Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Azgarn.2145

Azgarn.2145

So I’m sure a lot of people are pretty curious as to what is going on with wvw, account wxp, and a various other things that were not dealt with in this patch as we were hoping. It would be greatly appreciated by a lot of your players if you gave us a little bit of hope. A small description of what or when changes will be coming. If there will be class balancing soon. Rune and sigil revamps. Let us know what is going on.

Please don’t keep us in the dark on these things anymore. You guys used to be great and keep us informed. Now it seems a majority feels neglected as we have no idea what the near future of this game holds, and I sense that a lot of people are not looking towards the future positively. Ignoring us is only going to make things worse.

I know this thread probably won’t get a reply from a dev, but imagine a world where people felt like they were cared about. Wouldn’t that be a great place? A world where people could play a MMO and not have to debate if anyone is listening to their imput anymore. A world where the game loved us and much as we love the game. A world where I can continue to pretend I’m a hero with a magical greatsword that’s a window into space. A world that we want to save.

(yeah, trying to make a jab to the feels there)

Give us hope. Give us an answer to if anything better is coming soon.

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]
“For a few to be immortal, many must die.”

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Insight.1683

Insight.1683

Dont expect anything from the Devs, nothing… my hope is gone

[WP][TW] – Arguns

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

They won’t say anything.

If they say something and things go wrong, we kitten like there’s no tomorrow (While I do it sometime, some people take it to extremes…). If they admit things aren’t going according to plan, we’ll kitten again.

They aren’t not releasing account WXP or WvW bugs out of spite against us (or so I hope).
But what I don’t understand is that knowing that, they still decided to launch a tournament…

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

The force has abandoned us…the dark side/evil empire rules now…

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I know this thread probably won’t get a reply from a dev, but imagine a world where people felt like they were cared about. Wouldn’t that be a great place? A world where people could play a MMO and not have to debate if anyone is listening to their imput anymore. A world where the game loved us and much as we love the game. A world where I can continue to pretend I’m a hero with a magical greatsword that’s a window into space. A world that we want to save.

(yeah, trying to make a jab to the feels there)

Give us hope. Give us an answer to if anything better is coming soon.

Soooo pretty much a world where everyone has the exact same personality, expectations, needs and wants?

Yeah, keep on dreaming.

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

The feature patch isn’t this patch, this is what they’ve been calling the maintenance patch. I don’t know if anyone knows for sure when the big feature patch is supposed to be but it should be within a month so I expect to hear about it soon.

The last we heard about account bound WXP is when Edge of the Mist came (which was about 1 month ago now?) when they said they missed that deadline and had issues that still needed to be resolved.

I’m a lil’ sad that you think this is a world where no one cares about you. I don’t know you but be assured I hope you are doing well.

Gate of Madness

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Gundail.7594

Gundail.7594

It’s just business.

New MMOs are hitting the market soon and Anet will hold the biggest changes back till they are ready to deploy a motherload of player demands in the hope of combating attrition to the newer titles releases.

Yeah it stinks for the players, but in the long run better player retention with equal a better game as well. The Devs don’t hate you, you fuel their paychecks, The game’s longevity is in their best interest. Just be patient.

Gundent
Charr Warguardmeznecrotheifrangergineer
[ETA]-HoD or wherever Mega-server-blob who cares anymore?

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

They aren’t not releasing account WXP or WvW bugs out of spite against us (or so I hope).

Not its not spite or incompetence. I see it as more of the ‘office politics’ being played out.

Sacrx’ NDA leak highlighted the kind of politics that play out at ANet and a lot of what he said resonated with me at the time and made sense.

For me, the fact that account bound WXP isn’t released is more of this office politics playing out. It kind of reminds me of the commander tag.

The commander tag is useless except for being a huge dorito you see on the map. Devon said (like omg a year ago or so) that he wants to change how it works but nothing has happened since (much like account bound WXP). Whether its a barrier they created or someone else did, who knows.

As the general community, we’re just not privy to it.

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

You know, I honestly can’t tell in this case. On one hand, the EOTM release showed what a massive kitten fest occurs every time they touch something related to WvW, so in theory they could still be having problems with it. On the other hand, I can also see them saving it as an “ace in the hole” to ease the anger from the next blunder you know is incoming, probably after immense dissatisfaction after Season 2 the Spring Tournament. Then they’ll rebrand it once again and hope we won’t notice.

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

You know, I honestly can’t tell in this case. On one hand, the EOTM release showed what a massive kitten fest occurs every time they touch something related to WvW, so in theory they could still be having problems with it. On the other hand, I can also see them saving it as an “ace in the hole” to ease the anger from the next blunder you know is incoming, probably after immense dissatisfaction after Season 2 the Spring Tournament. Then they’ll rebrand it once again and hope we won’t notice.

That’s a terrible plan:
-people are getting mad because they don’t have that
-Season 2 will exacerbate problems in WvW (like in S1, except we will hear a bit less complaining about queues)

By the time they release account WXP, players won’t even feel happy to have it because they had to endure all those other things. But if they release it next week or barely a few weeks into the season, those players will forget for awhile how bad things can be and will be too busy playing on their alts.

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It’s just business.

New MMOs are hitting the market soon and Anet will hold the biggest changes back till they are ready to deploy a motherload of player demands in the hope of combating attrition to the newer titles releases.

Account bound world xp would have helped with this. Instead its now a slap in the face to the players. Especially with no communication on it. What happened to Josh communicating with the WvW community or Allie Murdoch?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

I agree with OP on a couple points…

Other sections of the forum will get posts from a variety of different types of Anet representatives, but the WvW forum seems only to have Devon and a few moderators (Allie, Mark, Danica and Josh)

Please Anet, we want to hear from your Gameplay Programmers, We want to hear from your Even if you dont have a fix for the meticulous bug list we have compiled for you (TY Notkalkz), having a programmer tell us when we’re thinking in the right direction would be great.

Put someone in front of us like Bill Friest (Dev who bravely tackled the skill lag post), and Chris Barret who can actually tell us when we’re wrong, someone with the the technical expertise to answer our questions.

Impossible task for a busy dev to answer all the questions on the forum, but even 30 minutes of question answering per week would be a huge improvement

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

What happened to Josh communicating with the WvW community or Allie Murdoch?

Josh is active in Structured PvP.
His last post about wvw was in fact something about Edge of the Mists(the LS temp topic) and it was about a month ago.
Allie was a little active, but not much, something like 7 days ago if you dont count smiley in ranger pet topic.

But sPvP forum is quite active. While wvw forums is moderated.

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The feature patch isn’t this patch, this is what they’ve been calling the maintenance patch. I don’t know if anyone knows for sure when the big feature patch is supposed to be but it should be within a month so I expect to hear about it soon.

Those of us who were paying attention knew that today was maintenance. What we didn’t expect was Season 2 launching ASAP so that next Tuesday is the only window left to get the features patch out or we’re looking at a locked and static environment until the very end of May.

I don’t think I’m alone in not being real interested in playing a game that frozen in its current state for another two months…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Those of us who were paying attention knew that today was maintenance. What we didn’t expect was Season 2 launching ASAP so that next Tuesday is the only window left to get the features patch out or we’re looking at a locked and static environment until the very end of May.

I don’t think I’m alone in not being real interested in playing a game that frozen in its current state for another two months…

I would be very disappointed if the feature patch came end of May.

Gate of Madness

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Styx no feature patch at end of May. Updates are going live at Tuesdays.
So either they wil wait after Tournament or they will just kitten wvw players more pushing huge balance updates during Tournament.

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

this thread is relevant here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/PvX-Balance-Iteration-Wrongdoing

they really need to decouple the balance stuff from the feature patch and push it out asap. they need to fail faster!

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Azgarn.2145

Azgarn.2145

C’mon Anet, do it. Give us something. Show us that all our lost hope is misplaced.

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]
“For a few to be immortal, many must die.”

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

the problem with rekindling hope on the forums is that it eventually sets you on fire when they cant come thru with the promise.

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

Eh, just time to start shopping for a new game. Definitely not buying more gems. I am 90% wvw (10% everything else). Starting to feel a bit like the unloved, abandoned, neglected, and kicked dog covered in fleas, mats, starving and cold.

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

I don’t have high expectations anymore, especially after the summary of the two CDIs we had.

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

To be fair though, it is heart warming to see us all put our server nerdrage aside to rage at a common problem. Kudos for solving one issue by creating a massively larger one Anet.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Devs, Rekindle Our Hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

By the time they release account WXP, players won’t even feel happy to have it because they had to endure all those other things.

I agree. kittening hell i’m frustrated with all the promises and no fulfilling them.

• Edge of the Mists was supposed to be a non-zerg map… and it’s the biggest karma-train map ever.
  • Accountbound WXP was announced in november 2013.
  • WXP is power creep and really doesn’t add anything worthy to the game
  • Guilds have NO options at all.
  • Commander tags still suck big-time
  • Balance between servers is being down-right ignored. “It works as intended” or so they want us to believe.

By this time… they could give me all this below and I still would only think: “Well it’s kittening time.” and I wouldn’t even feel excited about those changes anymore.
- accountbound WXP
- better commander tags
- unique borderland maps

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain