Darkhaven

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I have to say, I am kind of confused about what it is DH wants. I see lots of posts by DH about being outnumbered. As a member of FC I can vouch for this! FC brought not too much in terms of numbers to this linking. We have always had a small WvW community. Yet, we were in tier 5, not 8.
I personally was excited about the link. We had some FC guilds move to DH and I always liked them, so I was really happy. But my enthusiasm has been squelched! 3 times I have tried to follow a DH commander. The first time, I was repeatedly invited to squad and kicked out as soon as I joined. The second time, I found NSP inside our keep and I told the commander, I was berated for not being able to kill them all myself. (I am a staff else ?ø? and I fight like a girl). ???? The last time, the commander stopped the Zerg in route to point out I was FC and made me leave, saying I was infecting DH. So, really I have not logged into WvW a whole lot lately. I think this has been the experience of a lot of The FC community. It is pretty oblivious that, DH DOES NOT want our help.

Sounds like maybe DH and Mag would be a good pairing.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

They gonna relink soon, with the vote as it is.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

“STOP PLAYING THE GAME THE WAY YOU WANT TO PLAY AND PLAY IT MY WAY OR I WILL RAAAAAAAAAGE ON SOME INTERNET FORUMS”

That’s always the majority of the comments I see in these sorts of threads.

There’s a whole ’nother trash forum for stuff like this, by the way, where like-minded people would be thrilled to circleyerk with some of you all day long so they can get their post counts up.

(edited by Shademehr.1397)

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

It’s weird, under the 24 server system a server was considered dead if they were in 22-24. Now, if the server is straddling Host/Guest status they are dead.

I remember DH folks complaining the server was dead at the beginning of this year when they were in 13th-14th place. Then practically the next week, they turned around and beat 2 T5 servers by 500k and broke the highest weekly score at that time. It was short lived, but that week pushed DH into T3. That week and weeks before (when you were dead) you guys tower sat/spawn camped, popped orange for 5 enemies all that bad stuff that is, some would say, getting repaid now. I mean who ever said there are no wvw grudges? I’m not saying I don’t feel for you, but I do understand why it’s being done. I also understand why DH was locked after pairs and NSP wasn’t and why (atleast for DH and NSP) T4 got the pairings they did. While NSP welcomed SF folks, apparently DH wasn’t as courteous to their guests. Let’s hope the toxic talk doesn’t remain when DH is a guest, because at that point it’d be only the ones that chose to stay, not the ones that were there when the label was assigned.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Jelly Pain.8027

Jelly Pain.8027

I have heard of incidents I wish FC had a better experience with DH. I can not change the past. I can’t control how some on the server act or acted. All my toons in game are named Jelly. I am the guild leader of The Dragons Of Orr [Orr]. My guild and I will do our best to make you feel at home. If you ever see any of us out in WVW please join us.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Jelly Pain.8027

Dh has very few guilds left. The toxic players for the most part have left as well. It’s only server loyalty that remains on DH. I wish at the time of pairing Anet did not have it’s head up it’s kitten . It is too late now. I wish DH didn’t have as many toxic players at the time of the pairing but it’s too late for that as well. DH is a pve server. We don’t have a wvw base to start with and with a server cap including pve we cant pull the numbers.. DH really has very little to offer. FC being a smaller community together it was just to little for both. I believe DH will be empty pretty soon. This way NSP and HOD can just face each other.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

I’m on Mag and we spawn killed your server to 2 weeks before the server mergers.

It’s true DH was on the rise and what happened was that it became the T8 bandwagon where all the lesser skilled lower tiered players hoped onto. DH then turned into a low tier blob server and ktrained doors till they got to T3.

When they got to T3 they soon realized that they had a lot of players that were willing to fight but they had a lot of players that don’t know how to fight, and have no coordination at all. Hence the T8 low tier bandwagon.

They thought they were really hot though but when you just blob down lower tiers you never have to fight anyone good so when you got to T3 you realized that pretty fast. NSP and EBAY at the time this was happening even though they had less players at the time always could provide Mag with much better fights than DH.

NSP and EBAY players were much more skilled and better. DH implodes becasue it was a bandwagon of low tier players that got farmed.

Had to +1 this. Best comment on the thread.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Jelly Pain.8027

Funny mag mentioned this when it was the first time mag did anything…..

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Avengedeath.4671

Avengedeath.4671

I feel for the OP. I am on FC. I voted against the linking. We lost our community because of the linking, the OP lost their server members. I have still managed to have fun in wvw, mostly because of the great people in FC. I have met some really nice people from DH too. I am sorry you aren’t enjoying wvw as much as you did before the linking. I hope it turns around for you soon.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Lapiy.7160

Lapiy.7160

Honestly as mean as this is I think DH is a really unhealthy server for the game. Anyone who has played vs the server knows how fairweather it is and the second they start wiping you don’t see anyone for hours and it happens alot because the overall skill level is very low. Any server linked with DH is going to have a very bad time and the game will almost unplayable outside of there server/guild raids, will to fight when times are hard and skill level are real things that matters and makes DH really unattractive to guilds transferring in and linked servers that are forced to play with them.

Servers: Crystal Desert, Underworld, Eredon Terrace
Guilds: [TDS] The Desert Squad-Retired, [bM] Badmash, [BoRP] Bunch Of Random Players
Always looking for fights gvg’s etc just hit me up!

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I have to say, I am kind of confused about what it is DH wants. I see lots of posts by DH about being outnumbered. As a member of FC I can vouch for this! FC brought not too much in terms of numbers to this linking. We have always had a small WvW community. Yet, we were in tier 5, not 8.
I personally was excited about the link. We had some FC guilds move to DH and I always liked them, so I was really happy. But my enthusiasm has been squelched! 3 times I have tried to follow a DH commander. The first time, I was repeatedly invited to squad and kicked out as soon as I joined. The second time, I found NSP inside our keep and I told the commander, I was berated for not being able to kill them all myself. (I am a staff else ?ø? and I fight like a girl). ???? The last time, the commander stopped the Zerg in route to point out I was FC and made me leave, saying I was infecting DH. So, really I have not logged into WvW a whole lot lately. I think this has been the experience of a lot of The FC community. It is pretty oblivious that, DH DOES NOT want our help.

I’m actually rather surprised this happens. Just block them I guess, find people like you to oppose them with, make fun of them yourself…..ignore them, one of those things. I know it sucks having a tag on the map that you hate or feel is a trolll or whatever…..but ya there is no silver lining it sucks

I’m pretty surprised there would be people like that who command outside of just guild runs. If its a guild group doing a run…..just whatever let them be idiots. If they are commanding pugs on ur server tho……thats not really cool, people on DH following them are pretty much supporting that kind of behaviour then. Paints a pretty gnarly picture of DH that doesn’t really fit with my experiences when fighting them.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Julius Seizure.4985

Julius Seizure.4985

A lot of people are using this as an opportunity to kick DH while it is down. Having fun?

But the truth is that DH and FC are both servers that probably were punching above their weight class given their rankings before mergers. Both were combined, and ultimately other servers gained the necessary player-base mass to run zergs better, while the DH and FC link did not. The flaws that the two servers were able to mask— through whatever reason— were ultimately compounded.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Rastaaa.3752

Rastaaa.3752

All I know is Darkhaven does not have a strong time. there is no weaker server. The damage was done by pairing. This is Anet’s fault!

in my experience, fc doesnt like dh either. at least we arent begging for a carry.

This is such a mess of a post.

Nobody is asking for a carry. We can all agree that the Darkhaven/Ferguson’s Crossing pairing was a huge mess from the start. I guess they will just use the defense that we were in beta for a coupe months so sorry if we ruin your WvW experience as a result.

Darkhaven lost at least 3 guilds recently with each of them having a 20-25+ core from each guild. Ferguson’s Crossing is not to blame for this. The server pairing “beta” should not have been this long. One month is more than enough time to gather whatever statistics they needed to calculate future WvW pairings.

Nsp, and HoD both got servers that can supplement their already huge numbers. Ferguson’s Crossing should not have been placed with Darkhaven. It just statistically doesn’t make sense at all. I am in no way saying this is Ferguson’s Crossings’ fault. You cannot expect people to constantly get moshpitted by other servers, and keep doing it for months on end. That is why Darkhaven lost a ton of people and that is why this pairing has been especially disappointing

TL;DR PLEASE DO NOT EVER DO A WVW BETA FOR 3 MONTHS WITH NO CHANGES ESPECIALLY ON THE LOWER END IT IS HORRIBLE 2/10

Drop Top Coupe
Engineer on Darkhaven

(edited by Rastaaa.3752)

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Sorry to hear about whats happening over there. I remember fighting DH and FC many weeks while I was on SoR and you folks always put up a good fight. If your having trouble coping with linking, well…learn to accept it and create an atmosphere of cooperation in a friendly environment with your partner server because this is now a permanent feature.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

Don’t play the feel sorry for me routine. All servers have had Anet claim towers against them. This is some real self loathing posting going on here. I play multiple accounts and all servers dodge into a tower or keeps to survive and re-group.
This BS with NSP this HOD that DH blah blah blah is simply childish. It is a game plain and simple it’s not real life. Opponents and who you get linked with should be respected. Get over your self pity and hatred and have some kitten fun.

We had a death recently on NSP and the respect shown from all servers in the match was amazing. This dribble going on here is just ignorant.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: blackmac.2685

blackmac.2685

Sorry to hear of your experience Jente, that’s not cool; however, that certainly is not the norm from DH players, and certainly not my experience with the few FC I have played with.

Unfortunately, both our servers, DH and FC suffer from lack of high numbers and find ourselves in a constant state of fighting odds of 3 to 1 or worse. This was the norm pre merges and only got worse with all the servers that already had higher numbers grouped together. I was initially excited to have FC as a teammate and in general for server teams, it just didn’t work out due to us both having a lack of numbers to compete on maps. This is nobody’s fault, it was a beta move and will change in time.

There does seem to be a lot of server pride, and prejudice rearing its ugly mouth on the forum, and sadly that is unfortunate as well. All servers have good people and a few ars hats, same as life.

I have enjoyed most of my time on WvW, win or lose vs. all of our regular foes, ebay, hod, SF, CD, NSP; however, I am sure most can agree that being steam rolled 5 to 1 for days on end gets tiring fast. Even Mag, that commented earlier about spawn camping DH for 2 weeks. Even though I personally find spawn camping cheap, cowardly, frustrating and unsportsmanlike; I can’t argue it is a legal move and effective if all you want to do is win without challenge. It is just part of the game, even if Mag is the only server I have personally witnessed using that tactic over and over. I admit, Mag has always had our number.

To advertise for DH, I’d love to see those considering a transfer, come to DH. Other than the one unfortunate situation from Jente, I will boast that we have some great commanders on DH. Old and new, haven’t seen Hap in awhile, hope he returns, but Grampa is back! Gaema, Bfury and many others have been fantastic at picking up the tag and leading the charge despite any odds.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

I personally was excited about the link. We had some FC guilds move to DH and I always liked them, so I was really happy. But my enthusiasm has been squelched!

Wow that sucks, I mean, no one should be treated like that. I am truly sorry that happened to you. The thing here is, that was not the whole of DH, that was one commander being a total Jerk. Why some people are like, I will never understand.

I suppose that was why I always ran with my guild or solo roamed, just dealing some of those Pug-manders was simply not appealing.

Again, so sorry that you got treated like that.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

Dh pugs are fayweather af for. Everything DH starts going up and winning the pugs come back. Once DH starts loosing all of them pugs and their mothers go into hiding. The recruitment on DH has always been pale af especially after the server merging. First week of merging was okay wasn’t as bad as it is now. For me to keep my guild alive I had to make the move and transfer us off. Recruitment on DH is pale for guilds to stay alive they need players new blood DH has always struggled to provide that. I have seen a lot of guilds transfer to DH and died because no recruitment. That’s why a lot of guilds have already left or will leave if there’s still any guild left other than TAG.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

You can’t be so sensitive. It’s the internet. People are jerks. Yeah, there were a few trolls on DH a couple months ago, but they went to other servers. I’ve hardly seen any ppl talk trash about FC. And I used to play a lot till Overwatch and also cause outnumbered buff on every map during NA prime. Even an hr after reset outnumbered pops on DHBL and EB. Coming from a person who has 3 accts on 3 different tiers. There isn’t a guild that can field more than 15 on average anymore. At least not that plays a lot. Maybe TAG is the largest now? It’s sad. But whatever…Ded server, ded tier, ded game….

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: kemrys.1436

kemrys.1436

Jente -

Come on back, and look for the commanders repping [LION], [Maki], or [DRK]. I’m not a member of any of those guilds, but they’re long-term FC stalwarts and they’ve always been great to me and to my guild’s members. You’ll have fun and feel welcomed.

Atticus The Grey
Order of the Grey [OrG]

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: yiksing.9432

yiksing.9432

As a FC player who plays mainly oceanic hours, the main issue both DH and FC side has with the merge is culture shock. Note what I’m about to say is not meant to offend or blame DH for anything that happens. I’m just pointing out the differences in the 2 server’s community.

FC community can pretty much be summed up as super tight, small numbers of people who knows everyone else. The only ones left on FC before linking are mostly very experienced wvw’ers and has been loyal to the server. One week after Iinking majority FC players stopped playing. It is common on FC where no commander tags are up at all because everyone pretty much knows what they are supposed to do. When a request for help is heard, everyone will drops whatever they are doing and help defend 99% of the time unless it’s too late or a better trade off in terms of objectives.

Sadly this is not as common as I experienced from DH side, since the last 4 matchups. There are only 3 instances where I called for help (as guildie informed BL getting wiped) and received them promptly from 2 separate DH commanders.

Often times when a certain DH commander asked his squad to stay on tag to go defend another node while in the process of trying to cap another, it’s not uncommon to see the commander and a few die horribly as his majority squad members prefers their reward from capping stuff instead of defending with the commander or “push”. I have in fact experienced the worst when around 8 of us rammed Bay north inner gate, went in and see around 4 enemies in front of us but majority of our side heads straight into lords room and ignoring the enemies. You know how it ends and this is not a one time occurrence.

The wvw strategy between the 2 servers is simply different, DH favors recapping from what I observed (I’m not saying it happens all the time as one DH commander has repeatedly shown that defending objectives is high priority, heavily sieging up keeps and towers and consistently asked for people to refresh siege and mentoring people when and what to during wvw). However most of the time it seems like one squad is doing their own thing in EB while another is doing their own in another BL but doesn’t communicate or respond to help even both squads are from same DH server. Needless to say some players from both server has given up calling for help in times of need.

I also noticed there are numerous “lazy” experienced (gold and silver rank) wvw players on DH side (some are probably pve’ers who just want to get badges or whatever for their objectives in other game mode like crafting legendary, etc etc).

All they do is follow a tag but doesn’t contribute anything, they don’t run supply after commander drop sieges, they don’t resupply for inners, sometimes they dont even build the dropped siege. No back capping supply camps or even resupply when trying for a lightly defended towers or objectives which ends up failing due to no supply for sieges. When no tag is up they wait at spawn point.

As I am on my thief most of the time, it irks me to no end when I have to build a treb all by myself in a closeby tower to open the keep walls and these people just stand next to me without helping but suddenly become active when walls are down.

The tl:dr version is culture shock and lack of initiative to contribute in wvw due to multiple reasons.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

Yeah, it is kinda rough atm on DH population wise. WE have had some good fights with both servers, but as far as being competitive across the board, we just don’t have the numbers right now. We have a nice core of players that show up day after day, play as best we can, and try to have some fun.

As far as fights go, can’t really say i have seen a lot of “runners” from fights from NSP or HoD. I have good fights from both servers. Won some, lost some, and lost every single one (looking at you Aegon (<.<)), lol.

It’s true, atm, we cannot go blob vs blob, but there are good fights to be had. I’m just rolling with what we got.

See you guys in game and don’t forget, Fear the Fro, lol.

<3

As for the people complaining about running into towers, every servers got their fair share of it. But every servers got their well known roamers. I had great fights all around, be it with HoD or DH. Lots of duels also! My suggestion is to add those whom you know are good sports and ask them on which map they are. You will find yourself some good fights in no time.

Don’t blame the pugs or the players that did not even yet reach above bronze invader for running or siege humping. Just move on and fight roamers or try to squeeze yourself near the enemy tail and annoy them to hell. It’s what I do and most of the time I get my fair share of fun! For sure there is always the boiling point where the enemy commander decide that you killed enough of his players to be worth hunting down, but that’s part of the game ^^

Thanks everyone whom I dueled and thanks to those who still roam! We are stuck in this matchup until further changes from Anet. So do yourself a favor and take it for what it is. Let the hunt continue!

(edited by Phantom.5389)

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I like DH.
Always outnumbered but always fight with what they have.
Numbers-wise, cannot compete with NSP or HoD, skill-wise…equal or better (especially NSP, their roamers are awful……jk…….well sorta)

Well NSP changed alot we had several good roammers in the past, and some changed to a more group wide gameplay, due population problems we had in the past (still have it but nothing awfull has we didi in the past, when we arrived t3… was really aawfull being stuck with a 10 man across all bls vs stacked swarmers almost 24/7).

I kinda agree with you, if u notices the classes nsp players use… it it not that gimmick cluster route, reason it feels they are worse than before, still able to stress larger groups with lesser IF a good commander is on, since many left the game.

Btw, if hoders here, good and fun fight over SM yesterday few hours before reset , sadly nsp players time went out batery , wonder if linking system needs to take into account the server most population timezone, for more fun.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: JFLaliberte.5749

JFLaliberte.5749

Those guilds that transfered from DH to other servers are kitten guilds who weren’t good enough for WvW. It’s not Anet that destroyed the server, It’s those kitten guilds that think they need to always be first at all cost.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

You might as well as Anet staff be on NSP server claiming towers and keeps to further rub it in. Ohh wait you already do. So thank you

I’ve been wondering this as well. I’m on HOD and some of our folks noticed that ANeT claimed some objectives. I thought ANeT was supposed to be neutral and not take sides. Seeing that ANeT has a 64 level “guild hall” the WvW buffs can be abused by devs and monitors who work for ANeT. This should be highly discouraged and against ANeT policies. Now if it was a mistake, so be it. But if ANeT reps are claiming objectives in WvW I find it highly unfair, seeing that I never see ANeT devs on HOD’s or DH’s server.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I’ve been wondering this as well. I’m on HOD and some of our folks noticed that ANeT claimed some objectives. I thought ANeT was supposed to be neutral and not take sides. Seeing that ANeT has a 64 level “guild hall” the WvW buffs can be abused by devs and monitors who work for ANeT. This should be highly discouraged and against ANeT policies. Now if it was a mistake, so be it. But if ANeT reps are claiming objectives in WvW I find it highly unfair, seeing that I never see ANeT devs on HOD’s or DH’s server.

I’m on NSP. We’ve taken towers held by Anet before, it’s nothing new.

Kash
NSP

Darkhaven

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

interesting ive seen tower owned by Anet in HoD or Dh, south tower, hills side, and east tower from keep 2-3 week ago.

They flip form server to server it is nothing new. banwagoners XD, sorry could not resist to joke a bit >:)

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

You might as well as Anet staff be on NSP server claiming towers and keeps to further rub it in. Ohh wait you already do. So thank you

wow.

im under the impression that the anet guild bought all of their upgrades with the resources of their employees’ play accounts. not that they used the dev tools or something to automatically grant themselves all of that stuff. they have around 300 employees and they are mostly active players (if not all). many guilds had everything in a couple months with only 40-100 active players.

if you really are jealous of a supply buff, i suggest joining any large wvw or pve guild and jump through their hoops enough to get claiming rights. by this time in the games life, supply buffs are nothing special.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Give me a break Anet guild has been claiming things everywhere for weeks now, no different than any other guild on any server, just that they don’t all play on the same server. The week before merge Anet claimed WC for BP (I have it on video), of course BP lost that week, ergo Anet claiming stuff for a server doesn’t make a bit of difference how the server does in the match.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Darkhaven

in WvW

Heibi.4251

Give me a break Anet guild has been claiming things everywhere for weeks now, no different than any other guild on any server, just that they don’t all play on the same server. The week before merge Anet claimed WC for BP (I have it on video), of course BP lost that week, ergo Anet claiming stuff for a server doesn’t make a bit of difference how the server does in the match.

The problem here is ANeT is the kittening ADMIN for the whole game. If they start taking sides it speaks ill of their so called “balance” and so called neutral existence. ANeT “employees” should never claim anything in WvW. They are breaking their own rules that they admonish players for “Interfering with other players enjoyment of the game”(something to that effect). It also makes it like they are playing favorites. As far as we have seen on our server ANeT hasn’t claimed anything, and we don’t want them to. Our guilds have built themselves up and can’t influence the game with Admin powers like ANeT can.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

The problem here is ANeT is the kittening ADMIN for the whole game. If they start taking sides it speaks ill of their so called “balance” and so called neutral existence. ANeT “employees” should never claim anything in WvW. They are breaking their own rules that they admonish players for “Interfering with other players enjoyment of the game”(something to that effect). It also makes it like they are playing favorites. As far as we have seen on our server ANeT hasn’t claimed anything, and we don’t want them to. Our guilds have built themselves up and can’t influence the game with Admin powers like ANeT can.

I don’t think they’re taking sides. I don’t mind if they play WvW mode and mess around with the mechanics out there, we always tell them they should play it and see how things are.

Kash
NSP

Darkhaven

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

pic i had of 24 may was on DH bl after all :P

Still i think it is fun to see where devs are, and keeps an eye on WvW.

Probably next time, ill try to rush and sneak atack behind when they are capping XD.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

they arent influencing the game with admin powers in any way except to ban cheaters and hackers. if your enjoyment is being interfered with, get over yourself.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

LOL Anet has magical influencing admin powers. I like the fact Anet is joining the fight and interacting with us. Some people will cry about anything get over it. I have fought with and killed a few Anet reps. The stupidity of anyone actually getting salty over this might want to start life over and grow up.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Heibi.4251

LOL Anet has magical influencing admin powers. I like the fact Anet is joining the fight and interacting with us. Some people will cry about anything get over it. I have fought with and killed a few Anet reps. The stupidity of anyone actually getting salty over this might want to start life over and grow up.

So, imagine this if you will. No guild with bonuses(very rare, I know) is available to claim a keep/tower/camp after it is taken. The group needs the +5 supply for their next attack. One of the players just happens to be an ANeT rep. He/She switches over to ANeT tag and claims the objective. ANeT has just influenced the game at that point and has taken sides.

The whole point here is, anyone who can be judge, jury, and executioner should never take sides. They should play anonymously and only put up their ANeT tag when necessary in WvW. There is no saltiness here, only logic.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

So, imagine this if you will. No guild with bonuses(very rare, I know) is available to claim a keep/tower/camp after it is taken. The group needs the +5 supply for their next attack. One of the players just happens to be an ANeT rep. He/She switches over to ANeT tag and claims the objective. ANeT has just influenced the game at that point and has taken sides.

The whole point here is, anyone who can be judge, jury, and executioner should never take sides. They should play anonymously and only put up their ANeT tag when necessary in WvW. There is no saltiness here, only logic.

That which is inflexible often breaks.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Heibi.4251

No, a person taking part in an incident that he/she will act in judgement of will break the trust in a system that should have impartial justice.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

……Are you seriously arguing that anet shouldn’t play WvW?
You know how often people complain that anet doesn’t understand WvW since they are rarely seen outside of T1 pug blobs? How the hell could you possibly be upset with them playing in T4 and learning the game mode that they are supposed to make adjustments to?

…. seriously wtf

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

No, a person taking part in an incident that he/she will act in judgement of will break the trust in a system that should have impartial justice.

How can one judge in an environment that they have not personally experienced?
How can we trust in ones we never see if they chose to never be seen?

Darkhaven

in WvW

Heibi.4251

Jim Hunter,
When did I say that ANeT reps shouldn’t play WvW? Never. Read what I wrote.

Justine,
They can play in the WvW environment without using their ANeT privileges. We know they do play both anonymously and overtly – I’ve seen the ANeT tag over players’ heads at times. But to use their “guild” as a way to boost/help a particular server breaks impartiality. As a simple player, even if they have the ANeT symbol over their head, they can only influence things as far as t heir skill. But using the resources of a ADMIN Guild is a totally different subject and should be against their dev rules to do. If you can’t see that then you see 1 sheep and 2 wolves deciding what or who’s for dinner to be a fair decision. Judges should always avoid anything that shows favoritism, no matter how small.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter,

Justine,
They can play in the WvW environment without using their ANeT privileges. We know they do play both anonymously and overtly – I’ve seen the ANeT tag over players’ heads at times. But to use their “guild” as a way to boost/help a particular server breaks impartiality. As a simple player, even if they have the ANeT symbol over their head, they can only influence things as far as t heir skill. But using the resources of a ADMIN Guild is a totally different subject and should be against their dev rules to do. If you can’t see that then you see 1 sheep and 2 wolves deciding what or who’s for dinner to be a fair decision. Judges should always avoid anything that shows favoritism, no matter how small.

Claiming things isn’t “using their anet privileges”. Like it or not the stupid HoT guild upgrades are a part of WvW, using them is part of playing the game.

If you catch them flying around, turning invisible, swapping teams to walk through a tower door and then swapping back, then you can kitten. But you are crying about everyday game play and it’s ridiculous.

LGN

Darkhaven

in WvW

Heibi.4251

Jim Hunter,

Claiming things isn’t “using their anet privileges”. Like it or not the stupid HoT guild upgrades are a part of WvW, using them is part of playing the game.

If you catch them flying around, turning invisible, swapping teams to walk through a tower door and then swapping back, then you can kitten. But you are crying about everyday game play and it’s ridiculous.

ANeT is the admin of the game. Any player who represents ANeT has both privileges and responsibilities in having said tag. And, Jim Hunter, did I say anything about the HoT upgrades being bad? Again, no. Read what I wrote. I personally like the upgrades.

I just don’t like the idea of an Admin for the whole kittening game using his/her Admin gained privileges to influence the outcome of the game. Like I have said, and apparently haven’t read a word of it, ANeT reps should remain impartial. And claiming objectives as an ANeT rep is not impartial.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter,

ANeT is the admin of the game. Any player who represents ANeT has both privileges and responsibilities in having said tag. And, Jim Hunter, did I say anything about the HoT upgrades being bad? Again, no. Read what I wrote. I personally like the upgrades.

I just don’t like the idea of an Admin for the whole kittening game using his/her Admin gained privileges to influence the outcome of the game. Like I have said, and apparently haven’t read a word of it, ANeT reps should remain impartial. And claiming objectives as an ANeT rep is not impartial.

What makes you think their guild hall upgrades are “admin gained privileges” and not something they worked for?

And if they did get them through normal play why shouldn’t they be allowed to use them? Do you also have a problem with them using siege? Is the only acceptable form of play for them to run around in a blob spamming 1?

LGN

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: kandle.2367

kandle.2367

I just don’t like the idea of an Admin for the whole kittening game using his/her Admin gained privileges to influence the outcome of the game.

Yea, cuz ANET claiming a tower has really affected T4 match-ups. OH WAIT-T4 hasn’t changed in 6 weeks. Silly me…
Where do you expect them to WVW? Auric Basin? They are regular ppl like the rest of us that enjoy the game. An ANET tag doesn’t mean they are being calculating or whatever this thread is accusing them of-SMH

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Warhawk.7095

Warhawk.7095

Wow, this thread had devolved into the most asinine complaint imaginable. No wonder nobody takes these forums seriously. If the Anet flag over a tower giving it +5 supply upsets anyone this much you seriously need to find something else to do with your time.

How about we get back on topic now? I want to see some grade A whining to make sure that FC and DH and manually split apart regardless of new pairings.

Rogue Spectre [Main]/[SNKY]
Fergyson’s Crosswalk
WvW Roamer, lover, fighter, and reckless glass cannon

Darkhaven

in WvW

Heibi.4251

Wow, this thread had devolved into the most asinine complaint imaginable. No wonder nobody takes these forums seriously. If the Anet flag over a tower giving it +5 supply upsets anyone this much you seriously need to find something else to do with your time.

How about we get back on topic now? I want to see some grade A whining to make sure that FC and DH and manually split apart regardless of new pairings.

I used a quote from the actual OP about ANeT claiming towers for NSP. So it is fair game to talk about what ANeT is doing to and in WvW.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’d rather them be doing something to get a feel for the state of the game rather than be forced into blob/low-impact mentality of spamming 1 and doing absolutely nothing at all.

If anything I don’t think they’re trying to play high-impact enough. When they’ve been on my server, they’ve always been in the blob following the primary tag; I’ve never seen them join tagged havoc groups or fight small-scale. I think it’d give them a lot to learn about the format as a whole.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Zain.4987

Zain.4987

What admin gained privileges are they using to influence matches? Anet claiming objectives like every other player/guild is able to, does not influence a mach at all. Not sure if you’ve noticed but Anet claiming things for NSP/SF hasn’t helped them much since they have come in second to HoD/Ebay 3 – 4 in a row now.

Attachments:

Darkhaven

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Dont care if Anet do this while figthing the server i am, IMO they are welcome, what they do is far from influencing the match.

And BTW dont make a tempest in a glass of water please…..

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Warhawk.7095

Warhawk.7095

I used a quote from the actual OP about ANeT claiming towers for NSP. So it is fair game to talk about what ANeT is doing to and in WvW.

You’re right, you are free to moan and complain about something utterly pointless and inconsequential to the game if you choose. But don’t expect to get taken seriously.

Rogue Spectre [Main]/[SNKY]
Fergyson’s Crosswalk
WvW Roamer, lover, fighter, and reckless glass cannon