Duelers in WvW and attitudes

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

When we were blue for most of the tournament at times we had random skirmishes right outside the gate of SM, that isn’t the most appropriate spot, nor is the east wall facing Durios which can be trebbed, sometimes I would qq at people desperate for kills, but tbh i’m the guy in the wrong.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I always join in unless my server ally tells me to stop or it’s obvious that it’s a duel going on (several people watching on the sidelines, belonging to the same guild etc.). The Obsidian Sanctum is the “officially sanctioned” area for duels and GvG, so my first reaction is to help out a fellow TC fighter if I see them fighting.

in WvW

Posted by: SobZney.1739

SobZney.1739

Of course it is C.

If you see someone 1v1, let them 1v1……….

in WvW

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

It’s unrealistic for “duelers” to expect entire servers to know exactly what it is they are doing and accommodate them. Besides, I would think half the excitement is knowing you’re in a place where you may see 30 enemies roll over a hill at any time, forcing you to decide whether or not you continue or flee…

Guild Wars 2 needs a Hardcore mode

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

in WvW

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Wait until one of them dies and see if they go for a stomp.
If the enemy is stomping your teammate, kill him.
If your teammate is stomping the enemy, tag him quick!

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

And here i was thinking the usual response would b.

Zerg them down with 10 friends, spam laugh at their body whilst throwing seige on them and send them a tell about how you hope they and their family die of cancer.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in WvW

Posted by: law.9410

law.9410

Depends on the situation, but generally don’t interrupt them.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SMC is not a dueling area.

This.

While I have no quarrel with people wanting to duel others in a honorable 1v1, I will always attack an enemy in EB or BL regardless of my allie telling me it’s a duel. These maps have a limited number of slots and that bloke who wants to 1v1 is not only not helping his world, but he is actually hurting it by taking up a slot in the map which could be occupied by someone who wants to actually help the war effort. If you want to duel, Obsidian Sanctum and actual sPvP is there for you. Or even EotM.

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Small scale fights are quite difficult to find these days and I don’t think it matters in which map it’s happening, be it BLs or EB I don’t see why you would interrupt a perfectly good fight. Most of the people seems to be rolling around with zergs or humongous guild groups so why don’t you just let the small scalers do their thing too? I try to not interrupt any fair looking fights, however, if I see someone adding in I’ll pull out my DUEL POLICE sheriff’s badge and dive in to save the ally. Either ress the ally or kill one of the people who added in, then drop out of the fight and continue doing whatever I was going to do.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

The other day I walked around EB as a quaggon with a bawoon!

Of course there are times when enemy players with run around with you, even transform into something and walk around with you.

But then you also have the red=dead players. Even though you clearly pose no threat, even to a rabbit; not only will one enemy player jump at you with everything they have, I’ve had instances where 20+ have detached themselves from their zerg train just to kill little old quaggon.

You are a loot bag, nothing more, especially in such instances

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Of course there are times when enemy players with run around with you, even transform into something and walk around with you.

But then you also have the red=dead players. Even though you clearly pose no threat, even to a rabbit; not only will one enemy player jump at you with everything they have, I’ve had instances where 20+ have detached themselves from their zerg train just to kill little old quaggon.

I bet nobody ever thought of using this approach to scout the enemy…

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

There are the soft rules on one hand but the need to protect your realm mates.

The only 2 real Hard rules at this moment :
First—> Fight at the windmill in the BLs. You have 3 to choose from. You are likely to be safe and most WvW players know its a duel zone.
Second —> respect your ally if he says in a nice manner that they are dueling.

I strongly believe that as the game progresses like DAoC did, more duel zones will become recognized.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

As a strange related note we had this problem last night except with GvGs…

We had a fair number of AM guild groups on our BL and 2-3 of our own guilds raiding, and for about 2 hours the whole BL became one big GvG arena where interfering with their fights got you petty heavily flamed at times.

In some cases I could understand why there was frustration.. 2 guilds were having a good fight and its no fun if suddenly another guild of 30 people piles in.. thats just a blob and theres no fun to be had for anyone there. But then it eventually died down to just one of our guilds vs one of their over and over, and they were so mad that one single pug was semi interfering, even though they were fighting in the middle of the map with a commander tag on. I mean.. seriously? If you want a private GvG go to OS, go to the windmill, turn your tag off and do it there.. dont be the acting commander in the BL and fight in the middle and then get annoyed when pugs arrive.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

Of course it is C.

it’s not obvious at all. They may be a support build, rushing to an objective and get ganked by a thief. They may be happy with that and want a duel, but they may also want help to get on with their mission.

Personally, when it is not in an obvious duelling location (I.e. Mainly back of south camp) I would engage first but back off if asked. This is WvW, it’s a team game, by default you keep your allies alive and kill your enemies!

Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I wouldn’t call EB a PPT zone really I was born and bred on EB (also commanded), it’s lootbaglandia for pugs which is why they/we attack most if not all Red tags they see , even the Champion Grub and Harpy.

Of course if I see a duel I’ll leave them alone and I’ll join a random skirmish out of boredom. Little fights like this you can’t help to jump into though when two guys try to gang up on a ranger: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RaT4N52c98M

@Pinkmena I love running about in tonic form, too, most understand it’s harmless fun apart from these Spanish Necros this one night I was a snowman, haven’t had PC access all week, but here it is.

Attachments:

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: scabrous.7835

scabrous.7835

If I see my ally fight 1v1-X I see how he fares:
1) He does well – I go my way and leave them (he might be recording).
2) He does poorly – I will not let them stomp my ally but I will not interfere until he is down.
I am first and foremost a roamer and I don’t want when others disturb me even if I 1vX (I can handle that most of the time) and I assume that others think like me, hence aforementioned points.

If I see two enemy forces fighting, I will just stomp them both so that none of them feels bad.

I don’t disturb fights behind windmill or inside obs or, generally, any clear duels or gvgs.

Three Jackdaws – SD4Life – Desolation EU
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

in WvW

Posted by: Grym.4295

Grym.4295

I let all my allies die whether it’s a fair fight or not. It will only make them stronger… or they might just quit and go back to PvE, I don’t really care either way.

PvD takes SO much more skill than PvE

The slave dreams not of freedom, but of becoming the master.

in WvW

Posted by: Uhaen.9876

Uhaen.9876

Kill them all. Anything that’s an NPC deserves to die. Allies may be similarly discarded; they are just green NPCs.

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I view people in tonics as time trials for how quickly I can annihilate them.

in WvW

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Kill everything

in WvW

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Of course it is C.

it’s not obvious at all. They may be a support build, rushing to an objective and get ganked by a thief. They may be happy with that and want a duel, but they may also want help to get on with their mission.

Personally, when it is not in an obvious duelling location (I.e. Mainly back of south camp) I would engage first but back off if asked. This is WvW, it’s a team game, by default you keep your allies alive and kill your enemies!

Yes, yes, yes. To the person above who said I should win a 1v1 situation: my build is for team support, not PvP. PvP has a place, and it’s not in WvW.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

If in a keep or tower, they are red.
If outside away from a tower, or next to a tower that isnt being attacked, then ask.

But the usual attitude is the former Red = Dead
WvW is WvW, it is not sPvP, dueling, or even GvG.
Anything goes in WvW, and thanks to very few fixes, and even approval of playstyles by the mods, anything really does go, be it legit or not.

So next time you come up to someone who complains, tell them they should go to a quiet area where players rarely go, there are plenty dotted around each map. They can duel in peace and without interruptions there.

truer words have never been spoken, its WvW, not anything else. If someone gets mad, oh well. Send them a smiley emote and tell them to have a nice day

Completely agree.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I kill everybody red….

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in WvW

Posted by: Tien.3865

Tien.3865

I ignore them. Turning a 1v1 into a 2v1 isn’t my idea of fun, unless the enemy who’s fighting my ally has ganked me (or attempted to) in a fight I was involved in. Then I’ll return the favor.

For example, in our current matchup there’s a roaming ele on HoD running a scepter build who likes to join small fights (particularly ones when we’re already outnumbered) and burst unsuspecting people down from range. So whenever I see this guy in a fight, I always focus on him and CC + eviscerate the crap out of him. Needs a taste of his own medicine, y’know.

Also, I tend to ignore fights where multiple allies are fighting one enemy. Hopefully they can handle themselves.

Borlis Pass solo roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Every red name is a potential pre-cursor. My only exceptions are:

• Players fighting in known dueling areas
  • I will not stomp a player if someone on my side asks but they will likely be put into a downed state
  • I generally won’t jump in if I see a bunch of friendlies standing around watching two players fight

Basically if they are anywhere north of Borderland South camps… fair game on running them over.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

as a solo roamer… it depends where the fight is taking place and whether it is obviously a duel or not.

As a rule, if it is behind the windmill or out of the way somewhere, I will leave alone. Anywhere else then I use my own judgement.

I have had some great duels around keeps or around a joint enemy supply camp… if I get ganked then I will get annoyed but I admit that is part of the game… I would do the same if the situation was reversed – a camp is a point objective and I am not going to stand around idle around objectives. However, there are times when I will be dueling someone around an joint enemy objective and the joint enemy turns up and we party for a while to defeat the enemy and then go back to our duel.

I show no respect for afk players no matter where they park themselves… I often get pms of hate when that happens but there is probably an active someone in a que who can’t get in to play because of someone being afk.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: Rin.2094

Rin.2094

Hmmm..I seen this exact thing like 4 days ago…any chance your on Crystal Desert Kuldebar?

Crystal Desert — Keepers of the heart (Koth)

in WvW

Posted by: Rin.2094

Rin.2094

May have be 3 nights ago..time gets jumbled up sometimes..

Crystal Desert — Keepers of the heart (Koth)

in WvW

Posted by: iTB.1428

iTB.1428

The point isn’t about whether it’s “fair”, “allowed” or “expected”.

Its just about fun.

Lets leave aside formal duels for now, and just talk about roaming, where 1v1s and 2v2s can frequently happen.

If I’m in a 1v1 while roaming, and 2 allies jump in and turn it into a 3v1, I don’t get annoyed because its not “honourable”. I get annoyed because its not “fun”. 3v1 takes zero effort, requires zero skill. You can do it with your eyes closed.

So rather than having a challenging 1v1 where I have to really work hard, by adding in you turn my fun fight into, basically, PvE. You have robbed me of fun.

Its not about honour and fairness, its just about turning fun fights into tedious zergfests.

However, I fully agree that people shouldn’t expect perfectly fair fights if they’re hanging around objectives and main-roads. This is why many people seeking duels on EB go to the east side of Stonemist, where the Oakhearts are, because there is rarely any reason for the PPT hordes to go through that way.

truer words cannot be spoken
it’s not just 1v1, 2v2, GvG … it’s about every aspekt of the game
this divides players into two groups
1) those who wants to have fun
2) those who wants to win (or whatever) no matter the cost (hello zerglings)

I tb | Necro Raiders [NR]
Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

truer words cannot be spoken
it’s not just 1v1, 2v2, GvG … it’s about every aspekt of the game
this divides players into two groups
1) those who wants to have fun
2) those who wants to win (or whatever) no matter the cost (hello zerglings)

What about people who think #2 is fun?

Lots of people on these forums only think that the way they have fun should be the way that all of the rest of the players have fun too and that’s rubbish.

Everyone has their own definition of fun whether it be by 1v1, small group, roaming, zerging, Commanding, interrupting duels, defending objectives, building open field siege, flipping camps or sentries, or whatever.

Just because player A has fun by doing something, doesn’t mean player B will have fun doing the same thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Treble.1563

Treble.1563

As a roamer, sometimes people just get bored and end up befriending people from other servers (usually when neither can kill the other and it just ends up in a dance-off). It’s only natural that you, a person on the outside looking in, might think your teammate is in trouble. It’s not your job to figure out whether or not two people are having a friendly match.

I was dueling someone yesterday at an enemy garrison and got interrupted by another. However, he was told to stop and ended up just watching. Then more and more of their server came to watch and all of a sudden I’m surrounded by 15 enemy players just sitting and watching our duels. That was pretty fun.

S U M E T A L [ Warrior ][ S/Wh + Ham ][ Zerg Shout Support ]
M O A M E T A L [ Necromancer ][ Staff + D/F ][ Power DS/Wells ]
Y U I M E T A L [ Engineer ][ 3kit P/S ][ Havoc Roam ]

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I find this duel mentality weird actually. I like to have a good duel myself, no question. But I am in WvW to fight the war. To intercept dollies, solo towers (on not so busy hours), to upgrade towers, to stop enemy supply routes and reinforce my own.

WvW is not the place to duel imho. If I let a duel go on and my ally looses, that enemy will be free to kill my dollies, capture my camps, if I did not watch the duel play out. You might say killing him is not that big of a difference, because he simply can come back. But that is your difference. He has to come back, giving me time (how often is it only one dolly missing in the tower for the upgrade to finish) and I can anticipate his movements and maybe intercept him again.

I love to play this kind of small scale skirmish wars with other roamers for dollies, camps and towers. So I will engage the enemy, because it is WvW, it is war. Leaving the enemy to duel my ally can be a grief strategic error.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Yesterday, something happened have changed the way I conduct in WvW regard to duel. I was in EBG and far behind a player I’ve known from our server.I saw him turn cornered running passed a thief from other server standing there. Not sitting down as an indication of a spectator.
Once I got to the corner I’ve seen him fighting w/ another player from the same server with the thief. Naturally I thought it’s a duel so I strafed to the left side and having my eyes on both the duel & the thief standing there. Within a second, he downed that player then suddenly, the thief went to steal and back stab our player. Our player health bar literally dropped down to zero. Needless to say, I jumped right into the fray. Thief like that is mostly no skill.

No more nice guy. Red is Dead. Until being asked to stop.

TyPin: AFAIK, they don’t stomp on duel.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

in WvW

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

And the 1v1 could also be a PvE player running to get to that one place that they need for 100% map completion. Especially if not in an obvious duel area.

I’m not a WvW’er. I’m for all intents and purposes full clerics and was at the time I went into WvW for map completion. I got into a few fights. Lost every single one of them. But I didn’t get angry at any of them. Except one. I was getting a skill point (centaur camp on a BL map) and he didn’t have the courtesy to wait until I was done communing with it. But I waited a while and then came back and got it.

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

If you didn’t see a /bow, it’s not an “official” duel (the emote range is pretty big).

If I see someone fighting a thief, I will more than probably join the fight (sorry thieves, your class is the most prone to players looking for cheap kills and not duels).

in WvW

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

you get a point for every stomp when your server has bloodlust (and every time you cap a sentry). if there’s anything of a ringing endorsement that wvw is large scale player vs player (and nod to cap sentries) that’s it for me.

let them dual (and cap sentries).

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Since I spend my time in the home BL, Red is Dead unless the duelers are at the Windmill. I will back off if a teammate tells me it is a duel but I will also tell him or her to take it to the windmill. I will then make a point of monitoring the south camp as too many so called “duelers” will run down to cap the camp in order to gain stacks.

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: CyRuS.6915

CyRuS.6915

World vs. World is a war… a war between three WORLDS. There is absolutely nothing wrong with attacking an enemy who is fighting someone from your world. If they don’t like it, they have nobody to blame but themselves for trying to have an exclusive duel in that environment. IF you are convinced that what you are seeing is intended to be an exclusive duel, then I suppose in some sense it is polite to let it be.

For my part, the choices I make in wvw are based on what I think is helpful to my server. That is my primary goal in wvw… to contribute towards a win for my server. If I think killing someone advances that interest, I will do it (maybe the fight is happening next to a spot I am defending or perhaps I have decided the enemy is some thief trying to pick off reinforcements or disrupt our supply flow). If that’s what I think at that moment, then I am going to attack and frankly, I don’t care if you are dueling. If I think my time is better spent else ware, then I will ignore you.

Bottom line: It is wvw. It’s not OS, it’s not EOTM, and it is not spvp. If I kill you or your dueling partner on my BL and you are upset about it… my advice would be to direct your QQ else ware because I definitely don’t care.

Anomaly

in WvW

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

You come up over a ridgeline near Stone Mist Castle and see an ally getting beat down by an enemy, what do you do:

a.) Ignore it, it’s none of your business.

b.) Attack the enemy player, it’s WvW

c.) Don’t attack, and say, “Are dueling or PvPing?”

I answered “b” but supposedly the correct answer is “c” to the “ally” who called me a childish name and acted like I was the worst person ever in the world. (BTW I don’t usually read chat while in combat, so I didn’t the lame insults until after the fight.)

Please tell me that we aren’t catering to personal duelers in open WvW.

Nothing against dueling, but if you do it out in the open in WvW, do not expect people to give a flying fruit about it, I certainly will not be “asking” if it’s alright to fight the enemy.

Of course, maybe I hold the minority opinion on the matter.

I kill them all and then when they whine and cry I pour salt into their wounds, cause that’s what a Charr from the Blood Legion does to his enemies.

BLUT UND EHRE !

Are you Shpongled?

(edited by Shpongle.6025)

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

If they are at an objective I don’t care im going to move in and kill kill kill.
Away from objectives though:
If I see its even I will watch and then move in if they are going to drop.
If the enemy is a thief I go in for the kill.
If the ally is a thief and they are going to get spiked I laugh and hop on their corpse lol.

You will find 9 times out of 10 the enemy has no issues turning a 1v1 into a 1 v2 or 3 or 4 or 1v zerg…so don’t fret cause in all likely hood you probably saved your ally anyhow.

in WvW

Posted by: KenSniper.8690

KenSniper.8690

Attack and kill, if you want to duel go to Obsidian Sanctum or at the windmill much south of the southern camps of the BLs

in WvW

Posted by: ExpiredLifetime.1083

ExpiredLifetime.1083

It depends. It all depends.
I always roam, and if I see two people fighting it out and the enemy isn’t a PU mesmer I’ll leave the fight alone. If it’s a PU mes or the ally yells for help, you can be kitten ed sure I’m jumping in.

Now, if I’m with someone else roaming all of those restrictions come off unless it’s blatantly obvious that it’s a duel – at that point we’ll probably all stop and watch.

in WvW

Posted by: Phosphia.7813

Phosphia.7813

Don’t jump into a 1v1. Dumb you even ask.

in WvW

Posted by: nexusone.2367

nexusone.2367

The point isn’t about whether it’s “fair”, “allowed” or “expected”.

Its just about fun.

Lets leave aside formal duels for now, and just talk about roaming, where 1v1s and 2v2s can frequently happen.

If I’m in a 1v1 while roaming, and 2 allies jump in and turn it into a 3v1, I don’t get annoyed because its not “honourable”. I get annoyed because its not “fun”. 3v1 takes zero effort, requires zero skill. You can do it with your eyes closed.

So rather than having a challenging 1v1 where I have to really work hard, by adding in you turn my fun fight into, basically, PvE. You have robbed me of fun.

Its not about honour and fairness, its just about turning fun fights into tedious zergfests.

However, I fully agree that people shouldn’t expect perfectly fair fights if they’re hanging around objectives and main-roads. This is why many people seeking duels on EB go to the east side of Stonemist, where the Oakhearts are, because there is rarely any reason for the PPT hordes to go through that way.

Exactly that.

If I see a 1v1 I tend to observe what is actually happening. If the player of my server just tries to get to a certain part of the map and doesn’t defend (not all have roaming specs) I join in and help him. The least it does is make the attacker go away 90% of the time, because they somehow also don’t want to fight outnumbered.

If the player is actually fighting back and is downed, I join but try to prevent the stomp.

Everything else I don’t really care about.

I’d agree though that SM is not really a dueling place but then again if the situation allows for a duel there why not.

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Don’t jump into a 1v1. Dumb you even ask.

You have convinced me, why bother with all the finer details, I’ll keep it simple and always jump in and help my allies against the enemy, no questions asked.

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

It depends. It all depends.
I always roam, and if I see two people fighting it out and the enemy isn’t a PU mesmer I’ll leave the fight alone. If it’s a PU mes or the ally yells for help, you can be kitten ed sure I’m jumping in.

Now, if I’m with someone else roaming all of those restrictions come off unless it’s blatantly obvious that it’s a duel – at that point we’ll probably all stop and watch.

How do you see if it’s a PU mesmer. I have been many times “accused” to use PU, when I am rarely ever using that trait.

And the next question would be: What is so different about PU mesmers?

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

How do you see if it’s a PU mesmer.

It’s the butterfly symbol next to your name-tag that gives it away, invokes similar reactions as the crossed dagger and key.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Ah yes, the legendary PU Mesmer. To encounter one is but a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a build that does not exist. PU Mesmer, a 6/6/6/6/6 condispamming loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the unskilled, the overpowered, the permastealthed, in a world of hapless hambows who operate within acceptable builds…

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: jadaniel.4910

jadaniel.4910

There’s this neat feature Anet has…called private PvP servers in the magical land of the Mists. So the idea of getting mad in this context is like going out to a public park to play football and getting upset when someone happens to get in the way. So, for me it’s WvW go to the Heart of the Mists and PvP if you want to duel. And GvG isn’t implemented in the game so tough cookies. However, I do tend to watch 1 v 1 for a moment and kinda get an idea of what’s going on before I interfere.

in WvW

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

i have an account on jq and one on ar… the one on ar i will forever keep there because the roaming is amazing. duals happen spontaneously running around taking camps, or towers or whatever (I’ve solo’d keeps before at various times). if i’ve broken off from a zerg and happen to be fighting someone, and either my team or their team jump into the middle of a good fight, it totally ruins what’s going on, and i think anyone who roams will agree that a 1v1 or 1v2 is fine but the 1v1 is better. 1v3 is pushing it and getting mowed down is just stupid. leave people alone who are fighting it out. go hide in your tower or mow in your zerg if that’s all you know how to do, or learn to 1:1 and be autonomous; it’ll help your group dynamic.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores