Decay timer?!?! Are you kidding!

in WvW

Posted by: Kron.6938

Kron.6938

Here is the thing, the new decay timer waits about a minute till aggressive decay. Each kill tacks on 30 seconds to the timer for a total of 1 minute. Are you kitten kidding me, you basically took the module for the kill streak booster and added it to the timer?!?

You just basically hurt WvW right there for the reward track system and pip system. There are commanders who wait for those to gather up at a gate before moving out and sometimes it takes them several minutes to gather. Then you will have roamers who are trying to kill stuff on large maps.

Adjust the timers to something more reasonable, the current decay rate is way too fast.

Kron [TEST]

in WvW

Posted by: Sky Fell.7604

Sky Fell.7604

Participation decay timers have been adjusted so that players must be more active to keep participation from decaying.

RIP solo roaming, defending, off peak scouting, and defense calls.

in WvW

Posted by: Gunner Morton.8340

Gunner Morton.8340

This change wasn’t even tested before pushing live.

I used to play WvW on Gunnar’s Hold, then I took a flawed serverlink to the knee.

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

Well if they fix their implementation of “inactivity” that’s fine.

But then, you should not get decay if you’re roaming and are attacking people around without necessarily killing, you should not get decay for defending a tower attack etc.

But if they didn’t fix that … yeah it’s gonna be an ugly mess. Fixing outnumbered was more than enough…

But hey, makes it even harder to get pips now, “these” people are gonna be happy at least.

(edited by Deihnyx.6318)

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Yeah, this is incredibly aggressive and basically makes it impossible to maintain participation unless the enemies literally respawn and throw themselves at your zerg one at a time.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

I agree. It leaves barely any time for formulating plans. It should be re-adjusted quickly. I logged back in after the patch, and it was horrible. Couldn’t get to anything fast enough to avoid the decay. Literally.

RIP roaming, RIP organizing the squad’s next objective (whether an open field fight or a cap/defense).

It either needs to be fixed or separate our skills from pve finally (and double our speed skills). Holy mother of Dwayna. :/

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Posted by: xiiliea.9356

xiiliea.9356

Looks like it’s even more pointless and a waste of time to build siege now.

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

I guess this will stop people complaining about outnumbered pips now :P

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

Sure. At the expense of people that haven’t abused it, which is clearly the majority, since, if everyone was doing it, there would never be any outnumbered maps at all.

I logged on, saw the decay, nothing nearby to save myself from it, logged off. Now it is, truly – #pipstress

P.S. I do realize you were being sarcastic.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Agreed that it’s too aggressive… BUT… Perhaps that will filter out the big amount of people that seem to hang around spawn for 10-15 minutes gathering their pips before logging out of WvW.

I think it should NOT be as short as it’s been made now… but definitely shorter than what it was before. Like ONE cycle, not 2 or 3 before it starts winding down. 1 minute is seriously just ridiculous, imo.

Sometimes it takes a couple minutes just to get to the other side of some bl’s! That seriously puts a big flaw in this change…

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

Yay maybe scouts will leave their walls more and actually move around the map

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Yay maybe scouts will leave their walls more and actually move around the map

That’s the problem! We need scouts to do what they do. This new system actually makes it even worse for people who scout to hang around and help notify/defend a keep that’s about to be attacked.

It really just encourages more and more farming and that’s about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Here’s hoping someone accidentally modified the decay timer from 600 to 60 seconds and a new build fixes it by the end of the day.

in WvW

DemonSeed.3528

Sure. At the expense of people that haven’t abused it, which is clearly the majority, since, if everyone was doing it, there would never be any outnumbered maps at all.

I logged on, saw the decay, nothing nearby to save myself from it, logged off. Now it is, truly – #pipstress

P.S. I do realize you were being sarcastic.

Hehehe ty.

in WvW

DemonSeed.3528

Agreed that it’s too aggressive… BUT… Perhaps that will filter out the big amount of people that seem to hang around spawn for 10-15 minutes gathering their pips before logging out of WvW.

I think it should NOT be as short as it’s been made now… but definitely shorter than what it was before. Like ONE cycle, not 2 or 3 before it starts winding down. 1 minute is seriously just ridiculous, imo.

Sometimes it takes a couple minutes just to get to the other side of some bl’s! That seriously puts a big flaw in this change…

Hmm, you’re right – I guess the decay is especially bad for maps like dbl in particular.

in WvW

Posted by: marelooke.9708

marelooke.9708

Just calculate the rewards left based on the current state of the map and pay them out, give debuff that makes one ineligible for WvW rewards for the time it’d have taken for the participation to run out (to avoid hopping in and out of WvW) and be done with it.

Like, fix the problem instead of tossing in a half baked “fix” and breaking everything else…

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

I had the decay timer kick on while I was actively trebbing an enemy tower.

Fix please.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

This is just about a dumb a ‘fix’ as it is possible to put in for decay.

Clearly those writing this change have NO CLUE what wvw is like away from mega blob prime time servers.

On a quiet map it can take two minutes to reach a target. Then I might be waiting for enemies to move off before capping that camp. Or waiting for the invuln timer to run out.

It was long enough to reach tier 3 on most maps outside of zerg prime time mindless spam 1 mode, but with this change it’s just got stupid.

Now the only option is mindless zerg and hope for a res if you die, as if you have to run back to the blob fight your decay means only way to maintain pips is to find a zerg and be in it.

The outnumbered fix was fine.

Decay should start after 5 minutes, then unless you do something useful your pip earning stops. So AFK pip earners would earn one set of pips and then nothing.

This decay is laughable. So glad I’m hardly playing now, I can laugh at the ineptitude of this change rather than be playing as much as I used to and be crying over it.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

@Baldrick… I’m not even going into wvw now, and won’t until/unless this is corrected. Totally pointless.

in WvW

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

This really sounds like overkill. It is bad enough that WvW did not actually receive any meaningful fixes or actual class balancing that has been turning away players for a long time, but then to go ahead and ruin one of the few incentives that people have to play WvW and basically promote one type of gameplay is just really short sighted and a terrible path for anet to go down.

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

This is a case of “Be careful what you wish for”.

A loud minority of people raised a massive stink about supposed “Outnumbered Abuse” that was never an issue as it only took place during off peak times. Well now that problem, as well as the AFK farm is solved.

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Rewards people who maxed out their pips for this week, before the patch.

I’ll throw my hand up to request a review of the decay monster.

in WvW

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Arena Nerf is Back in Business!!

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

The decay timer isn’t anything to do with outnumbered. Do you seriously think that players can hang around on a map letting their participation decay while it’s outnumbered? The more players there are doing this the less chance of outnumbered existing in the first place!

There are two separate things here. The change to outnumbered is a step in the right direction, although it’s not clear what happens if the buff doesn’t last for the full five minutes. Presumably the outnumbered credit will be more rare now.

The decay inactivity change is presumably about trying to stop players hanging around in citadel (or another “safe” place) and occupying a queue slot that an active player is waiting for.

For the record, I’m in favour of the outnumbered change. Haven’t logged in yet to see the effect of the decay timer, but as someone who often scouts and roams, I think this change will be a lot less welcome.

(edited by Yuffi.2430)

in WvW

Posted by: Rhiannon.1726

Rhiannon.1726

What are you talking about?

I had t6 participation and after capturing a tower I went to spawn to clear my inventory and than decided to watch the timer:
It took 6 min until decay started. Regarding the tower timer, decay started 10 min after the tower was captured.

Get to t6, capture something and than watch the timer.
I think it is definitely more than 1 min.

BTW I was mostly roaming on DBL and never had decay.

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

They could simply ONLY add a more aggressive decay IF there’s a waiting line…
There, done…

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Guess the gift of battle aquisition complaints going to be viable now with this change.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Kron.6938

The decay timer isn’t anything to do with outnumbered. Do you seriously think that players can hang around on a map letting their participation decay while it’s outnumbered? The more players there are doing this the less chance of outnumbered existing in the first place!

There are two separate things here. The change to outnumbered is a step in the right direction, although it’s not clear what happens if the buff doesn’t last for the full five minutes. Presumably the outnumbered credit will be more rare now.

The decay inactivity change is presumably about trying to stop players hanging around in citadel (or another “safe” place) and occupying a queue slot that an active player is waiting for.

For the record, I’m in favour of the outnumbered change. Haven’t logged in yet to see the effect of the decay timer, but as someone who often scouts and roams, I think this change will be a lot less welcome.

This isn’t about the outnumbered buff corrections. This is about the decay timer correction which is completely messed up. I could give two kittens if outnumbered gave pips or not, but that decay timer basically tells me that my time fighting in WvW, or running across a map to take an objective or have a zerg fail a fight without a single death kills my chance at rewards because there wasn’t enough time to reward me for a kitten minute.

THAT is the issue, that is what needs to be FIXED. The decay timer is STOPPING active PLAYERS from doing objectives due to TIME CONSTRAINTS.

This reply really isn’t directed to you, but more to the issue that is currently happening. Outnumbered means jack to me at this point, but basically killing my rewards due to a stupid timer that is linked to killing something every 30 seconds is ridiculous.

Kron [TEST]

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

A loud minority of people raised a massive stink about supposed “Outnumbered Abuse” that was never an issue as it only took place during off peak times. Well now that problem, as well as the AFK farm is solved.

im laughing hard too.
They got what they want, they shoulda be happy and celebrate.

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

im laughing hard too.

as noted already…. the decay timer has NOTHING to do with the outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

ANet if you increase the decay timer you also need to increase the WvW Participation %s for each tier…you know the Participation Chart by tier.

You missed increasing participation on everything by +66% …

Quicker to gain/quicker to lose

(edited by Artaz.3819)

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

oh well the only game mode that i was actually still playing….(im a solo/small scale roamer, hate zerging)

and now they made the rewards worse in a game mode that already has the lowest reward per hour spent. GG Anet.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Rhiannon.1726

oh well the only game mode that i was actually still playing….(im a solo/small scale roamer, hate zerging)

and now they made the rewards worse in a game mode that already has the lowest reward per hour spent. GG Anet.

I was mostly roaming on DBL this evening and never had decay.

See also my post above.

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

I had the decay timer kick on while I was actively trebbing an enemy tower.

Fix please.

Bug or change to Participation Table ? That should not be happening unless we have something undocumented.

in WvW

Posted by: Sikamori.4791

Sikamori.4791

The decay timer only hits you hard if you aren’t doing anything in the first like 5mins.
Put 100 sup into a wall? you get the same timer before the patch.
take 2 camps in like 10mins? you should get the same as before the patch.
kill like 5 players? as I said, it’s the same as before the patch.

It only hits you that hard with the 1min if you aren’t doing a lot. It all depends on how much you do.

Which is kinda sad because ohey I can take 5camps then go back to afking like normal.. yay! [I don’t do this, I’m just saying this doesn’t really stop people from afking, it just makes them put in some work for 30mins ish then go back to normal..]

That being said, this should kind of help those complaining about not having a high rank, it’ll either push your butt into doing work or you’ll give up. This doesn’t hurt us that have been in wvw for a long time and will still be there until the mode/game shuts down. :P

(edited by Sikamori.4791)

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Well, I tested a couple of things solo after this patch and here’s what I’ve found.

1) It now seems to take longer to get through T1 and T2 participation even without fretting about the decay timer. So if you’re faced with a non RI camp and 2 shrines all in a row, which would’ve got you to T3 or close enough yesterday, it doesnt seem to today.

2) Decay timer kicks in way too quick working up to T3, seemed to have alittle more leeway at T3, but then went right back to quick decay at T4.

ALL in all, I believe there’s a happy medium between what we had yesterday and what we’re faced with today and that goes for any playstyle. This, is just way too much for anyone though no matter how they run.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Whatever happened to ANet’s professed “minor adjustments?”

in WvW

Kron.6938

The decay timer only hits you hard if you aren’t doing anything in the first like 5mins.
Put 100 sup into a wall? you get the same timer before the patch.
take 2 camps in like 10mins? you should get the same as before the patch.
kill like 5 players? as I said, it’s the same as before the patch.

It only hits you that hard with the 1min if you aren’t doing a lot. It all depends on how much you do.

Which is kinda sad because ohey I can take 5camps then go back to afking like normal.. yay! [I don’t do this, I’m just saying this doesn’t really stop people from afking, it just makes them put in some work for 30mins ish then go back to normal..]

That being said, this should kind of help those complaining about not having a high rank, it’ll either push your butt into doing work or you’ll give up. This doesn’t hurt us that have been in wvw for a long time and will still be there until the mode/game shuts down. :P

This is where there is an issue, I was playing hard on a T1 match, killing guards, capping objectives, and yet the decay timer was still doing the same old thing, 30 seconds added to a 1 minute timer per kill. I was at tier 6 participation and it was dropping fast.

The problem isn’t that I wasn’t active doing things in game, it was within 1 minute. So if its working for you, that is fine and dandy. But then that means there is a bug where others are being stuck with a decay timer of 1 minute and it doesn’t increase.

And believe me, I have a high rank in WvW, along with other things. So that isn’t the issue. As it was stated before and been verified by others that the decay timer is either bugged or broken and needs to be adjusted.

Kron [TEST]

in WvW

Posted by: JFLaliberte.5749

JFLaliberte.5749

This is meant to stop the pip farmers from taking up valuable spots in BLs by sitting at spawn and only working on keeping their participation bar active every few 10 minutes instead of doing what we wvw players do, and that’s actually play.

in WvW

Posted by: Strages.2950

Strages.2950

Just do the decay timer kick in after 5 minutes, and make it decay 33% faster than before. That would’ve been enough.

Honestly I dont think the Devs have any idea how long it takes to walk a borderland from south to north while evading groups that outnumber you to get to your own group/tag.

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

What kind of nonsense is that change ? The decay timer is now insane ! There’s no point in roaming, no point in scouting or defending. There aren’t enough actions that prevent the timer from falling down, let alone improving it.

Just by the time you run to a point, maybe engage in a fight and lose, and have to run again, you’re losing far too much ! There’s no serious way to keep participation up when you play small scale, and it has to be tweaked !

Or put such an insane timer only for people having the “invulnerable” buff one gets at spawn. That would make sense and be fine.

in WvW

Rhiannon.1726

Just do the decay timer kick in after 5 minutes, and make it decay 33% faster than before. That would’ve been enough.

Honestly I dont think the Devs have any idea how long it takes to walk a borderland from south to north while evading groups that outnumber you to get to your own group/tag.

I repeat myself:
I had t6 participation and after capturing a tower I went to spawn to clear my inventory and than decided to watch the timer:
It took 6 min until decay started. Regarding the tower timer, decay started 10 min after the tower was captured.

So I wonder what you are all doing in wvw…

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Or put such an insane timer only for people having the “invulnerable” buff one gets at spawn. That would make sense and be fine.

Then people will just AFK in towers/keeps

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

im laughing hard too.

I’m only laughing because I wouldn’t care if WvW didn’t have rewards at all. These changes mean nothing to me but I understand that it means a lot to other players.

Unfortunately when one person is satisfied, another might not be. This is why there are endless complaint threads and this is why every time there’s a major change, all those that share the same opinion come out of the wood work to voice it.

My two cents: Take what you get and be thankful you don’t have to pay to upgrade things or pay to repair your armor like it used to be. You can actually make money in WvW now instead of losing it. Suggest improvements if there are things you’d like to see changed instead of angrily criticising everything ANet tries to do.

With that said, I do very much agree – ANet doesn’t have much of an understanding how WvW works if that decay timer wasn’t an accident.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

Killing a guard in a camp set the decay to about 2mins, trebs I’m guessing are 1min. Small tasks buy you a small amount of time, larger seem to reset it to larger times.

I captured a camp and it got set to 10mins. Got 5mins for a sentry. The decay doesn’t seem to be additive as I captured 2 sentries within 1min of each other and the decay was set to 5mins.

Repairing Stonemist set to 5mins. Stonemist defend event 10mins. Didn’t test everything but some of the information in this thread is extremely misleading.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

im laughing hard too.

This can not be repeated enough. Where they were demanding more PIPs (though PIPs aren’t the reward, tickets are) through tinkering with the outmanned buff, they ended up nuking roamers and scouts from earning much of anything. Anet is promoting even more K-train activity.

However, if you thought his was a disaster, wait till you see what they do next! LOL

SBI

in WvW

DemonSeed.3528

I repeat myself:

So I wonder what you are all doing in wvw…

After playing around for a bit and reaching t6 a few times, I felt overall it did feel ok’ish, I just think it tries to encourage you to reach t6 when you are around t3 range or something. I’ve just been roaming around with my thief capping few towers here and there, sentries, killing stragglers, stuff like that. Not sure about the other guys, maybe they are stuck around the t3-t4 range, maybe the decay affects more there, no idea. I do have same general experience as you though.

in WvW

Rhiannon.1726

Killing a guard in a camp set the decay to about 2mins, trebs I’m guessing are 1min. Small tasks buy you a small amount of time, larger seem to reset it to larger times.

I captured a camp and it got set to 10mins. Got 5mins for a sentry. The decay doesn’t seem to be additive as I captured 2 sentries within 1min of each other and the decay was set to 5mins.

Repairing Stonemist set to 5mins. Stonemist defend event 10mins. Didn’t test everything but some of the information in this thread is extremely misleading.

This.

Reading this thread gives the impression that you just have one minute no matter what you do. Which is completely wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Participation decay timers have been adjusted so that players must be more active to keep participation from decaying.

RIP solo roaming, defending, off peak scouting, and defense calls.

^^ this ^^
The change was way too drastic and makes solo roaming and any sort of scouting a pain. Is Arenanet trying to promote even more zerging and blobbing? karma train the maps in a big kitten blob.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

How about most of the people in this thread actually playing with the fix before condemning ArenaNet for not testing it?

If a camp really gets you 10 minutes and a sentry gets you five, that’s plenty of time to get to another objective and actually DO something.

I am curious how much killing a guard gets you as they are plentiful and do earn you WxP, not to mention credit for the objective if it’s taken later by someone else.