Does WvW need a lobby?

Does WvW need a lobby?

in WvW

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

Pvp has one, and if you want to take it a step further, Pve has all cities and L.A. functioning as ones. Oh yeah, Raids have their own lobby too now.

But what would a wvw lobby be like? There’s too many servers, and too many people to be crammed into a single lobby. The mega server would have to be used here of course, but even then, there is one problem, would we really want a lobby were our enemies will be in? Probably not.

A wvw lobby to me has to work as a place were allies can come in and have communication with each other, strategize against their enemies and so on.

So I think a wvw lobby should be an Ally only lobby, were the servers that are linked together for that week, can come into the lobby and mingle with one another.

I know that in the past, our home world was the lobby, but after the mega server was introduced, it is none existent, so that’s why I think it’s time for wvw to get an official lobby for once.

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

Does WvW need a lobby?

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

It’s called EOTM. ………………………

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Does WvW need a lobby?

in WvW

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

I’m thinking of a place were it is your server and the servers you are linked with only, plus Eotm is too big for a lobby, plus the enemy server is also there with you. Not my idea for a true lobby, but I guess eotm would be that place right now.

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

Does WvW need a lobby?

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Obsidian Sanctum could be a lobby

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Does WvW need a lobby?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

It’s called EOTM. ………………………

No, its called PvE…

Does WvW need a lobby?

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

PvE is not a lobby for WvW – not since the introduction of Megaservers.
I remember calls going out in the PvE cities for help defending in WvW. Occasionally you’d get “WvW – what’s that?” and a chance to introduce a new player to the game…

This has now gone.

I’d be happy with a WvW lobby, with crafting stations, mistic forge and the WvW vendors. Just like PvP there could also be a set of NPCs to test builds against – perhaps the DBL bosses? And small duelling arenas (just import the Guild one would do).

Does WvW need a lobby?

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Yeah we need a lobby for all the people waiting to find people in LFG /s

Does WvW need a lobby?

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Yeah we need a lobby for all the people waiting to find people in LFG /s

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Thank you for the laugh!!!

Does WvW need a lobby?

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

No.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Does WvW need a lobby?

in WvW

Posted by: thetoothpick.4028

thetoothpick.4028

WvW definitely needs a map/lobby that is part of WvW, but allows players to spawn in it.

A WvW lobby should have easy access to WvW merchants and map gates, and should let you still earn participation rewards (so you could chill before you log out without potentially taking up queue spots). It should definitely be separated into server (host & guest) lobbies so players can coordinate. Team chat should also work across the “real” WvW maps so you can see what’s going on.

Basically, it’d be a part of WvW without being on one of the maps, so you could let people spawn there.

Aaaaand a WvW lobby already exists – there was one during the Desert Borderlands Stress Test. I’d be super excited if they just dusted that off and let us spawn there.

Fair Winds
Ehmry Bay Stock Exchange [EBAY] (Ehmry Bay)
http://wuvoverlay.codeplex.com/

Does WvW need a lobby?

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I thought eotm WAS the lobby…

Does WvW need a lobby?

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I thought eotm WAS the lobby…

It was designed as a place for people to play WvW (and vendor) if their maps were full, since there’s no limit to how many maps spawn. It turned into a karma train shortly after it was introduced. i.e. it’s a lobby

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Does WvW need a lobby?

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

While EotM is supposed to be an overflow area for queued players it is however definitely not a lobby. A lobby should be an area where players can prepare, practice, stock up and search for groups. A lobby should not contribute towards participation because players in the lobby are not actually being active on a WvW map.

Following the PvP model, a WvW lobby should have areas to access banks, merchants, WvW vendors and crafting stations.
It should also have practice areas; PvP uses NPCs which would be ok but I’d prefer to see the DBL tower bosses in arenas that are a copy of their actual map setting. This would allow experienced players to practice and new players to learn.