Dont just sit there - do something!

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Hello. There is nothing to think about – major of the wvw players doesn’t like the new maps – end of story.

On my server Far Shiverpeaks(EU) the community has now started threads there we gather character-selection-screenshots + we add the text we want the old maps back in paint and upload on imgur, now we will save all these screenshots and send to anet.

If you people want change.. start doing something similar? do it in your guild, with your friends OR if u can reach out to your server community like us it would be awesome.

Dont just sit there – fight for getting the old maps back!

Example:

http://imgur.com/hYwCKnd

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

Really bad placement of the text, if you would place it on the left and add an outline and/or background it would be much easier to read. Also the choice of font is boring and the colour red implies a certain aggressiveness which might fit your cause but is almost never a good choice.

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Great idea…

Give us back our Old Alpine Maps!

Put the New Desert Maps back into Beta.

The New Desert Maps need to have a larger critical mass of players & a different Base Map Mechanic for it to be fun for us to play on.

If it’s too much development to do this…then at least change the Base Map Mechanic.

in WvW

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Nice way to showoff toons! :P

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Or you can do something productive like learn the maps.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Holdyir.2918

Holdyir.2918

^ This. The new maps are a lot better than what people are giving them credit for.

in WvW

Posted by: PauloJr.6410

PauloJr.6410

Shut up honestly. Its because of bad players like you that loves to talk but never really played wvw that in the end made us get kitten makes like the desert boderlands. I really don’t have any patient with tha kind of stuff anymore. For anyone who played the old maps decently and put some effort in the new ones, it is very clear how better in every aspect the old ones are. It is not even a matter of opinion.

in WvW

briggah.7910

Shut up honestly. Its because of bad players like you that loves to talk but never really played wvw that in the end made us get kitten makes like the desert boderlands. I really don’t have any patient with tha kind of stuff anymore. For anyone who played the old maps decently and put some effort in the new ones, it is very clear how better in every aspect the old ones are. It is not even a matter of opinion.

LOL 9k hours 4.6k rank.. who doesn’t play wvw? if you have more hours than me and out rank me then I will shut up. Till then suck it up and learn the maps or just refuse to go there like a lot of people are doing and help kill the game mode.. k thx bye

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

^ This. The new maps are a lot better than what people are giving them credit for.

The new map is actually amazing when you give it a chance, the fights you can get there are really varied. It just needs a better waypoint system and a minimum of 100 players on it.

in WvW

volpenvieh.3201

LOL 9k hours 4.6k rank.. who doesn’t play wvw? if you have more hours than me and out rank me then I will shut up. Till then suck it up and learn the maps or just refuse to go there like a lot of people are doing and help kill the game mode.. k thx bye

/sign

in WvW

Holdyir.2918

The new map is actually amazing when you give it a chance, the fights you can get there are really varied. It just needs a better waypoint system and a minimum of 100 players on it.

Exactly population is the problem not the maps (for the most part). Anet needs to come up with a better way to incentivize people to come out and play. I mean even before the new BL maps were introduced the Alpine BL maps were pretty deserted in tier 1 NA outside of reset, and people seem to forget that.

in WvW

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

They could remove the rewards cuz they r just for PvE S€rubs

in WvW

Posted by: PauloJr.6410

PauloJr.6410

Exactly population is the problem not the maps (for the most part). Anet needs to come up with a better way to incentivize people to come out and play. I mean even before the new BL maps were introduced the Alpine BL maps were pretty deserted in tier 1 NA outside of reset, and people seem to forget that.

You are so out of touch with the current situation that is not even funny. Right now, boderlands are deserted simply because nobody likes the new maps. Now, 1 month prior to the expansion, the boderlands were becoming empty simply beacuse everyone was doing other things and just waiting for the expansion. Simply put, everybody didnt wanna put time into something that was supposed to make wvw better when it came out. I personally was invited to the beta and knew it would be really bad. And if you think im speaking about myself, me, my guild and my entire tier felt the same. So before you come here and speak nonsense that might make the devs thing that there is nothing wrong with the new bls, get into teamspeak and learn what your server things about all that crap in the new bls. For every player that like the new bls, you will find 20 that absolutely hate them. Go to the thread were people were supposed to say that they like the new maps and you will see what I am talking about.

This pretty much sums it up.

New BL is good designed… but not for WvW. It has some features that killing WvW. Its too big and complicated to be a WvW map, its almost impossible to find fights. It has too much PvE, gimmicks, chokes and other stuff those really bad for WvV. Should have been more simple. If i want to do PvE i can go PvE maps instead of doing PvE in WvW mode. And simply, in reality people didnt like them and almost no one playing on BLs anymore, people just stick EB all day long. Check borderlands except prime time, you will not find anyone playing. Map can be beautiful but it doesnt mean its good for WvW. Sadly WvW players and and some guilds already quiting game day by day and if this will stay like this WvW will be completely dead in max 2-3 months despite its big potential.

(edited by PauloJr.6410)

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

SURE! if you’re into PvE and free WXP lol….

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Ok let’s do this!!! Fight the power!!!

Attachments:

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

And? If I want to learn empty maps, I’d go to TD. At least, I’d get loot from random events there.

VoxL, NSPPT

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Learning to find your way around is easy peasy. Learning to deal with complete auto upgrades and cc from shrines is another,. Ofcourse the map itself is beautiful but it doesnt have a purpose to be a pvp ( wvw ) map.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Dancing Face.4695

Dancing Face.4695

Hello. There is nothing to think about – major of the wvw players doesn’t like the new maps – end of story.

On my server Far Shiverpeaks(EU) the community has now started threads there we gather character-selection-screenshots + we add the text we want the old maps back in paint and upload on imgur, now we will save all these screenshots and send to anet.

If you people want change.. start doing something similar? do it in your guild, with your friends OR if u can reach out to your server community like us it would be awesome.

Dont just sit there – fight for getting the old maps back!

Example:

http://imgur.com/hYwCKnd

Not True. People didin’t sit, people moved to others games.

Gandara

in WvW

briggah.7910

You are so out of touch with the current situation that is not even funny. Right now, boderlands are deserted simply because nobody likes the new maps. Now, 1 month prior to the expansion, the boderlands were becoming empty simply beacuse everyone was doing other things and just waiting for the expansion. Simply put, everybody didnt wanna put time into something that was supposed to make wvw better when it came out. I personally was invited to the beta and knew it would be really bad. And if you think im speaking about myself, me, my guild and my entire tier felt the same. So before you come here and speak nonsense that might make the devs thing that there is nothing wrong with the new bls, get into teamspeak and learn what your server things about all that crap in the new bls. For every player that like the new bls, you will find 20 that absolutely hate them. Go to the thread were people were supposed to say that they like the new maps and you will see what I am talking about.

This pretty much sums it up.

New BL is good designed… but not for WvW. It has some features that killing WvW. Its too big and complicated to be a WvW map, its almost impossible to find fights. It has too much PvE, gimmicks, chokes and other stuff those really bad for WvV. Should have been more simple. If i want to do PvE i can go PvE maps instead of doing PvE in WvW mode. And simply, in reality people didnt like them and almost no one playing on BLs anymore, people just stick EB all day long. Check borderlands except prime time, you will not find anyone playing. Map can be beautiful but it doesnt mean its good for WvW. Sadly WvW players and and some guilds already quiting game day by day and if this will stay like this WvW will be completely dead in max 2-3 months despite its big potential.

You sure speak for everyone a lot. Where do you hold your meetings so you can speak for me too? Every time you toss out the word “nobody” or “everyone” it makes you wrong.. Think about that next time you decide to talk for the entire wvw community. k thx bye

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

briggah.7910

And? If I want to learn empty maps, I’d go to TD. At least, I’d get loot from random events there.

Maybe your server is just dead.. I got loot last night in the fights I had in the new BL. I even did the dino pve event and there were 10+ players from each server there fighting for it.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Holdyir.2918

You are so out of touch with the current situation that is not even funny. Right now, boderlands are deserted simply because nobody likes the new maps.

I think it is you who are out of touch with what arena net want to achieve with WvW. It is based on RvR style gameplay (which it is obvious you have never experienced). Having smaller maps that make ktraining easier for you won’t make WvW a better experience overall. Look at ESO’s AvA map that is bigger than all the BL’s and EB combined with a much higher player cap (2000 as opposed to ~200) and you can still find action quickly for large and small groups. The problem is that ktrainers won’t learn the new mechanics and that the WvW population has thinned due to the overall game’s stagnation/poor rewards. Don’t think you speak for all of the wvw community, I know lots of folks who feel the same way I do, they just get tired of being blasted by the vocal minority every time they voice an opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: MasterGuruu.8345

MasterGuruu.8345

This whole thread makes the sutuation seem like an instance where people want new things, but refuse change. no one is ever satisfied with that.

On a more relevant note, if the maps have increased in size, adn the player limit has not been increased, maybe they are tryin to change it to a more small group aproach. They want these smaller PvE objectives to be for smalll groups while the zerg takes major castles. Adding more PvE content also allows for players to be present in the map and do things to help their server while still being potentially vulnerable to an ambush.

As an optimist I am always looking for silver linings, but the pecimism and lack of popularity make lose interest in WvW in general. ill stick with EotM where all servers can participte, even if it is zerg central.

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

The new borderlands are just a re-skinned version of the alpine borderlands. However, they have more square feet of surface due to the verticality of the map. I was in the last beta for the new maps, and yes, everyone was getting lost. But having spent some time running around the new map, I’m getting more familiar with the twists and turns in the Air and Fire keeps. Sure, some servers may have dead maps, but others certainly do not.

The bottom line is this: we will not get the Alpine Borderlands back any time soon. Deal with it. If you want to argue with me, then please present an instance wherein Anet said, “Sorry! We’ll go back to what it was pre-change toot-sweet!” Sure, they said we may get them back for a WvW tournament, but that hasn’t been announced so don’t hold your breath.

in WvW

Diku.2546

I’ll have to make an observed comment.

WvW Rank means nothing in my opinion.

I’m ranked 1,763 & have to say I got these ranks 90% from capping camps…the other 10% from running with a zerg to cap towers or keeps.

There’s a ton of other players that have earned their rank in EotM…and easily out rank me.

Rank just says you earned a lot of WXP.

No disrespect, but just trying to give folks perspective.

If you earned your ranks capping in WvW…I salute you.

Just noticed ANet updated the WvW Titles…Yak Slapper among the first I noticed.

Attachments:

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

All my ranks were paid in iron

Attachments:

in WvW

briggah.7910

I’ll have to make an observed comment.

WvW Rank means nothing in my opinion.

I’m ranked 1,763 & have to say I got these ranks 90% from capping camps…the other 10% from running with a zerg to cap towers or keeps.

There’s a ton of other players that have earned their rank in EotM…and easily out rank me.

Rank just says you earned a lot of WXP.

No disrespect, but just trying to give folks perspective.

If you earned your ranks capping in WvW…I salute you.

Just noticed ANet updated the WvW Titles…Yak Slapper among the first I noticed.

Rank = time IMO but as you pointed out with EoTM it kind of ruined that. Just like pvp rank means nothing to some people because a lot of people farmed skyhammer to rank up.

I took these SS back in July when someone called me an EoTM nub :P I really wish anet would have kept the lifetime number of captures for everything

Attachments:

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Diku.2546

@briggah

Sir
/salute
Well done! Sir!

Yeah…agree…wish they showed lifetime numbers too.

in WvW

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Maybe your server is just dead.. I got loot last night in the fights I had in the new BL. I even did the dino pve event and there were 10+ players from each server there fighting for it.

Maybe you’re right. NA T4 is full of pvdoor heroes. But it was different before HoT. A lot different.
I spent my evening in our BL just to find a group of 6 and 3 or 4 solo roamers. Still better than a couple of days ago when I only found 1 necro across the 3 maps. At least EB is still active but I see less and less queues.
A month ago, guilds were AJing each others in front of our Bay. Now, it’s just dead.

VoxL, NSPPT

in WvW

volpenvieh.3201

You are so out of touch with the current situation that is not even funny. Right now, boderlands are deserted simply because nobody likes the new maps.

Actually no. A lot of people claimed to have left WvW because it’s too empty, not realizing that thereby they add to the problem. In our guild we even had this one commander who would hop borders before even arriving at any enemy structure because “there are no enemies” (we were outnumbered so there must have been some). And then hop again 10min later because we were jumped by a group that was “too big”. But of course it was only the fault of the new borderlands! As if you always had the perfect guild group waiting to fight you at your spawn on the old maps… The rest of the guild decided to give the new borders a chance and lately we get a lot of awesome fights and already found several good spots for GvG ;-)

On a more relevant note, if the maps have increased in size, adn the player limit has not been increased, maybe they are tryin to change it to a more small group aproach.

Hmmm I don’t think so. With the long ways between camps and towers, everything always being upgraded and guild catapults nerfed to “not worth it”, smallscale is harder than before.

in WvW

Posted by: Catalin.5341

Catalin.5341

Learn the map guys. Chaba posted videos on how to get to objectives and I have posted videos on how to attack/defend the 4 towers.

Take a couple of hours on a Saturday and just roam the map. If you see an enemy let him be, just focus on the exploration, forget about defending rampart, repairing walls, blob with the blob for bags, forget about everything. Roam the map for 4 hours and you will learn it.

The amount of time you spent complaining about ho hard the map is to learn on these forums, you would have already learn it by now. Be productive

LEARN THE MAP

And it will be more fun!

EU Seafearer’s Rest, Guilds: [AR] [tD]
Catalin Puf (Human Elementalist)
Catalin Elf (Sylvari Thief)

in WvW

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

And when i’ve learned the map, what then?

I still won’t find any enemys (because there are not much and even if there are some, i won’t see them because the wonderful map design is blocking my sight). There would be still no reason to care about upgrading and defending keeps. Or to try to take a keep solo or with a small grp – takes too long even if it is undefended (which makes it incredible boring) and if it is defended you can’t do anything without superior numbers. There would be still annoying PvE machanics, which could destroy fights (well, if there were actually some fights …). It would still take too long to get arround the map due to its size and the lack of (usable) waypoints.

Learning the map would improve nothing, why should i even bother?

in WvW

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

I will do something… I will stay 1 more week to find some good group for Raids, that plays every day( I have one group, made by my guild, but for me it isn’t enough..) or I will buy another game that I personally like, and play that!
I only like RAID and WvW. WvW is getting empty, RAID is to hard for lots of people, or don’t understand that it needs lots of dps ( lots of people bring 1600-1900 toughness builds into Raid , and try to explain that to them…)
In LFG system when I find 3-4 player for group, we wait 5-10 min, when I find again 3 players, then suddenly 3 player disappears from the group/squad ( they could have found a full group and went Raiding ).
WvW is badly designed in this expansion…
Looking for groups/players to do Raid is more challenging then the bosses them self.
So one more week, or I’m gone, I will play only seasons, or come back when finally there is a good change.. because I can’t tolerate anymore this mentality of a nets.
Or maybe I will be lucky, buy a good game that I will not leave, and never come back.

in WvW

volpenvieh.3201

I still won’t find any enemys (because there are not much and even if there are some, i won’t see them because the wonderful map design is blocking my sight).

Work on your map awareness. You’ve got the “marked” buff from sentries, white swords if an objective is under attack and you can easily guess where your enemy is by using a livemap (or just taking a look at those new pop up messages). If you still can’t find any enemies with all of that then I’m sorry to tell you that the servers you are playing against are apparently dead and switching back to the old borders would change nothing.

in WvW

Catalin.5341

Same for auto-upgrades.
People keep asking to bring back the alpine borderlands and expect for auto-upgrades to go away.
They are present in EBG too, so even if they bring the old maps back you still have the same bugs, same auto-upgrades, guild claiming, etc

in WvW

Posted by: Jack Daniels.5270

Jack Daniels.5270

I am a new player, about 1 month. First experience with WvW was randomly going to borderlands, run around half an hour thinking man this sucks, i am out of here, back to pve content. Than accidentally found EB and spent 1 week in there having a lot of fun even if outnumbered all the time. I think that resumes the overall feeling.

in WvW

Catalin.5341

Than accidentally found EB and spent 1 week in there having a lot of fun even if outnumbered all the time. I think that resumes the overall feeling.

Because EBG is like crack cocaine while Borderlands are like a coffee. It has always been like that.

in WvW

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Work on your map awareness. You’ve got the “marked” buff from sentries, white swords if an objective is under attack and you can easily guess where your enemy is by using a livemap (or just taking a look at those new pop up messages). If you still can’t find any enemies with all of that then I’m sorry to tell you that the servers you are playing against are apparently dead and switching back to the old borders would change nothing.

This worked well on the old maps, but now ppl are always gone if i head in the direction of those “enemy signs”. And yes, my main server isn’t the most populated server, but it was way better some months ago. Switching back to the old borders won’t solve this problem, true, it is too late now. But this doesn’t make the new map “good” in any way.
Occasionally i play on a gold league server too, and it isn’t much better there. WvW was more fun pre HoT. Regardless of the server.

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

in WvW

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

Learn the map guys. Chaba posted videos on how to get to objectives and I have posted videos on how to attack/defend the 4 towers.

Take a couple of hours on a Saturday and just roam the map. If you see an enemy let him be, just focus on the exploration, forget about defending rampart, repairing walls, blob with the blob for bags, forget about everything. Roam the map for 4 hours and you will learn it.

The amount of time you spent complaining about ho hard the map is to learn on these forums, you would have already learn it by now. Be productive

LEARN THE MAP

And it will be more fun!

The map is worse once you learn it, because disbelief in how poorly implemented it was gives way to despair that anyone responsible for an entire game mode involving thousands of users thought this deliverable might be a good idea.

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

I am a new player, about 1 month. First experience with WvW was randomly going to borderlands, run around half an hour thinking man this sucks, i am out of here, back to pve content. Than accidentally found EB and spent 1 week in there having a lot of fun even if outnumbered all the time. I think that resumes the overall feeling.

This, and I’ve been played since the first stress-test before the first launch of the game. And im not alone – I’ve had over 20 friends that played hardcore WvW before expansion – now.. 2 is still in the game but doesn’t play wvw – gg anet.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Do something?

We’ve tried to get their attention for over years now!
But thanks to their censoring, many people have given up trying to beat this dead horse!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

This, and I’ve been played since the first stress-test before the first launch of the game. And im not alone – I’ve had over 20 friends that played hardcore WvW before expansion – now.. 2 is still in the game but doesn’t play wvw – gg anet.

You’re not going to blame it on a map, are you?

More than likely it’s;

1. Burnout
  2. Fallout 4/other games
  3. GW2 PvE content taking people away from WvW
  4. Catch 22: lack of people in WvW leads to lack of people in WvW, and then the issues they are addressing in future (according to John)…
  5. Glick0/uneven machups
  6. "Night"capping
  7. etc…
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

briggah.7910

Maybe you’re right. NA T4 is full of pvdoor heroes. But it was different before HoT. A lot different.
I spent my evening in our BL just to find a group of 6 and 3 or 4 solo roamers. Still better than a couple of days ago when I only found 1 necro across the 3 maps. At least EB is still active but I see less and less queues.
A month ago, guilds were AJing each others in front of our Bay. Now, it’s just dead.

I hear you. What you said was the same thing I was seeing even before HoT dropped. If numbers are still dropping players may be moving up to the top. I recently moved myself and so far I have seen people in chat say they came from t2, t3, t6 and t7. I’m sure other players from other tiers have moved as well. Main reason I moved was I needed a change because I was on the verge of leaving.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

still not better than the old map, and that’s not a compliment.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

briggah.7910

still not better than the old map, and that’s not a compliment.

Old maps were just as empty for me. I’m not seeing much of a difference tbh

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

But it has a terrible waypoint system, and there are never 100 players on it. There are good things about the new maps, but they are not, in their current iteration, good WvW maps.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

You’re not going to blame it on a map, are you?

More than likely it’s;

1. Burnout
  2. Fallout 4/other games
  3. GW2 PvE content taking people away from WvW
  4. Catch 22: lack of people in WvW leads to lack of people in WvW, and then the issues they are addressing in future (according to John)…
  5. Glick0/uneven machups
  6. "Night"capping
  7. etc…

No, it is the map. We can have a 50 man Q on EB and everyone refusing to even wait on a DBL map to get in. They would rather stand in LA doing nothing until it pops than go there.
In addition, there is " no such thing as night capping" The very idea is what is silly. Reality is they made a 24 hr game where people play when they come home from work when they have time to play no matter what time that is and Anet made too many servers so some are barren and some are not. On my server, for example, we had a 30+ Q at 3AM Texas time and were fighting 2 map blobs from our competition because there are enough people to play at all hours of the night due to our server having the proper population to support a 24 hour game. If your server does not have the population to support 24hr game play, it probably should not have been opened in the first place is the reality. “Night capping” is a term invented to scapegoat lack of population in a 24hr game mode. Other games with 24 hr game modes that do not have this issue do so by having the population mechanics worked out to support it. The population distribution mechanics are what is broken, not people playing when they come home from work like everyone else.. People should be able to play on their time ( whenever that may be) and still have players to play with and fight against otherwise the game is broken and needs fixed, not just make up nonsense terms like " night capping" to avoid addressing the actual problem with the game itself.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

briggah.7910

No, it is the map. We can have a 50 man Q on EB and everyone refusing to even wait on a DBL map to get in. They would rather stand in LA doing nothing until it pops than go there.

No its the players. You just pointed out they refuse to go the them. Just like people quit over test events we had.. What did you honestly think was going to happen when we got the new map? If you didn’t see this coming I don’t know what to say.

People refused to go to them the day HoT dropped or tried them once and went back to EBG map. They never gave it a chance.

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

No its the players. You just pointed out they refuse to go the them. Just like people quit over test events we had.. What did you honestly think was going to happen when we got the new map? If you didn’t see this coming I don’t know what to say.

People refused to go to them the day HoT dropped or tried them once and went back to EBG map. They never gave it a chance.

No, it is the map. See the map is supposed to be liked by the players or it is a bad map.. Fix the map and make the players happy = good customer service.

Oh I knew this would happen, I warned Anet not to make an EoTM type map ( as some here will remember the day they announced the details) .. they didn’t listen. If they had made more EB type maps and listened to their players they would not have had an angry mob to deal with. They said " wait and see if people hate it" Well.. here ya go. LOL

Treacherous heights and traps, linear choke points, go backwards to go forward= THIS MAP SUCKS / RAGE QUIT. They were told that would happen the day they started describing it…

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Yep, that’s why everyone loves them so much and there is always a queue.

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

I tried the new maps, they’re great for PvE, they don’t fit with WvW. Lack of players on the maps aside, they tried to cram to much stuff into the maps, much of which is simply not necessary.

The Lateral map features are an annoyance, the design promotes avoiding fights which is very much a part of WvW. Even for the PvD guilds who may not want to be constantly fighting but the ones I have come across do enjoy fights they just don’t go looking for them.

The structures are way to big, I understand they wanted to increase the size but they went overboard as usual.

The barrier’s (whatever they are called) just get rid of them, we don’t need speed bumps to slow the action down every 10 feet.

The invisible sand stuff … why, just why ? Again it’s unnecessary.

I can see that a Dev or many Dev’s put a lot of work and love into the map, I will not begrudge the effort that was put in, it’s just unfortunate that they didn’t follow the K.I.S.S. Rule. It’s over complicated for what it needs to function as.