Druids are overpowered in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Also, as an aside, and I’m not calling out druids in particular, could people that main a class please stop with the just straight denial of broken stuff. Play 1 other class at least, and if you don’t maybe look at your response and ask ‘is this biased’? If something is overtuned in WvW it affects all of us, I get my ‘mai class is mai class’ but please, Anet clearly haven’t got a kittening clue about WvW balance so just discuss instead of straight white-knighting. We don’t want Glorious Leader to be confused.

Funny thing is when you go from playing a ranger to pretty much any other profession you feel like the game just got put on easy mode. All of a sudden you have roughly the same sustain but 2-3 times the damage.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Funny thing is when you go from playing a ranger to pretty much any other profession you feel like the game just got put on easy mode. All of a sudden you have roughly the same sustain but 2-3 times the damage.

He’s the posterboy of what I meant above

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

He’s the posterboy of what I meant above

And here’s another qq thief

I have every profession, I like to switch things up on a regular basis to keep things fresh and to stay up to date on how to fight every class.

The bunker druid build (which I don’t play) is about as effective as the evade spam thief (or a dueling build on any class), except the thief still has a strong burst. Unlike several other professions (warrior, engi, etc.), the bunker druid scales horribly outside of 1v1’s because it is sustained damage and it relies on pet ai.

The only valid complaint in this whole thread is that they are boring to fight, but being boring doesn’t make them op.

LGN

in WvW

Jana.6831

I have every profession, I like to switch things up on a regular basis to keep things fresh and to stay up to date on how to fight every class.

The bunker druid build (which I don’t play) is about as effective as the evade spam thief (or a dueling build on any class), except the thief still has a strong burst. Unlike several other professions (warrior, engi, etc.), the bunker druid scales horribly outside of 1v1’s because it is sustained damage and it relies on pet ai.

The only valid complaint in this whole thread is that they are boring to fight, but being boring doesn’t make them op.

I tried to kill a pretty good bunker druid with another guy – we had no chance. After us was an evade spam thief who also had no chance. All Elites are pretty OP but druid and Berserker are on top of that chain. Druid might even be a bit above Berserker. And it doesn’t really matter how the class scales. And btw: Every class has as least equal if not higher burst than a thief – Deceiver always has got some 20k backstabs which I have never achieved and never received, the common backstab is around 8-9k, coalescence of ruin12-16k, arc divider 13k and so on and so on.. I thought you played every class?

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Jana.6831, those skills are necessary for bad players to kill something and think they are decent, reason some are on low CD, wich atracks players, that is not a matter of class design but a way to atrack players that dont want to go much deep on classes, they only need X build for sustain and damage, its more about “marketing builds” , Anet still needs to learn this is one of the reasons many player left, and others laugh at gw2 skill game.

Add some autoatacks that can hit 3-4k on some classes.. this game is ment to be easy.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Jana.6831

Jana.6831, those skills are necessary for bad players to kill something and think they are decent, reason some are on low CD, it atracks players.
Add some autoatacks that can hit 3-4k on some classes.. this game is ment to be easy.

I know – they tried to teach us otherwise until last year June – nowadays combos are really out of date – we don’t need them anymore.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

I tried to kill a pretty good bunker druid with another guy – we had no chance. After us was an evade spam thief who also had no chance. All Elites are pretty OP but druid and Berserker are on top of that chain. Druid might even be a bit above Berserker. And it doesn’t really matter how the class scales. And btw: Every class has as least equal if not higher burst than a thief – Deceiver always has got some 20k backstabs which I have never achieved and never received, the common backstab is around 8-9k, coalescence of ruin12-16k, arc divider 13k and so on and so on.. I thought you played every class?

Lol so you’ve seen thieves hit 20k backstabs but because you didn’t do it thieves only have mediocre burst right? Just like because you lost against a druid they have to be op, it can’t be that he was just a much better player than you right?

What’s sad is the meta build for thieves have all the tools needed to deal with a bunker druid as long as you aren’t trying to yolo in and 1 shot him, you don’t have to make a special build for the fight at all.
You can stealth and wait out SotP to deny them their might stacks, hit them with your shortbow to trigger protective ward so you’re out of range of the weakness aoe and then steal to them to rip their protection and hit them with a burst. You also have head shot to interrupt their heals, multiple ways to get out of ancient seeds, extra dodges to avoid pet bursts, shadow shot to bypass their GS block or staff’s sublime conversion.

Seriously, just learn their traits/skills and learn to draw out their cooldowns instead of spamming crap without knowing what you are fighting.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

The problem with druid is, they made him a healing class. So even if a druid player sacrifices defence for bigger damage output, they can still heal, because that’s what druid was designed for. Heal a lot. And even more.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

There really isn’t a build, people are pretty much crying over ancestral grace (staff 3), celestial shadow, ancient seeds and still smokescale.

I guess the build would be anything with staff and shouts. The last 2 items are probably BiS for any druid build in wvw.

So people are whining about mobility, dmg, disengage and CC?
Can I exactly know which profession shows a balanced version of these 4 elements?
-Herald, Chronomancer, Daredevil,Scrapper?

No matter what people try to say..you all run cheesy kitten in the end of the day, low CD spammable dmg/CC

Only thing that matters in wvw roaming is mobility/disengage and damage. Mesmer, Elementalist, Thief, Warriors all have it and still do, for years. Well except elementalist now, cause their kit went to more support instead. Who needs cc when you can blow up people instead, while the druid still needs long drawn out fights.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

Only thing that matters in wvw roaming is mobility/disengage and damage. Mesmer, Elementalist, Thief, Warriors all have it and still do, for years. Well except elementalist now, cause their kit went to more support instead. Who needs cc when you can blow up people instead, while the druid still needs long drawn out fights.

You forgot damage sponges – evades, blocks, absorbs, damage-to-healing skills, and passive regen.

in WvW

Jana.6831

Lol so you’ve seen thieves hit 20k backstabs but because you didn’t do it thieves only have mediocre burst right?

What’s wrong with you? I know someone has got screenshots of very high backstabs and I believe him but I have never been hit (except right after the June 23th 2015 patch) with numbers as high as that. I do believe him but he might be the only one who has that high backstabs.

Just like because you lost against a druid they have to be op, it can’t be that he was just a much better player than you right?

True, but if you’ve read carefully you’d seen that it was 2 vs 1 and 1 “op evade thief” against him – and that wasn’t the only druid I faced. They do have too much sustain, their pet is overpowered, they can do too much damage. All elites are overpowered, not only against vanilla classes.

in WvW

Posted by: Rotteny.8743

Rotteny.8743

All elites are overpowered, not only against vanilla classes.

If ALL elites are overpowered, how Elites are not par with each other? That don’t make sense buddy…

Diana Strongarm / Blighter Hellena / Jasmine Fatima / Elizabeth Crowel
WvW Rank 337 (Bronze Soldier) – PvP Rank 33 (Wolf) – 3,2k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Borlis Pass (Also known as Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Jana.6831

If ALL elites are overpowered, how Elites are not par with each other? That don’t make sense buddy…

It does – have you ever played D/D cele ele vs D/D cele ele back in the day? the outcome was pure RNG. Same now with all elites.

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Lol so you’ve seen thieves hit 20k backstabs but because you didn’t do it thieves only have mediocre burst right? Just like because you lost against a druid they have to be op, it can’t be that he was just a much better player than you right?

What’s sad is the meta build for thieves have all the tools needed to deal with a bunker druid as long as you aren’t trying to yolo in and 1 shot him, you don’t have to make a special build for the fight at all.
You can stealth and wait out SotP to deny them their might stacks, hit them with your shortbow to trigger protective ward so you’re out of range of the weakness aoe and then steal to them to rip their protection and hit them with a burst. You also have head shot to interrupt their heals, multiple ways to get out of ancient seeds, extra dodges to avoid pet bursts, shadow shot to bypass their GS block or staff’s sublime conversion.

Seriously, just learn their traits/skills and learn to draw out their cooldowns instead of spamming crap without knowing what you are fighting.

Not sure what build of druid you’re fighting but you would need a pretty solid skill difference if you’re talking about winning the 1v1 on a thief. Or maybe the druid is some brand of potato

Druid will evade, stealth or just facetank your burst and erase it with heal. If you’re not in stealth or evade/block that staff will find you.

Best bet for a thief is to gank from stealth as a +1

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

It does – have you ever played D/D cele ele vs D/D cele ele back in the day? the outcome was pure RNG. Same now with all elites.

Not really, it came down to whoever had the better rotational play usually after a very very very very long time.

Some elite specs > other elite specs.
All elite specs > core specs.

Maybe that dumbs it down enough for him.

As for Jim’s exaggeration of thief burst, it’s been a long time since I was hit with a backstab for even 14k, most come out at 10k if they have a pair and 7-8k if they’re running some pansy SA stealth and evade spamming build, on a zerk cloth character too.

None of that matters if you’re fighting a PVT durability, concentration sigil druid who can literally tank your burst, heal to full and wear you down while making sure burst very rarely takes off half your health even if you face tank it. You’d have to be comatose to be killed in a 1v1 on that druid.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Not sure what build of druid you’re fighting but you would need a pretty solid skill difference if you’re talking about winning the 1v1 on a thief. Or maybe the druid is some brand of potato

Druid will evade, stealth or just facetank your burst and erase it with heal. If you’re not in stealth or evade/block that staff will find you.

Best bet for a thief is to gank from stealth as a +1

You know what allows them to face tank the burst? The automatic application of protection to them and weakness to you from protective ward, that’s why I explained how to bypass it.

I’ve never run into a single one of these druids that I couldn’t beat because I know the class inside and out. I’ve run into a few that I didn’t bother fighting a second time because I didn’t feel like dealing with a long fight but that doesn’t make them op, it makes them a bunker.

And the really sad part is it’s not even a good bunker build because 2 capable players will tear it apart.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

As for Jim’s exaggeration of thief burst, it’s been a long time since I was hit with a backstab for even 14k, most come out at 10k if they have a pair and 7-8k if they’re running some pansy SA stealth and evade spamming build, on a zerk cloth character too.

I got hit with 7.8k cnd followed by a 13k backstab just last week with near 1600 toughness, and I bet that wasn’t even their highest bs hit of the night.

None of that matters if you’re fighting a PVT durability, concentration sigil druid who can literally tank your burst, heal to full and wear you down while making sure burst very rarely takes off half your health even if you face tank it. You’d have to be comatose to be killed in a 1v1 on that druid.

Take the advice of thieves when you face their cheese builds, run away.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Reh.5986

Durability runes and damage reduc food + half decent gear makes the game plenty forgiving for bunker druid vs thief burst.

in WvW

Jana.6831

Not really, it came down to whoever had the better rotational play usually after a very very very very long time.

Not really, you could make several mistakes on D/D cele ele, it didn’t really matter, just if the sum of your mistakes was larger than that of the other D/D cele you were in danger.
ETA: Or maybe: I guess we have the same opinion for once.

Some elite specs > other elite specs.
All elite specs > core specs.

I said it on the thie forums once: If you have 2 of the same class, same build and same skill duelling and they’re unable to kill each other, then that build leaves no opening. And that is true with most elites.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Durability runes and damage reduc food + half decent gear makes the game plenty forgiving for bunker druid vs thief burst.

Also means the only condi removal they are running is druidic clarity and maybe SoR which has a 60 sec cooldown. So basically they are a free bag to everyone but a pure power build that doesn’t know how to CC.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

And I was just eaten alive by a condition necro even with max condition clear on my Druid… So nerf op necros plz

I think giving staff auto a condi clear on the 3rd tick would be perfect and balanced. Also, Druids need a big burst skill on staff, like thief gets, maybe on number 2. Another also, pets have a hard time hitting moving targets so can we give all their attacks a chill component? Maybe 2 pets at once as well would be good?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Also means the only condi removal they are running is druidic clarity and maybe SoR which has a 60 sec cooldown. So basically they are a free bag to everyone but a pure power build that doesn’t know how to CC.

Druidic Clarity is a very powerful cleanse though, if specced for frequent CA access. Common druid builds are not weak vs condi builds nor free bags in general (unless played bad of course).

And I was just eaten alive by a condition necro even with max condition clear on my Druid… So nerf op necros plz

Druid counters necro. If you die to one 1vs1 it is an issue with your build or your playstyle (or both).

in WvW

Rotteny.8743

UmbraNoctis.1907

Druid counters necro. If you die to one 1vs1 it is an issue with your build or your playstyle (or both).

I can’t belive you took that bait… It’s clear he’s trolling.

Attachments:

in WvW

UmbraNoctis.1907

I can’t belive you took that bait… It’s clear he’s trolling.

Considering his usual posts about druid, it was hard to tell (and i answered before he added his “buff suggestions” which made it more clear).

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Druidic Clarity is a very powerful cleanse though, if specced for frequent CA access. Common druid builds are not weak vs condi builds nor free bags in general (unless played bad of course).

Druidic clarity is strong when paired with shouts because they can use the shouts for minor stuff and use drudic clarity to clear the bombs. When that is all they are running they are easy to lockdown with soft cc and it is easy to draw out their CA before bombing them.

Remember you have plenty of time to wait for an opening, it isn’t a high damage build.

LGN

in WvW

Swagger.1459

All I know is that Ranger/Druid and pets need some buffs.

in WvW

UmbraNoctis.1907

With mobility, stealth, cc, evades … druids have enough tools to avoid getting locked down or condi bombed when key skills are on cd. I’m not saying, druids are immortal – well timed cc + burst, both power or condi, can definitly kill them. But there is no real hard counter (unless outnumbering of course), you pretty much have to outplay them to win 1vs1. (Also shouts doesn’t neccessarily mean “full shouts”. Heal + elite are usually enough to keep the regen going.)

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

in WvW

Reh.5986

Bunker druid free bag to condi build? Not seeing that at all unless they’re dumb enough to blow the big clear on stuff they shouldn’t or maybe they’re up against two decent condi builds and don’t disengage.

I run a faceroll scrapper build and it still takes me 4 to 6 skills to manage a major condi bomb. On druid I push a button to fix everything + stun break and then stealth for good measure. Kite for cds rinse repeat.

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

I agree that the bunker druid is overpowered in small scale battles. I think it is okay, that the druid has a place in small scale roaming, but the disengage possibilites are too good for a class that is never in melee distance, the heals are too strong even without a lot of healing power and it is very hard to counter the damage of the pets for beastmaster-bunkers even if you focus on killing the pets.
The underwater problem should have been solved a long time ago imho, but well, you can stay out of water most of the time at least.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Small scale, it’s OP, the end.

They are exactly what old Cele D/D Ele used to be but with more mobility and bonus access to stealth.

The best way to hurt a Druid is to interrupt Rejuvenating Tides. Interrupting pretty much anything other than that is going to be extremely difficult unless you have nearly insta-cast CC’s like Steal with Sleight Of Hand, Headshot, Powerlock, Doom or something to that effect. Remember that most of these Druids are running +% Boon Duration which means they’re going to frequently have Quickness on top of being very strong kiters.

In other words, unless you have very high mobility yourself and nearly insta-cast/ranged CC’s, you’re not going to be interrupting these Druids very much.

I like to think I’m fair when claiming something is OP or UP because I’m never bias and I don’t cry for nerfs just because I can’t beat something. Heck, I enjoy fighting condition Chronomancer’s… So that should be a good bench mark for just how obnoxious hybrid/bunker Druid must be.

As I’d said in an earlier post, this build is only effective in small scale and roaming. If it does get nerfed, I think it deserves some buffs as well because it would be unfair to make it crappy everywhere. It needs to have a place for the sake of diversity but it still needs to be tuned down a bit as well. I see this build quite frequently and it’s to the point that I just don’t bother fighting them most of the time. It is not fun for anyone but them and it’s a huge waste of time for exactly that reason.

Not fighting someone/specific builds is a perfectly acceptable attitude if you think it counters you or it’s not fun for you to fight. That doesn’t excuse certain builds from being overtuned, though. You can’t use the excuse “just don’t fight it” every time something is broken.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

… I’m never bias…

Yeah me too! We so perfect how could anyone not believe us!

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

… I’m never bias…

Yeah me too! We so perfect how could anyone not believe us!

I think from this point on I’ll refrain from acting like you exist. You do you, though.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Small scale, it’s OP, the end.

They are exactly what old Cele D/D Ele used to be but with more mobility and bonus access to stealth.

The best way to hurt a Druid is to interrupt Rejuvenating Tides. Interrupting pretty much anything other than that is going to be extremely difficult unless you have nearly insta-cast CC’s like Steal with Sleight Of Hand, Headshot, Powerlock, Doom or something to that effect. Remember that most of these Druids are running +% Boon Duration which means they’re going to frequently have Quickness on top of being very strong kiters.

In other words, unless you have very high mobility yourself and nearly insta-cast/ranged CC’s, you’re not going to be interrupting these Druids very much.

I like to think I’m fair when claiming something is OP or UP because I’m never bias and I don’t cry for nerfs just because I can’t beat something. Heck, I enjoy fighting condition Chronomancer’s… So that should be a good bench mark for just how obnoxious hybrid/bunker Druid must be.

As I’d said in an earlier post, this build is only effective in small scale and roaming. If it does get nerfed, I think it deserves some buffs as well because it would be unfair to make it crappy everywhere. It needs to have a place for the sake of diversity but it still needs to be tuned down a bit as well. I see this build quite frequently and it’s to the point that I just don’t bother fighting them most of the time. It is not fun for anyone but them and it’s a huge waste of time for exactly that reason.

Not fighting someone/specific builds is a perfectly acceptable attitude if you think it counters you or it’s not fun for you to fight. That doesn’t excuse certain builds from being overtuned, though. You can’t use the excuse “just don’t fight it” every time something is broken.

Bolded.

That was exactly you when talking about those Druids from YB… You gave up and lost a chance to get better. So instead of learning and changing your build and practicing and being competitive… you hop on the boards saying that the Druid is op…

Funny thing is at first I thought they were cheating somehow and reported them. Nope, all legit play and builds… So what did I do? I changed my playstyle and builds and gear and tried different professions and different tactics… I got better.

When I lose I look at why that happened and adjust, not rush to the boards to ask for nerfs or claim something is “op”.

Edit for clarity- I was out of wvw for a long while and when I started playing again all I heard was “they are hacking…” over and over and over… and that formed the impression that something funny was going on.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I think the biggest objection people have is how forgiving a tankier druid is. Tonnes of sustain, and more damage than most classes could put out if they ran that tanky.

People probably wouldn’t mind so much, except it leads to (a) really bad players being hard carried by their build in a fight that’s above their pay grade, and/or (b) super boring fights.

That said, I love when I come across well played dps-oriented druids. They wreck just about anything I can throw against them in a 1v1 (as a warrior main), and I’ve got no problem with that.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

That was exactly you when talking about those Druids from YB… You gave up and lost a chance to get better.

When something is overpowered, that doesn’t mean it cannot be beaten, that’s true. But it means that something may not be a fair fight and it usually is Arenanet that should make sure that fights remain fair in most cases. Atm some builds and classes may not be that fair anymore for a lot of people and if they stop fighting those classes/builds because of it, this should be a problem that Arenanet should be interested in solving.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

ETA: Or maybe: I guess we have the same opinion for once.

I know, I’m scared too.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

The problem is the same as usual. Risk vs reward. Druids (meta version) are tanky as kitten, able to run away like hell while also being able of abusing stealth with smokescale… and yet do very good damage still. The kind of damage you should not be able to dish out with the level of tankiness they entertain.

Sure, they aren’t alone in the cheese dip department, but they clearly are among the worst example of risk vs reward gone bad in wvw.

(edited by Sirbeaumerdier.3740)

in WvW

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

Also, as an aside, and I’m not calling out druids in particular, could people that main a class please stop with the just straight denial of broken stuff. Play 1 other class at least, and if you don’t maybe look at your response and ask ‘is this biased’? If something is overtuned in WvW it affects all of us, I get my ‘mai class is mai class’ but please, Anet clearly haven’t got a kittening clue about WvW balance so just discuss instead of straight white-knighting. We don’t want Glorious Leader to be confused.

This is the most funniest comment ever i’ve seen 2016

I mean druid is soooo hard to play right? I mean druid skill rotation and play style is extremely easy and forgiving.

Most of people who main druid always think they are playing the hardest profession which is not true they heavily gets carried by the profession and build it self and they usually play the bunker/condi cheese as well as they play so bad when they get to play other professions.

and no thief only rely on evade and stealth and stealth has so many counters nowdays which means evade is the only clutch to save thieves. If u ever duel a same skilled level of druid vs thief, thief has no chance of winning thats how it is and thats not a l2p issue. In order to beat druids with thief u have to 100% outplay them to get them down.

yet Druid? superior short cd’s on weapon set skills . mobility on gs or staff , good healing , regen , 1200~1500 range kiting , easy access to stability and might boons , can stealth , good damage.

Druid lacks nothing, None of other professions can access all of that and all those druid main tells everyone who disagree l2p so funny lol

i mean I can play druid for less than 50 hours and can still compete with skilled roamers easily thats how it is low risk high reward.

(edited by MidoriMarch.8067)

in WvW

Posted by: keelaunaw.3285

keelaunaw.3285

im sick of this kitten too, and im a druid. bunker druids shooting lasers from a stick should have been made a completely different class. 90% of their abilities are healing. i refuse to play a laser shooting druid, i signed on this game to be a ranger w my bow, not a laser shooting druid shooting lasers from a kittening stick.

Never got bored with an MMO faster than GW2. Took 4mos.

in WvW

Rotteny.8743

im sick of this kitten too, and im a druid. bunker druids shooting lasers from a stick should have been made a completely different class. 90% of their abilities are healing. i refuse to play a laser shooting druid, i signed on this game to be a ranger w my bow, not a laser shooting druid shooting lasers from a kittening stick.

I shoot lasers with a Greatsword...

in WvW

Justine.6351

I mean druid is soooo hard to play right? I mean druid skill rotation and play style is extremely easy and forgiving.

Most of people who main druid always think they are playing the hardest profession which is not true they heavily gets carried by the profession and build it self and they usually play the bunker/condi cheese as well as they play so bad when they get to play other professions.

and no thief only rely on evade and stealth and stealth has so many counters nowdays which means evade is the only clutch to save thieves. If u ever duel a same skilled level of druid vs thief, thief has no chance of winning thats how it is and thats not a l2p issue. In order to beat druids with thief u have to 100% outplay them to get them down.

yet Druid? superior short cd’s on weapon set skills . mobility on gs or staff , good healing , regen , 1200~1500 range kiting , easy access to stability and might boons , can stealth , good damage.

Druid lacks nothing, None of other professions can access all of that and all those druid main tells everyone who disagree l2p so funny lol

i mean I can play druid for less than 50 hours and can still compete with skilled roamers easily thats how it is low risk high reward.

Easy access to stability! How many times do I need to have my SotP interrupted by daze and fear spam before it’s considered hard lols.

in WvW

Rotteny.8743

Use SotP on stealth, d’oh.

in WvW

Justine.6351

there are no aoe cc skills people will use in an instant if you enter stealth ! none !

in WvW

Rotteny.8743

there are no aoe cc skills people will use in an instant if you enter stealth ! none !

You are giving them too much credibility. Your average GW2 player won’t ever do that my friend…

in WvW

Posted by: Gibimo.2193

Gibimo.2193

Druids are OP in wvw.

Seriously some of class like druids , condi mesmers , condi trap thief makes wvw extremely boring and unhealthy to play

Totally agreed.
honestly, I play those class. just started for know how to counter them.
as result? no counter. those are overpowered if played properly.

in WvW

Gibimo.2193

Every class has as least equal if not higher burst than a thief – Deceiver always has got some 20k backstabs which I have never achieved and never received, the common backstab is around 8-9k, coalescence of ruin12-16k, arc divider 13k and so on and so on.. I thought you played every class?

+1

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Easy access to stability! How many times do I need to have my SotP interrupted by daze and fear spam before it’s considered hard lols.

Getting interrupted is not just a druid problem though and it changes nothing about them having too much for what they sacrificed.

The comparison to the old cele ele is a good one. Except druid has even better healing and condi cleanse on top of mobility and access to stealth… and a pet… Even getting to 25 might is easier to do.

in WvW

Gibimo.2193

Getting interrupted is not just a druid problem though and it changes nothing about them having too much for what they sacrificed.

The comparison to the old cele ele is a good one. Except druid has even better healing and condi cleanse on top of mobility and access to stealth… and a pet… Even getting to 25 might is easier to do.

and don’t forget 9k damage HoT pet skills!

in WvW

Posted by: dragonrage.8921

dragonrage.8921

Instead of complaining that something is OP counter it or leave it be. Theres always a way to counter a build just depends in your willing to run and come up with a appropriate build. Think for yourself sometimes the metas not always the right way to go.

in WvW

Justine.6351

ya as op as druid is made out to be (it is pretty amazing) I still see fair representation of all classes when in wvw. I find it hard to believe that many people are so proper about not rushing to pickup the next op thing. If druid was so op it just had to be nerfed hard trust me, there would be like a 5-1 ratio of them in wvw because that’s probably the ratio of people who have no shame when it comes to winning.