Downed state in WvWvW should be removed

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I’ve come to that conclusion..all it does is punish/reward certain classes and makes it harder for Smaller Numbers to win a fight against greater odds.

It also is extremely annoying in 1v1’s, I basically have to kill some targets twice just to finally down them as trying to down them the regular way just waste time.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

(edited by Xsorus.2507)

in WvW

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

I don’t get why people cry about this……………

Ele downed state sucks, yet im not complaining and i don’t have a problem with downed state.

People need to realize that its part of the game.

Get used to it or go L2P.

also, competition time:

how many threads can you link crying about the downed state?

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in WvW

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

Although Im not advocating either side, I think OP does have a decent point about how it can give larger numbers an advantage as they will just keep rezzing the fallen. The downed state in wvw should either give you lower health or be removed. As it is now, it just reinforces zerg behavior and doesn’t allow for small organized defense because eventually you will be overrun by numbers.

Battlelord Taeres

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I’d argue that downed state benefits not the larger team, but the team that better works with it. I also argue that without downed state, battles would be way less forgiving for smaller groups. In the end it’s normally team coordination that wins battles.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

No. I love downed state.

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Although Im not advocating either side, I think OP does have a decent point about how it can give larger numbers an advantage as they will just keep rezzing the fallen. The downed state in wvw should either give you lower health or be removed. As it is now, it just reinforces zerg behavior and doesn’t allow for small organized defense because eventually you will be overrun by numbers.

I’m sorry, but how exactly does it reinforce zerg behaviour?

I think you forget a certain recent addition to the game called a “breakout event” which literally makes players ball up and zerg to initiate it. Snow ball effect.
Once balled it will grow into full zerg no matter what.

directed at OP
Downed is in the game, so get over it or leave. I’m fed up with kids destroying things because they QQ so much on these forums.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I, for one, disagree.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Goobaaa.8241

Goobaaa.8241

Make them all the same none of this transport kitten

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Rally carries zergs, and I wouldn’t mind it being removed. Down state is fine, other than mist form allowing eles to go back into a keep/tower.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Yes let’s remove everything that I get disadvantaged from.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in WvW

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

I don’t get why people cry about this……………

Ele downed state sucks, yet im not complaining and i don’t have a problem with downed state.

People need to realize that its part of the game.

Get used to it or go L2P.

also, competition time:

how many threads can you link crying about the downed state?

Damn didn’t know mist form was that bad

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

The More numbers you have, The faster you can res a team mate, The More numbers you have, the more people you have that are able to res others while the opposing team tries to fight it off…

It rewards frankly skill-less game play of outnumbering your opponent. Now I can see why some people might enjoy it..I personally find it a balancing mistake though… Its like the whole Turtle setup people were running, It rewarded mass zerging and stacking..Which should be instant death against large amounts of AOE….But like most things in GW2, things are kind of backwards to how normal gameplay would be.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: Ravien.4823

Ravien.4823

Down state is fine in WvW. A valid complaint might be that not all class’s down state skills are equal in WvW. Elementalists, for example, have the flat out BEST down state ability for WvW. The ability to run back to your team or into a nearby tower is something unique to the Elementalist. Necromancers have the worst, single target fear? Hah!

Also, the down state can be used AGAINST the enemy. I don’t know about other people, but very often I will see people who die while trying to revive their teammates, and I myself have taken advantage of this to take out opponents. If you’re having a problem with people being revived and you’re not using your abilities to stop them, you have bigger things to worry about because you are probably losing the battle anyway.

Use crowd control. Get a thief or mesmer to stealth stomp. Quickness stomp. Use a pull ability on the people who are reviving. Build a balista/catapult. Lay down poison fields. Lay stacks of conditions on the downed then spread them with epidemic. Or just DPS the people doing the reviving, they are helpless.

in WvW

Posted by: nbikz.2708

nbikz.2708

I kind of agree with downed state removal. (And this is coming from an Elementalist)

The problem is that if you defend/attack something with 1:2 odds it’s almost impossible to fully kill anyone (firstly the 5 target aoe limit on most spells is just stupid, but this is not the time nor the place fir this rant).
I’ve had a lot of fights where there over 4 people downed but there wasnt just any way to kill them due to always someone ressing or someone with stun or other form of cc there. (yes, I’m aware that you can waste skill slots to kill one enemy if it isn’t an ele/thief/mesmer.)

in WvW

Posted by: Talentless.5708

Talentless.5708

/agree with OP. Downed state is just weird and annoying

Talentless Necro – Talentless Engineer
Jade Quarry – Strike Force | Wilsonian Institute
new video pending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDVc34_SFKM&feature=youtu.be

in WvW

Posted by: Morningstar.6208

Morningstar.6208

Just limit the number of people can res downed player to 1or2 it will be all fine and for gods sake I am not an engineer but please fix that class at least give them something to give them some time in downed state.

Commander Sir Morningstar of Devona’s Rest, Army of Devona [AoD] Guild Leader
http://www.ArmyofDevona.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mK7xYguWCk

in WvW

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

I’m sorry, but how exactly does it reinforce zerg behaviour?

I think you forget a certain recent addition to the game called a “breakout event” which literally makes players ball up and zerg to initiate it. Snow ball effect.
Once balled it will grow into full zerg no matter what.

directed at OP
Downed is in the game, so get over it or leave. I’m fed up with kids destroying things because they QQ so much on these forums.

Your personal dislike for suggestion doesn’t mean discussion shouldn’t happen.
The ability to revive a downed ally reinforces zerg behavior because currently the quick rallies are the most effective way to sustain pushes. Just because an event helps people secure a tower does not mean it always leads to a zerg.
There are multiple ways to deal with the issue.
1. Complete removal (unlikely and probably unpopular)
2. Lower health in downed state – more pressure on zerg to try and rez leaving them selves vulnerable and makes downed easier to kill. Doesn’t affect 1v1 as both have less healh
3. Faster Decay of health – same effect as above

I would also refute the idea that people need organization to revive. Communication may make the process more efficient but ,because downed players are easily recognized and even have an icon on the map, players do end up reviving allies.
This all leads back to the idea that large numbers will overrun a smaller force eventually no matter how skillful the defensive setup was.
IMO they also need to add a 5 second penalty like they do to sPvP to slow graveyard rushing to defend objectives. (namely Stonemist)

Battlelord Taeres

(edited by Manimarco Devil.1790)

in WvW

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

Re: Downed State

Like a lot of things in this game, I like the basic idea, but I’m not so thrilled with the implementation.

However, I think it’s very likely to evolve over time, and probably for the better.

Oft times it’s just a delay of the inevitable, which can come across as pouring salt on the wound. It can also render a character effectively unplayable if they’re caught in a Downed/Rally loop.

Other times, though, it makes for a very dramatic, memorable note in the experience. Enough so, that I think it makes it worth keeping.

Just needs some work.

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

In a 3 to 1 ratio battle downed state is ridiculous because 2 people reviving a single downed player is faster than a quickness stomp. 1 person reviving a single downed player is almost as fast as a normal stomp, however factoring in the time it takes to get to the downed corpse and then the amount of skills downed players have to delay a stomp more often than not the stomp is slower than the revive.

If you apply such rules to a zerg vs zerg battle where one of the 2 zergs outnumbers the other it completely negates skill in open field battles. This ofcourse being theoretical, people are still people and we make mistakes/bad judgement calls. Aslong as you have a bigger zerg that can revive as soon as possible your smaller zerg opponent doesn’t stand a chance.

Downed state is something ANet implemented with a thought process behind it. It being removed completely is something I deem highly unlikely. I would just propose leveling all downed states, the only thing you should be able to do while downed is heal yourself. Not 4 skills, just 1, heal or die.

Also, Ele downed state being useless? lol, it’s close to being the best if you don’t count the insane warrior vengeance where, if traited, you can rally off any kill. While if not traited it just means you could still get off a frenzied 100b and kill something to trigger a rally…

in WvW

Posted by: MoonSpell.4512

MoonSpell.4512

down state is fine !

if u waste ur time while fighting trying to finish 1-2 thives and get wiped by another zerg… think about what u did, and stop repeating it

later, after removing the down state, we will qq about how we can rez our allies “qq… they outnumber us, even that we’r better than them, we kill them, they rez and keep fighting us…. remove that from 3w!”

plz, if u don’t get the possibilties and the stratégies that all these stats give us in 3w, plz, plz, just go do some pve !

STARTED DOWN BELOW BUT NOW
GOING HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER….
~~ MoonSpell ~~ Guardien [FM][GC][VS]

in WvW

Posted by: Elvicof.8263

Elvicof.8263

Just dislike that a player that you have stomped can be rezzed without you being able to do anything about it, if they are rezzed a little at a time. There are no way to keep them in a stomped state as you cant hit their health to 0 again.

Maybe implement a autorelease after 3-5 minutes.

VII – AG

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I’m not sure it needs to be removed, but the downed states do need to get balanced between all professions.

Some are just way better, and especially in large fights, its so much more valuable to be able to delay being finished off by even several seconds, tying up a bunch of attackers.

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

I’ve come to that conclusion..all it does is punish/reward certain classes and makes it harder for Smaller Numbers to win a fight against greater odds.

It also is extremely annoying in 1v1’s, I basically have to kill some targets twice just to finally down them as trying to down them the regular way just waste time.

I worked very hard to copy the traits and skills from a forums post and I followed the gearing instructions to the last detail.

But! Now I can only get an enemy player to downed state with my Killshot/Fireball/Backstab. I get no loot because his allies just revive him.

The downed state must be removed. Now!

Change it so that that my burst skill instantly kills my opponent and I get the reward I so clearly deserve.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Lynq.4079

Lynq.4079

Downed state is awesome, sometimes you just get zerged and that would be it, but with the downed state people Zerg and then move on to other characters. It’s their fault if they aren’t strong enough to fully kill you off, they need to regroup and come back with a stronger force if they want to.

Check out some beginner game guides: TeamOverpowered Guild Wars 2 Guides

in WvW

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

downed state is fine and unique aspect of gw2

get over it plz

if you cant figure out how to finish opponents you lose :P

imo only arguable thing is that some (usually also otherwise op) classes seem to have also op downed state.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in WvW

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

oh and pls remove invisible ressing /finishing its totally expoitable too much

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

It does suck that you can’t effectively kill a larger zerg.

Picking of single players is useless since rezzing is so abundant.

Gw2 has the only PvP I’ve seen where you can PvP for half an hour without actually anyone dying.

Only allowing resurrections (ergo rezzing defeated players) while out of combat and lowering the downed HP would go a long way.

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

I’d rather downed state be made more balanced than have it removed.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in WvW

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

oh and pls remove invisible ressing /finishing its totally expoitable too much

This, and balance the classes downed skill and I have no problem with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Make them all the same none of this transport kitten

Yeah, this was my reaction too: make the downed state in WWW the same for all classes.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: sowbra.5761

sowbra.5761

This topic should be removed or closed… Downed state is fine !

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

imo only arguable thing is that some (usually also otherwise op) classes seem to have also op downed state.

I concur with this opinion and hereby lend my weight to it.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Hirasawa Yui.4623

Hirasawa Yui.4623

-rallying because a random nearby npc (or anyone really) dies = bullkitten

-a single guy who is also getting beat on healing a downed player faster than a full exotic glass cannon can damage (or even finish) them = bullkitten

-rezzing players that were finished after the fight is over so the winning zerg never has any losses = bullkitten

downstate without massive design flaws like those = meh

people saying that only the classes need to be balanced = making me sick

Downstate should only give you the chance to take one of your opponents down with you to hell if the fight was close enough. It should never prevent all losses or make fights go on forever.

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

I concur with this opinion and hereby lend my weight to it.

All I can say is mist form should not be able to use tower portals.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

+1 for removal

All it does is support the zerg.

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I don’t think removing it will ever happen. I do beleave it needs to change for the reasons stated.

It overly rewards superior numbers. Rallying off pve mobs in wvw is kitten And it’s not really well balenced across classes.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

I’m all for this. Current systems and mechanics make it too rewarding to zerg around with others. It actually disadvantages small groups since they’ll be mass AoE’d to death after being downed anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

I like the downed state system.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: ranciddy.8243

ranciddy.8243

Is it really that hard to stomp people? Just bring a utility that makes it easier to do so.

Quickness, stealth, invulnerability…

All those traits make stomping laughably easy. Or just keep DPSing.

in WvW

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

The problem I have with down state is the rally. In huge battles the winner is decided mainly by which force has better AoE and can kill a player and rally their fallen forces first. Most of the skills on the downstate are completely worthless anyway. For the most part it’s all about finding a low target and hitting them a few times and waiting for the rally.

What is more annoying in WvW is how NPCs rally fallen people. Nothing like a nice small group fight, lets say 5v5 and having people keep popping back up because of some pack of wolves in the mix.

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

in WvW

Posted by: Brooke.9741

Brooke.9741

Downstate is a good addition to GW2’s play, removing it would be a bad thing.

The only problem with downstate, is it cause inane threads like this. Instead of just playing the game, some people need something to moan about on the forums, downstate is just one of them.

in WvW

TwoBit.5903

Downstate is a good addition to GW2’s play, removing it would be a bad thing.

The only problem with downstate, is it cause inane threads like this. Instead of just playing the game, some people need something to moan about on the forums, downstate is just one of them.

So, instead of attacking the contributors to this thread, would you mind posting some counter arguments or even supporting your own? For instance, what makes downstate a good addition to GW2’s play and how would removing it affect players negatively in WvW?

in WvW

Lynq.4079

Downstate is a great addition in my opinion because it adds a further stage before dying and that alone makes the game less annoying to play, if that’s because its psychology or what I don’t know. I hate it in games when you get zerged by a load of players then oh great I have a fun run back to my corpse.

Downstate let’s you fight on and feel heroic “I shall never give in!”.
Even if you die any way lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

My opinions are coming from a solo and small group player. You can check the vids in my signature to verify.

I like the downed state mechanic. Yes, it makes winning fights when you are outnumbered harder… but things that challenge me are what keeps me playing. You try to come up with solutions to a problem. In all of my builds I sacrifice damage to pick up things to help my team manage downed state.

Now, with that said here are two things I HATE about the downed state system in WvW.

1) Players should not get rallied from MOB kills in WvW. Period.

2) Players who have been stomped should be forced to respawn in WvW. It sucks to be fighting a 5v20 (for example) and get people downed AND stomped but end up losing since you can’t keep that many people from rezzing STOMPED players.

Fix those two things and I’ll be a very happy solo and small group customer. Keep the overall downed state mechanic as it adds a great amount of tension to a fight, which I love.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in WvW

TwoBit.5903

Downstate is a great addition in my opinion because it adds a further stage before dying and that alone makes the game less annoying to play, if that’s because its psychology or what I don’t know. I hate it in games when you get zerged by a load of players then oh great I have a fun run back to my corpse.

Conceptually, I agree with you and until I started to play WvW in earnest it was pretty great. In WvW, however, it shifts balance too far towards an uninteresting and unbalanced playstyle. I would rather see it gone in WvW just to shift the balance back a bit. It absolutely kills me when a player asks in team chat “where’s the zerg” and far too many mechanics favor it at the moment.

My opinions are coming from a solo and small group player. You can check the vids in my signature to verify.

I like the downed state mechanic. Yes, it makes winning fights when you are outnumbered harder… but things that challenge me are what keeps me playing. You try to come up with solutions to a problem. In all of my builds I sacrifice damage to pick up things to help my team manage downed state.

Now, with that said here are two things I HATE about the downed state system in WvW.

2) Players who have been stomped should be forced to respawn in WvW. It sucks to be fighting a 5v20 (for example) and get people downed AND stomped but end up losing since you can’t keep that many people from rezzing STOMPED players.

Fix those two things and I’ll be a very happy solo and small group customer. Keep the overall downed state mechanic as it adds a great amount of tension to a fight, which I love.

+1 to this

(edited by TwoBit.5903)

in WvW

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

Now, with said here are two things I HATE about the downed state system.

As a fellow small manner, I completely agree with both your points.

Also…I think that the speed of in-combat rezzing of downed players is a little crazy. If there are two people combat-rezzing a guy I downed, it is VERY hard for me to kill him before he is up. I can use CC sure, but even then I have to blow my CC, and a lot of times they get the downed guy up anyway.

I really think that the speed of in-combat rezzing should be reduced.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

No
1. HIgh bursts should not win solo 3-4 ppls
2. portal bombs should not be the deciding factor
3. Small groups already got advantage of siegerazer when enter new map, they should not be buffed more

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

No
1. HIgh bursts should not win solo 3-4 ppls
2. portal bombs should not be the deciding factor
3. Small groups already got advantage of siegerazer when enter new map, they should not be buffed more

This was random.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Lynq.4079

Conceptually, I agree with you and until I started to play WvW in earnest it was pretty great. In WvW, however, it shifts balance too far towards an uninteresting and unbalanced playstyle. I would rather see it gone in WvW just to shift the balance back a bit. It absolutely kills me when a player asks in team chat “where’s the zerg” and far too many mechanics favor it at the moment.

+1 to this

Maybe having it as some sort of time limit would be good?
10 seconds to kill something, but no revive, Would that make a difference?

in WvW

Posted by: Sniku.6837

Sniku.6837

remove down state