Defeated State

Defeated State

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Exactly! Beside that, you’ve already killed a player, spike him in downed state, making him kissing the floor in defeated state and now you need to kill the same player just because your enemy blob is 2-4 times bigger than your numbers that it let them to mass ress those defeated players in the middle of a fight. Does that really make sense?

This. I don’t think you should even be able to rez fully dead people at all (in WvW).

Defeated State

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Exactly! Beside that, you’ve already killed a player, spike him in downed state, making him kissing the floor in defeated state and now you need to kill the same player just because your enemy blob is 2-4 times bigger than your numbers that it let them to mass ress those defeated players in the middle of a fight. Does that really make sense?

This. I don’t think you should even be able to rez fully dead people at all (in WvW).

IMO it’s fine if not in combat. The battle has already been won/lost at that point and if it isn’t you could just put them in combat by tossing a field on the corpse/aoe/cleave/etc.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Defeated State

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Bad idea, it’s easier, or more likely, for a large group to have some, or many, players who are out of combat.

If this is such a problem they easiest solution is to further reduce the maximum number of people rezzing a defeated player.

Defeated State

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

If you are a small group that work on killing a huge blob, mass ressing a defeated player is one of your main enemy. The feeling when you killed 10 players by your initial push to reduce your enemy blob from 80 to 70 just to see they are being ressed back by their blob. As the battle prolonged, the small group will eventually lose due to no sustain/utility on CD.

This mechanism also defeat the purpose of defending a keep when you are overwhelmed. What is the point of defending a keep with sieges when your enemy blob are able to mass ress every defeated players thus making their numbers to never go down=no breathing space for the defender.

How to fix this? Simply making a player unable to ress a defeated player if he is in combat. In order to ress a defeated player you need to be out of combat. I hate how this game has been dumb downed to go blob or go home. Please make this happen Anet.

p/s: Defeated state != Downed state.

Edit: Please read all the replies before you post as it does contribute to this matter

The “downed state” should be limited to or just done away with. Since during any zerg blob one can’t even get off a single dodge or healing let alone trying to escape, is useless and is, again, disheartening in the game experience. If I have died, great, if I am downed, then why isn’t my “knock down” ever knocking down a single player? Why can’t it be different for WvW in that it can knock all down and give ONE a chance to get away?

The rezzing thing? They should be able to, but the smaller side has no chance to rez their players, the timing for being “dead” needs to be exteneded quite a bit or get rid of it altogether, which I would not enjoy but it sure would be more fair than watching others get rezzed, you don’t and your side is wiped out your side has better skills and in a fair fight the opposing force would lose – end of story – justice is served and the skillful win the day.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Defeated State

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

agreed with the op.

as someone who runs with small groups fighting zergs all day it’s very discouraging to have all the players you killed in the initial pushed ressed that easily.

Making it so every extra resser past the first one contributed less and less to the ressing would also go a long way.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Defeated State

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Bad idea, it’s easier, or more likely, for a large group to have some, or many, players who are out of combat.

If this is such a problem they easiest solution is to further reduce the maximum number of people rezzing a defeated player.

Just put them in combat then… a single field could do that easily. The smaller group won’t be able to res the dead anyways so that’s a non-factor. It’s not a 100% fix but it would be far better than how it currently is. I’m all for lowering the amount of healing on downed/defeated players though.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Defeated State

in WvW

Posted by: Mizu.9387

Mizu.9387

OPs idea have been suggested since week 1 of GW2. Still no change, don’t hold your breath.

Sif Urkraft

Defeated State

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

IMO it’s fine if not in combat. The battle has already been won/lost at that point and if it isn’t you could just put them in combat by tossing a field on the corpse/aoe/cleave/etc.

I was thinking more of enabling small groups to harass a large zerg that’s far from its spawn and whittling down its size little by little. The small group can hit and run, killing those at the zerg’s tail, bringing down its size — while if OOC resurrecting of fully dead were allowed, the zerg always stays the same size.

Zergs would really have to worry about keeping their size and straying too far from WPs would be a genuine risk. I think it would really help servers with coverage disadvantages.

Defeated State

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

My suggestion:
downed players can be rezzed any time, but rezzing is interrupted uppon receiveing dmg.
—> rezzing traits can be changed, so that you can trait to be a medic/rezzer who is not interrupted by dmg.
defeated players can be rezzed only out of combat.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Defeated State

in WvW

Posted by: Aladdin.4603

Aladdin.4603

My suggestion:
downed players can be rezzed any time, but rezzing is interrupted uppon receiveing dmg.
—> rezzing traits can be changed, so that you can trait to be a medic/rezzer who is not interrupted by dmg.

I agree with this as well. It not only brings in more build diversities, it brings a fair advantage to outmanned players in whatever area they are in.

As a night capper in a lower silver tier EU server, it is a small organized group of 10-15 fighting off blobs of 40-50+ (aka karma train). Sometimes it just feels insulting to easily lose a T3 keep with WP when we are well sieged and all sieges manned, but they can just kitten the gates down (pvd) and rez anyone that dies in our cross fires… Often enough we down and kill many through skill, but those defeated players are rezzed back almost instantly as if nothing has happened and proceed to roll over us or capture the keep by preventing us from entering ring due to the massive AOE damages they lay.

Speaking of capturing keeps, why is the ring dependent on the number of players on the circle rather than just having a minimum time to capture? I mean it should be constant regardless of 1 person or 50 people in the circle, right? Why should a keep flip near instantly because 50 players are standing in it?

(edited by Aladdin.4603)

Defeated State

in WvW

Posted by: Mizu.9387

Mizu.9387

Why do we need the ability to ress defeated players at all? The maps are not that big to begin with. Teach people to play and stay alive and don’t promote bad behavior.
I like the suggestion of forcing defeated players to respawn, there’s enough handholding as it is.

Sif Urkraft

Defeated State

in WvW

Posted by: strifer.7986

strifer.7986

PLZ THIS +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
lol another post but… nothings from Anet yet..
guys we have to cry out louder…
we need to make 1000 thread….before someone even consider us…
and dont tell me suggestion forum is there…. because its flooded of pve crap that none care…. a great suggestion like this will disapper in a second….

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Remove-ability-to-res-finished-players/first

(edited by strifer.7986)

Defeated State

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

yeah its annoying. we was a 50 men guild zerg. and fighted against the whole vizu or sfr zerg yesterday. i dont know what number is the player cap but they was 2-3x as much as us. we killed everybody 2-3x but when we fighted with 50 of them 50 other ressed the 50 dead players. we was better but the whole situation was pointles. i made 47 kills but the whole situation was pointless.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Defeated State

in WvW

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

My suggestion:

This would kill smallerscale fights, i agree with the second part.

The first part however, no. I believe people should save their cc for times like that, It encourages smarter play in small fights.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

Defeated State

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The current systems allow bigger zergs to run rampant on a map and cause inexperienced/casual players (often referred to as rally bots) to be ostracized by veteran players. The game already has quick ports that put players back in the action quickly so forcing someone to port is a very slight death tax.

Getting rid of resurrection and rally promotes better skill play, allows lessor populated servers in a matchup a reason to engage larger groups, makes tower/keep defense more powerful and encourages veteran players to accept less experienced players into their midst. There is very little downside to the change.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”