Desert Borderland Map

Desert Borderland Map

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

https://wvwintel.com/

Pick a server, check the ratio on desert bl.
As ive posted in several of these topics before, Desert bl is clearly less active in every single matchup, every single week.

Stop saying desert bl is fine.
No one bothers to go and cap the camps cus its simply way too far, causing everything to freely upgrade due to the afk dolly method. (different subject, also kitten)

I look forward to the reply of our amazing pve heroes.

Checking on my matchup latest info…

Blue has 90% of the kills on the ABL borders, green has 85% and red has 80%.

Working as intended!

Desert Borderland Map

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Something is bugging me about all this…

I looked at the intel about my matchup. For a given map, I added the kills for the 3 servers, than I added the deaths. It doesn’t match. There’s like 100 deaths in excess.
How does that work ? It should more or less be the same, considering that one blue killing one green should be one kill for blue and one death for green…

By the way, on the kill counter : Blue BL : 44%, Red BL : 29% and Green BL : 22% (kills on one BL, as a percentage of total kills, excluding EBG) . Not so bad for a deserted map.

Desert Borderland Map

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

For a given map, I added the kills for the 3 servers, than I added the deaths. It doesn’t match. There’s like 100 deaths in excess.
How does that work ?

Presuming that you mean you mean this:
Deaths – Kills = ~100

Falling from cliffs makes characters die without enemies killing them.

If, on the other hand, you mean more people gain kills than people die,
I suppose everybody who tagged an enemy gains a kill whereas they only die once.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Desert Borderland Map

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

For a given map, I added the kills for the 3 servers, than I added the deaths. It doesn’t match. There’s like 100 deaths in excess.
How does that work ?

Presuming that you mean you mean this:
Deaths – Kills = ~100

Falling from cliffs makes characters die without enemies killing them.

If, on the other hand, you mean more people gain kills than people die,
I suppose everybody who tagged an enemy gains a kill whereas they only die once.

Death – Kills >0 yes. I guess it cliffs. Or NPC’s killing PC’s, which proves they’re not so bad after all

Desert Borderland Map

in WvW

Posted by: Carbi.6357

Carbi.6357

This way you can also see if there are actually more people on desert bl are dieing to falling dmg or possibly npc’s but 99% would be falling dmg.

Desert Borderland Map

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Finally found it q_q For anyone else wondering, it’s the little down arrow under the box where you choose a server.

I only see kill/death data and don’t see a way to view past data, though. Am I still missing something?

(edited by Sviel.7493)

Desert Borderland Map

in WvW

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Probably people falling to their death on DBL, either accidentally because they’re bad and forgot WvW doesn’t have gliders, or intentionally because there’s someone at the bottom, and falling and getting rezz’d is faster than going down the ‘intended’ way.

Desert Borderland Map

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

As ive posted in several of these topics before, Desert bl is clearly less active in every single matchup, every single week.

No one bothers to go and cap the camps cus its simply way too far, causing everything to freely upgrade due to the afk dolly method. (different subject, also kitten)

I look forward to the reply of our amazing pve heroes.

When wvw is filled with a veteran population who already decided how much they hate DBL long ago, where will the activity come from? established guilds often ignore the BL, and there is little to no new guilds being established to change the trend. metrics like that are skewed when there is too little new blood venturing into WvW to form an untainted opinion.

I have been having a blast in DBL lately because both FA and JQ atleast show up to the map to play. Sure they arent the fight guild purists showing up often, but atleast its active, full of fights and havoc activity.

Desert Borderland Map

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

I say we keep it for the quaggans. That’s about it….

:/

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Desert Borderland Map

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

^^ This ^^

Statistics don’t lie. I would be happier if we would have 3 Alpine borderlands instead of 2 Alpine + 1 Desert. Desert is favors defenders, but doesn’t cater fun fights and fast paced return back to action, which the Alpine does. Alpine is easier to learn for new comers and believe me or not, we still have people who come to WvWvW and don’t know the maps. Desert map is a text book example of over design and should be scrapped.

Even better if the would bring us back the lake + island in Alpine border, just remake the central island a bit bigger. The ruins of power in Alpine border are ugly spvp map alike abomination wrapped like a plaster in the middle of an otherwise simple, natural looking map.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Desert Borderland Map

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Probably people falling to their death on DBL, either accidentally because they’re bad and forgot WvW doesn’t have gliders, or intentionally because there’s someone at the bottom, and falling and getting rezz’d is faster than going down the ‘intended’ way.

We all know commanders sometimes accidentally (not really accidentally) run their whole guild/zerg off cliffs. Because that’s fun. Sometimes.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Desert Borderland Map

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

In my current matchup, blue BL has ~9k kills, green has ~3.9k kills and red has ~4.1k kills. EBG has ~19k kills. My server has queued EBG and Red BL several times this week but I haven’t seen any queues elsewhere.

However, I cannot agree that kills tell the full story. While many people in this thread are looking at that data and projecting their desired conclusion onto it, we need more info to make that call.

Consider that guilds that only wish for fights tend to avoid desert. Also consider that on Alpine, it is not possible to defend an objective without calling in a zerg due to safe sieging gimmicks. It is also difficult to avoid being seen by everyone on the whole map due to flatness. This means that, even at the same activity, ABL will have a higher kill count than DBL. Thus, even if there is a gap in activity, it will not necessarily be reflected proportionally in the kills.