Desolation vs Seafarer's vs Vizunah 19-25 Jan

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Let’s try and keep it nice people. Good luck all.

Enjoyable start on Deso border (except for a few wipes by VOTF). Cheers for the fights guys.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

Was fun.

Hopefully we can keep it up for the whole week considering Elona is sitting on 500+ and it will be much harder to come back afterwards with Piken there :/

in WvW

Posted by: Cradorell.3941

Cradorell.3941

Hey i know RIOT really had a fun time in EB tonight especially around quentin lake area! We had amazing fights but eventually we lost ql but we held it for ages great job on SM aswell! Lets hope all goes to plan this week

Óne Pulse – OP – Raid Leader

in WvW

Posted by: MoonSpell.4512

MoonSpell.4512

we had a good time on SFR hm also. having deso at sud baie blocking us, and SFR attacking from nord… that was ultra fun
still we managed to get up with alsmot half of the map for us at 4 am !

keep up the good fights !

STARTED DOWN BELOW BUT NOW
GOING HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER….
~~ MoonSpell ~~ Guardien [FM][GC][VS]

in WvW

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

Hope to keep the topic clean this time(which will not gonna happen thanks to forum warriors but still a hope).

Nice start on this friday.Hope the fights will keep up this way for the whole week.

in WvW

Posted by: Skoti.3195

Skoti.3195

Looks like AS is going down. Probably lots of ppl left server and transfer to VS and more likely to Jade Sea. I feel sorry for you guys. This gives ER opportunity to hop on the 1st place from 4th spot! It’s all mixed up cause of paid transfer going live soon.

[IRON]

in WvW

Posted by: Oxxymoron.9864

Oxxymoron.9864

This reset was pretty fun.

After playing through the night, Id like to congratulate SFR for their everlasting sportsmanship and and thank for all the effort they are putting in to keep Vizunah in T1, particularly the EB group, that keeps resting deso towers making it easier for Vizu to cap. Keep up the good work!

in WvW

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

After playing through the night, Id like to congratulate SFR for their everlasting sportsmanship and and thank for all the effort they are putting in to keep Vizunah in T1, particularly the EB group, that keeps resting deso towers making it easier for Vizu to cap. Keep up the good work!

I thought it was Viz resetting them for SFR – oh well, easy mistake to make.
The only time Viz and SFR have fought this morning on EB is when their two zergs ran into each other just outside the north entrance of Overlook keep and the occasional bit of camp capping.
SFR haven’t even taken a run at SM in the 3.5 hours since I logged on this morning.
The bravery of SFR and Viz, after all it takes a lot of guts for two servers running large zergs to take on an [Outmanned] Desolation who don’t have the numbers for a zerg themselves for 3+ hours…..
We are in WvW for fun – judging on the past 3.5 hours SFR have switched to the points game they have been critisizing Viz for, and there was me hoping for some more fun clashes this week like we had last week:(

in WvW

Posted by: Umka.5493

Umka.5493

HHummmm….. We (Vz) reset 2/3 T2 Deso’s tower… Thanks for telling the truth bro’

We don’t need SFR to keep OUR place.

Nice fight last night

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

A lot depends on the commander as to which side they will target- but any time you see an outmanned buff on the opposition then you are going to focus on them to try and grab as much as possible – that’s the way things work.

Taking a bit of a back seat this week whilst we work out where we might transfer to now that the queues for prime time in SFR have got soooo long due to server hoppers in before the lock down, and RL stuff to do!

AH! Just looked at the scores and we are back to VZ taking over the scoring overnight as we lost PRX so don’t have the numbers later night/early morning to counter VS’s night crew.

Awaits incoming ‘we are the greatest’ comments from VS based solely on an ability to grab points in the small hours when you outnumber everyone. Prime time when all the servers have max numbers is when it shows which server is better.

I wonder if they could design a points system that is weighted so that when numbers are even you score equal points for say a tower, and then the points are lowered when you have say 2:1 in your favour and you hold that tower.

Would certainly make more sense than the current ‘who can cap the most when no one else is around’ which currently decides matches.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

(edited by Victory.2879)

in WvW

Posted by: Oxxymoron.9864

Oxxymoron.9864

HHummmm….. We (Vz) reset 2/3 T2 Deso’s tower… Thanks for telling the truth bro’

We don’t need SFR to keep OUR place.

Nice fight last night

Learn to read, i wrote all night, didnt point out your dawn raid, and you think those towers wouldve been t2 if “someone” doesnt keep cutting our supply lines? Or keeping us busy at anza? Doubleteaming is part of the game, and i have no issue with it. But any sfr player claiming they want viz out of t1 after tonight is a hypocrit.

in WvW

Posted by: Skoti.3195

Skoti.3195

Taking a bit of a back seat this week whilst we work out where we might transfer to now that the queues for prime time in SFR have got soooo long due to server hoppers in before the lock down, and RL stuff to do!

And we can expect even longer que during prime time thanks to ANET that announced paid transfer. They messed up once again when thing were sorting out in EU ladder. They should implement paid transfer without any notification.

[IRON]

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

At the end of the day it is a 3 way fight, ofcourse a weaker server will be focused it is just natural and I would do no different. So fair game to Viz and Sfr. The problem has been this prewarning of paid transfers by Anet so wvw guilds and others have all joined particular servers.

As a full server (of mostly pve’rs) the work Deso has put in to become competitive again in tier 1 has now been offset mainly by guilds transfering to Viz and Elona and to a lesser extent SFR over the past day or two.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

So zoom hack is legit way take tower or why the kitten it still working? Do i need to instal that hack too or do you plan to do something about it?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

guilds transfering to Viz and Elona

No idea about Viz, but at Elona we did not noticed new guilds.
(and our population level did not changed, it’s “very high” since month)
We just have less opponents now with Arbor losing it’s WvW population.
Last week Kodash and Arbor together managed to oppose us, this week with
only 1 opponent left it’s easier for us

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

Its funny how deso were acting so innocent when they basically only targetted Viz and now that they get the favor returned they all come on here to complain…
You know what they say about karma…

in WvW

Posted by: GSTim.8094

GSTim.8094

This weeks current standings are included into the medal count

What a hell r u talking about? They’ve changed the system so it counts actual victories not the standings.
Last week it was 6-8-2 for VS and 3-2-0 for SfR. And now it looks like SfR got 2nd place and VS got 1st. Oooooookaaaay. U wanna think so — be my guest.

in WvW

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

Krosan mind tellin me who is here from Deso to complain?You shouldn’t imagine things mate.

in WvW

Posted by: Weris.5248

Weris.5248

This weeks current standings are included into the medal count

What a hell r u talking about? They’ve changed the system so it counts actual victories not the standings.
Last week it was 6-8-2 for VS and 3-2-0 for SfR. And now it looks like SfR got 2nd place and VS got 1st. Oooooookaaaay. U wanna think so — be my guest.

There was a bug, servers had medals for the current matchup. It’s now correct and VS loose a gold medal for its current first place and SFR loose a silver medal for its current 2nd place.

You can check medals attribution for VS here : http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/16#history
and here for SFR : http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/9#history

Weris – Millenium Old School – Vizunah Square
Author of the MoS matchups Tools
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups

in WvW

GSTim.8094

There was a bug, servers had medals for the current matchup. It’s now correct and VS loose a gold medal for its current first place and SFR loose a silver medal for its current 2nd place.
You can check medals attribution for VS here : http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/16#history
and here for SFR : http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/9#history

No ur wrong. These standings don’t count last match results.
Sfr has 6 tier1 weeks. This is the 7th. And mos standings say it has 5 and this is the 6th, which is not true So the french liar saga continues))
True standings are:
VS 6-8-3 17
SfR 4-2-0 6
BT 4-0-3 7
Deso 1-3-2 6

Anyway, actually no one cares, that’s just stat website =) Have a nice fight)

in WvW

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

Its funny how deso were acting so innocent when they basically only targetted Viz and now that they get the favor returned they all come on here to complain…

Sorry, you are going to have to explain this comment, as I’m not aware of any time when Desolation only targeted Viz.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

@GSTim: Obviously you did not noticed that they changed the way medals are assigned.
Formerly, Gold was assigned for rank 1 at the end of a match, Now, it is Gold for winning a T1 Match.
And I think this makes much more sense. You do not get the Tennis-Olympic Medal, for being No1 in ranking after Olympic-games, you get your gold-medal to win the olympic-match.

And SFR won T1 3 times so far, Blacktide won it 4 times, VZ won 6 and now Elona has 1 gold, because it won once (week 41) even if it never made it to rank 1.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Deso target us whole time. I think that we all should start target Viz because Renault won’t start at winter.

in WvW

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Yeah and you know what they say about opinions too…

Last week VS complained about being “double teamed”. Deso in the majority of our matchups have been focused by both opposing servers, we don’t complain, we fight for our lives. If you think SFR and DS are joining forces against you this week then you’ve got it all wrong.

Last night in EB was pretty good, a tough fight countering SFR pushing up West and VS pushing up East but yet again the tougher opponent was SFR. Wiping VS zergs is so much easier, lost count of how many times we forced you back with half to 2/3 your numbers around Umberglade and Ogre Camp.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in WvW

Posted by: Weris.5248

Weris.5248

No ur wrong. These standings don’t count last match results.
Sfr has 6 tier1 weeks. This is the 7th. And mos standings say it has 5 and this is the 6th, which is not true So the french liar saga continues

Hum, SFR was in T1 during week 50, 51, 52, 1 and 2 => 5 T1 weeks. We are in week 3.
All is here and you can check, all results are on this forum : http://mos/servers/view/9#history

So where is the 6th week where SfR was in T1 ? I’m not sure the liar is french…

Weris – Millenium Old School – Vizunah Square
Author of the MoS matchups Tools

(edited by Weris.5248)

in WvW

Posted by: Killver.7653

Killver.7653

Deso In T2 next week ? Keep focusing SFR guys…..you are saving us….

That would bring us another hiding in keep T1…not that much fun. But at the moment it looks like that will be the case.

Killversan – Guardian – VoTF – SoS

in WvW

GSTim.8094

My french theory is ruined((( There was a mistake from the very beginning, when they made a system change.
But I don’t give up! I will prove somehow that FR is world evil!!111 Watch out for me!

in WvW

Posted by: Kraken.7514

Kraken.7514

Points where really tight all night, untill the morning came. Weekend is not a good base to make predictions on.

Im curious to see how SFR will fare during week-nights without PRX, will deso have a chance there?

Kraken – Guardian / Pretty Meris – Engineer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LGQJUaYDQD8

in WvW

Posted by: Kraken.7514

Kraken.7514

Weird Strategy going on from Deso.

Killing themself to T2 xD.

Well id say fighting both servers is not wierd at all.

We cant control that ER is against 1 dead sever and another weaker server, in any other circumstance Deso would stay T1 for quite longer.

But well lets not rule us out just yet. I think (hope) the week could bring suprises.

Kraken – Guardian / Pretty Meris – Engineer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LGQJUaYDQD8

in WvW

MarzAttakz.9608

How do you expect us to focus on Vizunah when you SFR are pushing us at the same time, please don’t bother with your maths lesson. If you think we’re going to sit back and let you play fiddle then you’re mistaken. So congrats to you both on putting us were we “deserve” to be. The day will come when VS and Deso put aside our longstanding enmity and put you back where you belong.

in WvW

Posted by: jaxom.7469

jaxom.7469

at least somebody who have some balls

you didn’t choose the easiest way, but the most gratifying for sure.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Quote: Im curious to see how SFR will fare during week-nights without PRX, will deso have a chance there?

Nope, unless you got 40+ zerg running around at 4-10am, which is what gets VS a cushion for when the rest of the players get on. With PRX around that advantage was negated and VS lost. Now they are gone I expect VS’s nightcrew to get them the win this week during the week unless we get some other group in to cover that period.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Snapple.9251

Snapple.9251

Another week another conspiracy theory.
Last night reset was awesome. Us and SFR trading leads back and forth.
Seems like Vizu never went to sleep though.
Early days yet

[IRON] – SoR
Snappless / Osii

in WvW

Killver.7653

Another week another conspiracy theory.
Last night reset was awesome. Us and SFR trading leads back and forth.
Seems like Vizu never went to sleep though.
Early days yet

It’s their usual strategy. Many skipß reset and start a whole day saturday raid in the morning.

in WvW

Posted by: omphin.1752

omphin.1752

Quote: Im curious to see how SFR will fare during week-nights without PRX, will deso have a chance there?

Nope, unless you got 40+ zerg running around at 4-10am, which is what gets VS a cushion for when the rest of the players get on. With PRX around that advantage was negated and VS lost. Now they are gone I expect VS’s nightcrew to get them the win this week during the week unless we get some other group in to cover that period.

So [PRX] = [RUIN] ?

PRX did to SFR what Ruin did to Desolation? Jump on a Train destined for a stop and once they reach the destination get bored and leave game/server. Where did PRX go? and what guilds from arbor moved to Vizunah? And dont deny it

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

So [PRX] = [RUIN] ?

Nah they are nice bunch. I don’t really think that anybody have anything bad to say about them.

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Weird Strategy going on from Deso.

Killing themself to T2 xD.

Well id say fighting both servers is not wierd at all.

We cant control that ER is against 1 dead sever and another weaker server, in any other circumstance Deso would stay T1 for quite longer.

But well lets not rule us out just yet. I think (hope) the week could bring suprises.

alot of our hopes rest on urs and dsd’s shoulders now, especially at night.

in WvW

Posted by: tagnut.8621

tagnut.8621

How do you expect us to focus on Vizunah when you SFR are pushing us at the same time, please don’t bother with your maths lesson. If you think we’re going to sit back and let you play fiddle then you’re mistaken. So congrats to you both on putting us were we “deserve” to be. The day will come when VS and Deso put aside our longstanding enmity and put you back where you belong.

Strange as I spent a lot of the afternoon chasing the same failsquad of EXG off SFR owned supply camps whilst viz was ravaging your territory….

Des have always had an overinflated view of their ability -nt as bad as BT mind you. They were truly awful.

Now lets just focus on hating Viz – yet to find a server with anything positive to say about them.

in WvW

Killver.7653

Strange as I spent a lot of the afternoon chasing the same failsquad of EXG off SFR owned supply camps whilst viz was ravaging your territory….

Des have always had an overinflated view of their ability -nt as bad as BT mind you. They were truly awful.

Now lets just focus on hating Viz – yet to find a server with anything positive to say about them.

Elona loves them. So keep them out of T1!!!!!

in WvW

MarzAttakz.9608

Grats on chasing off the few players we have playing WvW outside of guild events. Regarding an over-inflated view of their server, well it’s a trade-off between SFR and VS in my mind.

SFR – The whizz-bang kids, mighty up and comers, the winners of server reform, you guys have such a big head it’s amazing, granted you solidified your community, having the luxury of a medium populated server for bandwagoners to jump to.

VS – Supreme strategists, kings of the points game, defenders of a noble cause, standard bearers of hiding in towers, jesters of open field combat.

DS – The trash everyone loves to hate, the sweaty, tired and battle weary, fighting against all odds despite the odds, labeled as auto-congratulators for doing well, disparaged for recruiting a NA guild, left to rebuild when they deserted. Fought back to tier 1 with largely the same population but still seen as trash.

Trakittenalk, chest thump and circle jerk all you like, I honestly don’t care, you’ll miss us when we’re gone. I miss the spirit of SFR before you guys hit tier 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Leorcyn.1063

Leorcyn.1063

Deso In T2 next week ? Keep focusing SFR guys…..you are saving us….

To be perfectly fair, the server ending up on the last spot this week is going down. So Deso might want to focus SFR to save their spot in T1, it wouldn’t be any more “bizarre” than focusing VS. Especially considering VS is starting with a pretty nice saturday.

Nice fights this afternoon on Deso BL, you guys from [IRON] hit hard.
Have fun on the battlefield

in WvW

MarzAttakz.9608

Not true actually. Deso can be 2nd and still be in T2 this week. By Far.

Quoted for the truth. Life’s a kitten then you marry one, won’t stop us fighting though.

in WvW

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

DS – The trash everyone loves to hate, the sweaty, tired and battle weary, fighting against all odds despite the odds, labeled as auto-congratulators for doing well, disparaged for recruiting a NA guild, left to rebuild when they deserted. Fought back to tier 1 with largely the same population but still seen

:)

Could not think of a beter home for Judge the outmanned buff is the best measure for the amount of fun a evenig have to offer and that you deep enought in enemy terretory.

Thing is that most of the guilds who been in desolation from the start and stayed when al the guild jumping server party was going on, now carry a server pride. We poud of our scabby style and dented helmets, battle worn trash blades. It just show we uses the stuff.

/Osicat

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

You guys make it sound as if you think that this points game is rocket science. It is quite obvious what we should do to stay or progress in T1.

I bow to VS for their continuous focus on result as a server but at the same time I cannot help myself but think “how come they are still not bored to death by this unending, always the same and essentially PVE content that is to watch timers, run hours clock- or counterclockwise capping camps just in time, upgrading these walls, doors, piling up siege etc”. I mean, that was quite amusing for some time. But quickly got old as all MMO PVE content, however “dynamic” developers tried to make it. PvP (in this case team or massive one) however is always fun. I only find joy in battles versus players as part of team of roughly the same or smaller sizes.

I just want to say that when you throw out words like “survive” and “killing yourself to T2”, it may sound so silly to some. But that’s just me.

As a server, in my opinion Deso has pretty much air-tight solid WvW core, so you can’t hope to “drown” it. We are not going anywhere. T2 or not, no matter how things play out this week, I’m sure it’s not the last one for Deso in T1.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

I like GH. Very good movement.

in WvW

Posted by: Snapple.9251

Snapple.9251

As a server, in my opinion Deso has pretty much air-tight solid WvW core, so you can’t hope to “drown” it. We are not going anywhere. T2 or not, no matter how things play out this week, I’m sure it’s not the last one for Deso in T1.

That is what I like most about our server. In the past we could have gone south and given up like Far Shiverpeaks, Blacktide, and now Arborstone. But we haven’t, and will not.

Oops we’re sounding self-congratulatory again :S
Bad habit…

[IRON] – SoR
Snappless / Osii

in WvW

Posted by: Qwixx.5923

Qwixx.5923

Whereas you are the worst unfair-play ever seen in T1 EU ?
I pity Desolation, they have not yet seen your true face.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandMechantLoup.8201

GrandMechantLoup.8201

I bow to VS for their continuous focus on result as a server but at the same time I cannot help myself but think “how come they are still not bored to death by this unending, always the same and essentially PVE content that is to watch timers, run hours clock- or counterclockwise capping camps just in time, upgrading these walls, doors, piling up siege etc”. I mean, that was quite amusing for some time. But quickly got old as all MMO PVE content, however “dynamic” developers tried to make it. PvP (in this case team or massive one) however is always fun. I only find joy in battles versus players as part of team of roughly the same or smaller sizes.

I just want to say that when you throw out words like “survive” and “killing yourself to T2”, it may sound so silly to some. But that’s just me.

I try to explain with my bad english;

In my opinion, It is the feeling of being part of a story, when I say “story” is like in the movies, novels, or comics. A new super villain enters the game and says “hey I’ll bring you down!”, It is very hard for us, sometimes we think we will crack but in the end it is the happy ending.

You can laugh harder about Troma roleplaying and all about “Vizunah SPIRIT” ( we do too ! ), but somewhere it’s true.

When we meet a playmate who has not played for a long time we can we spent time telling him “everything he missed” because for us every week is different. We don’t talk about supplies, Dolys or doors hited.

what is united VZ : “peripety”. The first one was it “Battle of Borodino Opération” from FSP. The haters make us stronger : so special thanks to Disorder league operations, Elona walls ( we never had any animosity with players from Elona, but their walls are kittens ! :p ), Ruin leader, RG leader, all the forum fighters and all French brothers haters ^.^

We can feel it, we see you more like Elona this time ( I am not talking about playstyle ).

No, I will not say that we feel the “spirit” in you, lol

jade sea, EU

(edited by GrandMechantLoup.8201)

in WvW

Posted by: Tygra.4570

Tygra.4570

And at least your forum warriors show some fair play. I’ve never seen a Vizu or Desolation guy begging in here to hit server X because he hates them.
Respect is earned, and you are earning it. You stick to your server and you fight, this is what we like because this is what we do.

Cheers from Vizu

The French Flair [FF]

in WvW

Posted by: Deffe.2967

Deffe.2967

I love how your trying to start flame war against guild called Extraordinary GENTLEMEN. We know our stats, your comment is useless.

Veffe Ku – Guardian