December temporary rule changes, dates?

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

We pretty much know what will happen:

White Sword Removal:
1- Inexperienced players will no longer know where to go.
2- The WvW experience will rely even more on voice chat, something that isn’t even implemented in GW2.
3- Everything will turn into a huge Karma Train like EotM, unless you have a scout in every tower and keeps there will be no way to know where the enemy is. This will literally kill low tier servers where the population is too thin to spread out.

1. inexperience players possibly don’t even know anything about white swords. Why wouldn’t they know where to go? Are they removing map what and commander Pins too? Scouts would herald exactly where to go.

2. Nothing “relies” on voice chat beyond convenient efficiency. Map chat is sufficient enough. in my opinion, there is no reason not to be in a servers voice chat anyway. The access to it and location to find are posted in map chat often anyway

3. You have no evidence of this. It is possible. Anything is. But you do not know this. They are doing a test an we will find out for certain. As of now, your just trying to fear monger in my opinion.

PPK:
1- While good in theory it is a flawed way to fix the broken PPT problem where the outcome of a match can always be known in advance because:
- PPK will make people blob up just even more. The biggest blob will almost always win and be able to res their downs.
- It will give the Warrior class an unfair advantage, because they can always res their allies. Perpare yourself for huge blobs with 50% warriors.
In short to go with the PPK you need to fix the class balance first: Increase AoE limit for light armor classes to discourage blobbing. Or increase AoE Skill damage.

I see no evidence that PPT is broken. It works precisely as it is supposed to as far as I am aware. I am not entirely certain broken means what you think it means. You are completely dishonest to claim you can know the outcome in advance, you can suspect it, but to claim you know it is fear mongering in order to push your own agendy in my opinion.

I see nothing to support your claim about warriors, other professions can do that as we.. Not to mention, under the current conditions, warriors are already a highly desired profession for hammer trains and banners, I don’t see much changing when you take “bloodlust” into account.

As to your last point, I don’t know where you coming up with these assumptions. We previously had both higher AoE limit and higher AoE damage. Nothing your claiming accured in that situation. Are you making the historic error of ignoring the past?

Anyway, it will change the PPT meta certainly but it will not make WvW more interesting, to the contrary.
If your objective is to make WvW more interesting you should make content like improved Stonemist battles, faster and stronger supply doyaks, Keeps with more types of defenses, where outer can be upgraded seperatly from inner, buildable barricades, new maps in rotation (removal of duplcated maps), harmonization of rewards between EotM and normal maps… not do little changes that may make the game worse.

Who won’t it make it interesting for? You haven’t tried it, so you either do not know if you will find it interesting, or have already decided you will do whatever you have to in order to dislike it for the sake of doing so.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I see no evidence that PPT is broken. It works precisely as it is supposed to as far as I am aware. I am not entirely certain broken means what you think it means. You are completely dishonest to claim you can know the outcome in advance, you can suspect it, but to claim you know it is fear mongering in order to push your own agendy in my opinion.

I see nothing to support your claim about warriors, other professions can do that as we.. Not to mention, under the current conditions, warriors are already a highly desired profession for hammer trains and banners, I don’t see much changing when you take “bloodlust” into account.

Just those 2 points alone:
Are you intentionally omitting the fact that at the last tournament everyone knew the outcome of every single matchup and could predict the end result of the tournament for every tier? Because that is what happened, with an error margin that was negligible.
If that isn’t a sign for you that PPT is broken I don’t know what can be.

As for warriors, anyone will understand that being able to insta-res someone in a context where kills are added to the score is a serious advantage for PPT over other classes who cannot do the same. It’s just logical.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Just those 2 points alone:
Are you intentionally omitting the fact that at the last tournament everyone knew the outcome of every single matchup and could predict the end result of the tournament for every tier? Because that is what happened, with an error margin that was negligible.
If that isn’t a sign for you that PPT is broken I don’t know what can be.

Everyone expected my server (Eredon Terrace) to finish last, we ended in 6th.
We also expected DH to win over GoM (as all weeks prior season DH had won). GoM won bronze flawless.
No, you can’t always predict the outcome of a matchup as population shift can completely change the ppt. How can you predict that some guild suddenly decide to go out for another server without being on the said guild? Or that your server have enough achievment hunters that can make your server much bigger than it is outside seasons? Well, you can’t. Thus you can’t always predict the outcome of a match.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Shtos Vant.4182

Shtos Vant.4182

I think giving points to kills in a step in the right direction

…Anet could tally up all the kills by guilds in real time and post the score of every guild. This score should be as accessible as pressing B

Big guilds will probably kill the most ppl, but smaller guilds could still compete based on efficiency.

One scoring board based on total kills by guild, another score board is based on kill ratio per guild member…

If this were to happen, I predict it would profoundly change WvW.
-Guilds might consider changing servers for various reasons: GvG oriented servers, lower pop servers to avoid huge blobs, high pop servers to grow their guild
-The social prestige of being in a “good” guild will soar: non-guildies would want to join a guild, and existing guildies would show higher commitment.
-WvW play would change. Either bigger blobs where guilds want kills and aim to unite for strength, or smaller, single-guild groups insuring good efficiency.

My mind has been blown by this idea- ANET devs need to look at implementing this with the test.

ps-While being able to see Guild Kill Score/Efficiency Ratio across all servers would be great- even if you could only view your own guild stats, guilds would post screenshots for bragging rights.

Having fun on Kaineng [SKY]

in WvW

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

Is this just an attempt to get people to spend their Christmas money on server transfers because low population servers will be at an even greater disadvantage than they already are against higher population because they won’t be able to station any scouts without losing half their players to AFKing in a tower/keep?

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

We have to put up with this no white swords nonsense for four weeks? It was bad enough when I thought we’d just be trying it for one week.

I’d still like to hear why on earth they think this is a good idea. Even an anecdote from adopt-a-dev (which is presumably where this came from).

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I still think you people are too dramatic.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

If anything, do not remove white swords. We do not want more Player vs. Door, we want less of it.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

I like the part where this change goes live in the middle of an on-going match.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Easterbunny.6170

Easterbunny.6170

No No. Please remove the white swords. My solo taking of keeps with an alpha golem and 1 OTHER GUY is already way way to hard. G-d forbid some person showed up to stop it.

And hey, just because 3 people will be able to take and or back cap a map when orange swords are in say Garrison isnt a bad thing AT ALL!

Sorry, but if the way this game was intended to be played was for some poor B(s) word (take your choice) to be stuck in a keep or tower for 6 hours at a pop telling the people trying to play the game where to go and refreshing siege, it was really badly designed.

Mummies R Us
Gates of Madness Community
DUI Co-Founder

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

My solo taking of keeps with an alpha golem and 1 OTHER GUY is already way way to hard. G-d forbid some person showed up to stop it.

If there is another guy, it’s not solo…

in WvW

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

This kill for points thing… probably not the best idea even if it is a temporary event. The bigger server / zerg will completely demoralize other servers and no one will want to WvW. At least with the original formula small servers had a small chance of keeping up.

SO when will all players get free transfers every 3 months or so??

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

This kill for points thing… probably not the best idea even if it is a temporary event. The bigger server / zerg will completely demoralize other servers and no one will want to WvW. At least with the original formula small servers had a small chance of keeping up.

How is this any different the points from bloodlust?

I saw very few and limited complaints about points from bloodlust, so why do so many take issue with its next step of natural evolution?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

all i can say to ANET is, DO NOT remove it completely. have it function just like the airstrike in Silverwaste, trigger only when a player lights up the bonfire. at least other players can see it when triggered, without making it automatic.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

How is this any different the points from bloodlust?

I saw very few and limited complaints about points from bloodlust, so why do so many take issue with its next step of natural evolution?

Its very different from bloodlust. To get a point in bloodlust you had to stomp your opponent. (you already knew that right?)

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

That’s where zerg-busting comes in

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

I predict the removal of white swords will weed out all the wvw players who do not care about ppt or helping their server become better.

- Where did you get this idea? White swords is a defensive measure: it simply says that objective is under attack but tells nothing about what kind of force is attacking it. Could be one player “tagging” it or full zerg taking it. Scouting is definitely needed and appreciated even with white swords. Removing them is making defending harder… which is already giving us this “player vs. door” type gameplay. It’s strange why Arenanet would want us to rely on third party applications like voice chat to coordinate our game.

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

I personally think solo roaming will be dead with ppk implemented. I can picture people bringing 10 man roaming groups and having less amount of friendly duels because the other guy wants to finish you for points.

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: Videles.6759

Videles.6759

So more win for the already huge blobs that keep trampling the smaller servers that for some reason are always paired together?

Just fix the balance issues!!!

in WvW

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

Once again anet forgets that there are actually people on tier 5-8 servers.
Removing white swords is only going create a mini EotM. We in the lower tier servers do not have anyone to watch everything. We NEED white swords to know if something is being attacked. With this change it’s going to be impossible to defend and everyone is just going to start k-training.
Not to mention my guild raids are going to become boring as hell since everyone is going to be afraid of feeding us points…

in WvW

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

I predict the removal of white swords will change NOTHING

No really – half the players play for fights, they don’t care about structures of white swords or zergs

The other half are on a karma train which does not care about swords only pressing 1 and following commander

Maybe like 10% of WvW population actually scouts and plays for PPT

in WvW

Posted by: tichai.4351

tichai.4351

This is going to happen whether it is good or not, but if you are going to remove the white swords at least give some form of counter. i.e. stronger NPC’s.

Lower tier servers simply do not have the manpower to scout everything and certainly not out of primetime when there may be only 2 or 3 people on a map.

There will be absolutely no incentive to upgrade anything because we know 1 person is capable of flipping anything from a fully upgraded camp to a full T3 keep with relative ease and without the people and and ability to know where and when they are attacking the whole game becomes pointless and irrelevant.

Maybe it is time for the servers to call a strike and refuse to spend gold on upgrades for the month and see what effect it has on the game economy?

If PPK is to be the new thing then fine, take out all the towers and half the supply camps and leave a few keeps and join all the borderland maps and EB into one big, single map. If Anet are not capable of doing sometihing dramatic and game-changing please don’t make silly little annoying changes to upset people.

Like it or not, the WvW population, certainly in the lower tiers is diminishing, even in prime time, something needs to be done to stop the rot and this is not it.

As Narkodx said, there may only be 10% of the population interested in scouting and defending but if you decide to alienate them as well a 10% drop in the current population will not be doing anyone any favours.

Scrub Guardian [CHvc]
Gunnar’s Hold www.gunnarshold.eu

(edited by tichai.4351)

in WvW

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

how i see the “temporary changes in wvw”:

It reminds me of path of exiles “temporary leagues”
Where they create brand new fresh servers that last for a few weeks so everyone can start a new character and play the same game,but with a few tweeks and changes and additions.

Things such as
-open world pvp (not available in normal servers)
-unsuspected strong monsters that surround you when you aoe a large group of mobs
-addition of kill streak, gaining bonuses and effects the more mobs you kill in a short amount of time

Dont know how this will work in wvw, but in PoE it works great. tons of people gladly make new chars in a temporary new server with a few simple yet great tweeks in core gameplay.

And after the temporary server gets removed, the “best” players get rewarded and their characters get moved back to the normal servers.