Discussion : Ascended gear from WvW ?

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

When will ascended gear be removed from WvW? Because WvW really doesn’t need further imbalance. Give the real fans their game back, and let the people who enjoy brainless grinding go elsewhere. Thanks.

(edited by Dark Catalyst.1028)

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Well firstly, at least not till the end of season 1. They said they won’t make any changes to WvW during this time. Other than that I doubt the will remove them at all…

To the point of brainless grinding, how so? I play WvW 95% time, probably have only done 2-3 things out side of WvW that gave mats for ascended items. I have 3 ascended weapons and almost enough mats for another 2 weapons (kitten youz dragonite!) Just to keep it in context, I only play about 2-3 hours a night…its not that hard to get with out grinding it…just takes longer…

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Dark Catalyst.1028

Well firstly, at least not till the end of season 1. They said they won’t make any changes to WvW during this time. Other than that I doubt the will remove them at all…

To the point of brainless grinding, how so? I play WvW 95% time, probably have only done 2-3 things out side of WvW that gave mats for ascended items. I have 3 ascended weapons and almost enough mats for another 2 weapons (kitten youz dragonite!) Just to keep it in context, I only play about 2-3 hours a night…its not that hard to get with out grinding it…just takes longer…

Let me guess: One of those things you participated in outside of WvW was one of those 24/7 champ train blobs? Am I right? Stunning, enthralling, highly entertaining game design right there! WOW!

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

It dosen’t matter how much you QQ over the fact Ascended gear is in the game. Its here to stay and alot of us like it and use it. Just because you refuse to do the work to get it doesn’t mean those who do shouldn’t be able to use it. You have no one to blame for yourself, and before you throw that out again, I dont’ champ farm. I play the game.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

It dosen’t matter how much you QQ over the fact Ascended gear is in the game. Its here to stay and alot of us like it and use it. Just because you refuse to do the work to get it doesn’t mean those who do shouldn’t be able to use it. You have no one to blame for yourself, and before you throw that out again, I dont’ champ farm. I play the game.

keep saying that when Transcended makes its appearence to fill the gap between Ascended and legendary lol

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Dark Catalyst.1028

I play the game and have piles of bloodstone dust, 15 dark matter, and 30 of everything else. What magical activities are you doing to get all of the mats?

You like it huh? Of course you do, because it gives you a statistical advantage over other players. But wait, most of its ardent defenders claim it “doesn’t make a difference” in WvW and the stat gains are trivial. So which is it?

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Let me guess: One of those things you participated in outside of WvW was one of those 24/7 champ train blobs? Am I right? Stunning, enthralling, highly entertaining game design right there! WOW!

Nope, I have not participated in champ farming. I have nothing against it, I just have limited time to play so I would rather enjoy my time in WvW.

I think I did melandru and a few taq kills.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It’ll added in later for laurels + badges. It’s not going to be removed (that would be silly). They are also still working on balancing the PvE and WvW rewards. Just wait it out or go do PvE if you need it right now. IMO it could have been better implemented in the first place, but oh well.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

I agree. WvW doesn’t need the grindy PvE gear centric WoW copy grind.

Once I see more improvements in WvW loot bags and rank chests (which went from blue to green in the last patch) then we can talk ascended in WvW.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

I play the game and have piles of bloodstone dust, 15 dark matter, and 30 of everything else. What magical activities are you doing to get all of the mats?

You like it huh? Of course you do, because it gives you a statistical advantage over other players. But wait, most of its ardent defenders claim it “doesn’t make a difference” in WvW and the stat gains are trivial. So which is it?

I find it funny that a pure WvWer like yourself and your guild is incappable of beating against mindless blobs of 6% stats increase on the weapon. You’re argument is that you don’t want to play another game mode and those that do have an advantage over you. I’ll agree to that if Anet puts a time limit on how much WvW you can do per day so that people who spends all their time in WvW does not have a skill advantage over those who chose to play the rest of the game as well as WvW.

[DONE]

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Remove exotics and even rares from www. kitten it remove even greens. Keep only blues. Cheap, cheaper to buy new then fix. Perfect. With leagues started, insane ques and skill lag I chose not to www. So should you. Instead i farm my ascended weapons so when/if they find a solution (maybe that www overflow that i hear rumors about) I will come back with new shinnies!

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in WvW

Posted by: Kashijikito.1864

Kashijikito.1864

I think it would be interesting if gear downscaled to exotic tier. You’d still be able to customize stat allocation on your gear, unlike spvp, and you could add a gear treadmill to pve, without alienating people who prefer to stick to wvw.

Kaz Bloodclaw, The Bell Tolls, Kaz The Spaz
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

part of the problem with ascended gear and pve vs pvp – is that many hardcore wvw’rs have custom builds set specifically for pvp / wvw – and most of them don’t work in pve dungeons as well. so there’s the issue of having to make a new level 80 that is for doing dungeon runs. I’m in the process of doing that now myself – and trying to come up with builds that work great with both – but it does feel like I have to compromise the way I prefer to play my build in wvw. – That alone is discouraging for anyone that would rather spend more time in wvw.

so to say we should stop wvw and go play pve – really means that many don’t understand the wvw spike damage style builds. In dungeons, spikes don’t matter because an extra 100 – 500 damage is meaningless to a high level dungeon npc that can wipe a low defense team in minutes. It would also be incorrect to say wvw’rs should run dungeon builds, because the fights would last way too long with people having slap fights and healing lol – in wvw, the best defense is a strong offense.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

the only thing you guys need is better dragonite from WvW. The loot in the last few weeks beats dungeons, and i get more empyreal here than in pve
dragonite does suck, but you get 30 per charachter per day for doing Orr finishing events or tequatl. So its actually pretty easy, and doesnt require dungeons.
Loot wise wvw is close to most PVE activities except the champ train.

you really dont have to do much pve to get ascended, and soon you probably wont have to do any.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

ya, but unless you are in a big pve guild – those areas are empty most of the time – I’ve tried it ..and stand around orr like I have to go to the bathroom itching to get back into wvw lol – but nooo one is around. If you pve regularly, I’m sure you have your pve buds to group up with quick, but if you are hardcore wvw – you don’t know many of those people and are stuck trying to rally people for what seems like forever, then with dungeons – they usually get upset because wvw builds die fast. – minus the warrior and guardian which naturally take more damage better.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Ricky.4706

the difference between pve and pvp style builds is like this – zhaitan doesn’t run away when he’s almost dead, becomes invisible, fully heals and comes back with 30 more dragons. you would want him dead and gone asap, so you can leave before the other 30 dragons come to his aid. lol

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Hahaha I know really. It’s so great we get forced to run champs if we want to play WvW with BiS gear and want to prevent being killed by a noob PvE player who has full ascended cause he farms champs every day.

Truly. Best choice anet ever made…. not.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

IF Anet really intend to keep ascended in WvW I hope they will consider to give us WvWer an easy way to get them.

Like :
- At the end of the league every person who has completed the achivements will have the possibility to chose between 1x 2h weapon or 2x 1h weapons, like the skins from achievement chests.

OR

- Make them drop more often, like rare equip ( Account bound )

OR

- With Badges + Golds + Karma ( not laurels pls )

in WvW

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

IF Anet really intend to keep ascended in WvW I hope they will consider to give us WvWer an easy way to get them.

Like :
- At the end of the league every person who has completed the achivements will have the possibility to chose between 1x 2h weapon or 2x 1h weapons, like the skins from achievement chests.

OR

- Make them drop more often, like rare equip ( Account bound )

OR

- With Badges + Golds + Karma ( not laurels pls )

they wont make it any easier than pve, but it should be similar, right now dragonite is too rare in WvW. As for people who arent familiar with PVE, and want to know how to get in fast,
gw2stuff.com
the good stuff for dragonite is
Inquest golem mark II
fire shaman
karka queen
all the orr events.

what you want to do is look for when the events are in their final phase or their before final phase, that means people are completing it, and you can just hop in and enjoy the ride.

aside from cof speed run, empyreal is actually faster from WvW, so stick to WvW for that item

in WvW

sminkiottone.6972

Yeah, maybe mine was a stupid idea, that would destroy WvW forever because of the pve/pvp farmers.

Before the league achivements I didn’t realize how much the devs where right to not give any rewards for capping ruins, I was so blind at that time, now I get it.

It’s just sad for us WvWers to be forced to do something we do not enjoy ( pve ) or trade keeps/sm .

Now that the damage is done ( ascended ) I don’t see an easy way out for devs, I don’t think they will delete Ascended, too many ppl would complain.

Maybe they can find a solution that will make everyone happy

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

This is a perfect example of the attitude about ascended gear that I’ll never quite understand.

What exactly do you mean by “do the work”. Is this a game, or a job? Why should I have to spend one second of my time doing things I don’t enjoy doing so I can be at the same gear level as those who “do the work”. I want to launch the game, load into WvW, and start playing. That’s it, that’s all I want to do.

There was a great post on Reddit the other day that does perhaps provide a little insight. The tl;dr version is there are a lot of people playing MMOs that don’t play to have fun; they are addicts who just need achievable goals put in front of them. Maybe like, oh, dailies, monthlies, achievement points, increasingly grindy gear acquisition…

Well anyway, not trying to pick on on you, but the people who do like ascended equipment have to try to understand why many of us don’t like it, and it’s not because we are lazy / stupid / etc.

in WvW

sminkiottone.6972

This is a perfect example of the attitude about ascended gear that I’ll never quite understand.

What exactly do you mean by “do the work”. Is this a game, or a job? Why should I have to spend one second of my time doing things I don’t enjoy doing so I can be at the same gear level as those who “do the work”. I want to launch the game, load into WvW, and start playing. That’s it, that’s all I want to do.

There was a great post on Reddit the other day that does perhaps provide a little insight. The tl;dr version is there are a lot of people playing MMOs that don’t play to have fun; they are addicts who just need achievable goals put in front of them. Maybe like, oh, dailies, monthlies, achievement points, increasingly grindy gear acquisition…

Well anyway, not trying to pick on on you, but the people who do like ascended equipment have to try to understand why many of us don’t like it, and it’s not because we are lazy / stupid / etc.

You are right in all fronts,

some people have problems in theyr life ( depression / illness / social disorders / work problems / money problems / family problems / ecc. ecc. ) and WoW style MMo’s give a false sense of accomplishment/happiness, many studies shows it.

It’s a serious problem imo, but it can be treated

I’m not saying that it’s the only case, but look at this :

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Thank-you-for-destroying-WvW-achievements/first#post3080141

It clearly shows that there is a problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

Honestly, it just sounds like you are lazy OP. I came back to this game 3 days ago and I have more than that. lol.

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

I have tons of mats, just no desire to stand at a crafting station flushing time/money down the toilet for a stat boost.

I think it is funny you have all these people who scream for real PvP in WvW, then you see some of those same guild tags running Ascended weapons, with full Guard Stacks.

This game is facerollingly easy to play and most people just want it that much more easier…So no ascendeds will never leave WvW, in fact I expect another gear treadmill to be implemented within the next 6 months.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

ya, but unless you are in a big pve guild – those areas are empty most of the time – I’ve tried it ..and stand around orr like I have to go to the bathroom itching to get back into wvw lol – but nooo one is around. If you pve regularly, I’m sure you have your pve buds to group up with quick, but if you are hardcore wvw – you don’t know many of those people and are stuck trying to rally people for what seems like forever, then with dungeons – they usually get upset because wvw builds die fast. – minus the warrior and guardian which naturally take more damage better.

L2stuff. Google it. Thats how you get all of your dragonite ore in couple days while being guildless prick like i am. You get tons of empyreal shards by just doing www, i got allmost all i need by just fliping camps w/o even knowing what it is needed for. You get way more while running zergs, which i dont do. And the red stuff … bloodstone shards i think? If u dont get enough from boxes u loot from towers/keeps lords ( im not sure of they drop from that though) ,,, in 1 hour of champ train u can get all of bloodstone shards u will ever need.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in WvW

Posted by: Bastien.1645

Bastien.1645

It’s only like 20% more stats with weapons and trinkets.

Hardly makes a difference… Now please go grind PvE to play WvW. We’ve all done it.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

They will not remove it because it “invalidates peoples time spend”. Disregarding that they do that all the time anyway. And not to mention that any WvW advantage is purposely limited to not carry over to PvE, while the otherway around is just dandy.

I refuse to get with ascended gear. But mostly because i reject the notion that i have to pay twice for the same skins. Once to get them, then once more to keep them as i keep up with the gear threadmill.

And the moment i feel like i am losing my competitiveness in WvW due to lacking gear, i quit.

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Now please go grind PvE to play WvW. We’ve all done it.

Actually, no we have not….

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

You are right in all fronts,

some people have problems in theyr life ( depression / illness / social disorders / work problems / money problems / family problems / ecc. ecc. ) and WoW style MMo’s give a false sense of accomplishment/happiness, many studies shows it.

It’s a serious problem imo, but it can be treated

I’m not saying that it’s the only case, but look at this :

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Thank-you-for-destroying-WvW-achievements/first#post3080141

It clearly shows that there is a problem.

Sure, being an active member of the United States Military currently stationed in Korea I have a bit of time on my hands. But my life isn’t lacking and I don’t need any video game to get a sense of achievement in my life.

Video games are a hobby. And in any hobby your gonna need to put some effort into it. When I learned to play the guitar i didn’t do it over night, I had to practice and stick with it. Anyone who has put together a model car will tell you that its not as easy as it looks the first time you do it.

The point is that any hobby is going to require a little investment. And for the OP to fly off and demand things that effect the time I spent on this game irritates me. I am not the one standing around telling him that he or she needs to play a certain way and only that way. He can do as he pleases, and so will I.

As for this one, I laughed pertty hard. Your talking to a guy who has been known to Roam in WvW wearing only greens or golds to see how well he stacks up against people. If my connection was better I would even upload some clips on youtube. but I don’t think you would even understand the point of it, because it seems that deep down you want the stats and that is it. I think if you had the stats right now you would be defending and not attacking on Ascended Weapons in wvw.

By the way they are not that hard to get. Plenty of guides out there. I have more then enough to make at least five more setting in my vault from doing just wvw and a few Temples in Orr.

But I am done with this thread.

I won’t be making any other post here since Anet already said they had no plans of removing them before. So unless something changes on that end this is a rather pointless discussion.

Cheers.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in WvW

Posted by: Bastien.1645

Bastien.1645

Why not? 180 Laurels and 400g to get 2 Different Weapon crafts ( Weaponsmith + Huntsman/Artificing) is not hard to get. lol

in WvW

Posted by: BlackAngel.1349

BlackAngel.1349

Not to mention the fact that they (ANet) stated there would be no vertical gear treadmill, only horizontal; meaning that no matter what statwise you will always have the highest stat gear (exotics), but would have to work for better looking skins. This has yet to happen because there is really no work done to get a good skin, other than a legendary and for that you need heavy RNG not just working towards a goal. I hope anet gives up on ascended (armor especially since it has yet to be implemented) and continue to work with what they stated before release which was a big part of why I bought the game (as I’m sure it was for many others).

Glaedr Darksbane

in WvW

Dark Catalyst.1028

Not to mention the fact that they (ANet) stated there would be no vertical gear treadmill, only horizontal; meaning that no matter what statwise you will always have the highest stat gear (exotics), but would have to work for better looking skins. This has yet to happen because there is really no work done to get a good skin, other than a legendary and for that you need heavy RNG not just working towards a goal. I hope anet gives up on ascended (armor especially since it has yet to be implemented) and continue to work with what they stated before release which was a big part of why I bought the game (as I’m sure it was for many others).

You fell for it too, eh?

Kind of sucks that all the grinders who like vertical progression and power creep came to this game. There are several other games out there that would meet their needs, but sadly they came here and the developers are catering to them.

I mean, who enjoys brainless champ trains and dull, endless farming? This game is becoming a glorified skinner box.

in WvW

Posted by: Ethurian.3751

Ethurian.3751

Ascended Armor when it comes, Weapons, etc, should all be available from WvW. The amount of badges it requires + gold can all be determined – but even if it is very grindy, it still should be available.

That’s a Bingo.
Sine Pari

in WvW

Dark Catalyst.1028

Ascended Armor when it comes, Weapons, etc, should all be available from WvW. The amount of badges it requires + gold can all be determined – but even if it is very grindy, it still should be available.

Why? Why can’t people just join, have fun, and attempt WvW objectives? Why do they have to worry about grinding out another tier of gear? Why wasn’t exotic enough?

in WvW

BlackAngel.1349

You fell for it too, eh?

Kind of sucks that all the grinders who like vertical progression and power creep came to this game. There are several other games out there that would meet their needs, but sadly they came here and the developers are catering to them.

I mean, who enjoys brainless champ trains and dull, endless farming? This game is becoming a glorified skinner box.

Sadly I did. I’m not doing ascended crafting because it was enough of a task just to craft the hammer for my warrior, getting al the other crafting professions up to 500 is a daunting task and one that I won’t do, and gathering all the mats for crafting the weapons for all of my 5 alts will take so long I’d rather stick with my exotic and kick kitten with it.

Glaedr Darksbane

in WvW

Posted by: Ethurian.3751

Ethurian.3751

Why?

Here’s the rub chief, the why no longer matters. Even if they for whatever reason stop their plans for Ascended armor, there still are ascended weapons. Every tier of gear should be accessible via WvW. WvW has been punished in terms of gear progression every time. This trend needs to stop. It is no longer why, and now “what”. As in What Anet needs to do is allow WvWers access to these new gears without requiring a massive investment in PVE land.

No one has to worry about new stuff if they just want to show up and have fun, but considering the amount of power creep from all these ascended stuff + eventually armor, and from my perspective as a roamer, getting access to a level playing field is important.

That’s a Bingo.
Sine Pari

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Why? Why can’t people just join, have fun, and attempt WvW objectives? Why do they have to worry about grinding out another tier of gear? Why wasn’t exotic enough?

I don’t believe you have to grind it out. I don’t run with a Legendary. I don’t feel handicapped at all. However, I will agree with the fact that while crafting isn’t a WvWvW specific task, the mats for Ascended Gear should be AS readily available in wvwvw as it is in the PvE World. That should be fixed.

And I believe Anet Dev’s have said they’re working to make this so.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I havent worked on any of the craftsmanship becouse i only WvW(playing since start) so i wont be having ascended gear (except acessories by WvW dylies), and following the guides its a good option but cost alot of gold wich is hard to mantain due repairs and siege.

Since Ascended isnt even on the TP when the armor come out full ascended player might have a superiority over any other player, atm the game is just pick up the class with more damage to win, almost no thinking required, and with full ascended gear will be worse.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Why not? 180 Laurels and 400g to get 2 Different Weapon crafts ( Weaponsmith + Huntsman/Artificing) is not hard to get. lol

There will always be a huge disconnect between people that think like you do and people that think like I do, so rather than getting into a 1-page discussion about it lets just agree to disagree.

My personal take:

For me personally I WvW 100% of the time, I have ran 2-3 different dungeons total in over a year. I have no interest in PVE, I have 7 toons that each have 3-4 sets of armor/weapons/trinkets etc, much of which was purchased long before the “badge for gear” stuff was really fully implemented. I make comfortable amounts of gold just from WvW, but no where near enough to drop 400g at random for some power, my crafting might be around 300 for some toons and that is directly related to crafting for levels, not for anything else.

The long and short of it is that I do not agree with the power creep, I do not agree with all these “pvpers” that claim to want balance and test their skill yet still are grinding Ascended/guard stacks, but at the end of the day it is just “part of the game”. People can play how they want to, but I refuse to do mind-numbing BS to get a crutch out of it. I would rather just keep killing those crutch users until the time comes that fully ascended everything just gets to OP (if it does), and then find something else to do.

I also have stacks and stacks of the ascended mats, in fact my 2 bank tabs were full of them, I have started trashing them out of necessity now..LOL

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Jharkin.9357

Jharkin.9357

Why would you want to drop ascended gear from wvw considering you can get most of it from wvw? Amulets can only be gotten from wvw, and I’ve personally had 3 ascended drops in wvw (2 rings and a weapon box). My newest alt is only a legend and he already has 4 pieces of ascended.

in WvW

BlackAngel.1349

Why would you want to drop ascended gear from wvw considering you can get most of it from wvw? Amulets can only be gotten from wvw.

You couldn’t be more wrong there man. Ascended amulets are available from the regular laurel vendor for 30 laurels and some gold, and was in place for months before the wvw one came along. The only real good way to get accessories is by completing g missions because its otherwise 40 laurels and 50 ectos. Ascended ring dropping in wvw rank chests was implemented not so long ago while they were available from fractals for over 8 months, since the Lost Shores patch.

They should have dropped ascended all together, not just in wvw because it goes against their “mission” or whatever, but weapons and trinkets are already in game so the only thing they can do short of removing them is to make them more accessible from other areas of the game, and drop the laurel and time gated bull, because it doesn’t help anyone.

Glaedr Darksbane

in WvW

Coolmoos.8546

Why would you want to drop ascended gear from wvw considering you can get most of it from wvw? Amulets can only be gotten from wvw.

You couldn’t be more wrong there man. Ascended amulets are available from the regular laurel vendor for 30 laurels and some gold, and was in place for months before the wvw one came along. The only real good way to get accessories is by completing g missions because its otherwise 40 laurels and 50 ectos. Ascended ring dropping in wvw rank chests was implemented not so long ago while they were available from fractals for over 8 months, since the Lost Shores patch.

They should have dropped ascended all together, not just in wvw because it goes against their “mission” or whatever, but weapons and trinkets are already in game so the only thing they can do short of removing them is to make them more accessible from other areas of the game, and drop the laurel and time gated bull, because it doesn’t help anyone.

Which Laurels can be gotten by doing your dailies. You can complete these in WvW lol… Monthly too…

in WvW

BlackAngel.1349

Which Laurels can be gotten by doing your dailies. You can complete these in WvW lol… Monthly too…

So? The issue with laurels isn’t how you get them, its that you get only 1 per day if you complete the daily, plus 10 per month if you complete the monthly. Clearly you can’t read “drop the laurels and time gated bull” laurels plus some of the mats required for ascended weapons are time gated. L2read.

Glaedr Darksbane

in WvW

Coolmoos.8546

Why are you so mad? lol its not hard to do bro.

in WvW

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Hahaha I know really. It’s so great we get forced to run champs if we want to play WvW with BiS gear and want to prevent being killed by a noob PvE player who has full ascended cause he farms champs every day.

Truly. Best choice anet ever made…. not.

Or you could monitor the temple website, WP around and kill a couple of world bosses, which also drop dragonite ore.

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

Sure, being an active member of the United States Military currently stationed in Korea I have a bit of time on my hands. But my life isn’t lacking and I don’t need any video game to get a sense of achievement in my life.

Video games are a hobby. And in any hobby your gonna need to put some effort into it. When I learned to play the guitar i didn’t do it over night, I had to practice and stick with it. Anyone who has put together a model car will tell you that its not as easy as it looks the first time you do it.

The point is that any hobby is going to require a little investment. And for the OP to fly off and demand things that effect the time I spent on this game irritates me. I am not the one standing around telling him that he or she needs to play a certain way and only that way. He can do as he pleases, and so will I.

I prefer to put my effort into becoming a player of higher skill and helping the party / team / guild / server / whatever.

The attitude that I put a lot of time and grind into something, so others should have to as well is also interesting. I rushed my exotic sets when those were still somewhat expensive by flipping stuff on the TP, and wished that waste of time on no one. It was great that they added into cheaper exo weapons in later with badges, and at least one option for ascended trinkets with no FotM, even though those are still too grindy.

This game is no WoW or Korean ultra-grinder, so I have no idea why the devs keep sprinkling in some aspects of those types of games. The original premise of PvP in GW was a no a grind, no power creep, competitive MMO. Every single format from the Guild vs. Guild tournies, to Jade Quarry (the format) shrine bombing was playable in that fashion. Obviously sPvP is still carries the torch in that aspect, but for those of us who really enjoy the format of WvW and want to play it like a competitive game, it’s been extremely frustrating. There is no other active game with a format like WvW…

in WvW

Posted by: RiWiJo.7502

RiWiJo.7502

If you want completely balanced pvp then pvp—same group sizes, same gear, etc. There are lots of imbalances in WvW—player vs larger groups, player vs siege, player vs tower and keep walls, etc.

Right now I think the ascended armor and weapon upset is a straw horse argument when these things don’t greatly effect the outcome of WvW anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

Get rid of upscaling too, then, and make everyone true 80. Oh, and Legendary weapons as well since they have ascended stats.

Honestly, I don’t think ascendeds have won as many fights as you’d think.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Typically I wouldn’t stick up for the Dev’s but, this is exactly why we can’t have nice things!

Months of QQ because PvE had Ascended and WvW doesn’t, now that they start giving it to WvW we all QQ about having it.

in WvW

Dark Catalyst.1028

I prefer to put my effort into becoming a player of higher skill and helping the party / team / guild / server / whatever.

The attitude that I put a lot of time and grind into something, so others should have to as well is also interesting. I rushed my exotic sets when those were still somewhat expensive by flipping stuff on the TP, and wished that waste of time on no one. It was great that they added into cheaper exo weapons in later with badges, and at least one option for ascended trinkets with no FotM, even though those are still too grindy.

This game is no WoW or Korean ultra-grinder, so I have no idea why the devs keep sprinkling in some aspects of those types of games. The original premise of PvP in GW was a no a grind, no power creep, competitive MMO. Every single format from the Guild vs. Guild tournies, to Jade Quarry (the format) shrine bombing was playable in that fashion. Obviously sPvP is still carries the torch in that aspect, but for those of us who really enjoy the format of WvW and want to play it like a competitive game, it’s been extremely frustrating. There is no other active game with a format like WvW…

Honestly, even WoW isn’t that bad these days. They make it very easy to catch up to current content. True, you do have to do a few grindy things but I have way more fun doing them than running champ trains and monitoring websites for Orr events/spawns.