Downscale ascended to exotic for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

What do people think, yes or no?

I see this a compromise for the large number of people who dont want ascended gear in the game. Make it pve only.

Anet will lose people with their current implimentation while trying to please the grinders…so why not do both. I doubt any of the pve grinders play wvw anyway.

Current Vote:

Yes: 46 (56%)

No: 36 (44%)

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

(edited by Sube Dai.8496)

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

WvW is PvE with a little PvP sprinkled in.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

No, this isn’t SPvP

WvW is the dirty version of PvP. You throw everything in and see what happens.

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Also, let’s downscale Exotic to rare because that’s unfair. Don’t stop there? Ok, next let’s downscale rare to masterwork because those are cheaper! Still too much grind? Ok, I’ll take those masterworks down to Fine.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: randomly.6395

randomly.6395

I think this would be the best idea. Currently WvW is the only place I can understand people’s upset about them, as you’ll be fighting people with ascended. But PvE is more than easily done with exotics.

in WvW

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

The original conception of the best gear (power-wise) being trivial to acquire meant that WvW could work without the stricter leveling that takes place in sPvP. Not so sure that’s the case once the power curve has been ascending for awhile. Taking gear out of he equation somehow might be a workable solution in WvW.

A better solution would be to remove vertical progression from the game, then no-worries really.

in WvW

randomly.6395

Also, let’s downscale Exotic to rare because that’s unfair. Don’t stop there? Ok, next let’s downscale rare to masterwork because those are cheaper! Still too much grind? Ok, I’ll take those masterworks down to Fine.

There is a much wider gap obtaining ascended than obtaining exotic, including a time gate. It punishes trying out different builds in WvW.

But I don’t care, either way. I’ve been doing WvW in rare gear and have been doing more than fine.

in WvW

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

So all of you people that complain about ascended in wvw, you don’t kill up levels right? I mean, that would be just hypocritical. You also make sure to party your enemy and make sure they’re wearing the appropriate gear so that you’re both on an even level right? Do you at least make sure to ask them how many hours they have been playing and their estimated skill level?

Wait, you don’t do this?

Then stop complaining.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Sube Dai.8496

I would love one tier of gear. whites, blues, greens, and yellows are already useless…But Anet wanted tiers of gear for crafting.

Exotics are accepted as easy to obtain so that is why I single them out as the one to use.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Sube Dai.8496

The original conception of the best gear (power-wise) being trivial to acquire meant that WvW could work without the stricter leveling that takes place in sPvP. Not so sure that’s the case once the power curve has been ascending for awhile. Taking gear out of he equation somehow might be a workable solution in WvW.

A better solution would be to remove vertical progression from the game, then no-worries really.

Well that is clearly not going to happen. Anet is committed to vertical progression. But I say let’s try and get them leave it out of wvw

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Sounds good, I support you OP

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

in WvW

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

I like the idea, by why not go a little farther…

Make WvW and PvP alike, but… Using the PvP armor and weapon purchase systems and traiting systems.

- Upon entering WvW or PvP for the first time, youre prompted to see an armor and weaponsmith to purchase armor/trinkets and weapons.

- Every class has the option to buy their professions armor tier(light, medium, heavy) with max level 80 BASE armor rating for your tier(light, medium, heavy). The same goes for weapons and level 80 BASE weapon dmg.

- Your also prompted to purchase your choice of runes and sigils.

- After buying your armor/trinkets and weapons, youre now prompted to go into your inventory and go to each piece of armor/trinkets and weapons.

- You now just have to right click on all your armor/trinket and weapons and select your desired stats from all of the current stat pool sets.

I think mixing in some of the great things about PvP into WvW and also letting us keep our PvE stats not at the cost of having to worry about HC players being able to outgear casual players is the best way to go around it. I like the fact that PvP comes down to a players skills(mostly). I think they need to carry that over into general WvW to keep everyone on the same tier and make it depend on your zergs and skill, rather than gear.

Keep ascended gear in the game for the players who wish to grind for it and acquire it. But keep it in PvE only.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

(edited by Treborlavok.3504)

in WvW

Sube Dai.8496

So all of you people that complain about ascended in wvw, you don’t kill up levels right? I mean, that would be just hypocritical. You also make sure to party your enemy and make sure they’re wearing the appropriate gear so that you’re both on an even level right? Do you at least make sure to ask them how many hours they have been playing and their estimated skill level?

Wait, you don’t do this?

Then stop complaining.

Again, I think a lot of people would like a completely level playing field but the game was not made that way. However the existing cap of level 80 and exotic weapons are accepted as easy to obtain. The introduction of time gated ascended gear will widen the gap.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Make WvW and PvP alike, but… Using the PvP armor and weapon purchase systems and traiting systems.

- Upon entering WvW or PvP for the first time, youre prompted to see an armor and weaponsmith to purchase armor/trinkets and weapons.

- Every class has the option to buy their professions armor tier(light, medium, heavy) with max level 80 BASE armor rating for your tier(light, medium, heavy). The same goes for weapons and level 80 BASE weapon dmg.

No. That is the worst idea ever. There is a reason that SPvP is almost completely dead.

If they ever kill build customization like they did for SPvP, I will never step in to WvW again.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

randomly.6395

Wait, you don’t do this?

Then stop complaining.

Upleveled players still contribute to their world, no matter how small. This problem is that time gated equipment punishes experimenting with builds.

When there are quotes flying around that level 80 characters would have the best gear readily available, many people looked at this as a way to get right into the game without having to worry about working on your gear. Without having to worry that once you’ve got this gear, trying out any other builds would be a hindrance.

You call it complaining, I call it leaving feedback. Some people on this forum are certainly complaining, but I don’t see that in this thread’s OP.

I’m indifferent toward where this game goes regarding vertical progression. I’ll get to it when I get to it. But I can understand that some people feel this game is going in a direction it had not originally intended to, and I’m confused why you think people shouldn’t be miffed at that.

in WvW

Treborlavok.3504

No. That is the worst idea ever. There is a reason that SPvP is almost completely dead.

If they ever kill build customization like they did for SPvP, I will never step in to WvW again.

My entire idea is about build customization… did you even read it?

Im saying we should be able to purchase wvw and pvp armor and weapons with level 80 base ratings.

Then let us click on the items, like you currently can with legendary weapons, and choose your weapon/armor/trinket stats.

You can then also, as long as youre in your main base in said wvw zone or pvp lobby, choose your traits at will. just like it currently is in pvp lobby.

Now please tell me how that kills build customization…? Because it does the exact opposite and lets us get our PvE stats at the cost of nothing.

Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

in WvW

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

I would accept this.

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

No thanks.

I have no problems with Ascended stats in WvW.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

- After buying your armor/trinkets and weapons, youre now prompted to go into your inventory and go to each piece of armor/trinkets and weapons.

- You now just have to right click on all your armor/trinket and weapons and select your desired stats from all of the current stat pool sets.

I think mixing in some of the great things about PvP into WvW and also letting us keep our PvE stats not at the cost of having to worry about HC players being able to outgear casual players is the best way to go around it. I like the fact that PvP comes down to a players skills(mostly). I think they need to carry that over into general WvW to keep everyone on the same tier and make it depend on your zergs and skill, rather than gear.

Keep ascended gear in the game for the players who wish to grind for it and acquire it. But keep it in PvE only.

That would be awesome, best of both worlds, but it was already suggested and whole feedback was deleted so i guess you could just write it off as “waste of time”.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

in WvW

Treborlavok.3504

That would be awesome, best of both worlds, but it was alreay suggested and whole feedback was deleted so i guess you could just write it off as “waste of time”.

Well with the way they implemented how you can now choose your stats on legendary weapons, i think they could easily do this now.

I honestly feel like this would be the best way to go about Leveling the playing field in pvp/wvw.

Keep ascended gear and items in pve. You can brag and show off in pve. :P

in WvW

Treborlavok.3504

keep this up top! :P

in WvW

Sube Dai.8496

Thanks to the mod for moving, I am going to start taking a vote tally same as this thread as I feel the theme is similar:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Vote-Do-you-want-a-blood-lust-buff

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I vote no.

My favorite thing about WvW is that it doesn’t exist in a vacuum like SPvP. I want full access to the full extent of all gear, traits, and skills and any additions to those things in WvW. I would lose interest in WvW and stop playing if it was turned into Spvp with more people.

in WvW

Sube Dai.8496

I vote no.

My favorite thing about WvW is that it doesn’t exist in a vacuum like SPvP. I want full access to the full extent of all gear, traits, and skills and any additions to those things in WvW. I would lose interest in WvW and stop playing if it was turned into Spvp with more people.

And you don’t mind that not everyone else does?

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Want to be at the top of your game in WvW? Then take time out in Fractals to farm your ascended weapons. You’ll get the weapons faster, you won’t have to put up with skill lag and the scenery is great.

This message bought to you by the GW2 PvE team.

in WvW

timidobserver.7925

I vote no.

Correct, I disagree with you. I don’t have any issue with people not being in agreement with me as you seem to.

in WvW

Sube Dai.8496

I vote no.

Correct, I disagree with you. I don’t have any issue with people not being in agreement with me as you seem to.

I am just trying to have a discussion. You have made your point and I have updated the vote tally.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Treborlavok.3504

I vote no.

Thats why i suggested doing something like this instead of the crap way they implemented pvp, merg wvw/pvp and make them both better by doing this…

Keep ascended gear in the game for the players who wish to grind for it and acquire it. But keep it in PvE only…

And to make the gear skins obtainable and fun to get do something like this…

That’s why I like the idea that pvp has with letting you use the forge to make your armors and what not. But I think they could revamp the entire system and let ppl earn their choice of armor and weapon skins by completing set achievements in wvw and pvp.

You want your cultural armor in wvw…

- Take 1,000 keeps for your chest slot

- Take 1,000 supply camps for your leg slot

- Take 300 guard spots for your glove slot

- Kill 300 yaks for your boot slot

- Complete 200 faction events for head slot

Etc etc… Same thing with pvp but with captures and kills and what not. Give ppl something to achieve in order to unlock armor and weapon skins. Not just grinding for gold or drops. But doing things that are helpful and beneficial to your team or server and giving you said rewards for doing so.

in WvW

timidobserver.7925

I vote no.

Thats why i suggested doing something like this instead of the crap way they implemented pvp, merg wvw/pvp and make them both better by doing this…

Keep ascended gear in the game for the players who wish to grind for it and acquire it. But keep it in PvE only…

And to make the gear skins obtainable and fun to get do something like this…

That’s why I like the idea that pvp has with letting you use the forge to make your armors and what not. But I think they could revamp the entire system and let ppl earn their choice of armor and weapon skins by completing set achievements in wvw and pvp.

You want your cultural armor in wvw…

- Take 1,000 keeps for your chest slot

- Take 1,000 supply camps for your leg slot

- Take 300 guard spots for your glove slot

- Kill 300 yaks for your boot slot

- Complete 200 faction events for head slot

Etc etc… Same thing with pvp but with captures and kills and what not. Give ppl something to achieve in order to unlock armor and weapon skins. Not just grinding for gold or drops. But doing things that are helpful and beneficial to your team or server and giving you said rewards for doing so.

Sounds good. I prefer the non-vacuum version of WvW. I don’t want it to be reduced to just skins like SPvP.

However, the one portion of you idea I agree with is making it easier to obtain top tier guild from WvW only. I would be all for increasing the ability to obtain gear from WvW. You can get a lot more of the new ascended mats from afk auto attacking dragons and easy moding through cof path 1 than you can from WvW. That should change.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I’m going to have to say no on this. Anyone can get ascended gear if they grind for it. It’s your choice if you choose not to. The only reason to get ascended gear anyway for most people is so you’ll be stronger in WvW. There would hardly be a reason to get it if all you do is PvE as that’s easy enough already. Keep spvp in spvp where it belongs. I like the way things are now.

in WvW

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

Please downscale Ascended to Exotic. It’s for the health of WvWvW. The people voting no do not understand the effect it will have on build diversity.

Build Diversity has no reason to exist in PVE due to encounter design and ease of difficulty.
Build Diversity doesn’t really exist in sPVP because of Conquest mode.
Build Diversity DOES exist in WvWvW and that’s maybe the main reason I play it. Ascended will end that.

Hell, let’s be honest. Ascended gear has been a waste of everyone’s time, the devs included. It has added nothing to the gameplay and there’s no content in PVE that demands it. All it can do is screw up WvWvW for players like me.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Istaf.1953

Istaf.1953

Better idea would be to allow people to buy them via badges.

[RET] Medicalstaf
Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

Perfect solution. Coming out of permalurk mode to say add me to the yes vote.

I am a cynic however and don’t think it will happen because the game now has too many wheel rats who want their pvp advantage while pretending none will exist.

I haven’t spent a dime nor been in WvW since the Ascended treadmill got started. Unless they make it fun and reasonably fast to get Ascended while enjoying WvW, I don’t see why I’d bother. Every time I think about jumping in for a bit I shrug and finish my pointless daily and log out instead.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

in WvW

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

As a “PvE grinder”, I’d like to proclaim that WvW is an extension of the PvE game as a whole. It’s basically the “Open world PvP” that other games have, but without all the ganking and interruption mid-mob kill. However, gear and stats still make it into equitation just as it would in OWPvP like other games. In other words: just deal with it. :P

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

this makes sense, so it will never be implemented. people who play 6 hours a day will say "omg no! DONT LET PEOPLE BE EQUAL.

then I’d just have to outplay them and make better builds :’("

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Corvindi.5734

As a “PvE grinder”, I’d like to proclaim that WvW is an extension of the PvE game as a whole. It’s basically the “Open world PvP” that other games have, but without all the ganking and interruption mid-mob kill. However, gear and stats still make it into equitation just as it would in OWPvP like other games. In other words: just deal with it. :P

You grinders were supposed to be able to enjoy your preferred methods of play without forcing others to do the same to keep up stat-wise, though.

How sad that you are the ones who prevailed.

~ArenaNet

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Wait, you don’t do this?

Then stop complaining.

By all means, deride those offering solutions to Ascendeds in WvW.

But let’s be clear: they’re trying to save the game.

When full Ascendeds arrive, WvW is going to be like every other MMO PvP game out there, where long-term grinders have an absolute advantage over noobs, and those who don’t put in the same number of hours flipping keeps etc.

The great thing about WvW was that end game gear advantage didn’t exist. This let you concentrate on strategy, skilled play, trying out new builds, or just spending hours defending a keep for no great reward.

Now it’s just run of the mill PvP, though really the only contemporary game offering fleshed-out RvR. That’s going to change in the Spring when competitors start arriving.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

You grinders were supposed to be able to enjoy your preferred methods of play without forcing others to do the same to keep up stat-wise, though.

And yet, you are wrong. I’ve been in WvW for the past week and have collected hundreds of Ascended crafting materials. These are dropped from Champions, which incidentally every Keep, Tower, and Camp has at least one mob that fits the classification. Each home-borderland had an array of crafting stations to use. 1+1= fun on a bun. Get it? Yes, I’m essentially stating that you’re able to do a large portion of Ascended via WvWvW. Get to it.

in WvW

timidobserver.7925

And yet, you are wrong. I’ve been in WvW for the past week and have collected hundreds of Ascended crafting materials. These are dropped from Champions, which incidentally every Keep, Tower, and Camp has at least one mob that fits the classification. Each home-borderland had an array of crafting stations to use. 1+1= fun on a bun. Get it? Yes, I’m essentially stating that you’re able to do a large portion of Ascended via WvWvW. Get to it.

I disagree with this thread, however you are wrong. It is much more time effective to go spam cof and afk auto attack dragons to get those mats. The availability of the mats should be increased in WvW. If you go hard, you can have what you need to make an ascended weapon in 2 days in PVE. It’s going to be a few weeks if you try to get the mats from WvW alone.

I’ve made a ascended a hundred is really only a drop in the barrel given that you need 500.

in WvW

Sube Dai.8496

Well ascended gear is meant to be slow to acquire. If they were available via badges, which are very easy to acquire, that would defeat the purpose of ascended gear.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Corvindi.5734

If I can’t do it ALL in WvW at the same pace anyone can do it anywhere in game, and have fun doing it (not swap keeps on purpose or crap like that), then I’m not even remotely interested.

~ArenaNet

in WvW

timidobserver.7925

Well ascended gear is meant to be slow to acquire. If they were available via badges, which are very easy to acquire, that would defeat the purpose of ascended gear.

I would allow some select few of the mats to be acquired with badges….. a lot of badges.

As it stands you can go and siege a fully ac’d hills for 45 minutes and finally take it and you’ll get like 5 mats. You can go easy mode the shatterer in blazeridge for 3 minutes and get almost triple or quadruple that.

I think that the amount of mats you get should be based on upgrades. For example, if you take a fully upgraded hills, you should get no less than 60 mats. Partially upgraded hills, no less than 40.

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Wait, you don’t do this?

Then stop complaining.

this^^^ its not like ascended wepons have twice as high stats anyways

in WvW

Posted by: luckywaldo.6089

luckywaldo.6089

Crafting ascended weapons requires a ratio of 1 dragonite ore : 1 bloodstone dust : 1 empyreal fragment. This means that you may as well have infinite bloodstone dust and empyreal fragments, because we all know that the dragonite ore is the bottleneck, and your materials are only worth as much as the bottleneck.

+1 from me for downscaling to exotic. It’s simple, full exotics are easy to get, full ascended are not. Don’t drag the sink designed to entertain the PvE players into WvW, we don’t need it. Keeping it separated will leave most everyone happy.

(P.S. Do not ever use crafting stations in WvW. Leave the queue open for the people actually playing it)

Ecce Machina ~ Engineer
Ars Est Mortem ~ Necromancer

in WvW

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I vote no.

No I don’t.

That is their problem, not mine. If they don’t want to get it, again their problem not mine.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

luckywaldo.6089

I vote no.

No I don’t.

That is their problem, not mine. If they don’t want to get it, again their problem not mine.

But would you mind if everyone was equal?

Ecce Machina ~ Engineer

in WvW

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I vote no.

No I don’t.

I don’t care if they are or not.

I’m not going to accept a change just to make people equal.

If they want the gear, they can go for it, if not that is their problem, not mine.

Everyone has the same opportunity to acquire the gear. No reason to have some kind of programming change just to make those who don’t want it happy. Kitten them. Their problem, not mine. I’d rather see development on other stuff than this kind of change.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

No. Not ascended weapons. They are alot easier to get than ascended trinkets/jewels for my 8 classes. If anything, I think it would be more logical to downscale them, but that just isn’t going to happen.

in WvW

luckywaldo.6089

I vote no.

No I don’t.

If they want the gear, they can go for it, if not that is their problem, not mine.

Everyone has the same opportunity to acquire the gear. No reason to have some kind of programming change just to make those who don’t want it happy. Kitten them. Their problem, not mine. I’d rather see development on other stuff than this kind of change.

Good multiplayer (i.e. balanced) is its own content, and is infinitely superior than pre-created content, because it’s based on the constant evolution of many intelligent (human) enemies. You’re stuck in the mmo box of “work and rewards”, where you get arbitrary (raw stat) advantages from a mindless time investment. That dilutes the meaning of exploring the game mechanics and developing personal skill.

Yes, PvP is ‘pure’ in it’s stats. But currently it feels like a mini-game compared to the scale (in players and persistence) of WvW. Now WvW would never be perfect, but scaling ascended back down to exotic is more than reasonable in the change required and improvement it would make.

Ecce Machina ~ Engineer

in WvW

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I vote no.

No I don’t.

Good multiplayer (i.e. balanced) is its own content, and is infinitely superior than pre-created content, because it’s based on the constant evolution of many intelligent (human) enemies. You’re stuck in the mmo box of “work and rewards”, where you get arbitrary (raw stat) advantages from a mindless time investment. That dilutes the meaning of exploring the game mechanics and developing personal skill.

Yes, PvP is ‘pure’ in it’s stats. But currently it feels like a mini-game compared to the scale (in players and persistence) of WvW. Now WvW would never be perfect, but scaling ascended back down to exotic is more than reasonable in the change required and improvement it would make.

You don’t have any clue about me because I’m not suck in some kind of box. You missed your mark on any kind of psudo-psychoanalysis. You should leave such things to people that actually know what they are doing.

Here is how I see it, really simple, just have to read the next 2 lines and it doesn’t take some kind of BS psychoanalysis>>> I just don’t care about you or anyone else that doesn’t want to get this stuff. You people are the ones with the problem, not me.

I would rather see a lot of other programming done and fixed before this even gets mess with.