curious. Why do you feel the need to keep pointing out that you’re outnumbered? in Wv3 battles are not supposed to be even. And why on earth would you hold that against anyone? We can’t exactly tell people “it’s okay fellas, we got this one, half of you are warming the bench”.

So..like…does it make you feel superior or what? There is nothing we can do about having a bigger showing. Besides that, isn’t the entire point of Wv3 to hold more territory the longest? And having more peoples helps with that? So I really am genuinely curious why you feel the need to keep pointing it out?

And they probably didn’t need to outnumber you 2:1 to take anything, but that’s just what showed up. If it really bugs you to be outnumbered so much you should look into changing servers instead of waiting for Anet to fix things which may or may not ever happen.

FWIW I also get that you’re tired of being accused of culling “exploiting” and I’m equally tired of having to read it. So yeah…there is that..too.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

I’m bringing it up because I’m trying to say that Darkhaven is mostly Bad Players that Complain A Lot because they don’t have any tactics. If you go read the JQ / SB / IoJ thread you are not going to see a single person complain about LoSing, stacking, or portalbombing. All of them already understand that it’s a legitimate strategy.

Also, you’re right that they don’t need to outnumber us 2:1, it’s closer to 2.5 or 3:1.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Ehhh, entertaining “what ifs” is kind of pointless fantasy. The point is we don’t have numbers and if we are going to spend any time discussing the numbers issue it should be talking about why that is. When we rolled out public voice comms, the overwhelming majority of players on it were Goons. But as is so common with Goons, we play a game for a month or two and then most people go elsewhere. Planetside 2 and X-COM seem to be the focus now.

We have roughly the same number of people in public voice comms now and we even maxed out the slots at the beginning of this round but they are nearly all non Goons. We have essentially lost a large number of North American players from by far the largest guild on the server which is a real shame. That said, we’ve got a bunch of homegrown small guilds who have made the public mumble their home.

We are outnumbered alot these days and we lose everything overnight, every night but that has also created really good, resourceful and intelligent players. We don’t have many players but all of them are class.

We have alot of guys who will dump all their money into WvW which is amazing. Yesterday out of 8 people in Maguuma Borderlands we had 5 willing to drop over 1 gold to pre siege keeps and towers for the people logging on later. Elcy spends a frightening amount of gold per day (over 3g) just on keep upgrades to make things easier for low pop NA. Sometimes you go over to the keep upgrade guy and you see tier 2 walls go up right there. We often send each other money in the mail so the cost doesn’t hit any one person too hard.

Most of the people on voice comms these days were just pubbies a few weeks ago but all of them are now extremely competent. Given our numbers we have alot of lieutenants and acting commanders who can step up and hold down a borderland. Our Euro presence is really good but its a shame that its now bigger than our North American presence by some way. Our only Oceanic is Zen Caleum’s guys who I rarely see due to timezone differences. Would love to roll with [RPH] some time.

in WvW

Posted by: TheMightyChoob.4365

TheMightyChoob.4365

I just want to say super job tonight in Maguuma Borderlands by my fellow Maguumans or w/e we are. They pushed us hard to garrison but that nut never cracked. Then we flipped just about the entire map in about an hour. Awesome. /bow

Bad Maguuma player
Pyromancers [PYRO]

in WvW

fellyn.5083

I’m bringing it up because I’m trying to say that Darkhaven is mostly Bad Players that Complain A Lot because they don’t have any tactics. If you go read the JQ / SB / IoJ thread you are not going to see a single person complain about LoSing, stacking, or portalbombing. All of them already understand that it’s a legitimate strategy.

Also, you’re right that they don’t need to outnumber us 2:1, it’s closer to 2.5 or 3:1.

Who was complaing about LoSing? And just to be clear you mean line of sight, right? That’s like the most basic pvp tactic in any game..ever. And I haven’t seen a single person talk about that so I’m not sure why it’s on that list.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in WvW

zastari.1730

Shush all this trolling, wait dont you hear something … its Maguuma falling yet again down the ratings, hmm so much for your superior tactics. Enjoy Fort Aspenwood and Dragonbrand next round. Love fighting the NSP way more fun than these morons.

Keep the faith Darkhaven we will prevail.

Why, because you occasionally don’t wipe when you fight NSP?

Who was complaing about LoSing? And just to be clear you mean line of sight, right? That’s like the most basic pvp tactic in any game..ever. And I haven’t seen a single person talk about that so I’m not sure why it’s on that list.

LoSing makes culling problems worse even though it’s a good tactic. We’ve been called out for taking advantage of culling several times in this thread so I lumped it into the mix. Also, nice of you to edit out your part where you told me to go join a higher population server. At least you realize that’s the very reason that WvW in this game is in the state it’s in. Some of us don’t want to bust the rating system even more by bandwaggoning on to high pop servers.

Maguuma

(edited by zastari.1730)

in WvW

Arius.7031

First off, I’ve seen Darkhaven beat Maguuma when Maguuma had more players, although on average you’re better.

Secondly, Darkhaven has not been a high tier server. I know this is hard to understand, because you’ve always been high tier. You’re from a server that was blessed with organization in WvW from day one, we never were. We always have been a primarily PvE server, and we’ve sucked in WvW up until the past 3 weeks.

Can you really blame Darkhaven players for seeing something that really appears to be cheating (that they’ve never seen before) and calling people out on it? I love that you bring up IoJ/JQ/SBI, because they’re the highest ranked servers in the entire game. Did you know up until this week Darkhaven hadn’t ever been higher than the third to lowest tier?

So yeah, you’re better than us—good for you. We outnumber you, good for us. Can we all stop boasting and patting ourselves on the back now?

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

zastari.1730

I agree. We should have some fun when I get on. Any DH commanders around from about 10:30 AM – 3PM Central time? We can find an open field, have a zerg v. zerg match, and test stacking, portalbombing, etc… tactics and counters. I’m game if y’all are.

Maguuma

in WvW

fellyn.5083

First off, I’ve seen Darkhaven beat Maguuma when Maguuma had more players, although on average you’re better.

Secondly, Darkhaven has not been a high tier server. I know this is hard to understand, you’re from a server that was blessed with organization in WvW from day 1, we never were. We always have been a primarily PvE server, and we’ve sucked in WvW up until the past 3 weeks.

Can you really blame Darkhaven players for seeing something that really appears to be cheating (that they’ve never seen before) and calling people out on it? I love that you bring up IoJ/JQ/SBI, because they’re the highest ranked servers in the entire game. Did you know up until this week Darkhaven hadn’t ever been higher than the third to lowest tier?

So yeah, you’re better than us—good for you. We outnumber you, good for us. Can we all stop boasting and patting ourselves on the back now?

Well said. You said what I wanted to but I couldn’t find the right words, I think I’ll delete my last post now.

Imo this thread has already gone past the point of competitive banter again and is crossing the line into direct insults. I’m surprised it hasn’t been locked for a second time. Sad that people from Darkhaven are guilty of it, too, all the while trying to appear to take the moral high road. Which actually makes it worse for several reasons that shouldn’t need to be pointed out.

in WvW

Posted by: shoognite.2106

shoognite.2106

To the 6 DH guys I just solo’D outside your spawn…WoW. Please come back, stop hiding

Jaquan “Shoognite” Jenkins
Urban Outreach Program Director, Goon Guilds, LLC.
Jjenkins@GoonGuildsLLC.com

in WvW

Posted by: Sphere.2076

Sphere.2076

Not one server is better than the other as Mag has the numbers during the day while DH has them during the evening and night. As for the Mes bubble zerg. It is not a good tatctic in my opinion. It does not allow players to be spread out in the map defending different areas at the same time. Do not rush the bubble. Stand back and range them down. We have done it many times. When we stand back we can see clearly who we are aiming for.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread is starting to become an inflammatory one, it is now closed. Please refrain from such behaviour in the future.

Thank you.